Cooking Tips and Questions - How to Make the Perfect Omelette

View Full Version : How to Make the Perfect Omelette

LindseyLouWho
03-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Since I wanted to make myself a nice Easter brunch today, I googled the technique for making a good omelette and came up with this website. Every other time I've ever attempted an omelette I end up getting frustrated and ending up with a lumpy, ripped eggy mess. This time, however, it did indeed come out perfectly. I used Egg Beaters instead of real eggs (I used 4 servings, but if you use a smaller pan I'm sure you could use less) and stuffed mine with a little mozzarella cheese and some cooked bell peppers.

Anyway, here's the link for anyone interested:
http://www.pineapple-girl.com/omelet.htm

Sweetcaroline
03-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow Lindsey... Thank you... This morning I made the eggy mess one... LOL
I love having the step by step pictures to go by... Congrats on your weight loss.. I loved looking at your mini goals, they are very encouraging... Keep up the good work.

Tomato
04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
This is interesting. I will try the swishing technique, although I think my omeletes are turning out almost perfect. (The completely perfect ones are those that I sometimes treat myself to at the farmers' market - there is a lady there (a restaurant owner) who makes THE best omelet - she uses an electric griddle.

I want to add though that I never see the egg whites turning white in the omelete - I beat the eggs with a fork until the whites and yolks are mixed. I never add salt, pepper or any other spices, I just eat it as is (especially if i add feta or smoked salmon or some cold slice - they are salty enough).

Now I have a craving for an omelet - darn! :p

mayness
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I just used this technique to make myself a ridiculously attractive (and yummy) omelette. It was really quick and easy, too, after I read through the instructions a few times so I knew exactly what I was doing. :)

I filled it with some broccoli slaw (the kind you buy in a bag near the bagged salads), which I sauteed before I started cooking the eggs, and low-fat shredded cheddar. I also put a little of the cheese on top after I folded it.

Next time I'll make them when my husband is around, so I can show off. :D