100 lb. Club - Accountability - planning - menus - Week of March 30 - April 5

Beverlyjoy
03-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!

Beverlyjoy
03-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi friends...I had a good on plan day yesterday :) - I am grateful. After my overeating Saturday night - it felt good to find some refuge in my food plan.

Here's today:

PT
Taxes :dizzy:
meditation
stretches
lots of water
journal/log food
PMA

breakfast - ff cottage cheese with canteloup, pnb on ww toast
snack - carrots
lunch - wrap with ham, lite cheese, lite mayo, asparagus
snack - yogurt with bran cereal
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey sausage, sf syrup, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I hope everyone has a great day. Be good to yourself and do the best you can. :)

Sara - Hi and welcome back. :) So sorry to hear that you needed to have knee surgery. :hug: I wish you a speedy recovery. You have a good plan for the day. I wondered where you were.

Math - yes, stay positive!! :D:D I like your spirit. Remember - everyday is a new beginning. Carry on, friend.

Purple - WOW = great job at the buffet! :carrot::carrot: Buffets are really tough to face. Great idea to have your MIL take the kids over for dessert! Good exercise too!

snflgrl -:D:D :welcome: :D:DYour menu/plan looks great. I am so glad you found us. What does HNS stand for??

schmoodle - so nice to get to sleep in now and then. FANTASTIC for all those on plan days. :carrot::carrot:

Rhonda - hope ladies night was fun. :)

Brit40 - :D:D :wel3fc: :D:D My food plan is "organized" calorie counting. Making sure I have lots of fruit & veggies, limited fats, heathy starches, lean protein, lf dairy and limited goodies. However, I do have treats now in then. I like to include tastey and fun foods in my plan everyday. I can eat what I like - alot of it is about portion control.

bgtxmomma- Glad to hear about your OP day. :) Hope you had a good time at the Y. I LOVE that place.

Carry on everyone. Hi to any folks I missed.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

It’s Monday morning and I’m sitting here singing the same ole song. I went off-plan again this weekend. Ladies’ night got the best of me. I’m incredibly frustrated with myself. I’ve set a goal to be in Onederland by my birthday – July 14th. I really really need to find some commitment and motivation on the weekends so that I don’t totally destroy any progress I make during the week. At this rate, I’m only managing to maintain. That’s just not acceptable to me. So, I’m starting over yet again.

Sarah – It is so good to hear from you again. You’ve been missed. Sorry to hear about the knee surgery.
Purple – Congratulations on handling the buffet with such grace!
Snflrgrl1962 - :welcome2:
Math – Great job with your self motivation for the gym!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

scoobie74
03-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Good morning! Friday night I did not get to go for my walk because it was pretty cold here. Saturday and Sunday I went for 2 mile walks each day with my son. I am hoping that it warms up enough here today to take him for a long walk. By the end of the week it is suppose to be in the 60's so I am hoping to start 3 mile walks! I did also get my running shoes dug out of the closet.

Schmoodle
03-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi chicks! I am happy to report another on-plan day! I was worried because we took DD1 out for her 21st birthday and she wanted sushi, which I love and is not on my plan. However the sushi place she wanted to go to was closed, so we ended up at a tavern-y place, and I was able to get a salad, steamed veggies, and a yummy rare tuna steak. My scale still has not budged, but that's no biggie. I am in for a drop soon, I can just feel it!

Rhonda, you are not starting over, just picking up where you left off! You definitely need to figure out a plan to deal with those ladies nights. We'll have to see what we can come up with. And maintaining is much better than the third alternative!

So glad you had a good day BeverlyJoy! Today will be another one!

I'll be back in a bit to come up with a plan. Right now, I've gotta walk the kids to school. See ya!

Okay, today:
B: Chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk, 3 slices turkey bacon, tomato juice
S: hardboiled egg
L: Refried beans with salsa and cheese, raw carrots
S: latte, SB snack bar
D: marinara sauce over veggies (DH making spag & meatballs)
S: yogurt with slivered almonds

mj5
03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
I am working a weird shift today so I can accomodate some staff training. I am not pleased about doing it, but will be glad to get it done! This is a really hectic week--seems like something 'extra' to do almost every night, but I will NOT let that throw me off!

This am I got up and did a 2 mile watp dvd. If I get a sticker today, I will have earned my pedi! I SO need it...kinda feel bad for the person who will get stuck doing it....my feet are really icky...

I hopped on the scale and it hasn't moved...I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I know I am still bloated--I am getting too much sodium from somewhere--need to pay more attention to food this week, once that goes down there WILL be a loss, I just can't officially count it yet. I know it is not all about the # on the scale. I also know I am doing good things--making healthier food choices, working out regularly--this is all good stuff! I can feel the changes, so it's all good!

This week is going to be a bit hit and miss w/ the gym--I will go tomorrow (can't tonight b/c of work, and Wed the dogs have a vet appt)-so I have to make the most of my workout time.

I saw an interesting commercial this am--it said for every pound you lose, you take 4lbs of pressure off your knees. I wonder if that's true? I'll have to ask my ortho next time I see him.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off! Good for you for getting right back on plan!

Rhonda--Sounds like a great goal. You know what you need to do and we are here for you!

Scoobie--Great job w/ the walks!

Schmoodle--Great job!!! I am SO w/ you on the scale...it is getting frustrating for me, but I will NOT give up! I know I am doing good things!

Purple--Fantastic job at the buffet!

Math puppy--Great job getting to the gym!

txmomma--How are you?

K, gotta finish getting ready for work! Have a great on plan day!

bigtxmomma
03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey guys!

Sigh, last night we went out for Indian food. Soooooooooo good. I had tandoori chicken. Sooooooooo good. I didn't overeat, and I savored every bite, and that was even more pleasurable than stuffing my face. So I'm so glad about that.

I woke up early and showered and am headed to the Y. I'm going to try out the morning thing.

Yay mj! Taxes are over!! Woohoo!! The scale will move soon. I can feel it. Are you drinking lots of water? You exercise so much. Oh yea, what the heck do you do at the gym? For now I'm sticking to the cardio stuff. Do you know how to use the weight lifting thingies?

Beverly, good for you for having a talk with yourself. I get weak around rolls and butter. =/ It sounds like you had a nice supper with your neighbors. =D And that's awesome you had a good op day yesterday. =D

Rhonda, the weekends are so hard. =/ My plans got foiled each weekend for the first month I was on here. Then I started getting fixated on my Monday morning weigh-ins, which is the ONLY motivation I have for not going off plan on the weekends now. =/ Plus then you can have a slightly higher calorie day after a weigh in to give you something to look forward to. But you can do this. ONDERLAND IS WAITINGGGGGGGGGGGG FOR YOU!

Schmoodle, I'm glad you were able to have such a good dinner out. =D I bet the scale will budge for you soon!!

Scoobie, good job with the walks!!!!!!!

Math, a controlled binge is way better than an out of control, flinging the oreos in your face binge imo!! Did you tap your cravings away? Yay on going to the gym. =D

Purple, YAYYYYYYYYYYY! You do so well at the buffet. You should be proud of yourself. =D

Welcome, snflgrl! Nice menu. =D

mj5
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi again! Ok, so it’s technically lunchtime, but I have only been at work for an hour….since I want to stay on track w/ my eating, I am going to eat my lunch now and have a snack before I start training this afternoon…SO glad I don’t work this odd shift every day!

Txmomma—Mmm, Indian food, sounds yummy! Great job not overeating! How did it go at the Y? What did you do there today? Lately I have been doing a little more cardio—either treadmill or bike, but last week I FINALLY started adding the weight training again. For my legs I use the machines—they are very similar to the ones I used at pt, so I am comfortable w/ them. For my upper body, my brother showed me a free weight routine. I am hoping he will have some spare time soon so he can show me how to change it up—I think one of the reason I have been avoiding it is because I am bored w/ it. That and sometimes I still struggle w/ feeling intimidated walking into that weight room--most of the time I am the only woman and definitely the most out of shape. Usually I just turn up my music and walk right in, but every once it a while it 'gets' to me.....I WILL be doing arms/shoulders tomorrow. See, now that I have posted it, I have to! Plus, I really want to wear a tank top this summer and my arms are SO not ready ;)

Have a great day!

I am drinking lots of water, but I am going to try upping that too and see if that helps.

kissingginger
03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone!

So our family has been struck again by another bug. Yesterday I was in bed all day and we had 2 sick kids. It was quite the day. Luckily hubby has been healthy, but feeling under the weather too. He's still in bed recovering from lost sleep.

I mentioned a post or so ago about something that happened so here goes: The incident that scared me so much happened at a neighbors house. I was right with her when her baby (7 months old) chocked on a inch and 1/2 piece of ceramic tile that was shaped in a V. It was the scariest moment of my life, and the closest I have been to witnessing a near-death. The mum stuck her hand down her throat and tried to rip it out (I know you aren't supposed to do that) and she finally riped it out, blood everywhere...the mum was freaking out, and all I could remember to tell her from CPR was that if she's crying = she's breathing...because it was at least a minute or so where she couldn't breathe at all. Anyhow, reflecting back on it, lots of things weren't done right, but ultimately the baby is fine now and that's all that matters.

Anyhow, I'm still on track. The scale has not budged. I'm still sitting at 252. It's okay though. I'm hoping for a better week next week.

Cheers,
Ginger

bigtxmomma
03-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh dear lord, Ginger. =( That's so scary. I got a tense feeling in the pit of my stomach from just reading about it -- I can't imagine how frightening it would have been to be there. =( =(

I'm sorry you guys are sick, too. =( =( Lucky DH that he didn't get the bug. Illnesses always seem to miss my DH, too. Good job maintaining!!

Yea, I went to the Y. It was insanely crowded! I had to wait for a treadmill, lol. It's deserted on the weekends. I like it crowded, tho. But I did 20 min on the bike, interval mode. I got a good sweat. Then I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes.

Right now I'm just doing cardio because the weight room intimidates me too much! I totally know what you mean, mj. I look in and see all these buff guys or tiny little teenagers hanging off the buff guys. =/ I think I'll take a class at the women's center at the Y. They have small 4-person classes on weight lifting. I bet once I actually know how to use the equipment, I won't be as frightened. =/

And yea, now you HAVE to do arms and shoulders tomorrow!!!!!! =D lol You're committed to it now.

mj5
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi again!!! Yea, training is over! At least it was pretty interactive.

Ginger--OMG! I cannot even imagine how scary that must have been!! The good news is, the baby is ok!!! Hope you are all feeling better at your house!

txmomma--Good for you for going to the Y and working up a sweat!!! Knowing how to use the equipment is key! That way you won't hurt yourself or look like a dork (two things I am worried about!). Yep, that's why I posted it here....now I have to do it!

Ok, it's time to go...have a great night!

Darkblue
03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok, the week is starting off well thus far.

Breakfast--hot tea w/ one tsp real sugar, Raisin Bran, skim milk, apple juice

Lunch--turkey/broccoli/cheese Lean Pocket, small can of V8, whole banana, water

Dinner--I deliberately ate less earlier in the day, to budget calories for this meal. DH was here for dinner tonight, which is somewhat rare.

--roast pork tenderloin and mushrooms--cooked in a mixture of lt Italian dressing, apricot nectar, Dijon mustard
--mashed potatos, iced tea, green beans with onion
--made gravy for the rest of the family and limited myself to one small spoonful
--one Oreo

Believe it or not, less than 1500 k/cal, and ~ 22g fiber Whoot!

April points challenge begins tomorrow...am hoping I can do it.

-----------------------

GirlyGirl--you can do it, take control on the weekends, don't let errands and dining out, family/friends keep you from your goal.

Schmoodle--am with you on the scale not budging situation. It's frustrating, but at least we are making better food choices.

mj5--four pounds of pressure off the knees? That's a goal in itself!

Txmomma--good for you, staying in control and eating slowly at the restaurant!

Ginger--that's really, really scary. I hope the baby's throat was okay afterwards from the scratches.

You all are so good about going to the gym! However do you find the time?

math puppy
04-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Hey gang. Im not sure if I counted my cals right today because I guesstimated. (felt a little lazy) but ive been doing this long enough that I think im pretty accurate. (hope)
I was a little worried when I didn’t at all feel hungry in the evening. Not stomach growl, just jones-ing for a snack. But the feeling finally came so I know I was at least close tonight. I only have two more lbs till I can take another progress pic!! Im so excited. I hope I can lose 2 this week!

Been looking at cat pictures all night on flickr.com i gotta get back to that. There are some sweet pics on there.

Chow for now meyow.

Bev- onplan days! There is no better feeling!

Girlygirl- “only one thing is 100% certain, the hard times will come” im glad you are battling it. And its not starting over! You have lost 35lbs already, just keep going. You cant do it Rhonda!

Schmoodle- hee hee, the sushi bar was closed because someone up there is smiling down on your plan. ;)

Ginger- that’s soooo scary! Glad everything was okay. I choked on a mint when I was like, 4. I don’t remember it and considering it probably isn’t be a fun memory I’m glad.

Mj- 4lbs off the knees? That’s a little fishy. Let me know what your ortho says. Hey, did you get your sticker? Don’t leave us hanging!

Bigtxmomma- I love how much you have been going to the y! im so proud of you. I like to lift weights (I noticed you asking mj about that) but I don’t know much about it either. I just do the stuff I learned when I had sessions with a trainer (always money well spent) and some stuff I learned from books at the library on weight lifting. Going to a class would be great! Let me know how it works out.

Darkblue- of course you can! Good luck

Beverlyjoy
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi Chickies! Yesterday was a good on plan day - I am grateful.

Today I go for my yearly check up, pap, labs and all. It's at 9:30 this morning. By the time it's over and I then take my thyroid med and wait an hour before I eat, it will be close to 11 am before I eat.

My taxes are about half done. Yay...getting there. Being self employed takes lots of time to add up and figure out deductions, etc. Then...I'll take it to the accountant.:dizzy:

DH started his new position yesterday. It's at the same company. He'll be home more - which is nice. :) I told him up front that I have been doing well with my eating for months. And that he needs to eat healthy along with me - I am not willing to fix unhealthy meals just because he is home more for dinner. I am grateful that he smiled thru pancake night last night ;) He says he's anxious to start grilling again. Spring weather is here!

more taxes
doctor appointment
stretches (done!)
meditation
lots of water
journal/log food
PMA

Brunch - kashi waffle, egg white scramble with ketchup, soy bacon, applesauce
snack - cottage cheese and pineapple, crackers
dinner - Turkey polish sausage, sweet potato, asparagus

Rhonda - Everyday is a new beginning. You can do this. Take it one day or meal at time. Drink lots of wanter. We are here to cheer you on or hold your hand.

Math - glad you did well with your food. Great goal - two more pounds and you'll do another picture. GREAT.

Dark Blue - great plan! Good luck with the challenge.

Mj5- Glad to hear the training went well. Good job with the water. Did you get your sticker...oooo- you're getting so close to your pedicure.

Ginger - oh my goodness - so, so scary - the choking incident. How is the baby now? I hope you and the family feel better soon.

txmamma - Maybe someone at the Y can show you how to use all the workout equipment. Your class will help...Great! Wonderful job on eating the indian food slowly and really enjoying it.

Schmoodle. YAY- so glad to hear about another on plan day. Don't worry about the scale. You and I are similar in that - the scale moves in it's own time not depending on whether or not we deserve it to go down.

Scoobie - great job on the walk....running shoes are coming out!

I hope you all have a terrific day. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

mj5
04-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Good Morning! We are getting teased w/ some Spring weather today! Then it is supposed to get cold again...it's ok, though. I'll take it!!

darkblue--I know, I hope that is true! I'll let you know what I find out!

mathpuppy--Next time I go to my ortho I'll ask...I just wrote myself a note so I'll remember...

beverlyjoy--Good luck at your appt...not that you'll need it, of course! Yea for having dh home more! Good for you for not cooking two meals, I don't either. YEA for taxes almost being done!

purple--How are you doing?

Rhonda--How are you?

Sara--How's the knee doing?

Now I know my efforts are paying off....today I am wearing a shirt that has ultra short sleeves and buttons up the front. It was quite snug when I bought it, but was on clearance, so I bought it anyway. The arms fit great and it is actually loose now! The jeans I am wearing were snug in the hips and are now loose!!! I would still like to see the scale move, but it's ok!!!!

Today I WILL go to the gym and hit the weight room--arms/shoulders today. This am I did a 2 mile walk slim dvd and I was sweating up a storm! I did most of the intervals, too.

For those wondering....YES, I earned my sticker! Pedicure here I come!!! Now I just have to find the time to fit it in! It may take a couple of weeks, but that's ok, I know I have earned it! Now I have to pick a new reward! I really want a new pair of sandals--to show off my pedi, so maybe that will be it, not sure though.....

GirlyGirlSebas
04-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

This is the first workday morning in quite a while that I've been bright eyed and bushy tailed. I actually went to bed early last night and got a full 8 hours of sleep. Wow...I can't believe the difference that sleep makes in how I view my world in the morning! I'm getting tons of work finished and I'm actually looking forward to working out today. Maybe this night owl needs to change her feathers.:)

Scoobie - Congratulations on being so dedicated with your walking.
MJ & Shcmoodle- Don't let those scales get you down. Just keep doing your thing and the scales will catch up eventually.
Ginger - I'm so sorry to hear that you and your family are battling illness again. I hope all of you get well quickly. The incident with your friend's baby must have been terrifying!
Momma - It sounds like the Y is working very well for you. Waiting on the equipment and having to limit myself to 30 minutes was the only drawback for me...Hubby and I work from home, so we used to go at lunchtime to avoid the crowds.
Darkblue - Your dinner sounds incredibly yummy!
Math - I hope you get to take your pictures this week.
Beverly - Its so nice that you'll have more time with Hubby. Hope everything goes well with your appointment and lab work this morning.

Today is the first day of a brand new month. We are now 1/4 of the way through our year and I've not made much progress at all...4 pounds lost. I know that I could really lose much more than a pound or so each month, so I'm renewing my commitment today. No more playing around. I really want to be in Onederland by my birthday and it is not a unrealistic goal...provided I do the work!

Schmoodle
04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Good morning ladies. No sticker for me for yesterday. :( It was not horrible, but I ate some candies and a piece of bread I shouldn't have. It was a long, exhausting, stressful day, and it was rainy and my ankle was hurting, and I had a sinus headache all day, so it was a moment of weakness.
Oh well, I got a good night's sleep last night and I am home all day today. I know today will be on plan. I only need four more stickers before I can progress to Phase II, so hopefully by the weekend I'll be adding some oatmeal and fruit. :carrot:
I still haven't lost anything, and despite my couple of stumbles, I have been 95% on-plan for the last eight days and spot-on with my exercise for the entire month, exceeding my goal by 400 minutes. So I'll wait it out and if that scale hasn't moved in another two weeks, I will officially consider this a plateau and try some different things to shake it up. Hopefully April will be a stellar month, and I will get my butt into the 180's.

mj, I am with you. Sometimes we just have to wait it out, I guess. It's times like this that my stubbornness becomes an asset! I will have earned my pedi! I SO need it...kinda feel bad for the person who will get stuck doing it....my feet are really icky...:joker: Congrats on your sticker - look out pedicurist!

bigtx, great job on the Indian food! Hope you are enjoying the Y! We are all in the same boat. Did somebody call a scale strike or something? Or does someone holding the weight loss fairy hostage? C'mon ladies, share already! I am jealous your taxes are done. That's what I'll be doing this weekend.:(

ginger, glad to see you back. Maybe we will all drop a bunch of weight at once! What a scary thing that happened! So glad everything turned out all right.

darkblue, your dinner sounds yummy! I guess it's all of us! How weird.

Hi mathpuppy, :wave: hope you found some cute kitties!

Hope your checkup went well Beverlyjoy, and hurray for another on-plan day!

Rhonda, I am not worth anything if I don't get my sleep. Well, I'm not worth a whole lot when I do get it, but at least I've got a little more energy! Here's to a fantastic April!

Here's today:
B: scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, tomato juice, coffee with milk
S: a piece of cheese
L: Tomato and roasted pepper soup, cottage cheese with chopped veggies
S: Chocolate Cheesecake smoothie
D: Meatloaf and sauteed spinach

The kids are expecting a special April fools dinner tonight. Last year I made meatloaf in muffin cups and "frosted" it with dyed mashed potatoes to look like cupcakes, along with "grilled cheese sandwiches" made out of pound cake slices and orange frosting. Tonight I'll make them a meatloaf out of cocoa crispy marshmallow treats, and mashed potatoes and gravy with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. But this year I am feeling guilty for feeding them junk. They would be so disappointed if I didn't do it though. I should make their meatloaf out of liver or something and turnip mashed potatoes - that would be a real April Fool's joke!

Beverlyjoy
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Schmoodle....I am sorry that you are at a plateau. :hug: It's not fair! All that hard work...yes, it is hard work to stay eating healthfully and exercise and all. You deserve to see that scale go down! :tantrum: Have you had your thyroid checked. Or - even talk to a dietician or nutritionist. Maybe only weigh once a month. I wish I knew what to so. Hang in there!!! I am proud that you've planned to an on plan day even when the scale hasn't co-operated.

I LOVE the fun things you do for the children for April Fool's day. Very neat.:D

kissingginger
04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone!

Rhonda - hang in there, I'm hoping you have a rockin next few months before your birthday. Visualize that goal and maybe it will help you achieve the results you want.

Schmoodle - hang in there with the plateau. I'm feeling it too. The last thing we want to do is stress over it, cause it just makes it worse.

Mj5- awesome on the loose shirt!! Wow - that must feel nice. Reminds me I need to shop for a "target outfit".

BeverlyJoy - have DH home more will be nice. I love having a DH who is home so much :)

Math- I understand about being worried about not feeling hungry at night....now for me it's just cravings, not real hunger - I think it will always be in my mind, but hopefully I can change that.

darkblue - 22 grams of fiber - oh My! Sounds fantabulous! Good meal plan :)

Txmomma - sorry to hear the Y is so crowded, but good on ya for going!!. I feel blessed I don't go to the gym, although someday I want to be able (have the time away from kids) to go. Can you talk to the Y and ask to have a trainer take you around and show you the weights? I don't think they charge for that at the Y (or at least they didn't last time I went there).

Okay, so today I am 100% committed. I am now using the PC fitday. I am so excited. I put in my measurements etc, my weight and a goal for two months from now.

Cheers,
ginger

GirlyGirlSebas
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
I am now using the PC fitday.

Ginger, thank you for the encouragement. It means so much to me to know that you ladies are own my side and are cheering me on.

Question for you...I'm finally getting my own laptop.:carrot: Never had one and have always wanted one. Hubby is going back to school to study programming...but, he is saying that the laptop is primarily mine...and, not the kids! We have three computers here....my work one, hubby's work one and the family computer...and, I can never get any time on any of them after hours. Plus, I can't download anything to my work computer. I'm very interested in the PC version of Fitday. Can you tell me how it differs from the on-line version? Also, is it costly? Although we budgeted for the laptop, money is a bit tight.

Purplefirefly
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
:fr: I always get myself into these problems of being too nice, and I don't know why. I have been doing good, OP, haven't had any sugar in almost a week (which is why I'm OP and feeling so good), now my neighbor catches us when I get home from picking up my daughter and asks if we want to buy some chocolate bars from her grandson (she's raising him) for his school. The kids charge the fence screaming "YES!" and I end up buying 5...only because she is telling me how shy he is, and he is a very nice quiet boy we know well, and I want to help him out. Then, I offered to take him along with us to Tyler's Tball game tonight, so he could sell some more...they apparently misunderstand and pass the whole box over the fence, saying they hope I can sell some. Now I have an entire box of chocolate bars on my dining room table and I am MORE SHY than him, and I have to sell them myself I am too stupid to say "no, I meant you come with us and sell yourself" I just took them like an idiot and walked into the house frustrated with myself.

Why do I do this to myself...why can't I keep my big mouth shut and just let him worry about his own problems? I have to stop volunteering for things and learn to not be so nice...hubby is always telling me I am too nice for my own good, but when I have a good idea for someone I just can't keep quiet...and then I end up doing the work for them.

The chocolate hasn't been much of a temptation, but I am really nervous now about having to ask people to buy this stuff...and it's not even for me or my kids!

Purplefirefly
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
mj--who cares what the scale says, look at what your clothes are saying :dance: that is the best mark of results you could ask for.

Rhonda--wow, i didn't even realize we're a quarter of the way through 2008 already...seems it was just the new year :lol: I have not made as much progress as I would like either, time to kick it in gear.

schmoodle--why wait so long to call it a plateau? You can shake things up now and see what happens, couldn't ya? Maybe you're just more patient than I am ;) You know you are still getting healthier even without the scale moving so hang in there and keep going. I admire you because I always want to give up when I hit those plateaus. I love your april fools dinner ideas, so cute!

mj5
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey everyone! I am just wrapping things up and getting ready to head to the gym. Gotta do that arm/shoulder workout today!

Purple--I often find myself in the same spot....it's hard to say no, but I have learned to do it...sometimes. The good news is, the chocolate will most likely sell itself. You CAN do it, I know you CAN!

I have to stop at the store after the gym, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to pop back in later or not....

bigtxmomma
04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm having a blah day, and I'm trying to improve my mood. By doing laundry.

So I'll be back later for personals.

mj5
04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
txmomma--really? Improve your mood by doing laundry? Does that work for you? I really dislike doing laundry, so it wouldn't help me. Of course, my dh is quick to point out that the machine 'does' the laundry....of course, hello? who puts it in there?! Hope you are feeling better!

I did it! I went to the gym and did my arm/shoulder workout. Then I did 20 intense mins on the treadmill thanks to the person next to me--he was running and I didn't want to look like a slacker! LOL! Seriously, though, w/ someone next to me going faster I do tend to push myself a bit more. Guess I should have thanked him! As usual, I was the only woman in the free weight room, but I just turned up my music and did my thing. I kinda looked around just to remind myself that no one was looking at me (they weren't, of course). I wish I could bottle that 'after workout feeling' so I could remember how good it feels on those days when I am dragging my butt around trying to find a 'reason' (aka excuse) not to go to the gym!!!

Unfortunately I can't go to the gym tomorrow (did I just say unfortunately?!). Both dogs have to go to the vet...nothing bad--routine stuff, but two dogs at the vet means two people need to go. I will make sure I do a good walk slim workout in the am.

It's almost time for American Idol (we will dvr Biggest Loser). Gotta go!

Hope everyone is have an on plan day!

snflrgrl1962
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
snflgrl -:D:D :welcome: :D:DYour menu/plan looks great. I am so glad you found us. What does HNS stand for??

It stands for high nutrient supplement. They sell them at Metabolic Research Center.

Darkblue
04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Menu today--

Breakfast--1C steel-cut oatmeal with organic raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar, microwave bacon--35 cal for two slices, tangerine juice, 1C skim milk

Lunch--
YoPlus Yogurt, 1/2 can bean/bacon soup, 1C black grapes

Dinner, leftovers from last night--pork roast, mushrooms, mashed potatos, green beans

1 L water

less than 1500 k/cal, 25 g fiber

Did arm/shoulder weights on home gym.

--------------------------------

mj5--what do you get stickers for? Congrats on the shirt--that rocks! I can't wait to get back into some of my "old" clothes!

Beverly--hope the appts went well. Congrats on the taxes progress!

Schmoodle--love the April Fools dinner! One unhealthy night of food won't hurt the kids, and they'll remember their way-cool mom forever because of it.

Purple--ugh, that stinks. I know how you feel--you want to say something and it just doesn't come out quickly enough. Good luck with the candy--and the neighbors better be grateful!

GirlyGirl--cool, a new laptop! You'll have fun with it. How good is it to have one all for yourself and not have to share!

math puppy
04-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Another OP day! Hurray! And another evening where my body keeps nagging me to snack on something (anything) just snack! No, no, body. I’ve developed some sweet new skillz. Tapping skillz, that is. I finally saw the “I can make you thin with paul mckenna” episode where they teach you how to tap away the cravings. Bigtxmomma, you will be happy to know I did a little tap dance on my face earlier today, then ran out the door before cravings came back. Ha!

Went to kungfu class got a mediocre work out. Hopefully ill get a better work out tomorrow. I have to get my food handlers permit tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be as nice as it was today so I can take a nice walk at the park between work and the FH Permit class. Walking is nice and relaxing.

Good night!

Bevjoy- :P having to wait for breakfast is no fun imo.

Mj- yes! Spring was in Seattle today! Oh wow! Isn’t It great when clothing fits better! Im getting that too and its so exciting! great job working out. Im usually one of the only girls in the weight room too. Well, sometimes there is another girl, but they never pick up anything bigger then 3lbs! meanwhile im grunting way with my bicep curls… heh (cept I don’t actually grunt)

Girlygirlsebas- wow, sleep makes a big difference, I just hate going to bed. I think ill try tonight since you gave me inspiration. Hey 4lbs is nothing to turn your nose at, its still a loss and not a gain! I know you can reach your onederland goal, its all about determination. Right! 3fc is a great place for pep talks when you need them right? ;)

Schmoodle- awww no sticker :( . I hate it when that happens. But hey, dust yourself off and try again right? Hope those scales start moving! Im glad your not letting it get you down. Just keep that attitude and I know you will achieve your goals!
Wow you have cute April fools ideas! That’s adorable!

Ginger- wow 2 months! Now that’s a plan!

Purple- oh no! let us know how it went.

Darkblue- did you have an op day? Hope so :)

Purplefirefly
04-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Morning, everyone :wave: I ended up returning the candy to the neighbor and offering he could ride with us (as I originally invited anyway) if he wanted to try to sell it. It was the first nice day that my son had a game and I wanted to be taking pictures, not selling someone else's candy. I decided it was time to be fair to myself, so I went over there and said I could not do it, and I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. he opted not to go with me, and I realized if he doesn't care about selling it, why should I miss watching and taking pics to do it for him? this opens my eyes a lot about the way I put myself out there way too much for people.

I don't have time for personals right now, gotta get kids up and out the door.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi Accountability Partners!

Just stopping in for a minute to let you all know that I'm 100% on-plan for the first time in a while....and, I love this feeling! Hubby and I went walking around the neighborhood for lunch yesterday...a full 50 minutes of hills. We're hoping to do it again today.

I'll check back in later today for personals. We have a big conference call today and I need to make sure I'm prepared.

Schmoodle
04-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Morning chicks, here's my day!
B: Fried egg, turkey bacon, coffee
S: Cup of roasted red pepper and tomato soup
L: Leftover meatloaf and sauteed cabbage
S: Mocha cheesecake smoothie
D: Mediterranean Chicken, mashed turnip
S: Yogurt with slivered almonds

The kids enjoyed their dinner last night. It turned out pretty cute.

Hooray Rhonda!:carrot:
purple, you did exactly the right thing about the candy. I'm proud of you. I used to have the nice disease. What cured me was having a "friend" that took total advantage of me every chance she got until I learned to say no. Although we are not friends any more, I always think of her fondly because I feel like she gave me a great gift! I think that, and getting older and not caring as much whether people liked me or not!
mathpuppy, my friend has been telling me about those weightloss techniques. She says they have helped her. I keep trying to catch that show and missing it (or falling asleep). I hope they rebroadcast!

I'll be back later for more personals ladies, hope you all have a great day. Time to get the kids out the door!

mj5
04-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Good Morning! I have that good, but sore feeling this am! It got up a little late, so I only had time for a one mile watp dvd. No time for the gym later, so I'll try to work something else in when I get home.

darkblue--I did arm/shoulder weights yesterday too! I have set up a reward system for myself. I choose a reward for myself. Then each on plan day (exercise, water goal, healthy food choices) I give myself a sticker. When I accumulate 14 stickers--they don't have to be consecuitve, but I will "boost my reward" if they are, I get my reward. I just "earned" a pedicure--now I just have to find time to go get it....now I have to choose a new reward. I have found that this helps me stay focused.

Schmoodle--How was the April Fools Dinner? That sounds like fun!

Rhonda--That's great about the laptop! Great job!!!!!

math puppy--Great job! Hope you get a nice walk in today! Oh, the grunting...it almost always makes me giggle!!! I've always wondered if it really helps, or if it's more for effect?!

purple--Good for you!!!! Did you get some great pics?

txmomma--How are you? Did doing laundry do the trick? If so, wanna come do mine?

beverlyjoy--How did pt go yesterday?

Sara--How are you holding up?

I am going to a training today called "Get off the Couch--What's Your Excuse?". It sounds really intersting AND they will have a healthy lunch for us.

I am also paying more attention to what I am eating. The sodium bloating is finally gone and I am trying to increase my protien and fiber. We'll see if that helps. Between that and mixing up my workouts a bit I am sure I will see more results--even if not on the scale, in my clothes.

K, gotta run. Have a great on plan day!

bigtxmomma
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi, beautiful ladies!!!!

I'm doing better today. I was in a foul mood yesterday because my neck hurt -- I slept poorly, and it was one of those things where your neck hurts when you look to one side. And I had a bug up my butt to do a lot of cleaning, but it kept hurting to move my head, and I couldn't figure out why I was in such a terrible mood.

Anyway, I didn't exercise because I didn't want to hurt it, so that made me feel bad. I feel better today. My neck only hurts if I swing my head suddenly, so I'm going to head over to the Y with DD before we go to pick up our stuff from the co-op.

Yay mj! Glad you're sore today. :drill: LOL that's awesome getting inspired by the person next to you. Do you generally aim for a low sodium diet? I've noticed I just feel bloated after I eat high sodium food, esp when I went on a hot dog kick a week or two ago. Let us know if you learn anything cool from your training sessions. :rofl: about the machine doing the laundry! It did cheer me up a little. I broke down and washed DH's stinky laundry for him. It made me happy because I could hold it over his head for a while and not feel guilty about the house being messy. lol

Rhonda, WOOHOO for being 100% on plan!!!!!!!!! =D That is awesome!!! :bravo:

Beverly, I hope your labs turn out well! I'm sure they will. =D Congrats to DH for his new position. And how nice that he'll be home more!!!!

Purple, good for you for returning the candy. That was the best thing you could have done. And I'm so glad you did, esp if he can't even be bothered to go along with you to do it himself.

Schmoodle, wow the April Fool's dinner ... brilliant. I lol'ed at the liver meatloaf. hahahahahahhaahhaa. =D

:rofl: Math! Hahahahahha! I like your tap & run tactic! You know, I noticed that a couple girls I was watching didn't have ANY resistance on the weights they were using. They were just flopping the things back and forth. Anyway congrats on another OP day!!!!!! Have you started to visualize maggots on your food?

Nice menu, Darkblue! =D And your fiber levels have really gone up, it seems. =D

Ginger, yay for being 100% committed again! =D You can do this!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi there....yesterday was an on plan day - I am grateful.

Had my physical and once again I had to point out to the doctor how much weight I've lost. She never pays attention. I told her that I don't expect a hug or anything...but, I would like an acknowledgement of my efforts. She was a little taken aback when I said that. So she did tell me how happy she was to see I was able to lose weight. I'll get my labs back in a couple of weeks.

I got on the scale and stayed the same. It will come off next week. I am not going to fret about it. It amazes me that I can accept what the scale says and not have it sending me to the food bag. Maybe I am growing in that area.

PT
stretches
journal/log food
lots of water
meditation (done!)
Taxes
Paperwork
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - "Eggplant Parmesean", garlic toast, green beans
snack - lite cheese toast, apple
dinner - ham & lite cheese wrap, mushrooms
snack - cereal, fruit, flax, skim milk

I hope you are all doing well! I"ll try to get back for personals later.

patchymama
04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Good morning ladies!

I am happy to report I have been on plan for 3 days, today being #4! Actually I think I have been slightly below my points every night, not sure how that has happened LOL It helps that a mama board I am on is doing a "biggest loser" type challenge and I really want to win the cash LOL

Besides that the wonderful here is beautiful so we have been trying to take advantage and be outside. It won't be long before its too hot to be outside for too long.

My plan for today:
Breakfast - 100 calorie english muffins with peanut butter
snack - yogurt, grapes
lunch - salad with chicken
dinner- splurging on a meatball sub

Hope everyone has a great day :)

kissingginger
04-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I am suffering a bit today - my back still aches (I think I hurt it when I was sick on the weekend TMI - can you throw your back out by throwing up???) It's keeping me from exercising and I'm not happy about it. Going to see a specialist today - it's nothing serious --I just don't want to face it = anxiety. I've got all my daycare kids today (DH watches them when I go to the Dr.). I made steelcut oats for breakfast, but DH made waffles for him/the kids so I had one with 2 tsp. sugarfree syrop and 1 cup of chopped strawberries instead. I feel like I cheated, but fitday says - only 103 cal and 3 grams of fat for the 1 waffle. They were made from scratch, so I have no idea if it's right or not. So I've put the oats in the fridge. I think I'll have a smaller portion for my morning snack with blueberries. TOM arrived. I'm not happy about that. I think generally I'm in a foul mood. I'm mad because my back hurts. I'm just MAD!!!

Oh well, if it's still around in a few more days, here I go to the Dr. again. So many appointments this month.

Thanks for letting me dump it all out,
Ginger

scoobie74
04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Monday night I did not do any excercise. Last night, it was too cold to go for a walk, but I did do some stretches and excercises inside. Tonight, I am going to go for a walk (at least 2 miles) and do some more stretches.

mj5
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi again! My training was ok...not anything terribly new. One thing I heard was that caffeine can make you retain fluid--I don't think I knew that. I know I haven't been drinking my decaff tea lately and have been having an extra mug of coffee every now and then, maybe that's part of my problem? The rest was about how it's important to exercise and it's never too late to start, important to have the right footwear....yea, I could have pretty much done that part of it! Oh well, it was still interesting to hear. Beats real work any day! Plus they gave us all pedometers!

beverlyjoy--Good for you for speaking up to your doctor! Shame on her for not paying attention!

patchy--YEA for 4 days in a row!

ginger--yes, it's possible....It actually happens to my sister quite often. I hope you feel better soon!

Scoobie--I hope you get to go for your walk tonight!

Gotta run...tonight is another busy night...both dogs to the vet and we have to make our grocery list. I lead such an exciting life, don't I?

mj5
04-02-2008, 03:44 PM
oh, I almost forgot...at one point, one of the trainers was talking about why athletes wear the spandex type shorts (I forget what he called them)...to "hold everything together"....txmomma...I started laughing about your comment about jiggling all over and needing an allover body suit from the other day....he asked me if I wanted to share which only made me laugh harder!!!!

Darkblue
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
On plan again today, yay!

Breakfast--2 Kashi wheat/oat waffles, with tsp of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup, 1C tangerine juice, 2C skim milk, hot tea, low-cal bacon (35 cal)

Lunch--Lean Pocket, small can of V8 juice, banana

Dinner--homemade chicken soft taco--4oz chicken breast, 1/3C refried beans, lots of lettuce, a couple chopped black olives, sprinkle of cheese, picante sauce, whole wheat tortilla

Hershey's mini dark chocolate piece

Right at 1600 k/cal (high end for me, but I was starving all day for some reason) 19g fiber, 1L water

Arm/shoulder exercises on home gym

----------------------------------------------------

Math Puppy, I hear you on the snack cravings. They hit me around 3:30 every day. How do you "tap away the cravings?" Kung Fu class sounds like it could be a great workout. I took Tae Kwon Do in college and it really kicked my backside.

Purple--you rock--good for you, taking the candy back to the neighbors!

mj5--how ws the training? Any ideas or advice?

Txmomma--am glad you're better today! A stiff neck is such a nuisance.

Beverly--I'm glad you pointed out to the doctor that you'd lost weight and asked for kudos. I think doctors need to praise as much as fuss at patients. Some don't seem to do either... :( I'd like mine to notice things, too.

Patchy--congrats! Four days on plan is great!

Ginger--hope your back feels better soon.

bigtxmomma
04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey guys! I had a good day today. I exercised at the Y twice, 40 mins each time, and went swimming! And I'm having a terrible body image day. I'm just super irritable for really no reason. EVERYONE is getting on my nerves. I'll probably be better tomorrow.

Beverly, I'm so glad you pointed out your weight loss to your physician. I like how you phrased it, that you didn't expect a hug. lol =D Acknowledgement would be really important to me, too. Esp when your dr is supposed to be caring for your whole well being. =D

Nice menu, Darkblue!

Hi Patchy, congrats for 3 days OP! Woohoo! Enjoy your weather while you can. =D

Ginger, grrrrrrrrr! Sucks to your back! I hope you feel better soon.

Schoobie, hope you had a good walk tonight!

:rofl: @ the jiggling, mj. We should patent a full body bra AND THEN MAKE SOME MONEY OFF THE FATTIES! :dance: I'm glad you didn't share your story. :rofl: God. This is priceless. I keep laughing.

=D

math puppy
04-03-2008, 02:29 AM
hey gang i read all your posts i just dont have time to do personals for everyone (tear). i wanted to check in and let you all know i blew it today, i made it 300 cals past my upper limit, and i still keep wanting to snack! ugh!! ill just keep in mind that you all are gonna ask me if i snacked the night away, and hopfully that will push me to find other alternitives to eating.

bigtxmomma- maggots in food? ewwwww, i havent seen that episode. but ill try that tonight!

darkblue- its a method from "i can make you thin!" with paul mckenna. you tap spots on your face and hands. ill explain more when i have time if you like. :) i just dont have time right now!

im off!! you all have a good night. stay strong! :sumo:

Beverlyjoy
04-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi folks...yesterday was an on plan day. :) I am grateful. Our cousins called last night to go out for ice cream- I am grateful I was willing to get sugar free fat free ice cream and could fit it in at 240 calories. :)

- Storytelling this morning in New Albany
- Afternoon - get to help spend $1200 on books at Borders for our literacy program. I'll sit and organize, I think

water
journal/log food
stretches
ice/heat
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb on ww toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese with crutons, green beans, red pepper strips
snack - ff lattee, apple
dinner - salmon, rice, veggies (going out)

I need to go practice my stories. I'll try and get back for personals later. Thanks to everyone. Hope you all have a GREAT day.:D:D

mj5
04-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi everyone! I did a really intense 2 mile walk slim this morning! I actually wanted to do more, but I had to get ready for work.

One other thing I learned yesterday was the 10,000 steps that we all hear about is actually a random number that was chosen. It is great to shoot for that, but we were told to wear our pedometers (we were each given one) for a week and then take the average. Based on that #, try to increase it.

gotta go

scoobie74
04-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone! I made it out for a mile walk and then did some excercises inside last night. I am hoping that the rain quits before I get home so we can go for another walk. It is suppose to warm up in the 60's tomorrow and for the weekend so maybe we can walk a lot more!!!
I hope you all have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Good morning, Friends. I’ve got a horrible headache this morning and I’ve got tons upon tons of work to get through today and tomorrow. I’m on vacation next week. I slept in and am just now getting started on my day. The coffee is brewing. Hopefully, a cup will clear this fog from my head.

Hubby and I walked again yesterday....3 laps around the neighborhood and 1 1/2 hours of hills. The last lap was tough! Today, my legs feel a little wobbly, but the scales are smiling again....so, it's all good.:)

I’ll be back later to check in with everyone. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

mj5
04-03-2008, 10:09 AM
ok, I'm back to finish up....work thing, had to go quick...

txmomma--Fantastic job exercising twice in one day!!!

math puppy--How did you do last night? I hate those 'hungry days'!

beverlyjoy--Good for you!

Rhonda--Hope the headache is better soon! Great job on your walk!

Oh, I forgot yesterday....a big part of my on plan day is making sure I eat breakfast every day. I think I forgot b/c it has become such a habit now! ;)

have a great on plan day!

Purplefirefly
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I love hearing about all this exercise everyone is getting in...keep it up ladies :) I spent the morning grocery shopping, the house is now filled with tons of good stuff and NO JUNK FOOD at all! I feel positive now that I am set up for more success...if I can get out of the store without the sugar, then when I get in the eating mood the worst I can do is a salad or yogurt ;)

Beverly--I walked with my daughter's kindergarten class to the library last week and they had a storyteller for them, and i just LOVED her! I thought of you the whole time, thinking you get to do this fun stuff all the time, lucky you. She read a story about a girl who goes looking for a fishing hat and other people keep putting other things on it, until she can't hold it up and fall sin the water, next day goes back and buys the plain hat she liked from the beginning. The storyteller put all the items on a hat she had, and was wearing it with everything dangling off and the kids were just laughing and laughing, it was a really fun time. So much different from the usual storytime there where the lady just sits in a chair and reads, this lady didn't even look in the book, she had it memorized, and just passed it around at the end for the kids to look at. Anyway, it made me think of you!

Rhonda--That is one heck of a workout on the hills...the scale better be more than smiling, it should be beaming rays of sunshine at you.

ThatsSpify
04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Yesterday was a okay day. I stayed in calorie range just not on the healthiest of choices. Scale is happy though but I am back on track today! I exercised for 1 hour or so! Today good food and good exercise!!!!

bigtxmomma
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey ladies!

I'm trying to calorie count today. I think I'm going to have a big margin of error. I'm sort of organizationally disinclined. =/

I was in a bad mood. DD isn't feeling well, and should have slept longer than she did (she stayed up wayyyyy too late last night -- she had a hard time going to sleep). So DH came home for lunch and we had time to hang out, which was nice. Gonna go the Y later.

Be back later to catch up on personals.

Darkblue
04-03-2008, 08:02 PM
What do you all do when you just want to throw in the towel and just EAT? I'm so tired of being hungry and limiting myself. Tonight with dinner I wanted to bake a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls and eat half of them with butter and jam. I am craving Mexican food or Italian food, or a huge walnut-stuffed chocolate brownie. *sighs* I'm being good, but it's about to drive me mad. I can see the scale moving, but when I'm starving I wonder if it's worth it.
[/end rant]
------------------------------

Breakfast--Kashi Autumn harvest cereal, 2C skim milk, 1C tangerine juice, 2 pieces low-cal bacon (35 cal total), hot tea
Lunch--salmon cup with one tbs cream cheese and 1 tbs chopped green olives, All-Bran crackers, 1C black grapes, 1/2 tub Fage Greek yogurt, water
Dinner--ham, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato with cinnamon, tiny amount of mac-and-cheese, unsweetened iced tea

1600 k/cal, 22g fiber, 1/2 L water

------------------------------

Txmomma--wow, two rounds of exercise and swimming today is great!

Beverly--spending $1200 at a bookstore sounds wonderful! Need help?

GirlyGirl--hope your headache goes away.

Purplefirefly
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
What do you all do when you just want to throw in the towel and just EAT? I'm so tired of being hungry and limiting myself. Tonight with dinner I wanted to bake a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls and eat half of them with butter and jam. I am craving Mexican food or Italian food, or a huge walnut-stuffed chocolate brownie. *sighs* I'm being good, but it's about to drive me mad. I can see the scale moving, but when I'm starving I wonder if it's worth it.
[/end rant]

NO, it is not worth it. If you are starving, it's not going to work in the long run. If you fee legitimate hunger you should eat something, you sound like you're not eating enough. Everyone has cravings, they are going to happen, but if you are really feeling like you're starving, then you need to add in some more food. It is not worth starving, your body will stop losing and start to hold onto what it has if you keep starving. :hug: if it is legit hunger, then you need more! If it's just cravings...then I like to find healthier alternatives, or sometimes just give myself a treat. I'd rather eat one little thing off plan then starve myself into a huge binge, if that makes sense.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning, Everyone.

The very first week that Hubby and I decided to start walking just happens to be the week of the highest pollen counts for my area.:dizzy: This morning, I feel absolutely rotten. This feels like a sinus infection or a really bad cold, but I have my fingers crossed that it’s allergies. Next week, I’m on vacation and I have no time to be sick! I haven’t decided if I’m going walking today or not. Am I crazy for even thinking of walking outside today? I really don’t want to take a break from walking with Hubby as I know how easy it is for me to just quit exercising. I’m on a roll and I want to go with it! Maybe I’ll go pick up some allergy medicine at Wallworld today and see what happens.The Benadryl and Neti pot just aren’t doing the job. The good news is that the scales are continuing to smile for me and I’m looking forward to my “official” weigh-in on Monday. I’m going to give it 100% effort to stay on-plan this weekend.

Mathpuppy – Okay…you knew we would ask…..Did you snack the night away? I hope you didn’t.
Beverly – What do you do for the literacy program? Do you teach adults to read?
MJ – So, tell me more about the pedometer. Do you just clip it on yourself in the morning and see what happens? Are you finding yourself looking for more ways to add steps in your day?
Scoobie – Walking is great, huh? Hope the weather clears up for you.
Purple – So glad you have a house full of healthy food options…and, no junk! The ‘no junk’ rule really does help me to stay on-plan.
Spify – Congratulations on getting an hour of exercise and staying within your calorie range! Sometimes, I find myself not eating the healthiest foods. Veggies are my most difficult food group. What types of foods are you lacking in your day?
Momma – Are you using a calorie counting site? I’m not a very organized person either. I’ve found that tracking my calories on a spreadsheet works well for me, but I am looking into the PC version of Fitday.
Darkblue – Are you feeling real hunger? The kind that makes your stomach rumble? Or, are you having the “head” hunger where you’re feeling deprived? Please remember that you don’t have to feel real hunger to lose weight. Are you eating enough calories each day? Are you eating plenty of lean protein and healthy fats? These will keep you from feeling hungry and, as long as you’re within a good calorie range for your body, you can still lose weight. If you’re feeling the head hunger, that is something we all fight periodically. After so many years of using food for reasons other than hunger, most of us have to work hard to find replacement habits. I’ve found that a warm bath with a yummy book is a great release for me. Also, watching some TV, playing a free game on Pogo or reading through the threads here on 3FC is a great motivator. Have you checked out the Goals thread or the Maintainers thread? Hang in there. The initial couple of weeks on-plan are the toughest.

Looks like a busy Friday workday for me, so I better get working. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check in again later.

scoobie74
04-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Ok.....so last night I did not get to go for my walk because it was way too cold to take my son outside!!!! I also did not get to do any excercises because my son decided to stay up late last night. But today it is going to get to 62 so we will go for a 3 mile walk!! I feel good today. If I could leave work now to go walking, I would!

Beverlyjoy
04-04-2008, 08:39 AM
PT
water, water, water
journal/log food
stretches
meditation
PMA

Hi friends -
Need to vent -

DH pissed me off so much at dinner last night. :mad: We went out with Mom and Aunt Mackie last night to a restaurant - I ordered grilled salmon plain with no butter/lemon sauce. (note - the waiter didn't speak good English) It came with the sauce, I was going to send it back and Murray just looked at me and "Just scrape it off. You're not going to send it back. That's ridiculous." I was so taken aback and suprised by his comments that I didn't send it back. He is usually very supportive of what and how I eat. But, I didn't really enjoy it and the whole time I wished it didn't have the sauce. I felt bullied. He's never reacted or said anything like that before. But, I was mad at him for saying it. :mad:

Then - the way my screwed up brain sometimes work. When I got home - I over ate cereal and some bread and low fat butter. Some habits die hard.

Good grief, it's just one peice of fish. with lemon butter sauce. But - it just messed up my plan & was was flustered, in a way. It ruined the enjoyment of the dinner.

I am fine now...I've planned for a healthy day and I will carry on.

Just needed to vent.

PS...I think I will talk to DH and tell him how I feel. Need to. I just emailed him.

taxes
office work

breakfast - egg white scramble, toast with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - wrap with black beans, cheese, salsa, spaghetti squash
snack - yogurt with all bran cereal
dinner - crock pot chicken with onions, red pepper, & chicken broth

I'll be back to do the personals...I need to run off to PT.

Carry on...

scoobie74
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Beverlyjoy -- sorry to hear about your experience. I would be mad too. I hope that next time you guys go out that he will be understanding and let you send it back if it is not the way it ordered it.

mj5
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ p's tonight, just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have another super hectic day today--NOT good for a Friday, but it's ok, I can do this!!!

I did not walk this am, I was really tired, so I slept in..'til 6am. SO glad the weekend is almost here! I'll still be up early (old habits die hard), but at least no alarm clock!

Have a great on plan day! Today I AM going to the gym--legs/back workout and some cardio!

bigtxmomma
04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Morning, ladies!

I was totally in a foul mood yesterday. Again. I think I've kicked it, though. I worked out, did about 30 mins on the treadmill, and about 10 mins on the exercise bike but then some creepy guy came and sat next to me even though there were a million empty bikes, and he kept talking. AND I HAD MY IPOD! Reminds me of that girl who kept talking to you, mj. Are people really that dumb? I have no idea. And he looked like he had hair plugs. I was grossed out. Normally I wouldn't bring up hair plugs, but ewwwwwww.

Beverly, :hug: I'd be seething if my DH did something like that, too. Because statements like that do catch you off guard, and generally in politeness you'd oblige before you think about how you really feel. =/ I can see how you would end up overeating afterwards, too. We're spending so much time taking control of our food instead of letting it control us, and when we don't get to control what we eat, it messes with our heads. =/ I'm glad you emailed DH.

mj, yay for the gym! I can't believe waking up at 6 am is sleeping in. =/ I'm glad you're eating breakfast. =D Does wearing your pedometer make you walk more?

scoobie, I'm glad the weather is nice for a walk!!!!! =D

Rhonda, you poor thing. Allergies are awful. Is that why you woke up with the bad headache yesterday? =( I'm kind of using About.com's calorie counting site. But I'm not logging my food there anymore because I log it on my 3fc blog. And I don't think I have the enthusiasm to do it on both places. lol I'm just estimating from the package, and giving myself a 15% room for error. But I'm used the calorie counter site to calcuate and save recipes.

Math, how did yesterday go? Did you snack?

Dark, don't starve! If you starve, you'll fixate on all the food you aren't eating, and then it's going to be awful and you'll either give up or become a sado-masochist! ;) One thing I've learned from all the meditation tapes I've been using is that you need to infuse yourself with good feelings about the choices you make with food. Right now, your brain is programmed to get those good feelings from overeating bad foods. So naturally it wants to eat more and more of them.

If you really want a brownie, I think you should go eat one, and work on savoring just a few bites of it. A brownie isn't going to make you fat. A pan of brownies will.

Good job, Spify! Did your day end well?

Purple, great work keeping your house filled with good foods! I love when the binge mood sets in and the only high cal food I have in the house is a small bags of walnuts.

Schmoodle, howzit going?

Beverlyjoy
04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi friends...back for some personals!!

patchy- GREAT job being 3 days on plan. That's wonderful.:D

ginger - sorry about your back...and yes, you can hurt your back when sick with the stomach flu. :hug: My BIL broke a rib once coughing! Feel better soon.

scoobie - thank you for your support. :) DH has usually been supportive and his comment really caught me off guard. Enjoy your walks.

Mj5 - I've been told that coffee (caffeine) is a mild diruretic!!! :dizzy: These folks need to get their facts straight! Pedometer...oo, you'll have to let us know if your going to wear and how it's going!

Dark Blue - glad to hear you've been on plan. You always have good plans. Sorry you are struggling with cravings. It's never worth it to cave into them. But, if your plan allows it...have some mexican or italian food. Keep some of the things you like in your plan to make it livable. Hang in there! :hug:

txmama- glad you've had some good food days and are going to the Y...that's great. :D Yes, DH made me really mad with his comments. He is usually so supportive. A talk is in order and will happen tonight. Thanks for your support

Math - hang in there, friend. Keep trying. :hug:

Rhonda - hope your headache is better. :hug: That's great...vacation is coming. :D Do you have any special plans? The walking is DH is great! The literacy program I do is with some other storytellers where work combine storytelling, language arts activities and free books to at risk low income children. It's grant funded and we've been doing it about 4 years now.

Purple - yes that's what I do, too - in my storytelling. It's storytelling in the oral tradition. I use no books at all - but, I use props, puppets, singing, my storyapron, participation and fun. I am so glad you enjoyed it!! :) Fun stuff.

spify - good job on your calorie range and exercise! :)

Schmoodle
04-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi chicks, thanks for asking tex, I am okay, just had a couple of not-so-fun days. Work is very busy and stressful and DD seems to think her job these days is to create additional stress in my life. I am still mostly on plan and getting in my exercise, as a matter of fact, too stressed out to eat much, although I did have a little binge last night, so I am hanging in there... I hope to get caught up with everything and be in a better frame of mind and hang out with you chicks this weekend.

Beverlyjoy
04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Schmoodle....don't worry about one little binge. Life happens. Carry on!!! Sorry to hear about the stress of work and life. :hug: Ugh. Glad you are hanging in there!! :)

avi0903
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Beverly, I have to say I love your avatar!

An Accountability thread is just what I need. I did lose 2 pounds the first week I was here. I weighed myself today and couldn't really tell if it moved a pound. But it should have been more! So I didn't change my ticker.

I cheat all the time. I'm great all day, stick to my plan, but at night I can't stop eating! Today is Friday, weekends are hard. So on Monday, I am going to come back here and post a plan for the week, and I'll stick to it.

See, I'm already not being accountable. I should post a plan for the weekend.

I need help!

kissingginger
04-04-2008, 03:22 PM
hey everyone,

Thanks for all the good wishes for my back. It was getting better, then yesterday the kids had swim and piano and we went on a field trip to the vet, so it was in and out of the van getting them into their carseats. Darn things are so complicated these days and while I am used to it and comply to all the safety, it RUINED my very fragile back. I don't have the easiest van to get in and out of and only 1 side sliding door so I have to jump in everytime. It just SUCKS. Sorry. I'm only a little mad.

As for today - I feel grumpy. That pretty much sums it up.

Okay, I'll leave now and say something positive later.
Ginger

mj5
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone! Well, no sticker for me today. There was an incident at the end of the day at work which led to working late--NOT a good excuse for not going to the gym, but I was worn out by the time I could actually leave. Then I had some errands to run and it's now almost 8pm and I still haven't exercised. There is still time, just not sure I have any energy left. It's ok. One day is not going to hurt, as long as I am right back at it tomorrow! (My old bad habit is to miss a day and then before I know it I have missed many days).

I also want to make sure I put on my pedometer when I get up in the am--it will be interesting to see the difference on the weekends, unfortunately, I'm sure it will be quite a bit lower. I do find myself looking for ways to increase the # of steps I am taking each day, which is a good thing!

Purple--Congrats on no junk in the house!

spify--Keep it up!

darkblue--Rant if you need to, we all do, but YES it is worth it! If you are really hungry, maybe you aren't eating enough? Yea...what Purple said!

Rhonda--Oh no, not allergies too! Did you get some allergy meds? Yes, I just clip the pedometer on and go....I do find myself looking for ways to take more steps--walking down to a person's office, rather than e-mailing or calling--things like that.

scoobie--Did you get your walk in? I know, I wanted to keep going w/ my workout yesterday, but I had to get ready for work...

Beverlyjoy--Wow, you are much nicer than me, I would not have been able to hold my tongue w/ dh--even in public. Good for you for letting him know! Exactly, today is a new day and you will have a good day today!

txmomma--ewwwwwwww, I know, right?! Hello?! Listening to my own music, not paying attention to you....yea, some people just don't get it! Glad you are feeling better today! On work days, my alarm goes off at 4:45am--that gives me time to hit the snooze, take the dogs out and do a watp dvd before I have to get ready to leave. It is early, but I feel SO much better when I start my day like that...unlike today....

Schmoodle--Hang in there!

Avi--Welcome! Weekends are hard! Hopefully you can come up w/ a plan that will work for you.

Ginger--Take care of your back!

Well, the dogs need to go out, so I better go do that. I will be around tomorrow to let you know what I did for exercise--I will NOT go two days in a row w/ out! There, now I posted it, I have to do it!

mj5
04-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok, so after I posted, I realized that it's just too easy for me to fall back into my old bad habits, so on our on-demand exercise tv, I found a short workout and did that. It wasn't very intense, but it was something....

bigtxmomma
04-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey guys!

Anyone know how to use an elliptical? We tried them tonight. Honestly, we are like the biggest morons, but DH even more than me. He went on the elliptical and said he couldn't stop and went spinning out of control. He looked like a maniac. I was stuck between being mortified and having tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Gah, he's such a doof when he's in showoff mode. He also dropped his ipod while jogging on the treadmill and got confused and tripped. Sigh. Next on "When Nerds Exercise."

But seriously, I finally got the hang of the elliptical. But ok, what are you supposed to do with the arms??? I was keeping a good pace -- it was sorta like jogging in mid-air. But there were two options about pushing/pulling? I didn't feel much resistance either way. I'll play more with it tomorrow, if we go to the gym. Bizarre machine, imo.

Okay, too tired for personals, but I'm thinking of you all!

bigtxmomma
04-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Schmoodle, glad you're able to stay mostly OP even though things are crazy. That's really great. =D I'm sorry your daughter is driving you nuts.

mj, GOOD FOR YOU FOR DOING THE SHORT EXERCISE VIDEO!!!! That's huge. Your motivation is inspiring. Except for the waking up at 4:45 am bit. =/

Welcome, avi! Post away! I look forward to seeing your plan on Monday.

Everyone else, have a good night!

Darkblue
04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
*dashing in and out, as it's already late*

On plan, but high end again, 1600 k/cal, 22g fiber, 1L water, no exercise--was a busy day. thinking of you all, and thanks for the encouragement--I was down the other night, tired of fighting it.
--------------
Yestday's menu--
Breakfast--2 eggs scrambled, Pam spray, 2 whole wheat toast, tiny amount of jam, 1C milk, hot tea, 1C tangerine juice

Lunch--1C strawberries, YoPlus Yogurt, sandwich made from whole wheat bread, Provolone cheese slice (70 cal), lowfat mayo, deli thin ham--6 slices

Dinner--iced tea, whole wheat pasta, 4 meatballs, homemade marinara, 1/2C green peas
---------------

scoobie74
04-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I managed to get a 3 mile walk in yesterday with my son!!! He fell asleep after a little over a mile and I kept on going. It felt so good!!! I am going to walk at least 3 more miles today. It is going to be almost 70 here today so I will take my son out at least 2 times on walks. I felt so good last night after the walk!!!

Beverlyjoy
04-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi folks - SO GLAD I had an on plan day yesterday - I am grateful.

DH apoligized for interfering with my dinner at the restaurant that wasn't cooked the way I wanted. He was funny - He said, "You usually do what you want anyway, why did you listen to me this time???" I had to think about that - I think I was just taken aback by his comments.

For today:

Work on taxes!

stretches
water
meditation
journal/log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - egg white salad in a wrap, spaghetti squash
snack - apple & lite cheese
dinner - out with friends - grilled fish, salad with vinegar and oil, baked potato with salt and pepper

Have a great day!

mj5
04-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Good Morning!

txmomma--Oh no....is dh ok?! Ok, I am done laughing now...Being that I am most uncoordinated, I really dislike the elliptical, that and it really kicks my butt. That being said, it is really good for the legs and I am *supposed* do do at least a few mins each time I go to the gym to help w/ the muscles to support my knee...yea, haven't been doing that...I need to. For me, it's just not a natural motion. There should be a way to adjust the resistance, though. Yea, the 4:45 thing started quite a while ago--I just started waking up (no alarm), so I got into this 'routine'....it actually really works for me, so I have stuck w/ it. Are you ready...I think I can top your elliptical story, all I can say is thank goodness it was a saturday and there weren't many people in the gym.....This happened over a year ago...I was in the weight room, I pulled over an adjustable bench, adjusted it (or so I thought), set the bar to do some bench presses, put the weights on, went to lie down on the bench and apparantly I didn't make sure the pin was all the way "clicked"...so the top part of the bench tipped down----I slid down head first onto the floor, my feet were still on the bench....I was totally cracking up....the trainer came running over to see if I was ok, everyone stopped what they were doing--yea, it was GREAT!!!! Luckily no one made a really big deal about it, one of the "mucle guys" came over and said that the same thing happened to him not too long ago--not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better or not. Somehow I found the strength to go back to my workout, of course I giggled to myself for the rest of the time I was there!!!!

Darkblue--I think we have all been there before...sometimes it is SO hard, but always worth it. Sometimes the 'munchies' win, but the important thing is to keep plugging away.

scoobie--Fantastic! It's cold and rainy here today, so no outside walk for me...next week it is supposed to be upper 50's and sunny, so I am hoping to work in some outside time myself! Hope you have a great walk today!

How is everyone else today?

I am trying to motivate myself to get moving this am...todays plan is a walk slim dvd, then start some spring cleaning--ICK! My plan of attack is to try to tackle one room at a time each weekend (the upstairs is done, YEA). I am going to start w/ the bathroom--smallest room, so hopefully that will get me moving to work through the rest....Dh should be off next weekend, so hopefully I can make him help me w/ the next room...I'm thinking the dining room for next weekend.

I'm sure I'll be back later...I can only clean for so long....

Have a great on plan day!

mj5
04-05-2008, 10:24 AM
In the weight loss support forum, there is a fun 5k being set up for next weekend...if you are interested, go check it out. If I did it right, this is the link....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138919

Schmoodle
04-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Good morning chicks. Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple of days. Very busy with work and dealing with stressful and annoying home issues. It hasn't been the greatest couple of days, and this weekend not much to look forward to except cleaning, laundry, and finishing taxes, budgeting, bookkeeping, etc. Oh, and groceries, woo-hoo. BUT on the up side, I have been visited this morning by the whoosh fairy! About time. I wonder if this is my pattern now - no loss for a while, then whoosh? Anybody else have this? I saw a 3 lb. difference since yesterday - and not TOM, or a lot of "fluid loss" involved. So anyway, may I say, hello 180's, it's been a looooong time since I've seen you! 10 years at least.

avi, hope you are making it through the weekend okay!
ginger, hope you are in better spirits and your back is better. But don't worry about being grumpy here - this is a great place to vent!
mj, great job with the exercise, and I'll be with you in the cleaning today! I am allowing myself four credits for non-exercise days during the month. I really try not to use them though, and even if I can get in a small thing, it counts!
bigtx, you are hysterical! But really we are in the same boat! Well, not DH, but me at least. I was on the stair stepper last week, and thought I was using the elliptical, until DH set me straight. So I haven't even attempted the elliptical yet. And all those gym rats are watching you like you are ******ed, right? But hey, at least I provide some entertainment for them during their workouts!
scoobie, walking is the best thing!
Beverly, glad you had an on-plan day and you and DH were able to talk about the restaurant incident. My DH doesn't like to send stuff back either, but I think you should get what you asked for!

mj5
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Beverlyjoy--Great job w/ an on plan day yesterday! I am glad to hear dh apologized. I would love to hear one of your stories sometime...too bad we didn't live closer!

schmoodle--sorry to hear things are rough at your house...that is never fun. Hang in there! I'm trying to pack a lot of cleaning, etc into today, so tomorrow I can relax. YEA!!!!! 3lbs! You have been working so hard, it's about time!!!!

So, the bathroom is spic and span clean. Have I mentioned I am not a big fan of this kind of cleaning? LOL? I don't have a problem w/ the normal weekly cleaning sort of thing, but the pull everything off the walls kind of cleaning--that's too much like work! On the up side, however, while I was cleaning, the sun came out and it is gorgeous outside! Still a little cool, but warm enough to take the dogs for a walk. I am going to have some lunch and then head outside. Then I will make some mac and cheese for dinner--w/ lots of roasted veggies and a big tossed salad. Then I will sit down and relax a bit....

Hope you are having a great day!

Darkblue
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
mj5--good for you to do even a small workout when tired! How well do pedometers work? Your bench story was funny!

Txmomma--you are too funny! "When Nerds Exercise" just cracked me up!

Schmoodle--the whoosh fairy dropped by here this week. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. Hope things get more sane at home soon.

---------------------------

Today--on plan, 1450 k/cal, 25g fiber, 1L water, exercise

Breakfast--
steel-cut oats with organic raisins, cinnamon, 1/2 tbs walnuts, brown sugar
1C milk, hot tea
Lunch--
whole wheat tortilla with beans, chicken, lettuce, picante sauce, dusting of cheese, a couple chopped black olives
iced tea
Snack--
1C strawberries
YoPlus vanilla yogurt (I love this stuff, tastes like vanilla pudding)
Dinner--Healthy Choice microwave meal with turkey, sweet potatos, cranberries, peaches, green beans/carrots
water

math puppy
04-06-2008, 12:09 AM
hey gang, just checking in to say everything is okay. i just been so busy! hope you are all well. im going to read you entries then i have to go to a b-day party, so no time for personals yet again. but i am cheering you on silently from seattle wa!

-renee :)

Beverlyjoy
04-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi friends...yesterday was a great on plan day. :) YAY. I am grateful.

We went out for dinner with friends I hadn't seen in a while. Wow - everyone noticed my weightloss and congradulated me effort and complimented me. :) It felt so good. AND....I ordered plain grilled fish - it came with breading. My DH immediately said, You should send it back!. :D Good for him. Everything is a learning process.

Today.

I am almost done with the taxes - I'll take them to the accountant Monday.

I think Mom will come over for dinner.

meditation
lots of water
plan my food, journal & log food
stretches
heat and ice
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, npnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - hummus and lite cheese on a ww wrap, spaghetti squash
snack - cottage cheese, apple
dinner - small pork chop on the grill, corn,
zucchini/mushroom/onion medley
snack - cereal, fruit, flax, milk

Have a wonderful Sunday, friends.

mj5
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! My arms and shoulders are really sore this am...must have been all of that scrubbing yesterday! ;)

darkblue--Thanks! I think the pedo is working well...I just have to remember to put it on--that certainly helps!

math puppy--Thanks for popping in! I was wondering how you have been doing. Did you get the go ahead at the dr? If that's too personal and you don't want to share here, I totally understand! Hope you had fun at the bday party!

Beverlyjoy--Awesome! I think it's great when people notice our hard work! Yea for dh catching on so quick ;)!!!

How is everyone else?

I did something really dumb yesterday....when I took the dogs for a walk I put on my old sneakers...the ones I should get rid of, but haven't. Well, last night my foot was really bothering me and it took me a while to figure out why. DUH! I know better! (I have a pinched nerve in my foot and wearing good shoes is important for that--and for my knee). So those sneakers are now gone. Today I will spend the day taking care of my foot. I haven't had to go back to the foot dr b/c it has been fine for a while now and I don't want to have to go back now, just because I made a bad choice! The good news is, it isn't super bad or anything, I think a day of ice/heat and pain meds will bring it around.

Have a great On Plan Day!

scoobie74
04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Yesterday, I did a 2 mile walk and I was on my feet organized my son's room and then I was walking up and down our stairs taking stuff to the basement. I feel it today!! So far today, I have a mile walk.

bigtxmomma
04-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Hey beautiful ladies! Last night was date night with DH. We dropped DD at the Y for 4 hours! We had a lovely dinner, but I overate. =/ And when we got home, it was one of those terrible trigger times when you know you didn't eat as much as you could have, because you stopped yourself, and now you have to make up for the loss. Anyway. Yuck. I'm angry at myself. I don't know WHY I still think I need to eat a lot of food in order to have a good time. =/

I think the catayst for wanting the feed bag was because I was feeling guilty about leaving DD with strangers for a long period of time. She's sort of not used to that kind of situation, and so I don't think has learned to fend for herself. When we went to pick her up, she came running up and said, "I'm sooo done!" and then "I'm sooooo hungry!" "I'm so thirsty!!!!!!!!!!" and then cried the whole way home because she was so hungry and thirsty. It made me feel sad and guilty, and angry that none of the caretakers noticed. But maybe she didn't say anything to them. Who knows. She said she ate pizza and juice, but I generally let her eat when she wants to, and she's frequently not hungry during dinnertime but gets hungry an hour later. =/

But DH & I enjoyed it. We went shopping. I'm happy because I'm easily in size 24 now, compared to a 28 (or 30 if I hadn't been in denial) when I started three months ago. =/ So that makes me kinda happy.

Ok, I'm going to make breakfast and come back for personals.

bigtxmomma
04-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Worked my butt off at the gym. I did 30 mins bike, 30 mins treadmill, and 10 on elliptical, which was all I could muster! My legs were sore. I'm curious how my weigh in goes tomorrow. The scale is dipping def below 280, but it's really hard to read because it's analog and it's at a weird part of the curve where the numbers and lines are really, really tiny.

Darkblue, you sound much better! Hope you're having a good OP weekend. How did your weigh in go?

Yay Scoobie! Good job on all your walks!!!

Hahahahaha, Beverly! I'm glad he apologized. That's such a funny answer -- "Why'd you listen to me??" =D Glad you worked it out with him and he's being supportive now. That's awesome about the compliments, too. =D That must make you feel so good.

mj, OMG owwwwwwwwwwwww! :rofl: You poor thing. Wow. I must say, you handled falling off the bench with such grace! =D I hope your feet are okay today. I have similar problems with my feet -- I have no idea if it's a pinched nerve, but I have super high arches and if I wear shoes that constrict my feet in a certain way, I'll be in pain for a couple days.

Hi Math! Glad you had a moment to check in. Hope you had an OP day!

Schmoodle, hahahahahhaahha! I love the whoosh fairy!!! Congrats on the 180s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D THAT'S SO EXCITING!!! And seriously I don't think I could tell the difference between teh stair machine and the elliptical, either! lol Yes, we are entertaining for the gym rats, I think. I was doing crazy stuff on the elliptical today and I'm SURE someone was laughing inside their heads.

Hope everyone is doing well. =D So who is doing the virtual 5K? I very well may.....

Darkblue
04-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Had an interesting experience today.

I did my weigh-in this morning and it was 236, down 12 pounds since I started posting here. I knew this would be a day when we'd be outside doing some work and at an outdoor event this afternoon that involved several hours of walking around, so I decided to give myself a day to not worry about dieting but still stay sane. In other words, I wasn't going to count calories, but neither was I going to eat an entire box of Thin Mints. (oh, how I love Girl Scout cookies!)

Made pancakes for the kids this morning and found that the syrup I'd always used before--lots of HFCS--was just almost too sweet. Pancakes were good--I use low-fat Bisquick with added flaxseed and wheat germ anyway. Just didn't like the syrup. Weird.

Lunch was on the go and we went by Arby's. It was just...bleh? Not nearly as good as I remembered? I didn't even finish what I ordered.

By dinner time I was wanting water, lots of water, and fruit. And whole wheat. As it was a "holiday" from dieting for me, my family wanted me to choose where we'd eat out, since we were nowhere near home. I opted for a buffet place--and put water, turkey--no gravy, steamed broccoli, sweet potato, watermelon, and a small poonful of crab salad on my tray. The kids didn't notice, but DH did.

I can't say if I stayed in my calorie range today, but I suspect I wasn't very much over. Got lots of exercise, too, so maybe it will cancel out any extra calories. But I'm wondering--have my tastes really changed that much? It's been about a month now that I've been trying to do the "whole foods" plan, and generally eat better.

What are your experiences? Have your tastes changed for foods?

bigtxmomma
04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Woohoo Darkblue! Congrats on the loss. =D

Wow, I know what you mean about food just not tasting as good as you think it did. I'm like that now, too. Our favorite Mexican restaurant where we used to eat our favorite fajitas? We don't even go there anymore because the food tastes so gross. Taste buds must change.

I also know that since I've stopped eating sugar, I can't even tell the difference between artificial and natural sugar. It all tastes the same to me now. =/ Kind of super sweet and gross. =/

Interesting changes, though, huh?

math puppy
04-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey everyone! Im back! I been so busy, but I have had all of you in mind the past couple days ;)
Actually earlier today I was at the grocery store and accidentally found myself in front of the Ĺ off bakery section. Dun dun duhhh! And wouldnít you know it, but my favorite snack was there. I picked it up and looked at it. It was those little pecan pies. The mini ones with the flaky crusts mmmmmm!. And they were half off!! Omahgawdomahgawd! For one milla second I thought I could take them up the counter and buy them.. but then I remembered my accountability friends, and how I would have to tell you all. So I put them back! And now I had an on plan day! Yay!

Oh, and no I didnít snack the night away! Thanx for asking.
I better go, I want to get up early so I can get to the gym in time! I already know how painful it is to get up early for me, but I really want to make it a habit to work out every day!

Girlygirlsebas- 1.5 hours of hills? Wow! Hope you are having a op day today!

Mj-good job realizing how easy it is to fall into bad habits and do an on-demand exercise! Thatís great. Omg I just read your gym story!!! Lol, I would have had to leave because I would be giggling way too much at myself!! Ha ha! Glad you didnít get hurt! Oh, about the dr. no go. It was a sucky day. Especial since i have to pay the bill right after we got the bad news. Ouch! Fertility treatment is $$$!
But Thanks for asking, thatís whey makes you guys my support group! Hee hee

Purplefirefly- how are you doing?

Spiffy- good job exercising!

Bigtx- lol about hair plug guy! That too funny. With ellipticals I usually just hold on, and I donít think thatís a good thing! Lol, sometimes I take my hands off and just swing them like im walking ( I know I look crazy) just so I donít hunch over on the machine. I think the worst thing you can do for yourself is the hunch over on the machine. Abs tight, stand up straight. Push or pull. Have fun. At least you are out there doing it! I love the gym! Awww sorry about your dd being so hungry/thirsty! I bet she didnít tell them because she was in a new environment. Sounds like something I would have done as a kid. The more she goes there, the easier it will be for her, just make sure she knows that all she has to do is ask for some water/ juice!

Darkblue- I like health food now, and I noticed that I donít like a lot of junk food anymore. I think a lot of it, for me, was a reaction to the fat and carbs. Not the actual taste of the food. Of course when I am eating a million miles a minute, its hard to taste anything. The good part is, that makes it that much easier to stay on plan right? ;)

Bevjoy- oh bev Im sorry you had such a bad interaction with your dh. Its your body, you should get to choose what goes into it! Looks like he reacted well. I laughed when he told you to send the breaded fish back! Lol!

Schmoodle- whoooosh!!! Ha ha! Congrats thatís so exciting!

Avi- most people have problems at night. I know I do. That why I check in right before bedtime. Its easier to not cheat when I have my checkin looming over me!

Ginger- sorry youíre still in hurts-ville.

Scoobie- good job on those stairs!