Old 03-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/256/180

Height: 5'7''

Default Am I doing this right?!

I keep getting lectures from a woman at work who "used" to do weight watchers. she is telling me i can't have more than 2 fats a day...almost everything has fat in it in some shape or another. she sees me eathing the Green Goddess dip (which BTW is fantastic!) and says "well you know, now you only have one fat left for the day, you should save them for supper, cause everyone cooks with fat" in my mind, i am like i eat two servings of OIL a day, i limit my fat as much as humanly possible. i have 1 serving of low cal/low fat margarine with fibre waffles for breakfast then i use 1 - 3 second spray of EVOO to cook at night...

just help me understand...what am i doing wrong?
Gigglicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You're not doing anything wrong! You can have as much fat as you like on WW, as long as you stay within your points.

The healthy guideline your coworker might be referring to is the recommendation that you get two servings of healthy oils each day (EVOO, for instance). Other than that, you can (and should) eat foods with fat in them. Fat helps keep our skin and hair happy, and fat is essential for numerous body processes. It is impossible to have a no-fat diet, and it would ultimately be harmful.

Don't listen to your coworker, you're doing fine! Why she even feels she needs to butt into your personal choices is beyond me....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

i dont ever remember hearing anything about limiting to 2 fats a day!? Follow the 8HG and you will be just fine! Look you aleady lost 20 pounds so you are doing it right! Hang in there!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Do NOT listen to that woman. Perhaps there was something on an OLD WW plan about that, but I have a feeling she just completely misunderstood the Healthy Guideline that Suite mentioned.

She's telling you to do something that is unhealthy! You should have more than "2 fats" per day... (Besides 2 fats is what??? 2 grams of fat??? 2 items that contain fat???) Your body NEEDS fat in order to run normally.

As Suite said, as long as you're eating within your points and trying to follow the 8 Healthy Guidelines then you're fine!

If this woman brings it up again simply tell her to spoke to your leader about it and you're following the program according to the guidelines. If she doesn't quit... smile & nod. Just smile & nod...
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/256/180

Height: 5'7''

Thanks Guys....I am glad you are here! she has been driving me bonkers!
It's comforting to know i understand what i am doing hehehee
Gigglicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #6  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Talking

I agree. I wonder if she pays as much attention to what she's putting into her own body as she does to what you're putting into yours? Either way, you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotigergirl View Post
I agree. I wonder if she pays as much attention to what she's putting into her own body as she does to what you're putting into yours? Either way, you're doing great! Keep up the good work!
LOL - I was just thinking the same thing!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Funny that you said "used to do ww", maybe she is having her own issues, and by sticking her nose into your business, takes the focus off what she should be doing. Sounds like you are doing just great, counting what you need too.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

On an ancient WW plan (I was on it) called the selection plan you had so many fats, so many proteins, so many dairies and such...it worked well, but you HAD to have their books to convert everything, like 1/2 a banana was one fruit and you'd have to figure out how many breads your slice of bread might be using up, the points are so much easier and give you alot more flexibility.

Don't you love people who want to tell you how to live YOUR life...there's a reason that say it's your life...it doesn't belong to them, it belongs to you!

You can tell her they're always updating WW and maybe she should pop into a meeting and get the latest info...

You're doing great, just keep working your program.

WW realized like so much research has shown that a no-fat or low-fat diet alone doesn't make for healthy, long-term weight management.

I'm still in awe, I would have a hard time telling you if you had some of that green goddess on your face (I would though) let alone telling you what you should be eating and when you should be eating it...people never cease to amaze me

Last edited by kelijpa; 03-30-2008 at 09:49 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote