Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 06:55 AM   #1  
fatter than U

Talking MOOS to yous!

Just taking a break from all that wrestling to stop in to say hi!

Man, I'm almost sure I wouldn't burn over 700 calories an hour on the elliptical torture machine the way I use the thing. Now that the brain fog has lifted a bit, I might even get back on today and give it a whirl.

Peachy! Is your headache better? I think you sent it to me when you were finished with it.

C U later, cows!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:35 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi SugahBabe

and all and sundry.

I just "decluttered" the citrus fruit from my house. I had oranges and grapefruit from a Christmas gift, and tangerines and oranges and grapefruit hanging around in corners of the refrigerator, so I hauled out my juice extractor and juiced them all up (except for the rotten ones ). Amounted to about 12 oz. of juice. The really stupid thing is that when I got out the juicer, I discovered that it was single-handedly holding up the shelf above it, so now I have trays and pans all over the place waiting for somebody to fix the shelf (and who do we think that somebody is???? Most likely yours truly, let's face it. Yeah, he brings the bacon, but Mr. Fixit he's not.

DD had a great time skiing/hanging out with her friend. They only skiied 2 days, but apparently that was okay. She has great stories to tell; the best one is from her last time up the chairlift the last day: some lady had fallen in front of her when they reached the midstation and she couldn't get out of the chair. Her friend was able to get around the woman, but not DD. The upper mountain was in poor condition and for experts only, so she yelled to the lift operator "What do I do?" and he said she should ride back around and down to the bottom, so she had a long ride up and down. By the time she got to the bottom, her friend and friend's brother and sister were there taking pictures of her, but the stupid lift operator wasn't paying any attention and didn't stop the lift so she could get off. She kept getting lower and lower and inside the station; finally her skis ground the chair to a halt on the gravel, before the kids could get the operator's attention. The skis were completely ruined on the bottom -- big ruts all the way up each one! Guess what? They were rentals!!! But really, that was very dangerous; she could have been injured. Fortunately the only consequence was that the mountain ruined their own skis!

Never a dull moment. Today I was taking a nap and the phone rang. I almost ignored it, but then I thought it might be DD needing a ride or something, so I picked it up. It was my cleanie dietitian friend. She says "Oh, did I wake you up?" Of course I said "No", so we had a nice conversation. Later I went to erase the answering machine, because it had picked up before I did, so I listened to beginning of the conversation. How embarrassing -- I sounded like a drunk person answering the phone. No, I wasn't asleep...I always sound like a zombie...

Kiwi
Old 02-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #3  
cow with the double chin

Angry Hola tubo's

yikes Kiwi! Glad DD was not harmed. Where do they hire these people?

Gonna brag a minute here. I am feeling good at the moment. I was interviewed yesterday by one of the founders of iVillage. I won the cl of the month!! Over 2000 boards at iVillage, ParentSoup, and ParentPlace. Yikes!! I feel pretty honored I tell ya. They are also advertising my board so just yesterday alone there were 34 posts, which is a lot. My report I turned in for all of last week was 70 something for 7 days.

Anyway, just thought I would brag. They do a cl interview every month on iVillage radio, I will let you know if we work out a schedule for me to do it. The time difference make it hard. But if I get on, I will be sure to say hello to the cows.

Time for this big butt to get up and take a shower and hit the freeway. Of course, that is after a stop at preschool and the high school. LOL It is all working out great though.

Have a great week ladies. Where is Bagggazzzzzz?!!
Old 02-26-2002, 12:23 PM   #4  

Default Reporting for duty

Hi Cowsies! It's a lovely sunny day here in the pacific wonderland. I've actually been working in the yard a little the last few days. Just a little. These old muscles need to work up to serious yardwork.

This post is going to be terribly on topic. My latest scheme to lose this unattractive flab is to go to a dietician. I go tommorrow for my first visit. When I made the appointment with her, she told me to keep a food diary for the week, and not to try and diet, just try eating a little less. I think I have, but I also think she will be shocked a what a huge amount "a little less" is. The overall plan is not only to lose weight, but to develop eating habits that will keep it off. Doesn't that sound like a plan? Unfortunately, I think it will probably involve exercise and eating healthy stuff.

Kiwi, I'm not a skier so I have no idea just how dangerous DD's mishap was, but I'll take your word for it. Isn't it amazing our kids manage to get to adulthood with all that can happen to them. We had a tragic thing happen here. A girl was snowboarding and she just never made it to the bottom of the run. In fact, I believe it was a young woman from Maine that was out here on vacation. She actually had a college degree in outdoor recreation, so everyone thought that she would turn up even after several days out because she was highly trained in survival techniques. Anyway, what a horrible thing for her parents to endure. And the terrible thing is that they would interview the parents every day on the news as their hopes drained away. I think local news programs are more about the drama than the news. Sorry to be such a drag, but you know me, little Wabby Sunshine.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:39 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wow, that's cool, Muffers!

I'll have to go take a look. I have an iVillage email, but I never use it. Be sure to tell us if you're going "on air"!!

I went snowshoeing this afternoon. It's so warm -- mid 40s --well that's warm for me! We have a real mess on our driveway. It was packed down snow and then we had rain and it all turned to ice. We keep having warm days, but it only melts a little bit and then gets cold at night and ices up again. So anyway I took the doggie for a walk through the giant (but softening) snowdrifts down by the lake this afternoon. That was fun, but I will probably be wiped out tomorrow.

That was horrible about the snowboarding girl, Wab. I can just imagine what adventures I will be worrying about in a few years with DD. Fortunately she doesn't seem to be a risk-taker, but that doesn't mean I won't worry!

Good for you, going to the dietitian! She'll keep you on the straight and narrow. I hope she's like my cleanie dietitian friend -- not ridiculously unreasonable or judgmental. She always makes healthy food when she has people over to eat, but she also makes sinful desserts and eats whatever other people serve her.

Oh, that reminds me, we are going to a French food and wine-tasting dinner this Friday. I should probably fast all week.

Hi to all those big fat cows who hardly ever post.

Well, gotta go some research. Tata
Kiwi
Old 02-26-2002, 07:18 PM   #6  

Default Oh dear.

Kiwi, I know it was horrible. I don't know what came over me that I just had to share it.

And I forgot to say congrats to you Muffie! Now thats good news - just slap me if I start to tell you sad stories.

I ate a farewell Rueben sandwich for lunch. I think this may have something to do with why I'm so fat. I'm always just about to go on a diet.
Old 02-27-2002, 08:55 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking I'm a pig

Just finished a chocolate cupcake. The rest are for ds8's (almost 9! Where does the time go???) birthday tomorrow. I'm too young to have such an old kid! And the other "baby" will be 6 a week from Monday. Give me a break!

Way to go, Muffers! You go girl. Next thing we know you'll be on Oprah!

That's awful about that girl, Wabby. A couple of days ago some wierdo tried to lure a second grader (a boy) into his car down by the local supermarket so the whole elementary school is in an uproar and no one is letting their kids go anywhere alone. It's so terrible to think of all the things that can happen to your kids. Thank goodness your dd didn't get hurt on the chairlift, Kiwi! I've gotten off a chairlift and fallen into a heap many times myself, but I usually got out of the way in time! Chairlift attendents should have a little electric shock thingie that wakes them up when a chair approaches

Wow, Wabby a dietician. That's a good idea. Hopefully she can determine the cause of your desire to indulge and give you a few good tips. Maybe you were frightened by a carrot stick as a child?

Going swimming today even though there are a thousand things I'd rather do!
Old 02-27-2002, 01:03 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Finally the Olympics are over!!!

I have been totally glued to my tv screen especially for the WOMEN AND MEN' HOCKEY MATCHES AGAINST THE UNITED STATES!!!!! needless to say,I am feeling a bit braggy!!!!!! just wanted to say,hi I am fatter than all of you put together and I have to go pick up ds,so I will talk to you later ,love, triple sow cow with no deductions.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:32 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default The Sow Cows

Good name.

Yup, you got the gold, Bagzie. Then you got the gold again. And again and again and again. 'Course we did all right too--nearly 3 times as many medals as ever before in winter Olympics. Most of them we took away from Russians, I think. That's why they're pouting so much.

Does anyone else think Apolo Ohno is the hottest thing under 20 years old? Slap me.

I'm making beef barley soup and homemade bread for dinner. I don't have to do another thing to either one -- soup in the crockpot and bread in the breadmaker. ymmmm.

It's absolutely pouring out. In February. In Maine. Totally twisted.

Did anyone else get an email from Francine today? Yes, CyberMom herself. It was kind of a belated Dear John letter. I'll attach it if anyone wants to see it.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-17-2002 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:29 PM   #10  

Default Just as I suspected

The dietician expects me to eat much less (1200-1400 calories) and exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 5x's a week. I really want to lose the cottage cheese thighs by summer so I am highly motivated. She tells me I can lose it and never gain it back and she will show me how. I've always been able to lose, just not keep it off, so I am very excited about this. Do you think I'm deluding myself? It's going to cost me $25 a week, so that should be good motivation right there.

Has anyone seen the new emoticons? There's one for me, and one for Bagzie, and one for Cherry, and even one for Sugar's baby boy and then there's our mascot -

Kiwi, you dirty old woman you, (Yep, he's a cutie)

Gotta go to the girls room, the dietician has me drinking 64 oz. of water every day!!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:56 PM   #11  
fatter than U

Thumbs up That Francine's got some nerve!

How come she didn't write to ME and why in the world would we be interested in her stupid company after what she did to us? Silly woman And where did Jeff get to?

Ooooh, these new emoticons are too,
too cute!

Wow, Wabby, you're going to be a new woman! Is the dietician nice? Is she giving you some kind of diet plan to follow or do you have to count by yourself?

ds's birthday party was pretty wild. The usual supects. They spent the first half hour burping, snorting, drinking pop and eating chips. Then they wrapped each other up in toilet paper and hopped around. I guess you can't expect much else from 9 year old boys. AND someone squeezed half a tube of toothpaste into the toilet. Oh well.

Swimming was marvy yesterday. I don't seem to be losing, but at least I'm not gaining. Something to be said for that.Today I ate chips, hot dogs, cookies and lots of other bad, bad things. I know I'll regret it tomorrow and will have to do a lot of extra :sheep: to make up for it.

Later, cows!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:20 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default fat as a sow cow with a double bum apron

you know that means an apron on the front and the back-------COME ON WABBY---WHAT KIND OF SECRETS IS SHE GOING TO REVEAL!!!!HOW NOT TO GAIN IT BACK---WHAT IS SHE----A VOO DOO WITCH DOCTOR?????? YOU PAY THE MONEY----WE WILL CRITIQUE YOUR LADY----BY THE WAY---IS SHE OR HAS SHE EVER BEEN A COW????? okay,enough harassing----I finally went for a walk today----my dd17 and graduating goes to a workout almost everyday--is looking great----I must remember to try to look half decent for her big day----SOOSOSOSOSOSO-----help me cows help me!!!!!!!!!! I am reading "Fall on Your Knees"----written by a Canadian,and takes place in Nova Scotia----AND it also is Oprah's book this month----'bout time she noticed us,after all the money and fanfare she gets from us~!!!!! okay---so who already knew that Rosie was GAY????? answers please.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:30 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default How absurd

Eat less, exercise more? What kind of a plan is that?

And what's this? Looks vaguely naughty. I'm thrilled with all these new little fun things. I've been needing a for a long time. It's something I do alot.

I totally agree about Francine, Sug. She must have a giant ego, to say this: And, because I have personally benefited from word of mouth with The CyberMom Dot Com's success, I
will ask one more thing of each of you. If you or anyone in your
circle requires the services of an advertising agency....please
pass along our name
I actually thought she was going to say something like "we've set up a forum on our website for you to contact your old friends" or something like that. What kind of person says "since you've been good for us in the past, please go out and get us some more business"????????

My little dd went on a ski trip with a bunch of middleschoolers and a teacher, just for the afternoon. Only problem I see is that it poured rain for about a whole day, and then got cold and snowed about 1/2". Doesn't sound like great skiing to me, but what do I know? Oh there is another problem--she forgot to call me to tell when to pick her up. So she will be hanging around for a looooong time this evening.

Last night she had show choir practice in the evening and DH went to pick her up and forgot where she was . He had to drive around town trying to figure it out after she wasn't where he thought she was, and she had to wait almost 1/2 an hour. We are just disfunctional parents, let's face it.

Oh, hi Bagz, you snuck in and posted while I was blabbering on. I want to read Fall on Your Knees too. I had no idea about Rosie. After all, she has had a lifetime crush on Tom Cruise.

Later, all you 's (Read SowCows -- or InkMoos....)

Kiwi
Old 02-28-2002, 06:53 PM   #14  

Default So far so good

I've made it to 3:45 in the afternoon of day 1. The dietician gave me general guidelines, like 2 fruits, 3 veggies, take vitamins, drink a ton of water, cut back on everything, count calories. Nothing is off limits, but with only 1200 calories to spend, I know I'd better not squander too many on junk. I don't know if she is the magic bullet, but I had to do something to get ahold of myself. My first goal is to get below 30% body fat (we will figure that out next week), then we'll worry about setting a realistic goal weight.

Give poor Francine a break. She's only trying to make a buck. I used to sell real estate, so I know all about exploiting every friendship clear back to nursery school.

Of course I knew Rosie is gay. The tabloids have been leaking that story for months around here. Don't you Canadians have trash journalism???

I want to read "Fall on your knees" too, Bagzie, but I'm waiting for the price to come down on half.com. All the Oprah books sell so many copies, there are lots for sale for cheap if I can only be patient enough.

Kiwi, don't ever move to the big city. You'd lose that kid for sure.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:31 PM   #15  
cow with the double chin

Thumbs up PLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Francine is a ninny. Furthermore, she can kiss my big butt!!!!
Sorry, but I found that inappropriate. So, her valued members weren't worth diddly when she went off the *air*so to speak (I understand about her personal problems, but they could have left the site up with one page saying sorry or SOMETHING) but now that she has a new venture we are dear to her.

Wabby, hope the dietician works for you. You can share all with us, and maybe we will all finally become the little ladies inside of ourselves.

Sug, wait until DS gets older and finds other uses for that toilet paper!!! Like trees!!! LOL I swear, my boys beg me every time they are here to go and TP the house down the street. I am always soooooooooooooo tempted as the twirp that lives in that house egged my car on halloween and has ruined my car door. Don't even ask about his parents reactions. That is a joke!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I do have a lawyer now...maybe I may have a new paint job!!! hee hee

Kiwi, you are dirty old lady, but I totally agree!!!!

Gotta go watch Survivor!!!! I missed the hoopla since I was in school. Saw part of the first season, gonna watch tonite.

I LOVE the new

And Kiwi ( I think it was you) I am wondering about this one too!!
Closed Thread