The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2

Diva
03-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree. I think Brittney totally rocked that dress! I loved it. Think she'll let me borrow it sometime? :p I thought they all looked fabulous, even Kelly, and I can't stand her. Her hair looked great. I liked Dan's hair better too. Kind of had that Bon Jovi cut goin' on.

xGurlyGrlx
03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
They all looked SOOO good. I personally think Kelly looked amazing. She looked very pretty. I think I was the only laughing hysterical at Dan's new haircut. I think he almost looks worse now.
I don't think Brittany's dress did her justice. She looks much smaller in her normal workout clothes. :dunno:

sportmom
03-21-2008, 12:23 AM
True about her looking smaller in her workout clothes. I couldn't believe how narrow she looked during the treadmill challenge.

Just for fun, i tried walking backward on the t'mill tonite, with no incline and at 1.0 You all should try it - MUCH harder than it looks. No matter how hard you try, there is a natural tendency to walk off the darn thing and you have to keep running backward to regain your position. it was def awkward!

NemesisClaws
03-21-2008, 08:05 AM
I can't wait for the finale so we can see who really put in the effort to lose weight. Last season, with the exception of a few, I didn't really see where the majority of the voted off contestants really work their butt off....

ksk571
03-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Did you guys see this? It may have been on the closed post, I haven't looked yet.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Biggest-Loser-Viewers/800035878

It looks like the top two at the end compete for the big prize, and we get to vote on the third person.

SoulBliss
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow! I wonder who it will be. Who would you all vote for?

ksk571
03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I also wonder if we vote from the other top two or if it's a vote from everyone that was ever on the campus. It doesn't really say that I could tell.

Andi18
03-21-2008, 10:57 PM
It does say that the 3rd will be one of the two below the yellow line.

"The two who lose the least — falling below the show's infamous "yellow" line — will be left to pray people care enough to vote them into a spot in the live finale, airing April 15."

It will be interesting to see who the final 4 are...My guess is the guys unless Ali and Kelly can put up some huge numbers the next 2 weeks.

Shay
03-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Well if Kelly is still there and in the bottom 2 I would definitely vote for her. I'm thinking that could be a possibility because how much more can Mark really lose? Can he pull anymore big numbers?

dixied
03-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd find it funny if Mark and Jay had to go up for this vote against each other.

Shay
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
dixiedieter--I would love it. I think America would vote for Jay to stay.

onthetee
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Well if Kelly is still there and in the bottom 2 I would definitely vote for her. I'm thinking that could be a possibility because how much more can Mark really lose? Can he pull anymore big numbers?

I was thinking that myself. If he were to get to the 160s at his height, he would be unhealthy.

onthetee
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Commercial here for Tyson's Anytizers.

Who eats chicken parts that are spelled "wyngs"? Seriously! That is not food!

onthetee
03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
The boys' club makes me puke!!! Barf barf barf barf.

I am sooooo happy for Kelly that I am chair dancing for her right here on the couch. I am no Kelly fan, but I am so freakin' sick of the guys....puke.

Please, dear sweet heaven, send Mark home!!

Shay
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
That is so funny. I'm working on a paper for school--how I managed to get a A last semester with watching tv and working on papers at the same time is a miracle--and I came on here just to say PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSE I hope they send Mark's behind home. It would make so much sense to me.

Shay
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
How can you be so freaking stupid??? Mark only needs to lose like 2 more--maybe more--pounds and he can win the whole game! He can go home and sit on his behind until the finale. I've been skipping watching American Idol for this??? Dan and Jackie look good!

zinkemomx2
03-26-2008, 12:10 AM
03-19-2008, 07:36 PM #973
likenoother

Updated %

Dan--36%
Mark--35%
Ali--34%
Roger--33%
Jay--30%
Kelly--27%

Based on last weeks percentages I disagree with your comment about Mark being able to win. He doesn't really have any more weight to lose. Dan can still probably lose another 15-20 pounds on the ranch so he is a far bigger threat than Marks maybe 10 pounds.

Based on the girls from past seasons Ali could lose probably another 15-20 pounds. Roger could probably lose another 45 and Jay another 20. That leaves Kelly who could potentially lose 55 more pounds.

Realistically, I don't think Kelly can lose hers fast enough to catch up to the guys but she definitely has the biggest potential to be the biggest loser.

So that really leaves Roger to win if he stays. IMO

NemesisClaws
03-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Missed the show last night...what happened guys???!!! Who got voted off???

zinkemomx2
03-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Dan and Mark were below the yellow and they voted out Dan.

Tomato
03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
I am so upset - I could not watch The Biggest Loser! Ontario had another stupid snow storm and when I was ready to fire up the TV, I noticed that my satellite receiver has a red light. I tried calling Starchoice but the recording only said they are "experiencing a very high volume of calls and to please call back at another time", after which cheerful message it automatically disconnected me.

I went to check my satellite dish and of course, it was BURIED under a blanket of very wet ice. I even waded across the yard, to the shed, for a ladder but it was pointless - the dish is too far on the roof and there was no way to do anything about it. I returned the ladder into the shed [10 calories burned].

I was SO UPSET - this is something I look forward to the entire week. Couldn't the stupid storm happen on another night? Aaargh.

Ok. I know now that Dan was voted off. I am actually laughing but last week, I was thinking " I hope you will be sorry one day that you did not vote Mark out" - and voila, one week later, here we go! LOL

Please somebody tell me some more - what was last night's challenge? Did anybody have immunity?

zinkemomx2
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Here (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/Shows/The-Biggest-Loser/Stories/Competition-Heats-Up-With-Only-Six-Contestants-Left) is an excellent recap site.

dixied
03-26-2008, 03:22 PM
OMG! I just spit soup out thru my nose at that site! Here's the recap of the popquiz results.....

"Since Dan is closest, he wins! He congratulates himself for being proven the smartest person in the house. I mean, it's like, him versus Roger. Don't fill out that MENSA application yet, is all I'm saying."

ouch! Didn't make him smart enough to stay above the yellow line, did it?

RobertW
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Based on last weeks percentages I disagree with your comment about Mark being able to win. He doesn't really have any more weight to lose.

I was thinking that too, until I realized that the contestants are not penalized for losing lean bodyweight, so Mark can go ahead and drop another 70#+ of water, muscle and bone. In fact, since one pound of muscle is 75% water, it only takes something like 500 Cal. to burn off a pound of muscle vs. 3,500 Cal for a pound of fat. It won't be healthy, but Mark could drop weight like crazy once his fat stores are exhausted, if he keeps starving and working out! He should drop all the weight training and just do endless cardio on a 500 Cal./day diet.

Robin41
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Here (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/Shows/The-Biggest-Loser/Stories/Competition-Heats-Up-With-Only-Six-Contestants-Left) is an excellent recap site.

Fantastic recap. More entertaining than the actual show.

dixied
03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Fantastic recap. More entertaining than the actual show.

The recaps are so good, I'm going back and reading them even though I know what happened.

I love this part about the Fashion Show and Makeover segment...

Dan has lost over 100 pounds. He…uh….is he wearing a wig? Dan has a combination bowl cut/mullet -- a bowllet? -- with big cowlicks and some serious shades. He looks like Cynthia Nixon's girlfriend. Better than Bruce Vilanch, I guess. It's incremental progress.

I told ya'll he looked like a woman!

ksk571
03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Another noteable line from this week's recap:

I do think Jay is an okay guy, and certainly the most palatable of Kappa Assa Pride.

:rofl: Thanks for pointing out that recap, Zinkemom!!

dixied
03-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Odd question, but I'm sitting here at work and can't remember...Did Kelly cry any last night? Remember how she usually cried at least three times an episode at the begining? Now its the guys crying. I don't remember her crying at all last night.

sportmom
03-26-2008, 05:49 PM
I was thinking that too, until I realized that the contestants are not penalized for losing lean bodyweight, so Mark can go ahead and drop another 70#+ of water, muscle and bone. In fact, since one pound of muscle is 75% water, it only takes something like 500 Cal. to burn off a pound of muscle vs. 3,500 Cal for a pound of fat. It won't be healthy, but Mark could drop weight like crazy once his fat stores are exhausted, if he keeps starving and working out! He should drop all the weight training and just do endless cardio on a 500 Cal./day diet.

You're right as always Robert, and I don't put it past him at all.

This gives a new explanation to why all the contestants look "drop dead g.... gaunt" on the finale show. They don't look pumped up with muscle, they look hungry and weak!!!

I am totally in love with Ali's body. I want an upperbody just like hers!!! She looks so perfect with just the right amount of muscle bulge when she's standing there in the weigh-ins. That tank looks great on her. Kelly's not there yet, but give her time..........

Kelly did not cry!! She got close to a disgusted cry (not a pity cry just a frustrated cry) when she was recalling on camera how all the guys really ganged up on her at the challenge and her table was overflowing, but she looked away and stopped herself. And about that challenge, so funny how that mattered NOTHING in the end!

Shay
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Sportmom--I agree with you about Ali. She looks fantastic.

About voting off Dan--after calming down I understand why Roger would vote off Dan because right now he is his biggest competition. But Mark is like the person that will never go away. He gets on my freaking nerves and shave why don't you? You look like you haven't bathed in weeks. He looks a bit gaunt to me now. I just do not want him in the final three.

Current %
Mark--36% Ali--36% (Dan--36%)
Roger--35%
Jay--31%
Kelly--29%

ksk571
03-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Current %
Mark--36% Ali--36% (Dan--36%)
Roger--35%
Jay--31%
Kelly--29%

So on the information that the top 2 automatically go to the finals and we pick the third.....if Ali can stay on top, then it would be Mark and Ali (unless one of them gets eliminated) and we would pick between Roger and Jay. I would pick Jay. Of course these are all hypotheticals, but I'm already starting my scenario obsessions. :o Although Kelly has grown on me the past few weeks (minimal crying as far as I can tell). I was so excited last night by her weigh in which cemented one of the cocky blue team members outster!

Tomato
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM

Zinkemomx2, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! That's an awesome site - whoever said it was even better than watching the show was right. I enjoyed all those comments! The boys started to seriously tick me off long time ago.
I am amazed that Kelly and Ali lost 7 pounds each. WAY TO GO, GIRLS!!!

Hun.e.B
03-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Dee...I was on the elliptical last night(this has no relevance to the story I'm just overly proud of myself LOL) and my dd says about Kelly "I dont like her, all she does is cry" LOL! But, then I was thinking, yeah but she hasnt been that bad the past few episodes, I dont think she cried at all this time! Perhaps she's finding her inner strength??

Diva
03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm just now getting to watching the show, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they voted off the "smartest" guy on campus. I was so over him! I'm also over Roger. I used to really like this guy, but the more weight he losses, the bigger a$$ hole he becomes. The guys behavior during the challenge disgusted me.

I cannot believe how tiny Ali has gotten! OMG! She looks great!

Hun.e.B
03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
LOL okay I guess I'm in the minority..the guys dont bother me at all. I totally get why they did the challenge the way they did. The friendship just means more I guess.

And Ali...OMG she looks amazing!! No offense to BL but that girl did most of that on her own..not on campus like they are claiming! She rocks!

zinkemomx2
03-26-2008, 09:03 PM
I agree about Ali doing her work at home. She must have been kicking butt.

It was a fluke that I found that TV Without Pity site. It is hysterical. I also went back and read about a bunch of other episodes. I saw they recap quite a few different shows but I haven't read any of them yet.

I really don't think Mark or Jay can pull it off even if they stay. As long as none of them get sloppy when they get home I think it will be between Ali and Roger unless Kelly really starts kicking things into high gear after she gets home.

Shay
03-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I really think Roger will win it all. I'm hoping Ali or Kelly will come in second place. Kelly could go home and do fantastic. Last season Amy and Julie really suprised me. Here's hoping she gets home and realizes it is okay to do for herself. Her schedule as a nurse may be tricky too but we shall see.

rockstar87
03-27-2008, 01:43 AM
Aly was I think 230 when she started and, according to nbc website, is 5'5". To beat someone like Roger she'd have to get down to like 125 which just seems like too much. She looks fantastic at 149 and I can't imagine her wanting to go below 130.

Kelly on the other hand started at 271 and is like 5'3" so she'd probably have a better shot at matching Rogers %.

I was so happy for the girls last night...I dunno why the boys were so shocked they pulled it off since neither of them have dropped below the yellow line as an individual.

As for the boys, it wasn't their strategy at the challenge that drove me nuts, but the way they were EATING the food. Like...way to rub it in and act like cocky, arrogant children. It was so tactless. Just play the challenge. I don't see what was to be accomplished by them stuffing their face with pizza and fries. That really irritated me.

vixjean
03-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Last night was an AWESOME episode, they actually showed some working out this time. =)~
I love you gals, I just looked at tvwithoutpity.com and was cracking up.
The smartest guy in the house would not have left his cake, DAMN, you go girl! It turns out, I LOVE KELLY, I think on the scale when she lost 7 or whatever, she should have been all, 'thanks for the cake dan' hahahaha! Guess Dan should have helped save brintney last week, bet he is regreting that now, did he honestly think Roger would drag him along for the ride, when he has to answer to the whiny accented baby brothers? LMAO!

vixjean
03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
But Mark is like the person that will never go away. He gets on my freaking nerves and shave why don't you? You look like you haven't bathed in weeks. He looks a bit gaunt to me now. I just do not want him in the final three.
Mark actually looked VERY handsome before the damn beard!

Oh yeah, and I would have taken the 10 grand, (unless he has money laying around at home or something).
I mean you have a 1/6 chance of taking home a quater million. but a 100% chance of getting 10 thousand. And then you are all still on the same playing field with the weight, but you are 10 thousand richer, that really annoyed me.

sportmom
03-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Totally would have taken the money too. He only bought himself one week longer actually - next week it's a new ball game and he'd still have that $10K but the 1 pound is long out the window. Fool.

I kept waiting for someone to see if he even needed the pound as it turned out. I don't think he did. Has anyone done the math? I think he would have been fine, still on the show and $10K richer.

Hun.e.B
03-27-2008, 11:58 AM

Oh yeah, and I would have taken the 10 grand, (unless he has money laying around at home or something).
I mean you have a 1/6 chance of taking home a quater million. but a 100% chance of getting 10 thousand. And then you are all still on the same playing field with the weight, but you are 10 thousand richer, that really annoyed me.

1:6 chance at quarter of a million are good enough for me to go for it! I would totally have taken the 1 lb pass. The idea is to stay at the ranch, to me taking the 10K was almost like saying...ok I'm done.

Tomato
03-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

dixied
03-27-2008, 02:04 PM
May this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

I think's it's been debated before, but since you asked...nope, I don't think it's quite fair, but the women who sign up know what they're getting in for. I'd like to think that when they sign up they do it to actually get healthy, not for the money. In my mind, if I only made it one week, it would still be worth the experience. After all you get a great trainer and diet plan without shelling out the $1700/week that the spa costs. I looked up the price of the spa that the winner of last weeks challenge is going to go to, and it's about $1700 a week, if you share a room. So in my mind, if I take $1700 and multiply it by the weeks I remained on campus, that's how much I'd have "won", even if I wasn't the Biggest Loser. Does that make sense? I'm hopped up on painkillers right now because my back is out, so I'm probably just rambling. *hey look a bunny* lol

RealCdn
03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
It's sad, but all I could think of is that the girls missed the perfect way to freak out the boys and start breaking the bonds. All they had to do was pick one of the guys (Mark or Jay) and put every piece of food on that guy's table. We would quickly find out if the boys were as united as they thought they were. I am glad though that it came down to two guys below the yellow line.

I really like taping it and fast forwarded it. I think the link given will wean me off the show completely. :)

Dea
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the link!!
I am glad that dan is gone....I had had enough of the cocky 21 year old.
I recall him singing on a previous episode....hope he finds himself a day job out in LA. He might look good, but not that good.
Ali, on the other hand looks amazing!! I was so glad to see a smile on Kelly's face for a change!

RobertW
03-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

Depends upon which men and women they pick. Aly is better that at least 80% of the men that have appeared on the show, but the deck is definitely stacked against the women. Nature intended women to be less lean than men, so these contests are going to be unfair.

vixjean
03-27-2008, 08:56 PM
It's sad, but all I could think of is that the girls missed the perfect way to freak out the boys and start breaking the bonds. All they had to do was pick one of the guys (Mark or Jay) and put every piece of food on that guy's table. We would quickly find out if the boys were as united as they thought they were. I am glad though that it came down to two guys below the yellow line.

YES! I totally agree!

SoulBliss
03-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Maybe this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

I wish they would calculate the BODY FAT percentage lost.

I would love to see a show where they find people with similar stats (body fat etc.) and THEN have a competition.

dixied
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I've been sitting at my desk reading the forums over at that recap site, and WOW, those folks can be vicious! I did read, though, that Brittney did find out that she has PCOS the week before she was voted off. So now we know who it was that had PCOS that didn't know.

I'm going to include some of the funnier quotes for that board for your enjoyment:

About Dan:

How rich is his family? Huge house, and he can afford to just move to LA?

Not rich enough to afford some voice lessons and some soap.

About Kelly:

Yep. She still walks like someone in one of those rubber monster suits in a Japanese movie. She's a lot smaller than she was. I have friends that walk around like that, and they are of a correct weight for their height. It's a self-confidence thing.

Regarding pride on three:

Word to whoever said "cry on three." that made me laugh.

ksk571
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Word to whoever said "cry on three." that made me laugh.

:rofl: CRY ON THREE. CRY ON THREE. ONE. TWO. THREE. CRY!

Hun.e.B
03-28-2008, 10:40 PM
wow, first Mark is a cheater now Dan and his family are embezzlers? Thats harsh.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I actually like the way the guys have been playing as a team...even down to the "pride on three." Of course, they won't be able to play as a team for much longer. Soon, they'll have to start picking each other off.

Kelly has really grown on me. And, Allie....Wow! What an awesome waist on that young lady!

I was glad to see Dan go as he was getting just a bit too overconfident. But, I was pretty cocky at that age, too. I know...shocking huh? :D

I have a recommendation for making things more fair on future seasons....."(insert female contestant name here) is on her TOM this week, so she has a 3 pound pass for this week's weigh-in." Seriously, do you ever wonder if it is their time when they pull a real low number? That must be incredibly frustrating!

Diva
03-29-2008, 10:04 AM

I would have kept the $10 grand too! The way I see it, 1 pound isn't gonna mean chit. There's NO guarantee that he would win the grand prize & be the biggest loser, but he would have been $10 grand richer and could have taken his wife on a nice vay-cay with that, but whatever....I was yelling @ the TV!:dizzy:

dixied
03-29-2008, 04:20 PM
wow, first Mark is a cheater now Dan and his family are embezzlers? Thats harsh.

I intentionally didn't include that quote because I thought it was unfair. You know how some less-moderated forums are, some people choose to be jerks just because it isn't real life. (OMG, we agreed on something)

juliemax
03-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Kelly was spotted in her hometown last weekend and she looks fabulous!

betty grrl
03-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a recommendation for making things more fair on future seasons....."(insert female contestant name here) is on her TOM this week, so she has a 3 pound pass for this week's weigh-in." Seriously, do you ever wonder if it is their time when they pull a real low number? That must be incredibly frustrating!

I think that would be sooo rockin!!! Or I would think they should have 2 winners~since it is couples!!! I think it is unfair with the whole male/female thing.

I am sooo glad Dan is gone. He was getting way to over-confident that he was starting to get really mean to Ali & Kelly. I'm still not too fond of Kelly BUT I do hope it's one of the girls that gets crowned Biggest Loser.

Shay
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
juliemax--Oh oh, that's good. Kelly has grown on me too and I want her to do fantastic. Maybe she will be able to walk with some confidence and begin loving herself a bit more!

Shay
03-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I think people making those statements about Dan's family are silly. They run a non profit organization for kids. A lot of well to do, wealthy, rich people run non profits. Does it mean they are embezzling funds? No it means they may not take a salary or if they do its not much. Non profit means its not about the money its about the cause! They are giving back. Please give them some credit.

Jen415
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Kelly was spotted in her hometown last weekend and she looks fabulous!

Dang! I just live down the road from her! Maybe I'll spot her out sometime!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
03-31-2008, 03:46 PM
thats so cool! i couldtn stand kelly in the beginning but i have grown to really like her!

vixjean
04-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Yes, they should have biggest loser male and female!!!! =)~
(I always call the show 'big fat loser')

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-01-2008, 12:43 PM
i agree i think they should have a female winner and a male winner, it just seems like the fair thing to do

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
so do you all think that the girls will kick some butt tonight like they did last week!?

dixied
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I hope the girls kick butt tonight, but at this point, I'm not placing bets on anyone but Roger for the finals. I think he'd have to have a serious stall not to make it now.

From the desk of the numbers dork, here's the current stats:

Ali - 36%
Mark - 36%
Roger 35%
Jay - 31%
Kelly - 29%

It looks like Ali and Mark have it wrapped up, until you figure in the fact that they are close to being left with nothing to lose, since they are both at healthy weights now. Jay and Kelly are both under 200 already, but Kelly still has more to lose than Jay, since he's 7 inches taller than she is. Roger is under 240 (?) According to one "ideal weight" table, he could be as low as 180. Kelly could be able to get down as low as 133. Jay as low as 172. Good greif, it says Mark could go as low as 157. Gross. He'd be skeletal. Ali could lose down to 114. (all according to the ideal weight charts I googled, not my personal opinion)

Tina30
04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Can't wait to see what cheesy advertisments they have in tonights show!LOL!

iwmonn
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I'd love to see Ali win. I've always liked her and her determination (and her smile is absolutely radiant). Her mom, on the other hand, always kind of got on my nerves lol. I'm afraid she may go below the line tonight though because she has had so many phenomenal weeks since she came back. If she does, regardless of who else goes under she will probably be gone. Isn't this the last week they have to worry about the yellow line?

I'd like to see Roger gone tonight. :devil: I started out really liking him, but he's turned into a mean, macho, booger. Dan was another favorite at the beginning, but after mom left and the Boys got hold of him he got a fat head too...... BUT they have all done great things!!! I'm not trying to take anything away from that!!! Just my humble opinion :hat:

I totally agree with those who think there should be a male and a female loser. OK so it IS possible for a woman to beat the odds and win, but it's so much more difficult. And they should also use people who's beginning percentages are more in line with each others.

It is so hard to stay out of here after the show starts for you on the other coast!!! I usually can't, but I have to pretend I don't know what's going to happen or dh gets all snippy and wants to change the channel hehehe.

Sooooo Happy Watching tonight!!!!!!!!
:grouphug: Dee

dixied
04-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Let's look at hotels on Travelocity? Like NBC lets them pick their own hotel. :D

I love the alliance. I think if it sticks it's truely anyones game. I wonder if Mark and Jay are going to split the money if one of them wins?

ksk571
04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
3FC's very own Hun.e.B's hula hooping video was featured at the beginning of tonight's show. Looking good Melissa!!

dixied
04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
3FC's very own Hun.e.B's hula hooping video was featured at the beginning of tonight's show. Looking good Melissa!!

I had skipped over it, so I went back and looked. Dang Melissa, how heavy is that thing? I've never been able to use hula hoop. Any tips?

Heck, since I'm the only one here I'm going to just edit my last post til someone shows up :lol::

Ali - What's with the arm phobia, she looks amazing. I'd kill for arms like that. When she was walking in the market with Jillian, they looked about the same size.

Mark versus the lobster, too funny. I didn't realize Jillian was related to God. I'm with Kelly on oysters. Yuck!

That challenge sounds hard!

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Daggone it. It was 8:15pm and then I was like OMG I've got to watch the show. I missed Melissa's video!!!

Diva
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM

That was awesome! I think tonight's show is my favorite so far this season. :) Ali looks awesme, and how sweet was that of Mark to wait for her? :) Not saying anyhting is going on, but they have great chemisty.

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:12 PM
LOL at what Mark's wife said to him! Are you crying again?

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:13 PM
That was awesome! I think tonight's show is my favorite so far this season. :) Ali looks awesme, and how sweet was that of Mark to wait for her? :) Not saying anyhting is going on, but they have great chemisty.

I thought the same thing. I hope his wife isn't the jealous type. Not that I think anything is going on, but in my experience ......OMG, his wife asking "Are you crying AGAIN?"

How cool was is that Ali's grandma is from Austraila and she got to call her?

Diva
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I thought the same thing. I hope his wife isn't the jealous type. Not that I think anything is going on, but in my experience ......OMG, his wife asking "Are you crying AGAIN?"

How cool was is that Ali's grandma is from Austraila and she got to call her?

I thought it was totally cool. :)

His wife asking him that about crying cracked me up! LOL! I dunno, if I were the wife, I'd be a little jealous, especially if I were still overweight...but then again, I'm the jealous (Aries) type, lol!:dizzy:

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Isn't it fantastic to hear Kelly have confidence in herself? Actually saying she could be the first woman Biggest Loser? Good for her!

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I love Allison's dress.

Okay, WTH is with that black banner that says 8.8.08? Is my tv sending me subliminal messages?

Diva
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
What's up with the date they keep showing? 8.8.08? Is this what I am seeing? What does it mean man (said in my Ren & Stimpy voice)?

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh my if Roger goes below the yellow line with Jay he is gone! And the editing kills me because before the last commercial break they acted as if Ali had gained based on Jillian's reaction. Whatever!

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Allison's dress is cute.

ksk571
04-01-2008, 10:40 PM
What's up with the date they keep showing? 8.8.08? Is this what I am seeing? What does it mean man (said in my Ren & Stimpy voice)?

The Olympics begin on 08-08-08 at 8 pm...apparently on NBC :)

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah, Roger is above the yellow line. That was close!

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
holy hades batman!

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead! He better be going home....

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:45 PM
What....Jay don't be stupid. If Mark goes for that he is SELFISH!!!!

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:46 PM
A...hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they send Mark home instead. WTF!!!

Diva
04-01-2008, 10:48 PM
The Olympics begin on 08-08-08 at 8 pm...apparently on NBC :)
Thanks!

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I love that Roger thought that was the worst case senario. If he only knew they were all plotting against him now. I truely don't think there's any way he can't win now. This week he hasn't been as obnoxious IMO. I really liked him at first, but it seemed that without Trent he fed off Dan's energy too much. Too much "he-man woman hater's club" vibe. Dan's gone and now either the editing is portraying him better or he's backed away from the testoserone.

Diva
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm sad to see Jay go. He's the nicest "teddy bear" guy on the show. :(

Shay
04-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Ridiculous (sp)? What weight does Mark really have left to lose???? Why can't you let you brother stay another week and be in the game until the finale so he can lose so more weight? Dysfunctional!!! Pisses me off!

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:55 PM
How many calories does crying burn? I hope their family own stock in Kleenex.

dixied
04-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm sad to see Jay go. He's the nicest "teddy bear" guy on the show. :(

He was nice, I don't think we ever heard him bad mouth another team or player.

iwmonn
04-01-2008, 11:00 PM
wow... i still have another hour before tbl starts but wow.... that is not at all what I expected to happen. Bummer. bbl :wave:

Shay
04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Now that we know who the four are for next week, any predictions for who will be below the yellow line?

I love the summer olympics. I'm excited about that!

vixjean
04-01-2008, 11:13 PM
OMG! If I see one more man tear! Crazy....
Mark SO SELFISH, should have taken one for the team. I really hope he does not win.
Jay, are you stupid, why did you even bother if you are just going to hand it over to someone else, what a quitter?
Ali, shut up about your arms, you are teeny-tiny lady now,
Kelly, DAMN, she is still there, doing things I would struggle doing, that really made me cry when the lady was helping her run, you go girl, Tear it up girl!
Roger, is looking better everyday, he really needed Dan as a side kick.
Ali the hostess, how many freckles do you have? (I watched in HD tonight and realized she has about 60 thousand freckles-not that that's bad, just never noticed before!)

As for the flirting, YES it was flirting!

Nori71
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
HD is crazy!! Some anchors I see regularly on TV looked so different I assumed they'd had "work" or some sort - except some look worse.

I haven't seen the show yet, but this doesn't shock me I guess...that Jay would just kinda go down without a fight? Is that what happened? He doesn't even have his vacation now.

missingmyerica
04-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Wow...where to begin? Australia looks so beautiful and I'm glad the contestants got the extra bonus of getting to travel and see such a beautiful place. Everyone looks so amazing, you wouldn't recognize them from the beginning of the show.

Ali: OMG....what can you say? She is gorgeous! She is the biggest transformation I have ever seen on BL. She is so toned and athletic now....amazing. :)

Kelly: She doesn't realize she isn't morbidly obese anymore. She still lumbers along like she is carrying an extra 100lbs on her body. I would love to see her at her goal weight and feeling comfortable in her skin. She always seems so physically and mentally uncomfortable. Although I do believe she is much better than she was when the show first started. It seems like she forgot how to be feminine.:(

Roger: I sorta felt bad for him this week because I wonder how he's going to feel when he finds out the guys were plotting against him with the girls. He takes the pride on three thing seriously and I think he's going to be hurt.

Mark: I wonder if Mark never dealt with emotions before losing the weight and now he is dealing with years of pent up, unexpressed emotion? It all seems so overwhelming to him, and I find myself feeling sorry for him. I can totally understand how hard it is to lose food as your comfort and now have to deal with emotions instead of stuffing them down with food. I think he's dealing with emotions for the first time and he is just totally unable to hold back the tide. :( meh.

Jay: What a nice guy. I'm sure he's been told that his whole life, but he truly seems to be one. He looks absolutely amazing and I think it's so great he can use his new found fitness to increase awareness and raise money for his daughter's illness. I think Roger summed it up when he said Jay spent his whole life in his brothers shadow and now it's time for him to shine! Shine on Jay!!

This has been my favorite season, I can't wait to see next week!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
good show! i would have voted off mark! best part of the show is when his wife asked him if he was crying again! LOL!!

alli looks amazing! kelly is really starting to look good too!

betty grrl
04-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Well missingmyerica, you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!! It's sooo nice to see that everyone does really care about eachother!!!

As for Mark! I thought that was soooo sweet of him to have a "tie" with Ali. I thought for sure he would've taken Jay with him. My fiance and I got started cracking up when Ali ran with Mark on her back across that finish line!!!

I'll be happy if one of the girls get the "Biggest Loser" title. But at this point I think I'd be happy no matter who won!

Hun.e.B
04-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Mark already took one for the team it was Jay's turn. Besides it was smarter for Roger, Kelly and Ali to get rid of Jay, Mark probably wont lose much more. So I dont see what the big upset is. Mark will fall below the yellow line, America wont vote him to be #3 so he wont be in the finale anyway. Just opens the door wider for Ali, Kelly and Roger who are the faves.

I thought Mark was fantastic tonight. That was really great to share the prize with Ali since she was with him the whole way.

Shopaholic1204
04-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Wow..its not over yet. Mark is talking to his wife now. LoL!! But Jay went home?? Sad..I had a feeling he would be leaving.

Why is Mark so emotional? LOL!!! I've been away from my hubby for 7 months and he never once cried when he called me (not that I'm aware of, lol)

Manick
04-02-2008, 02:23 AM
:carrot: The girls are still in it! At least ONE will make it to the final...my guess is that Mark will be voted off by America after next week... guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out....

Ack, the crying, the drama...OY...but it makes for exciting TV.

That "Cry on three" post from last week was right on...cracked me up!

Purplefirefly
04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
:cheer: Let's go Kelly, Let's GO! :cheer: When I heard her say the pressure was on her to be the first female biggest loser I was SO excited! She has finally woken up and realized she could hang to the end. I am starting to see some confidence come out of her and that is such a good thing. I think the slumpy walk will get better for the finale...hopefully!

I also would love to see Ali win, but it's not going to happen, she just doesn't have enough to lose, didn't from the very beginning...but her big reward is a whole new life, a very different life than what she would have had before. I do believe her 110% that this has changed her, she will not be one who goes back to fat.

I really felt Mark and Ali seemed a bit too close. His wife was not happy watching that last night, for sure. She better watch out if he keeps in contact with Ali after this is over, she wouldn't be the first wife traded in for a newer model once the guy realizes he's hot now :(

rockstar87
04-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I still say my favourite part was Mark's wife asking him if he was crying again. What'd she say... "You gotta toughen up!" or something like that. Hahahaha. Took the words right out of my mouth.

For whatever reason everyone had for voting Jay, I'm just glad the brothers are broken up. They seriously act like someone is going to go die as soon as they step outside the elimination room. I can only take so much blubbering and it's just funny how the men seem to dominate that these days. Even Kelly's doing better!

I've actually decided that I really like both girls now and for that reason, not even because it'll be the "first female Biggest Loser" I want them to win. Last season Isabeau could've won it, but I didn't care for any of those three women by the end of it. This season both girls have grown on me.

Diva
04-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I was sad to see Jay go, but he would be a bigger threat than Mark. How much more can Mark lose and not be "under weight?" I do think that Mark is a better man because of his experience, but my goodness, he's turned into a bit of a cry baby...geeeez. I used to not be able to handle it when men cry...I'd cry too, but I think Mark has desensitized me, lol! Someone mentioned that maybe he's never dealt with his emotions, other than stuffing them down with food....That could be it. Roger was absolutely right when he said that jay grew out of his brother's shadow.

I think Ali's thing with her arms is, she hasn't shrunk mentally. On the inside, she still feels like that fat girl with all the fat girl insecurities. God bless her heart. She'll get there eventually. It's an emotional and mental process, as well as a physical one. (Great, now I have the Olivia Newton John song in my head).

Kelly is growing on me, and she is starting to look great and good for her finishing that challenge! She still feels like the fat girl inside too, and she has a very manly walk about her, and low self esteem. I think she would do well to take a modeling personal development class. When I was a teen, I was a MAJOR tomboy, and my Mom enrolled me into Millie Lewis Modeling School to "turn me into a girl", and it worked! I learned how to walk and carry myself, how to do my hair and make up, how to sit, all kinds of things and it's stuck with me after all these years.

Still not liking Roger. He'll prolly win the whole thing, but I am rooting for Ali or kelly! I am sooooo gonna call and vote!

How about that dude from the Austrailia show? OMG! He was HOT!!!!

betty grrl
04-02-2008, 09:34 AM
How about that dude from the Austrailia show? OMG! He was HOT!!!!

OMG Adro was smokin!!! I didn't think he would look that good!! He wasn't my favorite in the Australia show but DAMN he really stepped up to the plate!!!!

zinkemomx2
04-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I have been watching the YouTube episodes of Australia Biggest Loser. They ruined the ending for me now that I know Adro won. Oh well.

It does look like Ali and Jillian are about the same size now. The only time I noticed anything wrong with Ali's arms are when she went to brunch with Mark after they won the challenge and she had her monitor on way to tight. You could tell though that it wasn't fat, just the lose skin that needs to tighten.

I really think they should have put a disclaimer when they showed the part where the guys were jumping off the boat at the start of the triathlon. Mark's chest looks great and did you see all those ribs? Roger's wasn't to bad. But my GOD did they have to show Jay's moobs? Ali looked great in her suit and I think if Kelly would have had a different style she would have looked a little better.

I really wish they could get rid of Roger so that the girls can have a chance of winning.

onthetee
04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Kelly is growing on me, and she is starting to look great and good for her finishing that challenge!

I think the best thing that happened to her was having Paul go home.

Hun.e.B
04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I agree he seemed to really bring her down, I dont remember her crying since he's been gone really. Except about how the girls cant beat the guys and yet the girls have won how many in a row? Please when are they gonna stop that negative self talk!? If you keep telling yourself you cant do it...you wont!!

Tomato
04-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I was soooo happy to see the two mopey brothers under the yellow line. Only I wished Mark was kicked out - not that I have any soft spot for Jay, but I just can't take Mark any more .... his crying at the drop of a hat is really getting on my nerves. I had to laugh when his wife asked "Are you crying again?" .... I wonder how she feels about it. The guy just is not enough man for me.

I was stumped when they announced last night's challenge .... I thoughts, the gals don't have a chance. I was very surprised to see how well Ali did - she is such a good swimmer. It was nice of Mark to wait for her (gotta give him credit for that) but I was floored that she, after all the triathlon, was able to carry him on her back to the finish line. Wow!

I was so proud of Kelly that she did finish - I was worried that she may give up somewhere in the middle. It was nice that for the major part she was actually ahead of Roger. I got teary eyed when the lady in the park cheered Kelly on and started to jog with her, and then Kelly picked up again. Good going!

I really did not like how Jillian was forcing the oysters on Kelly. Personally, I would not eat oysters myself, no matter how much other people enjoy them. A lot of people in North America detest liver - how would they feel if somebody shoved a piece of liver into their mouth and forced them to swallow it?
I was going to ask - did Kelly have an injury in the past or something? She walks very funny -she sort of waddles (I can't find a bettery way to describe it).

It was awesome that they were brought over to Australia and it's an interesting twist that they will be without the trainers next week - I can't wait to see the next episode.

Robin41
04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Did you catch that part where Bob was talking about doing TBL on all the continents such as Australia and The United States. USA not a continent there, Sweet Pea. Little less time on glutes, little more on basic knowledge.

Not sure why they made such a big deal over Jay taking the shot to save Mark. The vote was going that way regardless of Jay's "selfless act". Mark has nothing left to lose and can be gotten rid of next week. Jay could still lose 20+ and is the much bigger threat. The women were definitely smart enough to see that and that's all it would have taken.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I think the best thing that happened to her was having Paul go home.

YES! Paul was holding her back! She has done amazing without him!

Shopaholic1204
04-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Well I dunno..I started crying when Jay was sent home. I havent done that since Brittany left. Mark should've been the one to go home though.

I agree about Paul holding Kelly back. She's doing really good..but still a little annoying, lol.

Freem06
04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I have been watching the biggest loser and for some reason it kicked me in gear and so far this year I have lost 20 pounds. I hope a girl wins this time around.

dixied
04-02-2008, 06:15 PM
I gave my inner dork a free reign this afternoon and I came up with a spreadsheet that I find very interesting. Take a look and see what you think. The way the numbers play out (if my formatting is correct) Ali, Roger and Kelly all have the same percentage left to lose. Interesting! Mark has about 6% less to lose, and the way his ribs were showing last night, I hope he stops right where he is!

I keep thinking that if we get to vote, then the next weigh-in really doesn't matter. I guess it's just a guaranteed spot in the finale for the top two. I think they need to have a BL - After Dark show like they do for Big Brother. Let's see how they act when no one is around, then I'll vote! ;)

dixied
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I have been watching the biggest loser and for some reason it kicked me in gear and so far this year I have lost 20 pounds. I hope a girl wins this time around.

:welcome2: That's great! Have you signed up for the next round of Biggest Losers challenges here on the board? We're a fun bunch of chickies!

Shay
04-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I realize Mark has barely anything else to lose and Jay is the bigger threat. I also realize that they would have voted Jay off anyway but...Mark just comes off as very contrived and fake to me. He did the Ali thing because he knew it would look good. Maybe because he is attracted to her...I don't know but letting his brother stand there and say vote for me and for him to just put his head down and not say anything was a b... move to me! Have some class--put up a fight. Act like you care about him more than the game and back up all the crying about how much I love my brother with some true action. Can you tell I don't like him? LOL!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-02-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah i think it was all an act on marks part with waiting on ali and letting his brother just take the fall was not cool

Hun.e.B
04-03-2008, 02:03 AM
I realize Mark has barely anything else to lose and Jay is the bigger threat. I also realize that they would have voted Jay off anyway but...Mark just comes off as very contrived and fake to me. He did the Ali thing because he knew it would look good. Maybe because he is attracted to her...I don't know but letting his brother stand there and say vote for me and for him to just put his head down and not say anything was a b... move to me! Have some class--put up a fight. Act like you care about him more than the game and back up all the crying about how much I love my brother with some true action. Can you tell I don't like him? LOL!

Man that guy just cant get a break huh? Nothing he does is right. He's tough and macho and he gets ripped on, he's soft and sensitive and he gets ripped on. He told everyone to vote him off and he was ripped on, he let his brother stand up and be a man and take the fall and he is ripped on. He gets ripped on for controlling his brother, then ripped on for letting his brother make his own decisions. I really hope he doesn't read message boards or he may end up obese again. As selfish and self centered as this guy supposedly is, he does something kind and nope...gotta be an act. I've seen quotes how he's not man enough and he's a cheater.

I happen to like the guy and the more bashing I see the more I hope for him. I might just pull out my go mark pompoms, he certainly deserves the prize! He's worked darn hard and lost buckets of fat!

SoulBliss
04-03-2008, 02:10 AM
As far as Jay is concerned, I wanted to mention that the name of the disorder his little girl has and link to the site. It's called Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. http://www.beckwith-wiedemannsyndrome.org/tp42/page.asp?ID=28768

Mel, I agree that there is too much criticism in general for what is one side of a person's behavior (appearance, weight loss, attitude etc.) we are shown and Mark seems to bear the brunt of it lately.

Tomato
04-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I happen to like the guy and the more bashing I see the more I hope for him. I might just pull out my go mark pompoms, he certainly deserves the prize! He's worked darn hard and lost buckets of fat!

You may like him as much as you wish, that is your own choice. But I think Ali lost buckets of fat as well, worked just as hard and is not annoying. I would much prefer it be her who wins.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-03-2008, 11:18 AM
You may like him as much as you wish, that is your own choice. But I think Ali lost buckets of fat as well, worked just as hard and is not annoying. I would much prefer it be her who wins.

I agree 100%!

dixied
04-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't have an opinion (how shocking) on Mark and Ali. I think that they all deserve a shot at this point. Lord knows they've all done the work and look great. I think Maaark may have done more mental changing than Ali, as far as becoming the "new me" or whatever Ando was saying. Ali still thinks of herself as heavier. Kelly is finally getting ready to make that mental shift. You could really tell it this week. It put me in mind of watching a butterfly cooming out of it's cocoon. She's still struggling to break free, but she's at least trying now.

I followed a link to the homepage of the Foundation that Jay was organizing the 10K for, and found out his wife is the Vice President of the organization. I had to wonder if the 10K is his penance for not taking the $10,000 and taking her on vacation? :D

RobertW
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow, who could have predicted that doing Yoga for your final workout wouldn't drop as much water weight for the final weigh-in as doing intense cardio in the hot sun on the beach? I guess the producers wanted to make sure that two guys fell below the yellow line.

I am surprised so many people thought Mark's finishing in a tie with Ali was touching. I thought it was just a conniving way to take Ali with him for the romantic brunch and ditch his brother. I hope Mark's wife is not the jealous type.

ksk571
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I gave my inner dork a free reign this afternoon and I came up with a spreadsheet that I find very interesting. Take a look and see what you think. The way the numbers play out (if my formatting is correct) Ali, Roger and Kelly all have the same percentage left to lose. Interesting!

Dee - You're awesome. I think you could be my new best friend!! :lol:

ksk571
04-03-2008, 12:34 PM
As far as Jay is concerned, I wanted to mention that the name of the disorder his little girl has and link to the site. It's called Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. http://www.beckwith-wiedemannsyndrome.org/tp42/page.asp?ID=28768

Thanks SoulBliss! I tried to get online right after the show to read about it, but my internet wasn't cooperating. I forgot to go back and check later.

dixied
04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow, who could have predicted that doing Yoga for your final workout wouldn't drop as much water weight for the final weigh-in as doing intense cardio in the hot sun on the beach? I guess the producers wanted to make sure that two guys fell below the yellow line.

I am surprised so many people thought Mark's finishing in a tie with Ali was touching. I thought it was just a conniving way to take Ali with him for the romantic brunch and ditch his brother. I hope Mark's wife is not the jealous type.

There were a lot of folks speculating that on another forum (about Mark and Ali). I hope we don't see a repeat of Marty and Amy.

Yoga can be a hard workout, but it wouldn't have been my choice for a last chance workout.

Jen415
04-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Good number crunching, Dee! from what you posted it looks like more of an even game than in years past.

NOTE to all: the couple that had a showmance was Marty and Amy, not Eric....

RobertW, you are probably right about the producers manipulating the outcome by having the men do yoga as opposed to what the gals were doing.

dixied
04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Good number crunching, Dee! from what you posted it looks like more of an even game than in years past.

NOTE to all: the couple that had a showmance was Marty and Amy, not Eric....

RobertW, you are probably right about the producers manipulating the outcome by having the men do yoga as opposed to what the gals were doing.

Oops, it was Marty, not Eric. I'll fix that!

Purplefirefly
04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I think they need to have a BL - After Dark show like they do for Big Brother. Let's see how they act when no one is around, then I'll vote! ;)

YES! That is an awesome idea! Only BB does it on cable and I don't have that channel, and am not interested enough to buy it just for one show...but I still think it is a very good idea.

Things have gotten so heated over Mark, wow! I actually like him, but don't think he's going to win. I want one of the girls to win, not just for there to be a first, but because the boys were so cocky and mean spirited through most of the season, I'd like to see them lose. As for him waiting for Ali, I sensed they really had come close, at one point while Allie was talking to them at the end of that challenge Mark was standing behind Alie, kind of leaning in toward her, their heads almost together and I think his hand on her arm, they were just standing really close and I thought "wow, what's up with that?" when I first noticed it. I don't think he waited just to look good, but I don't think it was just to be sappy either, I think he really feels something for her...but only he knows what that something is I guess. I don't feel it was fake, but there might be some feelings there he now wishes weren't so obvious as he watches this at home with his wife :o

I do think Mark should have let Jay stay because he had a better chance at actually winning...but, I don't hate him either for letting his brother volunteer :shrug:

dixied
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Okay, on the Mark and Ali thing, I've decided to have an opinion after all.

I really don't think there is anything hinky or romantic going on there. I think that this is such a tremendously emotional time, that "real life" rules of interaction with the opposite gender don't apply inside your head. I'm not explaining that well at all. I mean to say that I don't think that Mark would act all touchy feely or be such a cry-baby in real life. (Nor do I think he'd normally be so hands-on with a woman who isn't his wife.) But he's lost over 100 pounds in less than 4 months. Sheez, I lost 30 pounds in a year and don't know who I am yet most days, I can't imagine the emontional impact of loosing 100 pounds. Plus there's the entire stress of possible elimination every week. It only takes one bad week. And they're away from their families. And your other contestants are the only ones who can really understand what you're going thru. Bob and Jillian can't understand 100%, Allison can't, and your family, who you can't talk to certainly can't understand. It's almost like they've been to war together. It's like there should be a PTSD-type syndrome for survivors of obesity.

Shay
04-03-2008, 02:05 PM
LOL it has gotten heated over Mark and I am one of the main culprits :)! For him to win he would have to get to an unhealthy weight and I hope BL would not promote that. Whatever too much time has been spent on him anyways.

Dea
04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I missed the Mark/Ali brunch!!
I think they probably have a really strong respect for eachother..for what they have both accomplished ie: loosing the weight, leaving the show and then earning their way back etc.
I feel sorry for the wives of Mark and Jay....nothing is going to come between those brothers...hope the wives get along as well!

I hope Ali wins...although, I guess from the results of past shows, that could be a long shot. I have a new found respect for that lady! I didn't really like her much at the beginning of the show...but she is really an inspiration! Kelly is doing really well too! Paul was dead weight around her shoulders, and has done so much better without him there!
Mark...too many tears for me..but I agree with everyone that it is a very emotional time!
I didn't agree with Bob when he blamed the boys low results on change (or lack) of routine. They did fine when they went to Vegas, and when they went home....so that idea doesn't really fit.
Could be a very interesting next few weeks!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-03-2008, 05:35 PM
its for sure going to be an interesting ending! cant wait!

SoulBliss
04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Dixie dieter, I appreciate your "geeky" chart. Really, it looks like Kelly COULD safely (weight wise) win the thing IF she kicked her butt into gear after she left.

I hope a woman wins.

dixied
04-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I really wanted Kelly to go home when Paul was on with her. Now I really like her, I think if she can make the head/body connection she'll do very well. I know how much she wants a baby, I just hope she waits til after the finale. :D

You ever wonder if the contestants lurk on message boards thinking that we all need to get a life?

Here's a link to an interview with Jay, talking about "cry on three".

http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/04/interview-with-biggest-losers-jay-kruger

SoulBliss
04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
:lol:

NemesisClaws
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM
When they climbed to the top of the bridge, I was totally there with Mark on his fear of heights! Goodness, I can't even imagine doing that stunt!

I really hope Roger does not win this, because out of all of them, he has the most weight to lose yet. It just would be so typical if he did.

I agree with other comments on Kelly seemingly having lost what it means to be a woman again. Her walk is definitely a manly walk, and that's a sign of a low self esteem. I hope the more weight she loses, the more comfortable she is inside her own skin. Time will tell.

One issue regarding the wives of these contestants...most are overweight themselves, and I know that if my husband was on this ranch losing weight, I would be doing my darnest to lose weight back home....for one thing, it would just be too embarassing to be seen on television next to a (now) skinny man with all my blubber....

vixjean
04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Yes Kelly always has her shoulders hunched forward which makes her look SO MUCH heavier than she really is, and her arms folded in front of her chest. I always yell at the tv to Kelly to move her arms so we can see that she really does have shape now.

SoulBliss
04-06-2008, 12:21 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of these people are SHORT. For reference, Jillian is 5'4", isn't she? Take a look at the others when they stand next to her.

dixied
04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of these people are SHORT. For reference, Jillian is 5'4", isn't she? Take a look at the others when they stand next to her.

I think Jillian is 5'-2".

And for the record, 5'-4" is average height of a woman in the US, not short! :D

SoulBliss
04-06-2008, 04:08 PM
:) Well, I certainly didn't mean to offend, and I am well aware what the "averages" are (being someone who has been taller than the average her whole life), but my point remains, if they are the same height or shorter than Jillian, they *will* look very heavy at 200+ pounds.

chick_in_the_hat
04-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not short...I'm vertically challenged. :s:

Diva
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
One issue regarding the wives of these contestants...most are overweight themselves, and I know that if my husband was on this ranch losing weight, I would be doing my darnest to lose weight back home....for one thing, it would just be too embarassing to be seen on television next to a (now) skinny man with all my blubber....

I heard that! I would be too!

vixjean
04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm short, and horizontally challenged, LOL!

Shay
04-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Okay who can I blame--I think it was Dixiedieter--for posting that TBL Austraila is on youtube? I've been watching the first season all weekend. I actually don't mind knowing Adro won it all bc I'm not loving Wal who looks he could have possibly won it all.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
yeah i didnt care much for wal either

cant wait for tonights show!! hope kelly and ali kick butt!!

Tomato
04-08-2008, 01:15 PM

I am glad you made that comment because that's what I was thinking all along. :p

ggmugsy
04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
YES!!! on the wives and their weight.

Did anybody else see Jay on the Today Show? He looks AWESOME!! His wife . . . STILL OBESE.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
yeah you would think the wives would be a bit more motivated to loose after seeing their husbands

Manick
04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok, what do we think? Is this our girl Brit? Found this on her myspace (biggest loser) page....
I cannot find it anywhere else...maybe those more internet savvy can come up with it. Anyway, if so...wowza!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/chemicallydependent1120/brit-shape.jpg

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-08-2008, 05:03 PM
WOW if that is here she looks amazing!

NemesisClaws
04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
On the right hand size of the mag, it says Hillary Duff, but if that's supposed to be her on the cover, I can't tell.

Hun.e.B
04-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Totally looks photoshopped to me.

Manick
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, I saw that...was wondering if this is an excellent Photoshop job?

Tina30
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Photoshop for sure!

Diva
04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Totally looks photoshopped to me.

Me too.

Diva
04-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Earlier today someone joked in another thread about how she was gonna watch TBL tonight and see Kelly cry, and I laughed, but I tell ya, maybe she's missed a few episode's because apparently, Mark lost a couple of other things when he lost the weight. NEVER in my life have I seen a man cry as much as this one. Geeeez....

Okay....Y'all ready??? One...twooo.... three...CRY on Three!!!:dizzy:

iwmonn
04-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Lurking so dh will be amazed at my psychic abilities lol. What's happening!?!?!?!

ksk571
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
OMG!

Yippee!!!

Ali and Kelly in the finals!!

ksk571
04-08-2008, 10:32 PM
I hope Mark gets voted the third because I would love for either of these women to be the first female biggest loser!!!

zinkemomx2
04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Obviously this was more than a 7 day week for them to be dropping that kind of weight. I actually flew out of the chair when Kelly's weight popped on the screen. I hope America votes for Mark to be 3rd. Roger still has to much to lose and could pull it off.

Dixie - Where are you with your fancy charts for us?

RealCdn
04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I have to admit that I haven't really watched the show much over the different seasons. How is the final winner decided? Weight loss on the last week, or total overall loss?

ksk571
04-08-2008, 11:14 PM

That's too funny! I was frantically searching for the chart I printed that she did. Trying to crunch numbers to see what % each one had lost to date. Ali had the highest percentage so far and that's amazing!

I voted for Mark because I would love to see one of the women win. They both did an incredible job and I feel either one would deserve the win. I think they have a better chance against Mark.

Any of the four would deserve a win. They all did incredible!

Diva
04-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I was very very VERY happy for Ali and Kelly! that is soooooooo awesome!!!! GO Ali!!!! I swear me and that girl are so much alike in our hard lives and the reason's we gave up on myself. This episode was a real eye opener for me. I'm feeling kind of emotional and trying to figure out how to put it into words. I figured out when it all went downhill for me and when I gave up. It was 11 freaking years ago! OMG! For Eleven years I have been a zombie.

Someone mentioned Britney's myspace...What is that addy??? Do the rest have one? I'd love to add Ali to mine. :)

ksk571
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Week to week they base it on the weight loss for that week (as to who goes home), but for the ultimate winner it goes on total overall percentage weight loss.

ksk571
04-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Diva - I agree about Ali. She's done amazing but I also can relate to her emotional struggle. Any time she has a break down, I bawl too because her words could be coming out of my mouth!

RealCdn
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Week to week they base it on the weight loss for that week (as to who goes home), but for the ultimate winner it goes on total overall percentage weight loss.

Thanks. It makes it harder for the women, but I'm hoping one of them does take it!

Diva
04-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Diva - I agree about Ali. She's done amazing but I also can relate to her emotional struggle. Any time she has a break down, I bawl too because her words could be coming out of my mouth!

That's how I feel too. I just don't know what to do to tap into this and "fix" it. I don't know anyone here or have any friends close. I've grown apart from my friend's back home and my best friend is skinny and has never been fat a day in her life. For the past 10 years I have isolated myself from all my family, friends and even the world. But tonight, it came to me. The exact moment 11 yrs ago when I gave up on Roni and all her dreams and died on the inside.

Wow...I need a moment.....

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-08-2008, 11:42 PM
ali looks amazing!!! kelly is really starting to show some big body changes too! go girls!!!

Shopaholic1204
04-08-2008, 11:56 PM
dh saw the pic of Brit and he cant stop staring at her..lmao!!

vixjean
04-09-2008, 01:38 AM
zinkemomx2- i jumped off of the couch too! LOL!
Where are you all finding the myspaces for these peps?

Robin41
04-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Anybody else notice how Ali, and maybe Kelly, I'm not sure, were wearing sweatshirts during their final workouts? Makes me wonder how much of those final pounds were the result of dehydration and not exercise and nutrition.

Regardless, Ali looked freakin amazing at the weigh-in.

Manick
04-09-2008, 02:42 AM
I too, was SOOO excited the girls did so well...I agree, obviously they had a bit more time after their return from Australia to put up those kinds of numbers, but I am sure they are excited too and working very hard! All of them did great, but I am very, very pleased to see Ali and Kelly in there for the finale! Ali looks like she is at the finale already...her legs are tiny and thighs are not touching (wouldn't that feel amazing!?) and the changes in Kelly are just remarkable, her confidence and spirit are being released from under the "fat suit" so to speak.

Looking forward to the big finish...and I am extremely inspired myself! I feel like hopping on the treadmill again and it's 10:40 at night! LOL.

Myspace pages, many of the contestants have them, you can find many others from their friends area...here are some links:
Brittany http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=330004052
Trainer Bob
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=64719002

iwmonn
04-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Robin, I noticed the long sleeves too and I mentioned the same thing to dh.

I also said the same thing about ali to him too! LMAO

Tomato
04-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh gosh, what an episode last night!
I could not believe that Roger lost 12 pounds (or something like that) and I thought the girls are doomed, they can't beat that. Oh my - could I have been more wrong?
When Ali stood on the scale, she looked incredible - I swear she was the hottest thing on the planet at that moment. And when Kelly lost 13 pounds, I started to cry (all those episodes of watching Mark must have rubbed off on me :dizzy:).
Yay! Kelly FINALLY spat into her proverbial palms and started to FIGHT.
I felt like I was slightly stoned during the whole episode, I will really hate for this season to be over.

Tough job with the voting. I don't know who I would have voted off - probably Roger, because he has more weight to lose than Mark. Although Mark looked too thin yesterday, especially in the face. But Mark will milk it to the last drop even if he ends up looking like Tom Hanks in the final moments of Philadelphia.
Kelly has a chance to be TBL, but I don't know if she has the spirit (hopefully she does now). I don't know how much more can Ali lose?

Anyway, I will be happy if either girl wins. GO GIRLS, GO!!!!

dixied
04-09-2008, 10:38 AM

Here you go. I accidentaly deleted it yesterday, thankfully it was still in the recycle bin.

I just don't see where Ali can pull 21 more pounds off her tiny little body. Or where Mark could get another 12 pounds from. Kelly, yes, I can see being able to easily lose up to another 45 pounds, because we weigh almost the same thing as of last night. And I know I could stand to lose 45 pounds. ;) Roger maybe could lose the 39 poounds, but I just don't think he'd look healthy.

ggmugsy
04-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Oh, Roni!!! BIG HUG!!!!!

If we all want a woman to win TBL this year I think we all need to vote for Mark.

With regard to dehydration, etc . . . I kind of think that's why Mark's been so emotional. Dehydration messes with your head.

I didn't think Mark looked healthy at all at the end of the show. I was quite sad about it.

dixied
04-09-2008, 12:23 PM
That's how I feel too. I just don't know what to do to tap into this and "fix" it. I don't know anyone here or have any friends close. I've grown apart from my friend's back home and my best friend is skinny and has never been fat a day in her life. For the past 10 years I have isolated myself from all my family, friends and even the world. But tonight, it came to me. The exact moment 11 yrs ago when I gave up on Roni and all her dreams and died on the inside.

Wow...I need a moment.....

I could have written that myself. Eight years ago I moved to Pensacola and gave up everything for a job I hated. Then I married DH and found a new job, both of which I love, and they have become my whole life. I realize now that it's okay to be selfish and want something for myself. That's what 3fc has become for me, my support system, and my sanity, sometimes my insanity. So remember that we're here for you. (And if you want to move to Pensacola, I'd be happy to make you my RL BFF :hug:)

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-09-2008, 12:24 PM
a friend of mine thought maybe they were using laxatives too...so sad to think they would!

Shay
04-09-2008, 01:40 PM
If Kelly can pull up her bootstraps and dig deep...I know she can do this. I want her to win. Ali and Mark are there they can't do much more. I've been rooting for Roger but sorry gotta vote for Mark. LOL we are playing the game just like them. I wonder how many people won't vote for Mark just because they don't like him? Can you vote more than once?

dixied
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Shay - I believe you can vote 100 times per email addy.

iwmonn
04-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Voting 100 X seems silly to me. One person = one vote. At least in a perfect world lol. Seriously tho, what is the purpose of allowing that many votes? Any clues?

Diva
04-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I could have written that myself. Eight years ago I moved to Pensacola and gave up everything for a job I hated. Then I married DH and found a new job, both of which I love, and they have become my whole life. I realize now that it's okay to be selfish and want something for myself. That's what 3fc has become for me, my support system, and my sanity, sometimes my insanity. So remember that we're here for you. (And if you want to move to Pensacola, I'd be happy to make you my RL BFF :hug:)

Awwwww, I love you! That was sooooo sweet gf! When Jess and I met online, he actually lived in Pensacola. He had been there a few yrs in the Navy and was just out when I snagged him up. I don't know why we decided to be in TN. I was already here a couple of yrs, in college and working, but so waht! You can worek and go to school anywheres...LOL! I kind of wish we would have stayed down there. What little bit I saw was very pretty and I sure miss the ocean....Maybe I could talk him into it, lol. :) Maybe we can vacation down there sometime at least and we could hook up with you. :)

Manick
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I felt like I was slightly stoned during the whole episode, I will really hate for this season to be over.

Tomato, I felt just like this too...:dizzy: LOL. I KNOW, that it is a TV show and lots of behind the scenes "bad" stuff is done in the name of putting out this entertainment... manipulation of the "weeks", unhealthy practices for the contestants, including dehydration and etc. BUT, regardless, it still inspires me in some way to get up and work hard for my real life little 1 and .5 pound losses that I can do for me in a healthy, albeit slow way, and like Roni wrote about, the emotional growth that we get a glimpse of in these people as they struggle to ditch the pounds makes this show for me. I relate, I can relate! So, I guess part of me wants to stay in a little fantasy world and watch the magically shrinking people on TV and believe that it's possible for me too...ya know?.:df:

Manick
04-09-2008, 02:54 PM
And thanks Dee for the chart update!!:D

sportmom
04-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Yep, def more than 1 week. THey said in Australia that they' d have a week at the ranch with no trainers, and then last nite, the trainers showed up, so it had to be 2 weeks! I hated it though that Ali said at the scales, "you've lost xx pounds THIS week." That's so misleading. She could have easily said, "lost xx pounds this weigh-in."

Did you see Mark with his head down on the table when Bob walked in? He looks real low energy. I wonder if he is keeping his cals high enough and drinking.....

Yes, I'm sure they all sweat hard and didn't drink the night before weighing in. DId you see Ali's shoulder blades jutting out at the weigh in?

The magazine cover can't be real - I'm sure they have as a big part of their contract that they can't get publicity before the finale show. Looks like the head was photoshopped on to me.

Did anyone see Jillian's face after the girls weighed? She looked like she had just seen a car wreck - her face was all goofy, hair mussed up, and she was hanging on to kelly for support. Total shock. It was funny to watch!

And I won't even point out her love fest with Ali when she showed up. Poor Kelly had to chase them a bit on the track to catch up with them and get in the group hug. Felt bad for Kelly there! :)

Tomato
04-09-2008, 04:45 PM
And I won't even point out her love fest with Ali when she showed up. Poor Kelly had to chase them a bit on the track to catch up with them and get in the group hug. Felt bad for Kelly there! :)

Me too - I thought, why isn't she giving Kelly so much support as she giving to Ali? It was as if she took mercy on Kelly only AFTER the weigh-in.

Tomato
04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
BUT, regardless, it still inspires me in some way to get up and work hard for my real life little 1 and .5 pound losses that I can do for me in a healthy, albeit slow way, and like Roni wrote about, the emotional growth that we get a glimpse of in these people as they struggle to ditch the pounds makes this show for me. I relate, I can relate! So, I guess part of me wants to stay in a little fantasy world and watch the magically shrinking people on TV and believe that it's possible for me too...ya know?.:df:

I find it incredibly inspirational and even though I cannot compete with them, I still love to watch. I think it doesn't matter whatever your inspiration, as long as it motivates you to get off the couch and exercise (and eat right).

By the way, I don't know who was it, but it was mentioned last night on the show that they were on the ranch for 5 months (I think it towards the end, when they were all going home).

better health3
04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I was disgusted at the fake *high* numbers that every contestant pulled. I get frustrated that health isn't the number one priority. I think it reinforces instant gratification. I do admire how hard they work, just irritated at the producers of the show to get higher ratings. If I watch it, it is for the last 20 minutes. The ads are annoying.

ggmugsy
04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey Shay -

If you read the FAQ's . . . each e-mail address can vote 100 times!!!

ennay
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
There had to be some serious laxative and diuretic abuse for those weigh ins, but I am glad both girls got in. Everyone's faces looked really drawn, but frankly I thought both Mark and Ali look a little underweight. Mark is starting to look scary. Ali, I think when she rehydrates will be ok, but I think she is going to look super scary for the finale if she wants a chance to win.

Bummer that Roger still has a chance. He is a nicer guy so I think he could come back, but I think the girls should have gotten their vote.

Better-health...that is why I record it, the number of ads and repeating themselves they do is nauseating. I actually watched last nights episode in under an hour because I really didnt feel the need to watch the video highlights of the season.
Fast forward is my friend.

dixied
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Did anyone else see the slide show on Yahoo's front page?

http://www.tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/248/photos/1

Either Ali let her hair grow back out or that's and before-returning to the Ranch photo. Kelly's picture looked like it was taken at the challenge on last night's show.

Diva
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow, I didn't notice any shoulder blade situation with Ali. I was too busy admiring her back muscles in that tank top and hoping I can look like that some day. I really thought she looked great! She's about my height and her goal is to be 125. That's a realistic goal. BTW, I felt a little sorry for Kelly too during the Hug fest she had to fight her way into. Kelly has grown on me...finally.

I think it's been written about so many times now and in so many different places that most people KNOW that their "weekly" weigh-ins aren't weekly at all. Not to mention they do workout out 4 to 6 hours a day and follow a VERY strict diet while on the ranch. We all know they do the dehydration thing and then ALL of them gain and level out at a healthy size once the show is over. Once they get to the finals it's all about the money. Remember last season when the twins won and they both looked like raisins? lol

Realistically I KNOW I cannot lose that much weight , THAT fast....but I know I can lose that much in my own time. :) I am inspired by the show. It gives me hope that it can be done. Just takes some longer than other's. :) I also pay attention when they are @ the GYM and try to do some of the exercises and workouts I see them do on the show. I dig it.

Tomato
04-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the link to the slide show, Dee.
I wish they also published how tall they are. They all seem awfully stubby in those pictures.
Wholy cannoli (how do you spell that? LOL), Mark now weighs less than me.:?:

NemesisClaws
04-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Me too - I thought, why isn't she giving Kelly so much support as she giving to Ali? It was as if she took mercy on Kelly only AFTER the weigh-in.

I know! What really got my eyebrows raised was after Ali's TV tape was finished, Jillian turned to her and stated that Ali was going to be THE BIGGEST LOSER winner of this whole shebang. I mean, hello??? Ain't you forgetting Kelly here? She's on your team too, ya know!

In many ways, I feel like Jillian has sorta given up hope for Kelly long ago, and she does show that in small ways, such as her huge hugfest to Ali without including Kelly in it.

As for the finale, obviously if Roger was the third contestant, he would win this hands down. Mark and Ali really don't have any more weight to lose. I fail to see where they could lose even more here....I'm placing my bets on Kelly to win this.....:smug:

dixied
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the link to the slide show, Dee.
I wish they also published how tall they are. They all seem awfully stubby in those pictures.
Wholy cannoli (how do you spell that? LOL), Mark now weighs less than me.:?:

Ali - 5'-5"
Kelly - 5'-6"
Mark - 5'-10"
Roger - 6'-3"

I didn't even have to look them up this time, how sad is it that I know that much about these people?

ennay
04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
As for the finale, obviously if Roger was the third contestant, he would win this hands down. Mark and Ali really don't have any more weight to lose. I fail to see where they could lose even more here....I'm placing my bets on Kelly to win this.....:smug:

How much delay is there? How long are they on their own before the finale? Because Kelly is quite a bit behind Ali and Mark as far as total %. Even if they dont have much to lose, she is I think 12% behind Ali?

Nori71
04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey Dee, I have been wondering how old Ali is? Kelly? Maybe you know?!

meggy
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi group! :)

I enjoy reading all your comments! It cracks me up!!! I really hope that Kelly wins it all.

Nori71, to answer part of your question, Ali is 32 but looks older to me.

Meggy

Tomato
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I didn't even have to look them up this time, how sad is it that I know that much about these people?

Yeah, that is pretty scary! :^::D

sportmom
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
And Kelly is 37/38 ish.

I know about Kelly not getting the love. Maybe "Jill" doesn't like her new nickname! :rofl: But anyone, great way to diss your only remaining black team member - by telling Pink "you're gonna win." Clearly they just connected on more of a britney level - remember the whole counseling session she arranged with the mom on the basketball court earlier in the season?

Diva - the shoulderblades were so weird. It wasn't even the collarbones in the front of your chest, these things were like Knots on the top of her shoulders. I'll have to see if I can find a pic of her at weigh in.

sportmom
04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
This lil' girls got nothin left to lose. Please. Mark looks scary and she'll be next.
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/images/photos/scet/1822/20080303-ali3.3.08_003r.jpg

And this is the closest I can get to the weigh in, but you don't see the bones as much here bc she is bending her arms instead of letting them hang naturally:

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/images/photos/scet/1819/NUP_116615_1493.JPG

Shay
04-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I will vote the 100 times too. If I was into American Idol this season, I'm not I'm bored with it, I would vote for the people I love a million times. I'm goofy like that. I want Kelly to win so bad.

Mark looks like he is about to fall out. Ali just looks good to me. Jillian and Bob always have their favorites. I think its natural when you spend that much time with people there will be some you will click with a little more.

Diva
04-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow! She IS so tiny now! My goodness. You may be right, how much more can she lose and still be and look healthy? Her arms are awesome! I want arms like that...or like Jillian.I was wrong about the height thing, she's 2 whole inches taller. :p I'm still going for 125!

EZMONEY
04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Angie and I have really enjoyed this BIGGEST LOSER! We were really surprised at the results last night!

sportmom
04-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Actually Diva, look at her in the t-shirt and you can actually see on the right side as you look at her, the knot on her shoulder. THat's the bone bulging out. It's almost like you can see her collar bones protruding under the shirt.

OMGosh, just remember that rule about what - the camera adds 10 pounds?? I'm sure if we saw her in person we would really be blown away...............

She's all muscle too. I mean, she really might be already at 20% or less body fat. It's going to be really hard for her to drop more weight without also losing it from muscle. She just doesn't have that much fat left to lose. Of course, we'd know that IF they shared that number with us, but they don't. Didn't they dump them in a tank one season? I don't know why they can't do that once a month.

NemesisClaws
04-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Can anybody provide the exact link to the page that you vote on? For some reason, I haven't been able to find it. :(

Manick
04-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Here you go:
http://http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/vote/register.shtml (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/vote/register.shtml)

zinkemomx2
04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
And Kelly is 37/38 ish.

I think Kelly is 39.

zinkemomx2
04-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Actually Diva, look at her in the t-shirt and you can actually see on the right side as you look at her, the knot on her shoulder. THat's the bone bulging out. It's almost like you can see her collar bones protruding under the shirt.

OMGosh, just remember that rule about what - the camera adds 10 pounds?? I'm sure if we saw her in person we would really be blown away...............

She's all muscle too. I mean, she really might be already at 20% or less body fat. It's going to be really hard for her to drop more weight without also losing it from muscle. She just doesn't have that much fat left to lose. Of course, we'd know that IF they shared that number with us, but they don't. Didn't they dump them in a tank one season? I don't know why they can't do that once a month.

Mark is the same way. I don't think he has any fat left to lose. He already looked skeletal when they were in Australia. I can't imagine him losing any more without seriously cutting into muscle.

Tomato
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I know about Kelly not getting the love. Maybe "Jill" doesn't like her new nickname! :rofl: But anyone, great way to diss your only remaining black team member - by telling Pink "you're gonna win." Clearly they just connected on more of a britney level - remember the whole counseling session she arranged with the mom on the basketball court earlier in the season?

I have nothing against Jillian bonding with some more than with others, I guess that is unavoidable, but she is there to train her entire team, regardless of who is or isn't her favourite. At least she should have the decency not to show her preferences so clearly in front of the camera. To me, it was bordering on insult the way she always excluded Kelly from the hugs, etc. Can't help it, but this is one thing I really dislike about Jillian.

dixied
04-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Kelly is 38, Ali is 32, Roger is 40, Mark is 35. Would you like their favorite foods, color or the name of their pets? I really need a life. :D

Diva
04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Kelly is 38, Ali is 32, Roger is 40, Mark is 35. Would you like their favorite foods, color or the name of their pets? I really need a life. :D

:lol: You so funny!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-10-2008, 12:33 PM
WOW I did not know Ali was 32 I thought she was in her 20's.

sportmom
04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
And I seriously thought Mark was pushing 45, at least 40. He looks 20 years older than 35 right now, imo. That's some proof of his un-health right now. 35's look strong, healthy, robust, not weak and tired. Whoever said raisins was right I guess.

ggmugsy
04-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Dixiedieter: I absolutely LOVE your posts. You truly crack me up!!

Mark DOES look older than 40. LOTS older.

I think Ali, when she isn't dehydrated, looks better. There were times in the episode when her face seemed fuller . . . like when she got into the limo. At the weigh in, the lines along her mouth were very prominent.

Michelle125
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah Ali and Mark actually look very gaunt! And Mark looked younger before he lost the weight- but I think his body looks strong. I think with his face he might be having some loose skin issues, which is why he may have grown the facial hair half-way through the season. Remember how puffy his face was before he lost weight? I'm sure all that skin doesn't have anywhere to go except to look wrinkley :( Ali can look very worn and 'old' at times, too, but yeah I thought she was in her 20's.

Personally if I were working out as hard as them everyday and in the hot sun I'm sure I'd look tired, gaunt, and aged a little bit, and I'm only 26. I'd rather someone think I look like I need a sandwich than for them to think I don't need a sandwich! :lol:

dixied
04-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Personally, I keep hoping if Ali wins she used the $ to get some botox or rejuvederm. A co-worker said, however, that the lines on one side of her mouth are scars? The tv I watch on doesn't show it clearly, maybe I'll watch next week in HD. :) Could be scary though if it's raisin people. Kelly looks like she's doing good for her age, skin wise. That turkey neck of Roger's really gets to me.

Tomato
04-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Personally, I keep hoping if Ali wins she used the $ to get some botox or rejuvederm. A co-worker said, however, that the lines on one side of her mouth are scars? The tv I watch on doesn't show it clearly, maybe I'll watch next week in HD. :)

I don't know about scars (plural) but she does have a scar on the left side, going down to her upper lift. It is quite visible.
Kelly looks very young to me (her face) - being chubby has some benefits. :p

NemesisClaws
04-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Here you go:
http://http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/vote/register.shtml (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser_5/vote/register.shtml)
:hug:Thank you!

onthetee
04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I cannot read through the whole thing, but I think the winner is almost obvious. Between the girls, Ali just does not have that far to go. Kelly has a chance to really knock it out. Ali has to hit her max at some point.

If Roger stays, he wins. He has the % to lose. If Mark gets any thinner, his kidneys will shut down.

meggy
04-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi all!

I'm sorry to say that voting is closed: we had until 10h00 pm april 10th to vote! I was 5 minutes too late! :(

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
ah bummer i wanted to vote some more! LOL

Manick
04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
All right FANS...tonight's the night...thought I'd fire up the thread again:flame:

I am ready to see a female BL!!!

Usually I record and Ffwd thru but I think I will actually watch in real time tonight, maybe I'll peek to see if any of you East Coasters post some spoiler info, like who the 3rd finalist is, for example... hint, hint...:D

Have a great BL Tuesday everybody!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Go Girls!!!

Purplefirefly
04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I am excited to see who wins (GO KELLY AND ALI) but also sad for it to be over...what will I do without my 2 hour weekly workout?

ksk571
04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
maybe I'll peek to see if any of you East Coasters post some spoiler info, like who the 3rd finalist is, for example... hint, hint...:D

They said that the 3rd finalist will be announced within a few minutes of the start of the show. I will do my best to have my computer up and running and hope that I don't have internet issues!

ksk571
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm ready for a female biggest loser!

Female on Three. Female on Three. One. Two. Three. FEMALE!

Manick
04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Female on 3!!!:joker:

oooh, thanks Karen!! :comp:

Idealmuse
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
With the way they are gearing the commercials (barely a nod to the boys) You'd have to assume they think they know they have a female this time.

Idealmuse
04-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I also thought mark looked in his 40's. Usually people look younger as then get thinner. Kelly also looked a bit older to me.

Tomato
04-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I am excited to see who wins (GO KELLY AND ALI) but also sad for it to be over...what will I do without my 2 hour weekly workout?

Those are my sentiments exactly. I cannot wait to see who wins - I so hope it will be Kelly! If she wins, I will cry a bucket and you won't even have to count to three for me! LOL

Manick
04-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey! Did ya see this? Maybe its been posted before but I just found it. Pictures of all the contestants at the start and when we last saw them...http://tv.yahoo.com/the-biggest-loser/show/37103/photos/1;_ylt=AgLDKWWLUH35v0FCfO_K6Zfhv9EF

I have arm-envy...Ali's arms are amazing...her collar bones notwithstanding. (I think that was probably a combo of dehydration and just the way her body is) But those clips of her doing pull ups are impressive too...she is one strong chick now!

Purplefirefly
04-15-2008, 07:17 PM
With the way they are gearing the commercials (barely a nod to the boys) You'd have to assume they think they know they have a female this time.

I've been thinking the same thing, but really they could also just be playing up that dramatic option to draw viewers to the show, make sure we don't want to miss. I do SO SO hope it is a female though.

Stepping Out
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I hope that Kelly gets it. She's worked so hard and come so far. :D It would just be awesome to finally see a female Biggest Loser!! :carrot: :cheer2::cheer2: :cheer: :broc: :carrot:

Shay
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I can't wait!!!!! I will definitely be here posting my thoughts.

ksk571
04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I have my Dixie chart and calculator ready! I'm so excited!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
just a few more minutes!! Go Kelly!

dixied
04-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm here! 3 minutes to go! Go girls!

Diva
04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey! Did ya see this? Maybe its been posted before but I just found it. Pictures of all the contestants at the start and when we last saw them...http://tv.yahoo.com/the-biggest-loser/show/37103/photos/1;_ylt=AgLDKWWLUH35v0FCfO_K6Zfhv9EF

I have arm-envy...Ali's arms are amazing...her collar bones notwithstanding. (I think that was probably a combo of dehydration and just the way her body is) But those clips of her doing pull ups are impressive too...she is one strong chick now!

I have Ali arm envy too. I am already seeing and feeling some arm muscles, but it'll be a while before I have Ali-arms...sigh...

There are all prolly gonna look very dehydrated tonight. I can't wait to see if Kelly has lost a lot.

One...two..three...
FEMALE!

ksk571
04-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I need to find my kleenex because I'm probably gonna bawl for the next 2 hours. I'm such a cry baby! :)

Shay
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Okay they are dragging it out. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it Mark or Roger?

dixied
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
HostAli is looking poochy in that dress. Satin is not flattering to not so flat tummys.

Shay
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shay
04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm already crying!

dixied
04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Roni - I forgot to say Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a great day!

Diva
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Roni - I forgot to say Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a great day!

Shay
04-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Okay isn't the 5 minutes up?

Shay
04-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Happy B-day Diva. I was almost late watching the show because I was reading your blog!

dixied
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Roger looks good.