Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Dinner out tonight; need to pre-plan

I am going out with my friend for her birthday, and she chose Texas Roadhouse. Their website doesn't give nutritional information - do I recall that there is a website out there that gives nutritional information for some restaurants?

I see they do have some chicken selections that might work for me, and I can get a baked sweet potato and green beans.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #2  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I just googled it and I couldn't find anything for Texas Roadhouse, but some tips might be to order a grilled chicken breast (like I think you were talking about) along with a sweet potato with no butter or sugar on it and green beans cooked with no oil or butter. Also, sweet potatoes at a lot of restaurants are absolutely huge and probably have several servings in them (the ones I cook at my house usually come out to around 400g), so keep that in mind when you're trying to estimate calories.

I hope you have fun tonight!

Last edited by LindseyLouWho; 04-02-2008 at 10:56 AM.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Just to let you know the one's I have been to cook their green beans in bacon or ham. I looove their grilled chicken salads. I get them without bacon. They do have eggs and cheese on them so I usually get rid of half the cheese they put on, then take the yolks out of the eggs{for less calories and I don't like the yolks}. You could do oil and vinegar but I usually bring my own dressing or just use a wee bit of their dressing. I can't do low fat reduced calorie dressings either, blah! And beware of the bread and peanuts, I find I have a hard time keeping my hands out of the peanut bucket!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  

Just to let you know the one's I have been to cook their green beans in bacon or ham.

Oh, who would treat a poor innocent green bean like that???? I will have to be sure to ask how the veggies are prepared, and if they are in oil or have bacon, I will have to order a side salad instead.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #5  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

Before changing my eating habits I would have loved a green bean like that. My husband still does. He gets them every time we go. They have onions in them as well, yummy.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:01 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

You may want to try www.dwlz.com and click on restaurants. They have a lot listed on there. And before anybody chimes in, there have been some errors now and again, but it's a good resource.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #7  

You were right about those green beans! Fortunately, they had steamed vegetables, and I asked the waitress to have them leave off the butter. I had my sweet potato plain, and it was absolutely delicious. I also splurged and had a 6 oz. fillet mignon. I hadn't eaten beef in a long time - my husband is a vegetarian - and it was absolutely delicious. I normally eat, chicken, fish, or beans, and on my chicken and fish nights, I feed my husband a veg alternative.