Old 03-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Default New - Any suggestions of how to use FitDay?

Hello All...New to Calorie Counting and when I log in to Fitday they never have any foods that I eat. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right place...don't know. But there's just gotta be a better more time efficient way! Do you all enter every new product (let's say...Walmart brand cottage cheese 4%) and then enter all the nutritional info, and then enter the amount you had...or is there something I'm missing here? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #2  
FB

Hi there!

I enter everything into Fitday's custom foods. It works well for me because much of my work is done on the computer, so I'm there anyhow.

Since I walk the line with calorie counting I enter them all as custom foods, unless it's veggies or something else pretty standard because I find many deviations between Fitday and my labels.

If you eat alot of different foods and entering them all seems tedious try thedailyplate.com.

Good luck! It's working super well for me. I started on the original date of January 1st, 2008 and couldn't be happier with my results.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The search thing drives me to drink!

I have the best luck with the all foods window.
From the dropdown menu ... select dairy .... cheeses .... and 'add' cottage cheese.

Then it will remain in 'recent foods' for a while, which is nice for basic things we eat frequently.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #4  
banned

Thanks all for your prompt suggestions! FB - I tried "thedailyplate"...LOVE IT!!! It is sooo much easier than FitDay! Annnndddd...it has all of my great value (walmart brand) items..thanks sooooo much for this tip! Hurray!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #5  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

I love DailyPlate too! I had tried Fitday and had the same problem as you so was wary of trying other food logging sites. DailyPlate has fit all my needs and I've been able to find all the foods I buy!
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #6  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

I just disovered FitDay yesterday and LOVE IT! It's a great tool... and helps keep me 'honest' in calorie counting...
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #7  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

A website called dietfacts.com is linked to Fitday and has tons of brand specific items, including stuff at restaurants. When you find the item you want, there is a link to add it to your fitday. That's what I do.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #8  
banned

Thanks...I'll give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booskibabe View Post
A website called dietfacts.com is linked to Fitday and has tons of brand specific items, including stuff at restaurants. When you find the item you want, there is a link to add it to your fitday. That's what I do.