Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

Default Anybody ever done the Body for Life program?

I wondered if you had good results on both the exercise and the nutrition part of the program???
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #2  
Mel

Yes, I did. I did more cardio tho than 20 minutes 3 times a week. I also found that 6 meals with carbs were too much food for me. I was already at my goal weight when I started it, gained 2 pounds in the 12 weeks and went from a size 6-8 jeans to a size 4. I now eat 5 meals a day, and drop starch carbs out of at least two of them.

Give it a try and see how it goes!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #3  

If you're carb sensitive like me (insulin resistant), the diet part won't work well.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

Why is it a problem for insulin resistant folks? Just curious???
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have insulin issues and I follow a high carb diet but they do have to be the right carbs or else I have issues.

Many insulin resistant people have trouble with carbs because carbs, especially processed carbs, cause spikes in insulin. Spikes in insulin can also be followed by dips in blood sugar.

It can cause some intense cravings as well as generally messing with your body. Although it is calories in vs calories out, those that have insulin issues tend to have trouble if they don't follow a diet that helps avoid insulin spikes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I did Body for Life for about six weeks several years ago. I did lose weight on it, but it was just too detailed for me. Constantly changing weight and rep numbers, filling out all those forms, eating six meals a day, it was just too much. I do better on a much less structured regime.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 04-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

AZ Mom, I did the whole 12 week program in 2001 and lost 30lbs went from a size 14 to 7. It definatley works if you do it by the book. Bad boyfriend got me off it and gained all the weight back. I actually posted a thread about it today. I am starting back as soon as my DH (not previous bad bf) gets home from Iraq and was looking for a thread on it. Im AZ also. IF you are looking for a BFL buddy, let me know. I definately could use the support.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/245/150

Height: 5'8"

Fluffybutt, have you started BFL yet? I am also looking for a buddy. I have a friend that lives by it and looks amazing and is in amazing health. Let me know where you are at...
grneyegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #9  

Here is the short story of it. My husband is coming home from Iraq in 3 days and we will be travelling/relaxing for 2 weeks. I will be starting the full bfl program on May 25th. However, my DH just started working out for the last 6 mos while in Iraq and wants to continue this daily workouts. So pretty much my workouts with him will start on Thursday. I am taking this time as a readjustment period until I start on the 25th. So I am more than willing to be your buddy. Have you read the book yet?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #10  

Also, as for the nutrition part. The balance of protien and good carbs actually stablizes blood sugar. One of the grand champion winners was diabetic and went from 2 or 3 shots a day down to either 1 shot or pills - I cant remember its been so long. You can look it up on the bfl website. And for me personally, I never get the peaks and valley of eating and then crashing. I also can totally tell a different in the bathroom department (not to be too gross) but everything is very regular.