Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #1  

Default Centers Closing-Get your Bulk Bars TODAY!

Ladies and Gents-

The attached video link is an expose that LA Weight Loss is indeed Closing. It specifically addresses the new "Spring Hours" as being an exit strategy for the company to close. I urge all of you to watch the attached video clip and go get your bars, TODAY!

http://www.abclocal.go.com/kfsn/stor...cal&id=6022919

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 03-19-2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added www to link
ritajwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Not that I don't agree with you that this is the beginning of the end of the LA Weight Loss Centers just like the PURE Weight Loss Centers, but just wanted to clarify that this news story only address the Fresno CA LA Weight Loss Centers.

I also noticed that they were only refunding weight loss weeks (not the 52 weeks of maintenance you purchase) and that you had to be purchasing their products to be eligible for a refund. Pretty slick if you ask me.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

RITA . . . the link doesn't work
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #4  
it's always something

Meowee, copy and paste the link to view the video
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh thanks . . . . . . One of the many things I just love around here -- I'm always learning new stuff.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just added www to make it work for the copy/paste challenged.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Try the link to their home page, click on "local" in the news column, and you'll see a link to the story..

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

That is despicable that they will not refund for the maintenance period.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

...or if you weren't buying the bars.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #10  

Please know that the employees are not being informed either.... They are being told to close down the centers by some paperwork in a bax.... Texas and Ok centers.... Get ready!!!!!!!
ExLAWLEmployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #11  

I don't get what your saying, how are the employees not being informed but being told to close down at the same time? How do you still get all this information? I'm just curios b/c OK thought they were closing down last summer and they were very upfront w/us. But it didn't end up happening. They don't seem to know anything about this now. Now, I will say the director that was there last summer, sadly is no longer at the Edmond location.
hmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #12  

WOW! So what happens to the clients? What happens to the coaches that want to continue their support of their clients?

Are the coaches thinking of still supporting their clients or giving other suggestions?
lovenelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Hmmmm... The way it happened in New Mexico last April is that the employees were informed on Sunday that as of Monday, they were going to be closed.. They basically got their last paychecks and were told "That's it"... They had been told earlier in the month that there was chance the shops could close if the franchise sale didn't go through... But I guess they were fairly confident it would seel. The sale fell through at the last minute and the staff were given no notice until they were laid off.

Lovenelvis - As far as the counselors or coaches go, they now have to focus on their own lively hood.. As some centers have closed around the country, there have been a couple of staffers who have logged on here and offered support, but I imagine as they've had to find new jobs themselves, they've had to move on.. I can't blame them for that at all, but I also don't think it's right to come here, offer support and then eventually stop responding...

The good news for all you about to be affected by shutdowns is there are plenty here on this site that can at least offer a certain amount of guidence.

Last edited by Dan2112; 04-11-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

My center went to "spring hours" last week--10-6 MWF only. I went over to talk to the mgr--she insisted they weren't closing, said they would have someone there next week to train them on the new LA at home program, to enable them to help clients who weren't coming in as often, she said due to fuel prices. IDK, it just sounds fishy. When I asked if I could get my products, she said sure, it was a good time as they had a new shipment the day before and had a good selection. I got everything except not all my lites. She also let me exchange some of my lites for the new controltrim shakes.
But I think I am not going to use the products, as I feel it better for me to try to lose on regular foods, afraid I will just gain after. So am putting them all on ebay, hopefully have them all listed by end of week. If any of you are interested, pm me for my ebay username--don't really want to post it here!!
donnakd is offline   Reply With Quote