Old 03-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 5'10

Unhappy Help!!!!!!!!!!!

I need HELP!!! I had a goal to lose 70lbs this year. I started out strong...low carb and working out as of January 2nd. Lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. Went on a vacation and gained 5lbs. Can't get back on track. I have a 9month old which makes it hard to exercise. I am addicted to food!!! Serious addiction. I hate my pictures, I hate putting on clothes, I hate the way I look all together. I am very unhappy with my weight. But when it comes to dieting or exercise...I have a multitude of excuses and justifications. I need some real motivation!!!!!!!!!! Please help. Thank you
Muriah
muriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #2  
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

I feel like you do--addicted to food. What I found is that eliminating sugar, white flour, and white pasta has curbed my appetite and eliminated my binges. I also am involved with OA-Overeaters Anonymous to help with the addiction illness. I'm also a 15 yr recovering alcoholic/AA member so the 12 steps are familiar to me. I am no where near my goal weight but I have made progress and already feel better in my own skin.
Good luck.
Amy
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Muriah,
I've blown it many times. You just have to pick yourself up and try again. Ask God for help. You can do this! We've all been there. Just one step at a time. Sometimes I ask God to just get me through another hour. And I am so grateful to Him. What helps me is to plan what I am going to eat that day. I actually have to stop and think what I might eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and write it down. Counting calories has helped me. If I decide I didn't want what I wrote afterall, I substitute it with something else with the same number of calories. I don't give up anything. I just try to eat better than I used to. There is some information on the calorie thread. Maybe that will help. Just know it's not easy for any of us. Do whatever eating plan is best for you... counting cals, weight watchers, low carb, no sugar, whatever. Just start again. As for the exercise, can you take your baby for a walk? Walking in the mall is great for you and your baby. You both see other things. Getting out of the house is really important sometimes. Here's something else that helps me, when I want to eat, I do something else! Call a friend, come to the computer, get out, take a shower, whatever... just ask God for help and do something else that doesn't involve food. I hope this helps a little. You are in my prayers.
Hugs, Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

Muriah,
I know your addiction. I have been there soooooooo many times before. What got me back several times is the Overeaters Anonymous and the 12 steps. If you believe in God, he can really help. You've already taken the first step... you've admitted you are powerless over food.
There are so many websites to help too. You could surf all day long and find something new to help you get motivated. The OA website is great. Lot's of encouragement and very uplifting.
Just recently I saw a show on the health channel that had a 375 man and they showed what he ate in a day. Then they sat him down with a doctor and he doctor showed him what his heart looked like, his liver, all his vital body functioning parts with all that fat surrounding each part. It scared the he** out of me! And then when the doctor told him how it cut his life spand ... well that did it for me!
Dena was so right when she said when you think of eating just get up and do something else. Go the opposite direction of the refrig! LOL!
Strap that baby to your back and walk! Don't look for an excuse... just do it! I know you can!
Good Luck Muriah!
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den@ View Post
Muriah,
I've blown it many times. You just have to pick yourself up and try again. Ask God for help. You can do this! We've all been there. Just one step at a time. Sometimes I ask God to just get me through another hour. And I am so grateful to Him. What helps me is to plan what I am going to eat that day. I actually have to stop and think what I might eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and write it down. Counting calories has helped me. If I decide I didn't want what I wrote afterall, I substitute it with something else with the same number of calories. I don't give up anything. I just try to eat better than I used to. There is some information on the calorie thread. Maybe that will help. Just know it's not easy for any of us. Do whatever eating plan is best for you... counting cals, weight watchers, low carb, no sugar, whatever. Just start again. As for the exercise, can you take your baby for a walk? Walking in the mall is great for you and your baby. You both see other things. Getting out of the house is really important sometimes. Here's something else that helps me, when I want to eat, I do something else! Call a friend, come to the computer, get out, take a shower, whatever... just ask God for help and do something else that doesn't involve food. I hope this helps a little. You are in my prayers.
Hugs, Dena
muriah, I agree with Dena. Planning ahead is the answer for me. I count calories and write down everything I plan to eat, Doesn't take much time.
Good luck ... you can do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I have been where you are, additted to food, but I became addicted to Jesus who loves me back instead of being something I do not want to be. I asked him for help , well I picked up this book by Anthony Robbins, and opened it up and on page 131 it is called the Alpo diet. Two women could not lose weight, tried everything. Finally they reached a point loosing weight was a must. Based on what Anthony had taught them they needed some leverage bad, well so did I. They decided to commit to each other ,well I really have no human being to commit too so I committed to Our Father. If they welshed on their promise this time, they would each have to eat a whole can of Alpho Dog food! My dog ,she don't like Alpo but she loves RAW LIVER YUKE! So I made a promise to our Father that I would write everything down and NOT GO OVER 1400 calories per day or I would eat a piece of raw liver, let me tell you right now I do not want to eat a piece of raw liver! I don't care where I am I count my calories ! I keep a picture on my desk top of a package of raw liver.YUCK! With the words on it,
EAT RAW LIVER IF YOU GO OVER 1400 CALORIES, MY AGREEMENT WITH MY FATHER

I have gone from 207 to 194 in 4 weeks. It works. I sure don't want to eat no raw liver ,Gross me out! When you make an agreement with God ,you best keep it! Every time I think about having to eat raw liver it makes me want to up chuck but it stops me from overeating!

Last edited by Bootsie; 05-22-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MURIAH ~ have you ever heard the saying: "The answer is in the question" -- well, it is ... you said you need motivation -- well, right in your post you listed several good motivators; for starters ...

1) your baby -- you need to and want to be healthy for your baby; to be able to care for him/her and feel comfortable while doing it, and you want to live a long life to see them grow up too.

2) for yourself -- your health is of major importance; excess weight is not good for our health.

3) to feel better -- being heavy makes us feel tired all the time; and we can't do what we want to comfortably.

4) to look better -- we all want to look our best.

5) for our clothes to fit -- comfortably and to look nice too.

6) for pictures -- we all would like to have pics we are proud of.

7) to enjoy life -- being healthy and fit can transform our lives in many ways; it gives us more personal confidence so that we want to participate in and enjoy life more.

I also agree with the things the other ladies have already mentioned here; have you tried the OA site or a group? If there isn't one in your area; maybe you would like to start one (only if you want to). BTW, I just did a search and discovered that there is a OA forum on this site under the CHICKS IN CONTROL heading; it's a sub-forum of that group and you can see it on the main menu.

It is harder when you are at home all the time and that fridge is right there calling your name ... so I agree about putting that baby in a stroller and going for a daily walk; you have a built-in reason to do better right there -- taking your baby out for fresh air. Early in the morning is a good time before it gets too hot, as you are less likely to put it off and you will feel so good about it too.

Do you have a local park nearby where you might meet other mothers or ladies out walking? I see people walking and/or jogging by my home all day long; the people in our town are really working hard to improve their health.

If I am feeling a bit self-conscious on some days, I go for a walk just after it turns dark; I don't know why, but it makes me feel better. Last year, we hunted for a place that would be good for us and found a large lit parking lot at a school and a vacant race track -- both places are good.

There is always a solution; just keep on going. Plan and plan and plan some more (I think RockinRobin said that); it really helps. It takes a bit of practice but after awhile a lot of these things will become new habits.

PS BOOTSIE ~ that is sooo funny -- raw liver ... yukky yuk! If it is workin' for ya ... why not?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-22-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Bootsie....no raw liver for me...yuck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

None for me either! I am staying on my diet . In the agreement with God Sundays are free and i sure enjoy my Sundays! I weighed in at 193 this morning! One more pound down ! i tell ya it works! Because I know if i don't keep my agreement with the Lord I am in BIG Trouble! i count my calories on the item before I eat it then how many do I have left.I have that piece of liver frozen and i don't intend to defrost it!

Bargo God knew I needed a leverage and it is my love and respect for him and I hate the smell and even thinking of tasting a piece of raw liver makes me want to up chuck, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do if nothing else works!

Last edited by Bootsie; 05-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 227/205/160

Height: 5'2"

Just reading every positive message, really encourages me. I know exactly what you're going through Muriah. I feel the same way. I know that God is able to do exceedingly, above all that I could ever ask, but my goal sometimes seems unattainable. I'm going to pray that God give us the strength to make us over-comers of this weightloss battle!!!! You're not alone in this!!!!!
salina82 is offline   Reply With Quote