100 lb. Club - Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off! March 23nd 29th

mezmerize
03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
:welcome:
Here is where you can post your workouts it doesn't matter how often or long and what you do for your workouts
(chase the dog/cat/kids around the house):twirly:
You moved take credit!! :woohoo:
You can be as brief as you want or write a novel. ;)

skinimerinkidinkidin
03-22-2008, 11:47 AM
My workout varies because i get bored easily and my muscles start to remember what i am doing so it is too easy. i have been in Taekwondo for three years and last December i entered a four month intense training program before my black belt testing. Although I dropped the 200 push ups and crunches a day I continued to run. Now i run about 7-25 miles a week but because i run outside i get bored of the same trails. So i have to change the direction I go. During the summer i am planning to start running down at the canyon. i have a couple of different loops around where I live, 5 mile (for auspicious days), 3 miler, 2 miler, then laps when i only want to do about a 15min run, 1.5 miles. Besides running 3-7 times a week, teaching about 3-6 martial arts classes and taking 1-2 myself, I go to the gym 1-5 times a week, mind you I usually only get about 5-9 workouts in a week so all of the amounts varry depending on each of the other workouts. At the gym i usually do the ellptical for about 25-30 min (including cool down), then the bike or the treadmill. After my cardio I stretch out then i do weights, abs, legs, and then arms. my workouts usually run about an hour at a time, and my runs about 1/2 hour. my advice is to get some good music and go do something you actually like to do...go explore a local park or even a national park. Get out be happy and have fun. :carrot:

fiberlover
03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Today I did Leslie Sansone's Woman's walk, and we took a 20 minute stroll outside earlier.

Sandi
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
skinimerinkidinkidin - Wow, it sounds like you have worked very hard for a long time and have become very fit (and at such a young age)! That's awesome...keep it up and I am sure you will reach your goal! It gives me something to look forward to.

This week is going to be a bummer I have to miss Monday's water aerobics because of a wake and Wednesday because of a Birthday party! :(

SwimGirl
03-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Sandi - what kind of water aerobics do you do? My neighbour wants me to try deep water aerobics - I normally do laps. And sit in the hot tub, thats exercise right?

My neck was still bothering me today, so I decided not to exercise, I will tomorrow though! Also thanks everyone for all the input on the calories! I think I'll start at 1800 calories and see where I go from there!

-Aimee

Sandi
03-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I do the water fitness class. The water is about shoulder deep. It's like an aerobics class, but in the water. The deep water is after ours. The deep water is better if you have any knee issues because you don't touch the bottom. Maybe try both and see which one you like better?

mezmerize
03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
skinimerinkidinkidin Kudos on your workouts. I also find that I prefer to listen to my own music. It makes the workouts more fun!

fiberlover It was snowing once again so no strolls outside here. I cant wait until we can. Nice workout!

Sandi Water Aerobics sounds like fun.

Swimgirl- Choice on trying to get that shoulder back on track. Sending happy healing thoughts your way.

As for me 8 Miles once again the jogging. I cant wait until the doctor gives the OK for ABS and Jogging! Geez I dont even want to think how many weeks until that is oked. Hey does anyone else have Theme Songs to keep them going? I have a few I listen to. Larry Williams - Bony Moronie ( while I dont want to be bony it does inspire me) Justin Timberlake - Sexyback, (Yup Yup gong to get that back!!), Fergalicious Fergie ( When I sing it I change to mezalicious!Tee Hee), It Don't Come Easy John Lennon & Ringo Starr (It inspires me to NEVER GIVE UP), Break on Through Doors (This is my theme to get to Onelander! Thanks Redballoon!!)

fiberlover
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Skini - that is a lot of workouts! :bravo:

Sandi - the one reason I would join the Y or a gym would be for the pool. I just can't muster up the desire to spend the money on the membership or gas LOL!

Aimee - let us know how you do on the calories. Are you tracking on mydailyplate or fitday? If you do dailyplate, my handle is javaqueen01 - so you can add me to your friends list if you want.

Mez - how long does it take to do the 8 miles!! Wow!

Today I did Cardio Overdrive. I even tried doing the regular moves, instead of the modified ones I have been doing. Did pretty well. It almost seemed like HIIT doing those because it certainly got my heart rate up there!

Iwanawurkit
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I did 30 mins of outside walking as fast as I could to keep warm. The sun was out and it was about 38 degrees. Felt invigorating! The Y was closed because of Easter so no Water Jog for me.

mezmerize
03-24-2008, 12:03 AM
fiberlover - It take around 1hr & 40 minutes.

Iwanawurkit - Kudos on that workout. Also a huge plus it being cold. The body burns even more calories to keep warm!

SwimGirl
03-24-2008, 12:38 AM
fiber - I am doing it by hand, I used to use fitday, but it was taking too much time. I can lay in bed with my bf and count my calories with my little notebook and calculator, heh.

I cleaned the house today in prep for my family to come, by the time they left, well thats now! So still no exercise, but having a couple days off in a row has been good for my neck.

Congrats everyone on your exercise, it really is hard to fit it all in, we all deserve awards for it!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Today was heavy duty workout day. Did my Bowflex full body workout, then Hard Core Fusion.
Felt really good! :lifter:

Iwanawurkit
03-24-2008, 05:26 PM
One mile on the eliptical took me 17 mins. and then 35 mins on the weight machines and finished with 16 mins on the treadmill for one mile.

luckyducky
03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Finally, got to do 3 miles of WATP Weightloss Walk, felt really good and invigorating! I am now carrying 50 lb feed sacks ( I ran out of hay...),every couple of days, and amazingly, they don't seem nearly as heavy as they usually did!
I hope to get up early enough to do 3 brisk miles with the 5 Mile WATP tomorrow morning.

SwimGirl
03-25-2008, 02:20 AM
I did 20 minutes Turbo Jam cardio, I did all the jumping rope! It was a good workout! And I also counted my calories, big day for me! My goal was 1800, I ended at 1853, pretty darn close if I do say so myself!

fiber - my local pool/gym does 2 dollar workouts every night - they do it at some silly hour, 9:30-10:30pm! Kind of late, but if I don't have to work early the next day it's perfect, by the time I get home I crash! Check your local place and see if they have any good deals. Dumb question, whats HIIT?

mez - where are you with your crazy good workouts?? how to find time to do 1 hour 40 minutes of exercise? I barely had time for 20 minutes today!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-25-2008, 08:34 AM
fiber - my local pool/gym does 2 dollar workouts every night - they do it at some silly hour, 9:30-10:30pm! Kind of late, but if I don't have to work early the next day it's perfect, by the time I get home I crash! Check your local place and see if they have any good deals. Dumb question, whats HIIT?

-Aimee

Congrats on the calorie range! It takes a while to get the rhythm down of knowing portion/calorie sizes by sight. Once that happens, it's much easier.
HIIT is high intensity interval training. Where you do an exercise for 5 minutes, then go all out for 1 minute, then back to normal pace. Do that about 4-5 times. It takes a while to build up to the one minute of high intensity.
You can do it with any type of exercise. I have done it biking, which is the easiest for me - to do those bursts.
I think Couch to 5K is a good example of HIIT, at least at first.

mezmerize
03-25-2008, 08:51 AM
SwimGirl That Turbo Jam Cardio sounds like it would be real fun. I havent jumped rope in a long time. Not sure if my knees are ready for that as of yet but when they do its on my list. Kudos on keep track of you calories and your workout. Well I usually wake at 4:30 am (my husband leaves for work) I do my internet stuff and then workout. I had time off because of my surgery and daughter had spring break so no grandkids. So my days were pretty much open. As of tomorrow I wont have that. Im going to have to plan and maybe breakup my walks into sets. I was going to ask fiber the same thing. I recall Sarah shooting for that.

fiberlover WOOT!!! On that Heave duty workout!!!

Iwanawurkit Kudos that was a nice workout. Ive not built up that much time on the elliptical.

luckyducky HOLY SMOKES! 50lbs bags geez Id say you are getting one heck of a workout with that! WTG on the walks. I really need to check into that 5 mile walk dvd.

As for me today. Im not sure what Im going to do. Take a break or walk. My knee was acting up a bit. So Im thinking in the lines of a nice easy workout. Im also very tired today. I woke late and am praying this coffee will open these eyes. So forgive my post if they are a bit dazed for I sure feel that way.

scoobie74
03-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Last night, I took my son out for a mile walk. I would have loved to go longer than that, but he was wanting to go home. Hopefully tonight we can go longer! I am thinking about buying me a rebounder so that I can use it in the living room when he goes to sleep.

SwimGirl
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
fiber - Turbo Jam does something sorta like that, halfway thru the workout they have do high intensity for 1 minute 30 seconds, gets that sweat flowing! heh.

mez - It must have been nice to have the time off to be able to exercise like that! Definitely a great use of it :)

I might go swimming tonight, but right now I'm imagining coming home from work and napping!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Mez - take it easy, you've done a few days of a *lot* of exercise! Don't ever exert yourself.

Today I did Leslie Sansone's Walk and Jog. Tomorrow is weigh in day, hope it's good news LOL!

mezmerize
03-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Scobbie74

mezmerize
03-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Scobbie74 I have read that those rebounders are a nice workout. Kudos on your mile walk.

SwimGirl The time off was great. While I missed my grandkids it was nice to have the freedom to workout. Now the real test is planning and staying on track.

fiberlover Sending well wishes for your WI tomorrow.

As for me I skipped my walk. I was and am still tired but cant seem to fall asleep. My throat is a bit scratchy so will make sure to gargle. Fingers crossed I not coming down with something. I did get some shop walking. So that was at least something.

scoobie74
03-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Thank Mezmerize! I did a mile and a half walk last night and the last half mile I did pretty fast. My legs are a little sore today, but I am going to shoot for 2 miles. My aunt has a rebounder and she loves using it in front of the TV (she never had any weight issues and she was my inspiration the first time that I started running in high school). I really think that I will get one because I hear that they are not as hard on the knees.

SwimGirl
03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
mez - make sure you take a ton of vitamin c too, and hopefully that will stave off any sickness!

fiber - congrats on being "overweight"! Its quite thrilling, congrats :)

Well I was going to do 1km swim at the pool yesterday after work, but I came home, called my pool partner, and she said she'd give me a call after dinner. The call never came, and I never noticed because I was fast asleep on the couch! Yikes! I never would pick working out over sleep, so I guess it ended up being a good thing. Now just to avoid that overeating when completely exhausted thing!

-Aimee

fiberlover
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone!! Hope you are all shaking your booties today!

I did my strength training routine, and the express version of Cardio Overdrive. I am feeling so motivated to break the 100 pound mark. Sometimes the impatience is more than I can bear (even though it has taken me 4 years to get this far LOL!).

mezmerize
03-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Aww fiberlover wish I moved my booty. LOL
I am trying right now to get myself a moving. Stupid cold/flu not sure what it's going to be as of yet. Chills, sore throat, tired, head hurts some but no fever. So I'm going to try my best to workout. Geez Usually it's me doing this to myself when onelander comes around now it's my body and I can't do anything to stop it!!! It makes me angery. Sorry pity party over. I'll get a moving please forgive my brief post.

Fiberlover - I'm leaving you in charge. (hehe) So you kiddies be good and work it if I'm gone.

mezmerize
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok fiberlover you off the hook. Did my 8 miles and even jogged. I feel great and I feel tired. I listened to my body when it said slow I slowed when it said yea you can go I did. So thanks body for letting do all I can.

fiberlover
03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Good job Mez!! Drink lots of extra fluids if you think you might be coming down with something. And darn - here I thought I could crack a whip at people for a while! LOL.

Today I did WATP 3 mile.

luckyducky
03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
For the past couple of days, I have gotten 3 miles of WATP before work. I feel good about that, but, when I get to work, I am starving the rest of the morning!!!! And I eat, but, can't get filled up! I wonder, is this happening only to me, or do others experience the same thing?

Kierra
03-27-2008, 11:21 PM
I've gone to curves every night this week except Sunday when they are closed. This is the most I've worked out in my life and I'm happy. Of course I'm on my period so can't tell if I've lost weight or not but I actually look forward to going to Curves on the way home from work unlike when I was trying to exercise at home and would dread it.

fiberlover
03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
luckyducky - are you eating protein and healthy fats with your breakfast? That will help you feel full.

Kierra - great job!! Keep it up!

Today I will do my strength training, and my cardio is going to be shoveling snow!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! We already have 4 inches, which is what they predicted. Not sure how much more will come down.

KimL1214
03-28-2008, 02:14 PM
So the minor injury I thought one of my students gave me last weekend turned into a huge one. I haven't been online because I have either been in the hospital, or in bed on high amounts of pain meds. Turns out I have an acute cervical neck strain. The only physical activity I'm allowed to do is walking... it's 25 degrees outside, snowing, icy, and I don't have a gym membership or a treadmill... ARGH!