100 lb. Club - accountability / menus / planning - week of March 23 - 29

Beverlyjoy
03-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!

Beverlyjoy
03-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi chickies - yesterday was an on plan day - I am grateful. :) DH is still sick :( and it will be a quiet day. I was going to do taxes yesterday, but, decided to hang out with my DH. We watched movies and basketball. It felt good just to hang. :)

My mom might come over for dinner - but, I think she may want to avoid DH's germs.

today -
taxes :dizzy:
meditation
water, water, water
journal food
stretches
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, npnb toast, apple
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, crackers, brocolli
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - turkey, dressing, asparagus, salad with lite dressing
snack - cereal, skim milk

Patchy - YAY for staying with your plan...that's great! :D

bgtxmamma- sounds like you had a great day - glad to hear it. :D

darkblue - remember that everyday is a new beginning...whether you've eaten to much or stayed with your plan - we all get a fresh start. You can do this...we are with you. :hug:

schmoodle - GREAT job on cooking ahead. :):) It's nice to have it right there. Glad you got rid of the temptations...will power only last for so long. :D

mj5 - hope your headache is all gone. I am so so glad to hear that your knee is feeling better today! :carrot::carrot:

Have a GREAT day, friends. Be kind to yourself in every way. :)

mj5
03-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Good Morning!

patchymama--Good for you! I know, right?! But, I always feel good afterwards!

txmomma--Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you had a fun, busy day yesterday! Did you get to adopt a dog? Or just check out all of the cuties? I can't watch some of the commercials on tv--one in particular, I think it is Sarah McLaughlin about adopting pets...it makes me cry every time! I'm such a sap! Sounds like you had a fantastic day w/ exercise and food! Gread job!

Darkblue--Yea, I have been there many times....It's an easy 'trap' to fall into. Today is a new day! I have been there more times that I would like to admit! You can do this!!! They are dvds, but you do not do on the treadmill. The work great for me--I have a small living room and you don't need a lot of space to do them.

Schmoodle--I'm not exactly sure what the 'technical' difference is....I just know the Walk Slim is more intense...I am sweating SO much at the end of a Walk Slim and I can only do about 2 miles of a Walk Slim and can do more WATP--even if I use weights. Not sure if that makes any sense...That's awesome that your library has some you can check out before you buy. That's awesome that you were in the cooking mood!

beverlyjoy--Glad you were able to spend a nice relaxing day w/ dh! Yes, headache is gone and knee still feels pretty good! How have you been feeling lately? I didn't do our taxes either! I need to get on it, but not today. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Yesterday by the time I went to workout I was still a little headachy-so I did the Walk Slim - Fast Firming dvd. I did everything, except the lunges. My knee is finally feeling a bit better and I didn't want to chance it! I'll have to come up w/ something to replace them, lunges just aren't a good idea for me. Let me tell you...I can totally feel it in my arms and shoulders today! In a good way, though, not like I over did it! Today I will do a Walk Slim 2 miles. Normally I don't workout on Sundays (my day 'off'), but I know there will be lots of temptations at dinner today, sO I want to make sure I give myself an extra boost. Plus, I know when I workout I am less likely to go off plan...who wants to waste a workout on icky food choices? Of course, that is easy to say sitting at home w/ few temptations!

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!

math puppy
03-24-2008, 04:45 AM
hello acountibilla-buddies
i been MIA these past two days, and not very on plan. but its wasnt too bad. i didnt keep track of my cals one day, and the day i went over i didnt eat enough to gain any weight. so, now im back.

no matter howmany times i go off plan, i will come back :D !

the whole "keeping track of how many days in a row im on plan" has really opened my eyes. staying on track for me is HARD! if its this hard to stay on track when im counting, no wonder the scale didnt move when i wasnt keeping track!

oh well, monday is a whole new day. ill count everything i eat, and its the new day one! yay. i hope you all have a good day beverlyjoy and mj5, good for you checking in on easter! hope your dh is feeling better soon. and mj you are such a work out inspiration. i know pleanty of people that would just give up on work outs because of bad knees ect. you always find ways to work with what you got. it gives me hope for myself :)

Beverlyjoy
03-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi Chicks - I stayed on plan yesterday - with some extra nibbles of the corn bread stuffing (so yummy). It put me in the upper range of my calories - but, really it was a successful day. :) I am grateful.

Today-

PT
water
journal food
meditate
stretches
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, applesauce
lunch - wrap with lite cheese and turkey, asparagus
snack - apple, yogurt, flax
dinner - 12 grain pancake, soy bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, fruit, skim milk

Mathpuppy - good spriit! :) Yes, do - always come back. Life happens - we pick up and carry on. Keeping track of on plan days is an eye opener. Glad you checked in!! Have a GREAT day.

Mj5 - I am glad you could get some exercise in - glad that you took good care of your knee too. :D Good idea to workout on your "day off" - it helps when tempted with lots of goodies.

To all my buddies here - have a GREAT day. :D

mj5
03-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope you are are doing well! I have to take the dogs to the 'spa' soon...LOL! They are getting a bath, nails clipped, and their anal glands 'expressed'--something we could learn how to do, but I refuse! It is $ well spent in my book! The lady at the kennel we use also does grooming and she gives us a discount, since we kennel there sometimes. Plus, while they are there I will clean their crates, wash the blankets we snuggle w/ at night so everything will be nice and clean! I can't wait! My 'girls' will be white again (well, at least their parts that are supposed to be white) and they will glisten like crazy!!

math puppy--I am so glad you came back! I totally hear you...my whole "sticker plan" makes me look at things differently too! Good for you for getting right back on track! Ahhh, thanks! For a long time I did use my knee as an excuse....even when I knew (how could I not...I had my pt, and my drs telling me!) how much I needed to exercise to keep the muscles strong and that it would be helpful to lose weight. Of course I knew better....I know I can't use it as an excuse anymore--I may need to modfy what I do some days, but I CANNOT give it up! I am so glad that I give you hope! Hearing that, helps me push myself too! I have to say, I love this place for support!!!

Beverlyjoy--Great job! I did well yesterday--I think the extra workout helped! Plus I wore a new pair of pants that were a little snug when I bought them, but are now loose in the legs--that was a great reminder not to eat too much! How are the kashi waffles? I really like some of the cereals and have wanted to try the waffels, but they are a little expensive. If they are worth the extra $, I will get some, though.

So, as I said to Beverlyjoy, I did well yesterday. TOM is here today and I feel really icky. I will NOT use that as an excuse! After we drop off the dogs and I get the cleaning done (not much really--probably 20 mins worth), I will do a watp dvd, then relax for a while. Both dh and I are off today, so we are going to just hang out at home--I think.

I need to eat some breakfast....I'm sure I'll be back later!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

I'm going to be honest here and tell you all that I did not do well this weekend. This is the first Easter that we've not spent with my brother and his family or with my Dad...it was just my little family. I was feeling very down yesterday, but trying not to let my Hubby or the girls know. I used the food for comfort and to celebrate. I did enjoy the day....we had a great dinner, blew bubbles outside and watched Enchanted. However, I'm paying for my overindulgence this morning....my stomach is not very happy. And, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning. Sometimes, I get frustrated with myself as my comitment is so often not what it should be. But, here I go again. The only thing I can really comfort myself with is the fact that I've managed to maintain my loss, even though I haven't managed to move much further down the road...yet.

Today's plan - Count the calories, stay away from the leftover ham and do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill. Its looking like another extremely busy work week. But, since I moved into this new position, all of the weeks are turning out to be extremely busy and stressful. I can't keep using this as an excuse to not exercise.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey, MJ. We posted at the same time. I'm with you on the whole "excuses" thing. I also need to quit making excuses. I know what I need to do to get where I want to be....and, I am the only one that can make myself do this.

Enjoy your day off.

bigtxmomma
03-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey guys. =D

I had a good Easter. Today will be less crazy.

Technically I lost 11 pounds this week, which is freaking me out even though I know I didn't actually lose 11 pounds. When I officially weighed in last Monday at 294, I had a ton of water weight because of TOM and had been weighing 290 a couple days before that. I weighed in yesterday and it was 285, and then I weighed this morning and it's 283.

I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING UNHEALTHY, I SWEAR! I've been drinking wayyyyy more water, mostly because I've stepped up my exercise. And we've gone swimming for the past couple days. I think the scale is just normalizing from TOM, etc.

Be back in a bit for personals. I need to work on breakfast!

Schmoodle
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Good morning chicks! I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday, whether you were celebrating the holiday or not. We had a fun time at my mother's visiting with family. Overshadowed with some sadness that my Great Aunt passed away on Friday.
I was not well-behaved, as the desserts were too awesome to pass up, and I knew I'd be on Ph1 today, so I used that as an excuse. I did notice a difference from past family dinners though. My mom and dad are both trying to lose some weight, and my skinny SIL is always watching her weight (which is why she's skinny, I guess), so we had meat, bread, mashed potatoes AND (get this) butternut squash, steamed cauliflower, steamed asparagus, roasted carrots and turnips, boiled rutabagas, and salad. I've never seen such a veggie spread at one of our dinners before. And a gorgeous fruit salad as an alternative to the desserts. So, maybe we're making some progress.
Anyway, I'm commited to finishing out the month with a bang, on a strong Ph1.
Today's menu:
B: Asparagus and cheese omelet, coffee with milk
S: Tomato juice, leftover veggies
L: Beef-veg stew
S: latte, Greek yogurt with almonds
D: Fireside white bean and sausage soup, roasted asparagus
S: Sugar-free jello cup
Drink all my water and get in my exercise, and I'm on my way!

Beverly, hope DH is well soon, and you stay healthy!
Rhonda, you can see you're not the only one! We're back, that's what matters...
mj, good for you for sticking to plan yesterday! Give yourself a pat on the back from me. I get the Kashi waffles, although they are not quite on-plan for me, but they are very close. They are a little expensive, but I only have one once or twice a week, with a little natural peanut butter spread on, and it's one of my big treats I look forward to, so I make that box last a month at least, and I feel like it's worth it. Better to treat myself that way, than with something unhealthy! Eggo also has a nutri-grain waffle that is pretty good.
mathpuppy, I am going to borrow the days-on-track idea from you and Rhonda. My goal is 14 completely on-plan days for Phase I. I may even break out the stickers!

Let's get back on plan and back to work and make this a great week, chicks!

Schmoodle
03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi bigtx - sounds like the perfect storm - TOM, water weight, upping your exercise, etc. As long as you are doing it the healthy way, enjoy your big week! I know how excited I would be to have 11 pounds gone alll at once! If you were on TBL, you would definitely be TBL of the week.

mj5
03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Rhonda--New day, new plan! I know you can do this. It isn't easy, in fact some days are SO hard, but I know we can do it! Yes, I am the queen of excuses...I need to get back to looking at my time at the gym as 'my time to myself'--that always helped to get me there too. You deserve the time to yourself to exercise!

txmomma--WOW! That's great! Keep doing it the healthy way!

Schmoodle--I am so sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. Sounds like there was a lot of progress at your dinner! Good luck w/ Ph1! I say, break out the stickers! I like having a visual! Thanks for the waffle info!

Oh, I didn't weigh in today..w/ TOM I know the scale is up.

bigtxmomma
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Okkkkkkkkk personalssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Beverly, I hope DH feels better. =( I've never head corn bread stuffing. Sounds yummyyyyyyy.

mj, ANAL GLANDS EXPRESSED??! o.O I think I'm gonna rethink this whole dog thing. lol Just kidding. =D We didn't adopt one, but I keep thinking about this one that we met. =/ I think we'll start seriosuly looking when we get back from my brother's wedding, which is at the end of April. Gah I'm such a sap, too. Esp with rescue dogs. Sigh. They make my heart hurt. I'm glad your knee is feeling better. I can see why you refuse to express anal glands.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you had a tough weekend. =( It is depressing not to be with extended family and doing the usual ritual around holidays. :hug:

Math, yay for coming back! I know what you mean, though. It's so much better to move on and stick with it than to torture yourself for a mistake and give up. =D I'm so proud of you!

Schmoodle, I'm sorry about your great aunt. =( That was an impressive veggie spread. =D I'm looking foward to your phase 1! And thank you for the kind words. =D

I'm going to check out the Kashi waffles. Or maybe come up with an equivalent recipe. I love Kashi.

Rakel, wherever you are, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!! I hope you check in soon so we can hear how it went. =D

Ok I'm going to look at the old thread now.

mj5
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM
txmomma--Didn't mean to scare you w/ the dog anal expression talk! Not even really sure why I felt the need to share that?!!! I didn't even know that was something that needed to be done (and I had dogs all my life!), until Casey our 5 y/o ended up w/ an 'infected-impacted anal gland. I will spare you the disgusting details. Bottem line, the poor little thing was in so much pain and it was really expensive (a couple of vet trips and antibiotics) to clear up. Since it happened once, she is prone to it happening again....I refuse to express them myself, so off to the groomer we go! It only has to be done a couple times a year, so it really isn't bad. The 'girls' are all pretty for Spring! Yea for considering a rescue dog! I know, they pull at my heart too! I would get another dog if I thought we could do it, but two is really enough for us.

TOM is kicking my butt today....I feel really sick and worn out, that doesn't normally happen, thank goodness, so I have been happy to just kind of relax today.

Back to work tomorrow, but at least it will be a nice short week!

Tonight, even though it is really cold, we are busting out the grill....we are having some steaks, a nice salad and I'm not sure what else. Just waiting for dh to get off the phone to get it all going.

Darkblue
03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Breakfast--
pomegranate juice, hot tea, milk
waffles, 2, Kashi, frz
real maple syrup--1/8 C--it's so sweet I can't eat much of it
bacon--35/cal slice
butter, tsp
strawberries, 1 C

Lunch--
Yogurt, YoPlus
9 All-Bran Crackers
tuna mini-cup with mayo, lowfat, 1 tbs, green olives, 1 tbs, minced onion
almonds--7 (for the salty crunch)

Dinner--
ham steak--4 oz
veg mix--steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
canned corn, 1/3C

green tea with honey

~1400 k/cal, :) 17g fiber :(

GirlyGirl--I'm with you in sympathy...bad weekend here too. But we can get back on track with Monday!

mj5--what did you all make on the grill? Good job with the exercise despite the knee. It's a lesson and a motivation I need to learn!

Schmoodle--that sounds like a great Easter spread to me! I'm sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. :(

txmomma--wow, 11 pounds! Whatever the reason, that rocks! :carrot:

math puppy
03-25-2008, 02:30 AM
So I finally watched that “I can make you thin” show they got on tv right now. It was interesting. I really liked the idea of slowing down the eating process he has. Has anyone else seen it?

If you haven’t, he tells people to actually put the fork down between bites, and to do nothing but enjoy the food. NOTHING, no tv, no newspaper, no talking. Just savor it and eat it very slowly. It was actually amazing for me because I had some of my binge trigger foods…they actually didn’t taste so good when I ate them. I actually left them on my plate, not to stop a binge…but because eating them wasn’t fun! This whole time I was just reacting to the sugar and fat. Not the taste. It was such a weird feeling. I think that this whole concept might help me not binge anymore, if I’m only going to eat so much in a day, I want to enjoy it!!

Today was good, I didn’t go over plan, but it was an upper range day. I have that familiar hungry feeling in my tummy. (Oh joy, the feeling of weight loss!) but I’m on scale strike till I feel secure enough to face the music, im sure its not bad but…well, I just need a few days.

I find it so odd that I have such a hungry feeling but my stomach wont growl. It usually growls if I don’t eat during a meal time, but not now. Does this happen to anyone else at night?

Beverlyjoy- I love corn bread, I don’t blame you for extra nibbles! That’s what the calorie range is for… those days we need a little “extra”.

Mj- for some reason when I read about your doggies I heard that song “expresse yourself” then I pictured your doggies jamming.

Girlygirlsebas- im sorry you had such a sad day. We’ve all used food as comfort before. I’m proud of you for checking in, even if things are not going so well. I know they will be better before you know it. How did ‘staying away from the ham’ go?

Bigtxmomma- even if its water weight…it still feels kinda good to see the scales go down! Hee hee. good job drinking all that water! Lol I just read what schmoodle said. Omg you are the biggest loser!!!

Schmoodle- I hope the days-on-track idea helps! I know it helps me. Im glad you had a healthy easter. Its much easier when those around you are supportive but I suppose its easy for them to be supportive when they want to lose weight too. So sorry about your great aunt. Hope everyone is taking care.

Darkblue- how did your day go?

Beverlyjoy
03-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi folks - I hopped on the scale today and I am down two pounds - I am so happy. :D:D Getting close to onederland...it's exciting. It's been years since I weighed this little. Thanks to you all for your support. :)

Yesterday I stayed in my calorie range - but, as I wrote down my food during the day I realized that I take little tastes of this and that - a toss of DH's hard candy in my mouth and actually am doing a little "grazing" during the day. I am going to try and me more mindful of my choices.

today -

storytelling this morning
ice/heat/stretches/exercises
journal food
lots of water
meditation
PMA
take mom to doctor

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, npnb on whole wheat, canteloup
lunch - turkey and lite cheese -open face on ww bread, veggies
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - HC dinner, asparagus
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

I don't have time for personals right now, I'll get back to you all as soon as I can.

Have a GREAT day!!! :)

Purplefirefly
03-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey, everyone :wave: I know, I'm a stranger now, but I thought I'd check in real quick this morning. We are suddenly under major financial stress and I'm extremely nervous, to the point of feeling sick, about what is going to happen. The small company hubby drives for is going to go under we are pretty sure, he has been home more than on the road and bringing in less than half of our usual income :stress: It's getting tight, and I keep telling him to look for a new job, but he has waited out bad periods with this company before and the boss always rewards him in the end, so he is loyal and stayed. But now it's looking hopeless, he finds a new job or we go under ourselves, so hopefully he sees this and quits. He is putting in an application at a new company today...well, his momma is giving it to someone who hires for the company, so she thinks he'll get in. Yet, he's telling me he's no sure he'll take it if he does :?: he's so loyal to this stupid company because he was one of the very first drivers when it was a new company, being run out of the boss's basement. I told him that history won't feed the kids, ya know? We're going to have marital problems as well if things don't get fixed and he turns down a better job.

Beverly--Look how skinny you are getting! I am so proud of you!

math puppy--I have heard the slowing down trick before, but it doesn't seem to work for me unless I wait and eat after, or before, the kids. I might try it again though, I need all those ideas right now I can get.

I will come back and catch up more after I get kiddies to school.

Purplefirefly
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
mj--hope you are feeling better today. How was the steak and salad? That sounds yummy :T

txmomma--I am the same way about rescue dogs, it is so sad to walk through the shelter and see them. That is where we got two of our dogs, and we only went in for one ;) Congrats on the 11 lb. I would consider that for two weeks...but that is still an amazing loss! The extra exercise and swimming is working, keep it up.

Schmoodle--good luck on phase 1, you can do it :) I want to finish the month out with a bang as well, so have been forced back on plan the past 3 days. It is becoming less of a struggle now, today I got up and did my workout out of routine, not kicking my butt the entire way, so it's coming back to me.

Rhonda :cheer2: get on that treadmill today, you can do this! I am just getting myself back to the exercise as well, and it is SO hard once you stop that habit, even though you know how good you'll feel. But I know you can do it, work not...WE CAN DO THIS :cheer2: I am just committing to one thing at a time, back to little baby steps like when I first started. This week my committment is just to exercise everyday. If that feels natural again by next week, I'll add something else, if not then it'll just be exercise again. I am finding with only that restriction my eating has been back on track as well, go figure! One step at a time, you can get back at it.

One thing I am thankful for is that I have been able to maintain with minimal stress, so that makes me feel like this is at least permanant, even if it is painfully slow!

Schmoodle
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Hi chicks,
I did a clean Ph1 day yesterday, and believe me, it was not so easy. I packed up all the kids' Easter candy and put it out of my sight. Fortunately I did not get them much so it won't last too long. But then DS went over to a friends and I guess the parents took them to a candy store and he brought home bags of candy - caramels, my favorite! I just had an extra sugar free jello and went to bed quick.
I also made my exercise goal for the month, 900 minutes, but I have broken 1000 already, so maybe that was too low. I've adjusted my March weight goal. Originally I wanted to lose 5 lbs., but I've only lost 2 so far, and I'll be happy if I can just make it into the 180's by April.
Anyway, I need to plan my food for today, as I'll be out running around a lot. DD has an interview in DC and I told her I'd take her in.

B: nonfat cottage cheese with chopped cucumber, coffee with milk
S: V8, hard boiled egg
L: Beef Veg Stew, sugar free jello
S: String Cheese, nonfat latte
D: White Bean and Turkey Sausage Stew, roasted carrots and turnips
S: NSA fudgesicle

bigtxmomma
03-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Is the TLC show w/ Paul McKenna sorta like a seminar series? I dl'ed the British version -- it's an auditorium full of people. The part I watched so far was the "habits of thin people" and training yourself to learn how to be hungry.

I liked it so far -- I think the idea of starving and denying yourself food is THE key to failure, and it's good to see that being picked up into the mainstream. I got to the point where he told us to go get a fork and knife. I think to learn how to eat and slow down. I'm looking forward to the part about how we get visually attached to food, and if you don't look at it, it doesn't have the same yumminess.

We're heading to the pool. I think I'm going to go light on the exercise today. My muscles hurt from yesterday. I've had a relatively easy time with the food lately. I'm not constantly THINKING about eating the way I usually am, or wondering what I'm going to eat next. It's kind of nice. Maybe it's because I have a fridge full of leftovers. =D

Oh my gosh, Beverly, you're so close to the 100s!!!! I'M SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine how good that feels to be so close. =D =D

Purple, I'm sorry you're stressed out. =( Men are like dogs with loyalty. I guess that's a good thing. But yea, I'm with you. Jump ship. That sucks. =( Be proud of yourself for being able to maintain. Like that's huge, really.

Schmoodle, that's awesome. 1000 mins of exercise! Wow!!

mj, :rofl: not to worry, I TOTALLY appreciated the weirdness of anal gland expression. And now I have the image set to Madonna, courtesy of Math Puppy. Hahahahah. You guys are awesome. But I hope you're feeling better. =D

Darkblue, nice menu. =D Hope you're having a good day today. =D

Yayyyyyyyyyyy Math! I think that's a HUGE step, not enjoying the binge foods. =D I know what you mean... there's this type of hunger that is different than empty-stomach hunger. And it's not mouth hunger at all. It's like a weird, almost achey hunger. I get it most after I exercise. Maybe it's thirst. I always read that there is some kind of thirst hunger that feels like hunger but it's actually thirst.

mj5
03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone! Wow, I just don't know where today went! It's ok, though, one thing at a time. At least my supervisor recognizes that we are all uber busy and she is trying to be as sensitive to that as she can, but sometimes she just has to say "this must get done".

Math Puppy--I haven't seen that show, but my mom really likes it. I may dvr it and watch this weekend. That's awesome about not eating your binge foods! You make me laugh so much!!! Too funny "express yourself...."

Beverlyjoy--Great job!!!! You are doing fantastic!

Purple--Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I cannot even imagine how stressful that must be! I am better today. Dinner was really good. One of the best presents my parents ever bought us was a small chest freezer. I honestly don't know how we managed before we had it...I stock up when things are on sale. Fantastic job on maitaining w/ all the stress!!!!

Schmoddle--You can do this!!!

txmomma--Glad you appreciated it! I know...I'm gonna have that song in my head at the gym tonight!!!!

Rhonda--How are you? Did you hop on that treadmill? I'm going to the gym to do just that in a few minutes!

I only did a one mile watp dvd this am (did I say "only"....one mile isn't bad, really!). I still felt a little icky, but better as the day went on. I am going to go to the gym to do some more cardio--I'm thinking treadmill tonight. Tomorrow I will re-start lifting weights. I am listing it here for accountability!

K, gotta get to the gym!

Beverlyjoy
03-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi again...

Mj5 -it's nice to take the dogs to the beauty shop. They always smell so good after! ;) You asked about the Kashi waffles. I had never tried any frozen waffles til these. They are very good and have fiber and whole grain. They are a bit pricey... How was your steak and salad.. we'll be using the grill soon, too. :)

Rhonda - so sorry your Easter was tough. :hug: Food is an easy comforter. It's what we've always done. Yet...you've managed to maintain your loss which is a wonderful victory. :) You can do this...we are with you. :hug:

txmama - WOW - what a loss. :D:carrot::carrot::D Losing water weight counts. So glad that the scale went down..love it. :D

Schmoodle - Sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. :hug: Wowser...what a veggie wonderland you had a Easter. You're right , that is PROGRESS. Great job on your exercise goal!! :carrot::carrot:

Dkblue - I always love reading your plan. :) It give me ideas!!

Math - I've heard about the "Thin" show you're referring too. I haven't seen it, but, the man was on the Ellen show talking about it one day. He showed some "diversion" tactics to use when you want to binge...tapping under your eye, then you collar bone, then your hand in two place and rolling your eyes. It seemed strange...but, why not. If it works...GOOD! The things he says are very sensible - eating slowly, only eating when hungry, etc. I am so glad to hear you had a good food day.:D

Purple - I am so, so sorry to hear about your hubby's job concerns. :hug: I hope DH does what is best. I'll be thinking of you. This is tough. I am SO glad you've been able to maintain your wl. :):) This is a HUGE sucess. Hang in there, friend.

Everyone...hope all is well.

Darkblue
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
B--steel-cut oats with cinnamon, one tbs brown sugar, raisins
hot black tea
pomegranate juice
one piece 35/cal bacon
skim milk

L--Healthy Choice microwave meal with turkey, cranberries, peaches,
sweet potatos, and green beans/carrots
one cara cara orange

D--small piece of ham, steamed cauliflower, green peas, diced canned tomatos, iced tea

Bed--green tea with 1/2 tsp honey

~1480 k/cal :) , 24 g fiber :smug:

Needed to exercise and to drink more water. :( I had a hard time sticking to plan today, but did it. I really think my RA will improve if I can just lose some serious weight, and that is what I keep focusing on.

You all are the best! Thanks so much for the encouragement and menu ideas!

Mathpuppy--I need to try that idea of just putting down the fork again--thanks for the reminder.

Purplefirefly--the job situation sounds very stressful :( Will be keeping your family in thoughts!

Schmoodle--wow! 1000 minutes of exercise! I'm impressed! :carrot:

patchymama
03-26-2008, 03:23 AM
Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! I am glad its over! I hate all the candy that my inlaws seem to feel is a necessary part of Easter. It throws the whole family into a loop, I had to throw it all out today because my kids were just bananas because of it.

Last week was an ok week, tho I weighed in this morning down 3.5 lbs! Thats encouraging, tho I wonder what my loss would have been if I had managed to be more diligant about staying on program every day!

Ah well, time to move on and continue right? I am now 3.5 less than I was so I need to keep that momentum!

Plan for tomorrow:
B - Banana and Honey Nut Cheerios
Snack - Sliced Apples and yogurt
Lunch - Salad with chicken and veggies (LOVE my salad spritzers)
Dinner - Baked chicken and steamed potatos

As a side note ,my legs are still kind of achey from that Walk Slim video LOL! I need to break it out again tomorrow!

Beverlyjoy
03-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Good Morning Chicks- Well, I stayed on my plan until bedtime :) , & I couldn't fall asleep. I got up from bed and ate nearly 800 calories of unplanned things. :dizzy: I think it's frustration with aches and pains and medical frustrations. I need to be willing to push thru the frustsrations and anxiety. I'll start fresh today. :)

Today:
PT
Storytelling in the morning
Ice/heat
Journal food
stretches
work on taxes
PMA - positive mental attitude (tough one,today)

breakfast - kashi waffle with pnb, egg white scramble, cantelope
lunch - wrap with beans, lite cheese, salsa, aspargus
snack - yogurt, blueberries
dinner - french toast, sfsyrup, turkey sauasage, steamed carrots
snack - cereal, skim milk, fruit

Patchy - wonderful about your weight loss. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I know that feels good. YAY Glad the candy's out of the house. :) That helps. Good plan.

Dark blue - great plan. :) I am so happy for you that you were able to push thru and stick with your plan. :)Keep your eyes on the prize - you're doing well. Keep it up.

Have a great day friend - remember to treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.:hug:

GirlyGirlSebas
03-26-2008, 08:03 AM

I’m here and actually back on-plan today. It’s been quite a struggle to get my head back in the game this time. A big part of the reason is that I’m exhausted! This insomnia is getting the best of me. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I have a very full day of work ahead of me. But, I’m giving it 100% effort today and I’m determined to get back on track. I remembered to set-up the crockpot last night and I have a fresh batch of steelcut oatmeal for breakfast this morning. I’ve found that my morning oatmeal seems to get me started off on the right track and I have an easier time of it throughout that day. Let’s hear it for oatmeal! :cheer:

Beverly – I’m sorry to hear that you had a rough night last night. Its great to hear that you’re getting a fresh start today. We all need fresh starts sometimes.

Patchy – Congratulations on your 3 ½ pound loss! :carrot:

Darkblue – I’m so sorry to hear that you RA is kicking back up again. Have you noticed if it eases up when you’re eating whole foods? I hope you find relief soon.

MJ – Have fun with the strength training! I’m planning on bringing out the resistance bands today. Looks like we’ll be some sore ladies tomorrow!:)

Momma – how are you muscles today?

Schmoodle – Congratulations on making through day 1! How was day 2?

Purple – I’m terribly sorry to hear about the finance and job struggles that you and your husband are facing. These times are tough! Keep your head up. I’m proud of you for making a commitment to exercise each day. The exercise will give you an outlet that you need right now. Hope everything gets figured out soon.

Math – Glad to hear that the Making You Thin guy is helping you. At first, I thought he must be another one of those “get rich off the fatties” people. But, it sounds like you and others are getting some good information from his show.

I better get to work. It will take 100% of my concentration to meet my work commitments for the day. Maybe I can work in a nap later this afternoon…we’ll see.

scoobie74
03-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Last night I took my son out for a mile and a half walk! It felt so good! The last half mile we walked really fast because he was ready to go home and eat. It sounds like it is suppose to be almost 60 today so we will go for another walk. I am shooting for two miles today! :)

Schmoodle
03-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Beverly, today is always a fresh start!
scoobie, walking is the best! Especially in the spring when the weather starts to get nice, it feels so great to get out.
Rhonda, hope you have a very productive day today and a great night's sleep tonight!
good job on throwing out the candy patchy. That's what I need to do when the kids aren't looking.

Day 2 was good thanks! So far this is the cleanest Ph1 I've ever done. Just what I needed, I am feeling very motivated right now.
Kids are back to school today, so we have a very depressed household this morning. I'd better go help DH get them out the door, I'll be back to post my plan in a bit. Hope you are all getting a great start to your day!

B: Chocolate cheesecake smoothie, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: Roasted asparagus and goddess dressing, V8
L: White Bean and sausage soup with roasted veggies, sugar free jello
S: Latte, celery with peanut butter
D: Hot dog salad over shredded cabbage
S: Black Bean Brownie

Purplefirefly
03-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Morning everyone! A good effect of my sudden stress is that I exercised every possible moment yesterday, feel no need to eat let alone binge, and it seems I am doing better than when life was happy just a week ago :lol: Hubby is scaring me, he is talking about trucking as a whole industry dying here...I guess 4 companies are closing doors on Friday, including one of the biggest companies in our country! Most of the smaller companies are struggling or already out of business. This is really scary for us because think about it...when you walk in the store and see all that stuff around you, it all got there by a truck, if there are no trucks there is nothing in the stores (very little comes locally anymore). I am really scared for our economy! There is some big truckers strike supposed to happen soon, they are all just going to stop on the highways and refuse to go. I really hope they do, because our prices are about to skyrocket in the stores, the less trucking companies the more expensive it will be to move anything around, okay :tied: I'll hush, but a lot of stuff I am hearing from hubby has me really scared.

But, I think I got through to him that he can't stay with this company, we cannot afford it. We'll see what happens. They actually gave him two runs this week instead of one, when he used to get like 3, his miles have more than dropped in half! All the drivers are quitting, office staff can only work until noon and have to leave, and so many companies are closing down every week, so scary.

mj5
03-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone! I just started to get the old "maybe I won't go to the gym today" feeling and I thought I would pop in and post instead! I AM going to the gym and and I AM re-starting my weight training routine--tonight is legs and back w/ a little cardio. I did a walk slim 2 mile walk this am.

gotta run...I'll be back later to let you know that I did follow through!

Purplefirefly
03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, off to the gym with you mj...good choice :yay:

I just want to throw a big ol' :tantrum: right now, but I want to do it on hubby's head! His mama turned in his application for a job where she knows the owner yesterday...they call today wanting to take him to Georgia tomorrow to sign all the paperwork and start working ASAP...they only haul produce and are still going strong, and he says he doesn't know if he wants to take it :?:WTF :?: His mama owns a truck, which is a piece of crab and has been broken down for a month now, and he says he was going to wait until her hubby fixes it (another 2 months he says that will be) and then drive that truck. IS HE OUTTA HIS MIND? Sticking around a dying company making nothing, just to drive a crappy truck that will no doubt break down again and leave him out of work completely....I know he's intelligent, but he's not using that brain right now. I stayed calm and tried to be the voice of reason, nicely helping him along. He did call the woman back and tell her he'd call her when he gets back in because he's still out, so he's not ruling it out. He just keeps saying "I don't know what to do." This produce company has a hiring freeze, he is only getting in because his mama's boss is brother to the produce company boss...so he had BETTER take this while it is open to him. I hope he comes to his senses, I am about fed up with him at this point.

Okay **deep breath** I feel better now :D sorry guys, you don't have to read all that.

I know I've been in and out lately...but I don't see anything from Rakel or Sara? Hope you're okay girls.

bigtxmomma
03-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm having a cruddy horrible day. My grandma may or may not be on her death bed. My mom called Sat to say that Gma was in the hospital with a cold, which is pretty standard. (My gma's been bedridden for the past two years, pretty much, and she hasn't been able to recognize anyone for about a year now. We've lost her already, really.) Then my dad called later that afternoon saying very seriously, "Has your mom called you?" And then I freaked out because my family is notorious for withholding information AND being in serious denial about situations. My mom never wants to worry us. And then my mom tells me it's pneumonia, but "just" a viral thing. And then this morning I learned it's not really "just" pneumonia -- it's pneumonia that's started from an infection because my grandma can no longer swallow foods so it gets into her lungs and causes infections. !!! The doctor suggested a feeding tube, but my mom said no, never. So god only knows what's going to happen in the next day or two.

Ugh, it's awful. It's frightening that my grandma has lived so long barely here, anyway. But it's gonna be so hard when she dies. I've been like breaking down all day. My mom is going to go nuts after Grandma (her mom) dies, so I'm worried about that, too.

I've eaten terribly today. I freakin' ate peanut butter for lunch. I struggled through 2 miles WATP. Meh. I'm not having an overwhelming urge to overeat my sorrows away, so I guess that's good. But I don't want to do anything except go to bed.

Purple, I'm so sorry about your husband. =/ I'd be doing the same hissfit you're doing if I were in your shoes. Yea, he really should take the job that is the sure thing. He has his family to look after. I was reading in Forbes about all the problems the major trucking companies are having. I hope the strike works out and lowers the price of diesel. Because you're right -- the ramifications EVERYWHERE will be huge.:hug: :hug:

mj5
03-26-2008, 06:21 PM
txmomma--I am so sorry to hear about your gm. Sending big hugs to you and your family! Ok, so you had pb for lunch. The sky is not going to fall. You can get through this, I know you can!

Purple--How you holding up? I totally agree w/ txmomma....I would be throwing the biggest fit ever. Loyalty is one thing, taking care of your family is another! I hope things work out soon!

Ok, so I went to the gym and completed my planned workout! YEA! There was this lady there who kept trying to talk to me...hello? Headphones....I'm not listening to you! I was trying not to be rude, but at the same time, I am trying to get back into the groove of the gym being 'my time' and she wasn't letting me do that! Luckily I moved to a different part of the gym to do some other stuff and she didn't follow.

Hope everyone has a good night! I need to make a grocery list and get dinner started!

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I hope you guys don't mind me jumping in .... I've only just found this thread... (How did I miss it!) ... and I could really use some accountability right now, but I'm not sure where to start.

I've been doing really well since the New Year. I started on Jan 1st at 210.8 and today I was down to 194.6... and I'm really happy with that. But I had a week off when my Dad was over from the UK and we went on Vacation. I made mostly good choices, but I wasn't logging and I totally broke my habit. I'd gotten into the habit of logging EVERYTHING... and now I'm really struggling to log anything. Yesterday was great. Today started okay and started to slide.

I am exercising. I ran 20 minutes again today and I did Karate yesterday for an hour... (which was destructively hard).... and I am going to Karate again tonight to help at the Women's Open Self Defense Class. I'm really happy that I'm exercising... I think that's keeping me from a) gaining and b) falling off the wagon completely.... but I need to get myself back into a position of logging EVERYTHING so..... after all that... mind if I join you all??? :D

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Bigtx .... I'm soooo sorry to hear about your Grandmother.... *huge hugs* from me. My Grandfather was like that too... and it was very sad... I was torn between wanting to keep him forever and wanting him to have peace :( It's sooo hard.

mj5
03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
purple--Somehow I missed your post from before, OMG! Want me to come over and do that to dh? I hope he will come to his senses!!!!

Kerry--Welcome! Of course you can join us!

Can you tell I am avoiding finishing my grocery list.....

Darkblue
03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Patchy--3.5 pounds rocks! Way to go! :carrot:

Beverly--hang in there--you are stronger than the frustrations, aches and pains. :hug: The best thing about tomorrow is the chance of a new, fresh start.

GirlyGirl--insomnia sux, and just saps your energy all day long. I hope it goes away soon. Good luck with getting back on track tomorrow--you can do it!

Schmoodle--chocolate cheesecake smoothies sound decadent! How do you make them? Pllllleeeeeease tell me they are low-fat!

Purple--do you think your DH is just afraid of change? If he's been with this one company for so long, could it be that he is worried about fitting in somewhere else, having to learn new rules/procedures?

bigtexmomma--I'm so sorry about your grandmother, and your mother. Don't worry about being off-plan today--sometimes you have to take care of yourself how you need to. Just be strong and get back on plan tomorrow.

Bah, not enough fruits/veggies for me today, and a bit over plan.

Breakfast--
Hot tea, 2 cups
Tangerine Juice
Cinnamon/Raisin bread
Eggs
Cheddar, 1 tbs sprinkled over eggs
Skim milk
Butter, tsp, for cooking eggs

Lunch--
4 Baked Lays potato chips
low-fat string cheese
whole wheat tortilla
ham, deli thin--6 slices (only 50 cal)
mayo, lowfat, 1 tbs
cara cara orange

Dinner--
chicken breast, chopped broccoli, cheese
corn on cob, 1/2 cob
canned green beans 1/2 C

cookie

~1650 k/cal :( 17G fiber :( *sighs*

I shouldn't have had the cookie, but it was offered to me by a child as part of a celebration. I didn't want to hurt feelings, so I took it...and then once it was in my hand I could smell it...and I ate it. I know it's just a cookie, but sheesh, where is my willpower? And it didn't even taste that great--commercial, greasy. Bleh.

math puppy
03-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Hey gang, today was awesome. But I yesterday, not as good. I busted the calorie bank yesterday, and I didn’t check in. not because I didn’t want to, I was just so busy yesterday. But I had to tell you all, because you are my accountability group! (I ate out and didn’t stop where I should of, but at least there where left overs anyways)

Today I went to kung fu class, it was a special 2 hour class and before that me and my partner when for a long walk on alki beach. It was so cooooold!! But we persevered. (it snowed a bit later)

Ugh I gotta get to bed, I have to get up extra early! i also have to go the gym tomorrow! Ill let you know if I went when I check in tomorrow. Have a good day!

Bevjoy- im so excited for you to get to onederland! 2lbs is great. Good luck with grazing, and the aches and pains!

Purple- I am experiencing financial stress as well. Good luck to you, I know it can be stressful, and for me, it is too easy to pile on the pounds when im stressed. Take care of your self and make sure to do something relaxing for yourself! I know its hard to relax, so I don’t blame you if you cant, but doing something nice for yourself in the face of something really stressful can make a really big difference. The slowdown trick must be harder with kids cause they have all that energy and it rubs off on you! Rant whenever you need! That’s what we are here for!

Schmoodle-good job getting the candy out of you sight. Outta sight, outta mind. At least for me. Now you need to do the same thing with the caramels! Btw what is a “Ph1”?

Bigtxmomma- doggies dressed up like Madonna… the achy hunger. yea its just like that! I always thought it was the body wondering why it hasn’t had enough calories to maintain its current weight. So it sending signals to the brain to eat. But it IS a weird hunger. not mouth or empty stomach. …. I know, it’s the “im losing weight in a healthy way” hunger! I just read todays post, im so sorry about grandma. That’s so hard, ill keep you in my thoughts and hopfully you will feel the love from Seattle.

Mj- lol “hello? Headphones” you’re funny. Maybe she saw you working it hard core, and wanted to know what your secret was to such sweet gym moves.

Darkblue- sweets form kids are hard to resist. Sometimes if they are young enough you can take a pretend bite. Then give it back

Patchymama- how old are your kids? Wow! 3.5 lbs! whoo hoo! Keep it up!

Girlygirlsebas-oh no insomnia! At least oatmeal will always be there for you. I laughed out loud when you said “get rich off the fatties”. I think I just like the word “fatties” good luck falling asleep.

Scoobie- great job getting out there and walking! It feels so good don’t it?

Mamatotomandalex- welcome! You do karate!! Yay! I do kungfu!! We should talk. Hee hee

GirlyGirlSebas
03-27-2008, 07:45 AM

I made it through on-plan day 1. My tiredness did make me start craving some sugary carbs yesterday afternoon, but I managed to pull through without throwing in the towel once again. No exercise yet. I’m not making excuses, but I’ve just been too exhausted to seriously consider exercise. Speaking of which, I got some great sleep last night....could have slept for a few more hours, but I have to get the kiddos off to school. Lucky Daddy…snoring away!

Momma – I’m so sorry to hear about Grandma.:hug:
Scoobie – Were you able to walk again yesterday?
Schmoodle – Congrats on making it through day 2 of phase 1. You sound like you’re feeling pretty good. No flu-like symptoms of withdrawal?
Purple – I’m sorry to hear that Hubby is having a difficult time making a good decision. Is there a man in his life that can help him talk this through? Sometimes, our mates don’t really hear us when we’re disagreeing with them…kinda like the adults in Charlie Brown. Maybe talking with another man will help him deal with the male pride issue. Know what I mean?
MJ – Yay for you! So glad you find your motivation to get back into the gym.
Kerry – Welcome! So glad you decided to come post with us.
Darkblue – A cookie from a child to celebrate? Yeah, I’d have eaten it too.
Math – my youngest (8) keeps telling me that she wants to take karate and I can’t find any karate places around me. I’m thinking that she just might be more interested in wearing the cute little white outfit and learning some cool moves.:D

A couple of my neighborhood ladies have started walking in the evening and have invited me to join them. My only problem is that they walk during a very busy time for me….5:30ish, but Hubby is encouraging me to do it. I guess he’s okay with assuming 100% responsibility for taking care of the kiddos for their evening regimen. I’m not sure how fast these ladies walk, but the workout would probably be a pretty good one with the hills in our neighborhood. I’m waffling here….part of me is very self conscious about being the fat one who can’t keep up or gets out of breath.

Beverlyjoy
03-27-2008, 08:15 AM
The past two days have been so, so difficult. Tuesday I overate in the evening. Yesterday, I didn't follow my plan at all, revising it as the day went on and ultimately overeating again last night. I hate this feeling - of the food being able to creep back into my life with me unable (or maybe willing) to push thru the feelings and urges to stick food in my mouth.

I know that it has to do with feeling physically bad. PT is going very slow - but some progress - but, my foot has not healed from the injury of wearing the new brace. I have many aches and pains. I know that alot of people live with this too. I am not the only one. Just once in a while - it all seems overwhelming.

Next week is my yearly check up. My weight is down, my BP is good, I think my labs will improve. Yet - I still feel crappy.

I am sorry to vent. I just needed to. I don't want anything to set up a roadblock to my ability to have a sane relationship with food. I'll make my plan and try again today.

today:
meditation
ice/heat
stretches
journal food
PMA - I'll try!

breakfast - cottage cheese with sliced banana, pnb toast
lunch - turkey and lite cheese wrap with roasted red pepper, green beans
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey bacon, sf syrup
dinner - cherrios, fruit, skim milk

Have a great day. I'll be back for personals when I can.

Schmoodle
03-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Good morning chicks, sounds like some of us are in need of some serious huggage, so I came prepared!:hug:

Oh, Rhonda, you should try the walking! If it doesn't work out, you can always just tell them it isn't working for you, but you might really like it! Oddly, no Ph1 flu to be seen. I don't usually get it too badly, but I have been known to have a headache and be somewhat cranky. Maybe it will hit today, but usually I think it has arrived by now.
mathpuppy, I do South Beach, and Phase I is a two week phase during which you basically cut out all fruit and grains/starches. The purpose is to get rid of all high glycemic foods, break the high/low blood sugar cycle, and get rid of cravings for sweets. Then you add back the fruits and whole grains. I had been slipping and eating sweets lately and starting to crave them again, so I thought I needed a re-visit to Phase I to get back on track.
darkblue, it's tough when babies are pushing stuff on you and you don't want to say "no". The chocolate cheesecake smoothie is lowfat! And high protein. And easy! It's 1/4 cup lowfat or nonfat cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup lowfat or skim milk, 1 packet NSA hot chocolate mix, and 5 ice cubes blended together. When I first read the recipe, I didn't think it sounded very good, but it really does taste kind of cheesecakey. On SB Ph1, we eat a lot of eggs, so I like to have this when I can't face any more eggs in the morning.
Hi Mama, karate sounds fun! Maybe I should try it sometime! Sounds like you are doing great.
mj, great job on getting to the gym. Hee, it's like on an airplane, when you just want to read your book, and your neighbor won't shut up...
bigtx, so sorry about your grandma. :hug: Tough times sometimes call for peanut butter, it's okay. How is she doing today? :hug:
purple, what a stressful time for your family! I keep hearing all the bad things about the economy on TV and the radio, but now I am starting to hear that it is directly affecting people's lives and that's scary! :hug:
Beverly, I am sorry you're having a bad time. I know you will lift yourself up and carry on. You have been doing so well, and this is just a blip. Today will be a good day! I will be thinking about you today and sending positive energy your way.

Accountability time. I had a great on-plan day yesterday until I found myself eating two twizzlers in the afternoon. I'm disappointed in myself, but really in the grand scheme of things, two twizzlers isn't the end of the world. I was back on plan the rest of the day. But no sticker for me for yesterday. :(Okay, almost time to walk the kids to school, so I'm going to go get dressed, and then figure out what I'm eating today. Back in a bit!

Today:
B: Hardboiled egg, chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk
S: Tomato juice, raw carrots
L: Beef stew, butternut squash, sugar free jello
S: latte, peanut butter with celery
D: Parmesan crusted chicken breasts, roasted asparagus
S: Greek yogurt with slivered almonds

Diva
03-27-2008, 08:22 AM

A couple of my neighborhood ladies have started walking in the evening and have invited me to join them. My only problem is that they walk during a very busy time for meÖ.5:30ish, but Hubby is encouraging me to do it. I guess heís okay with assuming 100% responsibility for taking care of the kiddos for their evening regimen. Iím not sure how fast these ladies walk, but the workout would probably be a pretty good one with the hills in our neighborhood. Iím waffling hereÖ.part of me is very self conscious about being the fat one who canít keep up or gets out of breath.

I think anytime we can get the hubby's to assume our responsibilities is a good thing. 1. it gives you time to focus on yourself. 2. It will make him appreciate you all the more when he realizes all you do for the family. ;)

scoobie74
03-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Good morning all! bigtx -- sorry about your grandma. We went through something similar with my grandma in 2000.
My son and I made it out for a 2 mile walk last night. It felt so good! My legs were some what sore during the night, but it is well worth it!! I know that I can do this! I am still working on adding running into it. I am thinking about tonight getting the courage up and doing it. I plan to jog 1 block and then walk 2 blocks and see of how this goes. It is only suppose to be 50 today , but it will still be nice enough for a walk!
My goal this weekend is to get to the closet that I have my extra running shoes in and get them out!
I hope you all have a great day!

Purplefirefly
03-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Hubby's check hit the bank today and it was much larger than expected, there is no way they only paid him for the few miles he ran last week. We think the boss got wind he might quit and threw him some extra change..but it's not quite what he normally brings home, but it still helps get the mortgage paid (our big worry right now, he's making enough to cover the small bills, but our mortgage suddenly seems too high :stress: ) He is officially scared of change...he blurted out last night on the phone "I jus thate this, I hate change! I don't know what to do." Now this unusually bigger paycheck is going to make it even harder, and he's actually been out all week and will get a normal check next week...so is it picking back up and he'll be okay to stay, or is the boss man just sliding extra loads his way to change his mind? I told him to call the other drivers and see how many of them are out this week...the past few weeks most trucks have been sitting on the yard when he leaves out and comes back, so if it is truly picking up then they will be out as well, not sitting home. I don't know what he should do, i am confused now as well. What do you all think? Hang around in hopes it is picking up, or take this other job? I think he is afraid that it will be the wrong move, or the new place will be worse in some way.

Rhonda--Don't let your weight stop you from doing something that can improve your weight...how silly would that be? ;) Hubby is completely capable of dealing with the kids...he might not do it exactly as you would, but he'll get it done, and you'll get a nice walk and some womanly conversation and come home pumped! You HAVE to try it at least once, it might just be the boost or the :kickbutt: you need right now! It's better than hitting the treadmill, and you'll have the ladies to make you get out and do it...go for it!

Schmoodle--I know it was off plan, but two twizzlers will not set you back at all. You got the smack on the hand by not getting a star, so move on! If that's your only slip for the day you are doing awesome.

:hug: Beverly :hug: You are so inspiring to me, and if I ever end up in a painful situation I hope I can handle it with half the grace and patience you do. I am so sad to hear you going through it.

MamaTo--Under 200 :woohoo: not sure I ever welcomed you, but welcome!

bigtxmomma
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Hello, beautiful ladies! Thank you all for your words about my grandma. I really appreciate it. :hug: I'm feeling better today. No one's checked in on me about how she's doing, so I'll take that as a good sign. =/ Usually my sisters are spamming emails.

I had a good night last night. DH came home early yesterday because he knew I was freaking out, and he wanted to help me get my mind off my gma, so we went to the mall because I need some new shirts. I felt good because I've definitely gone down a couple sizes, and I'm smaller than my last weight loss attempt, which was a year ago. With some of the shirts, the 22/24 was too big, but I was too scared to try an 18/20. But I am smaller up top. I didn't try any pants, because I'll just wear a belt with my old ones. I usually need bigger pants because I'm rectangular, meaning my waist is the same size as my thighs, which means I need larger waisted pants but then the thighs gape out monstrously.

I watched an episode of Paul McKenna dealing with cravings. It's really a nutty show. Next time I have a craving, I'll start tapping my face the way he suggests. lol

I like the tactics for slowing down your eating. I'm such an unconscious food shoveler. The other night we went to the salad place for dinner, and usually I'll eat two big plates of salad, but I did the thing where you put your fork down after every bite, and I seriously was full halfway through the first plate. It's a good tactic, I think.

Today I will eat better. DD & I need to go shopping. We are out of raw eggs, but we have a plethora of hardboiled & dyed Easter eggs.

I hate being down. I haven't worked at all on my quilt. =/ My inspiration is totally gone for some reason. I feel like a manic depressive. I do go through creative bursts. It's also hard because my downtime during her nap is spent exercising now, and I can't work on the quilt with DD around because I get really distracted by her, and then when she goes to bed I'm tired and can't focus on doing it.

Wow I'm gonna shut up. I've written a book. Gonna do personals.

Purplefirefly
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
txmomma--that kind of stress will zap your motivation...give yourself time to see what happens and work through this, see what happens, etc. Do your best :hug: Oh, and what does this salad place do that makes them unhealthy? I always thought a lot of salad is better than pizza or something :lol:

We found out now hubby's boss did slide him some extra $$ this week because he heard about the other job offer. Now hubby won't be home until Saturday sometime because they are sending him back out again...so this is busier than normal even, and he is thinking it might be okay to stay. I seriously don't know what to do! He said all the other trucks are out this week, no one sitting home, and they even have extra loads their drivers can't cover, since some quit already. he thinks it was just a down time, like they always have, but never this long. :shrug: I am no help to him, I am completely confused on what is going on. And he says he doubts the strike is giong to happen, it has been going around about every year and it never comes about.

I am taking the kids to the park today since it's such a beautiful, warm day :) I'm going to play with them some and walk some laps around the play area, it has a nice field around it. There are sure to be plenty kids there to entertain them while I get that done.

mj5
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone! I am totally swamped at work today (story of my life, huh?!), but wanted to pop in and say hi!

I did a 2 mile Walk Slim dvd this am...it was really tough as my body is sore from the weight workout last night! It's all good, though, it's that good kind of sore!!!

I am not going to the gym tonight--too much to do after work.

I'll catch up w/ everyone as soon as I can!

mj5
03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi again!

ok, my last meeting was just cancelled, YEA! So I am going to try to do some p's....

Beverlyjoy--How are you holding up? Please do not apologize for venting--we all need to do it. Hang in there w/ the pt (do I sound like a broken record yet?!). I know for me, it would be two steps forward and one (or sometimes three) back....it can seem like painfully slow progress, but any progress IS progress!

Purple--YIKES! I don't know....I hope the time at the park helped you clear your head!

txmomma--Yea on new clothes! I really hope your gm is doing better. I totally missed that show last night...ugh! I need to set the dvr so it just automatically records!

Rhonda--Go out and walk! Even if you can't every night, what a great way to 'mix up' your exercise routine. How is the insomnia?

Dark Blue--Hang in there, one cookie will not take away all of your hard work! It is so hard to say no...I finally have my staff 'trained'...they either don't offer or they say "I know you'll say no, but..."--of course it's much easier to do that w/ adults!

Math Puppy--Yea for a good day. Wow, lots of exercise yesterday! Great job! Too funny....yea, my awesome skills...no, I think she was just bored--she was trying to talk to everyone...

Schmoodle--Good for you for getting right back on plan!

Ok, I am officially drawing a blank.....if I missed anyone, I apologize. I am off to the grocery store.

Have a great night!

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-27-2008, 04:37 PM
After posting yesterday about joining you guys, I haven't actually managed to get online again until now. Argh!

So,.... I had Karate last night with the self defense and again at lunch time today. I'm in so much pain right now.... :lol: ... karate and running and my lower legs have taken a pounding this week. I'm going to give myself a break until Sunday or Monday I think... perhaps do some upper body stuff with my resistance band tomorrow. :D ...

As for eating. Not bad and not good. I had two and a half English Muffins this morning at McDonald's. I was intending on having one and a half, then I ended up eating most of my two year olds too. Then I had Subway Turkey Sub on Wheat for lunch which was great. I love that place :) .... and now I'm craving fish and chips.... ARGH! Soooo not good. I think I'm actually going to run to the store and pick up some Fresh Crab Cakes and some Oven Chips. I have to eat Fish and Chips or the craving will just intensify... so I figure I might as well do a healthy version, right???? I'm also going to try the Paul McKenna thing of putting down my fork between bites and savouring every bite in an attempt to control my portions. :) Fingers crossed!!

Purple.... I'd be climbing the walls if I were you. :) I hate more than anything sitting around waiting for someone else to make a decision that will ultimately affect MY life. *hugs* ... I'm thinking of you and I hope whatever decision he makes turns out to be the right one. :)

mj .... I totally hear you on that GOOD pain. :) :yay: for exercise!!!!! ;)

Bigtx .... I have been reading Paul McKenna's stuff (see up!) ... and I've found that his tricks for eating slower really do help with me not guzzling everything in sight. :) Let me know if it keeps working for you... oh.. and if you ever decide to get his book... don't buy it in the US. I looked on Amazon and it was $58. What the heck!? I went to Amazon.co.uk and it's just under six pounds... which is $12.00 ... with $10.00 shipping to the US... so I ordered from them. It's nuts. Bleh!

Diva and Rhonda .... I think anytime we can get the hubby's to assume our responsibilities is a good thing. Are you kidding me??? The second my husband offers to watch the kids for a while, I'm out that door so fast I leave skid marks, just in case he thinks he can change his mind! .... hahaha! :lol: .... Normally I head to Target for coffee, but exercise is good too ;)

Hehe

Beverlyjoy
03-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi friends....thanks to you all for your support and kindness offered as I vented about my bad days and health stuff. I appreciate your support alot.:)

Rhonda -So glad to hear you've been on plan. :DThat's wonderful yay! I hope you can get past your insomnia...that's rough. I am going to have to try steal cut oats. You and so many folks rave about them. I'll put them on my list! I LOVE the idea of the walking with the neighborhood ladies. Go girl- whenever you can. :D This sounds great.

Scoobie - Hi and welcome! Great job on your walk. :D

Schmoodle - So glad to hear you made it through day 2. :) That bean and sausage soup sounds so good. Have you posted that recipe? Don't worry about the twizzlers....bump in the road. Carry on!:D

Purple - So sorry to hear about all the stress you are having now. :hug: The extra exercise will help you get thru it. I was surpised to hear that there's a downturn in the trucking industry. I thought it was the one thing that can't be out-sourced. (But, what do I really know about it...) I am so, so glad to hear that you all got the extra $ and your DH boss realizes how important your hubby is. :D:D However, it's hard when you are dealing with someone who doesn't do well with change.

Mj5 - Wieght training and cardio.....GREAT - plus a 2 mile walk. :D:D You are smokin'''. Thanks for this reminder. I will take your advice and try and be patient about my PT.

Bgtxmamma- so, so sorry about your Grandma. :hug: I am sending love to you and your family. Do the best you can.

MomtoT/A - :) Welcome!! :) Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. Terrific!. Great job on your exercise too. Karate sounds like fun.

Dark blue - boy, it's hard not to eat a cookie when it's in your hand from a little one. yikes.... Just carry on. You will be ok. You always have a good plan:D.

Thanks again folks, for caring. :hug:

math puppy
03-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello, stayed on plan today or maybe I should say yesterday…, that makes 2days in a row! I didn’t make it to the gym because I went to kung fu again instead. It was fun.
I also wrote down some stuff in the back of my food journal (that I take everywhere with me) that I hope will keep me on track. I wrote down the benefits to staying on plan such as “a normal towel will wrap around me, knees wont hurt anymore, can shop at normal people clothing section, look hott!!, ect”. I’m hoping that during moments of temptation, I can just flip my book open and meditate for a second on why I’m doing this and how it will be all worth it later. Eyes on the prize baby, eyes on the prize :D

Girlygirlsebas- cool karate moves is what it is all about! :lol: hey, good job on day one, glad your getting some well earned sleep. I totally understand that whole fear about being the fat one that cant keep up. It’s not a fun position to be in, but it might be worth it asking what the pace is. You could end up with some exercise accountability buddies! Diva couldn’t of said it better!

Bevjoy- oh we all know that feeling! The important thing is you’re making a new plan and trying again. The binging will NOT get the better of you in the long run, because I know that it takes real willpower to lose 66 lbs. vent away!

Schmoodle- lifes a journey not a destination! Better luck tomorrow hon. Im rooting for you! Thanx for clearing up what ph1 meant.

Diva- you couldn’t of said it better!

Scoobie- great job! Having the running shoes out will be a good visual reminder

Purplefirefly- woah what a curve ball! I know that im scared of change too. My partner wants me to finish school, so I can bring home a bigger check and take some of the pressure off of her. Especial since we are having a kid soon. But I just don’t know how to manage putting it all together. Cause I don’t like change :P it sounds like he has a boss who is actually invested in his well being. So that makes him feel valuable, and in return loyal. Sigh, its so hard to know what to do in the situation. In cases like this, I just ask straight up questions. Example “how long do you think this shortage on runs will be? As a senior employee will I get the benefit of getting the larger amounts of runs, for how long?” or to the possible employer “The current job I have now isn’t giving me enough work so I was wondering what the average working day is here? “ ect. My prayers are with you.

math puppy
03-28-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey gang I think im on crack, I somehow missed page 4 so forgive me if my personals are not in response to the current post :p

oh and i forgot to mention, i hopped on the scale and im down 3lbs! ( i havent checked in a while!) exciting! i can wait to take my next progress picture at 250. then i can post the 10 lb diffrence( i didnt take a pic at 270) fun fun fun. ;)

Here are personals for those I missed, ill go back and read the rest as well.

Bigtxmomma-omg I have the same problem with pants! Are you really goin to try tapping your face? Lol, I haven’t seen that part/episode (im having trouble figuring out if it’s a like a show or a special with just one episode :lol: ) but I figure if it works, no matter how nutty it is, then it is worth it. Cause I already tried all the normal things, and a lot of them didn’t pan out so well! Ha ha. It seems like you are doing pretty good for yourself dispite feeling down, you have been trying the tactics you leaned on the paul mckenna show and have found they work for you. You have excersise time seemingly everyday. You’ve lost 42 lbs. you are doing great. Cheer up kiddo. You are amazing. Youll feel it again in no time!

Mj- good job mj, I think its awesome that you do the dvd’s AND go to the gym most days. Ha ha I laughed out loud when I read about how she was just board and talking to everone.

Mamatotomandalex- yay for putting the fork down! Don’t feel bad about only getting a chance to check in once a day… I pretty much only check in at the end of my day. Life is busy!

Purplefirefly
03-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Math--loads are given out on Friday by a seniority list, and he is #2. This week all the trucks were back to working, actually he left out Sunday and I have not seen him this week, he'll be back late tomorrow night, so they are actually busier than usual this week. Problem is, knowing whether that is goign to last. His boss is not the kind you can get a straight answer from. He's not your typical boss :lol: I'll just say that much.

I went over calories yesterday because I had an extremely active day and was genuinely starving to death! But, then that turned into a binge and I HATE that I let that happen. I was so worried for so long, then suddenly we paid the mortgage and I went to the grocery store and I guess the happiness of at least momentarily being out of that panic mode brought on the emotional binge. I am hoping all the extra activity yesterday will eat most of that up :(

Beverlyjoy
03-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Friends....well, I made it thru yesterday. I had an on plan day :) - with about 1450 calories. I am so grateful. Thanks to you all for your support and caring...it really helped me get thru it. :D

Tonight we are going out for dinner with my Mom and Aunt to a Greek Restaurant. Should be fun.:)

Today-
PT
journal food - calories, fat, sat fat, cholesterol, carbs
stretches
meditation
lots of water
PMA - positive mental attitude

Breakfast - grits with 2% cheese, blueberries
lunch - ff cottage cheese, crackers, veggies
snack - yogurt, flax, apple
dinner - out - salmon, veggie, rice
snack - cereal, skim milk, fruit

Math - hoooray for you and your weight loss. :carrot: :carrot: That's wonderful!!! And staying with your plan. :) That's great. When is the baby coming to you and your partner? That's so exciting. :)

Everyone - have a GREAT day. Also treat YOURSELF as well as you'd treat a friend. :)

scoobie74
03-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Last night, I did not get to go on my walk. The warmest part of the day happened right after I got to work and the temps just kept falling all day. By the time I got home it was only about 36 out and way too cold to take my son for a walk. I told my fiance that we really need to make room in the house for my treadmill or get the rebounder soon. Today is suppose to be almost 50 so hopefully we will make it out tonight.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 08:24 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends! And, TGIF!

Guess who slept well last night? Yep, me! I worked for 13 hours yesterday to get by project completed on time. I guess the pressure was off and the sleep kicked in. As Beverly says, I’m grateful!

Schmoodle – Did you get a sticker for yesterday? Sorry to hear that the Twizzlers ambushed you.
Momma – Congratulations on moving into smaller tops!
MJ – I hope today is a quieter work day for you. I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’ll have a nice relaxing day, too. After yesterday, I think we both deserve it.
Kerry – How are the muscles today? Regarding McDonald’s, I can’t go there at all anymore. McDonald’s is a trigger for me…so no drive thru for the kiddos. I steer away from that place!
Math – Congratulations on your 3 pound loss!:carrot: And, please tell us more about your baby plans. How exciting!
Purple – It sounds like things might be okay for a while on the job front…hopefully, for a long time. I’m sorry that you fell into a binge yesterday, but it’s over now and time to move on and lose some more poundage, right?
Beverly – I love Greek food. Any idea what you’ll be ordering? I just found out that there is an annual Greek Festival that happens near us in May. Wonder how many calories are in a slice of Balava?:D
Scoobie - Hope the weather warms up for you walks this weekend.

Well, I didn’t go walking with the ladies last night. I didn’t get finished with my project until 8pm and I was exhausted. I took a nice relaxing bath and watched some TV instead.
Of course, my scales are showing me the results of no exercise. They haven’t moved much at all this week. My Dad’s favorite quote is “You make time for what’s important to you.” He’s right. I need to get more organized with my time and include the exercise. I was reading some things that Meg said about maintenance on their thread and one of the things was about exercise. Based upon information from the National Weight Control registry, the number one way that people are successful at maintaining their goal weight is daily exercise. I have to make this a priority! Today, I will sit down and make a schedule for myself.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

mj5
03-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone! Today should be a less busy day, but we'll see.....I did not do a watp dvd this am...I was really tired, so I just didn't...plus I had snow to deal w/! ICK! I MUST go to the gym tonight...I counted this am...I have 10 stickers in a row and I don't want to blow it today by not exercising! I can almost feel that pedicure now.....Ahhhhh.....

I'll catch up w/ everyone tonight.

Schmoodle
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning chicks! I had a good no-cheat Ph1 day yesterday, so here's to another sticker! I had kinda forgotten how important a good, clean Ph1 is. I am already feeling stronger against the temptations and not having any cravings. It's good to feel back on track. I also got in an extra workout yesterday, so I did my regular 2 mile walk, a 2-mile and 1-mile WATP back to back, and then had time for 30 minutes of yoga before dinner. I am LOVING the yoga.:D I am up to 1100 minutes of exercise for the month. I think this is pretty good for an exercise hater!
Here's today:
B: Breakfast cheesecake, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: Roasted asparagus dipped in Goddess dressing, tomato juice
L: Taco soup
S: latte, cup of roasted red pepper soup
D: More taco soup?, probably salad (pizza night at my mom's)
S: Greek yogurt

purple, I am glad you guys got the extra cash, it solves your immediate problem, but certainly makes your decision much harder. :hug:
Rhonda, hooray for sleep! Hope you and Scoobie can get your walks in today.
Beverlyjoy, I join you in being grateful for an on-plan yesterday. Have a fun dinner! The soup is very easy and yummy. It's not really mine - another from the SB recipe forum. It's got a sticky and it's called Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup. I'll post a link. Those chicks have got the best recipes! You guys should check them out if you haven't. Lots of good stuff, and it's mostly good for any plan.
mathpuppy, I think we are on a roll this week! Well, except for the twizzlers, but it was only two! A kid! How exciting! When does he or she arrive? How old? This is your first right?
mj, how do the walkslims compare to the WATP? I want to buy some new ones and am trying to figure out which to get. There are so many!:dizzy:
Hi :wave: Have a great Friday!

TGIF!!! Fun weekends planned?

Purplefirefly
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I had a big salad full of healthy stuff, kinda late breakfast/early lunch, then walked with son's preschool class to the truck museum and back. Nice slow walk, starting to get hot already, and now I am home and have the urge to just EAT. I"m still pleasantly full, but not overstuffed, that good feeling, but I just want to eat for some reason. I am typing here instead. I'm taking son to eat lunch with daughter at "the big school" in an hour, and will pack them each a lunch instead of driving through McDs (which they are used to on our little lunch dates). I just can't trust myself today! I'm not hungry, so will NOT eat!

I really want to exercise, but can't get all sweaty and ick then go to the school, daughter would pretend not to know me :lol: I might just curl up with a book I got at the library a week ago and haven't cracked open yet.

Why does getting back on track have to be so hard? More to the point: why do I ever allow myself to get off track to begin with? :dizzy:

ThatsSpify
03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
HEHE I am having so much fun exploring this place. I think I found my home :hug: I think writing helps get me past my food cravings. My plan today is to go in the kitchen and have some special k. For lunch im thinking a lean cuisine or leftover chicken breast. and for dinner, I need to find a low cal recipe somewhere haha. I have to go to the store today AHHHH Im trying to avoid the dreaded bakery/cookie isle. Wish me luck!!!:moo:

bigtxmomma
03-28-2008, 11:55 AM
You guys are so sweet. <3 <3 I feel so much better knowing you guys are here. My gma is doing ok, or so that's what they tell me. She still can't swallow very well, so I have no idea what's going to happen. She is apparently getting some nourishment. =/

Today I'm getting back into the swing of things. Today should be a good day. I think I'll work out a bit after breakfast and see if my energy is boosted. I'm really operating without my usual enthusiasm. I think DD and I will go check out the YMCA down the road and see how much family membership costs. I think it would be fun. =D

I went grocery shopping this morning because we were out of eggs and coffee and my Gimme Lean. =/ I don't have a good day without eggs!!!!!

Exercise:
WATP with handweights

Food:
Lentil soup for lunch
Salmon w/ Napa cabbage for dinner

Schmoodle, a ph1 really does a good job, doesn't it? Holy cow, 2 mile walk, then 3 mile WATP, then 30 mins of yoga??!? I think you should get four stickers for that! That's incredible. And two twizzlers is a heck of a lot better than a bag of twizzlers. =D That really shows a lot of control. =D

mj, you better get to that gym tonight! You NEED that pedicure! =D Hope your day is less crazy today! I don't know how you manage to work out as much as you do when you're always so busy.

Purple, it is hard to know what to do. =/ I mean, his loyalty is paying off, which is good. And hopefully the price of diesel falls a bit. =/ I totally agree with Math, to encourage your DH to talk to his boss and let him know what he's been thinking about. Don't fret about the binge. Stress makes you do crazy things. Did you go walking around the field? I hope your weather is really lovely right now.

scoobie, surely there is a place for your treadmill! Winter is awful for exercising. =/ Hope you make it out tonight!

Rhonda, YAY FOR 13 HOURS OF SLEEP!!!! =D I'm glad you got your project done so you can unwind a little. Whoosh. That's so fascinating about the exercise. Wow. You know, I was watching that program with Paul McKenna about overeating, and they were talking about how people get addicted to overeating because the actual ACT of eating floods you instantly with super high levels of serotonin. So it becomes a rush, and you want more and more of that good feeling. I bet regular exercise provides a constant alternative source of serotonin.

Mama2, awesome exercise!!! And thanks for the heads up on the book. I was looking at all his prices, and they are RIDICULOUS. =/ His weight loss cds are $175. What was it Rhonda said? Making money off teh fatties? lol The putting down the fork works! I also started putting down the fork and taking a sip of my drink. It feels more natural that way at first. Did you get the crab cakes & oven fries??

Beverly, sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday! =D That sure makes up for the cruddy day before. Congrats!!! It's good to know that the bad days always go away. Have fun at dinner. I LOVE Greek food. I bet your labs will come out beautifully!!!!

Math, eye on the prize!!!! Three pounds!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You so can do this! And what's this about a rugrat?! =D =D And I'm seriously gonna tap that face if I get that crazy overeatin' feeling. Are you?? Please do. It will make me feel less ridiculous. lol

Everyone else, have a splendid day!!

bigtxmomma
03-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Purple, it is so hard to stop grazing. =/ Stupid food. =/ Sounds like you're having a good and busy day. Good idea to pack lunches instead of getting tempted at McD's. =D

Hi, Spify! Welcome! Just say no to cookies!

12:15 edit: Ok, I just did my new Leslie Walk & Jog DVD. Why is jogging such good exercise? I really sweated! The Walk & Jog wasn't too bad -- about 2 minute jog intervals every five minutes. It was sort of annoying because most of those intervals were jog-kicks (=/), which totally threw me off so I just jogged in place. It was a good workout, though. I think I'm just going to do all my WATP DVDs in rotation. I think this one might be my oldest WATP.

Also, WHY DO I JIGGLE SO MUCH WHEN JOGGING??! Seriously I need a full-body bra. =/ The sad thing is I could keep up, but I felt like my rolls were going to wobble off. lol

=D

Purplefirefly
03-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Also, WHY DO I JIGGLE SO MUCH WHEN JOGGING??! Seriously I need a full-body bra. =/ The sad thing is I could keep up, but I felt like my rolls were going to wobble off. lol

=D

:rofl: the more you wobble, the less of you there will be to wobble ;) get a good sports bra, and keep on.

txmomma--I hope you are having a great day, you deserve one! I am so glad she's doing better. I didn't walk around the field, but I played with the kids, doing everything they did! It was so fun! I raced them down slides, climbed up all sorts of ladders and even climbed over all the big rocks with them. It was a harder workout than walking would have been.

:welcome: Spify! I have issues with the cookie aisle as well...and all the stuff they put out in the center aisles just kill me, I have to not look sometimes and hurry past. I just came back from the store and it was SO SO hard, but I got some Lean Pockets instead of the junk, they are like a treat I've allowed myself to get instead when cravings are intense. Also, I left my purse in the van, just took in a small amount of cash and my store card, so buying extra would have been impossible without ease of whipping out that card. YOU CAN DO IT...just go in with solid determination in your mind that you won't do it. I also like to think about myslef in shorts or a bathing suit as I ponder the bad stuff...that can change my mind real fast.

Schmoodle
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Spify and :welcome:
3fc IS a fabulous place!

bigtx, just wanted to share that we recently joined the YMCA. Mostly for the pool because DD is addicted to her swimming, and the place she usually gets her fix in the winter closed down, so she was freaking out. But we have been having lots of fun with it. They offer lots of classes, which I haven't tried yet, but DH and I have used their fitness center, and the kids and I have messed around on the racquetball courts some. I'm really happy we did it.

Purplefirefly
03-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Hey, they are signing up for the next Biggest Loser challenge over in the exercise forum...if anyone here doesn't know and might want to try it out. They have FAQ and rules, etc. up, you have to put a message in the sign up thread to join :) Now I really have to go...probable won't be back until late tonight.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 02:37 PM
:welcome2: Spiffy! I've seen you around here on the 100lb club. So glad you decided to post with us.

Momma - I could only wish I had gotten 13 hours of sleep last night...but, I had to settle for about 7. Unfortunately, I had 13 whole hours of so much fun (work) But, I plan on getting plenty of sleep this weekend. Also, I loved loved loved the YMCA. We had a membership for years while we lived in Florida. Hubby and I used the fitness center and the pool, they had great aerobics classes and the kiddos took gymnastics and swimming classes. We had to give up our membership when we moved here to Georgia as there aren't any Y's near us. :( Actually, the nearest workout center is at least 30 minutes away. I miss the weight machines and the aerobics classes most of all.

BTW, exercise does release serotonin. Runner's highs are like a big IV dose of the stuff! I really miss running. So, can someone tell me why I'm not busting my butt to become a runner again? Makes no sense at all.

Purple - thanks for reminding everyone here about the BL challenge. I think it would be so much fun for some of our accountability buddies to join us over there. Of course, you might not be a blueser anymore. :(

MamaToTomAndAlex
03-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Rhonda.... get off your butt and get running!!! :) Heck... I've been talking about going running for YEARS... and I have never done it till now :)

Well.... look at that. I was taking an off day because everything was hurting yesterday, but you know what? I'm having really really big problems staying on plan and nothing hurts as bad today, so I'm going to go to the gym instead of spending the afternoon sitting here chatting to you guys... ;)

No offence! I figure if I can't eat well, I'm just going to have to run my arse off... so to speak.

bigtxmomma
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow Rhonda I totally misread that. I seriously read "13 hours of sleep" at LEAST five times. Maybe my mind was just connecting to super-wishful thinking. lol =D

Yea, so DD & I took the tour of the Y and we are now members! The one down the road is the largest YMCA in all of Texas, and it's 2 minutes away. It was pretty awesome. =D I'm excited. Twice a month they have a parents night out for $15. The facilities were really nice, and I signed up to meet with fitness people to talk about my goals, etc. =/ =/ Oy! Now DH & I can go workout together or play racquetball. I really wish I had done this earlier. We usually are so bored and never know what to do, and I think we're going to have a lot of fun with this.

(Esp if we can get a tiny break from DD. God bless her mischievous soul, but DH & I never have any time together.)

Wow, I'm so glad everyone has had such great experiences with the YMCA.

Is everyone signing up for the Biggest Loser challenge?

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Momma - Congratulations! I miss Parent's night out.*sigh* I'd forgotten about that benefit.

mj5
03-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Kerry--Wow, sounds like you need to give yourself a break! I'm the same way w/ cravings--I have to figure out a way to have it, or at least a healthier version. How did you make out w/ fish and chips? Good for you for going to the gym, instead of staying home and eating!

Beverlyjoy--Anytime! You have certainly listened to me vent enough! Have fun at the Greek restaurant. I love greek food. How are you feeling today?

Mathpuppy--Great idea about writing things down! CONGRATS on the weight loss! Great job! A baby soon? Do tell!

Purple--How are you holding up? I wish I could answer why getting back on track was so hard (or why let ourselves get off track in the first place)....It seems like shortly after I find my 'groove' I loose it again...

scoobie--Did you get to go on a walk today? I know what you mean about being too cold outside....I woke up to 5" of snow...ugh, I thought that was over for this year!

Rhonda--YEA for Friday! I am so glad you were able to sleep last night! Today was a little more relaxed, but it dragged....good news is--the weekend is here! Good for you for having some "me time" last night after getting your project done! I am drained tonight. I love your dad's quote! Good for you to get organized and make time!

Schmoodle--Yea for another sticker! I find the walk slim's to be more intense. There is some interval training in the walk slim series too, which I like and can sometimes do (sometimes not). I like having some different ones to mix up what I am doing. I am going to look at yard sales this summer (I usually go to some w/ my grandmother).

spify--How did you do grocery shopping?

txmomma--I am so glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the Y membership! I didn't get to the gym, but I did come straight home and did a 3 mile watp dvd, so that counts! Several of us from work left early to go to calling hours for a co-workers grandfather, so I just wasn't in the mood to go to the gym. OMG! I am totally cracking up....Don't worry, you aren't alone...I jiggle too!

I didn't go to the gym, but I came home and did a 3 mile watp dvd, so I am on target for sticker #11 tonight. txmomma is exactly right, I SO need a pedicure (have you been peaking at my icky looking feet?!).

I am going to go check out the biggest loser info.

kissingginger
03-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Another long hiatus from the board. I'm lurking and I'm not sure why. I'm not doing that great exercise wise and maybe deep down I feel guilty...along with a string of illnesses, I went to see my doctor yesterday to weigh in and discovered that the reason I may not be breathing very well lately (I have asthma) is allergies. Maybe I should have known itchy eyes and sneezing were allergy related but it came on strong right after a cold...so I kinda had no idea. Doh! Of course today it is snowing -(weird for this area!) and so the pollen's probably weak right now. So I've been barely hanging on with my inhalers and not able to exercise. Dr. has prescribed new medicine that should help and hopefully I will be back on track.

I know I've missed you a lot and I'm sorry I haven't been there for everyone. Also - Linda-- I am so sorry to hear of your mum -you must be totally stressed out.

I also had a really scary experience today that I will write about later. Right now it's too fresh and overwhelming to write about.

Also wanted to let you ladies know that I found the beauty of FITDAY and while I hadn't given it a proper shot --I now have the PC version and it's great!! I can't believe how much I was consuming - unbelievable. I truly believe it's the way to go - calories in/calories out as Jillian from TBL would say.

Cheers, Ginger

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Ginger, I was just thinking about you earlier today. It's so good to hear from you! My allergies have also been horrible. Someone was telling me again today about the Neti (sp?) pot. Have you ever tried one? Dr Oz recommend it for allergies. I'm picking one up this weekend and giving it a shot. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'm sorry you had a scarey experience today. I hope you're okay. When you're ready to share, we're hear to listen and support you.

Schmoodle
03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Rhonda, I have a Neti pot and it's very helpful (although nobody in the family likes to be around when I'm using it). I have always had terrible sinuses, although since I started SB they are SOOOO much better. I think it must be drinking enough water or maybe I had food allergies?

Hope you are okay Ginger!

Darkblue
03-29-2008, 12:04 AM
*dashes in and out*

Just back from yet another trip. I tried to be "good"--ate much less than I would have weeks ago, looked for healthier choices, did more walking. Maybe it wasn't too bad!

Hope everyone is well, happy, and healthy! I'll get caught up tomorrow with the threads.

Take care!

math puppy
03-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Hello,
Today I didn’t get any official exercise, the snow stopped me from going to kung fu class and I didn’t muster up the energy to get to the gym. I did however go for a walk with my honey, we went to Jackson park and that has all these nature trails. there is even beach off the Puget sound, and then we had to clime a long set of stairs to get back to our cars. It really got me huffing and puffing, I even had that high feeling after wards. I love the woods. I’m so lucky I live in the northwest, we have sooooo many beautiful places to hike.

Anyways, food wise I am doing good as well, so long as I don’t eat anything more for the rest of the night. (channeling will power) hope you all have a op day tomorrow! hugs and kittens!

oh I forgot, you guys are so sweet asking about us having a kid. We are actually not preggers yet. We where trying for about 6months with no luck, but now we have a fertility doctor!!! Its so awesome, they give you pills, take ultrasounds. And then force you to ovulate when you need to! Isn’t that crazy??? It blows my mind really. Science rocks. So hopefully on Saturday they will say that everything is lined up for the insemination. Cross your fingers for me.

Purple- tomorrow will be better. At least you got extra activity! Good job setting limits with mcd’s. he will just have to do without you! Kids are great for exercising, and the best part is, you are also bonding!

Beverlyjoy- yay for being on plan!! Its such a good feeling right?

Scoobie- a treadmill would be a great investment in yourself!

Girlygirlsebas- lol, you gotta love sleep! You can also sneak exercise into your day. Like park far away from the grocery store, take the stairs, March when you wait for something in the microwave. Good luck with the schedule! Let us know how it goes.

Mj- PEDICURE! PEDICURE! PEDICURE!! (Chanting to cheer you on) ;) how many more stickers do you need?

Schmoodle- yoga is great! Wow! Look at you exercise! You go girl!

thatsSpify- welcome! How did the bakery/cookie isle turn out? That was/is one of my hardest isles except on really really good days :lol:

bigtxmomma- lol! You always make me laugh. Okay ill do it! And I will think of you every time! Hee hee on your closing I thought you said “have a SPLENDA day” this was funny to me because of the no sugar thing. No sugar people should say this to each other a lot, unless splenda is cheating, in which case they should just say normal everyday things to each other. (woah tangent!)

mama2- good job getting out there

I gotta go sorry if I missed anyone.

Beverlyjoy
03-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi chicks! Yesterday was on plan :) - upper portion of my calorie range. I am grateful. DH brought home Graeters raspberry and dark chocolate chunk ice cream. I had a big chocolate chuck and counted it in. (I savered it) However, I told DH if he wants ice cream we can go out for it. That ice cream, cookies, and candy "call to me" and I'd don't want them in the house. He said OK. I didn't need to add on an extra 200 calories at the end of the day. :p

today - I must work on the taxes. Ugh. :dizzy:
journal food - calories, fats, sat. fats, chol. carbs
lots of water
stretches (done! :))
meditation
PMA

food-
breakfast - ff cottage cheese, npnb toast, applesauce
snack - carrots
lunch - wrap with black beans, 2% cheddar, & salsa, streamed zucchini
snack - yogurt, flax, fruit
dinner - turkey and noodles, green beans
snack - cereal, skim milk

I'll be back to do personals. Have a great day everyone.

Schmoodle
03-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Good Saturday afternoon chickies. I don't really have a plan yet for today. I am going to do my grocery list/menu planning shortly though so it's all good. I had a nice Saturday AM. My kids stayed overnight at grandma's and DH took off early for an outing, so I slept in, then went to the PA Dutch market with a friend for some breakfast and shopping. I was good, just coffee and an egg and a little piece of ham. I'm kind of stuck without a car for the rest of the day, since our second vehicle is acting up, so guess I've got no excuse to ignore the cleaning and laundry I need to be doing. Of course I've got to squeeze in my exercise as well, and maybe can relax and so some reading. BTW Had another on-plan day yesterday! That's 4 out of the last 5!

mathpuppy, I've got my fingers crossed! Hope all goes well for the insemination. That is so exciting!

Well, the kids will be here soon, so better get moving! Have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Happy Saturday! I slept in today....til noon! I'm having a cup of coffee and posting for a few mins, then we're going shopping. Tonight is Ladies' night again. I need to figure out how I want to handle this...eat before going and only have a glass of wine...or, save calories and eat a little something of everything...with a glass of wine.:) I really need to be extra careful. Weekends are always tough for me...this one, especially. But, I have a loss showing on the scales and I want to keep it there for Monday's "official" weigh-in.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan weekend. I'll check back in again sometime this weekend.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
PS...I just noticed that some of you have signed up for the next round of the Biggest Loser challenge. :carrot: I'm so excited. I you all end up on my team as we'll be the Biggest Losers for sure!

Purplefirefly
03-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I am glad some of you are joining BL challenge! Rhonda, I will miss you there if I get on the black team, but I wanted to be on that team this time and they didn't take my reaquest, so this is my chance :p I'm stupid, i do Jillian's workouts and pretend she's in my living room, so I want to pretend to really be on her team. Yes, I'm an idiot, but it is motivating somehow.

Now about the Ladie's night...do you really think you can have a little of everything and stop there, or is it going to lead into something more? Can you really say you're not going to eat anything and actually follow through? YOu have to think about yourself honestly and make a compromise you can really follow through with.

Schmoodle--Sounds like a nice morning...shopping especially!

Beverly--I have never had that ice cream, and it sounds like I better leave it that way :)

Math--science is amazing, isn't it? Simply mind blowing what they can do now days.

Welcome home darkblue!

My kids are going to spend the night with MIL tonight, leaving me and hubby alone for the first night in about a year...and he's been out since last Sunday so it's good timing ;) I am trying to get them ready to go, clean and do some laundry, and I need to get my Jillian DVD in now, because once hubby comes home I won't want to do it.
'
I have a new goal for myself. I want to be under 200 by July 4th, because we are going back to Ohio to see my family. I would only have to lose 2 lb. a week to make it, so that's totally realistic. I've decided to go with a challenge to be OP every single day until then, starting today. I feel really pumped and committed, ready to go. I have not felt the excitement for awhile but realizing I coudl be under 200 by the time we go home really woke me up to how close I am!

brit40
03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello there , I have just joined and what diets are most of you on here ? i'm thinking of starting the CD diet VLCD

mj5
03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone! I am about to snuggle up w/ the dogs, but wanted to pop in here first!

I did a 2 mile walk slim dvd this morning and I actually kept up w/ most of the intervals!!!

Ginger--Welcome back! Hope you are ok.

darkblue--Welcome back from your trip!

math puppy--Your hike sounds great, I'd call that exercise! Fingers are crossed! How did it go w/ the dr? I only need 3 more stickers--I am on track to get one today, so that will be only 2 more! Thanks for the chanting!!!

beverlyjoy--Yea for another on plan day! Ugh, taxes...we are doing ours tomorrow--finally.

schmoodle--Sounds like you had fun toda!

Rhonda--Wow, slept til noon?! That's great, I seriously can't remember the last time I did that! Have fun a ladies night!

Purple--Have a great time w/ dh tonight! That's a great goal for yourself!

Have a great day!

xtrisaratops
03-29-2008, 03:22 PM
*peeks in*

Anyone remember me?

I kinda dropped off the planet there for a little while, although this time, it was due to circumstances outside of my control. Basically, my knee injuries were a lot more serious than anyone thought, so I wound up needing surgery. And not simple, outpatient arthroscopic surgery either--cut me open and move things around surgery.

Recovery has been REALLY slow, and quite painful, and obviously diet has been the least of my worries. That's about to change starting RIGHT NOW! I feel like total crap lately, and I know a big part of it has to do with the way I'm eating. Ever since my surgery, I've been sort of at the mercy of those around me because I couldn't really do a lot for myself. But yesterday, I went back to my ortho for a follow up, and he gave me the go-ahead to start getting back to normal.

Exercise will be slow and steady, but I can do it. You girls were such an amazing support to me before, and I know I can do this. I just have to put all the yucky stuff behind me and start moving forward.

I've finally realized that the world is going to spin regardless, and I either have to spin along with it or get left behind.

mj5
03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Of course we remember you! In fact, many of us have asked about you...I just figured it was 'knee stuff'...I had no idea it was really big knee stuff! Yikes! I am glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!! Like you said, it will be slow and steady, but you CAN do it! Welcome back!

math puppy
03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
i ate too much today, i am at my lowest limit right now but if just make sure not to eat a huge dinner i bet i can make it under my upper limit. ill let you all know how it went!

im worn out, i bet its cause i stayed up way too then woke up early.
i better get moving! later

bevjoy- way to set limits with the icecream. you gotta know what works with you and what doesnt.

schmoodle- i hate being stuck with no car. at least you get to catch up on chores. i just did all mine. whew!

Rhonda- lucky you! sleeping in. getting adequate sleep is good for weight loss ;)

purple- "i do Jillian's workouts and pretend she's in my living room, so I want to pretend to really be on her team." omg! you are my hero! :lol:

brit- i count calories, and sorta do the zone diet when i can.

xtrisaratops- of course we remember you! ouch about your knee. we will cheer you on in the healing process

Schmoodle
03-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Sara, glad to have you back! Hope your knee mends up quickly.
brit, I am a South Beacher.

I am going to take the kiddies swimming today, then we'll drive to VA to take DD1 out to dinner for her 21st birthday. Hope you all have a fun day planned!

Here's the plan for today:
B: asparagus and cheese omelet, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
No snack, big late breakfast
L: Tomato and red pepper soup, cottage cheese, pickles
S: latte, hmmm whatever I can dig up
D: salad and something healthy and on-plan at the restaurant
S: yogurt if I behaved at dinner

bigtxmomma
03-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey guys! Had a good OP day yesterday, except I nibbled too much while making dinner. =/ So I didn't eat too much at the actual dinner. But still.

We're heading over the the Y later. They have limited child watching hours on the weekends, and there really isn't much to do with DD except to go swimming in the outdoor pool, but I don't think it's open yet. I didn't do any exercise yesterday because I was sore and my body wanted a day off.

Schmoodle, have fun with your DD tonight! =D Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Being stranded wtihout a car gives you a good excuse to do the boring chores.

Beverly, I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed your ice cream! That's a good idea, to go out for it instead of keeping it around. Did you get your taxes done?

Sara, welcome back! So sorry to hear about your knee -- that's just awful. =( Glad you're back. =D

Math, since you guys might be having a baby in the near future, consider your exhaustion practice!! =D I WILL keep my fingers crossed for a successful insemination!!!!!!!!!!! How did you end up on calories yesterday?

Yay for keeping up with the intervals, mj!!!!!! That's impressive. =D Did you have a good rest of the day?

Woa, Purple! Bow chicka bow wow! Sorry, had to queue 70s porn music. Hope you and your DH had a wonderful evening together! You should get your MIL to watch the kiddies more often!! =D And that's so funny about Jillian. I have a workout-motivating-thing for Leslie Sansone.

Rhonda, now there's your sleep!!!! =D How did it go last night with ladies night?? Hope there was a lot of wine consumed. =D

Beverlyjoy
03-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Friends....gosh...I've been so busy. So sorry I haven't had time for personals. I'll try today.

here's my plan for today:

taxes
stretches
journal food
lots of water
meditation
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and pineapple, ww wrap with npnb
lunch - wrap with turkey and lite cheese, zucchini cooked with mushrooms and onions
lunch - yogurt with fiber one cereal
dinner - tomato soup with grilled lite cheese, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, skim milk

We didn't go out for Greek food this weekend because my mom was not feeling well.

Yesterday was very difficult. I overate again after supper - that's three times in the past seven days. I had a long talk with myself and decided that I just can't go there any more. I was doing fine... Yesterday I made a HUGE pot of turkey and noodles. Some of our neighbors stopped by in the back yard in the afternoon (it was a pretty day). The children played and the adults visited. Hubby and I invited them all over for supper. Everyone brought something - it was that darn chocolate candy. Someone brought hershey kisses for dessert and left them when they went home.. I ate them plus several rolls and butter. Not the end of the world. But, it makes me realize that certain foods can trigger crazy eating. So today...I start again - with my plan and my tools and I'll try to carry on.

Have a great day.

mj5
03-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone! Haven't decided if I will workout or not, yet today...Sunday is a 'free' day, but sometimes I decide to anyway. My knee is a little sore, so I *might* need the day off....we'll see....

Our taxes are officially done. YEA!! I always dread doing them, probably b/c we always owe and then we have to figure out how to pay....this year we are actually getting a decent refund! YAHOO!!! Can't wait!!! Especially since I am so close to my pedi reward (may splurge for the mani too!)!!!

TOM is gone, but I am still really bloated. I better pay attention to what I am eating--I must be getting too much sodium somewhere...

Have a great day!

xtrisaratops
03-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Lunch: Chicken breast (Wooo Wal-Mart rotisserie), skin peeled off, steamed broccoli, huge salad with balsamic vinegar as dressing

Snack: "baked" apple (cored apple stuffed with raisins and cinnamon and microwaved)

Dinner: Vegetable soup and grilled turkey sandwich

Snack: Snack bag of popcorn

Water, water, water, water! Have to remember the water today.

Light stretching, upper body strength training

math puppy
03-30-2008, 04:26 PM
blah! i didt stay op yester day :(
dinner we unexpectedly ate out and my inhaitions when out the window! today i went a little crazy this morning too. but it wasnt like crazy binge, i was actully savoring the food slowly like paul mckenna says (did i say his name right ? meh.) so it was this weird controlled binge where i didnt swollow everything whole and stopped waaaaay before i normally would. i guess thats an almost victory. there is still room to save the day as well.

ill just try to stay possitive and take my food journal with me where ever i go today. im going to have to make this happen!!

(i think i can.i think i can.i think i can!)

no time for personals now, maybe later. have a good day all.

Purplefirefly
03-30-2008, 08:49 PM
We ended up at a buffet with MIL and the kids last night. I started with a big salad, lots of veggies and some grilled chicken strips, but they didn't have any low fat dressings so I had a little honey mustard. Then I had one plate of food, but went with lots of fruit, some zucchini/squash, and a big grilled chicken breast. Yum! I had MIL take the kids up to the dessert bar, and even though I had to watch them eat it and was tempted, i didn't have any. MAJOR step forward for me! It did look good, but I was determined :strong:

Sara, so glad to see you back, but not glad to hear of the knee problems. I am glad it's taken care of, though! I just asked about you a couple days ago, so of course we remember ya :)

math--I think a slow, calculated binge is a step forward from the out of control frenzy that they normally are. This isn't something that goes away overnight, so you are doing great at working through it. Hang in there.

I know I didn't get to everyone, but we worked on the flowerbeds all day and I am so tired...and frozen, it's COLD out there again :mad:

snflrgrl1962
03-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone....I am new to the board and just found this thread. This is such a great idea.
I am on the Metabolic Research Center Diet.
Here is what I had today:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled/ pan sprayed with Pam, 1 slice 40 cal. bread w/ICBINB spray, coffee w/1 tbsp. FF Coffee-mate (this is a cheat, but I can't do with my coffee), pink lemonade HNS

Lunch: 4oz grill chicken breast (no skin), 1 boiled egg, 8 oz. mixed salad, mustard (Dijonniase) vinegrette dressing, 1/2 cup blackberries w/splenda, lemon HNS

Snack: 1 oz. string cheese, Cappuccino HNS

Dinner: 6oz. baked turkey breast, 4oz. steamed artichoke hearts w/italian seasoning, 2 melba toast rectangles, wildberry HNS

80 + oz water today!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

math puppy
03-31-2008, 02:54 AM
just poping in for a sec. i stayed in mid range calorie wise today which is great! i also went to the gym even though my gym buddy didnt come. that took a little will power. i have to be off, so no personals, but i did read all your post! i just wanted to tell PURPLE that im so proud of you for skipping dessert!! that is really hard, but so smart that you had MIL take the kids up to the bar. :)

offical weigh in when i wake up!

good night all and welcom newbies!
will see you all tomorrow.