South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Think Spring Thursday Chat

HAPPY SPRING!

We made it, although a bit bedraggled, but spring is officially here! It's going to be terribly windy around here, but in the 50s.

Another long day of keeping the girls amused and happy. Yesterday was a good day, we stayed busy baking a pumpkin pie, fingerpainting, and watched Shirley Temple's "Heidi" before dance lessons. Today they may go on the fox hunt with Cindy in the morning, then we're going to Boomer's after lunch.

I've been doing pretty well staying on-plan, except for an occasional run-in with those peanut butter eggs. I'll be happy to get back to my normal routine next week of going to Curves every day, though!

So what's happening in your world on this first day of spring?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Cottage, and the rest of you chicks to come. We are having freezing rain here and school is cancled again today. I am hoping that is does not last as I am going away tonight for a girlie night. I think it is going to be a crafts and games today..... and doing a little rain rain go away dance.
Well I am going to go and try to catch up on the rest of the boards....
Ps. Have any of you chicks done a vision board?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, Spring is sneaking in, I think. After this winter she is probably not sure of her welcome. I celebrated by taking six bags of trash out to the road for pickup - BY MYSELF WITHOUT MY CANE! Hershey sat looking out the side door and worried.

Cottage, it may be a bit late for this year but papier mache Easter Eggs are a fun thing. You know the drill: balloons, paper strips with paste, paint and trims. Of course the darn things take too long to dry but it's an idea for next year.

Little Chick, I love the Maritimes but you poor folks get some bad weather. I hope it clears for your girlie night. What the heck is a vision board?

My hand quilting course last night was fun. I did OK but sure will need lots of practice before I get to the ideal number of stitches - 10 per inch seems impossible right now! The drive home at 9 was a bit scary as it was very foggy. Poking along through a pail of milk for 30 miles isn't fun!

Haven't determined my plan for the day yet but I imagine it will involve sewingroom tidying, reading and maybe some cooking with a turkey breast. I'm thinking of roasting it over some whole grain.

Happy Spring!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, we haven't done papier mache since our disasterous experience with it last year when Maggie spilled the bowl of paste on the floor and the dogs got into it and tracked it all over the place while we were trying to chase them down. Meanwhile, both girls slipped and fell in the mess, too. It was awful. I'm not sure if I'm ready to attempt it again! I'm happy to see you're making progress with that knee!

LC, I'm curious, too. What is a vision board?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Happy ???? Spring everyone.

Bri is very sick still... cellulitus of his left leg, the need to have his right ankle refused and last night at 2 am one of the worst gall bladder attacks ever...

he woke me crying.

oh and tomorrow he has his remaining 8 teeth pulled and gets his bottom plate so he will have full upper and lower dentures...

i'm off at 11 today and all day tomorrow. this is killing me.

i was phase 1 yesterday and yet i gained 1.2 pounds. i love the scale...
Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all. It's in the 40's here and supposed to get to the 60's by this afternoon. So much for new spring clothes. But my spring break does start tomorrow and I'm off of school next week too. (looking forward to the time off, but I don't get paid unless my body is in that classroom, so I wish the break wasn't so long)

Need to dash off to school so no time for personals, but wishing everyone a wonderful day.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Ruth- Glad you are moving around better and getting stronger.
Cottage- I can picture you and the girls running after the dog and all that mess, kinda of funny but not.

Vision Board- you girls must not watch Oprah it is from a book, I believe the law of attraction. Anyway it is a board that you make with pictures of what you want out of life, ie new car, health, happiness etc. Then you cut out pictures and paste it on the a board of some sort paper or cork and you put it somewhere where you will see it all the time and it is suspossed to help you attract the things in life you want.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, we really got some rain and wind in the night, but it looks like it's pretty clear now, still breezy though.
I've got friends coming for dinner and we're going to do an egg hunt for the kids so I hope at least the ground dries out enough. At least she is my very best and oldest friend, so I don't need to worry about cleaning the house! DH promised to put together my outdoor fireplace, and I'd love to break it in tonight. He informed me I won't be grilling my kabobs though, because the grill has rusted through. Time for a new one, I guess! DS has a friend coming to spend the night. I hate it when they're on break and I'm not!

Nessa,
poor Brian! That's a lot to deal with at once. I don't know about the rest but I've had those gall bladder attacks and they are no fun. Is he going to have it out?
Enjoy your spring break Cat!
LC, hope the weather clears up for your girlie night. I don't know what a vision board is either...
Ruth, I love papier mache! My mom used to do that with us when we were kids. Once I decided to make my DD's birthday pinata myself, but it was so hard nobody could break it open LOL! It was kind of funny really, watching the kids wacking at it. At one point we gave up on blindfolds. I think DH had to take a hacksaw to it.
Happy Spring cottage, what is Boomer's? That must have been a funny scene with the papier mache mess!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-20-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Hi everyone.... oy.. Schmoodle he actually wants to put his GB surgery off and I'm not pushing him. I put mine off for years. he just needs to eat better and he can cope this is only his third attack in a few months... and he ate such junk yesterday (after the emergency room he was famished)....

i'm just getting my fat butt kicked this year.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

Ok chicks you can go to http://www.oprah.com/search/search_r...SearchPage=yes this should give you the information.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Cottage: It seems so weird. I'm having more candy temptations with Easter being around the corner than I was with Valentine's, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween combined! I hope the peanut butter egg train ends soon. Hope you and the girls have a good day today - sounds like yesterday was nice!

LC: I have something similar - more of a hopes and dreams board. I've got pictures of babies, the cabin we stayed at in Ruidoso, a luxury log home, some cute "healthy weight" clothes and etc. I keep it in my office/craft room and it reminds me of why we're/I'm making sacrifices right now. Are you thinking of making one?

Ruth: Poor Hershey - worrying about you like that. I'm sure she'll get used to you trudging around as usual soon! Enjoy your day - tidying the sewing room sounds so much more fun than sitting at my desk all day. Sigh. At least it's "Friday".

Nessa: I'm thinking about you and Brian. I hope he's not in anymore pain. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

Cat: Our weather is about the same - but drier. Hope you enjoy your (unpaid ) break.

Schmoodle: Oooh - an outdoor fireplace sounds nice. DH and I really want to get a good one next winter. What kind do you have? I hope the ground dries up quickly - no fun having kids trudging around in the mud looking for eggs!

Me: Boy am I glad that Spring is here. This winter was tooo dry. I think that I went through twice the lotion I usually do. Hopefully spring will bring some rain! It's pretty mild - very clear - probably about 40*.

Today is the last day of work for the week, but I don't think that it's going to be too busy. No payroll or anything like that.

Tonight we're having some baked pork chops for dinner with some salad and veggies. I'm hoping to wash the walls and start the taping in the bathroom. I'll paint it tomorrow morning. I'd also like to work on some postcards that I'm making for a craft swap I'm in on another forum, but we'll see if I actually have time for all of that!

Well, I must be off to work! I just remembered that I need to pull the meat out of the freezer for dinner! Hope the rest of you chicks have a great day!

~Kim
Old 03-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Spring, my foot! We got nearly a foot of snow overnight. Not happy.

I was a bad girl eating OP the last 3 days, but managed to only gain 1 pound back. I'm back on track today, well.. as of right now... and hope to lose that pound back and one more before the end of the month. That gives me 11 days for 2 lbs... Can I do it? Yes, I can! (Thanks, Bob..)

Ruth - oh, the freedom! I hope you're not overdoing it, but how great that must have felt to not have to clutch the cane all the way out there. I hope the garbage bags were little grocery ones, or you make a heap of garbage for one woman! LOL!

Nessa - It sounds like you're going through one horribly stressful time. Good luck to you and make sure you have a moment to relax your brain. I tried yoga the other day and it's VERY soothing to the mind. There are many "alternative" physicians who say that a gall bladder doesn't need to be removed at all, that you can dissolve the stones through proper diet, hydration and time (up to 3 years depending on the stones).
Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Linda..."Heidi" is one of my most favorite movies ever! I had completely forgotten about it. I'm going to go rent it for the kids soon!!!

LC, I have never heard of a vision board. Have fun at your girlie night! That rain dance should burn a lot of calories!

Ruth, I'd love to learn hand quilting. I do all my work on the machine right now, but my grandmother does hers by hand (the quilting, not the piecing). Sounds like a couple sessions with Mom-mom are in order!

Nessa, I'm so sorry to hear about Bri's troubles. Hope he gets some relief soon! Send your scale over to me and I'll give it a whomping.

Cat, enjoy your break. Even if you aren't pulling in the big bucks, it's nice to have a vacation from the classroom!

Schmoodle, good luck with all of your plans for the day! Are you hiding real eggs or plastic ones? My grandmother used to make a map of where she hid the eggs because one year we couldn't find one and it started to smell after awhile!

Kim, enjoy washing the walls! That wouldn't be my favorite job...

Krystal, now I'm going to be picturing Bob the Builder every time I need a pick-me-up! Good luck with your two pounds!

I'm feeling better today - really just less sorry for myself. 28 days until we leave for Florida! We're back in the old routine and things have settled so it's just trudging along now. Gotta make the best of it!

Kara
Old 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Chicks,
I've been a bit MIA lately DH is home from school now and of course turning the whole household into a mess. It's funny how you can get set in such a tight routine that the slightest thing can set it off. The move to Germany is turning out to be a lot more stressful than I had anticipated. Our paperwork took twice as long as it should have. Thank goodness we finally got our passports and are on DH's orders. Such a headache! I just found out today that the base they are sending us to no longer has any on-post housing and the closing date is no later than the 30th of September. The base will begin closing procedures (shortening commissary hours, closing self-help) the week we arrive. Sometimes I hate military life. It makes absolutely no sense to send us to a base for a month or two and then send us to another. It's a total waste of money. Plus we will be in temp lodging the entire time. We can't rent a place on the economy when we don't know when we will be leaving the installation. UGHH!!!!!
SB wise I've been totally off-plan. Just too tired sometimes to cook anything. I haven't been exercising either. My step-dad broke my exercise bike. I finally picked up a new one but haven't had the chance to put it together. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost anything either. I hope things start going more smoothly because sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out!!!! End mini rant.
NESSA- I hope Brian feels better. It's nice to see you back on the boards again.

A quick HEY to everyone else my little monkey is climbing on me apparently she really wants her mommy. Take care everyone!
Pohai
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #15  
Ready to Change

Kim, yes I am thinking about doing a vision board. I have bristol board and a ton a mags just need to sit down and do it. I think I am going to start it tomorrow when I get home from my trip.
Closed Thread