Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/155/130

Height: 5'5"

Default For All The College Students Feeling The Pressure To Be Thin!

Whether it's on TV, in class, walking around campus, or at parties, you always see those girls. You know the ones I'm talking about. The thin, beautiful, tan girls in their skinny jeans that you have been dying to get into. Everyone at some point has wanted to be them.

I think it's really difficult, especially in social situations to deal with having a little extra around the middle. I hate to say it but sometimes I envy the attention those girls get. Or maybe the different kind of attention. Sick of always being the guy's best friend? Ever want to be thought of as more than just a friend?

Have you ever felt like you were invisible in a social situation and no one would give you the time of day?

I think we need to change the way we think. We need to redefine what is beautiful and treat all people like their are beautiful, no matter what their waist line is. Please share your thoughts/experiences!
sky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 PM   #2  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm not a girl, but I can relate to what you're talking about. I got treated like crap when I was bigger and now that I've lost weight everything is so much different. People that wouldn't of talked to me 2 years ago are all over me now, kinda pisses me off quite frankly. Even though I feel like that, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything-being fat taught me a lot. I give everyone a chance, don't judge people before I know them, and don't treat people like the way I was once treated. Sure, I get strange stares when people see who I hang out with, but I don't care. I like them, they're beautiful to me and that's what matters. I'll take my girlfriends over some hot, skinny, prissy little girl anyday!
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:00 PM   #3  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

AMEN SKY!!!

And Griffogrubb, you may be one of the coolest guys ever
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #4  

Heh, I have actually been in situations where my friend and I are sitting at the same table, and some guy comes over to hit on her. (She is very pretty, and she's not a stick, but I am noticably bigger than her, haha). Funny thing? She's a lesbian. So when she opens up her phone and says, "Oh, look. A text from my girlfriend" to get the guy off her back, guess who suddenly appears out of thin air? Yep, you guessed it. Lil Miss Cephalopod Gal.

It makes me feel like crap when it happens, but I do relish in the fact that I get to say, "Yeah, don't even TRY." I just remind myself that that guy wouldn't even amount to much in a meaningful relationship anyway, so he's the one missin' out.

And you know what? Even when I do lose this weight, and even IF some guys think it'll be okay to talk to me like that, I'll still enjoy saying, "Yeah, don't even TRY."
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #5  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Cephalopod Gal, I know exactly what you're talking about. We're losing the weight for us, not so some idiot can hit on us in a bar.

Griffogrubb, I think I've learned a lot from being overweight as well, and I hope it will give me better perspective when I'm not anymore.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Guys I know exactly what you're talking about. I go to UCLA and it seems like all the girls here is damn fit or too too skinny (U know the type). A part of me sometimes envies these girls; the first year here I felt so out of place. But, i eventually found some great ppl who make my college life great.
I guess I'm lucky to have those really good friends who arent all about looks and I thank god for them everyday.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123 View Post
I hate to say it but sometimes I envy the attention those girls get. Or maybe the different kind of attention. Sick of always being the guy's best friend? Ever want to be thought of as more than just a friend? Have you ever felt like you were invisible in a social situation and no one would give you the time of day?
EVERYTHING you said there is *exactly* what I've been thinking in my head for the past month. I've become very depressed lately, as my scale each week keeps going UP even though I consume less cals and exercise my butt off (beginning of the year I was in the mid 130s, now I'm 150 according to my scale today..). Starting to believe those girls are just born lucky and I was born unlucky.

Last edited by scorpio88; 04-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123 View Post

I think it's really difficult, especially in social situations to deal with having a little extra around the middle. I hate to say it but sometimes I envy the attention those girls get. Or maybe the different kind of attention. Sick of always being the guy's best friend? Ever want to be thought of as more than just a friend?

Have you ever felt like you were invisible in a social situation and no one would give you the time of day?

OMG that describes me to the T in high school. I'm still sorta that way, I'm just not in that environment right now(and I avoid the mall like the PLAGUE). BUT I'm thinking of taking classes at a local college and the apt I've picked out is basically college row. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that. I really don't have the self confidence to grab any attention. Ex. I've been in San Anto for four months now and have yet to make ONE friend! I only talk to my family and people at work.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #9  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Griff ~ You're one cool dude.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #10  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Do you want to know what's REALLY funny???
My roomate/best friend is a guy, but he's gay so he's VERY feminine, almost borderline tranny...

anyways, he is about 80 pounds lighter than me, so he's WAY skinnier than me. Guys ALWAYS hit on him at bars. They hit on him WAY more than me because he looks like a skinny pretty girl. In my head I am just laughing because I'm thinking "you're hitting on a guy."
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #11  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

vdaybaby that is hilarious! I am not in college anymore but I definitely understand what you guys are talking about. I'd never seen so many blonde tanned skinny beautiful girls in my life til I came to TX for college, I didn't even consider myself overweight at the time, but I was no size zero and probably couldn't be even if I tried. Definitely felt out of place and less worthy to be there. Not to mention there were more girls on my campus than there were guys.

Of course, when I realized that the other girls in the dorm who looked so effortlessly perfect spent 2 hours primping themselves to go out, had to go tanning every week in a tanning bed, spent big bucks on their haircuts, colorists, waxers, had expensive styling products and makeup, had colored contacts, considered celery 'dinner' and refused to eat most of the time to stay thin....I don't think the costs are worth it. Yeah, there are girls who are just naturally beautiful and skinny. But it seems to be for every one of those theres a dozen others clawing desperately to be the ideal and missing actual life in the process. I dunno, just my viewpoint on it all.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #12  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I'm in college too can can relate!!!

This challenge my interest some of you who feel these pressures!

Here's the NSV Scale-free challenge I started, for those who are interested in celebrating all the changes we are making that aren't related to numbers on a scale! There's no reason we can't participate in many types of challenges, and so many people expressed they wanted a way to not focus just on the numbers on a scale as a measure of worth and progress.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...21#post2127321
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I have totally felt like that before. The worst part is that when I would manage to psych myself up and act confident I would get hit on at bars, but I would tell myself that the guy just sees a chubby girl and thought it would be easy to take me home...even if he acted like a gentleman. I would basically shoot myself in the foot.

Recently I decided that (no matter what weight I am) I am going to try VERY hard to not compare myself to other people. I am never going to be one of these girls that is 80 pounds...I'm going to try and only compare myself to myself...easier said than done, but necessary.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #14  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh...I've so been there. All of a sudden it feels like you're the fattest person in every classroom...

Ever plan to go out to the bar with friends...get all dressed up...think you look pretty good and even a little hot...and then you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror at the bar or whatever and go OH MAN what was I thinking??? I always do that. Something is wrong with the mirror in my room, I'm convinced. I hate that; your confidence just hits the floor.

Plus (no judgment please ), I fooled around with my good guy friend from high school at the end of first semester and he was more drunk than me and I know these things happen and whatever, move on with your life. But I always kinda wonder if he would've been like...repulsed had he been sober enough to realize it? I don't make a habit of this kind of stuff, I swear :$. But the insecurities definitely came out in the aftermath of that err...incident.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

rockstar -- I had a situation sort of similar....My best guy friend and I hooked up, and I was always like "would you have done that if you weren't drunk??" He later called me while he was drunk (during the summer...he was back at home) and started telling me how gorgeous he thought I was and how he just didn't want a relationship because of how bad his last gf hurt him blah blah blah..... but I know what you mean!!

Luckily, I'm with bf, who is a wonderful, amazing, supportive guy, and he's great. Much better than any relationship with friendboy would've been....but still.......couldn't he tell me that when he's SOBER?!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote