General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Default Starting Merida along with WW--anyone else double up also.

I am starting Merida tomorrow along with WW. I was wondering about other peoples success rate. I know that I have to get this weight off.

I almost died when I saw what I weighed at the doctors office today. I go back in 4 weeks or so. I am not going to weigh myself until then.

Since my insurance does not cover the meridia I will have to pay out of pocket for it. But really if I watch my food bills, take my lunch to work I am sure I can come up with most of it without pinching my budget to much.

Very intersted in your stories and ideas!

P
Old 02-25-2002, 08:52 PM   #2  

Hi Pryia - I think your combination is great. I am taking Meridia as well and I have been trying to follow a WW type of plans too.

I realize from reading this board that I am very fortunate that my health plan cover 95% of the cost of Meridia. I was prepared to spend the money if it was not covered.

You will find that you won't think about food as much and you will feel full sooner. What has worked for me is flexibility. Today is my daughter's 16th Birthday and we went out for dinner. I ordered a dinner that I liked and though would not be too high in calories and fat. When we got home I had a small piece of cake with my daughter. If I don't let myself enjoy special occasions etc. then I start feeling cheated.

Best of luck to you.

Nancyanne
Old 02-27-2002, 06:10 PM   #3  

Smile

hi-pryia. I am also on meridia and attempting the WW1-2-3. I have taken meridia previously and had great results. I lost 18 lbs in roughly 4 weeks. I cut back tremendously on my food intake and soda. I still ate things i craved but a lot less at a time. I chose to stop taking meridia for about 4 months and now I'm starting over to get in shape for the summer. Luckily my coverage covers the entire cost of the medication and I hope to stick with it for awhile. I have just turned 21 and would like to lose around 40lbs. I plan to reach my goal sometime in the early summer. Good Luck to you as well.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:02 PM   #4  
A princess in the making!

Nelly:
What happened when you went off of Meridia. I don't plan on staying on it long term. I would like to lose 50 pounds and then the other 30 with just WW.

Today I noticed I am hungry. And I have had enough food. I am just hoping this hungry feeling is not a sign of something else.

Oh course I am really tired too. So I will be heading to bed soon. Because in some ways I am to tired to think about chewing.

I will say though I did not have any problems leaving the sugar alone today.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:23 PM   #5  

hi pryia. I unfortunately stopped taking it about 4 months ago because I turned 21 and was out on weekends taking advantage of my new freedom. You arent supposed to drink alcohol on this med. I also met someone and started dating , got comfortable and then was going out to dinner many nites a week. I gained 15 lbs back so far. That isnt so bad i think considering I havent paid any attention to what I have eaten at all lately. I also drink a lot of soda. Habits i need to break i know.
Closed Thread