Exercise! - Hip injury-Help!

View Full Version : Hip injury-Help!

reed
03-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Recently I injured my self during training at school, and now I have a two month 'rest' from all running/high impact exercise. What should I do?
:?:
Does anybody have some good suggestions for exercise, because I really need to keep up my fitness levels and lose weight! :)

Sahira
03-23-2008, 09:48 AM
After knee surgery, I started swimming. It can be great aerobic exercise and an alternative method to maintain or build back up without pounding the pavement. Lap swimming can be boring, but with a waterproof ipod/mp3, it's no different than a treadmill! Good luck!

Christina7806
03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Without knowing the specifics of your injury, I can't tell you exactly what you can do. However, two weeks ago, I injured my hip and running was excruciating. I came to the conclusion that I had hip bursitis and it was very painful. What I did was buy a spinning bike. It doesn't seem to bother it. I also used my treadmill and began to train for race walking, alternating walking speeds just as you would for the c25k program. I also did incline intervals. I was able to do all of these with very little pain. After two weeks, my hip still is kind of sore but is 90% better. Luckily, I was still able to lift weights so I did that with extra intensity. Good luck!