Atkins - ATKINS: What Are You Eating?

View Full Version : ATKINS: What Are You Eating?

aud
03-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Remember when we used to Post breakfasts/lunches/suppers/snacks periodically? I found this to be SO helpful for me - gave me lots of faboo ideas and helped to pinpoint the things I could improve (read: NO veggies!:o)

Hope that no matter what phase of Atkins you are at, consider popping in here & Posting some sample menus.:carrot:

I'm on Induction Phase - this is what I had yesterday:

B: LC Smoothie
1 scoop Body Fortress Whey Vanilla Protein
Dannon LC Vanilla Yogurt
Splash of Heavy Whipping Cream
Splash of Super Yummy DaVinci SF Caramel Syrup
Crushed Ice-Blend

L: 2 thick slices of braunscweiger
Glob of Mayo
2 Clausen DillPickle Spears
2 slices swiss cheese

S: 2 pieces of Tilapia-grilled in butter
2 cups of shredded cabbage w/mayo
2 onion slices chopped into cabbage

Didn't snack yesterday - not sure why(??:?:) Drank lots of water maybe?

Todays menu will include barbq (w/o the sauce:p) pork steaks & I've got in some new "Simply Steam" Green Giant Spinach in a Pouch I'm itching to try out . . . also allotting myself a few Bud Lights - somewhere between 6-26.:dizzy:

JerseyGyrl
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Today was a busy day for me...so, my menu looks pretty much like this:

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 2 links breakfast sausage, LC vanilla yogurt, sugar cookie decaf green tea with heavy cream

Lunch: LC Protein Shake & some leftover homemade tuna salad

Dinner: Turkey Burger with mayo, cauliflower, broccoli & carrot mix, salad of mixed greens, cucumber & lc italian dressing

sylvia78
03-29-2008, 11:35 PM
What a wonderful idea. Thanks Aud!

I am in OWL but I only eat Induction foods. Lunch is usually:

4-5 ounces of protein [chicken, steak, fish]
3 cups romaine
1-2 oz tomato
2Tbl oilive oil

On weekends I add 2-3c spinach to my lunch salad.

Dinner is usually:

4-5 ounces of grilled protein [chicken, steak, fish]
3c broccoli/green beans/cabbage/some green veggie
1Tbl butter
2c spinach
2 cups romaine
4-5 oz tomato
2Tbl oilive oil or mayo

Now breakfast is an entirely different animal. During the week I have:

2 scrambled eggs
4-5 strips of bacon

On the weekend, I eat turkey bacon or chicken sausage with the family and, if there is an early game, we are out the door for little league. If there's no game, I can make a dairy-free omelet. I know that I need to do better and get some consistency on the weekend.

Sunday mornings I make my eggs to take to work during the week. Tomorrow I am making broccoli and mini-red/yellow/orange peppers omelet for the week.

Puncezilla
03-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Consistency is hard for me on the weekends too.
I'm back on induction level
Today I had fried chicken for breakfast
Lunch was asperagus & mushrooms broiled in a little oil & spice, with sour cream.
Dinner was steak and greek salad.
No snacks, I only feel like snacking in the evening and I'm trying not to munch after dinner.

broadabroad
03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Interesting thread! Good idea!

Today I had:

BREAKFAST:
Strawberry shake (carton of coconut cream [6 carbs, 6 fat, 8 protein], 5 strawberries, teaspoon unsweetened almond butter, 2 sachets of sweetener, around 10 grams of cookies'n'creme whey protein)

LUNCH
2 slices bacon, 1 slice black pudding, fried mushrooms, 2 fried eggs (ordered breakfast from menu in British Club, as we were rehearsing there. Couldn't face the sausages & ignored the fried bread [which I'd asked them not to bring!])

DINNER
Yummy goodness! Ordered delivery: Eggplant casserole with crabmeat and shrimp served with sauted zucchini. AND I had a caesar salad with salmon!

SNACKS
Was a bit indulgent, as was feeling a bit blue (but then went down to the gym for half an hour - going to try to have 'Hit the Gym' be my reflex in the future). Anyway, yes - had 2 sugarfree chocolate truffles.

Azure
03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
This'll be good for me! I've had Breakfast and Lunch already, and I've got dinner and a snack planned already! :D

Breakfast (was a quickie, so not super-balanced):
-2oz sharp cheddar cheese
-1oz sausage.
(320 cal/ 28g fat/ 2g carb/ 19g protein)--I'm counting the cheese as 2 carbs, as per DANDR.

Lunch:
-2 oz Broccoli, 2 oz french-cut green beans, 1 oz bean sprouts
- 4.4 oz chicken breast
- 1tbs canola oil
I stirfried them all together with a tablespoon of soy sauce--and it's DELICIOUS! It's also just as good, if not better, than any Chinese food I've had.
(385 cal/ 20g fat/ 6g net carb/ 40g protein)

Dinner:
- 1 cup shredded cauliflower
- .25 cup tomato sauce
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese
- .5 oz pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs canola oil
I'm making the cauliflower pizza recipe JG posted earlier this week for dinner--it's one of my new favorites!
(528 cal/ 41g fat/ 8g net carb/ 29g protein)

Snack:
- 5oz chicken (dark meat)
(265 cal/ 12g fat/ 38g protein)

Note: I used approx. 5 packets of Splenda today in my iced teas, so I'm adding 5g carbs to my net total and I also had 2 pieces of sucralose-sweetened gum (Stride) for another net 1g carb. I'm working on replacing Splenda with Stevia, and drinking more water :) After all, I could have been using some of those carbs for some more veggies instead!

Daily Totals:

1510 calories / 100g fat / 20g net carbs / 126g protein

Azure
03-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Posting a new one for today!

Breakfast: I was just going to have the shake before and after my workout, but because I bought fat free milk by accident, I wanted to get some fat into my breakfast, so I tacked on two ounces of sharp cheddar cheese at the end for its fat content (my shake alone had only 1 gram of fat!)
- 1 cup Carb Countdown milk (I bought the fat free by mistake)
- 2 scoops Zero Carb Isopure whey protein isolate
Mixed together-- 1/2 before my workout this morning at the gym and 1/2 after.
-- 2oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese after workout

( 484 cal / 20g fat / 5g net carb / 72g protein )

Lunch:
- 3 oz bean sprouts
- 3 oz Mixed Broccoli/French-Cut Green Beans
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 5oz Chicken breast
Stirfried together, like yesterday's lunch...and I've got to say: YUM. :D
(463 cal / 23g fat / 9g net carb / 50g protein )

Dinner:
- TGI Fridays for buffalo wings with my buddy, Rob. I had 8 of them.
(300 cal / 22g fat / 3g net carb / 24g protein)

Snacks:
- 5oz ground beef patty (87% lean)
(305 cal / 21g fat / 0g carb / 26g protein)

Totals:
( 1560 calories / 86g fat / 12g net carb / 174g protein )

My final note on today's menu: I really need to shoot for some more veggies! I only managed to get some in with lunch. Tomorrow I think stir-fry and a salad might be in order.

broadabroad
03-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Hmm. This is very good, isn't it? Keeping me conscious of what I'm eating.

Breakfast: 5 strawberries, 1/2 cup of cream with a dash of sweetener, almond essence and ground almonds. (Was a bit stumped, as didn't have any breakfasty breakfast food left in the fridge.)

Lunch: School dinner: Green salad, Stir fried pork with morning glory and soy beans, stir fried veggies. 4 cubes of canteloup.

Dinner: DIY Chef Salad, consisting of mixed leaves, couple of stalks of fresh parsley, 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, couple ounces feta cheese, leftover tuna salad, 8 king prawns sauteed in coconut oil & seasoned with lemon pepper.

Chocolate peanut butter 'cake' (ie 2 tbsp unsweetened peanutbutter, 1 egg, 2 sachets of sweetener, tbsp ground almonds, 1/4 tbsp cocoa. Microwaved for maybe 30 seconds.) Served with scoop of double cream.

...man, I'm eating A LOT, aren't I? I need to get back into the habit of putting everything into fitday, and make sure I take my lunch into school with me rather than relying on what the kitchen has that day.

Azure
04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Aaaand Today.

Breakfast:
EDIT: I made myself a big breakfast (eggs with tomato sauce, broccoli and turkey), but felt nauseous two bites in. I ended up having a snack that wasn't "ideal", but it was small and fat/calorie-dense--so I could get it down without feeling nauseous.
- .5 oz pepperoni
- 1.5 oz cheese
(242 cal / 20g fat / 1g carb / 14g protein)

Lunch:
- 5.8 oz burger
- 1 slice american cheese
(486 cal / 31g fat / 1g carb / 47g protein)

Dinner:
- 7oz chicken breast
- 4.5 oz broccoli/green beans
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs canola oil

(507 cal / 21g fat / 7g carb / 63g protein)

Snacks:
- .65 oz pork rinds
- 1 Chocoperfection bar (looks like there was one lying around in my cabinet!)
(301 cal / 25g fat / 2g carb / 13g protein)

Totals:
( 1536 calories / 97g fat / 11g net carbs / 137g protein )

Like yesterday, I obviously need to incorporate more veggies. I vow that tomorrow I will have a stir-fry AND a salad!

sylvia78
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I made the broccoli/pepper/onion egg scramble for the week and that is my breakfast along with a few pieces of bacon. I am now looking for a substitute breakfast meat. I do get chicken sausage for my kids, so maybe I'll get a package just for me.

I had grilled boneless/skinless chicken thighs last night with a large salad, mayonnaise and steamed broccoli with butter. I usually cook all my meats on the weekend. This way I am not left in the lurch when the family is having a pasta dinner and there is no meat for me.

Today's lunch is:

2c romaine lettuce
2c mustard spinach
8oz tomato
4 oz grilled chicken breast
2Tbl olive oil
1/2Tbl vinegar

Snack:
1 El Pollo Loco Chicken Leg
1Tbl mayonaisse

Dinner:
2c green beans
1Tbl butter
3c spinach
2c lettuce
4oz tomato
3 turkey bacon slices
3 grilled chicken thighs

While I was entering my information for dinner I realized that there was no chicken in the frig. I had to grill some chicken for me to eat.

aud
04-01-2008, 06:53 PM
ALMOST bought the red & yellow peppers here the other day sylvia - more precious than GOLD! What do they cost where you live?

I LOVE stevia az! Since I've kicked my Diet Coke Habit - I've noticed more & more how I'm affected by artificial sweeteners (bloat/headache/stall.)

Don't think I've mentioned thatI FINALLY gotmesome:p . . . DaVinci Syrups - OMGosh! THAT's what all the fuss has been about! YUM!

Sample Last Saturday Menu: 28 Bud Lights

Sample Sunday Menu: xanax
aspirin
weak tea

Sample Monday Menu: Not enuf megabytes to list the quantity of food/carbs from yesterday

Today:

B: LC Smoothie (minus the LC Yogurt)

L: Mushroom-Black Olive Omelette
Thick Slice Braised Cabbage

I think Tilapia & Cauli for supper tonight . . .

SherryA
04-01-2008, 07:06 PM
breakfast: (what breakfast?) 1 thin strip of sliced chicken lunch meat

lunch: small hamburger patty with two slices of avocado and some fresh salsa on top.(tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro) 1 Strawberry, small amount of cheese and sourcream on top (of the meat I mean, not the strawberry).

Dinner:? not sure yet.

Puncezilla
04-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Br: 1 piece of leftover pork steak, 1 cup coleslaw with mayo/cream/vinagre/splenda dressing.
L: 8 mini smokies, 3 pickles
D: two fried chicken thighs, asperagus.

sylvia78
04-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Usually the non-green peppers are quite expensive. I could get 6 of the large ones from Costco for $7 but I'm afraid they will go bad really quick. I got the mini red/yellow/orage peppers at the 99 cents store. It was a fluke that I was even in the store. They have expanded their produce section and the peppers looked really fresh and crisp.

I like the stevia powder too but I only have one cup of black decaf in the morning so, I use a packet of splenda.

BroadAbroad, you are not eating a lot if you are not feeling stuffed. That is one of the beauties of low-carb eating. You really can eat until you feel satisfied and still lose weight.

Azure
04-02-2008, 01:08 PM
For April 2, 2008!

I got a late start this morning after a VERY bad night of sleep (my hip was REALLY hurting me), so I didn't get my first meal in until 11:30. So, I'll have Lunch, Dinner and 2 snacks today.

Lunch:
- 5.2 oz cube steak fried in canola oil
- 2 c. Romaine Lettuce
- 2 tbs Caesar dressing
(595 cal / 43g fat / 2g net carb / 37g protein)

Afternoon Snack:
- 1.5 oz cheddar cheese
- .5 oz pepperoni
(242 cal / 20g fat / 1g net carb / 14g protein)

Dinner:
- 5 oz dark meat chicken
- 4 oz Broccoli/green beans
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce
(438 cal / 26g fat / 4g net carb / 40g protein)

Evening Snack:
- 2 tbs Smuckers natural peanut butter
(210 cal / 16g fat / 4g net carb / 8g protein)

Totals:
( 1485 cal / 105g fat / 11g net carb / 109g protein )

To sum up:
I've decided to add 2tbs natural peanut butter or 1oz nuts back into my daily intake--I'll have been on Induction for 2 weeks as of this coming Friday, I'm solidly in ketosis and I'll see if my peanut butter had any impact tonight when I monitor myself with my ketosticks in the AM. I'm planning on staying on induction-level carb intake for awhile, but I need my nuts ;) I seem really short on my total carb intake--even with some more veggies in my meals and some peanut butter. So, I think I'm going to attempt veggies three times tomorrow! :) I'll consider it a personal challenge :D

aud
04-02-2008, 01:37 PM
WOW ~ wishing we had a 99 Cent Store around here syl! What a BARGAIN!:carrot:
When I hit 40 my lifelong LOVE of green peppers sadly, had to come to an end - INDIGESTION FOR HOURS - just misery.
Miss them.:(

For some reason - the red 'n yellow don't have that affect.:?: I always look for specials on them - going to try to have in the garden this year too.

Today~April 2nd:

Protein Smoothie - minus the LC Yogurt (gosh I need to shop!)

Making the Pizza Quiche - doubling it to freeze some squares to have with salad . . . this Thread has helped me yet again to see that I'm not getting my veggies.:devil:

sylvia78
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I left my water bottle on the counter this morning. So I am behind already.

Breakfast:
1c egg/pepper/onion scramble
4 sm slices bacon
4c water by 11
3c water by 1

Lunch:
2c romaine
2c mustard spinach
7.5oz tomato
4oz chicken breast
3c water by 5

Pre-Dinner Snack
2.3oz tomato

Dinner:
3c spinach
2c romaine
7.8oz tomato
4.5oz chicken thigh
3c broccoli florets
3c water by 8pm

SherryA
04-02-2008, 07:44 PM
April 2,2009

Breakfast 2 eggs (fried) and some left over meat stuff from last night's dinner.
Lunch: So far one strawberry, not eaten it yet.
Dinner? small amount of leftover salad. Got sleepy and went to bed early didn't eat dinner.

RubyJan
04-03-2008, 08:53 AM
What a fab thing for me to see today, it being my first morning, by the book. It is so impressive to see what interesting things you all eat - I am sure I will start doing some of your recipes when i get to next month or the month after.

So today I got up and at 7am had a three-egg omelet with a slice of mozzerella cheese melted on the top, a cup of coffee, and......nothing else, but I felt those eggs go into my stomach with a thud, and then spent until now -- its almost 1 for lunch -- feeling totally NOT HUNGRY, and maybe even sort of sick to my stomach...

I am working in the British LIbrary today (I am a Professor of Literature in the University of London), and haven't had a twinge of either hunger or fatigue. In about a half an hour I am going to have a chicken drumstick and my first handful of salad -- lettuce without dressing. Have drunk one litre of water already- partly to cut that queezy feeling in my gut.

I am so thrilled to read your food lists, and to see that it is possible to not eat sweets and live to tell

Good day everyone over there in the USA - you are probably fast or asleep or just getting up for the morning.

Rubyjan

sylvia78
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Welcome aboard, RubyJan

Breakfast:
1c egg/broccoli/pepper/onion scramble
4 chicken sausage
3c water by 8

Lunch:
2c mustard spinach
3c romaine
7oz tomato
4oz chicken breast
2Tbl olive oil

Snack
2 baby cucumbers
2 stalks celery

Dinner:
6.3oz chicken thighs
3c mustard spinach
3c lettuce
6.4oz tomato
2Tbl olive oil
3c broccoli
1Tbl butter

aud
04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Professor of Lit/London U? WOW!:carrot: Yes, eggs for breakfast were one of my joys returning to Atkins rubyj - really take the hunger away mid-morning munchies etc . . . glad you're getting your veg in regardless of hunger!
Here's the LC Pizza Recipe again - squares froze so nicely - that will be lunch for me with a fairly plain salad (no cheese -drizzle of olive oil):

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth (I use a blender).
Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices.
Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.
Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.
Cover with mozzarella cheese.
Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your 'za!)
Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

Puncezilla
04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Br. chicken salad
Sn. 10pc. mixed nuts.
L. mini smokies, green pepper sticks. Peppers are very expensive here too, usualy 2.99 for green and 3.99-4.99lb for yellow, orange, red.
D. Baked salmon, coleslaw.

RubyJan
04-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Well ladies, I am about to go to sleep and I think I have done an atkins-by-the-book induction day! Hooray! I had two drumsticks for lunch as it turns out, and salad handfuls, and tonight I had a lamb steak and a half a red pepper and just now had a few slices of havarti cheese.
Its amazing -- no sugar, no splenda, no sweetness at all -- must be the first day i have gone without in about three years!

After feeling sick from those morning eggs, I have felt better and better as the day has gone on. And now that I am through for the day, I feel even better! I know that the first day is the hardest -- so thanks for all your support...
have a good evening everybody.

Ruby

KrisR
04-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Good job RubyJan!

5am - tuna w/mayo
9am - 2 scrambled eggs & cappo
11:30 - cappo & 1/2 c broccoli salad
2:00 - 5 prawns, salad w/ dressing, sesame seaweed, 1/3c ricotta w/ cocoa, 1/8 cup mixed nuts
5:30 - tea w/cream, celery sticks
7:30 - lamb tenderloin, salad w/ dressing, tomato & feta cheese

SherryA
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Deviated somewhat yesterday

Breakfast 2 eggs
Lunch?
Snack (here's the deviation) Nachos (about 4 with corn chips under them) Mexican dip (all allowed foods) strawberries (allowed at a higher level) one orange slice (not allowed), and raw zuchinni and raw carrots (one or two of the carots).
Dinner: Pork chops, fresh green beans.

aud
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
What's cappo Kris?

TODAY - 4/4:

B: LC High Protein Smoothie ~ STILL minus the yogurt

L: Tuna w/ salad

D: LC Pizza Square with Steamed Cauli

Not sure of snacks . . . going for 120 oz of water tho'.

sylvia78
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Great idea Aud, putting the date on the post.

April 4

Breakfast:
3/4c broccoli/pepper/onion/egg scramble
6sl bacon
3cwater by 8:30

Lunch:
3c water by noon
2c lettuce
2.5c mustard spinach
8oz tomato
5oz chicken breast
2Tbl olive oil
vinegar

Snack:
2 stalks celery
1/2c lettuce

Dinner:
4oz chicken thigh
3c broccoli
1Tbl butter
3c mustard spinach
2c romaine
4.3oz tomato
2Tbl mayo

Puncezilla
04-04-2008, 05:04 PM
April 4,
Br. Fried chicken
L. Smokie, green pepper pieces.
Sn. two tbsp. hemp hearts.
D. Fried chicken, greek salad.

KrisR
04-05-2008, 03:14 AM
What am I eating??? EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!!

I'm having a terrible time this afternoon....I just can't seem to get satisfied. My carb count is fine but I just can't seem to stop thinking about eating and doing some eating. I can't wait for dinner in 2 hours and then the kitchen is CLOSED for the day.

Think I'll go do a meditation for 30 minutes and see if that helps. ugh. I hate days like this.

RubyJan
04-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Kris -- you are doing so much exercise with your 'ocean mat' (what is that, anyway?) that its not surprising you've felt hungry all day today. DO you let yourself have extra vegetables without counting carbs on them (I know that some people do) - if so, vege and butter is so lovely... Ah, but you may be already asleep now....but maybe for breakfast? I am about to have my lunch: salad with chicken and water...

sylvia78
04-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Today - April 5

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs
4 chicken sausages

Lunch:
4.9oz grilled beef short ribs
3oz chicken leg w/skin
3c mustard spinach
2c romaine
4.3oz tomato
2Tbl olive oil
vinegar

Snack:
4.3oz tomato

Dinner:
1.9oz grilled beef short ribs
2c mustard spinach
2c romaine
4.1 oz tomato
2oz cucumber
1Tbl mayo
7oz asparagus
1/2Tbl butter

SherryA
04-05-2008, 04:50 PM
yesterday
breakfast 2 eggs
lunch 2 pieces of chicken, beef and mushrooms, havarti cheese
Dinner Chicken, Artichoke, tomato slices.
snack (my deviation.... got to stop this) Poured a glass of Sunny Delight and drank a couple of swallows decided it was too sweet and gave it to my daughter. Ate an orange.

JerseyGyrl
04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, 2 links breakfast sausage, low carb/low sugar vanilla yogurt, cinnamon apple spice decaf tea with 1 packet Splenda, 1 Tbsp. heavy cream

Lunch: salad with sliced cucumber, cold, cooked green beans, 2 Tbsp Ken's Steakhouse Italian dressing, homemade tuna salad

Vanilla Protein Shake

Dinner: Beef stir-fry (beef strips with red, yellow & green peppers, red onion), small salad with creamy ceasar dressing

1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts

SherryA
04-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Bad day today, ate too many things off track.

Brunch: 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, bacon and spinach salad with balsamic vinegar/bacon dressing.
Snack: one chocolate chip cookie (Mrs. Fields)
Later snack: Strawberries, smoothy with chocolate protein powder and berries. Orange smoothy with ice cream my son made.
Dinner: steak and veggys small amount of mashed potatoes.

Really deviated badly today. Shouldn't even post this, but I do to keep myself honest. When the scale is up by two or three pounds in a few days and refuses to budge for days and days after I want to remember how far I went astray. The thing is that I didn't go for what I really wanted (chocolate), probably would have been a better choice than all the deviations that didn't satisfy.

Anyway planning to get back to strict induction tomorrow. In 3 more days I will be back in ketosis. Gotta start back from scratch.

RubyJan
04-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I mean I know I only have 3.5 days of Induction under my belt (0r rather, my belly) but the great thing is that there is Induction to get back to and its miracle is the way it takes away (or has so far for me) that craving thing...
I think you are right, though, if you are too close to edge to clamber back, then best to eat the thing you really really want.

SO today on day 4 I have had
breakfast: tuna with mayonnaise, red pepper, and salad onions.
lunch: chicken leg, mayonnaise, asparagus

tonight: sauteed shrimp, cheese for dessert.

Ruby J.

sylvia78
04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Today - April 6

Breakfast:
3 egg/pepper/broccoli/zucchini scramble
1/2c decaf

Lunch:
2 grilled chicken legs
2c spinach
2c romaine
2.3oz tomato
1T mayo

Dinner:
6.1oz chicken thigh
2c green beans
2c spinach
2c romaine
2 baby cucumber
2Tbl mayo
vinegar

Snack:
2.2oz chicken thigh

Azure
04-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Sunday 4/6:

Late start today (woke up at 11, first meal at 1:00), and I had a HUGE first meal. I'm sure it'll keep me satisfied, though!

Lunch
- 1 c. cauliflower
- 3 oz mozz cheese
- .5 oz pepperoni
- .25 c. tomato sauce
- 1.5 tbs canola oil
- 1 egg
(681 cal / 53g fat / 11g net carb / 38g protein)

sylvia78
04-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Breakfast:
zucchini/broccoli/pepper/egg scramble
3 sl bacon

Snack:
2 sl bacon

Lunch:
3.5oz grilled chicken breast
3c romaine
5oz tomato
1.5T olive oil
vinegar

Snack:
2oz grilled chicken breast
3 stalks celery

2nd Snack:
4oz tomato
2 stalks celery

Dinner:
4.5oz grilled chicken thigh
3c spinach
2c lettuce
1/4 baby cucumber
5oz tomato

ShannanA
04-07-2008, 04:01 PM
All weekend (at work) I ate bacon and eggs. Now that I am home I will eat sauerkraut and smoked sausage. I also have string cheese and sunflower seeds to snack on. I don't get the munchies at work but I sure do at home.

Currently at home I only have a mini fridge and no stove, so I can't really get a variety foods.

sylvia78
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Breakfast:
4 sl bacon
1c decaf
splenda

Lunch:
3c romaine
2sl tomato
.5oz shredded carrots
4oz grilled chicken breast
1Tbl olive oil
vinegar

Snack:
1/5 lg tomato
2 stalks celery

Dinner:

sylvia78
04-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Breakfast:
36g bacon

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

broadabroad
04-11-2008, 12:40 AM
God, I'm RUBBISH in the holidays! Keep forgetting to take my supplements.

Yesterday:

BREAKFAST: 2 slices of Pepper-laced Gouda cheese, each topped with a spoonful of salsa.

LUNCH: bacon & grilled chicken caesar (with most of the croutons tracked down and removed).

DINNER: chicken/pepper stirfry (in coconut oil), feta salad, low carb DIY chocolate berry cheesecake.

....er, and several glasses of red wine - my friend came over for dinner, and he brought a bottle and a great big french baguette. I eschewed the bread, but I did join him in the wine.

aud
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM
B: High Protein Smoothie - minus the LC yogurt

L: 2 small pieces of grilled tilapia
1/2 c spinach

S: 2 large Revol-OOpsie Rolls w/Butter
2 cups cheezy cauli-mash
1 grilled salmon (square) fillet

RubyJan
04-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Am gearing up for the weekend -- off to Pilates in a few minutes. Fay, you do have a good life over there in Bangkok, eh? It is very inspiring. Over here it is rainy and cold and the yellow dress I planned to wear to the wedding won't do.... I have been so thrilled to have lost 7 pounds that I almost forgot that I am still fat as a house! In my head I have become a slim yellow-dress wearing sylph, but in real life I am still dumpy me.
haven't had a drink in 8 days -- jeez. Ruby

broadabroad
04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
Woman, if I were presently 182lb I would be DANCING IN THE STREETS, so don't give me this "fat as a house" nonsense! Pish and tosh and fiddlesticks! However, I'm sorry to hear that the yellow dress isn't presently wearable. That is indeed of the suck. (I didn't touch alcohol for the first couple of months, but now I'm allowing it on special occasions. Um. Although increasingly I suspect that my play rehearsals are going to benefit from four or five vodkas...)

Meanwhile, Today's Foodstuffs so far:

BREAKFAST: Leftover chocolate berry cheesecake. (...what? Don't look at me like that!)

LUNCH: Cold chicken satay. The last remnant of leftover chocolate berry cheesecake. Spiced macadamia nuts.

DINNER:....?

RobinW
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Todays food....

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
Lunch~ 2 boiled eggs
Snack~ 2oz ham and 1 oz cheddar
Supper~ taco salad w/1 blob sour cream

.....keeping the fats and proteins high today to keep the sugar cravings down, and to get rid of the excess water that has decided to stay! :(

sylvia78
04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
RubyJ, sorry about the dress. It will fit perfectly very soon.
Fay you are a hoot. You make everything seem better.
Robin, drinks lots of water. It sounds way crazy but the more water you drink the more you body will let go of water its holding.

Breakfast:
Usual Egg/broccoli/zucchini/pepper scramble
4 sl bacon

I did something different for lunch today.
Lunch:
2c mustard spinach
2c romaine
8.7oz tomato
4.7oz carne asada [mexican skirt steak]
3oz lightly grilled onions

Snack:
I am still stuffed from lunch. The beef is sitting heavy in my stomach but I really needed it. Even after that, I've still got a craving for beef.

Dinner:

imstuffed
05-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I disappeared from here a few months ago and totally went off plan ... oops! The good news though is that since then I have lost an additional 8lbs. Not what I would have lost had I stuck to atkins but hey, its better than a gain :)

So I thought I would jump straight in here and give my menu for today. I'll feel well silly if I don't stick to it this way :)

Not the best start as I missed breakfast but anyway...

Early lunch: BLT salad - basically just like having a BLT but without the bread and using extra lettuce and a little mayo. So yum!!!

Dinner will be white fish sqewers baked in the oven with some spinach on the side

For snacks I have precooked meet in the fridge, salami and ham. If I feel the need to munch I can have a nibble on them!

Hope everyone's having a good day :)

sandyfanny
05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm not a good breakfast eater, but I love brunch. Today I'm having a sausage, egg and cheese quiche for breakfast. It's one of my go-to meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner...even snacks.

sandyfanny
05-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Breakfast: 1/2 serving of pound cake (made with almond flour)
3 c. coffee w/ cream

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad (Tyson frozen grilled chicken breast filets) with red romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, homemade Thousand Island dressing

sandyfanny
05-30-2011, 02:24 PM
4 Baby Back Ribs, barbecued last night
1 Jillian Michael's protein shake made with half coffee/half water, a little heavy cream - delicious!