100 lb. Club - APRIL NSV's

View Full Version : APRIL NSV's

Sandi
04-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.

Trazey34
04-01-2008, 09:22 AM
My favourite by-product of even losing 30 lbs, was that shoes fit so much better now!! I used to have these swollen Fred Flintstone blocks at the end of my legs, and now i have feet! honest to goodness feet! and instead of getting a 10 double wide, a 9 regular fits fine! whooot!

Soooooo naturally I went to Payless on the weekend and loaded up on summer sandals (wedges! seriously!) and had an absolute blast!

fiberlover
04-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Here is a funny NSV. DH and I were out walking today. A car drove by and a guy leaned out the window and yelled "You guys are too old to be walking". Keep in mind that we are both 39 LOL! I about died laughing.

I thought this was an NSV because I was fully expecting to hear "you are too *fat* to be walking" :D

ThatsSpify
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
WOW so there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I have horribly wide feet and chunky fingers so i can never wear cute rings and shoes, this changes with weight loss?:carrot:

starofsorrow
04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
I LOVE complaining about how I'm gonna have to get new pants/shorts soon. I put on a pair of shorts from last summer that were a bit snug around my waist, and they're actually LOOSE! Good lord!

Purplefirefly
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
I made it through yesterday without caving to the sugar demon...even with 3 chocolate almond bars in the freezer. I don't like the frozen, so hurried and threw them in there, but I thought about them all evening. I made it though :dance: and now today they are not even a temptation. I am so over them!

dgramie
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I can wear a ring that was to tight.

irishkatt
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
the skirt of one of my work suits is so loose, I can get in and out of it without undoing it.

KrisR
04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I did my monthly measuring yesterday and am down 2 inches on my hips! I had to measure 3 times just to make sure. Also down an inch on each thigh and on my waist.

Also, did my first clothing shopping in forever yesterday and bought a pair of size 18 jeans. It's been well over 10 years since I've even attempted to put on a size that small.....I am truly amazed and grateful.

SCraver
04-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Everytime I have been to the bathroom today - I have been able to pull down my pants without unzipping them!

And Last night - I did a new workout DVD - Billy Blanks Basic Bootcamp.
Today I am a bit sore and it feels so good!!

gr8smyl99
04-03-2008, 07:33 AM
My NSV is that I haven't thrown in the towel! I'm not totally off the wagon - though I feel myself teetering on the edge. Extra PMS hormones are NOT helping!! Extra stress is NOT helping! But I'm sticking with it - and in the end I will come out of this stronger :)

Lyn2007
04-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Beth you can do it! Hang in there! PMS sucks but you'll feel so much better if you're true to yourself.

I have 2 NSV's.

Yesterday I tried on the swimming "outfit" that I was forced to wear 2 summers ago and last summer because I could not find a decent size 28 swimsuit. It was a pair of khaki shorts and a lined, cupped tank top. UGLY. Well it is huge on me. So big it is laughably funny. YES!

And this morning I got out a new shirt I just bought online from Old Navy. I got it a size too small to work into. And when I got it, it looked even smaller. I thought, heck I wont fit in this till fall. I tried it on and it FITS. I am wearing it right now. I feel positively skinny in it, as funny as that sounds. I can't believe it fits. I think it is an 18.

oreokitty
04-05-2008, 11:11 AM
1. My rings are loose.

2. I ordered a couple of shirts a size smaller figuring I would get into them soon, but they fit now.

:goodvibes
Amy

Gela
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Yesterday I received a compliment from a coworker I hadn't seen in a long time. It's cool that people are noticing my loss!

starofsorrow
04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I went in for a bra fitting. I'm now a band smaller! I used to be 44C, I"m now a 42C!!!

jewelrymaker81
04-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I had a skirt that I bought a while back and I had to have it fixed (it had snaps and was just snug enough that the snaps wouldn't stay snapped). Someone removed the snaps and put buttons on for me. I just got the skirt back and I can get it on and off w/out unbuttoning it! And, a friend at work told me she can tell that I've lost weight. I think she's nuts seeing as I've only lost 10 lbs, but hey I'll take it!

gr8smyl99
04-07-2008, 06:54 AM
I didn't give in to stress eating this weekend - and that's huge for me!! And in 8 more days I will be able to say that I made it through the entire tax season without a crazy food binge. WOW!!!!

FB
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I bought a pair of pants last night in a smaller size to use as diet and workout motivation.... and they fit!

LisaF
04-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I bought regular pantyhose! They're the largest size on the chart, but I'm actually on the chart! I've always needed a whole different chart, the one on the plus size packages. I had no idea that you could buy pantyhose for $1, either. They certainly don't go for that at the Avenue.

Lisa

jay41
04-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I pulled out a shirt that didn't fit last year...I washed it and it kind of shrank in length and didn't go past my waist when I pulled it down.

Put it on today and it FITS AND LOOKS GOOD :carrot::carrot:

Shy Moment
04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Everyone is doing so great. It is nice to see everyone realizing there is more to getting healthy than the scale shows us. Nice going everyone.

Phoenix301
04-10-2008, 01:11 AM
I have had some GREAT April NSVs so far!

I stepped on the scale the other day and it showed I was 5 pounds lighter! It may of only been water loss or something, but it gave me a boost. Okay so thats not a NSV in its entirety but still..

My mom is becoming more aware that I want to lose weight and has been doing a few things to try and help such as getting me diet pop and encouraging me to pack a lunch etc. She also has encouraged me to get out DDR and maybe find a exercise video or something. She said I looked like i might be losing, but i have a feeling that might of just been for encouragement :p She has also been trying to motivate me to do stuff and whatnot... I wuv my mom...

Aside from that, one of my Digital Media instructors has recommended me to a couple small businesses to build and update their websites and get paid! This would be my first web design job and my first real opportunity to work with other people outside of my friends and doing this type of thing as a hobby. Im not officially into either of the 2 jobs but im excited none the less!

thats all for now

gr8smyl99
04-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Lisa that is FABULOUS!!!!! Now think what else you can treat yourself to with the extra $ you're saving :)

I'm glad to see some postings here..... this thread has been too quiet - and it was always one of my biggest motivators!!

OOops - I almost forgot mine..... I said NO to chocolate last night. I probably could have fit it in with the calories - but I know I would have been eating it for the wrong reasons.

Hope20
04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Well I got to go to soup plantation for dinner last night and they have a yummy salad and soup buffet, plus these greasy yummy pizza slivers and my all time temptation garlic bread the oily kind!

Well I got my salad and went for the diet lemonade (no dr pepper, I was so proud of myself) and sat down, took one glance at the yummy garlic bread and walked right passed it. they diet lemonade ended up being water and I did not go back and switch it with anything so I was really stoked at my will power!!

Yeah me!!!

JasonsLea
04-11-2008, 03:07 AM
I got the apartment I wanted.

barbygirl43
04-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Today I am wearing a Size 18W Lee Ryder jeans my mom bought me almost 4 years ago for my birthday. I couldn't quite squeeze my butt into them then (that was when I lost a lot of weight) and had them on the shelf. I still had the tags on them and took them off this morning. No struggling to squeeze into them and they buttoned right up :D

kellsua
04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I chose a salad at Wendy's yesterday for lunch instead of a burger/or chicken sandwich w/fries...hubby had the chicken sandwich and I nibbled on a couple of his fries.
I haven't been loosing much weight but I did 45 minutes on the treadmill this morning and burned 200 calories.
Have a great weekend.
Kelly~

Shy Moment
04-11-2008, 10:42 PM
kell
Nice going on the exercise and the choices at lunch. Each day is just one step at a time to a more healthy thinner person. You will get where you want to be it just takes time.

barby
That is terrific. I bet you felt so great about yourself as you closed that button.

Lea
Oh that is wonderful. It is so nice when things workout the way we want them too.

Hope
Oh I love soup and salad bars. Sure don't want their yucky pizza we can make better stuff than that at home. You should be very proud of yourself for making good choices.

gr8
That is a big challenge isn't it. Just because we can fit it in, doesn't mean we need to have it. We should enjoy each and every bite we put into our body's and if we aren't going to enjoy that yummy why have it. Give yourself a big pat on the back for a good choice.

Phoenix
Wow sounds like a lot of great things going on for you. Good luck on the job and hope many more come your way. It is so nice to have someone like your Mom start to encourage you in the ways you need. Exercise videos are great. I do them a few times a day. Depends on what kinds you want, you can find used ones real cheap on amazon.com. I happen to love Leslie Sansone.

Lyn2007
04-11-2008, 10:56 PM
I went to buy some size 22 capris today since the 24's are swimming on me... and I ended up buying 20's! And they fit just right and are NOT stretch pants!

Shy Moment
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Lyn
That is great. You know you have a great smile. I can see it clear over here :)

Lyn2007
04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
LOL! Thanks shy! You know, you're about at my ultimate goal weight of 145. That's what I weighed before I had kids. I bet it feels fabulous!!

FB
04-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Shy- I just wanted to tell you that I think you're a wonderful asset to this board. You are always so wonderfully encouraging, sweet and thoughtful. It's so very nice that you always take the time to respond to everyone. In short, you rock my socks!

Shy Moment
04-14-2008, 07:20 PM
lyn
It really doesn't feel that different to me. HA who am I kidding. I can breath lol. I can bend over and tie my shoes. I am not wearing holes in the legs of my pants lol. It feels TERRIFIC :) It just takes time, you will get there. Turtles are for winning races. Rabbits are for eating hehehe. I still have a ways to go but I will get there. Last May if anyone had told me this would be so easy I would have thought they were crazy.

fatbaby
My gosh what is your name I hate to call anyone fat lol. You all make me smile when I read what has been going on in your lives. You make me realize all the things that are happening to me that I just don't notice. I think each and everyone of you help me along my way.

Gela
04-15-2008, 11:56 AM
This morning for the first time I walked 4 miles without stopping :carrot: Actually I walked more than that but I stopped counting my laps after 4 miles :)

xGurlyGrlx
04-15-2008, 01:50 PM
I have this pair of jeans I bought at Lane Bryant that were the same size I was wearing before I changed my lifestyle. I didn't try them on and when I brought them home...they didn't fit! Well, my normal jeans have been WAY TOO BIG and I have been wearing the ones that were too small. I didn't think that was anything special though...until yesterday. I washed them - and put it in the dryer and they STILL are a little loose!! It's weird that I wasn't that excited when I found out they fit....it only counted when I could wear them after a washing! :^:

Shy Moment
04-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Gela
That is fantastic. Walking is so good for us. Give oxygen to the brain and lots of other body parts. I love to walk.

Gurly
We all know a little man lives in the dryer that makes our pants smaller lol. Nice going on them fitting a little loose right out of the dryer. I totally understand.

karmuz
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Why aren't there more NSV posts this month? I know we're all having them!

I haven't posted yet this month.. so here are mine....

A woman I work with (who is very tall, and imo has a LOVELY hourglass figure)
told me that she thought I was "so cute and petite and have such a nice figure"
ME. PETITE. petite, to me, is for little people.. like size SMALL. a nice figure!
I said thank you and was walking on cloud nine all day.

sometimes I forget that, with my very muscular frame and "heavy" bones, that the number on the scale does not equate normally to my size.. and i see the number on the scale and i get a little sad...
but that reminded me that i AM small now, and felt great. it really motivated me to keep going because i have been getting a little frustrated lately.

carol2208
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I love reading your NSVs !:)

I have one... yesterday I went to play volleyball and invited a friend I hadn´t seen in about 6 months... I was already playing when she got there, and I noticed she was just standing there and not coming to talk to me, and she was looking right in my direction. So I stop playing and go over to talk to her, as I´m jogging towards her, she just stares at me, and then finally she says "Carol?! Is it you? OMG, I didn´t recognize you, you lost a lot of weight, didn´t you ?!" ... it made my day !:) I have only lost about 20lbs (ok, that´s a lot, but not to make that much of a difference I thought) since the last time she saw me, but somehow these last 20lbs made a very big difference...

FB
04-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Great job peeps!

I have a vague one. I feel bouncier- less compressed. I can feel the difference of the weight I am now versus the old weight.

xGurlyGrlx
04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Carol that is awesome!!

I feel the same fatbaby!

I can sleep on my tummy again. I'm sure some people wouldn't understand that one...but for awhile it was hard for me to sleep on my stomach because it would hurt my lower back. I can also sleep on my left side without feeling my heart beat in to my throat! :D

Halichick
04-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm new here, but I have one NSV (kinda)

I ran for the first time in 8 years yesterday!! I almost died doing it, but I ran!!

LaurieDawn
04-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm new here, but I have one NSV (kinda)

I ran for the first time in 8 years yesterday!! I almost died doing it, but I ran!!

That is in no way a "kinda" NSV. That is incredible! Congratulations! Can't wait to read about the mile you ran or the twelve miles or the marathon or wherever you decide you want to take this!

LindseyLouWho
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Yesterday I had two NSVs!

Firstly, since all of my other jeans were dirty (I know, BAD Lindsey... do laundry!), I decided to try on the pair of size 20 Old Navy jeans I had bought a couple of months ago. I didn't even try them on when I originally purchased them, but when I did they were tight in the calves of all places! However, yesterday, they fit my calves perfectly! In fact, they gape at the waist a bit... guess next time I need to buy a different cut.

Secondly, a girl from my class told me that she noticed that I had lost a lot of weight. That might only be because I mentioned that I could meet her tomorrow to work on our project after I got back from the gym, but in any case, WOOHOO!

Shy Moment
04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Lindsey
Both of those are terrific. Things are going the way you want them too aren't they :)

Hali
What do you mean kind of that is a wonderful nsv.

Gurly
Bet you didn't think of this one. I can tuck my hand under my chin while I sleep. It had gotten to the point when I tryed to do that, under my chin was already full of me lol.

fatbaby
Being able to feel different is one of the nvs's that keeps us going. It is even more important than numbers on the scale.

Carol
I bet that made you feel TERRIFIC

karmuz
Nice going. You see yourself as you are not how you were.

Halichick
04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Hahaha thanks girls, I guess it's not a kinda NSV after all.

I only ran after my son (playing tag) but it was still running right?? LOL

Lindsey.... your weight loss success inspires me!! You're amazing girl!!

Lyn2007
04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow these ARE inspiring. Just what I needed.

I have a couple. I really need to be positive right now so I hope you all don't mind me listing a few.

1. This has been a very stressful week for me and I did actually have thoughts of binging, but I did not do it. Instead I rode my exercise bike 27 minutes every single day. And strength trained 3x.

2. Those jeans I mentioned before... the ones in my 40 pounds gone pics that fit perfectly but then I had to put them in the dryer to fit perfectly... well I got them out of the dryer and they are too loose. I can wear them but I have to keep hiking them up. YES!

3. I, too, can now sleep on my stomach again. It has been a decade since I could do that. Wow.

4. On my kid's birthday, I made him fudge (2 kinds), sloppy joes for dinner, and had a DQ Blizzard ice cream cake... AND I STAYED WITHIN MY CALORIES.

I had a really rough week and felt like just crawling in a hole and dying about an hour ago... but after I rode my bike, now I feel so much better.

xGurlyGrlx
04-18-2008, 12:33 AM
:congrat: Halichick! That leads me to my NSV today. I decided to try the WATP DVD...the 1 mile jog! I was jogging....like really jogging! Not just in place...I was jogging around the room! I think I could have ran if I wanted...and I still have a bad cough! I was SO excited. I have been saying I want to start C25K as soon as my cough goes away...but I was also scared I wouldn't be able to run. Now I know I will be able to. Everything jiggles...but whatever...I was jogging! Happy dance for me! :dance:

SHY - I kind of know about the chin thing...I just always made room in my fat rolls! hehe.

Lyn - We posted at the same time! Isn't it great to sleep on your tummy!! Never thought that would be a big deal for me!

gr8smyl99
04-18-2008, 07:03 AM
You go Lyn! Look at the positive results!! I'm glad to see the negativity is on its way out :)

For me - I'm thrilled that I made it through tax season with no breakfast pastries - and no afternoon sugar binges. And I really do believe that I had more energy because of it!

Shy Moment
04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I was very happy that when I put on a tennis skirt I could put the ball in the pocket that is built in for the extra ball. It use to be filled with thigh lol.

FB
04-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Aren't tennis skirts the cutest Shy? I don't play alot of tennis but love the cutie clothes!

My NSV for today is that I fully appreciate and am grateful for my determination, I'm doing this!

Shy Moment
04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
fb
I love how they fit and look. To bad we can't wear them all the time lol. I don't really PLAY tennis. I hit the ball to my daughter who in turn uses me as target practices as she hits it back. She is pretty darn good at this. No matter where I run or stand she is able to hit me lol. I thought it was pretty unfair when she broke all the school records her first year on the tennis team and got all kinds of awards. I didn't get a thing but bruises. :)

That is a very important nsv. We need to realize all the hard work we do. We need to let our selfs enjoy how far we have come instead of always looking at how much further we still have to go.

PinkyPie
04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Can I post here? I am in the 60+ group actually but I feel really good right now and I wanted to share :)

For the last 3 weeks I have been on plan, I have gone to the gym 6 times (both on my own - which I generally hate - and with a colleague), I have worked out at home and I have gotten up at the crack before dawn to prepare my food for the day. It was a LOOOOONNNNG time ago I held it together for this long. To be honest...I am amazed that I'm not even struggling. I'm not. I'm just doing it. I'm not craving stuff, I'm not starving to death, I'm simply just doing it.

I have a scale issue and this week I challenged myself to stay off until w/i... this is the only thing that has really been on the more obsessive side of my brain... yet I STILL have resisted it. I will NOT get on the scale more than once a week. By the time I weigh in I will be so zen about the whole thing it won't even matter what that mechanical monster has to say. I FEEL GOOD and I intend on hanging on to this feeling :)

aerotigergirl
04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I've been completely stuck with the scale lately, so I'm here to celebrate a very teensy NSV. I had a flat tire yesterday :rolleyes: so today I biked to work! It's only a few miles, but I was on my mountain bike with those fat knobby tires and there are some pretty good hills between home and work!

Later tonight I'll be going to the boxing gym, too.

It's the little things, right? Surely the scale will move again? :^:

Lyn2007
04-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh I have one! The other day I had to go to a meeting. When I got to the building it just said "suite K" and it turned out it was up a big flight of stairs. There was no elevator in the building. I counted 18 stairs straight up and I went up normally, not slow, and I didnt have to stop, and I wasn't panting when I got up there.

I am not kidding when I say that one year ago had I been there it would have taken me about 20 minutes to get up, I would have been in agony AND in tears from embarrassment, IF I had been able to get up them at all.

Apple Cheeks
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Here are some of my NSV's:

* I noticed that my face is definitely getting thinner. Unfortunately, this also means that the few fine lines around my eyes are starting to become noticeable! DOH! :fr:

* I was sorely tempted to binge early this week on a greasy, fatty chili-cheeseburger at work, which in turn would have encouraged me to chuck the whole day down the drain. But I made it through the day (and the week)without a binge. :carrot:

* My work-outs seem to be getting easier. :D

Nada
04-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I really love this thread--I read it for inspiration all the time. My latest NSV is that I found my passport (2 yrs ago) and I can really see what people mean when they say they can see the weight loss in my face. Sometimes it takes photographic evidence to show us how far we've come.

BTW Beth--making it THROUGH tax season is a NSV. My DH is an accountant--we have end of tax season dinner tonight at a local country club. Have to be strong.

LindseyLouWho
04-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I have another clothing NSV:

Yesterday I tried on my tightest pair of jeans that I own that I bought back in December. At that time, they wouldn't anywhere near go over my hips. I swear I tried them on two weeks ago and couldn't get them on hardly, and definitely couldn't zip them, but yesterday I tried them on for the heck of it and they fit! Perfectly! I wore them out yesterday and they do look mighty fine on me, if I do say so myself. :lol:

Oh! And I also bought a regular size XL top from Kohl's on Saturday. Given, it was a loose fitting white cotton shirt (here's a link (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandswomen/elle/PRD~317982/ELLE+SwissDot+Woven+Top.jsp)), but it fit me! I also wore that yesterday with a tank top underneath it with the newly fitting jeans mentioned above!

FB
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Oh heck yeah! I'm not well versed in BMI and the categories of obese, but I think think think/pretty sure I'm not morbidly obese anymore. As of today.

Since January I've reduced the BMI from 42.33 (GASP!) to 34.18 (YAY! Well, I know that's not great- but it WILL be lower.).

readytobeme2010
04-20-2008, 12:55 PM
OKIE DOKIE....

HERE IT GOES......

BESIDES THE FIRST 5LBS I'M DOWN....

TODAY I WENT TO MY HIGH SCHOOL TRACK (RIGHT BEHIND MY HOUSE) I FELT YOUNG AGAIN.....WALKED ONE LAP RAN ONE (OK JOGGED) WALKED THIRD AND RAN 1/2 WALKED 1/4 RAN FINAL STRETCH....

MY 14 YR OLD SON WENT WITH ME, INSPIRED ME, KEPT ME GOING.....

THIS IS A 1/2 MILE TRACK, BRAND NEW, VERY SOFT AND HAS 5 LANES....

I FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS.....

ONE MORE NSV....TOOK THE KIDS OUT TO EAT LAST NIGHT.....I ORDERED SOUP AND SALAD BAR......BECAUSE THE WAITRESS SAW I DIDN'T EAT ANY SOUP AND ONLY TOOK ONE ..... YES LADIES ..... ONE TRIP TO THE SALAD BAR WITH AS SHE PUT IT " HARDLY ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL ON MY PLATE" SHE ONLY CHARGED ME $2.99 INSTEAD OF $5.99

LOLOLOL BLESSINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES SOMETIMES HUH......

THIS IS ME NOW............

THIS WILL BE ME VERY VERY VERY SOON

:bravo:

Darkblue
04-20-2008, 01:36 PM
I weigh the least right now that I have in a year.

I can wear two pairs of pants that six months ago wouldn't fit.

My face looks thinner--I might even have cheekbones.

The weight machine is getting easier.

xJox
04-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Im back on track, Ive kept up with my calories on the daily plate for 5 days straight, Im down 4 lbs and I ran 20 minutes straight yesterday on the treadmill at 4mph without stopping!!! WOO HOO!!!

Nada
04-20-2008, 10:49 PM
The tax dinner turned into a NSV! The dessert didn't look all that enticing so I just got some more fruit from the appetizer table.

AutumnHarvest
04-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Today, I got through my first 1 hour, bum-kickin' workout with my trainer without having to stop because I felt dizzy.

Idealmuse
04-21-2008, 01:23 AM
I ran 60 minutes with NO walk breaks today!!!! For the first time EVER!

That has to be the best NSV I've had in a long time. Very empowering.

Shy Moment
04-21-2008, 02:33 AM
Sorry I haven't been around much. Wanted to tell everyone you are doing great.

Shy Moment
04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I have one for today. My new exercise shoes are to wide. This is the second pair in 6 months lol. Not sure if it all the exercise that is stretching them out or my foot isn't as wide but I will take it as a good sign lol.

jay41
04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
when I started this venture in October, I was wearing 3X shirts...tight. I went shirt shopping this morning and can now fit into a 1X!!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

gr8smyl99
04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
I got back on track!

I was feeling so gross and so unmotivated and so self-destructive! It could have been a very steep & slippery slope back the wrong way - but I fought hard, and now I'm moving in the right direction, again :)

Shy Moment
04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Beth
Good for you. You have done more than just get back on track. You have found strength, you have made yourself accountable. You have told yourself you are worth the effort. I think those are real important things.

Jay
That is terrific. To bad they won't let us trade in the bigger sizes on smaller sizes, heck the clothes we have are hardly worn lol.

Someone gave me a short outfit last summer. I couldn't have thought of getting it over my hips lol. I put it on today and the darn outfit is to big.

Lyn2007
04-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I have been riding my exercise bike every day for 30 minutes (6 days a week) AND I just had to get new heavier (10lb) dumbbells for my strength training! I am excited. When I started, 5 lbs was really heavy and killed me. Then after months I went up to 8lbs. I cannot believe I am up to 10. (I know 10 lbs seems silly but if you have never lifted a weight and are out of shape... try curling a 10 lb dumbbell 15 times...)

Shy Moment
04-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Lyn
That is terrific I use 2 and 3 pound dumbbells and that is more than enough for me lol.

Lyn2007
04-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I have another one this morning.

I decided maybe I had lost enough inches to try on some jeans that had been on the snug side. They're 22's but they are a tighter cut than my other 22's. Anyway I wondered if they would fit now. I put them on and they are tremendously baggy in the seat and thighs. Like, inches of extra fabric. The are slightly loose in the waist. I can wear them but they look baggy. Wow! I think I never even got to wear these jeans before.

I also tried on some 20's in the same tight cut and I can get them on and wear them but they are too tight to be comfortable when sitting or eating, lol....

FB
04-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Awesome awesome awesome Lyn! Great job!

I looked at my reflection in a window today and for the first time in a LONG time I wasn't appalled at my size.

And secondly, my big one... my size 22's were getting embarrassingly loose. Like terrible. So I went to the store.... size 16! Size 16 bottoms! Down from a tight 22! Since January! Wow! I bought the 16's assuming they wouldn't fit, but they were cute, on clearance and I knew I'd fit into them soon. Lo and behold! They fit! Progress! I don't know and don't care if the brand is cut large. 16!

Lyn2007
04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Seems like I find a new NSV every day lately!

Today: it was SO MUCH EASIER to shave my legs. I can tell my calves are smaller too. And OMG I have ankles!! Last year I went shopping to buy new cute sandals but all of them looked like strings tied to an elephant's feet when I looked in the mirror. I had the fattest cankles, I swear. Today I noticed I have sorta BONEY ankles to I tried on some sandals and omg I look normal.

kasmin
04-28-2008, 04:33 AM
I allowed myself to become hungry:D

Beverlyjoy
04-28-2008, 07:15 AM
My NSV is that my clothes are HUGE on me. I am fitting into clothes from years ago - it feels so good.

gr8smyl99
04-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Lyn - looks like you found your groove - way to go!!

My NSV - I had a piece of bread at dinner saturday night. Now I know this sounds like a weird weight loss accomplishment - but the bread at this place is really good. So I planned the whole meal (including a glass of wine) into my day - and I felt like a "normal" person!

Lyn2007
04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
You guys are doing great!

My NSV today is that my husband finally noticed I have lost some weight!

Shy Moment
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
lyn
How nice, it is great when someone we love notices. It is nice to feel good about how we look. Glad you are liking how your ankles look.

Beth
Way to go, this isn't about doing without. What we are doing is about eating right and with a little planning we can have all the things we love.

Beverly
You must feel so good about yourself. Numbers on the scale are ok but clothes fitting that we couldn't get into is terrific.

kasmin
Isn't it nice to have a bit more control over what we eat :)

fb
Even if a brand is cut " large " it is still a smaller size than what you wore before. That is great.

FB
04-28-2008, 06:05 PM
My first notice! I saw a client of mine for a session last week, she didn't mention anything to me but asked my assistant later if I had lost a sh*tload of weight (classy, eh?). I hadn't seen her since Christmas.

Thanks Shy! That's how I feel about the new size- it's still smaller. I'm happy!

Everyone's doing so great- keep it up! I love this thread for inspiration!

Shy Moment
04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
fb
Wellll lol it could have been said in a nicer way lol but at least it was said. Enjoy that someone noticed.

Lyn2007
04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
My NSV today is that I had to take 3 pairs of jeans (2 size 22's and one size 20) and wash them on the hottest possible setting and dry them on the highest heat to try and shrink them enough that I can still wear them.

LisaF
04-29-2008, 07:48 PM
This is going to sound so weird, but my big NSV today was realizing that some things had stopped being NSVs. I went out for Thai for lunch, and I got grilled fish, not a noodle dish. At one point, it would have been a huge NSV for me to not get the noodles. Today, it really wasn't a big deal. So the victory is that I've started making better menu choices without struggling over it. It's just becoming habit. And that feels really good.

Lisa

FB
04-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Ha Lyn! That's a good one. I can't recall how many times I've yelled at hubby for 'shrinking' clothes (I doubt he did). How wonderful to have to do the opposite.

Lisa- that's a biggy! Especially with Thai. It's just a wonderful mark of how far you've come.

Mine today is that I went biking this evening with a friend. I left her in the dust, and had to slow down, while still burning 853 calories in the process. I didn't realize how much my stationary biking had conditioned me. I'm getting fit! I'm on my way!

graciegoose13
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
This is going to sound so weird, but my big NSV today was realizing that some things had stopped being NSVs. I went out for Thai for lunch, and I got grilled fish, not a noodle dish. At one point, it would have been a huge NSV for me to not get the noodles. Today, it really wasn't a big deal. So the victory is that I've started making better menu choices without struggling over it. It's just becoming habit. And that feels really good.

Lisa

Lisa, that is awesome! Definitely one of the hardest parts, in my opinion, in losing weight and maintaining is make healthy choices when eating out!

My NSV is that I've been able to stay away from the dessert part of the cafeteria for 3 straight days now...I can't remember the last time I've done that which probably explains why I'm on this website!! :D

gr8smyl99
04-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Since I got back on plan, I've avoided the local convenience store, as its always been a smorgasboard of breakfast treats & bad snacks. Yesterday I didn't have time to stop for coffee & gas at 2 separate spots - so I went into the conv store - and came out with just coffee!

Shy Moment
04-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I had to go to a meeting at my sons school today. I put on my new white pants ( size 11 ) and a brown shirt that is only waist length. I felt terrific. I looked in the mirror and didn't have a ton of thigh sticking out. The belling wasn't sticking out a foot. I looked terrific and felt terrific about myself. I know I still have a long way to go but today I wanted to cry I was so proud of myself.

gr8
That can be hard. I find it much easier to stay away from anything that is quick and easy.

Gracie
You made me laugh. We of course all ate right lol. I would hear my daughter say all the time, " I don't know why I am putting on weight I never eat this or that." I finally told her, " No dear you don't, it just jumps into your mouth all on its own." lol All of us here understand because all of us weren't eating or exercising the way we should have been.

Lisa
Isn't it a great feeling when things we were thrilled about doing we don't even notice anymore. I weight my meat so I know exactly how much I am eating. At first I took great pains to do this. Now it is just something I do and don't think much about.

ShadesofGray
04-30-2008, 04:24 PM
My NSV is that I can fit into my size 6 jeans from high school! They're a tiny bit tight, but once I'm down a few pounds, they will fit perfectly!

gr8smyl99
05-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Shy - that's awesome!! Congratulations for feeling as great as you looked :)

Last night I was at a function where my only choice was burger or dog. I was starved (poor planning ahead, on my part). So I grabbed 2 burger, no buns - and was very satisfied & full. And pleased with myself!

Shy Moment
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
shades
I wish I could fit into a size 6 lol. Good going I am happy for you.

gr8
Sounds like you made the best choices you could. In the real world sometimes that is the best we can do.