Old 03-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something Chat: Fri. March 21

Good morning!

We were up early at our house this a.m. - at least two of were!

Snow here again - we are supposd to get 3-5 inches. I have lunch plans, so it will be a nice sloppy drive to that.

Holli - nice to see your post. Sorry that you have had such a rough month or so. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Have a good day everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Been MIA the last few days...kids home from school=lots to do. Haven't had a lot of time to myself, which is okay. However, I am down a few pounds which is nice. I'm telling ya, it's the Punta Cana trip that's doing it!! I've upped the intensity of my treadmill workouts...jogged a FULL MILE STRAIGHT today, walked the other mile on an incline...I've been doing doing 2 miles every other day, and the other days doing a killer Tony Horton Ab workout, seeing such a difference there..also practicing my bellydancing (which I LOVE!!), and it's really helping too.

Anyway, gotta get going...need a shower, Cadence needs a bath, and we have a few eerrands to run before picking up Frankie at MIL's from his sleepover. Then I'm having two kids over this afternoon...I promise to get caught up on posting this weekend...

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

((hugs))

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #3  

Oh, one more thing...I changed my goal weight. When I got pregnant with my son, I was 28 years old, working out 6 days/week and weighed 150...I was in really good shape, so I've decided that is where I think I will be happy. Iweighed 140 a few years ago, but was not really working out, just super dieting for my sister's wedding (which is probably why it all came back, lol). Anyway, we shall see...maybe I'll revise it again...
Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Good morning, Dawn, and everyone!! Dawn, I can't believe that yesterday you mentioned weather in the 50's and today, you mention snow! Things have been dreary and dismal here, and I am just so sick of it. Yesterday evening, it was great here, though. The Sun, our long distant pal, showed up, affording me a beautiful walk. I walked longer than expected (my chihuahua has still not recovered!) and felt great!

Holli, it was great to "meet" you through your post. I will certainly pray for you this evening. I can just imagine how scary this time is for you. I look forward to getting to know you better.

I do have a question for you ladies. I know that etiquette differs from web site to web site, and have a question about 3FC. I work from home, so the computer is on all day. With this site, I will be leaving it up, and refreshing a couple times per day. So, I will appear online when I may be away from the computer. That is my question: Should I be closing the window every time, as to not appear online when I am not? Maybe it is not a big deal, but this forum is much more intimate than others I have been on, which is why I wondered about this.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday. This morning I mentioned T.G.I.F. to my son. Thought he would have heard it before, but he had not. I told him that it was around long before the text messaging craze, which he did not believe. So, he asked if God said it first (to be a smart a*s) and I said, "No, God said, T.M.I.F.!" So, I got a good ten minutes of quiet while he figured out what that meant!! AHHH, day #1 of Spring break!!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  

pmaci, we were posting at the same time, which is why I only said "good morning" to Dawn by first name!!

Good luck on your goals. You weigh my son's racing number (155) right now!! Can't wait until I am that weight!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #6  

good morning...no preschool for little mario today..they are closed...so i am taking him to mil's house...he will be happy..im going to let him sleep until its time to go and just put him in the car in his jammies...its supposed to be nice here today..its been pretty decent...a little cold but beautiful to look at...other than that nothing exciting going on

dawn: have a good lunch out

pam: congrats on the weight loss

holli: i hope you get better...im sure it was very scary!....take care of yourself and check back in as soon as you can!

welll....better go get ready for work...ITS FRIDAY!....have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

I'm home today with the boys, DH has to work, my company is closed. We were out early though, picking up MIL from the car dealership where she dropped off for service. Then we went to WM to find gifts for the boys, since MIL gave them 20. each. They each got a Thomas kite, for $1/ea.!! Oh well..

Moto, no problem staying on all day. Just pop on whenever you want!

Dawn, I'm done with snow!! I don't want to see or hear about it anymore! It's sunny, but windy and a little chilly here today. I don't think it's hit 40 yet...

Holli!! Girl, I'm soo sorry about what you're going through. I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday! This week went by super fast for us! I was worried about keeping the kiddos busy all week, but with my brother coming in, the task was rather easy! We took the kids to the mall one day to Gameworks and let them play and we got lunch. Yesterday we took them to the Ft. Worth Stockyards to have lunch and see the cattle drive. They had fun. My brother left this morning because I believe they have snow in the forcast tomorrow and they need to get ready for Easter. I do as well. I haven't done any preps for Easter! I am gonna get my work out on, beings I did a very skimpy work out yesterday and I am feeling "bigger" today with all the eating out we did with family here, then I need to go do some shopping. I haven't been able to catch up on the chats from the past couple days, but will do so later this afternoon and reply to everyone.
Dawn, be careful out and about today with yucky roads! and enjoy your lunch!
Pam, great job on the accomplishments! I am still pushing thru jogging one lap at a time! My goal is to be able to jog a mile, but I am not there yet!
Motomom, lol about the TMIF comment to your son. I have to admit, I had to think about it for about 10 seconds before I figured it out! lol
Everyone else HELLO! have a wonderful Friday!!!
stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Happy Friday! I’m here at work, trying to be productive. It’s so hard on Friday when it’s lovely out. I’ve been walking outside of my 15 minute break every day. That’s a start.

I am giving myself a big high 5. DD was at grandma’s house last night, so DH and I had a date night. We went out to a steak house. I was thinking, this is a crisis waiting to happen. The waiter was so nice to offer a margarita. I said, no, I’ll be designated driver, so DH got 2. I got the smallest steak they had, a six ounce sirloin. The first thing I did was cut it in half and got a box to go. I’m so proud of myself.

Tonight, DH is going to play cards with his VFW friends. DD and I are going to a wedding reception. The couple already married. It’s just a party for them. However, it’s going to be pot luck. I am never comfortable in social settings. I usually overeat to compensate for that. This time I am going to have courage, and bring my knitting to distract me. Before you say, “That weird lady is taking her knitting to a wedding reception!” This group of friends are all artisans, so it won’t look unusual. I won’t look like a crazy person. It’s just something to keep my hands busy.

Wish me luck.
Celia
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon ladies!

Motomom, I don't think I've welcomed you yet! Always nice to see a new member! BTW, I never sign out of 3fc casue I can't remember my password. Anyways, after a certain amount of time (of inactivity) it doesn't show me as being online. I don't know if that answers your q's or not. TMIF, thats pretty funny!

SapphireBlue, welcome to you too. We have another Sapphire and I was confused at first. I am also not good in social settings. I know what you mean.

Stephanie, do you live in FT Worth? My BIL lives out there in Justin, have you heard of it?

Lauren, congrats on the job, wonderful news!

Pam, you sound really motivated! Congrats on the loss, keep it up girl!

GG, congrats to you too for being in your size 10, what a great feeling!

Holli, sorry about your hard times, hope the sun shines for you soon girl!

Dawn, have a good lunch!

Christina, have a good day at work!

Well, my Aunt has been here, we've had a great time visiting. She's gone to my cousins today and we are going to meet them all tomorrow, after Spencer's soccer game. Spencer has made sure to show himself, good thing I don't have any real "secrets" Cause he would have been sure to tell them all, lol. Eating has been poor...my Aunt likes to go out to eat. I'm gonna wait till Monday to get back on track. I need a break from the exercising and all. I don't think its working or helping at all.

Hope all are doing well, I'll check back later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi everyone!
I have just been really busy w/Sean being home for a week, all OK here, we spent a lot of the day yesterday from one dr.'s office to another we thought he broke an ankle but thank G-d didn't!!!!

Alicia enjoy the visit w/your aunt

Dawn that is way to cold!

Celia it is amazing how eating habits change! good for you!

Lauren I haven't been around what happend w/the job? did they offer you full time?

HI MOTO

Got to go get ready, FIL is coming to spend the day w/Sean I am so happy!!! I can go knitting!!! TGIF!!!!

Later!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #12  

Lois & Happy thanks for the welcome. I thought such a nice Internet forum was as extinct as the dinosaurs! I am so looking forward to meeting my goals while celebrating my pals here making meeting their goals.

Thanks for the heads up on signing out. I just wasn't sure about that. I have witnessed more nastiness in different forums, outside of 3FC and DO NOT want to ever step on any toes here!

I feel sorry I posed the idea about exchanging CD's. I can be so thick sometimes! I don't illegally download, but rather download purchased CD on itunes to make copies for the car, truck and race trailer... I really had not give proper consideration that making mix CD's for other households does go against copyright. Duh!

Sapphire, glad to read your post about how you got a box to go right away for the steak! I have been thinking about eating out and how I would handle that in a more responsible way. Getting it into a box right off the get go is such a smart idea!

Ordering too many marguritas has never been a problem for me...I am too cheap to pay what most places charge per margurita! LOL. However, this summer in the back yard with friends...ohh, that will be tough. Drinking in the summer is going to be tough. Most of my close pals bond over back yard picknicks sharing a couple drinks. At the races, it is the same thing. Parents bond over shared drinks after a day of racing if we are not going home that night.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies...

Welcome moto & Celia!! You guys will love it here...everyone is super duper friendly.

Lauren...Hey, good luck getting the perm position. How's your mom feeling these days??

Alicia..glad you're enjoying your visit. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, then get back on it on Monday!! I know I'll be eating lots of "bad" stuff this weekend, too. I just can't pass up holiday food, you know??

Dawn, do you have plans for Easter?? Are you having it at your house?

Steph, a cattle drive sounds so cool!! I wish my kids could see something like that. It's a pretty cool country we live in, isn't it?? Depending on where you live, there are so many DIFFERENT things to do and see, KWIM?

Hanna, glad Sean's ankle is okay. How did the knitting go today??

Joan, GG, Karen, Kerry, Holli (gald you're back, hope you're alright!!), Sheila MO, Lisa, everyone else...where are you guys?? Probably very busy, right?? Hope you all have a wonderful friday night. We're gonna have dinner & watch movies with the kiddos...looking forward to it.

Talk tomorrow, girls.
Bye!
P
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...stopping in to say hi. Work was very very busy today...but in a good way. Since the meeting wed...things have been much better. I still have to do some stuff..but field management is helping to get me some help and make my life a bit better. In addition, the staff has been less gossipy and pain in the rear. So its been good...work was very busy with lots of cases. I'd rather be slammed all day with vet stuff than stupid employee crap. So i'm worn out but in a good way. I slept sooo hard from yesterday's intense workout. I decided to not to work out tonight. But I will walk the dog tomorrow and then on sunday, we will take the dog to the mountain after work.

holli -sorry to hear aobut all the issues you are having...hang in htere.

hey to everyone else..night all...
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all,

Pam, I am still here, just had to close this evening at work. Usually on those days, I sleep in and get ready and go in. I don't check the computer until after work.

Driving home tonight was super scary! 1) Didnt have my cell phone (because. . .) 2) we had at least 3 inches of snow on the ground and it was still coming down 3) it was the fine powdery kind that is really slippery.
They are actually calling for at least 3 more inches (maybe more before morning) ~ YUCK! I am soo ready for spring like weather. Oh I forgot by Tues, it should be in the 40's so we will have more flooding issues.

Sorry didn't mean to ramble ~ just sick of winter!

Hanna, glad that Sean didn't have a broken ankle.

Holli, don't try to push yourself ~ take it slow and be careful with your health.

Moto, if I haven't already welcomed you. (Sorry long day ~ and its been a blonde one). If I am home I check through out the day too. I don't think anyone has a problem with you just refreshing the page. Shoot if there are a lot of posts to read I refresh before typing ~ especially if it seems busy.

GG, it seems like a wise thing to give your body a break. You have been pushing yourself really hard lately. Glad everything is working out at work and your field office seems to have listened to your complaints and there seems to be resolutions.

Alicia, I know I never log out either. If I had to remember my password I would be in deep doo-doo. Glad that you are enjoying your Aunt's visit.

to everyone else, have a Happy Easter!!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote