Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

Default Alternative to LA Lites?

I started with LAWL 1 week ago..and currently I am on menu plan 2, with LA Lites.My problem is that they are soooooo darn expensive. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about!!! I asked the counselor if could go without the LA Lites, to help me save money but she told me that I would have to be put on Plan 3 then. Well, I was already on plan 3 when I first started but it was too much food for me, I couldn't eat it all and I was miserable. Plan 2 is perfect for me- minus the LA Lites. So anyways, i was wonder if there was any way I could buy a similar item to the LA Lites elsewhere, and substitute that to save me money. Does anyone have any good advice for me?!?!? Help!
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

I've heard that Luna Bars are good subs for LA Lites.

Thing is, LA Lites are like, 400 or so calories extra a day, so if you stop with the Lites, they have to add in more food to compenstate for the loss of LA Lites. =) Hope that explains why they said they would have to move you up a plan if you went without the bars! I'm thinking of asking my center to do the same when I finish my bulks, because I honestly cannot keep buying the Lites. =(
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i've been using luna bars this time around. they are much more healthy than the lites (in my opinion) and they are a bit cheaper. i usually buy mine on amazon.com because if you spend $25 or more you get free shipping. i think they taste alot better than the lites too.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

Did the counselors give you a hard time for switching to a different bar versus the LA Lites? I really wanna switch, because they are sooo expensive!!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #5  
WonderWoman

when i was going to the center (i don't go anymore) i just wrote LA bar in my journal and never told them. i just told them that my mom was buying all my lites for me so i could avoid them trying to sell them to me.
otherwise just be upfront with them and tell them that they're too expensive and that you're using the luna bars.
either way, it's your choice, not theirs. good luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #6  
One step at a time...

That's true. For some reason, i feel guilty about it though... Which I shouldn't. I clearly paid my money to them, and it's my body and my life. I shouldn't worry if they get mad at me for not buying "their" LA Lites... LOL! I'm gonna check into those Luna bars! Thanks!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #7  
WonderWoman

no problem!
my faves are the berry almond, chocolate raspberry (highest fiber!), dulce de leche, caramel nut brownie and chocolate peppermint stick.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'5"

i am just restarting my plan...LA weightloss went bankrupt in my area so there are no centers around me to buy the bars...i also bought luna bars..they cost about $1.00 each at walmart...our local grocery store sells the box of 15 for $13.49...half the price of the LA lites...and they are quite delicious..good luck
lacorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

Okay, I started using other bars.. Of course, I didn't tell the counselors at the center. I still write LA Lites in my journal- and I just told them that "my dad has a friend that used to do LAWL and she had some boxes left over... I bought them from her so I'm good for now..but I'll be needing some later" Soo...that's that!