Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #136

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #136

losing4good
02-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.

Be sure to go back to CE'ers thread # 135 to catch up on the successes, blessings and trails of our lives.

losing4good
02-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Good Monday morning all. If you didn't check on the old thread... go do so!!!! This isn't the first post of the week! ;)

I haven't talked w/dh yet this morning to see how his weigh in went.. but I lost another 3.75 lbs!! That puts me at 8 gone for these first two weeks.... too bad all the weeks won't be like the first few, huh???? :lol: That's okay.... as long as it is going down more than up.... I"ll get where I need to go, huh?

I'll be lurking around later to see how everyone's doing today!!!

Have a wonderful day w/our Lord!!!

Patricia

173/165/156(mini)/105ish (ultimate)

wilma12
02-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Good Morning All! It's a typical monday morning. I'd much rather be in bed than at work but I guess I need the money more than the sleep.

I had a great weekend. DH and I went up to a tiny cabin in the woods along with 9 other couples for a late Valentine's celebration. We had a super steak supper and an evening of fun. The men snowmobiled up to the cabin and the rest of us drove to meet them there. It was a nice break - especially since I didn't have to cook.

Sunday we had a potluck after church. The grads and parents met to plan for grad in June. Good fellowship there also. then we went home to watch the Olympic hockey game. Go Canada!! It was a nice relaxing day.

Sami: I'm so glad you're starting to notice your weight loss. The face first and then the rest follows! I am praying for the teen who lost his dad. what a tragedy.

Pravda: I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sherry: You are inspiration to me with your walking. I know I need to get out there. I can feel it in my waistline that I need to. You're doing great!!

Ginny: Decorating! I love it and I'm renting right now so I feel like I'm going through withdrawal. I could do whatever I want in this house but I wouldn't be able to enjoy it for long. The colours in this house are really nice so I don't really feel the need. What colour are you painting yours?

Zoe: I'm so glad you had a good vacation. The key now is not to look back on the food part of it but look forward. What will you do from here on?

Patricia: WOOOOWWWWW!!!!! 3.75 lbs. You are doing so awesome! Keep it up! You are a super example to me.

Everyone: Have a wonderful day!

sami
02-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Blessing this morning,
I have to make it quick this morning I hope to post more later but I wanted to share a blessing. I have been praying about my weight and motivation and yesterday I just knew I could do it!!! I have a peace about it and a renewed motivation. I can feel the peace that only prayer brings. I dreamed last night and I saw myself at my DD wedding and I was thin!!!!!!! With your support and prayer I can do it!!!!!! Here is my fist goal to lose 15 by Easter.

Thank you again for being here for me!
Sami

BA99TJ
02-25-2002, 03:48 PM
Just wanted to say hi!! I'm a newbie, 24 yo from Massachusetts. I'm not on the weight watchers plan, anyone else here not doing that??

I started my diet (a modified Slim-Fast plan) on Friday and have already lost 5 lbs!! I'm looking for some good support, as I'm addicted to message boards.. hoping to find some christian friends for support!!

I've been married for 7 months, just found out last Thursday I weigh the heaviest ever in my life (297 lbs) and found the motivation to finally make this work!! so here goes nothin!

Beth Anne
297/292/185

pravda
02-25-2002, 04:37 PM
WOW! Nice to see that some of us are losing weight! I am excited for you guys!!!!!
I am actually glad it is Monday! I have a renewed spirit. I was a total grouch all weekend, on pins and needles the entire time, the slightest thing set me off. I think I had eaten too much sugar and Carbs last week and it had caught up with me. So I decided last nite, that I was not going to allow myself to be my worst enemy any more! I am going to get back on track! And so far today I have been there!
Since I have PCOS, when I eat carbs and a lot of sugar I can feel it. :dizzy:

Sami- I am glad that you are feeling better about the issue of weight loss! I have made the same decision!

Well, back to work for me!
Pravda

pravda
02-25-2002, 04:54 PM
WELCOME!

You can do it! You have come to the right place for encouragement. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

I am not doing Weight Watchers, I am doing Sugar Busters. I have been for a few months. So far so good!

Good luck, if you have any questions, just let us know!

Pravda
262/252/135
mini goal 190 by August 13 2002
My 10 Aniversary

Zoe
02-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Hi Beth Anne ~ :wave:

welcome, welcome, welcome. You'll love it here, just the right place to be lifted up in the name of the Lord and to be able to share the joys and concerns, the ups and the downs of trying to change the way we eat and the way we look at food. Not everyone here is on WW so just do your own thing while relying on God for His support.

Zoe
02-25-2002, 07:26 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Well, today was my 'start over' day. Thank you Lord, for allowing us to start over with You all the time. No matter what Whether it's our eating or a fall from Your grace, You are there to pick us up and dust us off. We thank you.......

with that said, I am SURE that y'all heard me screaming this morning when I got on the scale. :eek: At any rate, I am ready to begin again.....geeze, vacations just aren't good for someone trying to eat right. :( But I'm ready to get back on track and have nothing coming up to sabbotage me, not until May anyway. :)

Pravda and Sami ~ I know exactly what you mean about having a renewed spirit. I feel it too!! Last night, in bed, I prayed hard ~ hard enough to bring me to tears (well, that's easy for me to do on any given day. :lol:) Anyway, I too feel this renewal and feel that I am going to give this weight up.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you're all doing well on this wonderful Monday evening......(did I say wonderful???) Wow, what a loooooonnnnnggggg day it was, after being on vacation. Have a great night!!

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220(heaviest)/195/148-153

pravda
02-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Where do you find your cool little images at the bottom of your posts? I think they are so cute! Would love to have some!

Just checking!

Glad to see that you are feeling renewed also! I have had a great day and am feeling like I have conquered a mountain!
I have finally realized, that I am in control of what goes into my body, I can say NO and it will not kill me!!!!!!!
I do not have to eat to feel good about me!!!!!
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!

:lol: :)
Anyway, enough of that!
Pravda
262/252/135
mini goal 190 by AUG 13

BA99TJ
02-25-2002, 09:09 PM
With the help of God I did it!! I even had a calorie attack and STILL made it. When I got home the choclates in the cabinet and mud pie ice cream was more than I can bear (usually not an issue) but I was able to use restraint! (yay for me) and actually managed to STILL come in under my points!!! YAY! And then I was very tempted to skip our nightly walk tonight, but managed to motivate myself, and didn't even need my husband to kick my butt out the door, and then we made our walk in 20 minutes instead of the 30 minutes it took on Saturday!! AND, I had no trouble with my asthma, even though it was only 38 degrees outside!! So praise the LORD for small miracles.. and for giving people the intelligence to create things like I Can't Believe its Not Butter Fat Free spray... and for creating vegetables like Green Beans and broccoli... so I can go to bed feeling full, but still under points!!

Have a blessed evening...
Love in Him to my sisters (And brothers?)

ECmom
02-25-2002, 10:14 PM
Welcome Beth Anne!!!!!
These ladies here are wonderful, and I know that they will be just a much of a blessing to you as they have been to me.
Sounds like you have done well today. Praise God for that.

Patricia! Wonderful news that the scales are still going down for you! I hope that Jack fared as well, so that you can rejoice together. WTG watching those points.\

Wilma- your weekend sounds wonderful. How nice that you and Dh could get away. I love to decorate too! Has that other house deal come thru for you? (the 50 year old fixer upper?)

Sami- great news that you have gotten your inspiration for dieting! Prayer works!!!!!! The Lord blesses those who seek His face.

Pravda- great for you that you too have regained your will to watch your eating! I hope that you feel the results of better quickly, to keep your inspiration up.

Zoe- you sound like a bundle of motivation!!!!!!! Great! And thanks for reminding us that He allows us to start over, fresh and clean. (so why am I so good at beating up on myself?)

We had a strange weekend- lots of cleaning and working around the house. But we were all together and got along well, which was a blessing.
Tomorrow I am at work...... which brings that subject up.... a tough one for me. The time has come when the stress level of work and family life (where I get very little help) has really gotten to me. I would like to step out of the work force for something simpler. Dh is supportive of this, at times. Then there are times that he is not. Praise God, he has a good job, although the company he is employed is basically nasty (which is where I work too). Neither of us feel that having both of us in that rather evil (yes, evil) environment is good. I am willing to do with less..... but am not sure about Dh's committment to that. Please pray for us- for wisdom in this decision, protection of our family and relationships thru the change and the Lord's guidance with regards to what He wants me to do. Thank you.

I had better go get some sleep, it is getting late.
Have a peaceful night.
Ginny

sami
02-25-2002, 11:19 PM
A BIG Welcome to Beth Ann. I am not doing WW either. I don't have the time to go to meetings (I work full time evenings and I have 6 children) I know for me the eating out kills me and sugar! The best advice I can give you is ONE MEAL AT A TIME! I have set my first mini goal to 15lbs by Easter and I am hoping all of you hold me to it! When I look at pictures of me when I was thin I could cry! My Mom is about 5' and 100 lbs! OH Why didn't I take after her? LOL!

I was thin growing up and over the married years I have gainned and lost the same 70 lbs. But in the last 5 years I have had a lot of health problem and the meds have put on the weight.

I am looking forward to learning more about you and I am lifting you up in Prayer!

I had a good day and every day will get better! Have a blessed night.
Sami

wilma12
02-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I love the positive attitude around here! It sure is inspiring.

Beth Anne: Welcome!! This is a great place to come for encouragement. It also sounds like you're well on your way to thinnness! We look forward to getting to know you.

Sami: I sure hope your dream comes true. Let's get it off together!

Pravda: WTG with staying on track. You're doing great! Isn't it wonderful to feel good about yourself?

Zoe: Here's to a new beginning for you. We're here for you!!

Ginny: I'll be praying for you in your decision. It's a tough one. Sometimes it's hard to know what God's will in our life is.

We decided not to go for the 50 year old house. We would have to spend too much money to fix it up and we wouldn't recover that amount if we were to sell it. We're waiting for something more suitable for us. It's hard to be patient though.

Hello to everyone else! Let us know how you're doing!!

BA99TJ
02-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Even though some kindly person hit my husband's car in the parking lot this morning, and didn't leave a note or anything..

I got my new laptop at work today, yay, and I'm NOT hungry for the first time I've started this diet!! With the help of my best friend I revamped my program last night, because I was hungry ALL THE TIME, and it definately seems to have worked, so yay for that.

I hope the rest of you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!

Zoe
02-26-2002, 07:36 PM
Hello my friends....I am here tonight to let you all know that, with all my uplifting words and my "we can start over" speech, I have yet to get back on track. I am eating without thinking, eating without counting, eating without caring. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????? I am here to confess this in hopes that something gets triggered in my brain. I really DID feel a renewed spirit on Sunday night for Monday's "starting over" day. I promise you, I really mean it Lord, I DID FEEL IT.....I WANT to feel it.....I have prayed through tears, I have felt near tears today just thinking of how BIG I am going to be this spring and summer, I can cry at the fact that I had to wear the same pair of pants to work 2 days in a row because nothing fits me. <sigh>

I pray that you are all doing well and I will be back online tomorrow.

Love to you all, In the name of Jesus,
Zoe <><

BA99TJ
02-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Zoe... We all have bad days. No Guilt, Move On!! Make tomorrow your good day!!! we always have a new chance to start over, which is the beauty of God's plan.

I am praying for you that you will find the strength to endure whatever trials may face you tomorrow, and that you will overcome any temptations!!!

Love in Him,
Your Sister,
Beth Anne

sami
02-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I had a great day in the eating dept. I am really starting to tell. It is the little things that keeps me striving for the big goal. I went to the tanning bed last night boy do I feel better! I know I suffer from lack of sunlight (SADD?) I called the Dr. office to ask about my leg (I have a place on my leg that is numb. It doesn't hurt but it feels wierd. And of course the dr said come in right away. I have to go Wens at 1:00. Pray that it is something simple.

Wilma-I did a FIX IT UP at my old house and it was hard. We spent all are free time working on the house. It turned out to look like a show place. But I don't think I could go through that again. We slep on the floor for months in unfinshed rooms. You will know when it is right. God has something special for you.

Zoe-I have done the same thing over and over. But I am here to tell you I am NOT going to let you give up!!!! Just remember one meal at a time. If you mess up one meal there is alway another! It is always hard to get back on the wagon because we know we have done it many times before and only fell back off. And I have ask myself many times WHY can't I control what I eat? Satan wants us to give up. He wants to show us he can win. And We CAN'T let him win. I will be lifting you up in prayer. Wensday is a new day and I know you can do it.

Beth Ann-It sounds like you have a balanced diet. I know if I get use to eating at the same time every day that help with the hunger also. And if you are like me you can't give up every bad habit at once or I will never stick to it. I work on one bad habit at a time.

To all others sorry for not addressing everyone tonight but I did a dumb thing last night. It started snowing and they were talking about 3-6 inches so I knew there would be no school today. So I stayed up real late last night. Guess What/ Just a little snow and I had to get up early to take the kids to school. I need some sleep LOL!

Praying for an OP day,
Sami

Eeyore's Sun
02-27-2002, 01:54 AM
How is everyone this morning? :wave:

I have been MIA some this week but have had difficulty getting into the site for some reason. :shrug: I went to WI tonight and lost ONE lb. I know I should be so happy but on my scales I had lost FOUR lbs. It's kinda like going to the market for canteloupe and coming home with a lemon. But I know I 'm losing inches, my clothes are fitting different and even my DH has noticed the changes.

Patricia~Beth Anne~All the losers Congratulations!!!!! Here's some loser bubbles just for you . . . . . O o ~OO Oo O oO~ o Oo O Oo ~ o O Oo O O ~Oo Oo O O ~oO o Oo O ~O o Oo O O ~oO o O o O~o O OO oO ~O oO o O O~O oO o O oO ~O Oo o O Oo ~OO Oo O oO ~O o Oo O O~ oO O O oO o ~O oO O!!!!!!!!!

Patricia~ Sounds like you and your DH are right on track. Good job! How Joshua? I miss hearing about him.

Wilma~ Sounds like a wonderful Valentine celebration! I love going to the cabin and spending quality time. Sounds also like you have a wonderful DH. ;)

Sami~ You CAN do this! You have set a high goal. 15 lbs is a lot to lose in only one month. I'm not saying you can't do it but it will take a lot of work and dedication. Of course, our prayers are with you with your leg and DOV (Dr office visit). Hope everything comes out well.

Beth Anne~ WELCOME!!!!!! YOu are doing so good with your weight loss! Welcome here to a wonderful bunch of ladies! I know you will feel right at home. I am impressed with your walking in 38 degrees with asthma! You go girl!!!

Pravda~Zoe~ Congrats on your renewed spirit! Just take one day at a time and let God have the glory and fight the :devil: and NOT let hime have the victory. Before you eat anything, pray and ask God to let you know if it's real hunger or not. Turn it all over to HIM. In other words, Put on the whole armor of God!

Ginny~ Glad you had a good weekend. Praying for God to show you HIS will for your life and what direction HE would have you go. Stay strong and look up for answers.

Well, I better go back to bed. I won't want to get up in the morning. LOL Nighters my friends.

BA99TJ
02-27-2002, 07:51 AM
And another 3 lbs gone forever!! I could hardly believe it when I stepped on the scale this morning!! I've gone for a walk with my DH the last two nights... we've been going the same route every night, and shaved another 3 minutes off how long it took last night. And I've been sleeping like a baby!! It's amazing me how this new eating and exercising plan has ALREADY had such a huge impact on how I feel! No asthma problems AT ALL (praise the LORD for that!) and I haven't even had to take my inhalers (the true miracle!) They have told me my asthma will only get better the more weight I lose.

I'm just so glad I've finally found the internal motivation to do this...

Have a blessed day, will write more later.. I think I hear the trash man coming!! AHH!

wilma12
02-27-2002, 10:08 AM
Good Morning All! It sounds like you are all doing well. I guess it's time I got off my duff and got moving. I had all intentions of going for a walk after work but on the drive home I saw the snow blowing across the road (which means a cold wind) so I wimped out. I've had meetings the past 2 evenings so I haven't done anything. I have been eating properly so that's a plus and my water intake has been good.

Zoe: See? You're not the only one struggling. Let's get ourselves out of this mess and carry on. I'm glad that there are some gals being successful because it gives me inspiration to carry on.

Beth ann: WTG! You're off to a great start. BTW, I sneaked a peak at your wedding website. You were a beautiful bride!

Patricia: What matters most is that you lost! You're doing great!

Sami: What did the doc say about your leg? I hope you're okay.

Pravda, Gutchie, and anyone else I missed: Have a super day!!

ECmom
02-27-2002, 11:16 AM
Good Morning!!!!!!!
Just a quick check in to say hello, no time at the present for a long post.
It is so hard to keep your inspiration up, I know!!!! I will be praying for you ladies wh are struggling with taking that first step- and going foward. One thing that I found helpful last October when I regained my incentive was I logged on here each day what I ate. (Ok, I did not leave all I consumed if it was a disaster day, but if it was a good day I posted that). That way I was inspired to at least have more good days than bad. And, praise God the weight is slowly coming off. Prayer helps so much.
Thanks too for your encouragment about my job decision. I am still so shaky about this..........finding it hard to really trust the Lord with this..........but I feel that long term this is better for me and my family. There will probably be some tight financial times for a while and I pray that I do not lose focus on what is right to do.

I weighed in last nite and lost .5#:lol: , 154 #. I am just glad that the scale is going down.
I hope to check in later and see how everyone's day is going.
Blessings to you all.
Ginny

pravda
02-27-2002, 12:47 PM
Just thought that I would say hello! Good to see that everyone seems to be doing great. I am feeling great today. I felt like a little color. ITs beautiful outside today! I wish I could be out there enjoying it, but I have to be at work. I will not get home unitl late tonite, SO I will miss it. I guess I will have to go take a walk during lunch! I hope everyone has a great and blessed day! :moo:

Pravda

Doin It Right
02-27-2002, 05:54 PM
Hi Christian Chicks,
I'd to rejoin this group. I joined a while back but wasn't able to keep up with it. I have to warn you that I am not good about alot of posts etc. I have been kicked off another list for that reason. I have lost 60 lbs and have another 50 to go minimum. I love the Lord and have been born again for 19 years. I am married,40 something and have 2 kids. I work full time , school cafeteria manager. Right now I am spending alot of time with some Joyce Meyers tapes on Crucifying the Flesh/Yielding to the Spirit /Mental Strongholds and Mindsets,etc. I know the struggle is in my thinking and saying and believing, that's where the work needs to be done. I think I can't even see myself smaller it has been so long since I was smaller than I am right now. Actually over 20 years ago. Anyway a long post to introduce myself.
Dee
301/241/195

Zoe
02-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Good Evening fellow CE-er's

Tonight, I feel good about the fact that I confessed my problems to you all but not so good since I'm STILL struggling but you know, I think that things will get better......after being on vacation, this first week back was just so difficult. Maybe (and with lots of prayers) after I get through this week, I'll be okay. I'm counting on it. :)

Dee ~ welcome, welcome, welcome!! Glad you are 'back' with us. You mean that you were asked to leave another thread because you didn't post alot or address people?? How awful. You are welcome here, your input and ideas, your prayer requests and joys....feel free to post anything, any time. :)

Thank you all for the encouraging words you all have given me. I really appreciate you all and I know that things will get better....they have to. All your uplifting words have really made me smile and I know I will get out of the slump I'm in.

Love in Christ,

PeachyMom
02-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Zoe I will be lifting you up in prayers:angel:

Oh I know this dieting is the pits....But just do it for YOU!

I too have had a rough few days...the scales just won't move. It has been cold so I have not been out walking as much as I need to.

I pray that our Father God will bless you all with a wonderful Thursday.

Your Sister in Christ:)
Monica

BA99TJ
02-27-2002, 10:37 PM
So here in good ole Massachusetts, we went from 60 degrees this morning, to 2 inches of snow by commuting time!! Unbelieveable. I wasn't expecting anything (especially not snow!) before my ride home, so I wore sandals this morning (big clunky berkenstock-style)... needless to say my tootsies were chilly and wet!!!

So I made 2 different vegetarian soups from the Weight Watchers Veggie Cookbook... Tomatoe and Ravioli soup and Minestrone Soup. (Ravioli soup = 5 points for 1.5 cups, Minestrone Soup = 3 points for 2 cups) They were pretty easy to make, although I had to cut up onions.. Boy do I HATE that... I seem to "cry" wayyyy above and beyond the normal person... I literally had to wash the knife/table/cutting board, my hands and face before the tears finally stopped.

But now I have lots of healthy soup in gladware ready to go (and told the dh about it too) so we have good lunches for quite a while! Yay!

So Jesus definately sustained me today... It's great learning to look to him for my comfort, rather than food.

My biggest problem is now that I'm watching what I eat, I can't seem to eat enough points!!! So hopefully I will learn how to balance better soon.

My prayer is that I have challenged my dad to do this with me. He is VERY overweight, and I worry every day he'll have a heart attack or something, and he has FINALLY agreed to go on a diet!!! I told him I would hold him accountable, and he said he was thinking the same thing.

his response to my weight: "WOW! That's a lot!". But he didn't tell me his. Well one pound at a time I guess... I don't even know how he can track his progress, as their scale only goes to 300 lbs, and I know he weighs at least 100-150 more than that!!

I am praying that you all will have a new fresh day tomorrow, and that our Lord Jesus will give you the strength to overcome any trials you may face!!

Goodnight, Ladies :)

BA99TJ
02-28-2002, 07:34 AM
So I guess I'm becoming a major poster on this board :) It's hard to believe, but according to my scale at home, I have lost ANOTHER 2 lbs. I'm frightened by how much food I must have been eating before.. and excited about how much I have been able to kick my metabolism into gear by eating smaller, healthier meals, more fiber, and vitamins!! I know this pace of weight loss WILL NOT keep up, but I am glad it is working for now. I have put a lot of effort in this time, and so it is nice to see such drastic results.

I really can't believe how bad my eating habits were.. but I guess I always knew they weren't great. I never realized how many calories a day I was eating... and I thought I was eating better before I Started this!!

So here's to a new day, to accomplishments made and goals met, and to a healthier us! I am praying for you all!

ECmom
02-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!!
I am off to Bible study this morning...........some time with the Lord and fellowship with believers. The house is a mess and I should really stay home and clean but I think (who am I kidding I know!) I need to go.

Welcome Dee! That sure sounds odd~ getting thrown off of a thread for not posting! Welcome back here. One thing this thread is known for is lots of encouragment. Stop in and say hi when you can. And congrats on the weight that you have lost already!

Monica~ great to hear from you. Hang in there. Better weather is comming (it is cold down by you!) and walking will be easier.

BethAnne!!!!!COngrats on the 2# loss! And wonderful too that your father is joining you. I think we all hear ya on the eating thing. When I think of all the food I used to consume.......well no wonder I was so heavy! That is why these programs(WW, Atkins etc...) are helpful. Just to show us where we are making a mistake with our eating. Kind of like trials that the Lord allows to come into our lives, to show us how we can be more like Him!

Zoe- You can do this!!!! I want you to stand up and start singing,girl, OK???????

"Standing on the promises I cannot fail,
Listening every moment to the Spirit's call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all
Standing on the promises of God!

Standing, Standing, standing on the promises of God my savior,
Standing, standing.............I'm standing on the promises of God!"
Have a great day!
Ginny

wilma12
02-28-2002, 10:30 AM
It's a frosty -29C here - that's -20F. I hope this doesn't last long. I was going to go for a walk yesterday after work but with it being so cold and the wind really strong I decided not to. There were wind chill warnings and that means it's cold!!

DH didn't get home until late last night so I relaxed after supper. I have the day off tomorrow so I can get some work done. Oldest DS is coming home tomorrow for a week. It'll be nice to connect with him again. Please pray for him. He wants to work at camp again this summer but needs to find someone who will hire him for May and June. Not many employers will hire someone for just two months. We hope he can find some casual work.

Ginny: I hope you had a good Bible Study this morning. I used to be able to go to ladies' groups but now with work I can't. I do go to one on Tuesday evenings and I find them a real blessing.

Beth anne: You're really on a roll! Keep up the good work.

Monica: I too know the value of walking and am praying for warmer weather. Remember that even if the scale isn't moving the inches are!!

Zoe: Here's a bright cheerful colour for you!! Let's help each other out of the pot hole. I have a feeling we're both sitting in the same one! :lol:

Dee: Welcome back! I think I remember you. It has been a long time. Don't ever worry about being kicked out of here. Please join us when you can. We're here for you!!

I've been reading Suzanne's journal and she's going through a really rough time right now. Please pray for her.

Have a wonderful day!! (I thought we all needed a little colour in our lives!)

ECmom
02-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Hi!
I am so glad that I went to study today! (to remember that I was not so sure about this group a few weeks ago). I really needed the time with His people and in His word. Thank you Lord for getting me there!

Wilma- sorry it is so cold there!!!!!!! Enjoy your quiet evening and day off. Planning on doing any quilting? I will remember Ds in prayer too.

My eating was fair- I kind of got off track mid day and but ended well. I snuck in a walk in this cold wind, but it felt good to get out.
Have a blessed evening.
Ginny

Doin It Right
02-28-2002, 08:54 PM
Thanks so much for all the welcomes. I really do feel welcome here.

Zoe, an idea to help get you going. Sit now and write out a statement of what you want to achieve with your weight loss and what will you be able to do then that you don't do now. Allow the Holy Spirit to give you a new vision and goal. And a new hope.

I think for me this will be a area that will need my attention and being always aware that the flesh wants a resurrection. I think I will always need to check myself, and pull back when I see the signs that any food is starting to get a hold on me. I find even healthy food can become a obcession and then I'm on my way to overeating again.

I weighed in today and lost 2 lbs. This was for a 2 week period as I had to miss my WI last week due to a tournament my daughter was in.

Dee
301/243/195

Zoe
02-28-2002, 09:54 PM
Good Evening my friends ~

Tomorrow is another Friday, YEAH! What a week! After being on vacation for the 10 days prior to Monday, it made this week so long, so stressful so I'm glad it's over. And, with all the stress of my first week back, came a difficult time getting back in the 'diet' mode so I'm really praying about it now that I have this week under my belt.

Beth Anne ~ Your weather sounds like ours. It was 78 degrees Saturday and Sunday and then WHAM!!! It's 19 degrees Monday and Tuesday morning! Crazy ~ Hey, I want you to know that your posts are SO uplifting so thank you, thanks a bunch!! :D:D

Monica ~ Thank you for your prayers.....I know that I need to do it for ME and I am praying about this.

Ginny ~ I wish I could go to a bible study. There are so many that are around but I work all day and can't go. Yes, they have them at night too and I am going to try to find one.......oh, and yes, I'll try that SINGING thing.....I works, especially when we're singing our praises to the Lord. :D

Wilma ~ wow, -20??!!?? I remember having -20 degrees when I lived in the Catskill Mts of NY state......whoa.....don't wanna go there anymore....but geeze, our 19 ` was bad too but not like yours. Keep warm girl!! My prayers for son finding work for those 2 months.

Dee ~ WTG on losing those 2 pounds. 2 pounds is 2 pounds is 2 pounds. And I'm going to take your advise about writing ~ I think that's a great idea, thanks!!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're all having a great eveing. Thank you all for your uplifting words....I know I'll be okay soon.

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

BA99TJ
03-01-2002, 03:08 PM
Thank God its friday!!! We made it through another week! I still weigh the same this morning, but we can't expect to lose everyday, and at least I didn't go up :)

I kinda pigged out at lunch today.. it was my first lunch at a restaurant.. and I had printed out point values for food at this restaurant, but they didn't have ANY of those courses available!! so I tried to do as little damage as possible, but I have no idea how many points I ate. My friend is trying to figure it out for me, so I'll soon know.

I'm having a hard time with the walking thing.. my husband hasn't been able to walk with me the last 2 days, and I don't like walking alone in my neighborhood.. so tonight I'm planning to go to my parents after work and walk there with my dogs. We'll see if I manage to do it!! AT least I've been eating OP for the most part, and have been doing my weightlifting, and chores around the house to keep myself moving. I guess we need a treadmill or something (even though it would NEVER fit in my tiny apartment!!!)

I hope you are all doing well, you are in my prayers... I will try to post over the weekend, but if I don't, enjoy it!!

EZMONEY
03-02-2002, 12:38 AM
Hello ladies--I came across this site a few days ago looking for a low fat recipe. I am new at this computer stuff [just learned how to e-mail a couple of weeks ago---so I could talk to my daughter away at college] Anyway I saw the BBBB thread and sent a note there, I have tried to get through to your group several times but I always mess it up. Then I have to wait for my wife or son to help me out. I will fill you guys in with details of my life later but for now just letting you know that I will be praying for your success!!! IN CHRIST

Zoe
03-02-2002, 08:34 AM
Hello EZMONEY ~ come see us on #137 :D