Weight Loss Support - Do you get irritated when u r hungry

shalu
03-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Since today is Good Friday I thought i could fast till evening..I could control my hunger but not my temper. I got easily irritated by whatever mischievous silly stuff done by my daughter.I am sure i would not have reacted like this if i was not hugry.I became normal once i had food. Does hunger cause mood swifts. Do any one of you face such emotions when you are hungry?

zenor77
03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I get cranky when I've gone too long without eating too. I think it has to do with blood sugar levels.

JayEll
03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh yes... very cranky. This is pretty common, I think. Don't come between me and my food. ;)

Jay

Jadeybaby
03-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah I get very snappy if I'm hungry too

BlueToBlue
03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Definitely! I get very cranky when I'm hungry! :tantrum: Sometimes I have work meetings that will run over into my meal/snack times and I really have to be careful not to snap at people.

I don't know about blood sugar levels, but I'm pretty cranky any time I'm uncomfortable. If I'm in pain, if I don't get enough sleep, when I'm sick, when I'm hungry--all of those things make me cranky. :mad:

MissGiggles
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Yes. I think it has to do with changing blood sugar levels.

Sweetcaroline
03-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Cranky... oh ya... snippy... snarly... witchy... you name it... I eat, and all is well....

Lovely
03-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Yep. I get tired and very cranky/impatient when I don't get my food as scheduled. I'm like a kid! :lol:

Hat Trick
03-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah! You can be 23, 63 or 103 -- doesn't matter, everyone acts just like a 3 yr old when they're hungry. I think most people could handle life better and just be nicer all around if they just had a snack and a short nap. Works for me. :hun: :faint:

gailr42
03-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Total meltdown, here.

pipernoswiper
03-22-2008, 12:21 AM
my nephew has low blood sugar, when he doesnt eat every 3 to 4 hours he is intolerable.

Horo
03-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Oh, yes, definitely... My family knows me to be EXTREMELY irritable when I'm either hungry or tired. Also, God forbid that anyone comes even near me when I'm both... :b

nakedmango
03-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I definitely do. Among my friends at work I am, unfortunately, notorious for getting cranky if I wait too long for lunch. If we went out for lunch around 1 pm and I was a little testy they would realize it was the hunger being cranky and not me. :devil: Now I bring fruit to tide me over if I feel myself getting cranky, and it definitely helps. :cb:

tleef
03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
OH YES! Crankomatic right here when I'm hungry! In fact it's so obvious that I'll get home and for whatever reason I can't start dinner right away and before I know it my SO is bringing me a cheese string with a sheepish smile. He knows that I'll stop being so nasty as soon as I get a bit of food in me. He can read me like a book...it's kind of funny actually.

Cheers,
Tamara

Tomato
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't come between me and my food.
Jay

Yeap, that's exactly what I was going to say. :smug:

OnlyMeantWell
03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
I am a raging you-know-what when my blood sugar levels drop because I have not eaten. I try to control it, but it's really hard. I have such a short fuse if I don't eat. Also-if I don't get enough sleep I am really emotional. So no sleep + no eating = emotional demon woman

JasonsLea
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Same here. I'm worse if I haven't got any sleep.....it's best to clear the way!

SouthLake
03-24-2008, 02:18 AM
My husband and my own mother refuse to speak with me when I'm hungry...it's that bad.

StormLynn
03-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I get very irritable when I'm hungry. Always wondered why. But you are right...after eating it seems the world is okay again! Hang in there. We'll figure this out together!! Good luck.

BrandNewJen
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Oh my god, my hubby and I had a huge fight Good Friday just BECAUSE of this. I literally was so ENRAGED and just unreasonable that I had to be like, "Dude... dude... I literally feel CRAZY... you gotta leave me alone b/c I really feel like I'm f'ing crazy".

All because I didn't get to eat dinner. We were supposed to go out for a Fish Fry that evening before he had to work his evening job. I KNOW how bad a fish fry was so I basically fasted all day in anticiaption of dinner.

We get to the restaurant and it's a HUGE line. And we only have 1.5 hours to be there before he has to go to work and it's gonna be at LEAST an hour wait. He couldn't reach his boss to let him know he'd be late, I'm STARVING... the place smells delicious... we're crammed in with a TON of other people waiting... and I'm just getting angrier, angrier, angrier... and I snapped.

Snapped. Literally. B/c I wanted to eat NOW DAMMIT and it wasn't gonna happen. So I walked out. He tried following me, I yelled at him, ignored his texts... literally--- totally not his fault b/c he has to WORK... but I was just totally out of control.

::sigh:: I apologized later, but I really hurt his feelings. We had been having a LOT of problems with our marriage and are living apart for the past month... so it was a dinner we had planned weeks ago... Not good, Jen. Not good at all.

(We're okay now... talked it out and apologized--- ugh)

But yeah--- angry? Irritated? Mean? Witchy? Gotcha. That's the first time its happened this time around b/c I'm not starving myself to diet this time.

But a year or so ago, the last time I was dieting and not eating enough I had just fought with my hubby and was in tears and he just couldn't take it anymore. And he was like, "Jen??? Seriously--- I would rather have you FAT and HAPPY than have you dieting and a MISERABLE b*tch!!!!!"

That hit home really hard.

KateB
03-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Irritated??? WOW!!! That would be one of the nicer things my family says about me when I am hungry or tired. Maybe that explains me not being a morning person!!!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
03-24-2008, 01:07 PM
yes yes yes!!