WW Clubs and Groups - #197 Bale of Turtles in Boot Camp Fever!

Itryharder
03-26-2008, 03:45 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

chrily
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Okay..I only did 6 laps today. My legs were killing me. I need new shoes so bad and my feet hurt. Plus with my RA, I have to listen to my body and when it says "too much" its just that. I did walk a bit this afternoon and walked to the school to pick up the girls, so I got a little extra in anyhow. I haven't done much else. Logan was in a mood today. He wanted to be held constantly and cried alot. I don't think he is feeling well. So alas..no homework, no housework, barely squeezed in lunch.

Well I better go..Nicole is in melt down mode. YIKES!

Itryharder
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Chrily,
:bravo: :cheer: for getting in 6 laps with everything else you've got on your plate. Weigh to go!

Hey Cherry Autumn, how are you?

Bandit, see any sun yet? By the way, would you mind telling me a little bit more about how to make the Jell-o with skim milk? I made it for a low cal treat for Easter, but I think I goofed.

Princess, how are you?
Liz and Bethz, how are you gals doing?
Take care, be well and think Boot Camp and pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps.
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
03-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday!... it is Thursday right? :D

Well my first trip to the chiropractor for actual treatment yesterday was interesting... I walked into the treatment room, which is a large open area with lots of treatment tables in it, and there was a man on a table and a doctor working on him... right when I walked in he grabbed the guys head and yanked on it, you could hear the bones crack clear across the room! The poor man on the table looked like a rag doll! I was like "Dude! Run! Run fast!" and "OMG, I must be in the wrong room, PLEASE let this be the wrong room!" as I was backing out of the room... unfortunately there was someone coming in the door behind me therefore blocking my quick exit. :D I was wrong, I was in the right room! But it was not as bad as it looked, the first adjustment was a bit painful and very loud! But I will go back for the rest of this week and then go three times a week next week... I figured it beats getting the needles in the spine or neck any day! LOL.

Chris: Great job on the walking, you are walking rings around me right now, I have not been to the gym again at all this week... just have not felt up to it but I need to get my butt in gear and go no matter what, even if it is just for a few minutes. I have my workout stuff with me today again so I hope to actually make it there this time :D

Judy: Thanks for opening the new thread, as always you keep up on track and moving along! Don't let the gain stress you out, easier said then done I know, but you are doing so well... we both just need to get our heads back in the right place I guess.

Liz, Beth, Cherry, and Bandit: How are you guys doing? Any good hints or tricks or recipes you want to share?

I have to run but will stop back again later on.
Princess

bandit2
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Morning, turtles

Judy - Too bad about your gain, we have all been there and can sympathize with you - here's to a better week!

Jello: 1 cup boiling water mixed with jello crystals, then add 1 cup skim milk (instead of cold water) stir & refrigerate. Hope you like this.

Chrily - congrats on your laps & you sound like you have your hands full with everything.

Princess - that experience must have frightened you thinking what you are in for but glad it was better than expected. As far as your exercise - just do what you can & hopefully you will feel better to get more in soon. Stressing over this can't be good. Take care

Well today is sunny so that is a nice change. My gf came for dinner last night & we used my George Foreman grill for the 1st time. We grilled a turkey sausage, a italian regular sausage & zuccini. Then made sweet potato fries in oven with yogurt/lime dipping sauce. Turned out good & we each had half of each sausage. Along with a glass of wine.

So, who do you think is going to win Biggest Loser?

CherryAutumn
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
well ladies i don't have a whole lot to say. One good thing i can say i the past two days i have done some situps and squats using an excercise ball and man does my stomach muscles hurt today so i guess that is a good sign. I am feeling to tired to write personals right now but i will try to get back on to do that. Thanks for asking about me ladies

Itryharder
03-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Cherry Autumn,
I'm thrilled that you got in some exercise. Weigh to go! Don't worry about the personals. Our aim here is to chime in when we can without pressure!
Sure, we all love the personals, but I also love the tremendous action we're getting here on this site.

Bandit and Princess --thanks for the encouragement. It's awful to gain three pounds so quickly=-they didn't come off quickly. Ugh. Yesterday I had a great day and only a tiny movement down on the scale. WEll, I'm not getting discouraged (well, maybe a little) but I know what I have to do!
1.record everything
2.be careful what I eat
3.get in exercise
4.aim to get these three pounds off + two more by April 10th. I can do it!

Good luck to everyone.

Princess, I hope the chiropractor makes you feel better and I echo Bandit with the exercise. Don't try to do too much too soon because that'll not work out well.

Bandit, thanks for the Jello recipe. I'll try it. Your sausage dinner sounded really good. I can do something like that for dinner tonight. I've got the ingredients in the house. Thanks for the idea!

Good luck and be well and happy. :dancer:
Judy

Princess1122
03-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday! :carrot:

It is cold here this morning but the rain has stopped... yah! I did get on the scale this morning just to see what was going on... it is down a bit so that is a good thing since I W/I on Saturday mornings... I am really hoping for a good W/I, I know it is silly but it really is motivating for me to have a good loss.

No plans for the weekend... kind of looking forward to some down time.

My visit to the chiro yesterday was interesting, had a different doctor yesterday, he twisted me like a pretzel! The noises that come out of me is embarrassing... lots of grunting and stuff... I try not to but it just keeps coming out as they work on me. The doctor said "Don't worry about it, you are not bad at all compared to some... some say things that would a sailor blush!" Kind of funny!

I did not go the gym last night, I thought I would talk to the doctor today about it and make sure that I should do that before I actually do. I was going to ask him yesterday but he had the day off and I had another one so I thought I would ask him today and see what he says.

Any plans for the weekend?

Judy: You are doing great! I know it is hard to see the scale go up, I truly do, but you are doing everything right and the parts that you are not, well, we all know about those parts and you are working on them and that is what counts.

Bandit: I will have to try the jello recipe, sounds very good! Your dinners with your GF always sound wonderful and what a wonderful stress relief it must be to have a friend to talk to at least once a week and it gives you something to look forward to... which is always nice!

Chris: Great job walking around the track! That is really awesome! Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: I'll bet your muscles do hurt after that! LOL, I remember when I first started with Pilates and such... I was a hurting pup, that is for sure. And will be again if I can ever get back to doing stuff like that.

Beth and Liz: I hope that all is well with you both!

Sorry if I missed anyone but have a great weekend all and I will stop back by later on to see what everyone is up to!
Princess

Itryharder
03-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Princess, glad to hear your home scale is moving down! That's the right direction!! Good luck for a :goodscale: tomorrow. And I certainly understand getting on the WW scale and seeing the numbers go down and I most certainly don't think that's silly. It's great and affirming that what we are doing is paying off. You're doing great and coping with a lot, so :bravo:

I deserve a :bravo: too. I stepped on the scale today and today was the day it decided to move. At last! After four days of doing the right thing, I finally got a scale reward and it's a good one. I'm down two of the three pounds I had put on and only have to knock off one more. Yay! Then I'm be in the next "new territory" of losing weight. The thing I'm most proud of is that I was upset that I gained so much and when I exercised and ate right nothing was happening on the scale, so I was more upset, but I didn't give up and give in. I really concentrated on the exercise and the eating and it's working. That's what I have to remember--and you'd think it's a simple thing--that when I work the program, the program works!!!!!

Bandit, thanks for the update on the Jello. It sounds really good. I also have to thank you for my dinner last night. Seeing your post of your dinner with your friend reminded me that I needed to get my dinners planned for the week. I had stopped doing that. So now I'm all set. I've got to get out and buy some fruit and veggies, but my meals are planned and that's good.

Okay, I'll stop boring you and wish everybody a good day and a great weekend. At last I've got a free weekend and that means no big cooking for a crowd and no extra temptations. Yay :chef:

Judy

chrily
03-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Judy-WTG! See, those pounds are coming right back off. How awesome is that???:carrot:

Princess-I remember my first trip to the chiropractor. I was scared to death. I heard some bones crackling in my back and I had this huge knocking noise when he adjusted my lower back. It sounded like someone slammed into a wall. But it felt alot better afterwards.

Hello to the rest of you gals. Just a quickie so I can get my homework done. Be pround, I turned in the paperwork for my honor society ceremony. I'm all locked into it now.

Okay...check back later. I gotta get some stuff done.

Christina

Itryharder
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Chrily,
so proud of you! :goodvibes:
Judy

Princess1122
03-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Chris: Way to go! Very proud of you!

bandit2
03-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone:

Chrily - so glad you are going for it! Good for you.

Judy - way to go with taking control of yourself. Determination will get you where you want to go & congrats of your loss. Planning ahead certainly helps taking the "guess work" out of what we should be eating - so kudos for that.

Princess - hope you are feeling better.

Cherry, Beth & Liz - hope you guys are hanging in there & staying OP.

It is a nice sunny day up here & I opened up some of my windows & it feels great. Still have lots of snow everywhere but there are birds in my yard and that just makes you feel good.

Went to my cousins last night & she did my taxes so glad to get that out of the way & she made taco meat for dinner. We had it in whole wheat wraps instead of shells & I only had 1 with some salad. It was good for a change, haven't had those in ages & since I was driving didn't have any drinks.
So yesterday was pretty good OP day & good start for the weekend, which we all know usually brings extra challenges.

Anyway, have a great OP weekend!

Princess1122
03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Morning all and Happy Saturday! Went to W/I this morning, was down 1.4, not great after that gain that I had but I will take it! We are going to have dinner out tonight with our DS and his GF, we are going to go to the Kona Grill which is not too bad point wise... I will have grilled fish or something.

Went and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes after w/I so that was pretty good also.

The doctor says that he is not thrilled with me going to the Zumba or yoga classes that I signed up for... wish I would have thought that through better but I was feeling pretty good at the time. I promised to take it extremely easy and not do anything stupid, not sure I convinced him but I don't want to get worse so I will do what I said, watch and do a few things when I can.

Have a great day ladies! Sunny here today too Bandit! Gives me hope that we will all be complaining about how hot it is out there real soon!

Princess

Itryharder
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Bandit, weigh to go on having a light dinner at your cousin's. That's a great way to start the weekend! I hope this week's WI is fabulous.

Princess, weigh to go! :bravo: Having that weight off is a relief. You've done so well so far. I love looking at your stats to see how far you've come.
As far as the exercise, is the Zumba class like the one I've seen advertised on TV?

I had a great weekend. I'm not saying that I didn't crave food and sweets and delicious stuff all weekend because I did. The difference was that we didn't have any socializing to do this weekend and that was a huge help. Yes, this statement is coming from the very same woman who made adding social activities to her calendar a New Year's resolution. However, balance is the key. In any case, I knew I was doing well this week with exercise and food and not having to cook special meals or have people bringing yummy desserts helped a lot. I've got my fingers crossed because my home scale shows that I've knocked off the three pounds I was up last WI. I have today and tomorrow to hold onto the loss and maybe even get rid of another 1/2#, so send me good vibes.

All goes well here. Take it easy and be well.
Judy

Princess1122
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Morning all and Happy Tuesday! I was off line yesterday, DH and I went to opening day for the Reds in Cincinnati, it was a long trip and I used a ton of flex points, if not all of them but it was a pretty good time and I did not too badly over all. It rained! Oh Lord it rained! There was a one hour delay at the beginning of the game and it rained off and on through the first part of it but then in finally stopped, yeah! The Red's lost but it was still a fun day.

Judy: Best wishes for an awesome W/I for you! You deserve it! We don't have commercials around here for Zumba so I am not sure if it is the same or not but I will take it very easy and just see what I can do.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
04-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Princess, what fun to see an opening day of baseball. Sorry it rained but it still sounds like fun.

Yesterday I got my exercise in and then dh and I decided to have pizza for dinner. My activity points were all I needed to use beyond my daily allowance, so that worked out today. I'll have to drink plenty of water today to counteract the salt and be in good shape for tomorrow's WI.

Good luck to us all and remember Boot Camp! A new company opened here in NY called Boot CAmp. It's a fitness gym with walls to climb over, etc. I guess it's exercise based on what soldiers do in training.

Hey Beth and Liz and Chrily and Cherry, how are you guys doing?
Bandit, Princess, and I are here and looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care and be well. :bravo:
Judy

bandit2
04-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone:

Rainy & foggy up here & warmer, but suppose to get colder again starting tomorrow so enjoying the warmer tempatures for now.

Judy - I also had pizza which I ordered on Sun & my dd came home yesterday so we finished it off last night. Was very tasty - but can't do that all the time. Good luck on your upcoming w/i & nice job on the excercisng.

Princess - sounds like you had a fun day, must really feel like warm weather coming with going to baseball. Get you in the mood for summer activities!

Hi to everyone else & to those MIA hope they are doing well.

CherryAutumn
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I am trying to get myself back on track but have had a rough couple of weeks. My two little kids have had bronchitus and fevers and have been on antibiotics and then it comes back and i am ready to pull my hair out. Also to add insult to injury I started my TOM last night. Ugh!

Princess - yes definately take it easy with the excercise. We don't want you to be in pain.

Judy- Hoping your weigh in goes Great. You have been working hard to make this program work.

Beth, Liz, and Chrily - Share your good times and your struggles. I am low to but we can all support and encourgae one another.

Princess1122
04-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Happy Wednesday Turtles! Cool here today but the sun is supposed to be out... yeah! Have not been to the gym yet this week other then on Saturday, hoping to get there today after work. Not much else is new really.

Cherry: I know it is hard to get back on track and even harder to stay on track... I have faith in you though... keep at it, it will happen.

Judy: Good luck at your W/I today! Let us know how you did.

Bandit:How are you doing so far this week? Any dinner plans with friends this week?

Chris: How are you doing? Feeling better I hope!

Beth and Liz and anyone else that I missed: Hope all is well with you, post when you can.

Have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
04-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi Princess - yes, my gf is coming for dinner tonight & we are making a
ham, cauliflower, cheese, pimentos casserole. Will let you know how it turns out & post recipe if we like it.

CHerry - hope your children are feeling better & that you get back on track.
It is tough but I have faith you can DO IT!!!

Judy - sending you "skinny vibes" for your w/i

Who are you hoping for in Biggest Loser?

Everyone else - take care

Itryharder
04-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Cherry,
Hope you all are feeling better. It's not easy watching your weight during the time when the kids are small. I'm sending :goodvibes: to you. The effort is worth it. You can do this!

Bandit, casserole sounds yummy. Let us know how it turns out. Glad to get the good support for you for my WI. Thanks! :chef:

Princess, always good to hear from you. Good luck with the exercise and thanks for the support. :tread:

I did great. Yes, I actually did great. :bravo: I lost 3.4# this week after having gained 3.2# at my last WI (which was really two weeks--St. patty's Day party, days of vacation, and Easter). I kept telling myself this week that it didn't matter what I had done in the past. I kept telling myself that if I track points, get in the exercise and the water that I should be able to knock off a pound a week. To knock off this much this week is fabulous and it makes me want to keep up the good work.
By the way, I watched Biggest Loser last night for the first time this season. Those people are to be congratulated. Their workouts are amazing!

Here's a dip for people who love Buffalo Chicken Wings: WW style
1/2cupff sour cream
8oz.ff cream cheese
1 cup cooked chicken breast--chopped
1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
Mix together and bake for 25minutes in 350 oven
Serve with celery sticks==whole dip is 21 points (I'll have to check that) but this makes quite a bit. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds delicious!

Okay, I'm so happy I could scream. :balloons:
This is the lowest I've been since September and I've lost a little over 8# since February. Go me!!!!!
Good luck and :goodvibes: to everyone. Keep up the Boot Camp! it works!
If you're having a hard time, chime in anyway because we're a good place to go for support.
Judy
234.6/213.6/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
04-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Judy: Congrats! I am so very very happy for you! I have made that dip recipe, it is wonderful!

Bandit: I fell asleep about a half hour into the show last night but was on line this morning to see what happened... I get tired of all the crying that the brothers do so I hate to say it but I was kind of happy that one of them went... wicked of me, I know :devil:

bandit2
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Judy - OMG that is fabulous, for sure! I am so proud of you.
You are really doing great - keep it going, girl!!!

Princess - I know what you mean about the crying but I'd be crying to if I had to work out 6 hours/day - but I was wondering as well if they were on some kind of appetite suppresants since they are all so emotional.
Reminds me of years ago when I tried diet pills - would almost be hysterical if anyone said boo to me.

But I love the show overall & they haVe all done so well.

Have a good OP evening!

Princess1122
04-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Morning all and Happy Thursday! Cold and dreary here today... Saturday is supposed to be nice though so I have my fingers crossed.

Judy: Again, fabulous job! You are doing so great!

Bandit: I know what you mean about the emotions and exercise that they do on the show, it has to be a strain. I love to watch it also, it really gives me something to look forward to!

All: Hope everyone is doing well!

Have a great day ladies!
Princess

Itryharder
04-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Ohmigosh--I just lost a nice long post. Oh well--This is pretty much what I said. Bandit, I bet you're right about the Biggest Loser appetite suppresants and the emotionality. As far as a winner, I've only watched once--but I like the brunette haired girl. She has a real competitive spirit. :strong:

Princess, the weather here is getting better too. It's sunny and warmer and trees starting to bud. :dance:

Yesterday was good. My dd and grandson came out and she WI at WW and lost weight. She really has a crummy metabolism and a tiny frame--so losing weight is very hard for her. Glad she did so. We picked up Boston Market foods for dinner and it was delish.

All goes well here. Going to the Philharmonic Symphony tonight. My dd got tickets and we have such a good time when we go to NYC. I love it.

The weekend is approaching and we're out to dinner on Friday night with friends. I'll have to watch points very carefully, but I'm going to point out a dinner before I go.

You all take care and keep up the good work. :bravo: :cheer: to all the Turtles!
Judy
234.6/213.4/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Judy - I am so proud of your hard work. I see that you are now down to 213.4. That is great. Keep up the hard work.

Princess and Bandit - Thanks for thinking of me. The kids are still sick and me to but hopefully we will all come out on the top.

Itryharder
04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Cherry, keep up your spirits. It's almost spring, you'll all get better, and you'll get through this. Keep on keepin' on!
Judy

Princess1122
04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone... No major plans for the weekend for me other then W/I, not sure how that is going to go but I will hope for the best.

Anyone have any plans for the weekend?

I have to run but will check back in later on to see what is going on.

Princess

Itryharder
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi all,
Yes, Princess, I have plans for the weekend. Tonight dh and another couple and I are going out to dinner. Then my ds and his children are coming in for a weekend visit. I am so excited. We should have a great time. I'm going to buy the ingredients for the Buffalo Chicken Dip because that seems like something we'd all like and it's something new for us. I better cut the recipe in half because there won't be that many of us.

Last night's performance at the NY Philharmonic was amazing. There was a guest pianist who was remarkable and then a symphony by a composer I knew nothing about--but it was stirring and fabulous and exciting. Lots of music all around. I'm so grateful that my dd has taken this year off to play with and raise her little guy. It's been wonderful for the both of them and it has also been a time for my dd and me to get into NYC and really enjoy what the city has to offer. Yesterday's points were good, but I've got to gear up for this weekend because family and me have added up to my splurging in the past and I don't want to do that!

Rainy here--but I hope your weather is better. You all take care, have a good weekend.

Princess, here's a :goodvibes: for a :goodscale:
Judy

bandit2
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Good morning turtles:

Sounds like everyone is very positive which is great.

Judy - sounds like you are really having a great time lately & staying on track as well. That is fabulous not to go completely off programme whenever we have an outting. That means you are doing a lifestyle change, which we all need to succeed longterm. So, you are setting a good example for the rest of us.

Rainy up here today, but warmer which is welcomed.

Soon will be trailer season. Mine is up for sale & hopefully will sell this year.
We have been going up for 10 years & the last few my dd hasn't spent much time up there & it is expensive if not used much. But, I will enjoy it until when & if it is sold.

The dinner we made the other night was really good. I will post recipe later, but it is long even though it is simple, but I think you all would enjoy it & it is
low carb as well.

So far my plans for this weekend are: probably bingo with mom tonight,
drink with a fellow tomorrow afternoon (I have already met him but told him I don't want to get involved) but he wants to get together & chat, so that should be interesting. More basement work, laundry & planning out my menu for next week.

Have a good one!

Princess1122
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! We had a wonderful weekend weather wise... sunny and in the 60's, just what I needed to lift my spirits.

W/I was not what I had hoped, I stayed the same as the previous week, no loss and no gain. I think that my med's have a bit to do with it but is not the entire problem so I have thought about it until I was going nuts and have come up with this. I started doing the Wendy plan on Saturday to hopefully get my body going again, wish me luck!

DH lost almost 7 lbs this week for his official first week back and I was very happy for him.

DS was home for the weekend so I did lots of laundry! DH and I worked out in the yard. I picked up a ton of sticks and downed limbs from the winter storms and got the patio furniture set up and DH cleaned the grill out. I took the dogs for a nice walk around the park, I took them one at a time, I could handle them better that way and I got in some special time with each of them.

It was just wonderful weather and really gave me hope that summer is truly coming.

Have a great day turtles!

Princess

Itryharder
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I just put my money where my mouth is--or something. This past weekend was a disaster foodwise. As soon as my ds and grandchildren came in, I ate non-stop. What caused this? Well, one thing is that I had done so much on Friday and then went out to dinner with friends. That all pointed out fine. But, although I had plenty of good foods in the house, I had also bought goodies for the kids. Guess what? They hardly asked for anything and I ended up eating the junk and then throwing it out. Also, I was so busy with them that I didn't track my food. I just "back-tracked" my food and I'm okay. Although I'm up two pounds, I should be able to get that off--just maybe not in time for my WI. Also, they are coming back soon and I have to rearrange my fridge and get better organized. I can do it and I have been doing it. I simply allowed things to get out of control. Today I'm fine, but I certainly have more cravings than usual. Ugh.

Bandit, hope you had a nice weekend. Tell us more about the fellow. He sounds persistent! :carrot:

Princess, that scale WI is miserable. It sounds like meds, and you're doing a good job of keeping your spirits up, but I know how this feels. Here's a :grouphug: to keep you going! :goodvibes: I tried the Wendy plan and liked it for shaking up a weight loss. Let us know how it works.

Everybody, have a great day. It's a little gray here, but the spring things are budding and blooming and that's a great sign.
Take care and be well.
Judy

Princess1122
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday, not much is new here, just trying to keep it all together. TOM arrived this morning, not very happy about that but what can you do?

Judy: I totally understand what you are going through... it is not easy but I have faith in you!

Bandit: Did you end up going to bingo? How is the sale of your trailer going so far? I would imagine that as it gets warmer more people will be interested in purchasing it.

All: How is everyone doing? Chime in when you can, it helps to keep us all going!

I will check back in again on my lunch break.

Princess

bandit2
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi turtles

Princess - yes, went to bingo with mom Fri night but we didn't win but still had a good time. As far as trailer, our park doesn't officially open until May 24weekend, so nothing will happen before that time.

Judy - as far as my date was concerned it was fine. He is nice enough, but we don't have much in common & he has never been married & I would think if you stayed single until late 50's why would you even want to get involved.
He has never owned a home & has moved from job to job. Just doesn't have much going for him. So, I once again told him I wasn't interested. As a far as just being friends - he really isn't that much fun to be with.

As far as eating this week - had way too many extra's. My gf is coming tonight & she is bringing home-made burgers so that should be yummy.

Biggest Loser - OMG what a "Kelly shock" I was soooooo happy for her.
Hoping America votes to keep Roger in final 3.

Hoping everyone is doing well this week. Weather up here has been really nice so enjoying that for sure.

Take care.

Itryharder
04-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi Guys,
Today is going much better. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bandit, now I've got it about the fellow. You've got your head on right!
I understand about the extras having just gone through that. Good luck this week. :chef:

Princess, you're doing a good job keeping everything together. You know, some weeks are just harder than others, but you're in the right spot. :dancer:

I agree about everyone chiming in. It feels so good to come on line and realize someone else has written something, so chime in when you can.

Cherry and Chrily, how are you doing? :goodvibes:

I'm all up for more Boot Camp, and Bandit, I agree that I really like what Roger has accomplished and how hard he's worked. We'll see how the vote goes on Biggest Loser: they certainly have all accomplished something fantastic. :strong:

Today has been good. One piece of toast for breakfast, Appleby's for lunch,
and a simple supper tonight should bring me in where I want to be with points.
Even thought I'm very overweight, my points are pretty low because of my age and my sedentary ways. I'm running very tired today, but I'm optimistic and am getting things done around the house, step by step.

I skipped my morning WI, but weighed in at home. It's not too bad, and I know I can get these pounds off and head into onederland. I'll just have to be better organized and gear up the will power if the grandkids and daughter in law come to spend some time with us.

You all take care and be well and keep up the Boot Camp Spirit! Drink that water!!
Judy

Princess1122
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! Yes, it finally got here! Love Fridays!!! :D I am traveling up north to be with my mom for the weekend but will go to W/I first then get on the road. I don't expect it to be a good W/I due to TOM but I will go anyway.

Bandit: I so agree with you about that guy, not much of a future with someone like that. About the BL, I was kind of hoping that Mark would be the one in the final three only because I think that one of the women could beat him and there would finally be a female biggest loser... just my thoughts though.

Judy: Sounds like you are busy again... I have faith that you will have a wonderful W/I next week. Keep at it, you are an inspiration to us all.

All: Hope all is well with everyone... any updates on boot camp goals?

I have to run but will check back in a bit.
Princess

CherryAutumn
04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi ladies. Sounds like quite a bit has been going on the past couple of days. Your posts are really encouraging to me. Still having problems with a sinus cold and waking in the mornings with a headache that could kill a elephant. I am trying to think positive though i must say i can be a negative thinker if i let myself get away with it. My weight keeps going up but i really have not been eating good. I just feel like constantly snacking to keep myself busy i guess.

I just wanted to say i am proud of you ladies. Keep up the good work.

bandit2
04-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi - sounds like everyone is doing well, so that is great.

Lately, I just can't seem to get back on track. Start off good, then by evening am snacking way too much then feeling guilty about that, and snacking more.

I think maybe I need the structure of ww meetings as well as coming on this site for encouragement. When I was doing ww with my friends, it seemed to keep me focussed - I guess just having to face the scales each week is an incentive. I am thinking I should get my butt back there.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Itryharder
04-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Bandit, I agree. Having to WI weekly and hear what others have to say and how they changed one of their actions for the week really makes a difference. I am very lucky because I have a choice on Wednesdays of going to two different meetings. If I miss the morning session, I can get the early evening meeting with another phenomenol leader. They are completely opposite in personality and style, but they both manage to reach me and help me keep on track. If you're struggling, I think it's a good idea to get back to a meeting. We beat ourselves up enough, and sometimes it's good to hear that our struggle is universal --but some people are able to break through and lose weight. Our Boot Camp inspiration is really helping me and the meetings help too. :strong:

My Boot Camp Resolutions:
1. record every morsel
2. exercise 5X a week
3. drink more water
4. lose a total of 15# by July 4th.
I know I can do this! I've let the emotions take over again and I didnt' exercise much this week. "I just didn't feel like it." That was grownup of me, wasn't it? My company is coming out on Wednesday instead of today and that'll work out much better.

Cherry, we all get down and gain weight. Which WW idea would you like to take on today for yourself?
1. drink more water 2. get 15 minutes of activity 3. record your evening meal
I know you can do this. Baby steps will get you there. You are the expert of yourself. :grouphug:

Princess, have a good time with your mom and good luck on your WI. You're really good to hit the scales. Is dh still on the program? :dancer:

Okay, I've gotta run and get something done. You all take care, be well and happy.
Judy

Princess1122
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Morning all and happy monday! Went to W/I on Saturday... thought I was actually going to be down a pound, according to my scale at home, but as it turned out I stayed exactly the same... again. Which I guess is not bad since I did have my TOM and all. Had a good time with my mom, I booked us at a spa for a manicure and then took her out to eat, it was fun and I think that she really enjoyed it!

Judy: DH is doing it half heartedly... he is going to W/I but was up 3 lbs this week so I guess he needs to get back on track also.

Bandit: I agree, meetings should help you out to get back on track.

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Princess

bandit2
04-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone:

Princess - Better to stay the same than gain, but gets frustrating if you think you should be down, then not.

Judy - you sound like you are really doing great & that is wonderful.
Keep up the good work.

Today all my stuff is measured & pointed out properly & all will be journalled.
And all snacks will be accounted for (no more handfuls of this & that & not counting it) So hoping this gets me under control.

Have a good Monday!

Itryharder
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Bandit, I like how you've got everything measured and pointed out. That's a great way to go. :chef: :bravo: and good luck because I know how hard this is.

Princess, I see your WI as a :goodscale: because you stayed the same but have TOM. I bet that's worth a pound or two, so keep on keepin' on during these times.

I've had another setback, but I can't beat myself up too much. I did :tread:
and I ate too much today, but you wouldn't call it a real binge. So, I am determined to get to WI on Wed. because if I let another week slip by, I"ll be in real trouble. I'm not expecting a :goodscale:, but maybe I can stop this gain.

To all who struggle: We all do. Chime in, offer suggestions and ask for help.
We can keep each other going. :grouphug:
Judy

bandit2
04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Morning, turtles:

Well, made it through yesterday & used 2 flex points by end of evening.
So was pleased with the day overall.

Tonight is finale of Biggest Loser & that will be exciting for sure.

Prepared meatloaf last night so just have to pop it in oven when I get home & will also have cauliflower & sweet potato for my supper.

So anyone have any new recipes they've tried lately? And what is your menu for today?

Have a good one!

Princess1122
04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning all! Cold but sunny here today... going to take the dogs for a walk this evening if I have time. Went to Zumba class last night, it was a bit easier then it was last week... LOL, I still felt like I was just going around in circles!

Bandit: I am so eager to see what happens tonight on the BL! I am really hoping that one of the girls wins... can't wait to see it though no matter who wins... No new recipes here, I was going to ask you... LOL. I have chicken out for tonight but not sure what I will do with it yet.

Judy: I think a W/I and a meeting would help... I know it does me, at least it gets my thoughts back on track.

Have a great day ladies!

Itryharder
04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, :bravo: for following through on your plan.
Princess, yep, I've got Biggest Loser DVR'd for tonight to see how it all comes out.
I've got company coming in tonight, so I'll be baking a bit--but I'm also going to cut up fruit and have the WW mousse handy for healthy snacking.
It's so weird--these last two days I ate worse, but slept better. I wonder if I'm just not eating enough when I'm "on track". I've got to figure this out.

Good luck to everybody. Take care and be well.
Judy

Princess1122
04-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! Watched the biggest loser last night and I have to admit it gave me some incentive and motivation to try harder! Grilled chicken last night with oven fries and steamed veggies... I love having the grill going again!

Loved that Ali won the BL contest! I was kind of hoping for Kelly to do it but I was happy that a women won! I was sorry to hear that Kelly was having the back problems... it was almost exactly what I have and it is not fun to hear of anyone going through that.

They are calling for rain all weekend here, not what I was hoping for but April showers bring May flowers and all that so I guess I just go with the flow.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
04-16-2008, 10:59 AM
I got to watch Biggest Loser last night after company left and I was thrilled a gal won. There are so many of us trying to lose weight all the time, and it was wonderful to see how well these women did. I knew Ali won when she found out before stepping on the scale exactly how many more pounds she needed to lose. You could see her mind clicking away! :goodscale: Doesn't she look terrific? And it was also inspiring to see how well the contestants who had been sent home early did. Good for them all and good for us to keep on keepin' on.

Princess, firing up the grill is a great idea. I just bought a smaller grill pan for my kitchen and I'll be using it a lot. We have a charcoal grill for the outside and I don't usually bother with it, so grilled chicken indoors--here I come.

Take care and be well.
Judy
I'm off to WI and it won't be pretty, but it'll get me where I want to go.

Itryharder
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm back from WI and I'm up 3#. Now, it's time for me to knock off this silly stuff I've been doing.
Today goes well. My leader suggested finding activity in things we like to do.
Well, I'm not sure I like to garden, but I like the results. I went outside and got some leaves up and let the daffodils look a little prettier because the area is a little neater. Didn't take much time, but it made a big difference.

I'm going to start a new thread. Wow, we're closing in on number 200.
See you all at #198!
Judy
234.6/216.6/thinner into onederland :cool: