Weight Loss Support - St Patrick's Day Poundage Pledge Party #2

Arabella
02-25-2002, 08:01 AM
Top O' the Threads to Ye!

I thought it would be nice to start off the new week with a new thread. Nothing startling to report. No loss this a.m., but I know that as long as I continue along it will happen.

My new plan is going great. 4 days down, and it feels so good to have control. Why would I give it up? Never mind, I'm holding on!

Here's the stats to start with:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go
Crone's Goal: Lose 10, 9 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 7 to go
:D

Let's make this a fabulous day, Everyone!

Love to all,
babette

Amarantha2
02-25-2002, 01:12 PM
Not sure what streak day this is! Never got to do a weigh-in yesterday as the plumbing went crazy again and I had a bad fall and hurt back, wrists and both knees. Between emergency rooms (two), being admitted to hospital then discharged in the wee hours, I never felt like eating, so had tons of milk and slimfast cans about 4 a.m., so my weight is probably up temporarily. I'll just skip the whole thing until next week. I have peace in my house because the water is turned off and need to go back and sleep. So have a great green day Leprechaun Lasses and perservere.

Arabella
02-25-2002, 03:38 PM
Sweetie, you are exempt from having to make this a fabulous day! Take good care of yourself and feel better!

MomTo2Boys
02-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Crone...you poor thing....make sure you get all the rest and relaxing you need to.....just glad to hear your "OK" and not hurt worse than you were!!!

Well, I am alive....I havent posted much in the past two weeks but this past week was due to Jesse's 6yr bday party we thru on Saturday!!! Had a good time though.....was major pooped by 5pm I think I was ready for bed....ha ha....but managed to hold out until about 10pm when Jesse and his 2 sleepover buddies finally cashed in......!!!

I have not been following plan as strictly as I should be but I am also not doing really bad.....I had so much going on the past 2 weeks I am surprised I didnt gain 10lbs.....I am right now as of this morning at 173lbs....!!! So, I will plug away to make my st pats day pledge......take care all....LisaL

AE? where ya been? I havent noticed you posting lately either???? Hoping all is well with the boys and hubby and yourself!!!

sheila_220
02-25-2002, 07:57 PM
evening everyone

just wanted to pop in and post I'm down 2.5 lbs. and feeling pretty good about it. especially after the way I felt yesterday, I had to fight back craving all night. But I made it and feel much better for not giving in.:dizzy:

sheila

joshie's mommy
02-26-2002, 06:58 AM
Good Morning all!!!

Sheila, congrats...2.5 down...weigh to go!!!:D

Crone...poor baby...sorry to hear about your troubles...hope you're feeling better soon...rest & relax.

Mom to 2...good to hear from you...we missed you!

From the reading I've been doing it sounds like you all are doing fabulously well....Hooray! I've been struggling a bit to stay OP.& have had a couple falls off the wagon...but am committing myself to get back on as of right now & stay there.

Thank you all for your support. When I posted last week about how frustrated I get at the slowness of the process... I was not really referring to the 4 pounds down...just to the process in general... I just was getting frustrated by how far I have to go rather than praising myself for how far I've come...but hey...I am 23 pounds down from where I started and darnit...that's reason to celebrate!~ Thanks ladies!

Have a Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Staci

Arabella
02-26-2002, 08:40 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I've made 5 days now OP and this a.m. was down another pound, only six to go to SP Day now. I'm going to make it. This just gets easier and easier. I remember now how great it was once I stopped eating when I wasn't hungry. I had to stop eating other than at the table when i was alone to be able to do that, since I seemed to sometimes lose my ability to control it in those situations. But once I did, it was SO empowering!

Last spring, i remember I had stuck to that for 8 weeks, and then, silly me, thought I had ultimate control and I could begin to nibble standing or watch tv on the couch while I had lunch. And it's taken me until now to get my control back. Plus I've still got about 12 or 13 pounds to RELOSE. :p But I'll do it!

Have a great day, All.

xo
babette

JoJoJo2
02-26-2002, 11:16 AM
I am still maintaining. Not losing, not gaining, just maintaining, for which I am very thankful.

Crone - sorry to hear about your mishap. Take it easy, and recover as soon as possible.

Sheila - that is a great weight loss. Keep it up,and you certainly should feel good about it. You know what it takes to succeed.

Babette - 5 days OP is a great achievement, now extend it more days, please.

Joshie's Mommie - you are doing great. Not just the recent weight loss, but the overall loss you have achieved. Doesn't it feel good???

Mom to 2 etc. - you keep busy, don't you? I remember how hectic it was when I had two youngsters. Makes it hard to think of yourself. But it does sound like you are in control, and that is important. Do the best you can.

Everyone, keep smiling -

MomTo2Boys
02-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Well, I had a horrible day yesterday and although I am trying to fight it off today....I feel like I just want to eat and eat and eat.....and the sad thing is....I know I am not hungry...its sheer boredom.....but the car is out of commission right now so I am stuck here......but will do my best to not over indulge......!!!

Hoping you all have a great day...its gonna be a nice day today......wishing I had my stroller here cause I would go for a walk with Kail......oh well.....take care...LisaL

angel-eyes
02-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone!! Its so nice to see so many posts....and everyone is doing so well. That in itself is so motivating!! Keep it up.

Mom.....{{{hugs}}} I'm so glad to see you again. I missed you. I see that J's party was a big success, isn't that nice. I know myself, that its such a relief that the party was a big success because you want everyone to have a great time and get along. Its all about the kids....isn't it? It also sounds like you really enjoyed your holidays too. We're looking forward to the L's school break, beginning in April. Dh's parents are stopping here for a few days visit and then we are all driving to Georgia for 1 wk. Look out beaches!!......here we come!!! (haha...a little too soon for ol' angeleyes to be wearing a bikini...but maybe some new shorts)
My boys are all okay, and I'm doing well on plan with ww's.....I wouldn't worry about your last few days....just stick with the zero/low pt snacks and let that "eat your heart out" and then get back on plan. You are doing so well!!! COME ON!!

Crone......Hope today is a better day for you. Rest and take some nice hot baths to relax your aches....maybe splurge and get a nice massage. You are worth it!! take care

MomTo2Boys
02-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey girls....how ya all doing? I am having a hard time getting refocused to 100% but as long as I dont blow it 100% I am doing OK......just need to get done being so exhausted and relax and then get my mind set back OP!!!

Well, time to go start dinner but I might attempt to make it into chat tonight......I have been so darn tired by 10pm I am normally asleep on the couch.....LOL

Take care....LisaL

angel-eyes
02-27-2002, 07:48 PM
Oh Ladies.....Leprachaun Lassie's...HELP ME!!! Here I was having an absolutely fabulous day when......I don't know what happened but at 3:30 the ol' snack attack hit and I lost the attack. I plead not guilty on the grounds of "girl guide cookie innoscense"!!! lol My problem is that once I started .....I couldn't stop. Luckily I ate really low pts by that time so I only went over by a few pts at my top range. But geez....isn't there a law about having most of your points by cookies? If you tell me there isn't a law, then I'm most thankful. See, in Canada we just have two types of cookies :a mixed chocolate/vanilla sandwich type and the chocolate mint ones. It was those darn.....SAMOSA'S!!!! Hence the SELF IMPOSED EXILE FROM THE KITCHEN!!! My saving grace is that I'm now SAFE in the upstairs tv room. I was never so lucky to be here....lol Thank god the box is now empty!!! Hope you all don't ever try these....bye

MomTo2Boys
02-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Morning ladies....how are ya all doing? I am freezing here in NE.....it was mid 60's on Tuesday....yesterday it snowed.....and today the windchill is FREEZING....sure cant wait for summer!!!

I ate really bad last night....I had 3 snacksize bags of chips last night while watching a movie.....and boy did I feel guilty afterwards!!! I sure hope I can get myself refocused sooner rather than later.....I know I am capable....it's just getting my mind set again......

Angel....if you see this and your going to chat this morning...I will keep checking in to see if your there.....not going to stay there alone.....LOL

Take care everyone.....LisaL

P.S. Crone....how are feeling? I hope your finding yourself getting back to normal and not all sore and achy anymore!!!

angel-eyes
02-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Morning Ladies....and yes.....THE COOKIES HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!! I ended up only with a few extra points for the day, and used my banked ones for that...so,yes today is a new day....(and no cookies to wear me down...lol) I am now resigned to the fact that those cookies will be a faint and fond memory!! Thanks,for the help up after that stumble. NO COOKIES TODAY!!!

Today is.......clear clean thoughts of good healthy foods.
.......fresh crunchy and juicy fruit
.......a positive mental approach to food
.......motivation by example
.......living proof I am worth it!!!

Hope everyone has a super day!! The sun is shining and I feel like going for a nice walk. Enjoy your day.

Amarantha2
02-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Lithe Leprechaun Lassies, you are all doing great! I'm kind of having health & emotional problems due to the fall I had and am taking myself out of the St. Pat's challenge. Hope to return by the Easter challenge (Slim Sunny Bunny Challenge? Anti-Easter Candy Pledge? Easter Eggs for Fitness? Something, Something?) :)

Angel-Eyes: Samosas should be banned by the International Food Police!

Is this right?

Sheila's Goal: Lose 10, 7.5 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 6 to go

PLEASE UPDATE THIS LIST!!!! I WILL BE EAGERLY WATCHING IT, WHENEVER I GET OUT OF BED!!!

:dizzy:

Peace always!

MomTo2Boys
03-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Crone....ha ha...I like the Slim Sunny Bunny Easter Challenge.....thats cute!!!...Sorry to hear your still feeling bad....just get plenty of rest so you can come back with us soon.....your health is most important!!!

Angel.....so glad we got to chat yesterday....and to think we never had one person come into chat while we were there.....LOL....were we that dull......LOL

I just wanted to make a short post for now to bump us up closer to the top of the forums.....we were heading Down the stockpile!!!

Anyhow...hoping your all off to a good weekend....talk later.....take care....LisaL

joshie's mommy
03-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!

Crone, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling...rest & get better!

Angel, You're on the right track...pick back up & keep right on going over the bump...I didn't even order any cookies this year cuz I KNEW I would have absolutely no self control...

Babbette, I'm thinking of joining you in your " only eating at the table when I'm alone" rule...will give it some thought over the weekend & let you know..

Mom to 2, Hang in there....you can do it...we believe in you!!!;)

Well...I weighed in this morning & I was down 2 more pounds...HOORAY!!!! I was actually really suprised to see a loss as I haven't been eating too well this week...I'm not really sure why, but for some reason I was absolutely STARVING all week, so I was eating alot more than usual...but thankfully the right things apparently...and I was faithful with the excercise which must've helped. As today is the first of the month I also did my measurements again & lost 3.5 more inches. Hooray!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Staci
268/243/130ish

Joanie
03-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Hey Kids...Happy weekending....I was down two tenths of a pound at weight watchers....I was glad to have lost....this week will be better!!! It is rainy here...I guess my daughter and I are headed to the mall...she has a banquet to attend and nothing to wear...so we are off...maybe I will try to try on some smaller sizes??? Welp...have a good one...Jh

angel-eyes
03-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Hello and Good Morning. I'm hoping that todays rain forecast will change....nothing worse than being couped up in the house with 2 wild and born to run boys!!! My weigh in is later on at noon, so I'm hoping for a good one.

Last night we had friends over and I served Mexican taco's and fajhita's. My game strategy was to divide the table in half and serve 2 bowls of each item. A regular fat content...(for those non ww's) and a fat free content for ME!! I think it went really well and after my 1 taco (2pt) and filling, and 1 soft shell tortilla (2pt) and filling ....I reached for the lettuce and had a taco salad. Has anyone ever tried the fat free shredded cheese by Kraft?....other than being a little dry(less moisture) it is really tastey. 1/4 Cup was only 1 pt. So with a little pre-planning my authentice Mexican dinner was relatively stress-free. Did I mention that the nacho chips were only available in one bowl and only down the other end of the table. (a whopping 7 chips for 4 pts....very easy to let get out of hand!)

Joshies Mommy....WOW....Fantastic inches lost, 3.5!!! You're definitely headed in the right direction...DOWN!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

angel-eyes
03-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Hi Ladies. I'm so happy to tell...no yell!! that I finally lost 1 lb for this challenge. Gosh, it seemed that I was forever in limbo there....lol. So here are the results so far, and with Crone out of the pledge for St. Pats....please update (copy/paste) when possible.

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8 , 7 to go.

Come on Ladies....Lassie's....Leapin' Leprachauns...We can do this!

sheila_220
03-04-2002, 10:15 AM
morning all,

I'm feeling pretty good today. I am down 4lbs. since last week:smug: I'm feeling really good. With only 2 weeks left til st. patricks day I was wondering if I would make my goal. Now atleast it's within reach.

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8 , 7 to go.
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10, 3lbs. to go

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Anyways, school closed today with all the snow. Kids may drive me crazy today. anyways hope the weather is better for everyone else.

sheila
----------
220/192.5/135lbs.

MomTo2Boys
03-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone....hope you all had great weekends!!! Mine was alright....and I am bound and determined today to get my act together and back on track 100% but I am not going to kill myself doing it.....so I can only TRY my hardest to do my BEST!!!

Congrats to the LOSERS of the week.....sounds like your all doing really well....!!!

Angel.....I havent tried the fat free cheese lately only because years ago they were so bad I have yet to dare to retry them.......I normally use the light cheese and its 2pts for 1/4c and they are far from dry!!!...your mexican night sounded nice....I LOVE TACOS and taco salad!!!....Will check chatroom before I leave here to see if by chance your there....if not I will be off and on thru the day so just leave a message of when you think you will be in chat!!!

Crone...how ya feeling girl?

OH OH OH....I FORGOT THE BIGGEST NEWS YET......WE ARE APPROVED TO BUY A HOUSE...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I FINALLY GET TO GET AWAY FROM THIS DUMBA$$ LANDLORD AND HAVE A PLACE TO REALLY CALL MY HOME......We have one place in mind right now but will start looking in our area as well so we dont have to move Jesse out of the school district.

Take care all.....LisaL

P.S. Morrigan.....how ya feeling girl....has the sickness subsided at all yet????

angel-eyes
03-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi Ladies. Just checking in as I was really out of commission most of the weekend. I (or should I say....my son gave to me...) have a stomach bug that just won't go away. My weigh in on Saturday was okay,...in losing 1 more pound. I was really hoping for a few pounds, but hey? who am I to look a gifthorse in the mouth?...lol
Still not feeling well, also have a wicked headache. Gosh, its only 10am and I'm ready for another nap. Hope you all are doing well on plan......

Mom...I will check chat to look for you. I won't be staying long though....Hope to see you there.

Amarantha2
03-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Got off the couch awhile to see how the Lovely Lithe Leprechaun Lassies are doing ... and it seems they are doing very well indeed. I am doing a bit better but am more damaged than I thought from falling.

Congrats to all losers and maintainers working their way to St. Pat's Party. Here's an update as near as I can tell. Don't forget to cut and paste and update continually so I can hobble back here and see as quick as an Irishman's wink exactly where you lasses are heading.

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8 , 6 to go.

Momto2: Congratulations on your decision to buy a house! I wish I could sell you mine. :s:

MomTo2Boys
03-05-2002, 10:59 AM
Quick post to bump us up to the top of the stock pile again......

Here are the latest updates:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8 , 6 to go.
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8, 6.5 to go

Trying hard to get refocused and having one **** of a time....but I have lost a TINY amount so thats gotta count for something.....gonna keep plugging away to try to make my pledge goal.....take care all...LisaL

angel-eyes
03-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi Everyone. Well here I am with one good day of feeling better since my "tender stomach" episode....and now I have TOM!!!
Geez....how lucky can a girl get? I hope most of the side affects...bloat, pain, cramps etc.....have gone for my weigh in on Saturday because I really need a nice loss right about now. So I'm sure hopeing. Its going to be an early night for me once I get the boys off to la-la land. I think I nice hot bubble bath is what the Dr. has ordered tonight. Bye and see you all tommorow. Sorry not to be very chatty tonight....(I know you guys would understand) **thanks**

joshie's mommy
03-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Hello ladies...

How is everyone doing?

Better than I have been, I hope. Ever since last Friday I have fallen horribly off track with my eating plan & excercise...HELP ME!!! I'm really struggling...once I get off the path, it seems to be so darn hard to get back on & stay motivated...

OK...so here goes...I'm pledging to get back OP as of right now & get back onto my excercise program as well...
I think I will skip weighing in this week as the only thing that could possibly happen is more discouragement...and hope to have a big loss to report by St. Patty's day. As of last Friday, I had 3 pounds to go to my St Patty's pledge...Hopefully I can still reach that goal. Gotta get motivated though.

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 3 to go

Have a great evening ladies. I'll check in again soon. Thanks for your support!
Staci

angel-eyes
03-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi Ladies. Thanks for the well wishes. Boy, TOM sure was nasty this time around. I think it was because I wasn't feeling 100% yet from the weekend, and then BAM!! But I took my own advice and after a hot bath went straight off to sleep. Did me the world of good!!
Today has been a super day. Did a little shopping at Costco....(boy wish I was rich...lol) and managed to do not to badly. Has anyone heard of "miss meringue" cookies? Its made of ....you guessed it...meringue!! 4 cookies = 2 pts....WOW!!! And then I also found at Costco....in the frozen food isle, a huge bag (5lbs) of frozen fruit for only 4.99!!! Another smart shopping descision. Peaches...strawberries...you name it!! And yes.....TGIF TOMMOROW!!!!

Amarantha2
03-07-2002, 11:50 PM
... It's the Lovely Leprechaun Lassies lolling on the Emerald Isle of slenderness!

Everyone is doing so great! I am feeling better but feeling less than my usual perky (ha!) self! I've been off-track hugely as I can't really exercise other than meditative walks, which are better than nothing. But until today I had no control over my eating.

Today I bought a Richard Simmons Foodmover kit ... not my kind of thing at all because I really believe in just counting calories, and RS is not my favorite person, though I don't really mind him ... but surprise ... the cute little kit really motivated me to eat healthfully and drink water and even hobble around the block twice. It's basically a diabetic exchange program and has a nice cookbook. I bought a second kit to give to a friend who is struggling with weight and health issues.

I liked it so much I'm going to do it again tomorrow.

Angel-Eyes: I've seen an ad for Miss Meringue cookies in WW mag. They look delicious. I'm not a member of Costco, though, and can't find them here. Another product I want to find is WW new large strawberry sundae cups.

Everyone: Woo-hoo ... it's almost time for an Easter Challenge! A new beginning and all absent posters shall we hope return from the far corners of Eire to the Land of the Skinny Sunny Bunny, where Cadbury caramel eggs have no calories and Hershey's Cookies & Creme rabbits are made with heart-healthy canola oil and low fat Oreo cookie crumbs.

Top o' the Evening, to ye ...

angel-eyes
03-08-2002, 10:36 AM
Hi Everyone. Feeling really good today, dh is off today which is an extra bonus as he usually works M-F, but he took an overtime day. LUCKY ME!! Sun is shining, and the house is quiet(except the washing machine. lol )....what more could a girl want? Have a great day!

ps....Crone- I too, await those ww sundae cups. They look so good, (have seen ads only) but managed to find in my grocer some of their other desert treats......will splurge for the 4 pts! Glad to hear that you are getting up and around.Good luck with the foodmover program.

ps+....Mom?...oh Mom? Mom where are you? Hope you doing well and sticking to the ol' plan. Hope you have a great weekend and the boys are doing well. Congratulations on the approval for a house..... TAKE THAT!!!....MR LANDLORD, slimeball

sheila_220
03-08-2002, 06:58 PM
evening all:smug:

just checking in too see how everyone was doing. all is going pretty good here. hope to hear good news.

sheila

angel-eyes
03-09-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi Everyone. Well....considering the week I've had, I went to weighin wondering about a loss. And sure enough (even though TOM...) I had a 1.8 lb loss!!!YAHOO....YAHOO....YAHOO!!!! Which is really quite incredible but hey?....I'LL TAKE IT!!! I'm just a smidge under 10 lbs now....another YAHOO!!! I am also going to get my butt in gear to get moving and shaking a bit. My plan is to start walking...(yup,walking is good) and get a fresh start to my day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Here's the latest stats:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8, 5 to go

Amarantha2
03-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Lithe and Lovely Leprechaun Lassies! You are looking good! I have dumped the RS Foodmover program for various reasons and am returning to my calorie counting and two exercise sessions per day. Lost a pound on RS, though. Last wrist injury to be deveiled this week and have an assignment and job interview. They will never see me hobbling! :)

Soon it will be St. Pat's Day and then Easter. I love the renewal of spring. Life can only get better, n'est pas?

MomTo2Boys
03-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Hey girls....how is everyone doing? Sorry I havent posted lately but boy have I been busy house hunting...I never realized it would be this much work and it has only just begun.....plus I havent weighed in lately.....I went off plan again and could NOT get back on track....but I am slowly trying to get 100% refocused....plus I have been so bloated feeling....TOM has been about 7 days late due to starting a low dose of estrogen and now it has finally decided its time to arrive...so I will weigh as soon as its over and let you know.....I feel like a complete failure to myself for messing up so bad again....but I wont beat myself up too bad....I just need to get my mind set to losing weight again......

Anyhow...congrats to the losers.....angel....way to go on your loss....and the nearness to your first 10lb marker with WW's!!! Hoping all is well with you and the boys and hubby.....miss ya.....

Crone....how are you feeling girl? Hope your back to or near normal again.....

Take care all......LisaL

angel-eyes
03-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Hi Mom. I know what you're going through. House hunting is fun but VERY HARD WORK. One good thing though....at least you are the ones going to the showings. Its a totally otherside to the constant cleaning and having your house ready at any moments notice for someone to come to view it. Oh.... I remember it well!! What kiind of house are you looking for? Might I reccomend one with a basement if possible? Gotta love the extra storage and perhaps a downstairs playroom...(so all those toys are at least out of the way if you don't get a chance to tidy up)

The last two days have been a little "straying" for me. Not quite on the mark sticking to my pts and indulging a little too much. Today is the day, to start "focusing" again and walking the walk and talking the talk!!

I read some positive words on another thread which was so right. Sometimes we get caught up with the numbers on the scale and forget about the real reason(s) for getting started on our new Healthier lifestyle!! Whatever plan anyone is on, its always for the better. A better lifestlye, better habits, better foods and better choices to make. And the result?...a better me!!!

STAY ON PLAN....STAY FOCUSSED.....STAY WITH IT!!!

sheila_220
03-12-2002, 11:51 AM
just wanted to drop in and post a loss of 1.5lbs. this week.

Sheila's Goal: Lose 10, 2 to go

hope everyone is doing good:smug:

bye:wave: :wave: :wave:

sheila:s:

Amarantha2
03-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Everyone is still hanging in here and doing so well! St. Pat's Day is in sight and all on the thread are slated for success!

I've been feeling much better, except for a bum wrist and an inability to get my assignment done. I have a job interview on Friday and when that is done I should settle. Exercising but carefully, eating well.

That's me! Now to reiterate, here are the Lithe Lovely Leprechaun Lassies:

Sheila's Goal: Lose 10, 2 to go

WTG!

MomTo2Boys
03-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Hey girls...how are ya'll doing? I am slolwy plugging along and not doing TOO hot.....I am really struggling again....but I have faith that I will get back on the wagon.....plus we have decided to join the YMCA as a family and I think I might try yoga out....its 2 times a week plus they have free daycare....yahoo....that means I can swim or whatever and let Kail and Jesse hang out in the daycare section.....!!!

Angel.....we already had planned to buy with a basement.....that way we could put a play area and tv area down there for the boys and friends.....and hide the clutter of toys...ha ha.....

Well, not here for long.....I am exhausted...Jesse is home today with the flu/cold that he came down with 2 days ago......and we just found out that Kail needs his adnoids removed....they said it could be part of his troubles with ear/sinus infections and his sleep troubles could be linked to it......so I will be going to a specialist with him to find out when they can take the adnoids out.....Jesse goes Friday to have his x-rayed as he snores really bad and the infections is another reason......well will talk when I get some more spare time.....the boys are resting and I am going to shower as I am boosting the coop tonight and going shopping ALONE.....told hubby earlier he was tending to boys tonight as I needed a break......take care girls.....LisaL

angel-eyes
03-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi Everyone. Ever have just one of those days? Geez if you saw my journal, snacks snacks and more snacks!!! Well at least I'm still within my pt range. Small wonder though...lol I guess it is just one of those days. I;m going to call it a "grazing" day.

Mom....Enjoy your big night out. Good for you to "break out", enjoy your freedom. I used to love my regular babysitter night back home. She used to come every Thurs. pm when dh was out of town.....oh how I miss her!! Too soon, to be getting a sitter at our new house as I don't know very many people yet. But I sure can dream about it.....

Crone....glad to hear that your feeling better. Before I forget....good luck with your job interview. Wear something you feel really good in, it will boost your confidence and ....you;ll look and feel like a winner. Red always did it for me. Good Luck!!

MomTo2Boys
03-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Angel....I know what you mean about having a regular sitter....we still have not found one as I think most people around here rely on their family a lot and we have no family here.....so for now until I hear of a good sitter.....I am stuck leaving them with daddy or when we go to VT to see my mom she takes them overnight so we can escape.....

Well, I sure didnt make it to my challenge pledge......I am down to 171.5 which is still amazing to me considering I have not been TOO faithful on plan......but as long as I didnt gain a TON I am satisfied.....if I do the easter challenge I will aim low but shoot high.....does that make sense.....LOL...I know what I mean......anyhow.....I will close for now.....hoping your all having a good week......take care....LisaL

angel-eyes
03-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Mom......YAHOO!!!.....DOING THE VICTORY DANCE FOR YOU......!!!!! You are doing so well....(even as you say, without trying) {{{HUGS}}} Keep up the great work!! take care....

MomTo2Boys
03-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks Angel....I know I should be happy that I havent gained weight with my not following plan....but I am so angry with myself also because if I managed to take off that small amount not trying...imagine the amount I could have shed if I was behaving and doing what I KNOW I SHOULD BE DOING.....but I know once I start at the YMCA swimming and maybe yoga.....and plus I can use the gym stuff.....I will lose...and now I have an even bigger reason for reaching my goal......I need to be at or real close to my goal by June 29th of this summer....it is my first class reunion and I havent seen a lot of my old classmates since having my first child.....so its going to be nice...but I refuse to go looking HUGE....so thats going to be my motivation to get myself in gear......

Gotta go for now...take care all.....LisaL

Angel...how are you doing lately? Did you get your 10lb ribbon???

angel-eyes
03-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Hello Ladies. Well, not a good weighin. Tommorow,(my regular weighin) was not a good day for my meeting due to activities for the boys so I took the bull by the horns and rather miss a meeting went today. BIG MISTAKE!! I am so upset I could cry for the frustration. This is my 8 th weighin and I've only lost 8 lbs. I thought for sure a loss was going to happen. And other than a few little slips early on a couple of weeks,( but I've had the points to cover them.....) I have stayed true to my pts and really doing well. I think better, and I know I eat better.....so whats the problem then? I am very very discouraged!! I want this to work!!! and I'm so frustrated!!!! (#*??%&$#@!) Not that , that will help....but I feel angry with myself even though I'm following plan, and like I've said before....walking the walk and talking the talk. Any ideas? suggestions? pull-eaze!!

JoJoJo2
03-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Reporting in, I have managed to maintain, which is still a struggle. I think we all have battles to fight, whether it is losing unwanted lbs. or maintaining. And I guess those who need to gain weight have their own battles, but that is not the subject of this particular group, is it?

I don't think any of us will ever get to the point of not having to worry about oour weight. It is a permanent part of our lives, and so be it!!!

So congratuations to all the 'happy losers' , and also to all us 'maintainers." And for all of us, we know what we should be doing as we head toward spring -- so let's do it!!!

Keep smiling

Amarantha2
03-16-2002, 05:12 PM
It's almost St. Pat's Day, so congrats to all who've stuck through this holiday challenge. Events got in my way, but I'm sorting things out and healing and not sure what my weigh-in tomorrow will bring. I'm not up to posting the Sunny Bunny Easter Challenge (or whatever) but hope someone feels like making the the challenge. The 21-Day Challenge thread also looks interesting for getting a streak going.

Angel-Eyes: Please don't get stressed about slow results. Sometimes our bodies just hang on to the weight even though we've stuck with the program through everything. Eventually, a loss happens. It's frustrating, but it's just the way it is. Often the difference between a loser and a winner is sheer persistence and NEVER giving up.

BTW, I should have taken your advice and worn red to the job interview because I'm pretty sure I won't get it. The publisher mentioned my age at least three times, so I guess that's an issue in his mind. I'd like to be a perky 20-something on demand, but I just can't! Oh, well. I wore blue, now I'm blue! :(

But hope springs eternal, Lovely Leprechaun Lassies, and life goes on. I'll be back.