Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default Feisty and sexy 50 and 60's Year Olds 166

G'day all,

Nice to see the new posts!

Glenda Yes the apartment is not only a nicer location (on the harbour) but it is 2 bedrooms which is nice for when we have visitors. It is serviced once a week instead of every day. I will just have to cope with a change of sheets every week instead of every second day. This is the website of the apartments http://at-australia.com/australia/gr...apr/index.html

Lovely that you had such a nice time with your grandson.

Lily Love your smilies, hope you are recovering again from your outing!

Peggy that sounds like an easy $400, good for you. I can imagene it would be a bit of a pain but only 5 minutes away is something one could cope with. At the end of it all do you then get the info which IS the best moisteriser
Spring is just the best time eventhough we are going to autumn I just love being in a cool climate when all the decidious trees start to sprout their new leaves, bulbs are popping up etc.etc. Don't know what autumn will be like here, the climate is sort of semi-tropical not as cold as Melbourne or Adelaide.

I went to a chiropracter last night as I am still having problems with my back. She also suggested I take some different herbal type potions as she said my body is 'under-nourished' I think her idea and mine of being under nourished are a little different I told her about the 'Light & Easy' thought but she said forget about any sort of dieting for the next 3 months and concentrate on getting your body into shape.
She made a lot of sense and initially I will be seeing her twice a week. So I will just see how things go.

See ya a bit later this afternoon.
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 02-25-2002 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-26-2002, 11:57 AM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Peggy: WOOOOO 400$ I would go twice a day for that to!
We just went out shopping and then to lunch. Lots of gabbing and a good time!

Maria: So you still got the service! Thats great! Dont need it everyday anyways! Flowers are coming up here to. Its getting really nice. Suppose to get up to 70's today SOrry your still having problems with your back. Hope the new herbs help you.

Off to work. Have a great day all! :sheep:
Old 02-26-2002, 04:57 PM   #3  

Default Have a few minutes at home

So thought I'd just drop a line. I read all the time but it's always on the run these days Most times I just print out what I haven't read and take it along.

Maria glad to see you are getting the apt. you wanted. And that your job is going so well. Hope ypur back is getting better.

Lily thanks for directing us to the new smiles they are cute. this was me over the weekend. But have gained control again.

Glenda glad you got to spend time with the Grand Baby. We are still waiting for the new baby to arrive.

Peggy You do get to do good stuff. Let us know what the results are.

Have to run because I need to get Gas before I leave town .

I'll se you later

Karen
Old 02-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #4  

G'day all,

Work is very quite today giving me ample time to have a bit of surf.
I have come across a site that looks really interesting for many things eg. stress reducing, weight reducing, healthy eating etc. etc.

http://sparkpeople.com/myspark/index.asp

Seeing I am hardly overworked I have signed up and set some goals. I thought I could use this with what my chiro advises and just generally keep track of things.
I know most of you are at goal but you may find it interesting for other areas in your life which you may like to change.
The new 'smilies' are cute. Pleased you have gained control again Karen, one of my reasons to see if the website I mentioned can steer me in the right direction!

Might check in later.
See ya
Cheers
Maria
Old 02-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #5  
Fun Blonde

My gosh, ladies, are we quiet here or what!

Maria - welcome to the world of work. That is the way my job goes--nothing, and then way too much! But with computers and the internet we can always do something. Maria, are you close to goal? I am 15 pounds away and just seem to be stuck there. Not the program's fault but mine.

Karen - so how is winter in winter wonderland? We are getting the cold but absolutely no moisture at all. I can live with that, but 13 degree mornings are pretty awful. We could become hermits, going right to work and then back into the car and into the garage. We don't seem to go anywhere. I see where cabin fever comes from.

Trudy - Your buddy should be home soon.I hope the weather there will suit her. Has she e:mailed you at all to rub it in that she is in the sun? I was thinking about you the other day, wondering if you and your hubby were going to take another quick trip. Remember the TRIP FROM ****! It was awful, but you got to see Las Vegas.

Lily - you are my hero. Everytime I read your little "sign-off" I think there is hope.
Glenda
Old 02-27-2002, 11:50 AM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Karen: Good to see you! Sounds like your so busy. But your doing what you like and thats important!
The rears it ugly head sometimes with me to.

Maria: Great site! I signed up and set some exercise goals for myself. Looks really fun. Gotta go back and check out some more!

Glenda: My jobs the same way. Either its slow or theres way to much to do! Wish it was just an even stream but it never is.

Gonna go finish checking out that site Maria posted. Its slow this morning cept for the stupid phone. Dont they know Im busy
Old 02-27-2002, 05:10 PM   #7  

G'day all,

Glad you liked the site Lily I thought it was excellent and it WILL help me to stay on track

Glenda I am not sure what my official goal is anymore but my goal is to be 10kg (about 22 pounds) by the time we leave sydney in October.

My work is so slack that I have brought in my laptop and will start doing a bit of work on my nephews web page that I promised I would do.
I hope I don't get too many interuptions from work

I also received some bad news this morning, my s-i-l with the lung cancer is in a bad way, her red blood count is right down, she was admitted to hospital and they have to give chemo a break. Her husband (dh's brother) has not been coping at all since she was diagnosed with lung cancer however he still did have a hip replacement done in November on the insistance of his wife. He hasn't recovered terribly well and he has now been diagnosed that he has Parkinson disease
It seems to all be happening to them. I am not sure what I can do from here, I don't know if a cheery letter is appropriate. I might just send them a card to let them know we are thinking of them.
A very difficult situation.
Sorry to end on a rather sad note.

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-27-2002, 05:48 PM   #8  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

I have had some PC problems. I have a ZoneAlarm Firewall and last week there was an update, which I did, and which I messed up. Anyway after spending an hour on the phone with my DSL Technician I found out that the whole Firewall will have to be taken off. The Firewall blocks my access to the Internet. According to him, removing it is no easy feat for someone with a limited expertise. We got some of it off, but need help for the rest. How can anyone get into so much trouble?

Glenda If I am correct, our pal Slavika should be coming home on the 5th of March. I can't believe how fast Feb has gone by. She has sent me a few cards, and she is having a WONDERFUL TIME. She did get a couple of e-mails to me via her friends PC.

Maria I think you have a dream job. I would even go back to work under those conditions.
That is one great site ... I signed up too. I think we need all the help we can get. Thanks for always letting us know when you come across something good.
So sorry to hear about your SIL and her DH. They are sure having a tough time.
Lily These smilies are so cute. I never even noticed we had new ones. This is how I am feeling these days... Next Tue I am going to WI, no matter what. What do you suppose the smilie is? That one confuses me.
Karen You are always on the go. When does the new Grandbaby arrive...(sorry if you already said).

My DD and her hubby are in Cuba and we have the Granddog...she is keeping us on the go. Our newspaper is delivered at 4:40am... how do I know the exact time you ask??? Well, because Jessica barks and barks and BARKS... she runs around in a tizzy - she is so loud.

Hi to Peggy and Ann I know you two are busy too, but your posts are on the other page so I can't refer to them.

Talk to you all later,
Old 02-27-2002, 10:32 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Cold!!!Brrrr!

A gorgeous full moon, clear and cold. Supposed to be a frost tonight. Yuck!

We have it easy. Just watched the news and saw horrible pile-ups on interstates in New York and Kentucky with many cars and trucks all piled up in a big mess. Guess no one was seriously hurt, but bet there were a lot of frazzled tempers.

Maria: Glad you are going to have your new apartment. It sounds like you have the perfect job.

Glad to be home and get caught up on all the news. I've got about 12 lbs to go to get back to goal. Haven't been on the scales since we got back from our trip. I hope the number hasn't gone up.:

See you all tomorrow. Ann
Old 02-28-2002, 07:37 AM   #10  

Hi all, Maria I am going to check out that site when I get back from my arm treatment. Hate going out early this week because it is freezing. Monday was nice and no coat and then Tuesday came with snow and all. Yuck. The spring flowers were just starting to bloom. Oh well. You always find the best sites and it must be good since you all are signing up for it. Trudy good luck with the computer stuff. That is way beyond me. Let us know how your dd liked Cuba. And good going on getting the gold in men's hockey. The confusing smiley looks like a birthday cake to me. Do you think that too? We have had a runaway cow in town this past week. She escaped from the packing house and she was caught the other night. They are looking for the right place to put her. She was one smart cow and managed to jump over a 6 foot fence and cross busy streets. She will be having a long life on a farm somewhere. Good for her. That is about as exciting as it gets around here. Time for my early arm treatment. Have some fun today.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:13 AM   #11  
Fun Blonde

Peggy - I read about your cow. She made the national news. Good for her. Glad she escaped, but isn't this funny! When is your $400 payday?

Maria - I get so sad for people when they are going through multiple situations like your sil and bil. And it seems to be happening more and more as I and my friends and relatives get older. Makes you just want to pack in as much joy and fun as you can everyday.

Trudy - your computer problems are way, way beyond me. When I have anything go wrong, I call our little guy, but, of course, I don't have the freedom you have at home. Your dd is in Cuba? Having a holiday? I don't think of Fidel's Cuba as a vacation spot, but I am sure it is beautiful. So, are you enjoying Jessica, even with the barking? Dogs are such pals. My little Kassie is always so happy to see us when we come in for work and the rest of the evening she is such a lap dog--must be why I get nothing done. I just don't want to disturb her.
Glenda
Old 02-28-2002, 12:51 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Maria: So sorry to hear about your SIL. I would send a card so they know you are thinking of them.

Trudy: The cakes for Happy Birthday! The smiles were just added the other day. Havent been here long. Im sure Slavika is having a great time. Hows your mom doing?
Sorry about your computer woes. My sister had the same problem. I told her to talk to DH and I dont know what the problem was. But she used Zhone Alarm also.

Ann: Good to see you back! Its nice an toasty here. In the 70's. Pretty strange!

Peggy: Oh my, a cow jumping a fence??? Must be a pretty smart cow. Glad it didnt get hurt. I think it wanted out as it knew what was gonna happen. Poor cow.

Glenda: I dont blame you for disturbing the puppy. Sides it makes you relax anyways!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by LilyG; 02-28-2002 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:03 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Cool its cold out today... brrrrrr!

The temp is -17C which is about 1F with a really strong wind. This cold is going south and that is why Peggy & Ann are feeling it. It has been so mild out all winter, so these few days are bearable .... almost.

Lily... Now that you point it out, I can see the birthday cake.. This ZoneAlarm fire wall is so messed up that it was blocking my way to the internet. The technician helped me get a lot of it off, but he said that I will have to try zonelabs.com/services/support to get the rest of it off, and just maybe some of it will be in my PC for eternity. My son-in-law told me I need a firewall, do you have one?
Glenda Cuba is a very popular vacation spot for Canadians and a lot of Europeans. My DD is in Varadero, which is a bit north of Havanna. They are at a posh resort. They picked a good week to go since it is so cold here this week. Even though Jessica barks so much, I just love having her here. She is so much fun, she always makes us laugh, and nobody is so happy to see me as she is . Right now, she is right beside me sitting in the sun.
Peggy I had to laugh at the cow's adventure. She deserves a nice farm to live on. Too bad the spring flowers are going to suffer ... you are so lucky to have spring starting already.
Ann You are so close to goal, you must feel really good about that. I will keep my fingers crossed that you haven't gone up.

My Mom is doing so well. She might not need the 8 - 10 weeks of physio. I took her grocery shopping today and I was so pleased to see her walking so well with a cane. She does tire out, but that is mostly because of her heart.

Hope everyone is having a nice day... bye bye
Old 02-28-2002, 05:33 PM   #14  

G'day all,

Lots of posts for me to read this morning :sheep:

Trudy that is very hard for me to imagene, that IS cold, wow. I must admit I never though of Cuba as a holiday destination but it sounds very nice. Glad you are enjoying the company of dd's dog despite the barking!

Peggy do have a look at the site I posted, I really like it and have been journaling since I joined up. What I like is that it is all password protected, a handwritten journal I always feel a bit nervous about someone reading it. I have no great secrets but it is private and I prefer my journal to only be read by me

Ann I hope you had a pleasant surprise when you got on the scales

Glenda You are so right, make your life fantastic now you just never know what is around the corner that could put a spanner in the works
What a bore I thought my father was when I was very young, "your health is everything" he always used to say, when you are very young you just take good health for granted.

Well what have I planned for the weekend, firstly the new apartment tonight and then tomorrow.....wait for it... the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
I think just about the whole world's gay community takes part in it and it is quite a spectacle. We have bought tickets to view it in a stand, we might as well do it in style. It will be the first and last time so what the heck . I have no problems with gay people as long as they don't make it compulsary
Sunday we are having some people for lunch in the new apartment and then it is time to get ready for the working week again.

Have a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Old 02-28-2002, 10:08 PM   #15  

Back again, very busy

I came across this site that has heaps of links to many very interesting sites.

http://www.lightliving.com/links.html

It is a tough life, but someone has to do it

HAve a great weekend all
Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread