Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #40

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Marti; 04-10-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

LAST FEW POST FROM THREAD #39

Mindee -

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing really interesting on this end! I did manage to make it through the kids toys. I threw out three bags of toys that are either broken or they don't play with anymore!!! I am so happy about that! I folded and put away our laundry. I still have to fold and put away the kids' laundry. I have one empty tote that I am going to try and put all the bigger clothes for Brandon in and then that will go down into the basement! I missed him being in school.....I was able to get so much done that way!

I did however do really well with potty training the boys over the weekend. Brandon went a couple of times on the potty. Logan went next to the potty and in the bath tub, so I guess that counts for something! Now, I just need to get back on track with my eating and water drinking as well as my exercising! I am not sure if I will get my work out in after I ship Brandon off to school in the morning. One of the maintenace guys will be coming over to replace our bathroom floor! It is starting to dip near the bath tub, and before it gets too bad we are going to have them fix it! The guy that is going to do it, told the office manager that he might as well just replace the whole floor instead of just the one area. Our office manager did tell us that we could use her shower if it takes longer then a day to fix it!

I need to cut this short and get into the shower!

Francie~ Sounds like you had a great weekend! I haven't had a legal drink since before I got pregnant with Brandon! I found out I was pregnant with him the day after I turned 21, so I wasn't able to drink. Tommy owes me a night of me being drunk and him taking care of the kids! He always says "that won't take but one drink, and you will be drunk."

SusieQ~ Nope, we are not planning on any more kids. I want to get back into temping so that I don't have to guess at when AF is coming into town, I will know when she will be here. I used to do it when we got pregnant with Brandon and Logan, but then life turned upside down and things got too chaotic! I sat down a couple months ago and actually figured out that I have been pregnant every year since 2003! (excluding this year)

Sassy

Mornin' all.

Yippee another Monday! lol. I put in my request for my 1/2 floating holiday night off. But I guess I either put in the wrong dates or my boss is an idiot, either one could be true, so will just have to see once I go into tonight. lol. I put in for either next Wed. or the Wed. after, whichever one works better, doesn't matter much to me.

DH is in desperate need of some new jeans, he only has ONE pair now. So yup that means I have to do laundry more often and we all know that is no fun, right? lol.

I received my new pants. One pair I like, the rest that I received (one is on back order) I don't really like, on me anyways. Trying to see if its worthwhile to send them back or not. I got all the pants on clearance. They say they take the price of shipping off on the credit or refund? I guess that means I get it back, right? I dunno. One pair is just ugh. I dunno doesn't look right on me at all. I look like a seal that is pregnant and about to pop! The other pair I do not like look like I could fit another one of me in them!!!

So I dunno I hate returning things through the mail but I do want pants that look right too. So I dunno. Maybe I will return the ones I do not like for a refund and try to find something at the outlet mall so I can try them on!!! lol. Sound like a good plan??? lol. So I wonder if I can call them and have them not send me the ones that are on back order, as they are the same as the ones that make me look like a pregnant seal. lol.

Well I can honestly say I haven't done much at all, since the cleaning is all done, but now there is dishes to do again and I honestly do not feel like doing them. lol. Lazy, huh? lol.

I talked to my mother Saturday night. She met a new guy, who lives in my area. He works for Kelloggs. He has 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl, but they are all older and married, like me. She says he is really nice. So we'll see.........Once again she is talking about moving up here, and now that she has a man that lives in my area, its probably a lot more likely, if it works out. Not trying to be negative, just trying to be realistic. She's gone through a few men now. I wish she would meet them the old fashioned way instead of on the net, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think its hard to really "know" someone via the net, but I know there are lots of people out there who have met on the net and it turned out wonderful, so lets hope this works out for her.

Well my dept. is still upstairs. The girl who works my shift when I am off worked in the same cube I did upstairs so she only had to take her tower and her phone headset upstairs, instead of everything. So guess that is where I will be this week. Who knows when they will get it fixed. The way our co. is it could be a year later!!! I hope not, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Luckily the ladies cube who we are using is on maternity leave and as far as I know she hasn't even had her baby yet, so it should be awhile yet. She had to be on bed rest due to complications, so that is why she's been out already.

Anywho......I just do not wanna go into work tonight........I guess its the case of the "Monday's" lol. I will be just fine once I get there and get all set up and ready to work.........Just getting there is the hard part. lol.

We watched "I am Legend" with Will Smith, it was pretty good, not one of his "best" movies in my opinion, but pretty good.

Weather wise it is supposed to be warm all week, so we shall see........I am tired of the cold and hot thing. lol.

Well take care everybody, I hope you have a Great Week!

I didn't go back far enough -- Thanks for the Avatars, Francie, I too love the Monkey! Cristina -- Yes I talk to the TV too. When I used to do I think it was Denise's Abs and Butt -- OMG I use to cuss her out. lol. She would always say, "only 2 more....." then you do 2 more and then she goes "oh you can do 8 more can't ya? come on I know you can" then I am like @#$%!!! But it worked!!! lol. Suzy Q -- Avatars, download? I am not sure what you mean. All you have to do is right click and click "save as" but maybe I not getting whatcha mean. lol. Or go to glitter-graphics.com (there is where I get mine at least) and it gives you the code for forums.

Katy

hey - I'm back...haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

Made it through Spring Break unscathed and no weight gain - yay!

I have to get ready to drop my car off for some very expensive repairs So I'll have to come back later for chatting. Sounds like everyone had a good week..

cheers

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-31-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

It is nice to have you back Katy!! I knew you were because I saw your hubby at the library yesterday. lol Small town, eh?

Mindee- Wow, congrats on the continued potty training! I was always so lazy in developing the girls, figured they would figure things out on their own. Did Brandon make it back to school??

Sassy - Kind of agree w/ the internet dating thing. I had long distance ones in the past. I chatted w/ a guy for almost a year in Arkansas and even w/ all that talking I didn't feel I really knew him. My hawaii friend though I feel close too but he is an ocean away, and now there is McDreamy who lives around the corner from me - a little too close for comfort now. lol - jk.

k- I will have to come back later, I have some job things that I need to get done before Gab gets off from school.

Hope you all have a good Monday. I did weigh and am still 164!! Yeah.. felt better about that.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:09 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!!

Its a new week for me. And a new week means a new plan. Dh came home and totally messed things up for me. I have zero self control when I'm with him, lol. I gained 1 flippin pound. I started over with Fitday, made a new profile and everything. I'll be making a grocery list soon (and cleaning out the fridge). I'm gonna tell dh that I cant have any more fast foods except for Subway (Eat Fresh). I dont know why I dont have any self control when he's here. I just become so lazy. And then I start to feel guilty for being lazy and then feel even more guilty for eating bad. I hate feeling that way. I found this walking plan for the month, so I'm gonna go back and print it out and actually do it!! I seriously need to meet my goal this month!!!!!! Dh starts leave next week, and I'm gonna make him go to the gym with me.

I wish I had my own mini fridge. That way I could stock my own healthy foods in it...I should seriously look into that. I could probably get a cheap one from the Goodwill huh? Hmm..

Anyways..I'm gonna go clean out the fridge and find out if the yogurt in there is expired. (Thank God we get paid tonight, cuz theres NO food in here!!!!!!)
Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Just a quick HI for right now...I will be back!

I signed in on Saturday and then little Miss Thang wanted to go back outside, lol. Was trying to entertain a 3-year-old but we had fun. Forgot I walked out and left the computer on and was too busy to get back on. Of course I am busy now and it took me forever to read everything. So...I am going to make the bed, fold some clothes, start a load and do a video and I will be back to post, lol. Got tired just thinking of all that.

I'll be back...
Old 03-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Francie - I can live in a house with no food but because I have the girls...... I have to like, feed them. lol
So, I have to stock it with foods that I don't normally eat like mac and cheese, ice cream and such. I also nibble what I fix them thinking a tablespoon here or there isn't going to matter.
I think really planning even down to the time you are going to eat and what you are going to eat will help. I was strict like that a few years ago when I was still married and cooking for a family. I wasn't tempted by *their* foods because I had my own plan going on. Also rewarding with non food stuff would help, even if it is a gossip mag with one of your husbands on the cover
Maybe try craigslist too for the mini fridge??

Cristina - hey chickie!! Come back and chatter!

I am having a hard time getting serious w/ work search. Ick. I take Gab to see Water Horse tonight and she did come home from the weekend w/ a cough, poor Gab.

chat later!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-31-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing too exciting on this end...... I did some major cleaning and I feel great about it! I went through the boys closet and put away some clothes that are too big at this time in a tote that can go down in the basement. I went through their toys last night and the rest this morning, and got rid of 4 bags of toys that were broken or missing pieces! I mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors. I cleaned all the windows. I told Tommy that when he walks in after work he is going to think that he walked into the wrong house!

now I am watching the Tigers game........spending some time with Rissa while the boys are asleep....uploading some pictures..checking my email and a couple of other things.....oh yeah....making a grocery list for when we go shopping on Friday!

SusieQ~ Thanks for the congrats on the potty training. Brandon is doing better with it then Logan, but I still think Logan is kind of young. He likes to spend his time on the potty playing "hide my willy so I don't have to go potty." and then when he does get the urge to go potty, he will stand up and pee next to the little potty seat!

Katy~ it is good to have you back!

Francie~ You have me wanting to get back on FitDay. I will have to go over there later and check it all out again. It has been a loooooooong time since I was last on there, so I will probably have to start all over again!

the guy was suppose to come over and check out the floor/fix the floor today. but it is approaching 3:30 and I don't count on him making it here today!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hi Chicks.

Hi Ladies.

I am wearing the new pair of pants that I like today......+ my new shirt I bought a week or so again + my new shoes. Dunno why I bother I work all alone now, who cares what I look like? lol. So yup I am still upstairs, we do not know for how long, it is a pain though because me and the girl who works opposite nights I do share a desk now, so we have to hook up our computers at the beginning of the week and then unhook them when we are done at the end of the week.

I will call and try to stop them sending my other pants and I will send back the others as soon as I have time to drop them off, getting to anywhere in my town right now is a complete nightmare!! They have so many roads closed it is simply ridculous. Even the School Buses have to detour. They surely did not plan this out when they did it, that is for sure.

Suzy Q: Yeah but then again if my mom moves up here, then it won't be a "long-distance" relationship, so we'll just have to see how it goes......I met my DH up here too. But that was not planned at all. lol.

Francie -- I am the same way, that is why I love the McKenna Plan. It has totally "freed" me. I no longer look at food with guilt or worry. I know its not for everybody, but it totally works for me. Big

The Mckenna Plan has totally changed me, or at least I think. Have any you noticed any change in me?? You can be honest w/ me if you think it has or has not or whatever, won't bug me. lol.

Cristina -- Hey girlie.

Hi Mindee -- DH and I did our major cleaning last week. I even did the dishes this morning before going to bed and wiped down the counters, etc. DH said he is going to clean out the fridge this week. His office is still left though......lol.

Well have a Great Night!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #9  

just popping back in here before I finish up on here and go to bed.

tommy talked to the guy that was suppose to come and look at our floor. come to find out, they are not going to do anything with it until the tile is peeling. tommy said "so one of us has to fall through the floor in order for something to be done? if that is the case, then I will be owning this whole place!"

so that is where it all sits right now.....

nothing really ealse going on.....I did all that heavy cleaning in exchange for not doing my work out dvd because I thought that he was going to show up to check out/fix the floor!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies!

I'm back! I meant to get back on earlier after all I had to do but then decided to take a shower. When I got back on the computer I saw I had some messages on myspace and ran out of time...sorry.

SUSAN...aaaahhh, poor Gaby...hope she feels better soon. Glad you had a nice time with McD!

FRANCIE...same here, I lose all control when I hang out with the hubby. We end up running around and eating out and whatever. I am back on track today!

SASSY... to new clothes! I think there is a change...you seem happier for sure!

HIYA MINDEE, KATY, JULES and SUE!

This weather makes me sleepy! it was rainy and I stayed up too late last night. So of course I overslept this morning. Got a late start and eventually got things done. There's always something to do I swear! I managed only 65 minutes of exercise. I was dragging this evening when I usually do my second part and only did 15 minutes. Guess it is better than nothing. The food has gone well. While I'm not having a TOM hardly anymore, sometimes I have the symptoms...or it's all in my head. I crave the junk...greasy foods, junk food, sweets and I gave in, ugh! I'm not perfect though so...life goes on. I'll get there eventually...wherever there is.

Take care ladies, nighty night!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #11  
One day at a time

HIYA MINDEE...hey, at least you got a workout, that's all that matters. And who says housework isn't work?! It's one of the hardest jobs and I hate it! Wonder why they changed their minds though...seems weird, sort of. I mean they tell you they will replace and then say umm, no. How's the potty training going so far tonight? I remember the days and I don't cherish those, lol.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:22 PM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~The McKenna Plan, is that the "i can make you thinner" guy?

Ahh my show is back on...bbl
Old 04-01-2008, 01:18 AM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi Gals.

Mindee -- I agree with Cristina, house work is exercise, so kudos to you. I hope they can get your floor fixed soon. Sounds like what we have to go through to get things fixed at our place. lol.

Cristina -- thanks. I for once in my life feel happy. lol. I try to laugh things off instead let them "get to me". I still get mad, but its less frequent and if I do get mad, I try to clean so I use my energy for "Good" instead of bad. I hear ya on the rainy weather making you sleepy........its hard to get motivated sometimes, that is for sure. But at least you worked out and I think 65 minutes is pretty darn good.

Francie -- yup that is the one. His show is on Sunday nights on TLC and I believe he has a website too.

Oh yeah and I looked to see how long the road construction was gonna be in our town? HOLY MOLY! They are doing the whole town almost!!! It would have been easier for them to say the roads that they weren't closing and re-doing instead of the ones they are!!! They had to even close a business due to all this construction, and it will be closed for 3 whole weeks! This is a small town, so not like there are lots of other alternatives or routes to go. Ridiculous! lol. Ok I am off my now. lol.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #14  

popping back in here before I head off to bed!

thanks ladies....I didn't really look at it that way, although I should have since I could feel the sweat droplets!

they decided not to fix the floor yet because it isn't in complete disrepair.....i.e. nobody has fallen through it.....and the root of all evil.....they don't have the money to fix it right now. or at least that is what the guy told Tommy!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by real quick. We just got back from Walmart. I'm so proud of myself. I bought TONS of fruits and veggies (as well as other stuff,lol). I also bought one of Jillian's dvds and a Mini Stepper. I'm soooooooooooo excited to try it out tomorrow!! I can use my mini stepper and watch TV at the same time!! LoL!! OKay well..I'm gonna go to bed now. Its gonna be 2am in a few mins. Nighty nite!! And Happy April Fool's!!!

Oh ya!!! When we were in the check out line..I was looking at the gums and telling Fonzo how they should make some chocolate flavored gum..and whatcha know!! I see Chocomint gum!!!!!!!!! I havent tried it yet, but I was happy to find it, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-01-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Closed Thread