Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Laughing Cow light cheese wedges

View Full Version : Laughing Cow light cheese wedges

azmom
03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I recently bought the Laughing Cow light cheese wedges and I LOVE them! I can't believe they are only 35 calories! They taste so decadent!!!

I have only used them spread on a whole wheat tortilla. What other ways to you all use them?

bargoo
03-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I just eat them alone, no crackers, I have a package or two in the refrigerator at all times.

Circebee
03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Mmmmm... Hungry Girl's Alfredo: one L.Cow light cheese wedge, 2 tsp light parm cheese, 1 tsp light sour cream, one package drained/rinsed Shirataki Tofu noodles (or one serving of pasta of your choice). Microwave for 1-2 minutes, salt & pepper to taste and add yummy veggies of choice (I love peas, asparagus, and yellow peppers)! Add shrimp or chicken for protein, and you have a great, quickie meal.

mandalinn82
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
I stuff things with them...burgers, pork tenderloin...cheesy deliciousness.

gina1221
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm so boring... I just spread them on sesame melba toast but still fantastic for a snack!

Sweetcaroline
03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
GINA......... i eat them the same way with Sesame Melba's... watch out for the Old London "Melba" Italian Toast, they look so good to me and I hated them..........

CountingDown
03-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Any way that I would use cheese or cream cheese. They are wonderful and I had to get over that guilty feeling when I spread them. Old me would put only enough cream cheese on a whole wheat bagel to coat it - as little as possible. With LCC, I slather it on and beam while thinking that it is my healthy and POP protein portion of my snack :D

RememberHowToSmile
03-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I will put them on a bagel instead of cream cheese, with crackers and grapes, on celery, I've flatten them out and put them inside of burgers (inside out cheese burger).

You can use them most places you would use cream cheese.

smilingk79
03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I was wondering about those. Def gonna try them now.

FriendlysRage
03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
A great snack for me is a full serving of Wasa Light Crisp crackerbread (that's 3 gigantic crackerbreads) and 1 wedge of the lite laughing cow swiss cheese. 95 calories for good cheesy crackery goodness.

azmom
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
OMG! I never even thought about them on a bagel.. Just today I bought some of those Western Bagel alternative bagels. Only 110 calories and 7 grams of fiber. I am so looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!
Thanks y'all!

traveling michele
03-27-2008, 12:54 AM
I recently bought these for a recipe and have been loving them too!

I've got high fiber, low cal english muffins that I spread them on. I do WW and it is a great snack for 2 points!

tommy
03-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Bake eggplant or mushroom caps till cooked through. Always put slits in the eggplant with thin slices of raw garlic or a little chopped garlic in the shroom cap. Then top with the Laughing Cow (which as a girl from the 70's when it first appeared here still calls it Vache qui rit- cow that laughs in French- VQR on my shopping list). It is a little hard to handle as it is sticky to your knife, but you will develop your own method. Toss under broiler till melty. A great quick lunch or snack.

Sorcha33
03-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm a weirdo who likes celery, so I like to spread them in celery sticks! :)

ANOther
03-28-2008, 05:14 PM
For breakfast: 1 toasted 100-cal English muffin, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow and 98% fat-free brown sugar ham. Mmmm, lovely

LindseyLouWho
03-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I do a lot of the above things, but I also use them to make creamed, cheesy spinach. All I do is take some cooked spinach, dry it thoroughly with a tea towel/paper towel to get the excess water out, and then stir in the laughing cow wedge and maybe some tomatoes as well. It's very yummy.

Sweetcaroline
03-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I made 'mock' nachos... mixed 2 wedges with some salsa, microwaved briefly, I baking pita bread wedges till crisp, put the LC/salsa mix on top or dip them... delish... The whole pita was 60 calories (Joseph's Flax,Oat bran,whole wheat pita bread) made about 15 'chips...

cbmare
04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
OMG! I never even thought about them on a bagel.. Just today I bought some of those Western Bagel alternative bagels. Only 110 calories and 7 grams of fiber. I am so looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!
Thanks y'all!

What are alternative bagels?

I like the Wasa crisps, too. I wish I could find the sourdough ones.

I really like Ry Krisp, too. I get the onion dill flavor. It's 2 big crackers per serving. I divide 1 wedge between the two crackers.

Sometimes I will have a half apple and 1 wedge of the cheese.

Tomato
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
I have them with raw veggies. The other night, all I had for dinner was a big kohlrabi with 2 Laughing Cow wedges and I think some fruit yogurt afterwards.

BlueToBlue
04-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I use them as cheese on my sandwiches (just spread a wedge on one slice of bread). I also use them as the cheese in my egg-white omelets (I slice the wedge before adding it to the omelet).

Or I spread them on a 50-calorie wrap and nuke it until the cheese is melty and the wrap is softened (30 sec or so). Sometimes I add mustard, tapenade, or fruit (like sliced apple) to the wrap.

Mary from Maine
04-02-2008, 04:53 AM
I love Laughing Cow on a baked potato. Yum!

Horo
04-02-2008, 06:07 AM
I love those things.. I like to spread them on whole wheat crackers, use them as the cheese in my sandwiches, spread them on a mini flatout wrap and then add a scrambled egg for breakfast, spread them on a whole wheat english muffin, etc.

FakeFrowns
04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I spead them on rice cakes! Yum! I was also thinking of melting some into pasta and have little bits of ham as a carbonara substitute!

sweettart08
04-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I made something similar to the Hungry Girl alfredo that another poster mentioned...YUM!!! It was just kind of by accident too...I was mixing some pasta with spinach, broccoli and tomatoes and decided I needed a "sauce".

I have been warming a whole wheat tortilla in a frying pan until it's ALMOST crispy...no oil or even Pam....spreading on LC Swiss, and adding 1/2 cup egg whites with either: 1/8 avacado + 1 tbs salsa, Mushrooms + Basil, or 1 oz Lean Ham/Turkey. My PERFECT breakfast ;)

youngchick
04-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I found a 4 pack at Costco that was super cheap! I eat these daily when I have them, the calories are so low for the decadent taste.

msroboto
04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
They had them at BJ's too. I didn't check the price but it was 3 or 4 packages together.

You folks have me thinking that I could maybe make a lower fat mac & cheese with this stuff. I'll give it a try later this week or next and post my recipe / results.

I tried the Ellie Kreiger mac & cheese from the Foods you Crave book and I was not impressed. It had squash in it and it overpowered the dish. It might not be bad with squash just not so much. This recipe didn't use laughing cow but I'm going to see what I can do.