South Beach Diet - Think Spring Thursday Chat

View Full Version : Think Spring Thursday Chat

cottagebythesea
03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
:flow1: HAPPY SPRING! :flow1:

We made it, although a bit bedraggled, but spring is officially here! :) It's going to be terribly windy around here, but in the 50s.

Another long day of keeping the girls amused and happy. Yesterday was a good day, we stayed busy baking a pumpkin pie, fingerpainting, and watched Shirley Temple's "Heidi" before dance lessons. Today they may go on the fox hunt with Cindy in the morning, then we're going to Boomer's after lunch.

I've been doing pretty well staying on-plan, except for an occasional run-in with those peanut butter eggs. I'll be happy to get back to my normal routine next week of going to Curves every day, though!

So what's happening in your world on this first day of spring?

little chick
03-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Good Morning Cottage, and the rest of you chicks to come. We are having freezing rain here and school is cancled again today. I am hoping that is does not last as I am going away tonight for a girlie night. :( I think it is going to be a crafts and games today..... and doing a little rain rain go away dance.
Well I am going to go and try to catch up on the rest of the boards....
Ps. Have any of you chicks done a vision board?

Ruthxxx
03-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Well, Spring is sneaking in, I think. After this winter she is probably not sure of her welcome. I celebrated by taking six bags of trash out to the road for pickup - BY MYSELF WITHOUT MY CANE! Hershey sat looking out the side door and worried.

Cottage, it may be a bit late for this year but papier mache Easter Eggs are a fun thing. You know the drill: balloons, paper strips with paste, paint and trims. Of course the darn things take too long to dry but it's an idea for next year.

Little Chick, I love the Maritimes but you poor folks get some bad weather. I hope it clears for your girlie night. What the heck is a vision board?

My hand quilting course last night was fun. I did OK but sure will need lots of practice before I get to the ideal number of stitches - 10 per inch seems impossible right now! The drive home at 9 was a bit scary as it was very foggy. Poking along through a pail of milk for 30 miles isn't fun!

Haven't determined my plan for the day yet but I imagine it will involve sewingroom tidying, reading and maybe some cooking with a turkey breast. I'm thinking of roasting it over some whole grain.

Happy Spring! :encore:

cottagebythesea
03-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Ruth, we haven't done papier mache since our disasterous experience with it last year when Maggie spilled the bowl of paste on the floor and the dogs got into it and tracked it all over the place while we were trying to chase them down. Meanwhile, both girls slipped and fell in the mess, too. It was awful. I'm not sure if I'm ready to attempt it again! I'm happy to see you're making progress with that knee! :)

LC, I'm curious, too. What is a vision board?

ladybugnessa
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Happy ???? Spring everyone.

Bri is very sick still... cellulitus of his left leg, the need to have his right ankle refused and last night at 2 am one of the worst gall bladder attacks ever...

he woke me crying.

oh and tomorrow he has his remaining 8 teeth pulled and gets his bottom plate so he will have full upper and lower dentures...

i'm off at 11 today and all day tomorrow. this is killing me.

i was phase 1 yesterday and yet i gained 1.2 pounds. i love the scale...

femmecreole
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Morning all. It's in the 40's here and supposed to get to the 60's by this afternoon. So much for new spring clothes. But my spring break does start tomorrow and I'm off of school next week too. (looking forward to the time off, but I don't get paid unless my body is in that classroom, so I wish the break wasn't so long)

Need to dash off to school so no time for personals, but wishing everyone a wonderful day.

little chick
03-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Ruth- Glad you are moving around better and getting stronger.
Cottage- I can picture you and the girls running after the dog and all that mess, kinda of funny but not.

Vision Board- you girls must not watch Oprah it is from a book, I believe the law of attraction. Anyway it is a board that you make with pictures of what you want out of life, ie new car, health, happiness etc. Then you cut out pictures and paste it on the a board of some sort paper or cork and you put it somewhere where you will see it all the time and it is suspossed to help you attract the things in life you want.

Schmoodle
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Morning chicks, we really got some rain and wind in the night, but it looks like it's pretty clear now, still breezy though.
I've got friends coming for dinner and we're going to do an egg hunt for the kids so I hope at least the ground dries out enough. At least she is my very best and oldest friend, so I don't need to worry about cleaning the house! DH promised to put together my outdoor fireplace, and I'd love to break it in tonight. He informed me I won't be grilling my kabobs though, because the grill has rusted through. Time for a new one, I guess! DS has a friend coming to spend the night. I hate it when they're on break and I'm not!:(

Nessa, poor Brian! That's a lot to deal with at once. I don't know about the rest but I've had those gall bladder attacks and they are no fun. Is he going to have it out?
Enjoy your spring break Cat!
LC, hope the weather clears up for your girlie night. I don't know what a vision board is either...
Ruth, I love papier mache! My mom used to do that with us when we were kids. Once I decided to make my DD's birthday pinata myself, but it was so hard nobody could break it open LOL! It was kind of funny really, watching the kids wacking at it. At one point we gave up on blindfolds. I think DH had to take a hacksaw to it.
Happy Spring cottage, what is Boomer's? That must have been a funny scene with the papier mache mess!

ladybugnessa
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone.... oy.. Schmoodle he actually wants to put his GB surgery off and I'm not pushing him. I put mine off for years. he just needs to eat better and he can cope this is only his third attack in a few months... and he ate such junk yesterday (after the emergency room he was famished)....

i'm just getting my fat butt kicked this year.

little chick
03-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Ok chicks you can go to http://www.oprah.com/search/search_results.jsp?querystring=vision%20boards&fromSearchPage=yes this should give you the information.

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Cottage: It seems so weird. I'm having more candy temptations with Easter being around the corner than I was with Valentine's, Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween combined! I hope the peanut butter egg train ends soon. Hope you and the girls have a good day today - sounds like yesterday was nice!

LC: I have something similar - more of a hopes and dreams board. I've got pictures of babies, the cabin we stayed at in Ruidoso, a luxury log home, some cute "healthy weight" clothes and etc. I keep it in my office/craft room and it reminds me of why we're/I'm making sacrifices right now. Are you thinking of making one?

Ruth: Poor Hershey - worrying about you like that. I'm sure she'll get used to you trudging around as usual soon! Enjoy your day - tidying the sewing room sounds so much more fun than sitting at my desk all day. Sigh. At least it's "Friday".

Nessa: :hug: I'm thinking about you and Brian. I hope he's not in anymore pain. Don't forget to take care of yourself!

Cat: Our weather is about the same - but drier. Hope you enjoy your (unpaid :() break.

Schmoodle: Oooh - an outdoor fireplace sounds nice. DH and I really want to get a good one next winter. What kind do you have? I hope the ground dries up quickly - no fun having kids trudging around in the mud looking for eggs!

Me: Boy am I glad that Spring is here. This winter was tooo dry. I think that I went through twice the lotion I usually do. Hopefully spring will bring some rain! It's pretty mild - very clear - probably about 40*.

Today is the last day of work for the week, but I don't think that it's going to be too busy. No payroll or anything like that.

Tonight we're having some baked pork chops for dinner with some salad and veggies. I'm hoping to wash the walls and start the taping in the bathroom. I'll paint it tomorrow morning. I'd also like to work on some postcards that I'm making for a craft swap I'm in on another forum, but we'll see if I actually have time for all of that!

Well, I must be off to work! :yikes: I just remembered that I need to pull the meat out of the freezer for dinner! Hope the rest of you chicks have a great day!

~Kim

FluffyK
03-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Spring, my foot! We got nearly a foot of snow overnight. Not happy. :no:

I was a bad girl eating OP the last 3 days, but managed to only gain 1 pound back. I'm back on track today, well.. as of right now... and hope to lose that pound back and one more before the end of the month. That gives me 11 days for 2 lbs... Can I do it? Yes, I can! (Thanks, Bob..)

Ruth - oh, the freedom! I hope you're not overdoing it, but how great that must have felt to not have to clutch the cane all the way out there. I hope the garbage bags were little grocery ones, or you make a heap of garbage for one woman! LOL!

Nessa - It sounds like you're going through one horribly stressful time. Good luck to you and make sure you have a moment to relax your brain. I tried yoga the other day and it's VERY soothing to the mind. There are many "alternative" physicians who say that a gall bladder doesn't need to be removed at all, that you can dissolve the stones through proper diet, hydration and time (up to 3 years depending on the stones).

tomandkara
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh, Linda..."Heidi" is one of my most favorite movies ever! I had completely forgotten about it. I'm going to go rent it for the kids soon!!!

LC, I have never heard of a vision board. Have fun at your girlie night! That rain dance should burn a lot of calories!

Ruth, I'd love to learn hand quilting. I do all my work on the machine right now, but my grandmother does hers by hand (the quilting, not the piecing). Sounds like a couple sessions with Mom-mom are in order!

Nessa, I'm so sorry to hear about Bri's troubles. Hope he gets some relief soon! Send your scale over to me and I'll give it a whomping.

Cat, enjoy your break. Even if you aren't pulling in the big bucks, it's nice to have a vacation from the classroom!

Schmoodle, good luck with all of your plans for the day! Are you hiding real eggs or plastic ones? My grandmother used to make a map of where she hid the eggs because one year we couldn't find one and it started to smell after awhile!

Kim, enjoy washing the walls! :lol: That wouldn't be my favorite job...

Krystal, now I'm going to be picturing Bob the Builder every time I need a pick-me-up! Good luck with your two pounds!

I'm feeling better today - really just less sorry for myself. 28 days until we leave for Florida! We're back in the old routine and things have settled so it's just trudging along now. Gotta make the best of it!

Kara

browneyedgirl77
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey Chicks,
I've been a bit MIA lately DH is home from school now and of course turning the whole household into a mess. It's funny how you can get set in such a tight routine that the slightest thing can set it off. The move to Germany is turning out to be a lot more stressful than I had anticipated. Our paperwork took twice as long as it should have. Thank goodness we finally got our passports and are on DH's orders. Such a headache! I just found out today that the base they are sending us to no longer has any on-post housing and the closing date is no later than the 30th of September. The base will begin closing procedures (shortening commissary hours, closing self-help) the week we arrive. Sometimes I hate military life. It makes absolutely no sense to send us to a base for a month or two and then send us to another. It's a total waste of money. Plus we will be in temp lodging the entire time. We can't rent a place on the economy when we don't know when we will be leaving the installation. UGHH!!!!!
SB wise I've been totally off-plan. Just too tired sometimes to cook anything. I haven't been exercising either. My step-dad broke my exercise bike. I finally picked up a new one but haven't had the chance to put it together. I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost anything either. I hope things start going more smoothly because sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out!!!! End mini rant.
NESSA- I hope Brian feels better. It's nice to see you back on the boards again.

A quick HEY to everyone else my little monkey is climbing on me apparently she really wants her mommy. Take care everyone!
Pohai

little chick
03-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Kim, yes I am thinking about doing a vision board. I have bristol board and a ton a mags just need to sit down and do it. I think I am going to start it tomorrow when I get home from my trip.

beachgal
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Happy First Day of Spring, Cottage! It was SO cold this morning with a very brisk wind. Oh well...hopefully March will learn to "go out like lamb" by next week! ;) Cindy doesn't actually "hunt" foxes, does she? :eek:

Hey, LC! Your night sounds like SO much fun--games and crafts are my favorite things to do with other friends! (well, that and eating...and shopping, too. :lol: ) You know, I haven't done a vision board, but I really want to. I'm not sure how to make myself set aside the time for it. Since I have NO idea what my visions/dreams are, I know it'll be really time consuming. :( Are you planning on doing one?

:yay: YAY, Ruth!!! :yay: That's great news about schlepping the trash without your cane! You're on your way back to our usual, perky Ruthie! :goodvibes Your dinner sounds divine! I'm SO bad at hand quilting...I think I get 3 stitches per inch. Good for you for working on it, though--I hear it's a wonderful skill to have because then you can quilt anywhere and anytime! :D

Oh, Nessa, it sounds like you need a hug, hon! :hug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry things are so *%#$y right now. I hope Bri heals. My mom has cellulitis and besides being painful and itchy, it just looks horrible, so I imagine it's worse for her than it probably is. Hon, are you weighing yourself correctly? I just got a great e-mail that explained how to weigh yourself--I've been doing it wrong for years! Here's the illustration:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/beachgalgarner/scale.jpg

Don't you worry about that scale. Really. There's a gazillion things that can make the number go up, but one thing you know for sure is that you DIDN'T gain 1.2 lbs overnight! :rolleyes: When you're stressed, it can definitely mess with your metabolism and weight loss. It sounds like you have a lot of stress. Just drink water, fit in some time for exercise (a great natural stress-reliever!), and get some sleep. Okay? :hug:

Hey, Cat! Enjoy the time off, hon! :D

Kim, I think the candy temptation makes sense. After so much darkness and cold, you want something cheerful and yummy to make you feel better. Valentine's is so close to the beginning of the year and our renewed determination to diet that it doesn't seem to get the same feeelings going. Plus, on V-day you're supposed to wait for someone to give the candy to you. On Easter, as an adult, you can just go get it! :devil: It's my favorite holiday and so I'm always tempted more by the candy at this time of year. You're amazing--I find prep work for painting (and the painting itself) to be SOOOO time-consuming and annoying that I avoid it at all costs. It takes me forever once I actually start--I'm always painting like crazy to try to finish before the week is up and the tape becomes more permanently stuck! :lol: What color are you doing in the bathroom?

Glad to hear you sounding more cheerful, Kara! :hug: I hope you continue to feel better. I love your offer to "whomp" Nessa's scale. Can I send you mine, too? ;) It's so great that you have a grandmother who can show you how to craft. My Bobie's hands were too arthritic by the time I was old enough for her to show me how to knit--a terrible shame since she was a very accomplished knitter! BTW, we had the egg/smell thing one year too--Mom lost it, even WITH a map! :lol3:

Wow, Pohai, the situation with the move would drive me BATTY!!! :tantrum: I'm not a fan of stupidity...bet you aren't either. ;) I hope it turns out better than you think. Germany is an AMAZING country and I'd love to live there for a while. I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. Lucky, lucky you, you'll be there for the weinachtsmarkts (Christmas Markets)! They are totally divine... :love: Do have a glass of gluhwein and some roasted nuts for me! Here's a website (http://gogermany.about.com/od/germanchristmasmarket1/a/AZChristmas_4.htm)that lists markets, just to get you dreaming. :D

Me:
Off to the gym after work today, then home for the normal routine. Holy Thursday service tonight--our church has a "washing of the feet" ceremony with 12 people, one of whom will be me this year. I have to remember not to wear tights! :lol: After the feet washing, I'll run up to the choir loft to join in the singing. It's a long service, but I'll be looking forward to getting home and just relaxing with DH and the dog.

I have tomorrow off, but I have tons to do. I really need to brush the bunnies, who are molting, big time. I have to brush them outdoors, which I hate to do this time of year, since it's so cold for them...but there's nothing else for it. I can't take the chance that they'll get hairballs! Then I'm planning on doing some shopping for an Easter dress (I wish I had a smaller body to clothe...) and a couple final gifts for my sponsor. Then there's Good Friday service at 3, I have to make and eat dinner, and then I have group therapy.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays warm! :wave: to all the people who posted while I was writing this!

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Fluffy: Good luck with those last two pounds this month! You can do it! :cheer2:

Kara: I completely admire your attitude! You are one strong woman!! I hate washing the walls as well, but if I don't I know the paint won't stick. Sigh. The costs of redecorating!!

Browneyedgirl: Hope things start swinging your way. It's so great that you haven't gained - you get to "start from scratch'!

LC: I had a great time making mine. I'm going to update it as soon as I start redoing the guest/office room. Have fun with yours!!

Laurie: You're probably right. Stupid Easter candy! I think the biggest problem is that my office-mates have suddenly taken to refilling the jar every week as opposed to once a month like they used to.

I hate the prep work for painting as well, but it's got to be done. Usually I don't even tape, I'm pretty good at cutting in, but the bathroom's a whole different story. I don't want to mess up the white tile shower surround! The bathroom right now has a white tile floor, white (fake) tile on the lower half of the walls, a white vanity, a white medicine cabinet, a white tile shower surround and white shower/window curtains. Combine that with blinding vanity lights and you've got an ugly bathroom! We're painting it the blue of the focal wall in our bedroom. It's the leftover paint, which is flat, but I'm okay with not having glossy bathroom walls since we'll be gutting it in a few years anyhow.

Barb0522
03-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm actually leaving work early today. They are letting everyone leave at 2 since it is a long weekend but I had to leave early today for a dental cleaning anyway. Tomorrow is a holiday but Brian wants to go to day care to play with his friends so I'll probably spend the day cleaning and maybe working on yardwork.

I've agreed to let Brian spend Saturday night with his dad. He's really spending it with his friend, Raphael, it is just that his dad lives there too now. It is a tradition for Brian to spend most of the Easter weekend at their house and I'm not going to tell him he can't sleepover with his friend just because his dad is there. It does leave me with a lot of free time I hadn't counted on but there are things that I can be doing. Maybe I'll stop by the library and pick up a new book too. That would be relaxing. And I do need to get some more lava rock to put down. We did get some erosion when the pool overflowed in the dirt areas that still need lava rock.

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
:wave:, Barb! We were simul-posting! I hope you enjoy your free time this weekend! I think a trip to the library is a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning.

Barb0522
03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I just got a call from the blood center saying they are short of my blood type so I've scheduled that for tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to get that heavy lifting of lava rock done in the morning! They are down to 43 pints of B+ I've found it hard to make time to donate this year so I'm going to take advantage of not having to work tomorrow.

beachgal
03-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Kim, love the color! How pretty!

Barb, I hope you find tons of peace and comfort in getting a little "you" time. :hug: I think the library is a WONDERFUL place...it's second only to the candy store, IMHO! ;) I also love watching sappy chick flicks when I'm on my own for a bit.

FluffyK
03-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, the kids' rooms and the kitchen are cleaned now. The study is half done. Have to do Living Room, bathrooms and my bedroom. Might actually be done by tonight if I don't poop out. (I'm wanting to, that's for sure!)

Have to hit Dollar Tree this evening for some little party "stuff".

tkglenn
03-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone. Haven't been here this week. DH works nights this week and it's hard for me to get on the computer when he's home. Got my hair done today. This is probably the first time in about a year maybe. I never get to do anything for myself and I feel weird doing it. And on top of it all, whenever I get to do something nice for myself, DH has to find something to get upset about and I don't ever get to enjoy my "pampering". I hate it. And that I one big reason why I don't do anything for myself because he always gets mad about something. When I came home and he seen my hair he complained about how short it is and he is unhappy because I colored it. It's not even highlights, it's 2 shades lighter than my natural color. What the ****?! Whatever. I never get to do it so I'm going to enjoy it no matter what he says. I don't have time for myself and he's not pampering me so I've got to do it myself!!! Everyone---have a wonderful day

tomandkara
03-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Pohai, I'm so glad you got a chance to check in! Where are you guys headed in Germany again? Maybe you'll end up at Landstul and be right by us at Ramstein!!! How much fun would that be?! We lived in TLF for two months last year because our house fell apart (not really, just the ductwork underneath it) and it really wasn't that bad. They come and change your sheets for you and dust and vacuum (although I vacuumed and swept myself every day anyway). Too bad they don't do dishes... Good luck! When are you leaving?

Laurie, I do hope you find a smashing Easter dress! I got a ton of compliments on my $5 clearance rack skirt I got from Target that I wore last Sunday, so I'm sending vibes your way.

Kim, that blue is gorgeous! I love it!!!

Barbara, I didn't hear about your pool overflow! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend!

Krystal, I'm sending you energy vibes to finish up the rest of your cleaning and party prep! Let us know how it goes!

Tawnya, I am sure that your hair is just beautiful! It'll grow out and change back to its normal color anyway, so I don't understand why people get so up in arms about hair. Enjoy your special time! You deserve it!

Well, both girls are napping and Connor is off playing with my brother so I have some free time. What do I do but log on here! I've got some chick peas I just roasted that are begging to be snacked on and then I'm going to turn on the TV and catch up on some programs I've taped and haven't watched yet. The house is picked up and the dishes are all done, so it's nice to have a couple minutes!

Kara

beachgal
03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
TKGlenn, have you talked to your husband about how much his comments hurt you? :( If he doesn't listen, have you considered writing him your feelings in a letter or perhaps going to counseling? If he won't do counseling, maybe you can go on your own. It won't fix what he's doing, but it could help you figure out how to handle it so you can enjoy your life without him bothering you so much. I'm sure you look gorgeous! Most women I know get their hair done at least four times a year, even if it's only a brief sojourn to Super Cuts or Cost Cutters or whatever. Many women get their nails done weekly and lots of women get other beauty treatments regularly. You certainly deserve to do the things that make you feel good. :hug: I don't know if it's true for you, but I do know that I reward myself and comfort myself with food--I need to learn to reward and comfort myself with the things that I usually tell myself are too expensive or too time consuming, like massages, just sitting for a half hour and reading a good book, etc.

Barb0522
03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Kara - We had over 5 inches of rain on Tuesday and that was enough to overfill the pool. No major problems though since there are drains in the decking around the pool. It was just the back where it is dirt that eroded some and put water in the alley. It could be worse. My coworker in Missouri had his basement flood and had many momentos destroyed.

tkglenn
03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I just don't get it. Besides, I heard that they will cut it just alittle shorter than asked because in a couple of weeks is when it'll show the true results of the cut. It'll grow back and the color will grow out, what's the big deal anyway? I think he likes it but he doesn't like me changing my looks for the better in fear of me leaving him or someone else coming along!!!! I wish he would realize that I am doing this for myself. I don't get pampered (which I believe I should---I have 4 kids and I am a stay at home mom) and I believe I have every right to be pampered. Uuuuuughhhh. Anyways, I will enjoy my "new" look. Tonight I have a cake meeting in which I have to take all 4 of my kids with me (one has ADHD and I really don't know how things will be with him there). Well, I'm off to the shower to get rid of all the loose hair and to get the "salon" smell out. It's kind of making me sick.

tkglenn
03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
beachgal-yeah, I've tried talking to him about how much he hurts me when he makes his comments but according to him, he's not saying anything negative. He goes to couseling for his PTSD but that's it. He's actually been doing really good up till this morning. I know he was upset at first because it was getting so close to him having to leave for work but I told him before I left what time I would be home. Then when I talk to him on the phone he kept hanging up on me for no reason then when I get home and he sees my hair he complains about it being too short and the color. Whatever I guess. yeah, I tend to pamper myself with food---whether it's pampering or emotional eating, I still turn to food. I get depressed, I eat. I'm happy about something, I eat. I'm stressed, I eat. I'm bored, I eat. Wish it would stop.

ladybugnessa
03-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Hello everyone. Haven't been here this week. DH works nights this week and it's hard for me to get on the computer when he's home. Got my hair done today. This is probably the first time in about a year maybe. I never get to do anything for myself and I feel weird doing it. And on top of it all, whenever I get to do something nice for myself, DH has to find something to get upset about and I don't ever get to enjoy my "pampering". I hate it. And that I one big reason why I don't do anything for myself because he always gets mad about something. When I came home and he seen my hair he complained about how short it is and he is unhappy because I colored it. It's not even highlights, it's 2 shades lighter than my natural color. What the ****?! Whatever. I never get to do it so I'm going to enjoy it no matter what he says. I don't have time for myself and he's not pampering me so I've got to do it myself!!! Everyone---have a wonderful day

oh i'm so sorry your husband is being this way....

FluffyK
03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
TK - Guys like that drive me nuts. I have no advice, because I have never heard of any of them getting nicer. Maybe counseling will help, but I dunno. Enjoy yourself and be strong - you aren't defined by what he thinks. If he's using you as his emotional punching bag, he obviously has insecurity issues. Good luck on that meeting tonight. My oldest always had "issues" like your son... I always dreaded going out with him. With some major behavior management, I am happy to say that he is now just a normal kid. (He's just turning 11)

Kara - what do roasted chick peas taste like? I've never heard of them. Your energy vibes must be helping, because we just finished the living room. I'm giving the kids a little break, then time to tackle the study/computer room.

ladybugnessa
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
oh i love roasted chickpeas.... they taste like what you season them with...

they are nutty.... they are a salty yummy snack...

tomandkara
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Krystal, roasted chickpeas are AMAZING! They taste like whatever seasonings you put on them. My favorite is to toss some drained and rinsed canned garbanzo beans with a little olive oil and salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then I bake them on a cookie sheet at 350* for a half hour to 45 minutes, shaking them up every fifteen minutes or so. I believe this is a Nessa special.

Kara

FluffyK
03-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Aaaaah, so you use the CANNED ones.... I was wondering just HOW crunchy they would be using the dried ones! LOL!

I've been eating like CRAP today.. :( Don't know what's my problem. I know what I need to do, it's just that I seem to be defying my own self. How stupid. I really need to get back on track! I don't want to lose ground, but I keep eating things that I'm not supposed to (and too much, too!).

Help - I'm dangling off the cliff and my grip is weakening!