Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Default celexa, lexapro, no energy...which ways up??

I had my fourth baby last August and had a lot of problems with the csection (they had to tear it back open) So I did not bounce back very well. About 6 weeks out at one of my weekly visits for my csection my dr asked me if i was ok i just said yeah well the next week hes like whats wrong your not yourself. I just burst in tears all i wanted to do is cry. I could cry in secs for no reason so he put me on celexa...at 6 weeks I weighed 208 (gained alot with first baby and didnt have time to get it off with 4 kids in 5 years) So I started the celexa and from there my weight just kept going up bout 3 months later the celexa was not working so I switched to lexapro..which kept me sane with the kids. I felt normal. But I had no gusto or energy regualrly if i really had to get a lot donw i would take a stacker 3 to give me energy. SO now in march I weighed 225...( six years ago I weighed 130) So I tried weanning off the lexapro..but now i am just fighting awful sleep pattern no energy...lathargic. LIke I cant go to bed until late then in the morning I am so exhausted I dont want to do much of anything. Of course I have to do stuff because of kids but like if I didnt have them I would just lay and sleep. I got the ultra 90 pills that are all natural and restore stuff in your system. The three times i have taken them they have gave me energy the next day. BUt you have to fast for 3 hours before bed. so I have to get everyone on schedule and do that....I have no clue what was is up and what way is down. I am ready to just look up the biggest loser and have someone watch my kids for some months....i was reading sucess stories last night and wanted to just sit there and cry because if seemed so hard they worked hard to do it and i cant even get the energy to keep up with laundry for 6 people....do I call the dr and get switched to something else do i try staying off it WHAT WAY IS UP???????
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Hi
I take lexapro with wellbutrin. My doctor added the 100mg SR to the lexapro to give me the energy I needed. It took about a month for it to kick in and now I feel great. Just a thought... good luck and keep posting
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #3  

thank you I think i am going to see if the dr can do something like that...because like i got decent sleep last night like 10 hours and i didnt want to do anything today..i did because i had to but i waited till the late tonight and did only what i had to do.. Just cleaned up the floor so the baby wouldnt eat something she shouldnt but i have tons of laundry to put away some to still fold and another load upstairs to wash...a few dishes i coulda caught up on...packin to do for us to move...and i did nothing.. like i havent taken my lexapro for probably 5 days and tonight i was mean as a snake...ahhhh
Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/272.6/200

Height: 5'3"

get back on lexapro , i an raising 4 grandchildren ages 8 to 2 , if i didn't have my lexapro i would never make it.you need to give it at least 4-6 weeks to work.......getting focused on dieting is harder , but if you give it time the lexapro will work i have been on it 2yrs,maybe the dosd\[age was too high you should start with 10mg a day taken in the morning,,,,,,,,,i hope this helps .
janet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #5  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

I take Celexa (50mg/day) and I find that taking it at night before bed helps. I was taking it in the morning at first and couldn't understand why I was so tired all the time.
Halichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #6  

I take lexapro 10mg everyday and thank goodness for it. It keeps me sane. I am having trouble with keeping energy though. I'm sure it dosent help that I work third shift and dont sleep well in the daytime. Any tips?
Phantaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

poor thing! I'm giving you a hug, but I don't know how to do the cute emoticon one. Is your hubby being supportive? How old are your kids? Got any girlfriends you can swap babysitting with?
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #8  

Thank you some days I need a hundred hugs.. Ethan is 5 Nathan is 3 Kira will be 2 in a month, and Maddie is 9 months and my husband is 33...haha.. Yes he is supportive. He was really bad about me taking meds and said i need to just fight it off but hes ok with it now. I called my dr and he switched me to wellbutrin (however you spell it) So we will see how it works but I think i have gain more weight or i am just bloated for the favorite time of the month. I have to buy a new scale my kids dropped it. Thank you for all the advice from everyone. I have set a goal of 195 by july so i need to go by a scale and see where i am hopefully that is an attainable goal!! ok thank you