Fitness Videos - WATP....April Chat - All Walkers Welcome

cbmare
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Good morning all!

It is time to get ready for spring. You wouldn't know it's here by some of the weather we've all had.

I got up this morning after having a week off and did the Abs workout. Boy oh boy do I feel it!

I could feel my knee shifting during the warm-up, so I think I'm going to stick to some of the workouts that don't require much walking.

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi :wave: Can I join in?? I love WATP!! I just got done doing the 3 mile.

mj5
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
This morning I did the 2 mile walk slim. Still surprising that I can sweat so much so early in the am! ;) I even kept up w/ most of the intervals!

Shy Moment
04-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Shop
Glad to have you. We all love Leslie

I love the intervals but I can't do the kicks and sides if I am going to do the jogging, to much on my knees. So one interval I do the jogging and the next I don't, instead I just do the fast walking and the kicks and sides. Sometimes, like today, I was able to do it all and my knees not hurt a bit :)

Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Super Fat Burning ( 48 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles ( 59 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk 2 Mile ( 33 Min )

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2008, 07:36 PM
I really need to buy more of her dvds. I only have 3. The women's walk, the faith walk, and the one with the 3 workouts (i forgot what its called). I was going to buy the one with that waist band, but I ended up getting a different dvd instead.

cbmare
04-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Shop
:welcome:

Go to your library. You may find her dvds there and can try some different ones before you buy.

Shopaholic1204
04-01-2008, 07:43 PM
They dont have exersice dvds there. They dont even have dvds!! LoL!!

Michele L
04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Good evening, walkers! I had good intentions of doing 4 Fast Miles today. I didn't have time this morning, but I worked out a plan for doing it after work before supper. Unfortunately, I had a meeting that ran long and I left work late. Then I had to throw together a meatloaf. By the time it was in the oven, I didn't have time for the full workout because I had to go pick up my DD from track practice. So, I hopped on the treadmill and did 20 minutes (all the time I had). I THOUGHT I'd do the 4 miles after supper, but my stomach is rebelling. So I'm going to have to settle for 1.1 miles on the treadmill :tread:

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Michele :wave:

Shy Moment
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Michele
Remember when you didn't even do that much. Every now and then we have a day like that. 1 mile on the tread mill is better than none at all and doesn't seem like a bad amount to me. Nice to see you found even a little time to get a workout in.

Shy Moment
04-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Today

20 Min dumbbell workout

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced ( 71 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone ( 1 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

cbmare
04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
My knee played nice this morning. I did the 1 mile get up and get started.

Shy, you are doing wonderfully! Mid 40s now! Wow! I'm still stuck! I'm really kicking myself because I could have gone into a pharmacy in Cozumel and gotten something. I didn't even think about it and it's impossible for me to get something from doctors around here.

Shy Moment
04-02-2008, 12:28 PM
cb
It seems the docs I see want to give me nothing or want to give me hard drugs. My gosh there is no in between with these people. Glad the knee is better. Seems as the weather is getting nicer I am having less problems. Oh they hurt but heck they aren't ever not going to hurt so I don't let that get me down lol.

Future Bikini Wearer
04-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone,

WATP has always been good for me and I just got her newer DVD's with the intervals and stretch band. Wow! The intervals sure kicked my butt the first week but now that I've been doing them daily I can actually do all of them.

T:exercise:

mj5
04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone! I overslept a bit and only had time for a one mile watp this am...So funny...not too long ago I wouldn't have even considered getting up in the am to exercise!

overit
04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
hi! I just picked up the WATP DVD, 1, 2 and 3 miles. I have been doing the two miles for the past 3 days and really like. I work up a sweat and that is such a good thing!! Did she do a video for WW? She seems so familiar. Anyway, how has everyone's success been with WATP? I walk alot where I am living currently (no car and I average about 5 miles a day), but I still can feel this in my leg muscles, so I am very happy with that.

dreamcatchers
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello,
I am curious about the WATP. Not sure what it is but from everyones messages it sounds like a walking DVD. How do you do it?? I am very out of shape and have a bad knee(which I am sure would feel better 60lbs thinner). I used to do 3-4 miles at 3.0-3.2 on treadmill last spring(I was down about 20lbs then). I would love some info on some DVD's since I can't get my butt to the gym or afford it right now.
Thanks,
Lisa

Shy Moment
04-02-2008, 09:50 PM
lisa
Walk away the pounds is a series of DVDs featuring Leslie Sansone. She has all kinds of DVDs and VHS tapes ( the woman has been around doing this for 20 odd years. She and I are the same age so that tells me how badly out of shape I am lol. They are walking/aerobic videos and even with my bad knees, hips and shoulders I can do them :). She is a bubbly person and I find her great fun. The video comes on and she says helllllllllllo and I say helllllllllllllllo Leslie and everyone in the house laughs at me. There aren't many moves to the videos. Walking in place, walking up and back, knee lifts, kick backs ( raising the foot to the bum and side to side steps. Some of the videos do have a few more steps but those are the basic steps to all of her workouts.

overit
I love the videos I started doing the one mile WATP and had to pause it a few times ( ok I was sick at the time but still lol ). Now I can do the 5 mile ones, never thought that would happen. I don't see where they area helping me to to lose any weight. I am still losing weight at the same rate I was before I started to exercise BUT I can sure see toning going on. The definition that is happening in my body is fantastic. Some days you can use dumbbells with the videos or a stretchy cord some days you don't. They body doesn't always need to be working to the breaking point everyday.

mj
That is terrific. Isn't it funny the things that change in our lives like getting up and exercising that we thought would NEVER happen in a million years.

Future
I love the walk away the waistline belt. She also has a toning video that uses that belt it is fantastic.

FrouFrou
04-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Hello ladies...mind if I jump aboard?

I absolutely love the WATP! I have 5 I think and just ordered some more...I'm addicted to Leslie! I was treadmilling it and doing the WATP but grew tired of the treadmill. Waiting for the weather to get nice so I can walk outdoors.

Shy Moment
04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Frou
You are more than welcome to join us. We all have Leslie addiction problems lol

mj5
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
This morning I did 2 miles of the 4 Really Big miles (I think that's the one I popped in) in the walk slim series--I wanted to do more (who is this person????), but I had to get ready for work. My boss is understanding, but I don't think she would "get" "sorry I'm late, I was walking w/ leslie!" ;)

cbmare
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
I did the 2 mile high calorie burn this morning. It's from 2001 so it is slower than her newer ones. However, this one uses the belt more than some of the others.

:welcome: to all of you who are just joining us. If I may say so myself, we're a wonderful bunch of Leslie groupies.

beantowngirl
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I want to join! I used to be a major WATPer, but moved out of state, got pregnant, had baby, which meant normalcy was out the window! My little one is almost 17 months and I finally decided to get back on board w/ Leslie. I did my first work out in almost 2 years this morning! :carrot: I have the Walk at Home: Walk away your waistline. I used to have a lot more, but I got rid of them when I was pregnant. They were VHS and we we were getting rid of our VCR. I'm sure I'll add to my collection when this one gets boring to me. :lol:

Shy Moment
04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
beantown
I love that video. Do you know she has a toning video that uses that belt too, Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster. I have gotten to the point I don't hold the handles I hold the tube to make it more intense.

I sometimes don't understand why people stop exercising when they are preggy. I know we do have to take it easy but now there are videos ( Leslie has one too ) for exercises when preggy. I exercised the whole time I was expecting with both of my children. Hmmm might be the reason why I only gained 11 and 8 pounds lol.

Today

In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone Walk Off Weight ( 4 Miles ) ( 63 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick ( 2 Mile ) 32 Min

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone ( 3 Mile ) Advanced Walk ( 50 Min )

beantowngirl
04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
beantown
I love that video. Do you know she has a toning video that uses that belt too, Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster. I have gotten to the point I don't hold the handles I hold the tube to make it more intense.

I sometimes don't understand why people stop exercising when they are preggy. I know we do have to take it easy but now there are videos ( Leslie has one too ) for exercises when preggy. I exercised the whole time I was expecting with both of my children. Hmmm might be the reason why I only gained 11 and 8 pounds lol.

I was to freakin' tired and barfing all of the time. :lol: I did do a lot of walking outside of the house, though. But I did think I would work out while I was pregnant. Of course, I thought I would eat entirely healthy and all of that too, so go figure.

I did not know about the other DVD. Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to check it out!

FrouFrou
04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Hello ladies and thank you for the welcome :hug:

Today's workout I did the 1 mile walk twice. I had planned on doing it just once but I do it as a warm-up for my Denise Austin. So did the 1 mile, Denise Austin and the 1 mile again. I usually do it in the middle of the day, the 2nd 1 mile WATP but thought what the heck. I am feeling it so just keep going, lol. Tues & thurs I do strength so that is why I only do the 1 mile on these days. I have another 3o minutes to do...I do weights, jump rope & ride my bike...can't do all 30 minutes straight and this works for me...makes the time go by faster.

Beantown...hope you are feeling good after doing your workout...two years eh? Glad that you are starting again!

Renny...wow, only 11 pounds?! That is great! When I was preggers with all four I was lazy...typical couch potato. That changed a few years ago and I hope it never stops. I know at some point I will have to slow down but for now I am going to keep on keeping on. I've not tried the ab buster...Denise Austin does a good job on me there, lol! She is a killer for sure.

Mare...WTG on the 2 miler! :carrot:

mj5...WTG on your 2 miles as well! :carrot: And I agree...the four mile slim one is a killer!

Have a great day everyone!

Shy Moment
04-03-2008, 05:43 PM
frou
11 with my son and 8 with my daughter lol. I was early with both of them but the doc figured I wouldn't have gained much more anyway maybe 5 more pounds. They figured they would have been under 7 pounds full term anyway. My son was 8 week early and 4 pounds 8 oz and my daughter was 4 weeks early and 5 pounds 7 oz. You know, neither of my kids did what they were suppose to do before they were born why should I think they would now lol. My son was born THE DAY my natural child birth classes started so we never got to go to one, had to wing it lol. My daughter was born the same day they were going to tell me I could have her at home lol. I weighted 120 when I got preggy and 120 when I left the hospital after having them. I ate well and exercised every day. You will find over time you are able do do more and more miles. It really does become a challenge lol.

mj
I was pretty lucky, bit sick in the afternoon for a few weeks but never got sick. I loved being preggy and was not happy when it was over. I never felt better in my life than when I did the whole time I was expecting my children. I was tired with my second one since I had a 3 year old to take care of and was in college so I had to take a nap when he laid down for his nap in the afternoon.

dandk0204
04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Walked 6 miles today.

3 mile walk with hand weights on the 5 mile dvd twice.

dixiecool
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Good morning walkers!

Did 4 Express Miles yesterday.

DH had a miniature pinscher who was 1 month away from turning 16 and sadly she passed away on Sunday from heart failure. It was soooo sad. I've only known her for 4 years and it was heart-breaking see her go. Her health had been getting progressively worse for over 2 years and we promised ourselves we would stay with her for as long as she needed us. We didn't have the heart to put her up for a week while we went away on vacation.

So on Tuesday morning, DH and I booked a trip. We're going back to Sandals in Jamaica where we got married 3 years ago! It's bitter-sweet but we're very much looking foward to it. Our anniversary is next Monday. We'll be leaving on June 28th.

85 days to go ... This can mean only one thing: WATP EVERY DAY!!!

Dusty4800
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi All,
Welcome to all the new walkers, glad you are here
my walks this week so far
Sun 2 miles [school track]
Mon 3 fast miles
Tue 1 mile [school track]
Wed 3 fast miles & 4 fast miles
Thu 4 adv miles & 2 express miles w/stretchie
Fri & Sat planning on doing 3 & 4 fast miles I want to buy the fast and firm
4 really big miles
Hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

Shy Moment
04-04-2008, 02:03 PM
dixie
I am sorry about your dog. It is sad when it is time for them to leave us. Hope you have a great time on your vacation

Today
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Advanced Walk ( 50 Min )

beantowngirl
04-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Did my waist slimmer this morning!

For those of you who do the 4 mile, is it a 1 hour workout?

FrouFrou
04-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Hiya :wave:

Sounds like everyone is doing great with their WATP! Keep up the good work ladies! :yay:

beantowngirl...I did the 4 miles this morning and mine (not sure it is the same with them all) is 50 minutes long.

renny...wow, only 11 and 8 pounds, geez...I gained 25-30 with all of the kids. Of course with DD I started losing at first because the sight of food made me sick. Doctor asked me if I was dieting, lol...I said No!

dusty...you are doing great!

dixie...sorry to hear about the doggy :hug: Jamaica eh? What a nice anniversary...something to look forward to for sure!

Hello to everyone!

Did my 4 mile slimming miles this morning...man those are a killer for sure. Love the boosters thru them though...good workout for sure! Going to do the 3 mile waist slimming one after Jeopardy...like to break up my workouts. I think that is why I can do so much. Otherwise I would end up just doing one and that's it.

Have a good day ladies!

Shy Moment
04-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Frou
Oh my gosh everyone thought I gained about 90 lol. I didn't even look Peggie then ALL OF A SUDDEN at about 5 months I couldn't see my feet. I was all baby and it all stuck out the front lol. My daughter was in drop position the whole time and just danced on my kidneys. Her father still says ever since I got Peggie with her, he hasn't been able to hold his water lol. Oh me too, I don't do all my workouts at once. Do my resistance training together and then space out the walking videos.

Beantown
Not sure which vidoe you mean.

findingfawn
04-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone, I would love to join you all! I love my WATP videos. All I have right now is the 1 and 2 mile for abs. I had 3, but it is MIA. These are the first videos I have found that I feel like I'm getting a workout without killing myself and moving in ways that a fat body just doesn't move in. I also have some issues with a hip that won't stay in place and these videos actually seem to be helping it! I don't have the waist belt thing, so I'm going to add some 2 pound hand weights to the workouts. I also just ordered 4 more of her videos... I think they are just the regular WATP 1-4 miles. They will be my reward for hitting 250, so I better hit it soon, because I'm not opening that package until the scale says I can..lol.

Anyway, I did the 2 mile this morning... I still fell like I'm pushing it to finish it, but I've only been at the 2 mile for a week.

FrouFrou
04-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Hello all...

FAWN...hello and :welcome: WTG with the 2 miles! Hey, take your time...you will get thru it soon enough. I know when I first started them I thought I would die...of course I was really out of shape. How funny that they help your hip...just make sure you are careful.

RENNY...too funny! I have a friend who gained 70 pounds with her second. It was so bad...her legs were so big and her ankles were so bad. The last month she couldn't walk. Of course she did lose all the weight...it helped that the baby was 11 pounds!

Hoping everyone is well and enjoying your weekend!

I managed to get in the 3 mile waistline dvd done this morning. The plan was to do another dvd later today, and I still may...but had to babysit and the kids kept me going for hours! So I think I got a pretty good workout for the day.

Have a good weekend!

findingfawn
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Cristina, I'm sure you got a good workout with those kids.. I have a 2 and a 3 year old and also a 9 year old.. I don't know which end is up most days with this crew..lol. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I feel the need to do the 1 mile tomarrow for my workout, I will try to do it twice throughout the day, but we went bowling for 3 hours today! It was fun, the little ones really liked it, but my hip did not.. so it's easy going for a few days till it "tuffins" back up..lol.

Shy Moment
04-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Today

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 28 Min )

Michele L
04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon, walkers! I just finished 4 Really BIG Miles and I am feeling GOOD! I haven't been finding the time for workouts much lately (only walked Sunday and Tuesday last week), but I really want to change that! I made a new goal for myself (on another forum) to just workout 3 days this week. Over the next 7 weeks I will increase that to 4 and then 5 days. If I do more a given week, that's great, but NOT a requirement! I need to be realistic about my life and time right now and the 6 or 7 days I used to workout just won't happen right now. I can't wait until summer when I will have TIME!

Shy Moment
04-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Today

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles ( 51 Min )

Don't usually workout on the weekends but this weekend I wanted to catch up the extra miles I wanted in. Last week was dot time and while I got the required miles in I expect for myself. I didn't get all the extra miles I wanted to get. I feel good about myself now :)

findingfawn
04-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I did the 1 mile Abs yesterday morning with 2 pound weights (I don't have the belt) in hand the whole time.. it felt good sooooo today my hip was feeling up to the 2 miles and I grabbed those weights... OMG!! My arms are killing me... that is supposed to be a good thing, but right now I'm not feeling that it is..lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

dixiecool
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Good morning!

Friday: 10-Minute Solution Trouble Spots - 50 minutes

Saturday: WATP - 5 Miles.

I finally found a walking buddy and the weather is getting really nice up here so we're starting tonight. Hoping to do a 1-hour walk with her 3 times a week and keep up my WATPs and toning on my own the other days.

Have a great day!

Michele L
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Good morning! I made myself get out of bed and do the 1 mile Get Up & Get Started with 3 pound weights! I'm so glad I did, too! That's 2 days in a row I've worked out (been a long time since I did that) and I've done 2 of the 3 days I promised myself for this week!

Have a great week!

cbmare
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I did the Muscle Mile One with the weights today.

findingfawn
04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Michele.. 3lbs??? You just made my arms hurt worse!

Good job everyone! Keep it up!!

cathyxxx
04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
hey hey hey gang :wave:

I've been away from this thread for the past month. My sister took me to Maui the first week of Mrach, and then dh and I went to Keystone Colorado with the 12th graders at church on their senior trip. We had a blast.

But now I'm trying to get back to reality and desperately need to get back to my walking.

I cleaned house for over 6 hours on Saturday so that was my exercise for that day and man was I pooped!

My plan is to drag my tired self out of the bed at 5 am tomorrow morning and slip on my shoes and join Leslie for a walk. I'll let ya know how it goes.

It's good to see everybody's still walking hard!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Skinny Magee
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I am a walker and always have been. I would LOVE to be a runner but I just can't do it. I walk VERY fast though and am usually sweating as much as any runner :)
I walk for 35 minutes every day on the treadmill and do the x-country program on it. When I walk outside in the nice weather, I do 35-45 minutes on the side streets where I work and it's alot of uphill and downhill type stuff. A year and a half ago I lost 45 lbs doing this..then got sick and was on medication that made me gain a bunch of weight. I went from 155 lbs in Sept 06 to 192lbs by Nov 07. I was so sad :(
I had surgery in November 2007 and December 1st weighed 192 lbs. I am now 175 lbs and working (or walking) my butt off to do so. My mini goal is to be 160 by May 31st.
I would love to be a part of this group :D

Jade235
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi all, I just bought a way old school VHS (yes I know) from a dollar store of Leslie and was going to give it a try. I have been having some major back and hip issues so I can't go walking with my DH in the evenings for fear of not being able to make it back home :(. I was wondering how much success people have been seeing this is in terms of weight loss. I figure doing something is better than nothing.

Shy Moment
04-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Today

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Miracle Mile Walk ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 7 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Booster Mile ( Firm Up On End Of Video ) ( 10 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone ( Toning ) Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile ( 29 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 33 Min )

FrouFrou
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Hello everyone...

Sorry for not doing individuals...want to go start the second round of exercise in case we lose our electric. Supposed to have some bad storms coming thru and it just started raining and is thundering so...want to make sure I get more than what I already did this morning. I did the 3 mile waist one this morning before heading out to run errands.

I will be back later or tomorrow...depends on the weather. If it gets too bad we turn the computer off so...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Shy Moment
04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Frou
Nice going thinking about getting the exercise in. Hope the storms aren't to bad.

Jade
Many people are seeing great weight loss with the videos. I am not seeing any difference in my rate of weight loss BUT don't let that get you down. I am seeing terrific toning going on and the inches are sure changing. I do her walking/aerobic videos and toning videos a few times a day I LOVE THEM.

Magee
Oh I do understand the meads weight gain. I went from about 120 to almost 200 just about all from meads. You are more than welcome here. I can tell you with a nice balanced diet of the required amounts of the four basic food groups, the support of people on his site, my darling husband, and last but not least God's support and exercise. I am well on my way to being a healthy and fit person again. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

Cathy
Hope you had a great time. Now is the wonderful time of getting back to reality and back on the dusty trail of getting fit. Just think, when you take your next vacation you will be thinner and get to have all new clothes lol.

cb
Haven't done that one for awhile. Thanks for reminding me about it. Going to have to do that one tomorrow.

Michele
Good for you. Every day you workout adds one more day to that keeping fit frame of mind.

Dixie
Oh that is nice. Wish I had someone to walk with that didn't walk like a snail with hemorrhoids like my husband does lol. All exercise is good. I can't wait for nice weather all the time so I can add going to the park and walking.

finding
Oh I know exactly what you mean lol. Why is something that is suppose to be so good for us so hard sometimes lol.

findingfawn
04-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone! Last night I swore those weights were staying on the shelf today.. if not forever..lol. I got up this morning and they started teasing me.. so I said that's it.. I'll show them! I grabbed them up and did the 2 mile with them in hand once again... I made it through every arm exercise with them today.. yesterday I had to drop my arms a few times. My arms hurt horribly now, so I know it's doing something.. if nothing more than getting me out of washing dishes today..lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! You are all doing great!

dixiecool
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Good morning all walkers!

Yesterday at lunch: walked 20 casual stroll downtown

After supper: 50 minute walk with my walking buddy (we love it!)

This morning: 35 brisk minute walk to bus station

I have a bus right at the corner of my house that takes me right downtown but this morning I walked to the main bus station and just hopped on the first bus that headed out to the city. What a great walk! I definitely need to get a backpack though, my purse and lunch bag were very heavy and cumbersome! So I'll be looking for one on my lunch hour today.

I also have a date with my walking buddy tonight. We're trying to take advantage of all the rain-free nights we can.

80 days to Jamaica!

Have a great day everyone.

cathyxxx
04-08-2008, 10:57 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I didn't get up at 5:00 when the alarm went off but woke back up at 5:30 so I jumped out of bed and did 1 quick & fast mile before getting ready for work.

I know it's not much - gosh it feels like 1 mile is nothing - but at least it's a start at getting myself back into gear ;)

ShyMoment - did you do like 12 miles yesterday???? :faint:

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

Shy Moment
04-08-2008, 12:16 PM
cathy
lol only 8. Try to do 8 on Mon, wen and Fri since I also do about 40 min resistance training and then do 10 on Tues and Thur since I didn't do Resistance training those days

findingfawn
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
whoa Shy... I would be laying on the floor dead after all of that!! I could do the 2 mile maybe twice a day.. but 8 or 10 miles would be my demise..lol. You amaze me!

Shy Moment
04-08-2008, 03:19 PM
finding
I bet if you did it you would see it isn't that bad lol. I like to do the 5 mile videos but some of my favorites are only 2 miles so I switch off back and forth. I just do them off and on all day. It does take time to do that many, didn't really realize how much until I looked at the numbers. Since I am a stay at home mom and both my kids are grown or darn near grown, my time is my own. Only time the kids bother me is when they want to put their heads in the troth lol.

findingfawn
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
oh lucky you Shy... my kids are all youngens yet! 9, 3 and 2 and once they are up the floor can not be found no matter how hard you look..lol. I guess my day is coming.

mj5
04-08-2008, 04:16 PM
This morning I did 2 miles of the 4 Really Big Miles (Walk Slim). I would have done more, but had to get ready for work....

FrouFrou
04-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Hello, hello :wave:

RENNIE...geez louise woman! That is an amazing amount of exercise...tired me out just reading it! I've done what you do too...if I have a busy day I will do several of the smaller dvds...the 1 mile, and 2 mile and do them over and over...just to get something in. It's crazy how it adds up.

I don't have a five mile one, yet! Lol It will be coming soon. :crossed: I haven't ordered it, just want to get it eventually. But for now the ones I have will suffice. Oh, I did order the...something blaster, ugh! Can't remember what it was called. With the thing that is like a stair stepper. Comes with 3 dvds to tone...I'm hoping it comes sooner than the 4-6 weeks it says it will take.

MJ...two miles is good! And so much better than nothing at all! :D

FAWN...good job with the weights! You'll get the hang of it and it will be nothing! That is one of my fav dvd's!

DIXIE...good workout! I can't wait to walk outdoors. The rain messes it up for sure.

CATHY...hey, a mile is good too, you are moving and that's all that matters.

Looks like everyone is doing an awesome job with the workouts. Keep up the good work ladies!

Today I did the 1 mile WATP and then Denise Austins Fast Fat Burner, ouch! Did that before I left the house to run some errands. When I returned I did the 4 mile WATP so that's a total of 95 minutes for me today. Feeling good about that. This is day 2 of the 10 day challenge and so far, so good. :crossed:

Have a great day! :wave:

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced ( 71 Min )

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Miles ( 47 min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick 2 Mile ( 32 Min )

Frou
I have plenty of time most of the time to do the workouts. When I work I do a couple videos a day and that is it lol. Looks like you are doing great on the exercise front.

Finding
I can remember when my kids were both under school age. I was doing Richard Simmons back then, still do them. They either joined in with me doing the videos, sat and colored, played a game or laid in bed. That was their choice, I didn't give them any options lol. I know, I am a mean mean mother :).

findingfawn
04-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Did the 2 mile for abs again this morning. I can't wait for my 4 new ones to get here!! Anyway, I decided to use the weights again, and my arms are finally not killing right away afterwards.

MJ~~ good job, 2 miles is great!

Frou~ you are trying to help shy give me a heart attack with all this time you guys put in... great job! I will be there with you someday!

Shy~ you so amaze me! I need to find your drive!! I get up early to exercise, as I want to add more I will most likely have to get up earlier and earlier. We homeschool, so the kids are always here...add to that the fact that our home is very small and it equals no floors to be found in the house once the kids are up for the day. I have thought about adding workouts before bed, but usually by that time of the day I'm pooped and can't wait to crawl into bed and snuggle up to hubby.

cathyxxx
04-09-2008, 10:14 AM

I got up at 5:00 and did the 2 mile Heart Healthy Walk dvd.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

dixiecool
04-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Good morning walkers!

Please accept my apologies for not posting any responses to your dailies. I love reading everyone. Your dedication to a healthy lifestyle is so inspirational to me. I just like to post my walks, it keeps me accountable. I hope that's ok.

Tuesday:
Morning - 35-minute brisk walk to bus station
Evening - 60-minute walk with my walking buddy to Walmart plus 30 minutes of walking up and down the aisles (even found great track pants to walk in for $7 - can't beat that!)
We're aiming for 3 nights per week together. The rest of the time time I have plenty of Leslie tapes to keep me company LOL

Wednesday:
35-minute brisk walk to bus station

Dusty4800
04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi all,
Well I finally have the fast & firm 4 really big miles I havent done any of it I am planning on doing some of it today I cant wait
my walking so far
Sun day off
Mon walked 1 hr at school track
Tue walked 1 hr at school track
okay it looks like rain so ill be walking with Leslie today
hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

cbmare
04-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I have been so busy at work! How rude of these people who pay me! Expecting me to work! I haven't been able to keep up with everyone.

I did get to slip out of work a little early yesterday. I got in the Power Mile.

This morning I did the Morning Mile with weights. Then I did part of her yoga workout. I keep forgetting about yoga. It really relaxes me. Maybe I should try and do that at night instead of the morning.

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
finding
I do my workout in my den or bedroom. Doesn't really take that much room and I am left alone lol. I know it can be hard. I haven't even started today so I am going to have to push a bit to get it all in. Was up half the darn night just couldn't sleep. Think the last I saw of the clock it was 6 am. I am just now getting up lol. There are all kinds of reasons we don't exercise, kids should be the last excuse lol. Make them join in. They don't have to do it right. They just have to be involved. If they are old enough to jump, walk and kick they can do it lol. It is good for them. Starts them on the journey to exercise and keeps them busy so mom can workout too. As far as drive, my drive is that I don't want to be fat anymore. The meads are gone and I am going to be in shape again. While exercising hasn't really changed the rate I am losing weight the toning that is going on is great. I am hoping when I get to the weight that is right for me my body will look good too.

Cathy
I keep forgetting about that one. Am going to do it today :) thanks for reminding me.

Dixie
We all have busy lives sometimes and just don't find the time to post. WE are glad we can inspire.

Dusty
I really like that one. For me, it is a bit long and I get a bit bored with any of them that are over 3 miles. I have to make myself keep going lol.

cb
Don't think I have heard of the morning mile. I like to use weights, it really adds a nice kick. I forget about the yoga one too. I should do that at night.

FrouFrou
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
FAWN...I think Rennie surpasses me by far! She is going to give me a heart attack, lol! Hey, you are doing great and you are right...you will get there...there's definitely no hurry believe me!

RENNIE...you amaze me! You are doing an awesome job with your workouts, wow! I don't think I could ever do that much...it would kill me!

DUSTY...good job on the workouts! Hope you like the 4 miles!

CATHY...don't think I've seen that one, good job with the 2 miles!

DIXIE...good job on the workouts too, and the great deal on the pants, lol!

MARE...must try some of the yoga sometime. Good job on your workout!

I am done for the day. Did the 4 mile this morning and the 3 mile this afternoon for a total of 95 mns. Trying to get my exercise done before 2'ish now so I can have the evenings for reading.

Have a good day!

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Frou
You make me laugh :). Once you get the hang of it and pace your self it really isn't all that hard. I have days I say oh not today and then I think. If I don't today I just might not tomorrow so I make myself. Other days it is quite fun. 7 miles sure seems like a lot to me. You are doing great. I have been trying to change around when I do my workouts. To many nights I am doing them in the late evening. I want to get them done earlier so I can work on my hook rug at night.

Today
Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Christian Inspired ( 22 Min )

Walk At Home Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced ( 71 Min )

Dumbbells ( 20 Min )

You Can Do Pilate's With Leslie Sansone ( 26 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs Ab Buster ( 10 Min )

findingfawn
04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Well.. I once agian did the 2mi abs, with weights in hand. I wanted to do yoga booty ballet aftewards, but both of the little ones got up and were wanting breakfast.. and because I didn't get it the second they were up they started off with a lovely attitude and dumped a box of cheerios all over the living room... grrrrr. I will try to get to it today later... depending on how they are behaving then.

Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

tresor
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Are any of you members of Leslie's on-line group? I'm getting ready to order some of the new DVD's and was wondering if it would be worth the $$$ to join before ordering the workouts? ALso, do any of you have any coupon codes for getting specials?

Kathy

cathyxxx
04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
hey gang :wave:

I got up early again :cp: and did 2 miles of the Walk Slim Fast & Firm 4 Really Big Miles.

later gaters :wave:

cathyxxx
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Tresor/Kathy - I'm a member at Leslie's website. I find the shipping costs to usually be pretty high there but sometimes she runs a good special that either makes it worth it or even deducts the shipping cost altogether.

sorry I don't have any coupon codes.

dixiecool
04-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Good afternoon everyone.

Wednesday:
35-minute brisk walk to bus station
55-minute brisk walk back from bus station - took the loooong way home lol

Keep up the good work everyone!

Shy Moment
04-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Today
Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile High Calorie Burn ( 32 Min )

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Walk ( Miracle Mile Walk ) ( 33 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk (32 Min)

Walkarobics With Leslie Sansone 40 Plus Workout 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 ( 35 Min )

FrouFrou
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
HIya ladies!

Sorry this is a quickie...a very busy day today and I am pooped! In between running around I did get in a 1 mile WATP, Denise Austin and the 4 mile WATP for a total of 95 minutes. I still have 20 minutes of weights/bike/jump rope to get done before the evening is over. I feel like I am behind, ugh! 20 minutes is nothing though and will do it after the weather report on the news.

Looks like everyone is doing great! Keep on truckin' ladies, or keep on WATP!

findingfawn
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Everyone is doing a great job!

I didn't WATP this morning... I did Sweatin to the Oldies instead. I woke up late and the little ones were already up.. funny they left me sleep, wonder what they were up to... anyway I figured I would have more success with the music.. and I did. The 2 little ones were trying to "dance" with mommy.

Dusty4800
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi All,
Okay I did 50 mins. at the school track last night, no baby sitting today
so ill try out my new dvd fast & firm really big miles I cant wait to give it a
try, after the dvd ive got alot of cleaning to do so I should get a good over
all workout.
Ill be meeting the girls at the school track after dinner tonight, that is
one good thing about walking with others, we all count on each other to be
there and help each other out, just like on here its great to have each other
to talk about walking and getting healthy .
Okay hope you all have a great walking day
Dusty

dixiecool
04-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone.

Thursday:
60-minute walk with buddy
1 mile of the 3-mile Walk Away Your Waistline with the Walk Belt (I received it in the mail yesterday and just wanted to test it out).

Friday:
3-mile Walk Away Your Waistline with the Walk Belt Wooo! what a workout!
Tonight I plan to walk some more.

Have a great Friday everyone.

cbmare
04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I got up this morning and did the Heart Healthy walk. It was a nice 2 miles.

We'll be putting in our garden this weekend. I don't know if I'll WATP because I figure lifting bags of soil stuff and planting will be a workout in and of itself.

Shy Moment
04-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Advanced Walk ( 50 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )

Shy Moment
04-11-2008, 10:37 PM
cb
Gardening can be a lot of work and great exercise. Not sure you need a workout with getting a garden put in lol.

dixie
I love that workout isn't the belt great.

dusty
The fast and firm is a nice workout. At least I like it

Finding
I love sweating to the oldies. I can remember the kids dancing along as I worked out. We all had a great time. I haven't done them for awhile. Going to have to put them on the list for next week. It is great fun when my son ( now age 21 ) joins in and tries to look " manly " while he does the video with me. Oh my gosh he makes me laughed and I get to remember when he was just a young thing doing it with me.

Frou
Sounds like you are doing great and have a nice variety of exercises you are doing.

cathy
I found amazon.com has great prices on her videos and you can usually get great prices on used videos.

dandk0204
04-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Yesterday I did
5 mile advanced walk (71 minutes)
2 of the 3 mile with hand weights (24 minutes)
10 minute brisk walk

Today I did
3 mile with hand weights (38 minutes)
3 mile with stretchie band (35 mintues)
30 minute brisk walk

Michele L
04-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Well, I haven't had a good week, but I'm starting fresh today! So far I've done the 1 mile Booster mile with 3pound weights (16 minutes). I'm planning on doing more, but needed to take a break for lunch.

Hope everyone is doing well! Sure has been slow here lately!

Dusty4800
04-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi All, My walks for last week I love the 4 fast and firm miles I did it for the
first time today I think ill be doing it alot all my walking last week was done
at the school track since the kids were on spring break and had to watch a
few more it was kind of hard to do dvds but ill be back to doing them this
week hope you all had a great weekend
Mon 3 miles
Tue 3 miles
Wed 2 miles
Thur 2 1/2 miles
Fri 2 1/2 miles
Sat 3 miles
Sun. 4 fast & Firm
Dusty

overit
04-14-2008, 07:42 AM
I haven't posted in this since the beginning of the month but have been doing the WATP 2 miles with hand weights. I like it because I sweat and it is only 30 minutes. I really like the 30 minutes. Can anyone suggest any of the other workouts to do in 30 minutes?

dixiecool
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Friday:
3 Fast Miles with Belt
3 Fast Miles without Belt

Saturday:
5 Miles with hand weights, belt and stretchie

Sunday:
3 Fast Miles with belt

Have a great week everyone!

findingfawn
04-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

This weekend I didn't WATP... Sat I did Richard Simmons 80's Blast off (I don't care for this one but it was ok). My family also did the 5K 3FC walk. We had to do it in 2 sessions because after 2 miles we had a minor emergency and had to come home for a bit, but we went back to the trail and did another 2.1 miles.. so we did about 4.2 miles altogether. Sunday I played with the little ones for my exercise.

This morning I did the 2 mile for ABs with my 2 pound weights. I feel great!

Hope everyone has a great week!

cathyxxx
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I didn't get up early enough to do what I should have but I did 1 mile this morning. Did the 1st mile of the 5 mile dvd.

cbmare
04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I did the Heart Healthy 2 miles this morning.

Cheree
04-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi All!!!

I'm not lost, just haven't been posting much lately. Great to catch up here and read how wonderful everyone is doing!!! Congrats sweatin' sisters! :)

We finished our Biggest Loser challenge that I was a captain for on another board and I was taking a break (not out of control break, but just taking a slight break). I've been walking away the pounds with my dog and doing some Leslie Sansone video's too. I have some new ones I'm trying out. :)

I've been using this time to revamp my eating plan (including more super foods, which I've always been trying to do for awhile now). I do better with some structure, but allow myself approximately 100 calories a day to play with (snacks that aren't as nutritional as others...i.e. dark chocolate...though I think it's a new food group. :D) I was one happy woman when they came out with the benfits of eating dark chocolate. :carrot: Also, my husband is really to the point where he wants to get more serious about losing weight (he's finding out it's not as easy to lose weight as it was when we were younger), so it's great to have him on board (he's always been supportive and will eat whatever I eat). He's a good egg (different than the one Shy had on her counter...I can't remember if she still has the cracked egg chicken butt or not.)

Oh, and remember I kept asking here if anyone remembered that one website that someone had mentioned as a good place to get workout DVD's? I bumped into it, it's www.deepdiscount.com.

So just wanted to check in and say "hi" to everyone. I'll try to get back in the swing of things here cause you all are awesome and very inspiring. :hug:

loserjulie
04-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi, I'm kinda new here but I have a question for all of you. I did Walk Strong for the first time last night and now my legs are killing me. Would it be best to recover for a day or should I try to do more tonight? I think it would help to keep on chuggin but I don't want to do any damage. Any suggestions? I'm accumulating quite the library of WATP dvd's and I could do something a little less strenuous if need be...

Thanks,
Julie

Michele L
04-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Whenever I hurt from Walk Strong, I always try to a 1 or 2 mile regular walk to loosen those muscles back up. I say GO FOR IT!

Shy Moment
04-14-2008, 06:44 PM
over
There are a few of her videos that are about 30 min
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles 29 Min
Walk Away The Pounds Leslie Sansone 2 Mile High Calorie Burn ( 32 Min )
In Home Walking Weight Loss Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 2 Miles 30 Min )
Walk The Walk Leslie Sansone ( 2 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )
Walk Away The Pounds Express Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Brisk Walk ( 32 Min )
Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

cheree
Glad to hear things are going well. Nice that the hubby wants to get healthy too.

Looser
I would say keep going. Maybe do the kicks a little lower or don't raise the knees as high. Maybe don't stoop down so far to do the side to sides. The body does get use to the activity. Make sure you are taking at least one day a week off. They body needs time to rest :) Maybe do another video with no moves just the walking. Keep that body moving lol.

We had a great time this weekend. Didn't get to go to the zoo because it keeps raining and it was cold because of the wind. Made the hubby walk with me at the mall. Took an hour to do 4 miles because he walks so slowly lol. I had to keep slowing down for him to catch up lol.

Today
Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

Walk Away the Pounds Express With Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge ( 58 Min )

Dusty4800
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi All,
I didnt get to do a dvd today, I was busy running around doing things, we
finally bought a new dvd player, Hubby has been busy trying to get it all
hooked up, ill be heading to the school track in a few minutes to meet the
girls ,ill be doing 3 miles tonight, then tomorrow morning ill be using the
new dvd player, and new dvd fast & firm 4 really big miles LOVE IT
Have a great walking night
Dusty

dixiecool
04-15-2008, 09:00 AM

The weather is getting really beautiful up here (even if we did have a freak snow storm on Sunday afternoon!).

Monday: 1-hour walk outside

findingfawn
04-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Howdy everyone!

Got my new videos yesterday and did about 1 mile of the 2 mile just for fun..lol. This morning I did the 3 mile without the weights. I was afraid I wouldn't make it through if I used them, but I actually don't think it's as intense as the 2 mile for abs, just longer maybe.

I think tomarrow I may try the 4 mile if I feel better, I have a horrible cold and really don't want to do any exercising, but am doing it because I don't give myself the option not to!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Shy Moment
04-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Finding
I hope you feel better. Hard to workout with the nose all stuffed up. I find many of the videos aren't really more intense just longer. Some are more intense some are just different. If they have Jim in them they are just right for me lol.

Dixie
I swear it was cold enough this weekend to snow lol. I was surprised it didn't.

Dusty
Hope you had a nice time walking with the girls.

Today

Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 3 Fast Miles ( 44 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim Leslie Sansone Fast Start 4 Fast Miles ( 51 Min )

Walk The Walk Leslie Sansone ( 1 ) Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 22 Min )

dixiecool
04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone!

Tuesday: 4 Express Miles

Feelin' good, feelin' strong!

Dusty4800
04-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi All,
I had another busy day sometimes it just seems like time just fly's I finally put the dvd in and did 3 of the fast and firm miles I had to stop to go get the kids at the bus stop I am just going to do it much earlier I did do 2 miles at the school track it was very windy and cold
Dusty

findingfawn
04-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks Shy.. sadly I'm still all stuffed up and feeling crappy... how long can this crap last?

I didn't tackle the 4 mile today, I just knew I would never make it, I did the 3 mile again and added the weights. It totally kicked my butt, I definately feel a couch day is needed... so that's where I'm going in just a few minutes.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Michele L
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Good morning! I was so motivated by watching Biggest Loser Last night that I made myself get out of bed this morning and did 2 Fast Miles! It feels so good to have it done for today!

loserjulie
04-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I, too, was motivated by the Biggest Loser. I got up at 6am and did Walk Strong. I haven't got up in the morning and worked out since....ever!!! I usually do it at nite after my kids go to bed. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated for the day. Maybe I'll even do some more tonight. Still waiting for my new ones from Amazon to come. These are taking much longer than the last ones I ordered. Oh, well....soon enough I'll have more to choose from.

cathyxxx
04-16-2008, 11:18 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. Used the old Walk Away the Pounds dvd.

Shy Moment
04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 40 Min )

FrouFrou
04-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi ladies...

Sorry for being MIA! I have been getting my exercise in. Can't remember when I was here last...thinking it was Friday. :dunno: Saturday had company and didn't get any exercise in which was fine since I knew this ahead of time. I take Sunday as a free day usually. So I worked out Sunday...did the 4 & 3 mile WATP's=95 minutes. Monday-Did the 4 mile and mowed both the front and back yard which was over 2 hours so got in a good work out then. Tuesday-1 mile WATP for a warm up, Denise Austin strength, 4 mile WATP and 20 minutes of the bike, jump rope & weights for a total of 115 minutes. Today...3 mile WATP & the 1 mile WATP and I am getting ready to sign off here and do the 4 mile WATP for a total of 110 minutes...trying to work off some frustrations and stress. Anyway...sorry for not doing individuals right now, will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Enygirl
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey everyone - I just stumbled in ;) I've been doing a combination of Leslie videos and outside walking (weather permitting) this month. My goal is to accumulate one mile per day this month. I'm already notciing a difference - last week I had lost 3.25" off my body :yay: TOM showed up today - so I was a slow day.. only 1/2 of Leslie's mile booster video. Hoping to feel better tomorrow and I'll do more outside.

I like doing both Leslie videos and outside.. more variety! :) I get bored pretty easily...

I'll do individuals as I get to know you all a little better ;)

dixiecool
04-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning all walkers.

Wednesday:
30-minute walk to bus station.
60-minute walk with walking buddy.

Wow, 90 minutes! I really feel it this morning.

There's hockey fever in our City today! Downtown is already a-buzz with excitement (I work walking distance to the Bell Center where the game will be played tonight). Go Habs Go! Game 5 of Montreal Canadians vs. Boston Bruins.

It's a little premature, I admit it, but we can almost taste that STANLEY CUP!

Have a nice day everyone.

Dusty4800
04-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Good Morning ,
Yesterday I did 4 fast & firm miles I just LOVE LOVE that dvd then met the
girls at the track we did 2 miles I was just about to stop when my sister
came to join us so we did another mile so I did 7 miles
Dusty

cathyxxx
04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Good morning gang :wave:

I did 2 1/2 miles this morning. I used the 5 mile dvd and did the 2 fast miles, which were only 23 minutes, so I went ahead and did half of the 3rd mile with handweights and then I had 30 minutes under my belt. For me, the most important thing is to walk at least 30 minutes. Wish I had an hour in the morning to do it for a whole hour - but oh well.

Have a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy

overit
04-17-2008, 11:37 AM
hi. i've been really being consistent since getting this dvd. i started doing the 3 mile super fat burn this week. and after 3 days in a row it kicked my butt today. I also walk anywhere from 2 to 5 miles through out the day just in activit, sometimes more.

Sun: 2 mile fat burn
Mon: 2 mile fat burn
Tues: 3 mile super fat burn
Wed: 3 mile super fat burn
Thurs: 3 mile super fat burn

Hopefully I can keep it up !!

cbmare
04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning and did 3 miles with weights.

It's been a while since I've done more than 1 mile. What a great workout. I doubt I'll get any more in for the rest of the week. We are leaving early tomorrow morning for the weekend.

FrouFrou
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Hello ladies...

Looks like everyone is doing great with the walking! :bravo:

Today:
1 mile WATP=15 minutes
Denise Austin Strength=30 minutes
4 Mile WATP=50 minutes
I have 20 minutes of weights, bike & jump rope to get done before the day is over and then I am done!

Happy Exercising Ladies!

Enygirl
04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
walked 1.2 miles today to and from the playground at DD's school - and climbed and ran all over it w/ her for about 45 mins. It was a TON of fun! I still need to catch up/make up so I'm at my mile a day mark - but I'm not trailing too far behind... I CAN DO THIS!!!

Shy Moment
04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Today

dixiecool
04-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Thursday:
60-minute walk with buddy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dusty4800
04-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi All ,
Well no walking for me yesterday needed a rest day its been 10 days
since I had a rest day but I am back at it again today my plan is to do 4
fast & firm miles then walk the track after dinner
On Sat I have a b-day party at the local park they have a walking trail so
after the party ill be walking that plus dvd in the morning
On sun ill do dvd and school track after dinner
I just have to say that this has become part of my life now I am feeling
good and so look foward to doing both the dvds and walking the track
Hope you all have a great weekend and get in some great walking
Dusty

Shy Moment
04-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Dusty
Make sure you have one day a week for rest day, no exercise. Even the professionals recommend at least 1 day a week rest, the body needs it.

Today

overit
04-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Has anyone run into their scale not going down but you can definitely notice a difference in your body? is this just muscle building? i really had no muscle tone before but can definitely see and feel it in my legs and upper abs....really all over!

Cheree
04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm also one who combines Leslie Sansone video's with walking outside. I took a brisk 45 minute walk with my dog this afternoon. The weather was so beautiful. Have a great weekend everyone! :carrot:

FrouFrou
04-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Today...
2 mile WATP-2x=60 minutes
Turbo Jam learn and burn=30 minutes
and I have 20 minutes of weights, bike and rope to do

Have a great day!

Shy Moment
04-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 71 Min )

overit
04-20-2008, 01:17 AM
I took yesterday off and did the 3 mile super fat burn today. So I got in 6 days of WATP last week and am starting again this week. I am supposed to meet with a personal trainer on Tuesday and Thursday this week but plan on doing the WATP MWF. I have realized today that I am sucking in my abs instead of tightening them, so that is something I have to work on.

I was really crabby when we first got up this morning and working out really helped me relieve that stress. I told DH if I am crabby just tell me to exercise. His military smartt butt told me he is just going to tell me to push (lol). I can always just do the 1 mile just to relieve the stress.

Enygirl
04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey girls! I haven't checked in the last few days because I've been bad - I haven't walked at all! (unless you count walking to the refrigerator... bad bad bad)

I'm gearing up to go out right now - I'm waiting for DBF. He's been telling me for over a month that he'll start walking with me - so he PROMISED that he'd go today. :) So I'm waiting about 1/2 hour more then I'm going.

I'll check in after to let you all know how it went and how long I walked. :)

Enygirl
04-20-2008, 05:20 PM
OK - so DBF didn't go AGAIN!!! He keeps telling me he wants to get back down to #190 (about #60 loss) -but he just doesn't have the gumption to get off his butt!! I can't force him - I can only keep inviting him and encouraging him.

DD and I did 1.6 miles though - and it was nice especially after 2 days of not walking. I'm going to do an ab workout now too - I'm feeling very squishy today. :lol:

Shy Moment
04-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Today

Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 71 Min )

Sorry I haven't been around much. Wanted to tell everyone you are doing great.

dixiecool
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Friday:
65 minute very fast walk outside

Saturday:
40 minute walk outside
3-miles Express Fax Miles with stretchie

Sunday:
Rest day. (yesterday was 12 days in a row!)

dixiecool
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Friday:
65 minute very fast walk outside

Saturday:
40 minute walk outside
3-miles Express Fast Miles with stretchie

Sunday:
Rest day. (yesterday was 12 days in a row!)

overit
04-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I need the 3 mile Super Calorie burn today, plus abs. I'm meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow.

findingfawn
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone. As the weather gets nicer I find less and less time to be on the computer.. but wanted to check in.

Saturday hubby got me a treadmill. It's older and second hand, but it works and will do until we can afford the one I picked out Friday ;)

Friday I did the 4 mile express super challenge
Saturday we walked yardsales, then I did a half hour on the treadmill
Sunday I did 45 minutes on the treadmill
Today... my hip is way out of whack.. again :( I did the 2mi WATP, and it was all I could do to get through it.

Everyone is doing great, keep up the good work!

loserjulie
04-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey, overit, how can you tell if you are sucking in your abs or tightening them. I can't really tell a difference, it feels the same to me. Let me know if you have any pointers...

Julie

Dusty4800
04-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi All,
Okay well I took thur and Fri off Sat and Sunday I walked 2 miles at the
school track I had to do alot of running around this morning so ill be doing
the fast & firm 4 big miles in a few minutes then after dinner ill be walking
the track
Dusty

Shy Moment
04-21-2008, 02:33 PM
julie
Sucking in causes you to breath differently. Tightening doesn't cause you to breath differently.

Today

Walk Away The Pounds ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone For The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster ( 20 Min )

You Can Do ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Pilates ( 26 Min )

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

Walk The Walk With Leslie Sansone 2 Mile Christian Inspired Workout ( 35 Min )

cathyxxx
04-21-2008, 08:32 PM

I just did 2 miles at 6 pm. :cb: That's really unusual for me, but I'm feeling desperate. I had a crazy and FULL weekend with about 100 teenagers at our church and ate whatever was around. I really needed to sleep til 6 this morning (well ok I really needed to sleep til noon but 6 sounded better than 5 am) so I didn't get up and exercise. I got home and didn't have to cook supper so I threw on my walking pants and shoes and "got 'er done". ;-)

Also, the best thing that works for me is writing down everything I put in my mouth and counting calories. I've gotten out of the habit of doing that with everything that's been going on (you know it's called LIFE) and so I had made up my mind (bec of feeling desperate) that I would get back to that starting today - and I did!!!!!

So I'm feeling better today - feeling like I'm back on track. :cp:

Oh yea - I did the 2 mile Walk Slim Fast Start dvd. It sure is easier to move that fast later in the day ;)

hope everybody has a great nite
hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx
04-21-2008, 08:35 PM
SHY - you have lost over 50 lbs!!!!! you have lost over 50 lbs!!! oh my gosh!!! you have lost over 50 lbs!!!!! maybe I should come hang out with you, but then again, I doubt I could even keep up with you on the days you do ALL those miles! but dang all those miles are paying off!

AWESOME!!!

:cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer:

cathyxxx
04-22-2008, 11:59 AM

I got up early and did 2 miles. :running: I did the first 2 miles of the Walk Slim 4 Really Big Miles.

hugs,
Cathy

Shy Moment
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
cathy
Thank you :). It seems to be melting off. Put a couple of pounds back on when I had all that sodium but it is gone now. Doing a weigh in tomorrow so I can change my ticker lol. Knocking on wood because it doesn't seem like it should be this easy to lose weight lol. I don't do anything special. Eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups and stay within some general ranges of calories, fats and carbs for myself. The exercise doesn't seem to have effected my weight loss. I was losing about a pound a week before I started to exercise, I am still losing a pound a week lol. The toning that I am seeing is well worth the effort of all the exercise.

cathyxxx
04-22-2008, 03:02 PM
well dang Shy! I really do NEED to come hang out with you if the pounds are just melting off! I don't even know what that is like! but I sure would love for it to rub off on me!

CONGRATS!!!

FrouFrou
04-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Hello all...

Exercise today was:
LS Slim & Thin=30 mns.
LS Shape & Firm=30 mns.
Denise Austins Burn Fat Fast=30 mns.
Weights, Bike & jumpe rope=20 mns.

Feeling good about getting it all done earlier than usual.

Cathy...good for getting back on track.

Rennie...I agree 50 pounds, :bravo:

Fawn, Dixie, and everyone else...keep up the good work!

Have a great day ladies!

Shy Moment
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Cathy
I really think a great deal of it has to do with attitude. When I was finally told the meads were pretty much out of my system and I could TRY, yes she said TRY she wasn't very supportive, to lose weight. I was ready. I was tired of looking like I looked. I was tired of not being able to walk up the stairs without having to pause to breath. I was tired of not being able to find nice clothes to wear. I was tired of feeling ugly and old.

I now weigh what my daughter weighs. She is a couple of inches taller than me and for some reason looks bigger than I do. Guess because we are built differently. I really worry for her. Her weight is eating habits not meads ( she eats balanced meals at home but at age 17 and working I have no control over what she eats when she isn't home ) and I worry if she is about 20 pounds over weight now, is she going to stay there or get larger as she gets older. Just about all of the woman in the family are very large woman. Part of what I am doing is showing her you don't have to do without to lose weight and get in shape. You have to be reasonable about what you put into your body. Thank God, and I do thank him, she has started to decide to watch what she eats. She is eating more and more of what I eat and this is good for her. I told her you can't have the good stuff lol low fat ice cream and low fat frozen yogurt and not eat all the other things too. It doesn't work that way. Now if I could just get her to exercise with me lol. Well, at least exercise, she laughs to much watching me exercise.

Ok, ok, so they are never going to put me in an exercise video. What do you mean not melting off you, you have lost 21 pounds so far. Sounds to me like the weight is melting off you too.

Maybe I am doing well because I have no preconceived notions of losing weight. I have never had to lose weight before this so I don't expect anything. Anytime I lose a pound I am happy.

Enygirl
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Just finished a mile walk outside.. going to do my 3 mile video later tonight. I'M BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS! :)

Shy Moment
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
eny
Makes you feel great to get back on track.

Today

dixiecool
04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Good morning all walkers.

Monday:
30-minute brisk walk to bus station.
60-minute walk at night with walking buddy.

Tuesday:
Leslie Sansone 3-mile Walk Away Your Waistline with belt
Leslie Sansone - last mile of the 3-Mile Express Walk

I have a question for all of you experts that's been on my mind for a while now.

You read everywhere that if you change nothing else in your lifestyle but just walk 30 minutes 3 or more times a week, you will slowly start losing weight (i.e. about 1-2 lbs. a month). I've been exercising - mainly outdoor walking and WATP, 1 hour per day, 5 or 6 days a week since the end of December.

I am no longer counting points (WW) or calories, but I do eat healthy and balanced meals and snacks (some healthy, some not so much but always within reason) but on the whole I've never in my life felt so good about my nutrition. So my question is, how come I can't even lose 1 lbs. a month? In fact my weight is again steadily going up. I've put on 5 lbs. in 5 months. I'd love for it to go the other way lol.

Just to clarify, I don't keep an actual calorie journal anymore, but a few days a week, I'll do a spot check of what I'm eating, write it ALL down, tally it up and then throw the paper away. My average weekly range is healthy - not too low, not too high.

I feel strong and healthy, my body size and shape have changed a little - I can feel it in my clothes - I've finally made peace with the fact that I will not lose 10 lbs. a week!!! - and I know each of these accomplishments should be a victory in itself!!!, but I also know that I'm a good 25 lbs. over my mid-healthy weight range and I'd love to see the scale go down, no matter how slowly it happens.

If "they" say: all you need is exercise and it's not working, now what?

I'm 5'5", 46 years old, 164 lbs.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

cathyxxx
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey Shy - just for the record, I thought I would explain, that I didn't start losing weight until July 2004 when I finally found a doc to treat my low thyroid problem and I started on Armour Thyroid. So it's taken me 4 years to get 21 lbs off. I really wish the pounds melted off of me (oh how I wish) but at this point all I can do is be happy that I'm not gaining and that I see a pound finally let loose every few months. Before the Armour I was gaining weight like crazy and I was trying to do exactly what I try to do now - walking and calorie counting.

Dixie - everything that I've read and heard says to exercise 3 times a week, 30 minutes each to maintain your health - not to lose weight. Most now just say to exercise 30 minutes every day, and I still take that as more for your health rather than weight loss. I guess if someone did not exercise and started walking 30 minutes every day 5 times a week - they would see some weight loss - but to me 3 times a week is just not enough for weight loss. I realize you are exercising more than that. At 5'5" and 164 lbs it doesn't sound like you have much weight to lose. I don't think most people are made to be a stick. A 25 lb loss may be too much for your body. But I am postive that walking an hour 5 or 6 days a week that you have replaced muscle for fat - as you said - you can tell the difference in your clothes and you feel strong and healthy.

As you can tell from my message back to Shy - weightloss is really really really slow for me - so I've had to get to the place where I am somewhat satisfied and content just knowing that I'm eating healthy and exercising and feeling good - and remember to do all the right things for those reasons - rather than just for the weightloss. Believe me, it's hard bec I want so badly to lose weight.....ok I'm rambling, and I'm not really answering your question at all....just wanted to say that I think it's AWESOME that you're walking for an hour a day 5 or 6 days a week.

I got up early and did 2 miles this morning. :running:

I've also noticed that since I started journaling again this week that I've been eating way too many calories. But that is in the past - it's nice to feel like I'm back on track.

hugs,
Cathy

dixiecool
04-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Cathy: thanks so much for your input. Like I said earlier, I'm finally at peace with losing slowly, I just figured that 4 months of a good daily cardio workout would help a little ;(

Actually anything over 150 lbs. puts my BMI at "overweight", so I'd be really happy to be back at 140 lbs. - just so that ALL the clothes in my closet would fit!!! It cost me a fortune when I lost weight and I just don't feel like buying a whole new work/home/weekend/events wardrobe. *sigh*

I'm not giving up! I feel great and I know I'm doing my body good. And you're right, being healthy is what it's all about.

cathyxxx
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Dixie - you said "it cost me a fortune when I lost weight" ....I was wondering - how did you lose weight before?

I would think that 4 months of a good daily cardio would help a person lose weight too. ;) I just find it's really slow for most people - especially as we get older (gosh I hate those words "as we get older")

I'm sure somebody will have much better input then I do on what it takes to lose weight.....as you can tell I'm not very good at it ;)

FrouFrou
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Todays workout...

LS Slim & thin=30 mns
LS Shape & Firm=30 mns
LS Sculpt & Burn=40 mns
Treadmill=20 mns

And I am happy to say I am done! :yay:

dixiecool
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Cathy: Your input is very good! I figure a slow metabolism and menopause not too far off might be part of the problem.

I lost 40 lbs. on Weight Watchers At Work Program. It took me 16 months. It's not the WW that was expensive - our office actually paid for registration fees and at the end of each session, reimbursed us 25% of our costs. The expensive part was the clothes! I went from a tight size 16 to a loose size 8 and some size 6. As soon as I went down a size, I'd buy new skirts, pants and tops for work, then as I stayed at size 8 for a steady period of time, I added leisure wear and fancier stuff. I gave everything away as soon as it was too big because I was convinced "this was the one" time when I wouldn't gain it back! Time proved me wrong, unfortunately. I maintained for almost a year and since the Fall of 2007, I've gone from 135 to 165. That's 30 lbs. I'd be thrilled to see 140 (i.e. size 8). My closet is bursting with clothes for all 4 seasons. I don't wanna have to re-stock.

I'm hanging in and continuing my training with Leslie. 5 Advanced Miles tonight when I get home from work! Woo-hoo!

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Frou
Thank you, doesn't seem that long ago I weighed 198 and was just starting to do what was healthy for me.

Dixie
I am 46, 4 foot 11 inches. I have a bad thyroid but not bad enough to get meads. Doc said this was to bad because she thought I could use the meads. I have a slow metabolism. I have been in pre menopause since I was about 29. Ya fun. I do anywhere between 6 and 10 miles of walking/aerobic videos Monday to Friday each day and about 40 min of some kind of resistance training three days a week. I think I am going back down to 6 miles a day because the extra miles are really beating up my knees. I see no difference at all with the weight loss rate from before I started to exercise and now. I have been doing this for months. I now know, for me, exercise is something I do because it is good for the body. The toning that is going on is fantastic BUT it is not for weight loss. I do stay within some general ranges for myself calories 1200 to 1400, fat 30 to 35 grams and carbs 180 to 210. I love fit day because it is so very easy to use. I make sure I use the amounts off of packages because fit day, I have found, is very inaccurate. You might be surprised if you kept track of what you are eating. You may well find you are taking in more calories, fat and carbs than you think you are. I do know, for myself, if I don't keep track I take in more than I think I am. I do not mix what I eat and how much I exercise. They are totally different. I don't eat more because I have exercised more. I do not eat less because I have exercised less.

I think sometimes we just have to tweak what we are doing. Maybe pay a little more attention to what we are eating. Using something, rather it be paper and pencil or fit day, is a great way to do this. Things add up and we don't even noticed that sometimes unless we can see it in black and white. Exercise, I believe the recommend amount is 30 min of walking or 2 miles brisk walking a day 3 days a week, just to maintain weight and health. Most of us, I know this includes me, need more than this. Probably at least double this.

Cathy
I think sometimes if we know we are eating in a healthy range and we know we are doing enough exercise for our body's. We have to be happy with how things are going. Weight loss isn't fast for everyone. For some people they drop tons of weight all the time, for some it is a pound a week, for others it is much slower than that. There really is only so much a person can do.

We eat right, we exercise. The side effect is we lose weight. What a great side effect.

bluemommy
04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I need to post here. WATP is my favorite video. So far I do 1-2 miles per day.

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
blue
Welcome, most of us are Leslie Sanone junkies lol.

Enygirl
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm a Leslie freak too - but I'm LOVING the Sunshine! :sunny: Just got back from a 1.2 mile walk to the store :) I love this!

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Today

Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start 1 & 2 Mile Walk ( 35 Min )

cathyxxx
04-23-2008, 11:50 PM
ok i've got some questions girls....

Shy - what does that mean that you have a bad thyroid but not bad enough for thyroid meds?

Dixie - when I was reading your post I wondered if you might have a thyroid problem? or do you think the weight gain since Fall 2007 is just a change in your habits from what you were doing while on WW? 30 lbs does sound like a significant weight gain - if you don't feel that you are doing much differently then i would definitely look into having your thyroid checked.

if you decide you want to have your thyroid checked (or like in my case - have the correct thyroid tests done) check out the info at www.stopthethyroidmadness.com there are more accurate thyroid tests that can and should be done to know for sure.

Shy - thanks for the encouragement and understanding about dealing with very little weightloss.

hugs & nitey nite gang! :wave:

Shy Moment
04-24-2008, 12:48 AM
Cathy
I don't really understand it except that the doc told me my thyroid doesn't work as it should but the insurance company said the tests had to have certain numbers for me to take meads and the numbers on my test weren't quite high enough or lowe enough which ever it was, this was ages ago. If that makes any sense. She told me it wouldn't be impossible for me to lose weight just that I might not lose it as fast as if my thyroid was working properly. Heck I didn't know there were numbers I thought it was just a blood workup lol. I have watched some woman work their hardest to lose weight. They are doing everything right. Yet, it has taken them months to lose a few pounds. I don't know if it is their system, if there is something wrong with their body's that they don't know about or what the problem is. I really do feel bad for people that have to work 3x's as hard as everyone else to lose the same amount of weight. That would become very discouraging after awhile. I really want to encourage people, I want everyone to know we understand how hard it can be to not be happy with the results we get sometimes. I have decided to back down my exercise. I was doing 6 miles of walking/aerobics every week day along with about 40 min of some kind of resistance training 3 times a week. I kicked that walking up to 8 to 10 miles a day. The only results I saw from the extra miles was knees that hurt lol. I think I am better off not to beat up my body and do the lesser amount of miles a day lol.

dixiecool
04-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Good morning everyone.

Wednesday:
Leslie Sansone 5-Mile Advanced Walk - 71 minutes

Cathy and Shy: thanks so much for both your inputs. Gaining 30 lbs. in 16 months came on about a 1/2 pound per week - 2 lbs. per month. It was really slow and steady and this is what I was thinking I would be losing: 2 lbs. per month. I spent 4 months counting points, 4 more counting calories, then 4 more following WW Core program but not exercising through any of these. At Christmas I was completely fed up of all these "diets". All 3 programs taught me the importance of balancing my meals and making healthy choices, which I do. I added exercise during my Xmas holidays. By the time I got back to work in January, I noticed that I hadn't gained any weight over the 2-week period that I was home and felt very encouraged (I mean after all, it was the Holidays! - and I'm Italian, nuff said lol), but regardless of my 5 to 6 workouts per week, the scale is still going up.

As for my thyroid, I have not had it checked recently. I'm taking a sabbatical this summer (all of July and August) and I think a few doctors' visits are in order. My family doctor and I both moved at the same time and now we're so far apart that seeing her is no longer an option. I'm not sure how the medical systems is in the States, but in Quebec, finding a family doctor is near to impossible. Doctors are no longer taking new patients. You basically just walking into a clinic and hope there's a doctor on call who will see you. Ahhh, free medicare! All this to say, yes, I will be checking it. I had a full blood count 3 years ago and everything was normal and I was much heavier at the time.

I will admit to one addiction that I think may be hindering my weightloss: artificial sweeteners! I KNOW! I KNOW! I'm reading more and more about it and they all say that it causes weight gain. I use Sugar Twin (yellow envelopes) in my coffee. I drink no more than 3 cans of diet sodas per week and one snack-size fat-free/sugar-free yogurt per day, plus what I put in my coffee. Those are pretty much the only places I use the stuff. Can it really be enough to cause so much damage??? That's where I'm not too sure. I've tried Stevia in envelope format, powdered and drops and did not care for it at all.

In the meantime, all I can do is keep on doing what I'm doing, appreciate my increasingly better health and have faith that the scale will one day become my friend again LOL

cathyxxx
04-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Dixie - I may have misunderstood - I thought you had put on 30 lbs since the Fall 2007. Is it 16 months? or 6 months? 30 lbs over 16 months is understandable. 30 in 6 months sounded.....substantial.

I've heard lots about the healthcare in Canada. unfortunately, not much good, mostly stuff like what you mentioned. I am afraid our healthcare in the states is headed in the same direction. Lord help us if it does. I don't think most people realize what we will get if and when we get "free or government regulated healthcare". yikes!

But I understand a little of what you are dealing with there. Not much reason for me to give you the list of thyroid tests that SHOULD be done, bec it sounds like they will only do what they do, and not what you request. sorry bout that.

Shy - a couple of things.... there are a lot of people with thyroid problems that the regular thyroid tests just don't catch. Me included. There are more accurate tests that can be done. But there are also some people that just don't show up in the thyroid tests, no matter which ones they run. Thyroid tests are just a gauge - and some people don't fit into the gauge. Really symptoms are more important than test results.

Here is a list of possible hypo symptoms:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/long-and-pathetic/?PHPSESSID=48563209c83599acb8c0afcc2056ebc3

Does anything on this list jump out at you?

Another thing about insurance....a large dosage of Armour Thyroid costs less than $25 per month. It is very inexpensive if you need it. I wouldn't even mess with insurance - but then I don't have insurance for regular stuff like this - only a major hospitalization policy that I hope we never use ;-)

I slept in til 5 this morning. Got to bed really late last night so knew I'd be too tired to get up and walk. Now I'm draggin from missing my 2 miles. oh well

hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

dixiecool
04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Well, the good news is, I don't have any of those symptoms besides it taking FOREVER to drop a pound. Thank God!

DH won tickets at work to the hockey game tonight: Montreal Canadians vs. Philadelphia Flyers. This is Round 2 of the finals for the Stanley Cup. Guess who he's taking??? ME! Woo-hoo!

So that means no time to work out tonight. Drats! I'll make up for it, for sure!

Have a good evening everyone.

cathyxxx
04-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Dixie - it's great to hear that you aren't dealing with any of those symptoms! awesome!!!!

Shy Moment
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Cathy
The doc looked at my hair and my skin. I swear I am always flaking my skin is so dry. She pushed it around a bit lol and said she was sure it was a thyroid problem

Shy Moment
04-24-2008, 11:28 PM
No exercise today. I switched today with sunday since my knees are killing me today.

loserjulie
04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I did Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles for the first time and really enjoyed. Time just flew by. Got up early and did Walk Strong this morning. I'm going to tackle my new 5 Advanced miles over the weekend.

Shy Moment
04-25-2008, 08:52 PM
I finally broke down and went to the doc today. My knees have really been bothering me. She told me I need to take a few days off the walking. 8 to 10 miles a day of walking/aerobic videos is just to much. She said if I were just walking that might be ok but not with the aerobics too. Well I do know they are really bothering me so think I am going to take her advice. I am going to go back down to 6 miles a day in a few days and see how that goes. It is what I have been doing the past few days and they are sure better than they were last week. Think I am going to replace the walking with some kind of resistance training and general calisthenics until I can do the walking videos again.

You Can Do ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Pilate's ( Total 26 Min )

Dumbbell workout 40 Min

Walk At Home Walk Slim ( Toning ) With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming ( 26 Min )

Dusty4800
04-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi all,
Well I have two birthday party's today one this afternoon then one tonight
ive already have my food planned out for the day to fit in the two slices of
cake Breakfast will be fat free yogurt w/fruit Lunch will be salad with chicken
and Dinner will be grilled burger with lots of raw veggies my walking today will be 4 fast & firm miles before party's then walk 2 miles at the park where the party will be this afternoon
My walking this week
Sun 2 miles
Mon DAY OFF
Tue 4 fast & firm miles
Wed 4 fast & firm miles
Thur 4 fast & firm miles plus 2 miles at the track
fri 2 miles at the school track
Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy walking
Dusty

2muchbackend
04-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey all I haven't posted in this section before but I've been trying to do the WATP's 1 mile walk that I got a while back it is an older one but I love it and it's actually something I'm able to do. I was wondering if anyone has joined the Walk club she has and if you liked it/thought it was worth it? I've very overweight so right now I haven't been able to do the 1 mile all the way because I have to take it slow with my joints.
And I'm sure it has been asked about the club before I couldn't find it in other posts sorry.

cathyxxx
04-26-2008, 09:31 PM

i cleaned for over 6 hours today so that was my exercise for the day

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Michele L
04-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, yesterday was spent running errands and setting up for a party my DD was hosting (15 teenagers as guests/5 girls spent the night!). I had a nice number on my pedometer, but no formal fitness.

Between the pizza we had for supper and the donuts we had for breakfast, I was feeling rather guilty. I also felt REALLY stressed out from several last-minutes changes in plans. So, I chose a healthy solution and popped in Walk Slim: 3 Fast Miles! I hadn't done a formal workout since the 16th, so it was WONDERFUL to do this for myself!

This afternoon we have dance pictures, which are notoriously off schedule. I'll probably walk around the building to pump up my steps while DD is posing!

Have a great Sunday!

Daimere
04-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I did 4 really big miles fast and firm. I actually did it. I was about to stop after the 1st mile.

Dusty4800
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi all,
Well Hubby and I went to the flea market this morning, walked around there for a good 45 min or so, after that I went to Busch Gardens with my two sister's and there children, we had a fun day, it was my oldest sister's b-day, I dont know for sure how many miles I did, but I would guess at least 3 miles
Hope you all had a great weekend Happy walking
Dusty

Shy Moment
04-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Did 5 miles at the park yesterday so that was my 5k. Today we walked at the park for 4 hours. Was surprised we walked that long.

dixiecool
04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone,

Glad to see everybody's keep up the good work!

Thursday:
3 Miles Walk away your waistline with belt

Friday:
off

Saturday:
3 miles Walk away your waistline with belt
4 Express Miles

Sunday:
6 hours of housework, ironing, cooking, etc. I consider that a workout day!!!

Have a great week.

Shy Moment
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Walk And Kick 2 Mile ( 32 Min )

Daimere
04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Today I did my first 4 fast miles! Usually I've just done the 2 fast miles. It didn't kill me either! ^________^

dixiecool
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone,

Monday:
3 Express Miles
3 Express Miles
1st mile of 3 Express Miles
TOTAL: 7 miles

I found an interesting web-article by Ron Brown, fitness expert:

The amount of calories you burn per mile is equal to double your weight in pounds divided by 3.5. For example, if you weigh 175 pounds, you burn 2 x 175 = 350 / 3.5 = 100 calories per mile. Since there are 3500 calories in 1 lb. of body fat, a 175-pound person needs to walk 35 miles. A 125-pound person burns about 71 calories per mile, and would need to walk 49 miles.

Have a good day!

Dusty4800
04-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi all,
Monday I did 3 advanced miles
Have a great walking day
Dusty

Michele L
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
dixiecool: Can you post (or send me) a link to that article by Ron Brown?

loserjulie
04-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Good Morning, I started my day with Walk Strong, moved up to 5 lb weights and it makes a big difference from the 3 lb weights I was using. I can feel it, but I think that is a good thing!! My son woke up early and was watching me, and stated that he can really tell I'm losing weight, he said I was really fat before! I wasn't sure if I should be mad or happy! When my daughter woke up she asked how many miles I walked last night. (She knows I walk after they go to bed, depending on what is on TV). It's so cute that they are showing an interest! Hope to do 4 Fast Miles tonight! I think I'm addicted to WATP, my day is not complete without at least one workout.

dixiecool
04-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Michele: I was just doing random internet searches for calories burned while walking and this came up. The formula is on the first page. It's basically a sales pitch for his free e-Book, which is not free, by the way. I don't agree with this philosophy at all - walking 7 hours a day????!!!! but the formula was interesting to me and I thought I'd share it here. If the link doesn't work, you can probably just google his name.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/PoundADay.htm

mountain mama
04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I just bought my first WATP dvd and i got the 1, 2 and 3 mile set with the weight balls. I did the 3 mile and it was good.. but i think I could do use more of a challenge. Any suggestion as to some more intense, longer workouts in this program? Thanks!!

Shy Moment
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Today

Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone Heart Healthy Walking 2 Miles ( 29 Min )

In Home Walking For Weight Loss With Leslie Sansone The Walk Diet 2 Miles ( 30 Min )

CrazedLedZepFan
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi everybody.

I did the 2 mile for the first time today. OMG. I was not expecting it to be that difficult. For the most part it was because of my poor coordination though LOL. Now I sit here and read that a lot of people do 4 and 5 miles and feel completely out of shape.

dixiecool
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Tuesday:
3 Walk Away Your Waistline with the Walk Belt
3 Walk Away Your Waistline with the Walk Belt
Mile 1 of 3 Walk Away Your Waistline with the Walk Belt

ZepFan: Relax! It'll get easier and easier. I started in December doing 1 and 2 miles. I'm doing much more now and feeling stronger every day. I know 7 miles seems like a lot but I'm on a mission right now - 59 days to Jamaica ... Yikes!

For anyone looking for an absolutely beautiful alternative/addition to a bathing suit, I bought a swimdress from "It Figures" on eBay. I received it yesterday and let me tell you, it's the most figure-flattering piece of swimwear I've ever tried on! It hides everything and it comes in pretty much every size you can think of! I'm not sure I'd swim with it because the skirt would float up around me, but for walking around, or even when we have company over for a swim party in the summer, it is one hot little number! It retails for about $90 but I got it for $20 on eBay. I also read that they sell it at Sears so it might be worth trying on before ordering. OK, I know, I know, I'm going on and on, but I'm just so excited about it, I just had to share LOL.

Shy Moment
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
dixie
I love the swim bottoms with little skirts on them. I always have even when I was small. When I swim I tuck the bottom of the skirt in the pantie part so it doesn't float around lol.

crazy
When I started to exercise again I had to pause a 1 mile video. Now I can do 5 mile videos. It just takes time to work up to them. Go at your own pace, it does get easier.

faux
I was doing up to 5 mile videos but they were just beating my knees up so much I am now doing several two mile videos a day. You can make the workouts harder by adding more weights, you can also make them more intense by squatting down further when you do the side to sides and kick backs. Leslie has a nice 5 mile one that I do. It is 5 one mile videos put together. Walk At Home With Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Advanced Walk ( 71 Min ) is the name.

Daimere
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I did 2 miles of the 4 mile super challenge. Before that I did deante dance, that and because my sore muscles, I stopped short.

Daimere
04-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I just bought my first WATP dvd and i got the 1, 2 and 3 mile set with the weight balls. I did the 3 mile and it was good.. but i think I could do use more of a challenge. Any suggestion as to some more intense, longer workouts in this program? Thanks!!

You could get the Walk slim system which adds running and there is a 4 mile super challenge walk. If not, just repeat them in a row to get as many miles as you want!

Daimere
04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
dixie
crazy
When I started to exercise again I had to pause a 1 mile video. Now I can do 5 mile videos. It just takes time to work up to them. Go at your own pace, it does get easier.

I remember that! I'm so proud of how you progressed. *hug*

dixiecool
05-01-2008, 09:17 AM
'morning walkers:

Wednesday: I received my Walk Slim Series
1&2 Fast Start Miles
1&2 Fast Start Miles
3 Fast Miles

I'm a little disappointed in the 3-mile walk. The moves are lots of fun but near the end she's a little too hyper and not in control of her steps (shouldn't they do a tape-over when things get so out of whack???), we can't hear Mary Kay when she takes over the class and the cool down music is way too fast - she says so and it's hard to go really slowly when the music is pumping so quickly.

I loved the 1&2 Fast Start Miles. I'm trying the Fast & Firm with the stretchie tonight.

Daimere
05-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I agree with the 3 mile. That is why I NEVER use it. I hated it. Give me 3 mile weight loss walk any other day!

mountain mama
05-01-2008, 11:29 AM
You could get the Walk slim system which adds running and there is a 4 mile super challenge walk. If not, just repeat them in a row to get as many miles as you want!

Thanks so much for the info! I will find those :) In the mean time, I think I might 3 mile it twice. You're a doll!

Shy Moment
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I like her videos BECAUSE you can tell they aren't tape overs. They are real. Steps are messed up. Sometimes she says to do one thing and does another. There are a couple of them that the cool down music is a bit fast and in one she doesn't seem to realize it is time for cool down until it is already there.

Michele L
05-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Good morning! I woke up early this morning and did the Morning Mile with 3 pound weights! I didn't do the ab part, though I know I should have. Planning on a longer walk tomorrow, since it's supposed to rain.

Have a great weekend!

mountain mama
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I've been doing WATP for a week now and it's REALLy making a difference! And it doesn't drain me out like some of my other workouts have... AND i'm losing MORE weight, faster!!! yay!

I can't wait to get some more of her dvds :)

Shy Moment
05-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Are we going to get a new thread for May?