Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 08:35 AM   #1  
Growing in Christ

Talking Christian Encouragers #136

Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.

Be sure to go back to CE'ers thread # 135 to catch up on the successes, blessings and trails of our lives.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:40 AM   #2  
Growing in Christ

Good Monday morning all. If you didn't check on the old thread... go do so!!!! This isn't the first post of the week!

I haven't talked w/dh yet this morning to see how his weigh in went.. but I lost another 3.75 lbs!! That puts me at 8 gone for these first two weeks.... too bad all the weeks won't be like the first few, huh???? That's okay.... as long as it is going down more than up.... I"ll get where I need to go, huh?

I'll be lurking around later to see how everyone's doing today!!!

Have a wonderful day w/our Lord!!!

Patricia

173/165/156(mini)/105ish (ultimate)
Old 02-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning All! It's a typical monday morning. I'd much rather be in bed than at work but I guess I need the money more than the sleep.

I had a great weekend. DH and I went up to a tiny cabin in the woods along with 9 other couples for a late Valentine's celebration. We had a super steak supper and an evening of fun. The men snowmobiled up to the cabin and the rest of us drove to meet them there. It was a nice break - especially since I didn't have to cook.

Sunday we had a potluck after church. The grads and parents met to plan for grad in June. Good fellowship there also. then we went home to watch the Olympic hockey game. Go Canada!! It was a nice relaxing day.

Sami: I'm so glad you're starting to notice your weight loss. The face first and then the rest follows! I am praying for the teen who lost his dad. what a tragedy.

Pravda: I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sherry: You are inspiration to me with your walking. I know I need to get out there. I can feel it in my waistline that I need to. You're doing great!!

Ginny: Decorating! I love it and I'm renting right now so I feel like I'm going through withdrawal. I could do whatever I want in this house but I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for long. The colours in this house are really nice so I don't really feel the need. What colour are you painting yours?

Zoe: I'm so glad you had a good vacation. The key now is not to look back on the food part of it but look forward. What will you do from here on?

Patricia: WOOOOWWWWW!!!!! 3.75 lbs. You are doing so awesome! Keep it up! You are a super example to me.

Everyone: Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-25-2002, 12:00 PM   #4  

Blessing this morning,
I have to make it quick this morning I hope to post more later but I wanted to share a blessing. I have been praying about my weight and motivation and yesterday I just knew I could do it!!! I have a peace about it and a renewed motivation. I can feel the peace that only prayer brings. I dreamed last night and I saw myself at my DD wedding and I was thin!!!!!!! With your support and prayer I can do it!!!!!! Here is my fist goal to lose 15 by Easter.

Thank you again for being here for me!
Sami
Old 02-25-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

Angry So I'm new here...

Just wanted to say hi!! I'm a newbie, 24 yo from Massachusetts. I'm not on the weight watchers plan, anyone else here not doing that??

I started my diet (a modified Slim-Fast plan) on Friday and have already lost 5 lbs!! I'm looking for some good support, as I'm addicted to message boards.. hoping to find some christian friends for support!!

I've been married for 7 months, just found out last Thursday I weigh the heaviest ever in my life (297 lbs) and found the motivation to finally make this work!! so here goes nothin!

Beth Anne
297/292/185
Old 02-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #6  

Angry Good MONDAY morning

WOW! Nice to see that some of us are losing weight! I am excited for you guys!!!!!
I am actually glad it is Monday! I have a renewed spirit. I was a total grouch all weekend, on pins and needles the entire time, the slightest thing set me off. I think I had eaten too much sugar and Carbs last week and it had caught up with me. So I decided last nite, that I was not going to allow myself to be my worst enemy any more! I am going to get back on track! And so far today I have been there!
Since I have PCOS, when I eat carbs and a lot of sugar I can feel it.

Sami- I am glad that you are feeling better about the issue of weight loss! I have made the same decision!

Well, back to work for me!
Pravda
Old 02-25-2002, 04:54 PM   #7  

Default Beth Anne

WELCOME!

You can do it! You have come to the right place for encouragement. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

I am not doing Weight Watchers, I am doing Sugar Busters. I have been for a few months. So far so good!

Good luck, if you have any questions, just let us know!

Pravda
262/252/135
mini goal 190 by August 13 2002
My 10 Aniversary
Old 02-25-2002, 07:17 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Beth Anne ~

welcome, welcome, welcome. You'll love it here, just the right place to be lifted up in the name of the Lord and to be able to share the joys and concerns, the ups and the downs of trying to change the way we eat and the way we look at food. Not everyone here is on WW so just do your own thing while relying on God for His support.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:26 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

Well, today was my 'start over' day. Thank you Lord, for allowing us to start over with You all the time. No matter what Whether it's our eating or a fall from Your grace, You are there to pick us up and dust us off. We thank you.......

with that said, I am SURE that y'all heard me screaming this morning when I got on the scale. At any rate, I am ready to begin again.....geeze, vacations just aren't good for someone trying to eat right. But I'm ready to get back on track and have nothing coming up to sabbotage me, not until May anyway.

Pravda and Sami ~ I know exactly what you mean about having a renewed spirit. I feel it too!! Last night, in bed, I prayed hard ~ hard enough to bring me to tears (well, that's easy for me to do on any given day. ) Anyway, I too feel this renewal and feel that I am going to give this weight up.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you're all doing well on this wonderful Monday evening......(did I say wonderful???) Wow, what a loooooonnnnnggggg day it was, after being on vacation. Have a great night!!

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220(heaviest)/195/148-153
Old 02-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #10  

Question Zoe

Where do you find your cool little images at the bottom of your posts? I think they are so cute! Would love to have some!

Just checking!

Glad to see that you are feeling renewed also! I have had a great day and am feeling like I have conquered a mountain!
I have finally realized, that I am in control of what goes into my body, I can say NO and it will not kill me!!!!!!!
I do not have to eat to feel good about me!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!

Anyway, enough of that!
Pravda
262/252/135
mini goal 190 by AUG 13
Old 02-25-2002, 09:09 PM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default Hooray I made it through the day

With the help of God I did it!! I even had a calorie attack and STILL made it. When I got home the choclates in the cabinet and mud pie ice cream was more than I can bear (usually not an issue) but I was able to use restraint! (yay for me) and actually managed to STILL come in under my points!!! YAY! And then I was very tempted to skip our nightly walk tonight, but managed to motivate myself, and didn't even need my husband to kick my butt out the door, and then we made our walk in 20 minutes instead of the 30 minutes it took on Saturday!! AND, I had no trouble with my asthma, even though it was only 38 degrees outside!! So praise the LORD for small miracles.. and for giving people the intelligence to create things like I Can't Believe its Not Butter Fat Free spray... and for creating vegetables like Green Beans and broccoli... so I can go to bed feeling full, but still under points!!

Have a blessed evening...
Love in Him to my sisters (And brothers?)
Old 02-25-2002, 10:14 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Welcome Beth Anne!!!!!
These ladies here are wonderful, and I know that they will be just a much of a blessing to you as they have been to me.
Sounds like you have done well today. Praise God for that.

Patricia! Wonderful news that the scales are still going down for you! I hope that Jack fared as well, so that you can rejoice together. WTG watching those points.\

Wilma- your weekend sounds wonderful. How nice that you and Dh could get away. I love to decorate too! Has that other house deal come thru for you? (the 50 year old fixer upper?)

Sami- great news that you have gotten your inspiration for dieting! Prayer works!!!!!! The Lord blesses those who seek His face.

Pravda- great for you that you too have regained your will to watch your eating! I hope that you feel the results of better quickly, to keep your inspiration up.

Zoe- you sound like a bundle of motivation!!!!!!! Great! And thanks for reminding us that He allows us to start over, fresh and clean. (so why am I so good at beating up on myself?)

We had a strange weekend- lots of cleaning and working around the house. But we were all together and got along well, which was a blessing.
Tomorrow I am at work...... which brings that subject up.... a tough one for me. The time has come when the stress level of work and family life (where I get very little help) has really gotten to me. I would like to step out of the work force for something simpler. Dh is supportive of this, at times. Then there are times that he is not. Praise God, he has a good job, although the company he is employed is basically nasty (which is where I work too). Neither of us feel that having both of us in that rather evil (yes, evil) environment is good. I am willing to do with less..... but am not sure about Dh's committment to that. Please pray for us- for wisdom in this decision, protection of our family and relationships thru the change and the Lord's guidance with regards to what He wants me to do. Thank you.

I had better go get some sleep, it is getting late.
Have a peaceful night.
Ginny
Old 02-25-2002, 11:19 PM   #13  

A BIG Welcome to Beth Ann. I am not doing WW either. I don't have the time to go to meetings (I work full time evenings and I have 6 children) I know for me the eating out kills me and sugar! The best advice I can give you is ONE MEAL AT A TIME! I have set my first mini goal to 15lbs by Easter and I am hoping all of you hold me to it! When I look at pictures of me when I was thin I could cry! My Mom is about 5' and 100 lbs! OH Why didn't I take after her? LOL!

I was thin growing up and over the married years I have gainned and lost the same 70 lbs. But in the last 5 years I have had a lot of health problem and the meds have put on the weight.

I am looking forward to learning more about you and I am lifting you up in Prayer!

I had a good day and every day will get better! Have a blessed night.
Sami
Old 02-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

I love the positive attitude around here! It sure is inspiring.

Beth Anne: Welcome!! This is a great place to come for encouragement. It also sounds like you're well on your way to thinnness! We look forward to getting to know you.

Sami: I sure hope your dream comes true. Let's get it off together!

Pravda: WTG with staying on track. You're doing great! Isn't it wonderful to feel good about yourself?

Zoe: Here's to a new beginning for you. We're here for you!!

Ginny: I'll be praying for you in your decision. It's a tough one. Sometimes it's hard to know what God's will in our life is.

We decided not to go for the 50 year old house. We would have to spend too much money to fix it up and we wouldn't recover that amount if we were to sell it. We're waiting for something more suitable for us. It's hard to be patient though.

Hello to everyone else! Let us know how you're doing!!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:30 PM   #15  
Losin It For GOOD!

Default IT's a good day

Even though some kindly person hit my husband's car in the parking lot this morning, and didn't leave a note or anything..

I got my new laptop at work today, yay, and I'm NOT hungry for the first time I've started this diet!! With the help of my best friend I revamped my program last night, because I was hungry ALL THE TIME, and it definately seems to have worked, so yay for that.

I hope the rest of you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!
Closed Thread