Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: March 24-March 30

New pages!

There are posts from last yesterday; you might want to catch up with everyone.

Write away....
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. I hope you all had a joyous Easter Sunday. Our day was one of the nicest Easters. Started off with Church services. I love the music on Easter. Sarah did not have Sunday School and she was with us. She did great for 1 1/4 hour service. She sat and colored for about 10 minutes but actually listened. The first 1/2 is mostly singing which she loved. Then we had everyone over at 12:30 - dinner at 1:30. Everyone was gone by 4:30. TONS of left overs - it was a great day.

I did manage to get in a good long walk after things were cleaned up. Its nice and sunny today and I'm going to start walking again at lunch. Its still only in the 40s but the sun is strong and I'm dressed warmer. I need to get moving more. I did not write down anything since Thursday. Friday and Sat I have no idea what I had eaten (mostly core, some not). So I did my best to write down what I ate yesterday, including my wine. Ended up using about 19pts. We'll see what wi says tomorrow. I am back to strick core today and tons of water!

Rhonda, congrats on your loss! your doing great. I need to get some motivation from you. The last few weeks I've been up and down. Need to stop the up swings!

Coco, glad you had a nice quiet day yesterday. 3:45 is just toooooo early to be getting up. Hope you got some rest as well.

Got to run to get ready for a meeting. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #3  

Morning everyone
I have an extra long weekend this weekend and have today off as well. Yesterday was good went to my brothers for dinner. All everyone wanted to talk about was our dds wedding coming up. My goodness my SILs and nieces all have thier dresses already!!! Im still trying to pick one out. I have 4 coming in to choose from.
Did anyone watch a tv show last night called I can make you thin?? Its a series. I missed the first one but last nights episode was on emotional eating so it caughtmy eye. He gave a technique that uses acupuncture to stop yourself from eating. I tried it last night..I was full from supper and still wanted to eat the leftover cake I had brought home. Well I did the technique (and sometimes you have to do it a few times) and the feeling did go away and I got up and took the cake and poured water over it and threw it away.
hmmmmm wouldnt it be wonderful if this really did work?? It dosnt cost anything to try it,,,and I do believe in this sort of stuff so Im going to use it as a tool along with what I do already.
Since Ive been home from our trip my weight loss has stalled and it gets discouraging and its time to shake things up a bit.
Angela I hope your dd feels better today!!
Vickie how did the Easter dinner go?
Frouf how was the cruise?
Glad you had such a great day yesterday Paula! Good for you little dd to sit for soo long..wow
Coco I hope your feeling better soon
Rhonda thanks for starting new pages for us
Sandra where are you>>>/? enjoying that sunshine> i sure hope so

K Im off now to get some stuff done..Im still in my jammies and really taking advantage of my day off lol
have a great day everyone!!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Paula, but I'm sure I gained it ALL back yesterday I'm not going near a scale. I'm starting back to more walking also, but we still have more snow/ice than I really feel safe walking on. It will go soon.

I didn't watch the "I can make you thin" but I've been reading about it on 3FC. It makes good sense to slow down while eating. I didn't read about the accupressure/puncture part. Whatever works!

I was so tired today after work I took a two hour nap. That is really rare for me, but I loved it!

I hope everyone is having a good night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

We're having company tomorrow. Afterwards we may go to WW. I need to desperately.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been up since 5:00. It was not a good night of sleep after some over-indulgence that was neither good for my hiatal hernia nor for my WW plan. Today is a new day and I'm going to go on the treadmill in 10 minutes.

Paula, you sound happy and inspired by Spring. I need to live nearer to you so the inspiration could rub off on me!

Patti, I didn't see the show but I saw the Doctor on Ellen. Apparently, he was the Doctor who helped her to quit smoking. I'm interested but didn't know the show had started yet. I'm intrigued by the notion. It sounds like it might have worked for you. Easter was good for me but I overate and continued eating yesterday. I think I've stopped halted the collapse now.

Rhonda, I may have a nap today!

Sandra, what's going on with you?

Frouf, are you home?

Angela, life sounds hectic and stressful for you right now. How is program going for you? How are the girls feeling? My good thoughts are with you.

Ok...5 minutes to get my shoes on and find my iPod! Wish me luck. I'm not sure how long I can walk. It has been a long LONG time.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #7  

Morning chicks,
Just wanted to give a shout out to Vickie for getting back on the treadmill!! good for you Vickie!
Ive been walking for an hour each day since this weekend...the roads *were* clear and easy to walk on. My legs were sooo tired afterwards but a good tired. When I remember I try to do some arm lifts and stomach curls to whittle down the problem areas.
Were having a snow storm today...sigh.....it was melting so well!!
Have a good day today everyone
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  

Good job everybody on the exercise! It really is important to a healthy lifestyle.

Pretty soon here the roads should be clear enough that I can get back on my bike. I'm excited, but I'm also sure I've lost all my biking muscles I built up last summer and fall. Sometimes it's really annoying living in a place with winter.

Vickie, I'm not on plan at all. I am in survival mode when it comes to eating. I have been making whatever is fast and easy for my family, which as we all know, is generally not too healthy. I just feel like my whole life is kneejerk reactions to stuff going on around me...I am unable to plan anything. And if I do have any free time, I spend it resting or doing the small bit of playing I have time to do, rather than cleaning or planning. But I know if I were able to get back on plan, I would start feeling better, physically at least. I know when I was eating well and exercising consistently, I did feel better. It's just overwhelming right now.

I took my daughter to the dr yesterday. They were SURE she had influenza, but she doesn't. She actually has a bad ear infection, just like I thought. So now she's on antibiotics and hopefully should be back to school tomorrow or the next day.

I'm off to do some dishes...

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, you can only do so much. I hope I didn't add to your feeling overwhelmed. I just wanted you to know that I care about you and wish you well. I'm sure you'll get back on program when things settle down. Just watch your portions in the meantime.

I hope DD's antibiotics start to work quickly.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  

Hi all!!

I am still here. I had an okay weekend of eating. I did overdo it some. We had a wonderful Easter dinner at church everyone brings theiir whole family and we have a wonderful time. This year was the best . I am now back on track. We can do this together. I am on vacation from work that's why I have not been here lately. I just wanted to check in I will go back and read the post and post again later. Have a great day all. I return to work on Monday the 31st. I hope everyone enjoyed theiri weekend.

Last edited by Mercee; 03-25-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

The frouf is back! Tanned and relaxed - but not for long (back at work today - UGH!)

Had a fantabulous time (despite my high maintenance cruising gf who was very hard to please and a very picky eater!). Ship was gorgeous and weather was amazing - we did have some rain showers on and off in St. Lucia (mostly rainforest actually) - and I was able to find and put on my dollar store yellow poncho (finally after packing it on several trips). Some rocking and rolling of the ship on thursday as we headed back (some sort of leftover storm in the caribbean causing 10-12 foot swells) - I was okay but many on the ship were not feeling well and they were considering cancelling that evening's show due to the rocking motion - but all settled down around late afternoon so it was not that bad!

St. Martin was beautiful as usual - we headed out to Orient beach (on the french side) and yes my gf dragged me along to go for a walk on the nude side (honestly most of those people should have kept their clothes on - all I could think of was wrinkles and skin cancer!). St. Lucia we toured and saw most of the island and got to taste lots of the island delicacies....and St. Kitts was also lovely - (1 rain shower there) - tiny island but very lush - went to the fortress at the top of the island for some amazing views - also to a beach (where I was 'attacked' by a rock - strong undertow and rock hit my ankle leaving a bleeding gash! - salt water cleaned it out I guess and I had bandaid and polysporin in my cabin). Then 2 glorious days at sea heading home - sunshine, blue skies, turquoise ocean - what more could I ask for?

Food was delish - I ate my fill of smoked salmon and warm chocolate melting cake - and have 3 lbs on now to prove it! Back to reality now I guess? No room service, no one making my bed or putting fresh towels in the bathroom - what a bummer!

Everyone at home seems to have survived altho house looks a bit messy and no food in the fridge....and guess what? The snow is still here!!! Big drifts of it - but hopefully the end is in sight!

Have to try and catch up with everyone now - hope all is well!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 03-25-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #12  

Froufy- I am glad you enjoyed your trip and had a wonderful time.

Vickie - Good job getting back to the treadmill. I slacked off last week some but I started back yesterday. I try to do it 5 times a week. We can encourage each other.

Last edited by Mercee; 03-25-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #13  

Frouf, I'm so glad you're back. You make crusing sound so fun, it ALMOST makes me want to take my feet off dry ground and try one myself.

Vickie, no, you didn't make me feel more overwhelmed, don't worry.

Has anyone tried the 100 calorie packs of Girl Scout cookies? I think they're called Cinna-Spins. They're pretty tasty.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Well, never made it to wi today. DD was supposed to go to a friends house for the afternoon, but was complaining of a belly ache all morning. She did not want to go to gynmnastics today and 10 she wanted to go upstairs to lay down. I think it was a gas bubble, but to be on the safe side, I kept her home all day. She seems fine now. In a way I don't mind missing wi - too much ham,and tom is here. So, I'm drowning in water, but am writing things down as today is the start of a new week.

Frouf, glad you had a wonderful time, didn't you pack some of the warm sun to bring home?? You could have dropped it my way....

Vickie, congrats on getting back on the treadmill. One mile at at time!

Angela, hope things quiet down soon. How is the store doing?

Mercee, glad to hear you had a nice Easter. We also had a very nice day.

Sandra, did you make it to ww today? Hope you had a nice visit.

Well, off to get dd out of the tub, early bed time tonight as I do think she is fiting some bug. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
Just checking in real quick.
Weigh in yesterday wasnt good. Gained a pound. Guess too much salt. Had ham on Sunday.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Will go and read the post.
Thinking of everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote