100 lb. Club - Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 30th April 5th

mezmerize
03-30-2008, 09:47 AM
:welcome:

Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts
(chase the dog/cat/kids around the house):twirly:
You moved take credit!!:woohoo:
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel.;)

mezmerize
03-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry for being MIA. The flu has hit me hard. Keep working it and I hope to be joining in soon.

trailgroomer
03-30-2008, 10:12 AM
HI
I did 20 min. on the bean - the fit 5 and the butt buster

L:jig:

KimL1214
03-30-2008, 04:35 PM
So I'm only allowed to walk... so I plan on doing lots of it!!! I hit 13,000 steps on Friday and 12,000 yesterday. I've been a little lazy today, so I'm aiming to break 10,000..!

fiberlover
03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

Mez - feel better soon! Don't over do it.

Go trailgroomer and Kim!!

I got back from a visit to my parent's this weekend. Didn't do too bad on the eating yesterday - and stayed on plan today. Whew...

Did Cardio Overdrive after dinner.

Gela
03-31-2008, 01:33 AM
I walked 2 miles this afternoon. Mez I had a three week illness with pleurisy and sinusitis and I can finally say I'm fine now. I feel your pain there's something nasty going around for sure.

slvrlining8
03-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Thus far I have gone for my walks at night- about 20 minutes. On April 7th, it will be 3 months of walking every night, rain, wind, thunder, or lightning.

KimL1214
03-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Didn't quite make it to 10,000 yesterday, even with a 2 mile walk, but I should easily hit 12-13,000 today as I have a full day of school and TWO practices to coach (track and field, and AAU basketball).
slvrlining8 ~ Awesome job with the walking, I haven't yet been able to drag myself out when it snowing hard...
fiberlover~ Great job sticking with it at your parents! I usually bomb when I eat at my parents but for the first time they actually had something healthy for dinner last night

fiberlover
03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone! Good job on getting moving!

Today I did my bowflex workout :lifter: and then LS Walk and Jog.

SwimGirl
04-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I am back in Canada!! And I went for a 3km walk, it was... hard! I can't believe how out of shape I feel! I am hoping to get back to running, and scale down the Turbo Jam to busy days, or days that it's gross out.

Calorie counting is NOT going, we were in Seattle for 5 days, I did terrible, and felt terrible. Everything that this High-Fructose Corn Syrup, and that hurts my tummy, I realized that on day 4 :(

Mez - hope you are feeling better!!

fiber - how long has it taken you to lose the 87 pounds? And whats your secret weapon?

-Aimee

KimL1214
04-01-2008, 08:17 AM
So I held a morning lift session for the track team this morning (for those who are feeling ambitious and want extra practices) and no one showed :(
So I got in a quick lift and then walked around the building. I cheated and ran 10 flights of stairs, but don't plan on telling my doctor that I ran up them... walked of course. I was amazed at how out of breath I was... Two doctors appointments today, but I'm still aiming for a minimum of 10,000 steps. I'm at 2600 right now, so I should make it. I can always do laps around the apartment :dizzy: I tend to "accidentally" leave stuff all over the apartment that has to go to different places in the apartment... basically to make myself walk more. I bought groceries last night and brought each bag in one bag at a time so I had to make three trips up and down the stairs to my truck...
I'm kind of rambling, kind of tired...

fiberlover
04-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Kim - great job on all the walking!

Aimee - I wondered where you were! Trips are difficult. As for my weight loss, it has taken me 4 years to get here. I had a long side journey into plateau land and some regain until I got it back into gear last summer. I guess my secret weapon is time :D

GirlyGirlSebas
04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Wow...guess who finally got off her butt and can finally post here on this thread?

Hubby and I walked for 50 minutes around the neighborhood....serious hill action here. Gonna have some sore buns tomorrow.

SwimGirl
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Rhonda - Congrats on the walk! :)

fiber - time eh! Well, I'll be more patient, even though it's not my strong suite! I guess long lasting weight loss takes time, I am an instant gratification kinda gal! heh..

I did 45 minutes Turbo Jam cardio party, it was good! I didn't have enough time to get out for a walk, tomorrow though!

-Aimee

fiberlover
04-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Great job Rhonda! Hope to see you posting more in here :)

Amy - congrats on the turbo jam. That always sounds so hard to me LOL!

Today I did the Firm Hard Core Fusion. 50 minutes. I love this workout. I may stroll around outside. 65 degrees here today - it feels wonderful!!

ThatsSpify
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Well yesterday I did my turbo jam cardio party. Today I plan to do the cardio party and ab jam before bed. Im really not much of a walker especially with the babies, do you think that will deter my weightloss?:?:

KimL1214
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
ThatsSpify~ Just try to increase how much you walk each day. Instead of taking one trip up the stairs, take an extra few trips each day. Bring things from one place to another one at a time, so you have to make multiple trips, etc.

So I went for a walk last night and it decided to start pouring the moment I started... PLUS my pedometer fell off when I tied my shoes! Luckily a lady was walking the same route as me and gave it to me when I was over 3/4's of the way done... so I have no idea how far or how many steps I REALLY took. Plan is to do the same walk either tonight or tomorrow night so I can figure out how far I walked. So minus the majority or my walk, I still hit over 11,000 steps....

fiberlover
04-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Great job everyone!

Today was heavy workout day for me. I did my full body bowflex workout and the LS Women's walk with the floor work. Tired now.

SwimGirl
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
fiber - wow! It sounds like a lot of work!

ThatsSpify - I don't really see why you'd need to walk to lose weight, a LOT of people do aerobics and still lose the weight. If you are really concerned maybe get a Walk Away The Pounds workout? It's sorta like walking!

I walked 37 minutes, did the same walk I did the other day, it was faster because I noticed the "Bear Spotted in Area" sign, heh. I have also been adding situps to my abs at night - I started 2 days ago with 2, and then last night I did 3, so it's an improvement!

-Aimee

KimL1214
04-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Went for a 60 minute walk, and am just shy of 15,000 steps right now!

ThatsSpify
04-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Today I did Turbo Body Sculpt with 5 lbs weights for 45 miniutes. I am about to go do a cardio 20 minute tape and then maybe ab jam tonight:carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas
04-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Today, Hubby and I did another neighborhood walk for 1 1/2 hours. Boy, on the last lap, those hills almost got the best of me!

KimL1214
04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
GirlyGirlSebas~ Awesome job with the walk! An hour and a half is really impressive!
ThatsSpify~ Great motivation! I don't know if I could do that many intense workouts in one day...

So at some point after I got home last night my pedometer reset itself. I probably sat wrong and did it myself... but it really made me mad!!! I know I broke 15,000 steps, but I have no idea by how much. Plus my pedometer has a calorie and mileage counter (you have to set your weight and stride length so it's accurate) and I have no clue how many calories or how far that was. To top it off... when I reset it... I reset it in metric, so I'll have to convert everything at the end of today...

Held another morning lift for track team. I ran for a few minutes and then did an ab routine, ending up doing 50 reps of 7 different ab exercises We're running hills this afternoon for practice, so my plan is to at least power walk the hill 10 times (very long, steep hill). I may/may not go for a walk tonight, depends on how much I am able to get done during practice. As of right now I am really short on steps and need to get my butt moving...

fiberlover
04-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Way to go everyone! We all rock!

Got a new DVd from Netflix today - Leslie Sansone walk slim 4 Fast miles. That was nice! She does walk/jog intervals, which is exactly what I was looking for. I might pick this DVD up to actually own.

fiberlover
04-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, call me crazy, but I decided to try doing the couch to 5K thing. I was surprised at how easy this first time was. I tried it 20+ pounds ago, and it was very difficult for me. Not sure if the 20 pounds makes such a huge difference or I am just in better shape overall.
I asked my sister if she would like to do a 5K run in July - so this gives us time to get up to speed!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Hubby and I walked the neighborhood for 1 1/2 hours again today. I almost backed out because I'm battling sinuses/allergies/head cold or something...and I've had a headache and stuffy head/ears for most of the day. I'm so glad I didn't give in though. The walk had absolutely no impact on what was going on in my head other than to make me feel invincible! :D

Lori, I've heard a lot of great things about the Walk Slim. I'll have to check into it for myself.

Lunalore
04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
My goal for April is to exercise for at least 600 minutes for the month. That works out to like 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week, which seems totally doable. So far in April I've already exercised 109 minutes - 3 30 minute walks and one 19 minute fitness video on In-Demand. I might have to shoot for more like 700 or 800 minutes this month!

KimL1214
04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
So much for jogging a "bunch" of hills last night. I did two and had the supreme urge to puke after the second one, so I stopped myself. One of my friends and I did walk to my parents to visit after dinner last night(she brought her 14 month old along in a stroller so my mom could oogle over her) which was about a mile from my friends house, so I got in a fairly good walk last night, breaking 15,000 steps again. I'm gonna try to hit 16,000 tomorrow afternoon after the rain clears... it's supposed to be beautiful in the afternoon (sunny, low 50's... shorts weather!!!).
Two practices tonight lasting until 8, so probably no walk, but I'm going to still aim for 15,000. Just means I need to move my butt during each practice.

fiberlover
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Rhonda - great job on walking even when you didn't feel like it! Those are always the most rewarding workouts, aren't they?

Lunalore - that is a great way to give yourself a goal for the month!

Kim - that's awesome, 16K steps - that is a lot!

Today I did my bowflex workout and did a Friday push. I did 3 sets, and got through most of the exercises, a few i couldn't do the 3rd set.
Then I did Cardio Overdrive. I really like this Firm workout a lot.

SwimGirl
04-05-2008, 01:24 AM
I am exhausted today! I took my workout clothes to work and made plans to meet up with a friend for a walk along the ocean. Well, I was halfway there and she cancelled, and not even in a nice way!! Ugh, SO disappointed with that. But I went anyways - I have now gone from 3.5km's in 40 minutes down to 35 minutes! I am very proud of myself for that, and for going! Bed I must go!

-Aimee

trailgroomer
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
started this week with this

a.m. bean stretching
p.m power X - doing the lean version

SwimGirl
04-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I went for my usual walk again, just over 3.5 km's and did it in 35 minutes! I am hoping Josh (my bf) will do the walk with me tomorrow, which might even bring my time down to 30 minutes!

-Aimee

fiberlover
04-05-2008, 10:02 PM
trailgroomer - great job!

Aimee - way to go on doing the workout regardless of your friend showing up. That is dedication!

I watched my nieces today - all day!! I was really beat, but at 9pm put in the 4 fast miles from Leslie Sansone. Now I am really tired LOL! Nothing like going to bed early on a Saturday night......

Wonder if Mez will be back this week? We need a new thread tomorrow!