Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #1  

Question Want to TRY Medifast part time.............

HI All.............

I'm trying to semi do my own thing....low cal, sugar and such. I've done nutrisystem and LA weightloss and everything...almost. I can't bring myself to totally sign on to something right now. Plus..money is an issue...but that could be worked out. I have about 90 pounds to lose!

I was wondering how I would go about doing medifast in the morning & afternoon and my own dinner. I know that's kinda how the plan goes. I saw on the website I can get the food sepretly.....what should I do? What kind is the best? How many of there meals do I have during that time period. What ideas do you have for me? I just need to start slow...I can't just throw myself into this

Thanks so much!! Amber
Saffronnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Amber I order 28 days worth of the food I liked and then I eat the Lean & Green at night. It cost me $232.00 for the 28 day supply. That is 5 MF meals and then does not include the Lean & Green. Hope that give you an idea on what it may cost you. I only order Shakes, Bars and oatmeal b/c that is all I like.
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'5.5

Hey Amber,
Ican't really help you because I'm not on medifast, but I have been considering nutrisystem.. I noticed u mentioned that u tried it.. did it not work for u?.. lol sorry for answering ur question with another question but i was just curious...
thanks,
Niki

lilmissmuffetxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #4  

Hi Niki,

Yeah I did NS....I got sooo sick of the food...fast! There was only a few things I liked...and the price for what they give you isn't good at all. You can buy frozen organic meals for cheaper and better for you too. What I DID like was they have a great on line community and that was great!! I still go there from time to time for tips. I still ALMOST join again....haha it's brain washing.

I've read a lot a people seem to really like Medifast more then NS.....hope this helps. Plus I'm really looking into loseing weight quicker. With NS I lost 12 lbs in 2 months.....that's almost $300 per 6 pounds! I don't think it's worth it...........
Saffronnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Saffronile-PLEASE do yourself a favor and do Medifast full stop

I have also done every diet known to man and never lost more than about 6 or 7 pounds. I have lost 25 pounds with Medifast (I would have lost more but I went on a cruise and kind of stayed put for awhile).

The other thing about Medifast is, it's Soy protein which builds lean muscle, so not only are you burning fat you are adding lean muscle. Clothes started to fit better within one week.

Just do it! You will love it!
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #6  
it's always something

Medifast servings only contain 100 calories, so using two a day plus a meal isn't a good idea. You need the full 5 servings plus your lean and green in order to meet minimum nutritional requirements.

Have you considered SlimFast? It's very inexpensive at stores like Walmart or online at Amazon. The optimum version has less sugar than the original version. If nothing else, trying Slimfast for a few days or weeks could let you know if you can deal with a mostly liquid type diet. I used Slimfast before using Medifast to try to ease myself into it and it worked. However, I do have to admit that I was hungry with the slimfast but wasn't hungry at all with the Medifast.

Good luck with whatever route you decide on
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote