Old 03-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat, Mon, 3/24

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Did everyone have a nice Easter weekend?? We did, it was really nice, and the kids had lots of fun.

They still have off today, go back tomorrow. Gotta get some cleaning/undecorating done today, also run to bank/food store. Pretty quiet overall.

Well, I better get down to the basement with my "Tony"...he's calling my abs!!!

Will check in later. Have a supah dupah day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Goodmorning! I had a really nice Easter weekend.

Friday, I went to a wedding reception. The couple already married, but I think the j.p.’ed it. This was a really nice party for them. There was tons of food, and desserts. It was pretty much a pot luck. I grabbed a little meat and veggies, and that was it. I did so well!! Yay me!

Saturday, just did the grocery shopping. The store was a mad house! I did some scrapbooking that night while watching Elizabeth the Golden Age. Great costuming! I’m so behind on my scrapbooking.

Sunday, did the Easter Egg hunt at my sister-in-law’s house in the morning. Then, we went to my mother-in-law’s for dinner. She’s a great cook. I did great though. I just got little bits. After we were done, I sat on the couch knitting, so I wouldn’t focus on the food. Yay me again!

This week I need to focus on getting more activity. I want to start gardening too. My dh is a terrible gardener. Last year, my lawn was an embarrassment. This year the motto is, “If you want something done, you’ve gotta do it yourself.”

Last week I accomplished drinking water regularly and cutting down on caffeine. I weighed in this morning. I have lost 6 pounds in two weeks. I’m so glad.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!! We also had a nice Easter weekend. The weather forcast said rain and high of 55 so I was skeptical on how the day would turn out, but we never got one drop of rain and the temp was decent! I made up a nice ham, green beans amadine, garlic mashed potatoes, corn, rolls... I couln't finish what I put on my plate and still felt stuffed.
Sapphire, sounds like you have done so well! You should be proud of yourself!! and I hear ya on the gardening thing! Not sure what we are going to do with our yard this year. Right now, I am embarrassed of our yard. Our back yard stays real wet in the winter and our dogs have torn up the grass and we have mud. So, we have been taking them out in the front the past few months. Between the dogs and the kids, the yard is pretty much trampled to nothing. THere is no mulch left in the flower beds... We live in a neighborhood where everyone is very "proud" of their yards and their yards are always so nicely manicured, hence the embarrassment!
Anyhoo... Was wondering... does anyone here sew? I have made my girls outfits, dresses before but never anything for myself. Well my mother is getting married in June and to save money, I am making my dress and my mother is making hers and my 2 sisters dresses. Well, looking at the sizing chart on the pattern, if I make the dress to my measurements, I would have to make like a size 16! I haven't tried on dresses in ages so I have no idea what size I wear in a dress. Well, I decided, I wear a size 12 jeans so I'll make a size 12 dress HA LOL. I got the bodice put together last night and WHOA! maybe I should have gone with the size 16!! I guess I will have that as an incentive to continue busting my butt and lose the weight before june... just kind of a bummer!
Well, i have 45 min of free time before i have to pick up the twins from school. better get some stuff done. Everyone have a great monday!!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

I don't sew at all, but I know that dress sizes run bigger than everyday clothing. That is what I have heard from brides and those who have stood up in weddings.

Mama, thanks for the running info on the weekend thread! I actually ran/walked during my walk last night. Not much running, but getting there. Sadly, I realized that I can't take my dog (chihuahua) on my long walks, as with his need to stop and pee on EVERYTHING, I am cheating myself of a good workout. He is good for up to two miles, but during 2 miles with him, I don't gain momentum with all the pit stops. So, short walk for me and him after I do my long walk.

Last night, Jerry asked me my walking route and he was very impressed by its length. Also, my son told me he was proud of me. It was a great evening.

Sapphire, I am focusing more on water. I don't miss soda, but I find that around 2-3, when I often treated myself to a half a can, I miss it. But so far, so good on the willpower. Kudos on the 6 lbs!! You rock!

Our Easter was great, as it was spent with great friends. I played Wii for the first time and that was fun. I ate a plate with little portions. And easily skipped dessert. We ate at 2, so last night at home, I just had an orange for dinner.

I feel so good, and have to keep thanking you wonderful women thank you for being so inspirational.

Have a great afternoon!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!
Sounds like you all had a nice weekend!

Moto you are doing great! can you take a long walk w/out the dog and then come home and walk him a little bit, that would be an extra little walk!

SapphireBlue congratulations on the loss!!!! As for the yard, that is NOT my department at all, and not DH's either. we have to have a gardener, it is worth the expense. I have to say I do love my roses, so I try to clip them regularly, they do "bite me", I get all this scratches from them and I hate wearing gloves, I just heard I have to be careful w/them as they can carry something (can't remember if it was tetanus) so I do have to start wearing gloves...

Stephanie I tried long time ago to saw a something, I can't remember what it was, and it was awful! I enjoy quilting, straight lines, that's it for me! you are taking on a big challenge!!! good for you...

Well we had a really nice end of the week w/Sean, I think the meds are finally doing something, I just hope it stays this way. The weather was beautiful. His foot is doing a little better, still soar, he wanted me to inflate the water slide but I was afraid he may hurt his foot I felt really bad saying no.
You guys would not believe the phone call I got last night!!! my neighbor's (a neighbor that I don't do much with, she is always inside, don't see her too much, but her kids play with all the kids) calls. A friend of hers has a sister that just got a Yorkie after her divorce was finally about 2 or 3 months ago, she can't take care of the puppy, she realized it was a mistake buying him as she is never home, so they were looking for a home for him, guess what???? they called me!!! they found a house!!! I am picking him up on Friday at 11 am I can't wait! he is 5 Lbs., 7 months old and he already has been neutered!
I am to excited!!!

Today I have to do what I hate the most, house work!!! I have a pile of laundry so huge, I have to get it started!
see you all later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone

Pam: Enjoy your day!

SB: It sounds like you did great on the eating part of things. That is so awesome. Congrads.

Stephanie: You are making me hungry just talking about it. yummm

My Easter was ok. My folks and me and the kids ate mcdonalds and then I cooked prime rib and corn souffle, rice & brocolli casserole, sweet potato casserole salad. and white raspberry filled cake. My son didn't get to call us so I am a little &%^$#. And trying to get a hold of the school.

sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! It is almost afternoon...DS and I ran errands this morning. Needed to get food and diapers! So, that means that I need to work out later today...

Pam - funny about you and Tony! Have a good day with the kids.
Sapphire - that is great about the weightloss!
Stephanie - I don't know much about sewing...everything I made in home ec feel apart in Jr. high...
Moto - I had to laugh when you mentioned walking your dog - that would be like me walking with my DS - he stops to look at everything. I hope he will still go in the stroller this spring and summer.

Take care everyone...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #8  

hi Hanna and Sheila - we were all posting at the same time.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:35 PM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

OMG, Hanna, that is the funniest thing. Another pup? I know the pups will have a wonderful home. Thats just amazing. Glad to hear Sean had a good end of the week and is doing better with his meds. Hope it keeps up!

Sapphire, congrats on the weight loss! What a great feeling! As far as the lawn, I'm just happy to get it mowed. I work on the "gardening" but not the yard itself. Usually, we do have to hire someone else to cut it and trim.

motomom, sounds like you are doing a great job in the eating dept, keep it up!

Stephanie, don't sew. I agree with the others that dress sizes are probably completely different. Dont let it depress you though!

Pam, hey girl, glad you had a good weekend!

We had a nice weekend here as well. We visited with some of my cousins, only live about 2.5 hours away now that we have moved. Haven't seen them in years so it was great. The boys really hit it off. I was hoping that my cousins wife and I would have hit it off a bit better. Would be nice to have someone my age we could visit with. Oh well. Also found out they are expecting. Wonderful news. However, their kids are older than mine so it is going to be quite an adjustment, kwim?

Eating was not good at all! Burgers, hotdogs, chips, yada, yada, yada. Today I'm hoping to do better. I'm gonna try and cut back on coffee to. Havent had any so far today. I gave up the Pepsi only to replace it with coffee. Trying to start fresh today and eat better and try to count calories. Still at my highest weight. I was gonna give it some time before I changed my ticker. Doesn't seem to be going back down though.

Guess I'll go, didn't mean to write a book, lol. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Dawn and Shiela, Hi ladies, missed you while writing my long post, lol, have a great day!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #11  

Hi Alica! I know all too well about the bad eating this weekend...Chinese food, ice cream, candy, etc.!! Have a good day.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Howdy Chicksters...

Pam ~ I love your little belly dancer! Too cute. How many more classes do you have? Enjoy the last day of break with the kids.

sapphire ~ 6 lbs. already is excellent! I love to garden! DH actually enjoys cutting the grass and doesn't view it as chore. Good thing too because I hate to cut grass. I do love flowers though. We just moved here last summer and it's fun seeing all of the stuff popping up in the yard. Lots of perennials.

Hi Stephanie ~ Patterns are tricky! My mom is a great seamstress and she used to make me beautiful dresses. I remember a red one that she made me when I was in my early 20's and I noticed that the pattern was in a size 12. That was when I was *NOT* even close to a size 12 in my clothes. My sister stills sews and she always buys her pattern size in a larger size. You can always take it in if you have to. Oh how I'd love to buy a size 12 pattern now....

moto ~ Wow, you did great over the weekend. Eating smaller portions is half the battle with me (and lately I'm not winning!).

Hanna ~ another Yorkie! I know how much you love them though. Glad to hear that Sean is doing better. Fingers crossed that all continues to go well.

Sheila ~ Yummy. Sounds like one heck of a fine meal.

Dawn ~ I've been meaning to ask you about the college student that you had for Easter. Is DH a teacher? That's great that she could babysit while the two of you went to see a movie.

Alicia ~ sounds like a nice weekend; aunt, cousins, etc., etc... Get back on track today Girl!

I got up this morning and got my exercise in. We have loads of Easter candy but (thur far) haven't touched any today. We had an excellent Easter. Went to my folks and saw most of the fam. Good time. The kids had a blast. It snowed HUGE flakes here all day yesterday. The ground was too wet and none of it stuck but what a strange sight to see. Kids grabbing up brightly colored easter eggs with the snowflakes coming down. It was so hard to get up and get moving this morning. Feels good though to get back into a routine. I need to go pick up my nephew today (his mom is having #2 tomorrow) and tonight is my book club. One of those days where I feel like I'm meeting myself coming and going. I am soooo looking forward to tonight. Sit back with a little cheese... and chocolate... and wine. Gotta run. Take care everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello all! Finally have a chance to drop back in. We got back from Florida late Friday evening. What a drama filled week with the in-law, as if I expected anything else lol. We survived so that's good. Had a nice weekend at home.

I did manage to lose 1.5 pounds while on vacation, but I'm sure I'll gain it back... I lose and gain the same 2 pounds over and over again lately.

I hope you all are doing well! I don't have the time to go back and read a week's worth of posts, so I'm just starting out fresh.... again! lol

Got in a 3 mile WATP workout this morning. Hubby is working tonight so I'll probably do another video after my daughter goes to bed. Have a great night everyone!

Heather
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Happy, yeah, I am going to keep pup walking, but we will be back to shorter walks with him after my longer walk/run.

Kudos to all of you gardeners. We lease our home, so we don't put a lot of pride in our grass. Last summer was so dry that those who do had lawns that looked as poor as ours. If we owned though, we would spray for weeds. But without owning, it is hard to justify that expense. I go cheap for my flower areas as well...wild flowers. Most think they look cheap, but I like them a lot.

Well, my "big" news is that I finally stepped on the scale. I estimated myself at 180, but was so afraid to step on last week or this weekend, as I wanted to get more days under my belt before I risked a that sense of sadness in case I was way over 180. I am 183, so that made me happy, since I know that I knew my body well enough to know where I was. The last time I was on a scale was around April 06 and I was 170 then.

My question to you all is (please be honest): Should I go for 140 or 150 as a goal weight? I ask because I figured 140 would be best, but around 6 years ago, I was 150, but even then out of shape. So, when I get to 150 this time, I will be a healthier 150. So, part of me wants to shoot for 150 first to have something closer in sight. Am I spoiling myself to do 150 as a target? My hope is that I would hit 150 then, go for 135 as the ultimate goal.

So, what has worked for everyone else? Do you go for more pounds right off the bat, or set a more conservative goal, then make a new goal?

Also, I was just wondering how often you update your current weight on this site. Do you choose one certain day per week to evaluate?

Thanks for all the advice! And bless you all as you are moving and meeting goals!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #15  

Just checking back in quickly while DS is occupied...

Joan - DH was a youth pastor when we lived in MT - our houseguest over the weekend was one of youth group kids from there.
Heather - welcome back from vacation- glad to hear that you survived!
Motomom - I would change my weight on here weekly - if I was losing anything! I have been at the same weight for a month now.
Hanna - congrats on the new puppy!

Have a good night everyone!