Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 3/24/08

Hello, everyone--a new week and time to get back on track. It would be easier for me to list what I DIDN'T eat yesterday than what I ate. I ate so much candy! I even ate candy that I normally don't care for too much. What's up with that? It turned out to be a beautiful day. Folks who went to sunrise services were rained on in our area, but later the sun came out and I even got to walk on the beach.

I'm not too busy this week. I'm singing at a town pot luck dinner on Wednesday night. I plan to go to yoga class on Thursday. On Friday night, I'm going to a girls' night out.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #2  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone (where is everyone?).

Lisa-I'm with you I didn't do so well yesterday with the eating. Mainly cookies with me. I didn't even have one piece of chocolate though.

Relaxing day for me here. I did my treadmill this morning then later on went out to Curves. I want to try to go do water aerobics tomorrow morning. I've never done that before. I just did laundry the rest of the day. I also cleaned our bedroom so I got a little bit done.

I got a new cell phone on Saturday so I've been trying to figure it out. I'm pretty technologically challenged!

I am off work all week but not going anywhere (which is fine with me. I'm probably one of the few people who just likes to stay home. I always need a vacation when I come back from a vacation!). My son is playing in tennis tournaments all week even though he is off school too for spring break.

Ok, off to scare something up for dinner. Hope to hear from the rest of you. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

I'm Back!!!

Things have been CRRRAAAAAZZY, around here lately, but I have been thinking of all of you. I hope everyone is doing well. I need to catch up on posts. I was down the week before last and up 1# last week, but I was expecting worse, so I was Ok w. it. I am catching up slowly, and I am did well w. my eating over the weekend. I ate some sweets, but I had a healthy dinner full of veggies, and I allowed myself half a cupcake and a couple pieces of candy, and that was it. I felt satisfied and I didn't pig out, so I was proud of myself. I tend to go into a situation like a family party w. such great intentions and then I just rationalize things until I am feeling full and feeling guilty. This weekend wasn't perfect but it was a major improvement. I also took a 3hr self defense class at my oldest sisters Thai Kwondo studio. It was great and boy did I feel it yesterday! OMG, I never hurt so much in my life, and I work out?! I mean, I really work out, when I am at the gym... really. I thought it would be challenging, since I don't do anything similar to that, but I worked muscles that I never work at the gym, and honestly never knew I had. I felt great though... it was a good hurt. I was reminded all day Sunday of how hard I worked Saturday and it made me less tempted to chow down. Today I am still feeling it, but mostly just in my abs, and my thighs. I have some major bruising on my side for the hour of practicing falling down on your back, side and front... owe! All 6 of us took the class (fyi, I have 5 sisters). We were all moaning and groaning at the dinner table yesterday, lol!

Work is great, (thanks Lisa)! I am really fitting in well, and learning a lot. Everyone is great, and th doctor I work w. is an excellent teacher. Patients are responding well to me and I am happy to help take on some of the workload for my team. We have 2 "teams". Each doc has 2 CMAs (certified medical assistants), or 1 cma and 1 nurse, and 1 or 2 admin/receptionists. I do both admin, and cma work, which I LOVE, and there is one other CMA and an admin. The other doc has a nurse, cma, and admin. We help each other, but we have our own patients and each doc has specific needs and preferences, so it works out well. As far as the patients are concerned we are one practice.

Jackson is doing well. Transitioning into the pre-school room started last week. He loves it, but misses his teacher... we love her and she spoils him w. attention, so we will miss her a lot. He is still w. her one day a week and will be until he is totally transitioned... most likely by the end of April. He loves the pre-school room though, and the kids are better suited playmates for him... plus the room is enormous and they have fish!! I just can't wait till he learns the meaning of sharing and taking turns, those are big challenges at home lately, which is shocking since we only have 1 child?! It's mostly an issue w. my niece. He has 4 cousins. My oldest sister has 3 kids, 2 boys-9 and 7, and a daughter 3. My sister-in-law has one boy-4. Plus he has some second cousins that we are very close w. Anyways, my sisters daughter and Jackson LOVE each other so much that it hurts... literally. They just don't play well together at all, but they each want to play w. each other more than anyone else?

DH husband is doing well also, and trying to loose some of his "winter weight". I swear, he hibernates, hehehe!

My Nonno (grandfather) is very sick, and has been dx w. several forms of cancer, including liver, lymphoma, and colon. He has less than a year at best left, and that has been taking up most of my downtime. Helping my dad, and his brother and sisters to finalize a lot of things. Most of them speak broken English and it's hard enough dealing w. all the medical info and legal issues, when you are dealing w. the impending loss of a loved one. It is sad, but this is life and we are all coping as best we can. I have only lost one grandparent (i am lucky). My Nonna passed away 8yrs ago. She had Alzheimer's for a very long time, but eventually died of pneumonia. My mom's parents are still kicking, and I think my mom's mom (Grammy) will possibly outlive me, hehehe! She is a "hot ticket", as my mom would say. My Grammy is the best... she thinks she's 25, and drives a pink Mary K Cadillac!!

Ok off to bed... I need to catch up on my soaps. I know they are trash, but I can't live w. out my ABC soaps!
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:31 AM   #4  

Jane, Let us know what you think of water aerobics. I did it once, but didn't get much out of it and I really didn't like being wet! I think it's good for people with weight and arthritis-type issues. LOL about the cellphone. I think all of us can relate (except for engineer Lori). I find that many techie items I have are full of capabilities, but I use very few of them.

Tanya, I'm so glad the job is working out--sounds like a great work environment. My sister works for a chiropractic practice and, unfortunately, the owner doctor is not a great person to work with. She has been looking for another job for over a year--she's miserable there. Bad time to look for a job. Hope Jax continues to adjust. At least you maintained weight-wise; I was out of control this weekend. It is interesting that we think we work out and then do something different and we hurt all over--it must be different muscle groups.

Sorry about your Nonno, Tanya,. That has to be so tough. I had my grandparents a while into my adulthood and was glad to have known them. I even had great-grandparents till I was in my teens. Your Grammy sounds like a hoot.

Hello to all the other Lifers.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I had a nice break and so today it's back to reality. At least the sun is shining this morning but for how long? We're supposed to have rain/snow later today.

I had a pretty quiet Easter--we had our traditional Polish/Slovak breakfast and then the rest of the day was just relaxing. I did some reading and didn't move a whole lot. I didn't buy a lot of candy (or at the least the kind that I like) so that wasn't an issue thank goodness!

Yesterday I spent the day with my girlfriend--we left at 8 am and headed to Cleveland (OH). Our first stop was Trader Joe's--one of my favorite places. I love their Fire Roasted Vegetable in a Balsamic glaze (frozen foods). We met another friend at Beachwood Place (mall) and had lunch at Maggiano's Little Italy. I was so glad that I ordered the gnocchi with a tomato basil vodka sauce--it was just the right portion. My friend ordered angel hair pasta and the portion was huge for lunch! I did pretty well, although I had way too much coffee throughout the day and as a result didn't sleep real well.

Lisa: I saw on the news here that FL had rain on Easter morning. I'm jealous you were able to walk on the beach! A lot of our snow here has melted but it's still pretty cold out--this morning it was only 22 but we're supposed to get up to around 50 later today.

Tanya: It sounds like the job is going well and that Jackson is adapting well to his new surroundings. It's hard when you have to take care of all the family matters--I did not have my grandparents very long, both of them died when I was 11 within a week of each other, it was a really hard time for my mom. My dad's mom died before he and my mom were married and his dad died when I was 5 so I never got to know them. My kids are lucky because their grandparents are in good health for the most part. My DH's dad is 87 and is quite active. He was one of the original parachuters on D-Day and was one of the "band of brothers".

Jane: I took a water aerobics class with my friend in Florida and actually got a really good workout from it--my legs were like rubberbands when I got out of the pool and believe it or not I did work up a sweat even though I was in the water! You'll have to let us know how you like it. Good luck figuring out all the bells & whistles with your new phone.

Hi to Pam, Theresa and anyone else I missed!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi!
I am new to the site and to the forums and hoping I can join you all.
I am very excited to have lost my weight and want to make sure I keep it off.
I am continuing to go to my WW meetings each week to keep myself motivated and accountable. I love my leader and truly look forward to my meetings!
I am an elementary school librarian and am off for Spring Break this week. My two teenage daughters are off as well, so we are trying to have some fun without killing each other! I am also trying to do some fun things for myself this week. I am going to lunch with a friend today and to a massage with another friend tomorrow. I am soooo looking forward to both!

I live in N. California, and have been here for 2.5 years. We are originally from Houston, but were lucky enough to live in S. Africa for 2.5 years before moving here.

I still want to lose a few more pounds. When I get to 135, I will be at my wedding weight (the last three mornings when I've weighed myself I've been 139.8 so I'm getting close). My stomach is still not where I want it to be but I'm doing lots of situps and hoping they will help. Unfortunately I've got stretch marks and flab still! I am trying to work out everyday this week as I've got no excuse!

Looking forward to getting to "know" you all.

Michele
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #7  

Melissa, Your girls' day out sounds like fun. I wish we had Trader Joe's. I hear so much about it. Did you get any other good shopping deals?
Mmmm Maggiano's and gnocchi, one of my favorite foods. To be honest, I have a lot of favorite foods. : ( How great that your grandfather was involved in D-Day. Our grandparents have so much to tell us about history and life.

Michele, Welcome to our board. We are a bunch of lifers who work at keeping our weight down and it's always a challenge, but we're here for each other. Congrats to you on your loss and meeting you WW goal and soon (I know) your personal goal.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  

Lisa: I got these new sugar snap pea crisps (they kinda taste like the Andy Capp's Fries) and they're 3 points for 22 pieces; honestly I could eat the whole bag without batting an eye I did get some Thai Style Green Beans and Fire Roasted Vegetables (pearl onions, mushrooms, red pepper, tomatoes) in a Balsamic Glaze that tastes great on pasta. I also picked up a couple of cartons of soup which are also low in points. It's my father-in-law who was part of WW II. I did get a nice mint green sweater from Eddie Bauer and a deep magenta vest from Dillard's for $7.

Michelle: Welcome to our thread! As Lisa said we are all LT members who are at different crossroads. I'm 45 and mother of 2 boys (23/16). My oldest DS got married this past August so now I'm a MIL! I have a personal goal along with my WW goal and the past 2 years have struggled so I changed my goal weight to 145 and have been able to maintain in that vicinity. I really feel better when I'm 139-140 but lately it's been a challenge to get there. I was able at one time to get down to 135 and maintain in that area (136-37) for a few years but then hormonal changes, thyroid and some other issues became stumbling blocks. I live in Pennsylvania (right on Lake Erie) have been married to DH for 25 years. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #9  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Not much time today, so just a quick note. I'm feeling better (the antibiotics did help) but I'm still having stomach issues. Eating hasn't been good, but not bad either. I've been maintaining at 163. Just happy I haven't gone up!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #10  

Melissa, Oooh, I wish we had Trader Joe's here. Those snap pea crisps sound good. Crunchy things get me over the gotta eat hump many times.

Lori, Glad you're feeling a little better. Well, maintaining is better than gaining.

Tomorrow's my off Friday. Hope to play golf with DH. Then I have a girls night out. That should be fun.

Saturday, no plans except for Tai Chi and pack for our trip to Canada. We're headed to Whistler at the end of next week for a wedding. What's everyone else doing?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM   #11  

Good afternoon! So far we've been missing the snow and I'm happy about that. I've been getting in my walking in so I'm glad about that.

I did go to my meeting yesterday and was up 2.6# and it wasn't expected. Not sure what happened there but I'm focusing on the week ahead. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary so I'm hoping it's just a fluctuation like I had before.

Lori: Glad to hear that you're feeling better. It's amazing how quickly the antibiotics work.

Lisa: Enjoy your day off tomorrow. The crisps look really innocent but they're 150 cal/8g fat/2g Fiber so it's 3 points for a whole serving and 2 for a half serving. I could eat a whole bag without batting an eye so I portioned them into single servings.

Well, it's official, our orientation season is upon us--the mailing is out and I've already got a good size stack of reservations for this summer's programming.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/in progress/140

Height: 5'7'

Welcome Michele! I live just south of Houston (in Pearland). This is a nice little group here, and very supportive. It's a struggle to keep that weight off once you lose it, and having people who understand that really helps. I've been a WW lifetime member since 4/2005. 3 years! Hard to believe that I've been on maintenance that long. I think it's just as hard now as it was then.

Tonya, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I still have one grandmother (she's 97) and my mom, so I feel very blessed. Most of my friends don't have either parent left. Sometimes we get so busy with our hectic lives that we forget that we won't have these special people in our lives forever. Until my Gram lost a leg, she could outwork all of us. I have a funny picture taken about 5 years ago. My sister had gone through a messy divorce and moved back to Texas. Once she found a house, we rented a U-haul truck and my sister, mom, grandmother, and I moved all her stuff out of storage and into the new house. We took the picture of us all piled up into the front of the truck (I drove! - my first truck driving experience). Hysterical!

Jane, I'm with you. I love taking vacation time and not going anywhere. It's so seldom that I have any extended time at home that I love just puttering around, rearranging things, playing in the yard. Enjoy your time off!

Melissa and Lisa: Aren't girl's weekends just the best? I know we all love our significant others, but it is always so much fun to just hang out with the gals. My BFF and I do at least a couple of weekends each year to do all the things the guys aren't interested in. It's relaxing just not having to keep them entertained!

Lori, glad to hear you're feeling better. You've done great maintaining while you've been sick. That's the hardest time for me. Any time I have sinus issues I just want to snack on salty crunchy stuff all the time.

Hi to Pam!

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend! I've really got the spring cleaning bug and am going to take a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. - Theresa
GrammaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote