Old 03-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something wkend chat mar 29-30

Morning all...i'm off to work soon but thought i'd say hi. Hope everyone is well. I looked at yesterdays thread just didn't respond last night..i was too tired.

mo- hang in there girl...its ok to be alone on friday. When i was single I tried to not get depressed about it...i know its hard...but hang in there.

hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to work for now...bye!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I am off work today! I have plans to eat lunch with some of my college classmates and have to go pick up my pay stub, but other than that I don't have a whole lot planned. Mom would like my help cleaning the basement, so I will probably do that.

GG, have a good day at work, hopefully it runs smoothly.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Morning

I just finished my postings "over there" and now I just have major cleaning and the gym later today on the agenda for the weekend. Nothing exciting, but all necessary.

GGers, Alicia and Lisa-thanks for the pep talks. I do appreciate it. It's just frustrating. I mean, I could understand if I had a horn growing out of my butt why guys wouldn't be interested. But geez, my horns are above my head (when there's not a halo there of course). LOL Oh well, maybe I should become a nun.............................

Later, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning...

Mo, GG, and Lisa have a great Saturday! Hi to everyone else.

I am off to a birthday party for a former coworker who is turning 70. Not much other news here...

Take care!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone!
GG Have a good day at work! Lisa, Have fun with your friends today! That sounds like a good time! Mo, your plans sound like my plans! Exercise and CLEAN! I have a wedding of some friends to go to tonight other than that.. that is all i have planned! Keep your head up, the right man for you will come along when you least expect it! You are a great woman with lots to offer!
Wellp... I am gonna go get my butt movin on the treadmill and get this disaster area called my house cleaned up a bit! I would be embarassed for the babysitter to come over with it in the state it is now!
Have a great day!
steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

GG ~ your notes sound better these days. I'm glad that things are looking better are work. Maybe your spunky new 'do has something do with it;-). BTW, did anyone catch Oprah yesterday? Amazing what a difference a good haircut makes.

Lisa ~ have fun with your friends. Has it finally stopping snowing/raining/icing in Ohio?

MelindaBaby ~ for what it's worth I think that you are mahvelous!!! I don't get it. I have some single nieces that are absolutely drop dead beautiful; tall, slim, blonde and no dates. It makes me want to hit the guys over the heads that they can't see such beauty. I only know you thru your posts and you are an incredibly gorgeous person... outside & inside (plus a killer sense of humor to boot!). Hang in there my little ooey, gooey dark chocolate cupcake spread covered with warm ganache and smothered with freshly whipped cream... and, we can't forget the soft dusting of cinnamon on top along with a sweet, citrusy mandarin orange sauce drizzled on the side.

Delta ~ have fun at the party today!

Hi Stephanie ~ have fun at the wedding! You mentioned sewing dresses for your daughter. That is so cool. My niece made some sundresses for my girls last summer and they are so pretty. I had hoped that I'd get another summer out of them but they're too small. Cuter than anything that I'd be able to buy in the store.

Lauren ~ exercise was not good this week. I did a piddly 14 miles:-(. Too much on my plate and I was foolish and let the exercise go. BTW, your DH sounds AMAZING! You're lucky.

Hanna ~ congrats on the latest addition to the family. 4 dogs sounds like a lot of work but I know how much you love them.

Michelle ~ it's good to have you back. How is the fam? Hubby?

I need to go get my exercise in, shower and then DD and I are off to her riding lesson. Pretty morning here but the rain is supposed to start again this evening. Rain, Rain, Rain... Man, I am in serious need of some sunshine. Tomorrow my great niece is being christened so the girls and I are going to that. Big party afterwards and I'm looking forward to seeing some extended family members that I haven't seen in a while.

I'm considering joining WW again... Truth is that I just hate spending the money. I've done it twice before and lost weight each time. As soon as I stopped going, the weight started coming back on. I keep telling myself that I can do this myself. I know that I can but lately I'm just sort of (excuse the expression) fartin' around. Anybody else doing WW right now? Sheila did you start back with it?

Later Chick-a-dees ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Joan, I have often considered rejoining, but I just can't spend the money. I have all the info around here somewhere, the dining out companion, the fast food companion, etc. Haven't done it in a long time, but for awhile there I had the points memerized for the longest time! I haven't lost a signifigant amount since the initial 20 I lost back in '99. I am trying though. Come on, lets get our butts in gear and do this together! You've got a great start with the recumbant bike!

Steph, I hear ya' on the disaster! DH totally cleaned up the basement/boy's playroom Thursday. He took the day off and brought some shelves over from his mom's garage (they are his that he never moved). Anyway, he totally cleaned up the toys and made it look nice. Now if we can just get the boys to keep it that way...

Headed to mom's to patch/paint. Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #8  

happy saturday!

im at work...little mario was sick yesterday so i need to catch up here on some things...not much longer though, then im going home to clean!..yippee what a great day huh?

mo: you and i have about the same day!...great minds think alike!...have a great one

gg: have a good day at work...im glad things are getting better for you there!...by the way, not sure if i told you already or not...cute hair!

lisa: have a great day off!...having lunch with friends sounds great...have a good time

dawn: have fun at the party

stephanie: what time is the wedding...have a great time

hanna: hows the new doggy?

joan: i live by ww...meaning, yes i dont follow the points to the "t", BUT, the mear fact that i go every week (faithfully) to weight...most of hte time stay for the meetings...it works for me...i think being held accountable...like i have an "appointment", i know i pay every week mostly just to weigh..i can do that anywhere, but there is something about it...good luck!..stay dry

lauren: hope you're having a great weekend...my hours this week were horrible...no motivation to get on that treadmill...as of now my hours are 4.50, if i get on today (not likely) i will let you know...but you'll probably turn blue if you hold your breath and wait for that!... ; }..have a good one!

alright...need to get some things done here so i can go home and clean...bye all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick note ~ Had cup of lobster bisque and 1/2 a tuna melt sandwich for lunch. We went to a place called Zoups, it is a national chain (I think) and they have excellent soups.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Hey I have a quick ? for yall... It is going to be a little chilly here this evening and I was wondering, Is it ok to wear black slacks with a nice/dressy blouse to an evening wedding? the wedding is at 7:00 pm and the reception to follow. Just want to get some ideas! Thanks all! Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Stephanie, wish I could help. I am not much on wedding attire. I would say okay cause I'm very casual. Depends too on how formal the wedding is. I guess you found a babysitter....have fun!

Lisa, I LOVE soups, I will have to search and see if there is one in my area!

Lauren, please put me down for 9 miles this week, thank you!

Hope all are enjoying their weekend.

Talk later, Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #12  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Christina, 4.5 hrs., or miles??

Stephanie, If it's not a super formal wedding, I'd say that's OK. Accessorize! I would probably just wear whatever fancy dress you were planning to wear with a warm coat though.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Hope you have good days...it was fun to see some of my old coworkers from 10 years ago at the party!

Lauren - I am at 12 miles for this week. Thanks! Did you get your painting done?
Lisa - your lunch sounds like it was really tasty!
Stephanie - hope you had fun at the wedding.
Christina - glad to hear that Mario is feeling better.
Joan - I haven't done WW. I have an aunt who does the online version and loves it.

DH is off watching the Final Four with some guys tonight. DS and I are doing laundry, etc. I was able to get a short treadmill walk in after the party. I feel like I need to try something different again - maybe some new DVD's? Does anyone have one that they would recommend for a change of pace?

See you tomorrow...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Ipp, if you are now a basement cleaning pro, feel free to come help me out! Mine is in such disarray, that I can't believe it. I did half of it on Friday. I need to have a rummage sale. I had given up on having rummage sales, but this time around I have too much to donate without feeling like I should make some money on it first!

MJ, Laughing out loud about your horns/halo! I am sure that the halo is there much more often!

Sounds like everyone else is busy this weekend. Ours is laid back again. We are heading to a friend's house tonight. I donated platelets at the Red Cross today, and was honest about my weight for once! I have been telling them 163 when I knew it was higher.

Funny thing from today. I had to "break up" with a guy! Some random guy texted my phone last night and today. Today I called him back to tell him that the lovely he met gave him the wrong number and that I am in no way interested in "hooking up" with him this weekend!! He was very disappointed to learn that he was given the wrong number!

The whole thing was very funny, as when I was a child, the same thing happened to my mom on the home phone. She ended up talking to him for a long time, being a shoulder to cry on and giving him advice on how to impress women! So, it made me think of a fun story about Mom. I love that.

Stay safe and have fun everyone.
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...i feel like i've ran a marathon today. We were super super busy at work..but things did go smoothly...but i swear, I'm worn out from it. Luckily we hit a lull at 5pm so i could catch up with my medical notes. But man am i tired tonight. good thing i have tomorrow off. I plan to sleep in some, go to they gym and then dh and i are going furnitur shopping. We'll see..the weather is suppose to be crappy so it will be a good day for furniture shopping.

Mo - i know its tough...it will happen..but FYI...i think the halo looks a wee bit tarnished LMAO

Mot -lol at your story...it must have been hard to break up with such a great fellow LOL

alright all..i think the margarita kicked in..i'm tipsy...darn i'm a cheep date one margarita and i'm tipsy...must be good for DH
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote