PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #1  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Period!

I have been overweight all my life and have always had irregualr periods. I typically miss 3 or 4 months before I have a period. Well, I have now lost almost 30 pounds and exercise quite a bit. Well I had a period 4 wks ago, then again 2 weeks ago, and now today!!!! So I am having a period every 2 weeks now! ! Has anyone else had this happen after losing weight and beginning an exercise program? I am getting worried!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

do you have PCOS? if you're not sure, i'd get it checked out by the doc...i don't have irregular periods (even though the doc hasn't ruled out pcos just yet - but i'm a clockwork) - but i know that most women who have irregular periods HAVE pcos. find a doc who KNOWS about pcos and insulin resistance and definately get it checked out. are you on birth control pills? depending on the pill, that could be messing with your hormones. there may be someone else out there who's had this issue - i know i can't recall reading any other posts out there where someone has talked about this...

but if you've changed your bcp, started one or are on any other type of med - that could be the link. i do know, that in order to regulate them metformin DOES the trick (well, from what everyone here on the boards say, for those who have irregular af's).

anyways - i'd def. get to a doc if it continues...

btw - CONGRATS on losing 30 pounds!!! that's AWESOME!!!
Indychick829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #3  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Thank you, I have not been told I have PCOS but have been told I am borderline diabetic. I am not on birth contol either. I have an appointment with my primary doc in May to get bloodwork done again to check my insulin level so i'l have her check me out at that time I think.
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

just wanted you to know i had the same exact thing happen to me when i first started losing weight, had no period for 4 or 5 months then bam! 3 periods in 6 weeks arrrgghhhh. but then it got regulated, now i'm regular, have been like clockwork now for about 4 months.
i think i have pcos too, but i'm the queen of denial and havent been checked. had an appt in december for sonogram, and still havent made it there, but now i'm losing hair, so i guess i cant put it off too much longer. goodluck to you and congrats on your weightloss.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote