Old 03-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default middle of the night snacking.. ummm..guilty!

I had a really good day yesterday - then in the middle of the night I wake up (had to go pee from drinking water too late) and I spot the cookies - the girl scout cookies!! No one is up - no one is looking... I ate 5 of them then went back to bed. Grrrrr.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #2  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

ACK - hide them! lol Ask someone to hide them for you

I haven't had the urge myself to eat in the middle of the night if I am sleeping and wake up - BUT if I'm up late, then I ususally get a nasty case of the munchies - I will usually drink a cup of water or even hot caffine free tea to fill my tummy up.

Sometimes if I wake up and have problems getting back to sleep, I'll heat up a mug of skim milk and add a tiny bit of honey to help me get back to sleep.

You can do it
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Dana, this is exactly why the junk has to stay out of my house. I went off plan last week for several days and had a very difficult time getting back on-plan. My trigger?....the 4 boxes of stinkin' Girl Scout Cookies I ordered several weeks ago! If the junk isn't here, then I can't eat it during my weak moments....like being half awake in the middle of the night.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

oh I'm back on plan now (eating go lean crunch w/ ff yogurt) and on my way to the Y. I just hate how I did that. I felt like how I guessed a diabetic would feel and I got a sugar fix to adjust my insulin. I think I just need to get rid of them... turns out no on in my family likes the thin mints - just me.

Do you ever eat bad food just because you don't want to waste it - so instead you put it on your waist?
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #5  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

I was lucky in that our Girl Scout Cookies came before I started back on WW. My big downfall is milk...I'd get up in the middle of the night and go through at least 1/2 gallon. Peanut butter too...so I completely forbid having this in the house!!

I do understand about not throwing away food too. I think, in my mind, that I spent the money on it and if I throw it away it'll be wasted money. Crazy!!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
Do you ever eat bad food just because you don't want to waste it - so instead you put it on your waist?
I've been known to do it in the past. Now like the PP I try to not bring hte junk into the house. That's not to say I didn't have a binge on my 100 cal. packs the other night (8 in one sitting *cough cough*) I chalked it up to having to take extra medicine that was giving me the munchies at bedtime. I'm back on track now and have my 100 cal. packs in check. (If they become a problem again, I'll just stop buying them.)

Good for you for getting right back on track and not letting that one incident derail you.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #7  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

I really had to hold myself back last night....I ate within plan yesterday but I didn't feel like I had anything "good". I felt unfulfilled for the first time since starting this. I finally just had to take my butt to bed because I just wanted to shovel food in my mouth!! *lol* I know this is only the first time of many for me. I think only eating 5 cookies was great because had it been me, I would have ate the whole sleeve...seriously!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

This whole dieting thing is as much mental as physical.

I just recently read on Jillian Michael's site the three components of her plan:

Self: Learn how to change your behaviors to finally reach your goals.

Science: Eat right for your metabolism.

Sweat: Train your body for serious weight loss

Notice she put the mental stuff first. Because honestly, unless your head is in the right place to do this, you won't succeed. (I'm saying this to myself!)
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 276/266/180

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I can relate to that. Late night is the hardest time for me. I can deal with it all day, having 3 kids (and now 3 12-hour old kittens) to keep me busy! I find that I wait way too long to eat. Sometimes I find that late afternoon I haven't ate yet and am then STARVING and it seems to be downhill from there. It IS mental as much as physical...maybe even more mental for some?
Andria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #10  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I've been struggling for 3 days now. I stay within my calories but my food choices have been awful. Yesterday I ate three nutty bars!! So yesterday 630 of my calories were from nutty bars. Ugh.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote