Weight Loss Support - Donuts -Not giving in

View Full Version : Donuts -Not giving in

Mayson
04-01-2008, 09:38 AM
At work it's clean up day, they have really delicious donuts for breakfast. I am not giving in. I think finally this weight loss will work. Usually I have no will power. I walked up to the box, looked at them and then said "Nope, not worth it" YAY for me!

Lovely
04-01-2008, 09:42 AM
:hug: :cheer2:

WTG! What a victory! :D

Mrs Snark
04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Good job, passing up sweet treats can be so hard so you deserve to pat yourself on the back! Yay you!

BoiseShan
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Nice job! I had the EXACT same experience yesterday. Managed to make it through the day with loads of people walking by munching on donusts. It just about killed me--until I jumped on the scale this morning. Totally worth it!

gailr42
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Sombody brought in a box of St Patrick's cookies this morning. They are probably stale, right? I couldn't eat stale cookies, could I?

Good job avoiding the doughnuts, Mayson!!!!

Tomato
04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Donuts are the easiest thing for me to reject. They don't even taste good, it's just sugar and lard, nothing else. A friend of mine worked (briefly) at Krispy Kreme. She said "Don't eat them, if you only knew what goes into them". I actually never ate them so I did not need the warning. I shudder at the thought of donuts.

gailr42
04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
I am attracted to lard like a moth to a light! I especially like the commercial cake frosting which is pretty much lard and sugar.

PhotoChick
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Congrats onthe willpower. I'm not a big donut person (sweets first thing in the morning make me feel queasy!) but I have the same problems when people bring in snacky stuff in the afternoon- I know how hard it is to walk past them!

polkadotfever
04-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm very lucky I have a girlfriend here at work who tells me, "don't eat the cookies someone sneezed on them!" whenever someone brings a goody to work. I know she is lying but she's doing it to help me...by the time I process the mental picture I no longer want whatever it is anyway. :)

Good job on passing up those donuts. Someone sneezed on them anyway. ;)

Mayson
04-01-2008, 12:33 PM
That is hilarious and made me laugh. Instead I ate salad and everyone came to my office and was jealous because my salad dressing smelled so good (Lot's of garlic, it's homemade). I said, "You guys ate doughnuts, I ate this" and they said "well the doughnuts tasted good" and I said "so does my salad but the bonus is that it's good for me too"

Tomato
04-01-2008, 01:24 PM
That is hilarious and made me laugh.

I am laughing out loud myself. :)

rockinrobin
04-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Instead I ate salad and everyone came to my office and was jealous because my salad dressing smelled so good (Lot's of garlic, it's homemade). I said, "You guys ate doughnuts, I ate this" and they said "well the doughnuts tasted good" and I said "so does my salad but the bonus is that it's good for me too"

That is just AWESOME!!!! You keep at it. Just hold onto that mindset. It will take you very, very far.

:bravo::bravo::cp::cp::cp::bravo::bravo:

Polkadot, that is funny and really useful! I'm gonna tuck it away and use it sometimes.

twentysixpoint2
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Wee! I didn't eat donuts, either! For some reason, someone brought them in yesterday. Fortunately, they give me wretched heartburn something fierce post-gallbladder surgery, so it wasn't a major exercise of willpower, but still... Looked good!

Then, when I got in and started the coffee, there were two left: both with big bites taken out of them. Freakin' gross!? Who the **** does that?!

I feel proud that I A) did not eat a donut, and B) am not gross enough to take a bite and leave it. Hehe.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
:cp:

Erika79
04-01-2008, 02:18 PM
:hug::carrot:
That's GREAT!!

singdenver
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Good for you!!!!

BrandNewJen
04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow... good for you! I'm at the stage where I can't even let myself LOOK at the donuts or SMELL the donuts... I'm not sure I could convince myself they didn't still look delicious!

Good for you!

Heather
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
WTG! And you didn't say "no" to the donut, you said YES to you!!! :cheer:

Mayson
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I was down a pound this morning so that was huge motivation to continue saying yes to myself!

the slim me
04-02-2008, 09:55 AM
That is so great! You have managed to work through a obstical. Always remember, these are not the last donuts you will ever see. There will be a time when you can chose to have a donut if you want. Right now, you're chosing not to. You're not depriving yourself, you're making your health a priority.

Hat Trick
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Good job passing up the 'nuts!! Isn't it just the best when you stick to your guns and don't give in? The doughnuts and junk doesn't stand a chance with this mindset. WTG!!

SkinnyGina
04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I am sorry Twentysix it was me who took the bites *Donut lover in denial*

VermontMom
04-06-2008, 11:13 PM

:rofl: You guys are all great!!

twentysixpoint2
04-07-2008, 11:21 AM

HaHa! Well SkinnyGina, I'm proud of you for not eating the whole things! And thanks for making them inedible for this chubster! Heheh!

griffogrubb
04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
That is hilarious and made me laugh. Instead I ate salad and everyone came to my office and was jealous because my salad dressing smelled so good (Lot's of garlic, it's homemade). I said, "You guys ate doughnuts, I ate this" and they said "well the doughnuts tasted good" and I said "so does my salad but the bonus is that it's good for me too"

Mayson, you're a baller, 'nough said

Mayson
04-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Mayson, you're a baller, 'nough said

So are you! What a fantastic job you've done with your weight loss journey! You look awesome.

kittycat40
04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Mayson, your thread was on my mind when I saw the yummy donuts out this Saturday when I took my kids to karate. I am happy to tell you that I did not have one bite!
Sunday, however, no donuts but other not so good for me things. I'll just get back--Up and at 'em-- right?

Mayson
04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Absolutley! We can't ALWAYS be perfect. That would set us up for failure! But not giving in everytime, and making it less and less is what's going to get us closer to our goals!
Get back in the saddle!