Other Reduced Carb Diets - Daily intake Thread

View Full Version : Daily intake Thread

nasus40
03-29-2008, 01:20 PM
HHMM thought it would help if we posted our foods and or calorie/ carb/ fiber intake for ourselves or others to help, if we want you can add exercise too It may be helpful it we posted the plan we are on for new people to understand out intake.

(I have not started exercising just yet but when I do I can expect the weight to stop dropping while my muscles start to build back up.)

nasus40
03-29-2008, 01:26 PM
starting yesterday intake was actually terrible

diet. PP

supplement just potassium and mag. (nned to start mvi's)

food:
breakfast 2 soft boiled eggs and 1/4 cup fiber one'
missed lunch
supper crispy salad from mcd's with ranch
snack 3 tbs peanutbutter

calories/fat/carbs/ fiber/ protien

809/52/45/13/54

water sucked too but made up for it in the evening drank half a piture of water.

bambifox
03-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Great thread Sue! I'm in! Do we post today from the previous day...that might be better so this way you can post your daily intake all at once! Just a thought...what do you think?

BTW, on the exercise thingy...I don't think you'll see a stall when you start exercising (depending on what type of exercise). If you start slow with some cardio...you can add weights later. Cardio is really what burns the fat off for me personally. Weights burn fat too by increasing the BMR. A combination of both is optimal...but when I started, it just was easier for me to start with cardio only. Joyce

nasus40
03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes i think it would be better to post either the day before's or in the evening the day (or you can edit the post)

stall is not a stall at all it is just that muscles weigh much more than fat and takes less space so as i gain muslce and lose fat I will shrink but stay at the same weight. (if i work hard enough i may even gain for a short time I have done that before) I actually have a very large muscle mass waiting to be built back up. (example at 150 i was a size 14 tight with no exercise at 170 exercising i was a tight 12

petra65
03-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Good idea Sue. Here's my day so far. I'll edit later.

Plan: PP

B: kefir protein shake(berries, whey protein), sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: chef salad at Cracker Barrel with bleu cheese dressing.
D: wings with BBQ sauce, left over cauliflower.
Supplements: 1 gram L-carnitine, a multi called Four Pillars (it's actually 4 pills that covers a bunch of stuff), Ca, Mag, CoQ10.

Exercise: does 4 hours of shopping count? ;)

I got carried away with some BBQ sauce on my wings!:eek: That stuff can be dangerous!

Cal: 1511
Pro: 94
ECC: 42
Fiber: 9
Fat: 115

nasus40
03-29-2008, 06:58 PM
k here's my day today

b- 2 eggs and 1/4 c fiber one
l- atkins shake
d= fried clams. (small amount) and fried haddock
s- pb and celery

Need to eat more though

976cal /57fat/53carb/ 18 fiber/74protien

supps are still k and mag. will try a vit this evening. take too much inthe morning to handle vits on top of that handful.

petra65
03-29-2008, 07:11 PM
what is amoung?

nasus40
03-29-2008, 07:20 PM
LOL it is a typo. thanks for the giggle.

SoulBliss
03-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Nausus40 you are eating a dangerously low calorie and not nutritionally sound diet these last two days. Do you plan to up and balance your intake? I hope that doesn't sound harsh but I am concerned for you. :hug:

stayincalm
03-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's me so far (it's 4:42 here):

49 oz water
coffee with 1/4 cup unsweetened soy,two tablespoons cream, liquid splenda.
1 slice flaxbred toasted with a slice of swiss cheese.
One cup shredded lettuce(taco style) with taco meat and a tablespoon of cottage cheese.
1 string cheese for snack.
1/4 fresh steamed green beans

Expect dinner to be: Steamed cauliflower and brocc with chopped onion and yellow pepper along with a sirloin burger topped with gorgonzola.

xo
SC

bambifox
03-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Okay...here I go...crappy food day though...not enough...busy day...

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal w/raisans and DV SF Syrup & Erythritol powder
S - 1 oz salted cashews
L - MickeyDees Bacon/Ranch Salad w/2 patties of grilled chicken & Ranch Dressing (full fat)
S - Dannon Low Carb Yogart (1)
D - 0 Carb Whey Isolate (Isopure) Shake w/1 banana & 4 strawberries
Grilled Chicken Breast (1)
S - 1/4 cup fresh pinapples

Macros: 48P/22F/29C
Calories: 1354
Sodium: 2738
183grams Protein, 108 grams Carb, 14 grams Fiber, 37 grams Fat

nasus40
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
No offence taken, the last two days were low intake really bad no vegies either, I know I am not usually this bad, just did not cook, MMM cabage salad sounds great that should help!!

petra65
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Joyce-I take it this is a high carb day for you?

bambifox
03-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Nope Petra....it's a low carb day! I forget to put measurements on oatmeal which is only 1/2 cup and protein shake has 0 carbs.

SoulBliss
03-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, that is a low carb day? I'd guestimate that at about 100 grams of carbs and about 10-12 grams of fiber, depending on exact size of each item. What is a high carb day for you? Not being cheeky, just curious as to what your body needs/responds to, as we are all different. For me, low carb is under 50 grams net a day (I actually stay between 20-40 grams).

Nasus, I love cabbage! I cook it with onions and extra virgin coconut oil.

bambifox
03-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Wow SoulB!!! That was a pretty good guesstimate! I logged in my foods this morn to thedailyplate.com. Here's the breakdown:

Total Calories: 1354
Macros: 48%P/22%F/29%C
183g Protein/108g Carb (14g Fiber)= Net 94grams Carb/37g Fat

Also, I didn't eat the Orange and only had 1/4 cup fresh pinnapple and had the Grilled chicken breast last night but skipped the salad and blue cheese! Everything else is accurate...I'll update it now!

SoulB - My high carb days consists of more nuts, beans, and yams so my total carb intake is around 130-140 grams.

petra65
03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, thanks for reminding me. I want to get some cabbage to cook this week. I love it too. I've never tried it in coconut oil but I like almost everything else in it-why not?

I had a pretty carby breakfast today but it was very healthy-Greek yogurt with fresh berries. I'm planning something really extravagant for dinner: PRIME RIB It was on a ridiculous sale last week for Easter so I bought a small one and am going to cook it today. OMG! Maybe I'll cook the cabbage to go with it. Man will I have some fantastic left overs this week.

nasus40
03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
did not eat the cabage last night just went to bed. But today I am making an effort to make sure Ido better, that was 3 days of very low cals.

2 egg
fiber one (i do not vary to much)
salad w 1 oz ham ranch dressing
2 oz very sharp cheese

Dinner

hamburger on 2 slices of low carb bread with provolone cheese and a large of lettuce
brussels (I ate a big pile of them!!!)

Intake for the day

1402 cal/ 91 fat/ 50 total carb/ 20 fiber/ 102 protien

petra65
03-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Sue-are you reaching your protein minimum?

SoulBliss
03-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow SoulB!!! That was a pretty good guesstimate! ;) I know my nutritional counts, that's for sure!

nasus40
03-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I have not figured my protien min at this time. I am not sure where to find it. I used to know, and it was based on your lean body mass, but I have no clue at this time where i am (almost don't want to know) for my bmi

SoulBliss
03-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Are you doing PP or another plan, Nasus?

The general dietary recommendation is 0.8 g/kg.

I made a really great breakfast. :carrot:

I cooked all the following into a scramble:

Extra protein tofu (5 oz.)
Zucchini (1 small, sliced and chopped)
Spinach (1 cup)
Arugula (1 cup)
Onion (3 rings, minced)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Pecans (1 oz.)
Extra virgin coconut oil (1 T.)

And then topped it with:

Baby grape tomatoes (3, sliced in half)
Jalapeño stuffed green olives (2, sliced)
Green salsa (tomatillo based, 3 T.)
Avocado (1/2, sliced)

And ate a low carb tortilla (14 grams of fiber 5 grams of net carb) with it.

petra65
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM
In PPLP they made it simple and just put a table in the book where you could look it up based on your height and weight. I looked yours up. It comes out to 34 grams/meal or 102 grams/day. That is what mine is too but if I do the whole LBM and activity level thing it comes out a little less. I think they estimated the most you could possibly need based on that weight and height and just used it for everyone. Aim for 100 and you will probably be close.

SoulBliss
03-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I shoot for 100 or as close to it as possible, especially on lifting days.

nasus40
03-30-2008, 05:15 PM
thanks i will have to increase a bit I usually used to hit 100 to 120 or greater I cut down to 2 eggs and only 1 can of tuna. that droped my regualr intake down quite a bit.

PP but I need to read the book again have not picked it up in a few years! It is great for motivation

bambifox
03-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I usually just aim for 1gram per body weight. I try to reach 165 grams, but usually end up around 120-130. Hey...aim for the sky and maybe you'll hit the moon! Damn SoulB you certainly eat alot (it's harder than most people think to eat alot of healthy whole foods)...one thing's for sure...I definately know where I'm going for vegatable creativity!!! I wouldn't think you would have so many choices...but I can smell that delish food all the way from VA! Okay..back to my lousy food accountability:

So Far today (will edit this eve)

1/2 oz cashews
1 cup iceburg salad
1 chicken breast
2 tsp blue cheese dressing
3 cups coffee w/soy milk & splenda
1/2 oz cashews
1/2 cup cottage cheese (4%milkfat)
Zero Carb Whey Isolate Protein Shake
1 banana
4 strawberries
1/2 cup fresh pinnapple chunks

Gosh...I know this is bad before I input this into thedailyplate.com. Not enough calories (most of them eaten later in the day).

I know...I know...hideous! I'm working hard today helping my daughter unpack and getting all the stuff we moved re-assembled!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

petra65
03-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm with Bambi. SoulBliss-you are certainly very creative with your diet.

Here's what I have so far. Will edit later. I think I'm going to go over a little again.
All I can say about this dinner is OMG!!!

B: 7 oz. Fage 2% Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries, 3/4 cup strawberries, sugar free latte
S: chocoperfection bar
L: left over dreamfields pasta with vodka sauce (that's the end of that)
D: prime rib with horseradish sourcream, cabbage cooked in coconut oil, glass of shiraz

Exercise: walked dogs for 30 minutes.

I'm on the money for carbs. I think Fitday may have underestimated the number of calories in my primerib. I didn't weigh it, just my best guess.

Pro:100
ECC: 40
Fiber: 26
Fat: 101??
Calories: 1741

stayincalm
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Ugh: I suck. Here is what I have had today thusfar (it is 3:00 p.m. here)
B: Coffee with soymilk and three tbsp. cream/splenda, one scrambled egg, two pieces bacon.
L: Cheesecake pudding with blueberries ( I know...not a shred of protein to be seen but it was just sitting there...calling my name.) One square of a Chocoperfection bar (why ruin my sweets end run?)
Dinner: In its planning stages but I believe it will be a salad with cucs and chicken salad along with a glass of merlot. Well, I can be sure about the Merlot part because I just poured a glass to go with my net surfing.

tee hee.

sc

p.s. Exercise: Does walking around the Antiques Mall while DD9 and DH are at the regular mall count?

SoulBliss
03-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Damn SoulB you certainly eat alot (it's harder than most people think to eat alot of healthy whole foods)...one thing's for sure...I definately know where I'm going for vegatable creativity!!! I wouldn't think you would have so many choices...but I can smell that delish food all the way from VA!

I *do* eat a lot (I love good food!) but when I cook veggies they lose a lot of bulk (water). The spinach and arugula, for instance, cooked down to less than 1/2 cup combined and the olives and tomatoes made about 3 T. combined.

I am glad you and Petra and others are enjoying my creativity. ;) I'm eating for health, fat loss and muscle building, (oh, and pleasure too!!!) so everything is pretty carefully planned. I LOVE to cook. It actually isn't bothering me at all to cook for DH and DD (starchy things) but it's difficult to not tase things to be sure they are just right. So, now, I just ask DD to. She's got a great palate anyway. :)

It's 3pm here and I'm just having the second meal of the day. I had some unsweetened vanilla almond milk around 1pm.

Here's what I just cooked:

12 oz. artichoke hearts in vegetable broth, 12 oz. seitan (wheat gluten/protein)1/4 an onion, 4 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp. each of extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil and I ate 1/3 of it and DH ate 2/3 of it (he also had a a POUND of fried potatoes, 1 cup of corn, 1/2 cup of green salsa and now is eating 1/2 a pint of Purely Decadent Swingin' Anna Banana soy ice cream. *sigh* That man can EAT!!! :dizzy: ).

I think I will have a big salad later with mixed baby greens, spinach, English cucumber, homemade dressing (herbs, spices, garlic, oil, lemon juice, umeboshi vinegar) and miso soup with green onions and tofu.

For a snack, I'll make a shake later with coconut milk, coconut flour, unsweetened almond milk, a few blueberries and strawberries and hemp protein powder. Oh, and raw cacao flour too. :carrot:

That should put me where I need to be with fiber, protein, carbs and fats!

nasus40
03-30-2008, 07:43 PM
did much better with my intake this day just edited my earlier post. 1402 cal and 102 protien whoo hoo and did great with the water. hit that with about 1 gal or close to it.

petra65
03-30-2008, 08:41 PM
hopefully the woosh fairy will come to visit you now.

nasus40
03-31-2008, 06:06 AM
whoosy fairy did a dump on me. I was down another lb (don't like to record unless I see it twice) to 223 I am up 3 today 226. All water weight. ugh even my eyes are a bit puffy. I guess I over loaded the water yesterday and was not used to that much. the salad dressing tasted salty too. I guess hidden valley was too salty I will have to fine one that I like. and maybe the bread I know carbs will cause fluid retention. so maybe I tried that a bit too early in the game. Or just have to know that it will do that I am not sure what caused the fluid a bit of all i guess. but i wll need to be close to gas stations today, that may be hard I am glad Ihave napkins in the car! :rofl:

petra65
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Where are all the daily food posters?

B: Choc protein shake (1.5 cups choc carb countdown milk, 1/4 cup choc whey protein powder, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract), sugar free latte with Carb countdown milk
L: BBQ wings, sauteed cabbage (left overs)
D: prime rib with horseradish sourcream sauce and capriese salad (tomatoes and mozzarella).

Pro: 179
ECC: 38
Fiber: 6
Fat: 126
Calories: 2041

nasus40
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
I amhere just had a late meal wanted to get it all done on one post

usual pill popping done

breakfast (almost forgot to eat.) had an atkins shake (would have been better if I ate my ususal)

Lunch can of tuna w mw light (my preference)
and 1/2 c cottage cheese made ala faux rice pudding

dinner 2 chicken thighs cookled in cream of mush soup Did not eat any soup just what was on the chicken
and huge pile of cauliflower with butter

Intake not that good

cal 913/ fat 43/ carbs 29/ fiber 11/ prot 102

water did not do that great again driving makes it hard.

bambifox
03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Damn Petra...still eating that delish Prime Rib w/horseradish!!! I'm officially jealous! Okay..accountability...blaaa:

B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese (4%milkfat)
S - 1/4 oz Cashews (salted)
L - 1 Grilled chicken breast over garden salad (iceburg) w/2 tsp blue cheese
S - 1/4 cup Cashews (salted
D - Zero Carb Whey Protein shake
1 Banana
4 Strawberries

Exercise: 30 min, level 4 eliptical (sweat like a pig...and it was just what the doctor ordered!...love it) I felt real strong today.

I also drink about 1/2 gal of water and about a quart of "Yerba Mate" tea (I'll tell ya about it on the weekly chat section...ooooh...it's great!)

BTW, thanks Nasus for the pill reminder! When I sat down to post my gosh aweful daily menu today...I read your post about "pill popping" and ran to get my eve pills (I take fish oils, b6/kelp/lecithin/vinegar, and fiber pills). Sorry no macros...haven't put it into thedailyplate yet...I'll edit later.

SoulBliss
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Today:

1 oz. pecans

2 servings whole soy protein powder in coconut chai black tea (this was GOOD!!!)

1 MSM Emergen-C

6 cups chopped salad (eaten on 2 occasions) with romaine, spinach, arugula, celery, tomato, green onions, slivered almonds, cabbage, soy cheese, soy "slices", soy chicken and a lemon olive oil dressing

2 cups steamed broccoli

1 oz. sunflower seeds

1 1/2 oz. 88% dark chocolate :o

2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

1 oz. flax and soy tortilla chips (these have 9 grams of carbs per serving, too many really for my liking, for the volume and nutrition, but I gave in to a craving/stress eating)

1/2 cup pickled spicy carrots

10 cups of water

I don't have time for the breakdown, but I met all my minimums today, even though it wasn't a typical day and I was stressed out!!!

nasus40
04-01-2008, 05:55 AM
SB I do like your choices. even those chips they sound actually good.

petra65
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Man did I have a carby breakfast again. Greek yogurt with berries and nuts. Hard to feel guilty about that. We'll see how the rest of the day turns out.

SoulBliss
04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Nasus! I feel good this morning too, and that's a good measure of if my prior days plan was good for me or not. ;) I enjoyed the chips (one serving) and it didn't cause me to spiral of control, so that's GOOD!!!

Petra that breakfast sounds great.

Here's the NSV Scale-free challenge I started, for those who are interested in celebrating all the changes we are making that aren't related to numbers on a scale! There's no reason we can't participate in many types of challenges, and so many people expressed they wanted a way to not focus just on the numbers on a scale as a measure of worth and progress.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2127321#post2127321

bambifox
04-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Okay...here's my stats for today so far:

B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese (4%milkfat)
S - nothing
L - 2 cups brocolli and 3/4 piece of grilled chicken breast
S - protein (zero carb whey)
4 strawberries (fresh)
1/4 cup blueberries (fresh)
1/4 cup cashews (salted)
D - 1 cup Lentils w/smoked pork neckbones
S - 1 Sugar Free Peppermint Patty...yum!

Okay...that's it...this thread is great! Didn't enter my foods into dailyplate yet, but at least it's here so I can go back and input it! Yeah! Don't think I did too bad, but always room for improvement!

Exercise: 30 min cardio (elipticle) burned 345 calories!

SIC - I wonder how your famous "cheesecake pudding" would taste with some whey protein powder (maybe Vanilla flavor). Can you post the recipe? You've talked about it sooo much and DH and DD loves it sooo...I wan't some too! I will try to make it with maybe a scoop or two of Isopure Vanilla...and see how it comes out...that would definately be a nice change (and protein addition). Thanks.

petra65
04-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Well I don't know what is going on here. I've decided to go grain free and this is my second day in a row over 2000 calories!! What's up with that?

B: 7 oz greek yogurt, 1/2 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1.5 oz mixed nuts (yes, I weighed them)
L: BBQ chicken wings, 1 cup cabbage sauteed in coconut oil (leftovers)
D: 2 cheese burgers (no bun) with 1 carb ketchup and sugar free relish.

Pro: 160
ECC: 43
Fiber: 11
Fat: 142
Calories: 2143

nasus40
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
visited my doc today as she had wanted to see me in 1 month I have lost weight from then 241 down to 226 way good she is a low cal person and she is concerned avout the low carb and wants me to go low fat too I just looked at her and said I am watching my fat intake. not going hog wild with it. So>>> I will get my bloods drawn in june some time thaen we will see what is up. including cholesterol. I can't wait.

food for the day

b= eggs with fiber one
l= 2 cans tuna with mwl
snack 4 chicken nuggets (yuch they tasted like grasy cardboard (boy did that make me happy)
dinner okra and ham

I will eat a snack later probably PB on celery

cal 1084/ fat 43/ ecc 44/ prot 123

the mcnuggets I had to pee really bad and stopped at mcd's to pee and felt like a wuss just peeing and i knew my cal intake was low so I ordered these and I will not do that again they were not good. (I usually love them) I am so happy!!

bambifox
04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Okay, April 2, 2008. Here's my daily intake so far:

B - 1/2 cup cottage cheese - 4% milkfat
S - 1 cheese stick
L - 1 cup lentils w/pork smoked neckbones

Will update this eve. Good day all! I'm getting off to a crappy start, but here's to accountability!

nasus40
04-02-2008, 08:25 PM
did better at this time. I am proud of my accomplishements not so good on the water though

b 2 eggs and 1/4 c fiber one
s 3 tbs or so of pb
l egg salad
s 1 oz cheese
sup steak and cauliflower and brocoli by the bushel

intake

cal 1299/ fat 94/ eec 23 /protien 85

petra65
04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I've had an interesting eating day.

B: 2 eggs, scrambled, 4 slices center cut bacon, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: BBQ chicken wings, sauteed cabbage (last of that)
D: 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

Pro: 127
ECC: 36
Fiber: 16
Fat: 125
Calories: 1814

nasus40
04-03-2008, 05:28 AM
I am down 2 of the three I had gained water is slow to come off this time. (I am kinda glad did not wnat to pee offf 3 lbs at once would have been a flood here in cny! :rofl:

Petra you intake does not seem to match your cal intake. If I ate that I would be under 1000 cals. Unless you are eating more than I think you are, Just cottage cheese for dinner???

petra65
04-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Maybe I should have specified how many chicken wings I had for lunch. I had 10. Fitday says that is 863 calories. they were wingettes.

stayincalm
04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Well....per my post on the weekly thread, I seem to want to eat everything today but in reality have had my regular coffee with soymilk and cream, about 50 ounces of water so far, a VERY LARGE (say...Jed Clampett sized) tuna salad with the tuna and mayo on top of what may have been an entire head of lettuce AND a package of pepperoni and cheese. Ugh. What a sloth. I'm already thinking about dinner. Sad...just sad. Thank God I don't like sweets or I would be jonesing for those too.

ox
SC

nasus40
04-03-2008, 07:10 PM
did not do good this day I think I have nto done fit day yet but I will.

2 boiled eggs with fiber one. (big surprize there) I am a creature of habit!
(teh girls then wanted me to go out to breakfast with them so I did)

2 over easy eggs 4 strips of bacon and 1/2 the order of hash browns
2 oz cheese
2 cans of tuna w/ mwl

I will have to have a salad for the vegie

popped my pills and went to get some mvi high potency!! so I will start that tomorow

1322 cal/ fat 69/ ecc 37/ protien 132 (not as bad as I thought) high on the carbs but i figured that

sky123
04-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't know how much protein, carb, fat, etc but I do know calories... about 1500.

nasus40
04-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi sky. I figure mine out at fit day then post here if that helps.

petra65
04-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm going to be over today but again, I haven't eaten junk so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

B: chocolate protein shake, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: taco salad without chips, unsweet tea
D: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 cheese burgers without buns

Will put in fitday material later.

Ok. Here's the Fitday totals
Pro: 119
Fiber: 11
Calories: 1559

nasus40
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
petra I do understand about the feelings when going into the NH. We used to see the docs or NP and they would almost cringe as 3 floors started paging them almost immedicalty. But you understand that the doc did nto come in but every once in a while and he cared for about 100 of the 120 people that we had there and he would just do 1/4 or less of the work then runout of the building. sad life there. to feel that you have to run out of the NH. just for sanity but if he just stayed and regularly came, it would not be so bad we would not bombard him so bad. becasue he did that we almost gave his NP (My doc) a nervoud breakdown. he would leave everythig to her. and she in her kind wonderful way would try to cover his butt and get everything done that he did not do, which was much!!! he finally hired a few more np and they started to come over on a regular basis. he still hid from us.

petra65
04-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I spend an entire day there once a week. No need for that kind of behavior. They just haven't had a psychiatrist for.....well, forever. So, they have been desperate.

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be talking about my food here.

I'm having a coffee smoothie this morning. Wasn't someone talking about these once before and having one at Starbucks that blew their carb budget? This one is pretty good. A Dana Carpender recipe.

1.5 cups CC milk, 2 tbsp vanilla whey powder, 1 tbsp sugar free choc. syrup, 2 tsp instant coffee granules, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, xanthan or guar gum for thickener. I would also suggest ice. I ended up adding ice. 8 grams of carbs for the whole thing. There are a couple others of these in this smoothie cook book so if I make more, I'll put the recipes up.

stayincalm
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
P: I've wanted to try some of Dana's recipes since I have one of the books but I don't know where to find the xanthan gum? Where oh where? I feel like a moron...especially since I asked if hey carried it at both Raley's and Safeway and the people looked at me like, "Step SLLLOWWWLLLLY away fromn the crazy fat lady". Blech.

SC

petra65
04-04-2008, 07:55 PM
They sell it at my local health food store so try whole foods. I'm sure you can also get it on line at netrition.

Here's my daily menu.

B: Coffee protein shake
L: 8 oz. ribeye, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli, carrots, unsweet tea
D: 9 oz. tuna with onion, canola mayo.

Pro: 159
ECC: 15
Fiber 17
Calories: 1743

Exercise: Lots of dog walking. I did my obedience homework. Tammy doesn't seem to want to learn to sit. She is otherwise a very smart dog. She already heels like a pro. A toddler came up and wanted to pet her while I was out walking and she was an angel. She's going to be a great therapy dog.

nasus40
04-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Food here was not the greatest,

eggs and fiber one
missed lunch so made up for dinner
snack was 3 oz cheese
dinner mcd salad
snack mozz sticks (fried)

cals over 1500 (did not have the cal count for breadded mozz stiks so it was with out the coating. / fat 95/ carbs 57 (cheese)/ prot 77 not a good day for me. tomorow will be better. I needed a mixed up day,

I am getting sick though my thorat has been burning for the entire day I have drank about 1 gal or more of water, headache/ UGH

stayincalm
04-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Mmmmmm. No breakfast. Typical coffee with soy and cream (heavy on the soy milk). Lunch was an egg salad sandwich with onion, sprouts, tomato and cucumber. I scraped the egg salad out and ate it (another one of those days where I was just ready to eat my arm.) Dinner was grilled porterhouse steaks, portabellos and onions sauted in butter and then also grilled, vine ripened tomato sliced and topped with fresh mozzerela and basil. Sprayed with balsamic spritz and lightly sprinkled with fresh parm.

nasus40
04-05-2008, 06:28 AM
sic that dinner was mouth wattering. Fridays is my bowling night so it was a instant dinner or else. (it has been mcd night for the kids since we started bowling. Starting the 22 I bowl 2 nights a week for 3 months/ I will have to watch those nights. carefully.

petra65
04-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Here's my accountability for the day.

B: ricotta pancakes, 1/4 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup straberries, double latte with soy milk
L: meatloaf, green beans in the hospital cafeteria
D: buffalo shrimp with blue cheese dressing

Exercise: 1 hour of dog walking/training

Pro:99
ECC: 44
Fiber: 34
Calories: 1777

nasus40
04-05-2008, 10:23 PM
My meals were actually missing some thing.

breakfast the usual eggs and fiber one
did not have lunch or snack
supper kind of early
roast pork and piles of brussels and broccoli with butter

under cal again but I am not feeling well kind of a head cold with out the stuffyness

SoulBliss
04-06-2008, 11:06 AM
2 Boca burgers with lettuce, mustard, Vegenaise, pickle slices, tomato slices and onion.

Delicious stir fry: Broccoli slaw, water chestnuts, garlic scapes, onion, red bell pepper, seitan, extra virgin coconut oil, rice wine vinegar, cayenne, sesame seeds, umeboshi vinegar and an herb and spice blend.

1.5 oz. Dagoba Conocado (87% Dark) with 1.5 oz. sliced toasted almonds.

2 cups zucchini with Red Hot, 2 T. pine nuts, black pepper and 1 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil.

Flax and Soy chips (I am going to avoid buying these again any time soon).

Teas (Coconut Chai, Slimlife Green Tea).

Sparkling berry essence water (Crystal Geyser brand, no sugar/no substitutes).

"Regular" water!

petra65
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I had a pretty good food day.

B: left over ricotta pancakes, sugar free syrup, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: baked chicken, 1/4 cup blackberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, sugar free whipped cream
D: grilled pork tenderloin, grilled mixed veggies (eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, portabellas, onions, etc.) and a glass of wine.

Pro: 115
ECC: 32
Fiber: 36
Calories: 1871

Exercise: at least 1 hour of yard work and 1 hour of dog walking/obedience training.

nasus40
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
today was a terrible day mostly becuase i was planning on beinghome early and well I had an issue and did nothave lunch with me. by the time I got home I was very hungry and late so I had a shake made hot dogs, beans,and vegies. I drank the shake, looked at the hot dogs and remembered my fluid gain and how hard it was to shake. and just could not put one in the mouth. the beans I make with maple syrup and it most carbs so I passed on that so I ate a pile of vegies. so a very poor day for me. i will not post my totals.

petra65
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Here's my day.

B: Yogurt protein smoothie (greek yogurt, frozen berries, strawberry whey protein powder, CC milk), sugar free latte with soy milk
L: roasted chicken leg, assorted grilled veggies (left overs)
D: caprese salad (tomato and mozarella), grilled pork with tzatziki, glass of wine.

Pro: 125
ECC: 33
Fiber 9
Calories:1452

Exericse: dog walking/training-45 minutes.

nasus40
04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
did better today,
eggs and fiber one
slimfast choc low carb
2 eggs
broccolli w butter
chicken breast

did well with the water today, no complaints

still not feeling well. taking decongestant and feel like the desert strayed to my mouth and throat, but still having issues with nasal drainage. so what the heck?? losing the appetite due to it all

stayincalm
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Here is me today: Coffee with soymilk, cream and sf hazelnut syrup, slice of flax bread with swiss cheese, hard boiled egg. Lettuce with shredded beef, sour cream and bottled water. Need to catch up on my water. I was lax today as I was driving around with DD9.

SC

petra65
04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Here's my odd assortment of food for the day.

B: cheese omelet, 4 slices bacon, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: chicken leg, assorted grilled veggies (leftovers)
D: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese with almond extract, 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa, splenda, 1 tbsp sliced almonds.

Pro: 102
ECC: 31
Fiber: 20
Calories: 1677

petra65
04-09-2008, 08:03 PM
This is an almost embarrasing food day but the totals aren't all that bad.

B: sugar free latte with soy milk
L: steak and eggs, unsweet tea.
S: sugar free candy
D: pickles, 2 pieces of fried chicken.

Pro: 120
ECC: 34
Fiber: 3
Calories: 1618

Do pickles count as a vegetable? LOL

nasus40
04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
did much better today, i had

egg and fiber one, I need to make some changes soon.
lunch 2 oz cheese then 12 slimfast low carb
2 large hamburgers, 1 cup okra 1 slices of cheese

cals over 1500 /carbs 25/ protien 117

nasus40
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
b- eggs and fiber one
l- can low carb shake
s's- 3 oz string cheese
d plate of okra, cabage salad. 3 chick thighs bbqed
3 small pieces of dried pinapple

drank tons of water

cals about 1200, too many carbs but it was the first time about 50 carbs this day, 0hnly 83 protien

took my vits and pills

petra65
04-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Food was better today.

B: cheese omelet, 4 strips bacon, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: shrimp and spinach salad with bacon vinagrette at Applebee's
D: capriese salad (tomato and mozarella), 2 pieces fried chicken

Pro: 108
ECC: 29
Fiber: 8
Calories: 1836

nasus40
04-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Petra you get the feelijng we are the only ones over here??

petra65
04-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Yes, I was noticing that you and I are the only two who consistently post here. I guess if anyone wants to see what a PP diet looks like compared to an Atkins plan, we are showing them that.

B: chocolate protein shake (1.5 cups choc CC milk, 1/4 cup choc whey protein powder, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract), sugar free latte with soy milk
L: 2 cheeseburgers without bun
S: peanuts, chocoperfection bar
D: ribeye steak, sauteed cabbage, glass of wine.

Pro: 175
ECC: 34
Fiber: 24
Calories; 2536 YIKES!!!

nasus40
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I was off plan last night as I went to my bowling banquet, So I will not post that meal

I will do todays though when i get done

SoulBliss
04-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Salad of arugula, spinach, romaine, 3 kinds of plant protein (seitan, tempeh and soy chick'n) a chipotle cream dressing, green onions, and tomatoes

Coffee with erythritol and unsweetened almond milk

And I will update later!!! ;)

nasus40
04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I was not op today until dinner so I will not post my meals I will be posting tomorow.

petra65
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm not eating off plan food but my eating is getting a bit wierd today. I may let today go also.

SoulBliss
04-13-2008, 07:53 PM
No! Share your "weird" food day, please! ;)

Everything I eat it "weird" compared to most, anyway! :lol:

petra65
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
I have had 2 custards today-2 different recipes

hot wings with blue cheese dressing
sugar free candy, beef jerky.

Is this getting strange enough yet? I wouldn't exactly call it meals.

petra65
04-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Here's my food for today. Not under 1700 but under 2000 for a change.

B: flan, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: 12 hot wings with 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing, 1 cup sauteed cabbage
D: 4 oz lamb (approximately), 1 cup zucchini/onion sautee

Pro: 84
ECC: 28
Fiber 21
Calories: 1817

Going to yoga tonight and walked Kobe for about 15 minutes. Tammy was at the vet.

SoulBliss
04-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I have had 2 custards today-2 different recipes

hot wings with blue cheese dressing
sugar free candy, beef jerky.

Is this getting strange enough yet? I wouldn't exactly call it meals.

I have days where I don't eat "meals" all the time.

Today has been one of them. ;)

Right now I am eating frozen strawberries.

Earlier I had broccoli and hulled sunflower seeds with Thai chile sauce.

Before that, a cafe Americano with erythritol and soy milk.

2 cups of hot Tazo Passion tea.

1 bag of salted, in the hull sunflower seeds.

Veggie protein slices and cheese.

Lots of water.

I may have some chocolate later, or some hemp protein and almond milk with cocoa powder and vanilla extract.

:)

nasus40
04-15-2008, 07:01 AM
I have had sudden cravings for the dried pinapple I know what it is the sweet surgary coating on the edges from the crystilazing. I must stop, but DH eats trail mix all the time, so I can not not buy it (I pick it out of the mix). It is hitting me with really bad, .... cravings I can not resist. I must get away from all that .... I have managed to gain 3 lbs in water weight the past 2 days from the carbs. I think it is TOM soon, or I would not have caved into the cravings so bad. UGH!!! I need to swich up my chrominium it does help. I have a bottle that is 500 mcg which is daily requirements but, before when I split the dose and took 200 in the am and 200 in the afternoon I did great, it helped with the night cravings. I need to get a different bottle.

petra65
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey, I think I didn't post yesterday. Here's todays food.

B: chocolate protein shake, sugar free latte
L: 5 tequila lime chicken wings, sour cream, side salad
S: flan, chocoperfection bar
D: 2 cans tuna with onion, canola mayo

Pro: 149
ECC: 26
Fiber: 18
Calories: 1683

petra65
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Am I the only one still posting here?

nasus40
04-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I am here just had a few really busy days father came and visited for a few days and needed to spend time with him. did not eat OP but will be back op starting tomorow.

SoulBliss
04-19-2008, 02:15 PM
I've been busy and not posting much in general, but I am eating more of the same...salads, protein powders, nuts, seeds, steamed and fried vegetables, extra virgin coconut oil, very dark chocolate, unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

SoulBliss
04-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Well, I was inspired to make a delicious curry for brunch. ;)

It had: Leek, yellow squash, asparagus, black soy beans, seitan, onion, garlic, green curry spices, black pepper, red hot sauce, lemon juice, tamari, umeboshi, and coconut milk.

petra65
04-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow SoulBliss! That sounds really interesting and spicy!

SoulBliss
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
It was really spicy and so good! We ate the entire thing. :D DH said: "That's one for the cookbook, baby!".

nasus40
04-24-2008, 08:35 PM
I am struggling to get back OP most of teh way there but not quite. I really had a rough time with TOM and cravings and now just plain cravings. I will be posting my meals soon

petra65
05-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's back to accountability ladies even though it wasn't a perfect day.

B: chocolate protein shake, 1 slice low carb bread with a tablespoon organic peanutbutter, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: leftover porkribs, capriese salad (tomatoes, mozarella)
D: 2 servings dreamfields pasta, hunt's organic pasta sauce, ground beef with grated parmesan, glass of red wine

Pro: 126
ECC: 46
Fiber: 26
Calories: 2034
Fat: 103

Exercise: walked dogs for 40 minutes and Kobe still isn't tired!

nasus40
05-04-2008, 07:53 PM
hmm mine sounds good.

3 boiled eggs with 1/4 cup fiber one

several tbs of pb to hold me over until red lobster

now this is really over carb but I was so good

several fried vegies (they make a very light batter) and calamari rings
shrimp. fish and clams and I am stuffed also a salad,

I aqm not goint to do the carbv and cal count at this time until I get back op more and then only if I have time.

petra65
05-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Here's my food today.

B: Quesadilla made with low carb tortilla, brie cheese, walnuts, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: strip steak, broccoli and carrots
D: I think it was Yak (I used counts for lamb as closest meat), cauliflower & broccoli

Pro: 98
ECC:20
Fiber: 39
Fat: 133
Calories: 1823

No special exercise today.

nasus40
05-06-2008, 06:52 AM
I had a real dull meal day

b eggs

l eggs hard boiled eating on the run

dinner steak and fried peppers with onions

snack peanutbutter,

nasus40
05-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok time to own up

3 eggs and 1/3cup branflakes

can slim fast vanilla low carb

2 eggs hard boiled

porkrines

peanutbutter

small snack of cashews and peanuts

3 fried chicken thighs way too many cals but OP!!!

computer is acting up on me not getting all the letters I type/ HHHMMMM

nasus40
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
3 eggs and bran flakes

chick salad from mcd's

chick tenders at bowling alley

can of shake

no pb no nuts but yes to some pork rines

nasus40
05-08-2008, 08:01 PM
did not give my self enough time for breakfast not good

ate 4 chicken tenders from mcd.

2 hamburgers with letuce bun

1 bite of potatoe chip and one pb hershey kiss

weight this am 224

petra65
05-08-2008, 08:54 PM
I got swallowed by my job for a couple days.

I don't have counts for today but here's what I ate.

B: chocolate protein shake, sugar free latte with calorie countdown milk
L: small piece of roast beast, small piece of salmon, broccolini (we had an administrative meeting with lunch provided)
D: fried chicken, glass of wine, chocoperfection bar, 1 sugar free ice cream bar.

nasus40
05-09-2008, 09:54 PM
today missed breakfast had to run had a few spoons of peanutbutter, chick salad from mcd for lunch and3 chick tenders for dinner and several spons of pb. and had 2 rasberry smirnoffs for bowling ok not the best choices but it worked

nasus40
05-11-2008, 07:11 PM
ok started off ok coffee with sugar free creamer several spoons of pb had to eat on the run

then down heill from there 2 pieces of cheese, all the rest of the cheese was eaten. did not get any peperoni
hamburger with bun bites of potatoe chips (honesty is the best policy) salad and lots of it. dish of icecream choc 2 scoops, 1/2 small square of cake. and then a strawberry short cake I started to fall asleep on the computer that is what teh carbs did to me.. LOL I guess I know what my problem area is. LOL

SoulBliss
05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I haven't posted here in soooooooooo long!

I had a great day, food wise.

2 cups of coffee with erythritol and coconut milk. YUM!

Herbed tofu, onions, extra virgin coconut oil, water chestnuts, garlic, soyrizo (vegan chorizo), guacamole and green salsa. Yum again!!!

Sparkling berry essence water, almonds and 85% dark chocolate.

Next a broccoli, kale, bean sprout, green onion, yellow pepper, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil stir fry

AND

A salad with spinach, cucumbers, green olives (unsalted), celery, pumpkin and sunflower seeds with a sesame seed-olive oil-umeboshi dressing

AND

Lemon garlic seitan with cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast.

Beautiful, delicious and on plan! :carrot:

;)

nasus40
05-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Me doing ok not the best but staying op[

eggs and bran flakes
tuna
chick tenders
salad

nasus40
05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
today eggs bran flakes

tuna

salad w chicken

yesterday
eggs w/ bran
chick tenders
beef and brocoli and I ate a bunch of those cheese wantons

petra65
05-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Not exactly a picture perfect day but since I know the accountability is good for me, here goes anyway. I took some meat out of the freezer so that should help in the next couple of days.

B: 2 eggs over easy, 4 strips bacon, 1 slice low carb bread, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: chicken fingers, onion rings
D: chocolate protein shake, tuna salad sandwich on low carb bread

Pro: 144
ECC: 74
Fiber: 24
Fat: 115
Calories: 1946

nasus40
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
for me today was not bad but no vegies

eggs and branflakes
tuna
chicken

petra65
05-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I did a little better today. I got a little carried away with hard boiled eggs

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 slice low carb toast with peanut butter, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: tuna salad on low carb bread
S: sugar free tapioca pudding
D: low carb grilled cheese
S: 4 hard boiled eggs

Pro: 117
Fiber: 31
Fat: 109
Calories: 1708

choices
08-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I did a little better today. I got a little carried away with hard boiled eggs

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 slice low carb toast with peanut butter, sugar free latte with soy milk
L: tuna salad on low carb bread
S: sugar free tapioca pudding
D: low carb grilled cheese
S: 4 hard boiled eggs

Pro: 117
Fiber: 31
Fat: 109
Calories: 1708
gosh that sounds good..how do you grill a cheese sandwich w/o bread? thanks...choices:o

grabec
02-22-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slider-hedge/lb/188/135/176/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

~lg coffee with cream, stevia, splenda
~low calorie powdered tea
~thick pork chop
~thick pork chop with big salad with pepper, salt, MSG, Salad toppings (a conflomeration of all kinds of little bits of things that are really good), sesame seeds, caraway seeds with buttermilk dressing.
We'll see what my bod thinks about this tomorrow. Sometimes I go up and sometimes I go down and never know for sure how it's going to go.

MrsEvilGenius
03-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Coming in late to the thread (sorry!)

I don't eat fixed meals (I eat when I'm hungry), and usually only eat twice a day, so sorry for the weird look to my menu. :dizzy:

a.m.- thick cut country style bacon (1), 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, coffee w/ heavy cream

noon-ish - Chicken thigh w/ skin on, thick cut pork chop, fried (no breading, of course)

Afternoon snack - 1/2 pork cracklins

I also drink tonnes of water and a couple of 20 oz waters w/ crystal light

lfohrman
09-16-2009, 04:19 AM
whew... Thank god you posted that... that sounds alot more like my diet. I pretty much keep to under 10g of carbs a day.

Was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

loveydovey
12-25-2009, 01:37 AM
hi, im on moderate carb diet, can i post here too :)