Weight Loss Support - What are your 2 favorite 100 calorie "treat" foods ?

Sweetcaroline
03-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi,
What are your 2 favorite 100 calorie "treat" foods... i've been there, done that with the packages... and the WW stuff... any ideas ?? Thank you so much.... I love it here....

SoulBliss
03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Dagoba 87% Dark Chocolate...Organic, vegan and delicious!!! Sometimes I have a few squares with a few almonds or a bit of almond or peanut butter. I can't think of a better way to "spend" 100 treat calories!

mandalinn82
03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
100 calories of popcorn, popped in an airpopper, with a pinch of pink mineral sea salt. So clean and classic.

1 container nonfat greek yogurt, 40 calories worth of fruit of choice, splenda to taste if the fruit isn't quite ripe

tleef
03-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Vitalicious! Vita Muffins and Vita-tops! Yum! Deep Chocolate is my fav!

Cheers,
Tamara

zenor77
03-18-2008, 10:25 PM
100 calories worth of good quality fair trade dark chocolate (at least 70%.)

My second would have to be a piece of whatever fruit is in season.

mxgirl737
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
2 wasa light crackers and 2 tbsp. PB2... no lie...I LOVE this snack!!!

fiberlover
03-18-2008, 11:12 PM
1/2 - 3/4 ounce of nuts (cashews are my fave!)

Tall nonfat latte

Glory87
03-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Hmmm, I guess I would say:

Starbucks tall skinny mocha (90 calories)
Starbucks chocolate biscotti (140 calories)
100 calorie kettle corn snack pack
Cliff Nectar bar - the dark chocolate walnut kind (140 calories)
2 tbs of pumpkin butter, heated...then I dip a banana into it
Cup of hot tea with a big spoon of honey
Baked apple, filled with blueberries (I use the frozen kind, when they bake, they get SO saucy and good)
Roasted pineapple (under the broiler) with a drizzle of dark chocolate
Trailmix with almonds and dried cranberries
2 white cheddar rice cakes
I like to roast a butternut squash, mash it up and add some pumpkin butter - it's wonderful!
50 calorie La Tortilla Factory tortilla, smeared with just enough natural peanut butter, nuke in microwave for like 10 seconds (until it's all melty) wrap around a very ripe banana....bliss
Frozen fruit - my favorites are mango, pineapple and dark cherries

Erinyes74
03-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Greek yogurt with honey...yum yum yum!
(careful with the honey-- it ads up quick!)

azmom
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Here are a couple of my favs!

A La Tortilla Factory tortilla heated up with a light Laughing Cow wedge smeared on it .
A perfectly crisp Red Delicious apple (takes me a long time to eat!)

gastronome
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
My two ABSOLUTE favorites are:
1 cup homemade yogurt (HEAVEN!)
sandwich made from Better n Peanut Butter and 1 slice light bread

dgramie
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
1/4 cup of eggbeaters and 1/4 cup of fatfree cheese and 3 sliced mushrooms. 90 calories

jellydisney
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
My Fav's:

-Skinny Cow Ice Cream Popsicle (Mint flavored!) - 80 cals
-Handful of Green Olives - 10 cals each
-Kozy Shack reduced-fat rice pudding or tapioca pudding - 90 cals

Yum!

yogachick30
03-19-2008, 10:18 AM
A few of my favorite snacks:
-Vitatops in choc.
-100 cal kettle corn popcorn
-South Beach 100 cal peanut and choc. chip bars
- 1/2c of f.f greek yogurt mixed w. splenda, sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon. Dip apples slices in mixture!

Sweetcaroline
03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone... now I have some new things to try...

sweettart08
03-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Glory - I'm going to go to Starbuck's on my way home from grocery shopping today...if I order a "Tall Skinny Mocha", that's only 90 calories?? I had no idea!!!

horsey
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Popcorn, popcorn, popcorn.... With I can't believe it's not butter on top

skinny4me
03-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I know this may sound crazy but I love some of the cookies/snacks I buy for my toddler. I get the Earth Best brand and others and surprisingly they taste good, are good for you without the added calories or sugars.

I also love nutella (1 tbsp) with a quarter piece of low carb lavish bread. Yummy!!!

mandalinn82
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Any of the "tall skinny" drinks from Starbucks are 90 calories...they have any number of sugar free syrups, including my two favorites, dulce de leche and cinnamon dolce! Yum!

The only calories are from the milk.

Tavinni
03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
I am a chocaholic soooooooo 2 of my snack fav's

*Genny's 100 calorie chocolate chocolate chip brownie....mmmmmmmmmm sooooooooo good (7g fiber 4g protein)

*Fudgesical delicious

Beach Patrol
03-19-2008, 05:06 PM
I love Jello Pudding's sugar free jellos. YumYumYumYumYum!!! Nummy treat! :D

OH! - and Klondike Slim-a-Bear ice cream sandwiches... 100 calories for creamy, cold, yummy goodness!

sweettart08
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Any of the "tall skinny" drinks from Starbucks are 90 calories...they have any number of sugar free syrups, including my two favorites, dulce de leche and cinnamon dolce! Yum!

Mandalinn - thank you sooooo much....tall skinny, cinnamon dolce - YUM!

Hat Trick
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Popcorn, popcorn, popcorn.... With I can't believe it's not butter on top

Oh horsey, I'm sooo with you on popcorn. I just LOVE the stuff. Ok, I really like it w/butter and kosher salt . . . BUT have bought some non-stick buttered flavored spray stuff that I put on after it's popped (hot air) then the salt has something to stick to. It's not too bad (considering it's not real butter :lol:)

Is 'I can't Believe It's Not Butter' a shake on product or something you melt then pour on? I've seen the commercials for this but never pay enough attention to whatever it is they're trying to sell me ... I'm too busy looking for the remote to lower the volume. :D

I also like the Quaker Caramel Rice Cakes (50 cals for the big ones). You can top it w/vanilla yogurt and some frest fruit -- sliced bananas and cinnamon or fresh sliced strawberries. Very, very satisfiying.

Ookpik
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM
100-calorie Aero singles and 100-calorie Lay's Classic chips. Yum.

femme fatale
03-19-2008, 10:41 PM

So even fat-free milk has calories?

SoulBliss
03-19-2008, 10:44 PM
So even fat-free milk has calories?

All real foods that have carbohydrate, protein or fat have calories.

mandalinn82
03-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes, skim milk has calories...about 85 per cup. The skinny lattes are 12 oz (1.5 cups), but have about 8 oz of milk and 4 oz of espresso and the sugar free syrup. The syrups are sweetened with Splenda, and have no calories. The espresso has about 5, leading to the total of 90 calories for a skinny latte.

By the by, the "Skinny latte" is really just a rebranding of the options they already had...they are just skim lattes with sugar free syrups. Tasty, though.

Nori71
03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Glory - I'm going to go to Starbuck's on my way home from grocery shopping today...if I order a "Tall Skinny Mocha", that's only 90 calories?? I had no idea!!!Wouldn't the mocha have more than the regular skinny latte? Not a lot - but whatever the mocha syrup has - 25 cal or so? Kinda crazy that I live in Seattle and don't do Starbucks unless I HAVE to!

mandalinn82
03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
They have a sugar free chocolate syrup now, too. So if you order a "skinny mocha", they use the sugar free syrup, and just like the others, no calories.

Glory87
03-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Yeah, the sugar free mocha is new!!!

BlueToBlue
03-20-2008, 05:53 AM
I love :love: that Starbucks has added all these sugar-free syrups to their menu. It's made a huge Starbuck's fan out of me. I wish other coffee houses would get on the clue train!

ThePrettyOne
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
80 calorie Cheese stick wrapped in 3 slices of lean deli ham and dipped in mustard
Starbucks Tall Skinny Mocha Latte
A huge sliced red bell pepper dipped in 3 tblspns Kalamata/Artichoke Hummus

But I gotta say, I still LOVE my 100 calorie snack packs :)

femme fatale
03-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I've never had hummus. I know a lot of people love it, but it just looks kind of gross ;x

ThePrettyOne
03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
I just recently found one I liked....and the Kalamata/Artichoke is it! :) I hate other kinds....so bland and ick. But I love Kalamata olives and this ones (Cedars brand) tastes so much like them! IMO, it doesn't look any nastier that drippy lumpy Ranch dressing that so many people love to drench there food in...or at least used to! (personally I've never liked the stuff!) :lol:

peachcake
03-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I like 100cal packs of almost anything, currently my snacks in the "snack" drawer are:
Cheese nips - 100 cal pack
Ritz sour cream & onion - 100 cal pack
Hostess cupcakes - 100 cal pack
Chocolate animal cracks - 100 cal pack (taste like chocolate teddy grahms)
Florida Natural Fruit snakcs - 50cals
Jello sugar free pudding - 40cals per cup (I think, I would need to check but I'm not at home)
Quaker Rice Cakes Chocolatey Drizzle - 90 cal pack
Quaker Rice Cakes Cheddar - 70cals per serving (another one I'd have to check)

And in the freezer:
Skinny cow ice cream sandwiched (mint ice cream, chocolate sandwich) - 140cals
Skinny cow ice cream cones (mint choc and vanilla caramel) - 150cals
Jello pudding pops in vanilla, choc and swirl - 90cals each

On the healtheir side:
Special K peaches and berries granola bar - 90cals (but really no nutritional value)
Light String Cheese - 60cals
Non-fat yogurt - 100cals
Gnu choc brownie bars - 140cals
Land O Lakes Cheese - 80cal squares (or is it 90cals?)

I like to have options! I maybe eat one or two of these a day.

Glory87
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I love :love: that Starbucks has added all these sugar-free syrups to their menu. It's made a huge Starbuck's fan out of me. I wish other coffee houses would get on the clue train!

I was always a fan of Tully's - they had sugar free raspberry, that makes a tasty latte. There was this little drive-through coffee place in Issaquah WA that had at least 20 kinds of sugar free syrups, including sugar free toasted marshmallow! I used to pick a different kind every time :)

mandalinn82
03-20-2008, 01:34 PM
My favorite local shop has 15 or so flavors...mmm. I get flavored Americanos all the time - delicious!

Nori71
03-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I was always a fan of Tully's - they had sugar free raspberry, that makes a tasty latte. There was this little drive-through coffee place in Issaquah WA that had at least 20 kinds of sugar free syrups, including sugar free toasted marshmallow! I used to pick a different kind every time :)I was surprised by blutoblues comment about other shops not having SF as well. The local little drive through I frequent has loads of sugar frees. (As well has some damn good treats.) Not sure about the SF mocha syrup though. That's cool. I'll have to check or suggest!

almostheaven
03-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Usually, for around 100 calories, I prefer to snack on either apples or 100 calorie bags of popcorn. The apples satisfy my sweet and crunchy desires and the popcorn the salty side.

ttugurl
03-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Can it be less than 100 calories??? Because there is this low-fat yogurt at my grocery store and it is delicious. Only 70 calories. It's a generic brand but still. I love their pina colada and strawberry flavors.

gemini1567
03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
Since I'm just starting out, it's taking a lot for me to get past my regular snack foods (which were everything!).

So far
100 cal cup Jello Fat free pudding
100 cal pack shortbread cookies or oreo thins
Strawberries
Carrots

HudsonHawk
03-21-2008, 09:34 AM
For a 100 cal or less fun snack I really like the following (but I sometims have trouble having just one...)
100 cal kettle corn packs-easy to have just one as there's a lot in that little bag
FF Fudgsicles
1 spoonfull of full fat Ben and Jerry's-THIS is something I can actually limit myself on. It's too rich for any more than a nibble here and there.
Light string cheese-love cheese, I have trouble limiting myself here
Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches in vanilla and mint
baby carrots
a fresh pear or other piece of fruit

chinchillables
10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Hi,
What are your 2 favorite 100 calorie "treat" foods... i've been there, done that with the packages... and the WW stuff... any ideas ?? Thank you so much.... I love it here....http://top5choices.com/-pics-/vitali.jpg

The only way I can consider counting something 100 calorie is if it comes labeled that way already, lol. ;):dizzy::D:p

Lori Bell
10-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Since my calories are on the low side, I had to promise my doctor, (and myself) that I would eat no empty calories. SO...every thing I eat has to be "good" for me in some way. (I have 1200 four days a week & 1500 three days a week). My treats are usually fruit. Apples, peaches, pears, grapes, cantaloupe, watermelon, bananas, grapefruit, cherries etc. Best when purchased in season or homegrown...all around 100 calories for a pretty good serving...delicious.

Smiling_Sara
10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
spoonful of really good peanut butter ( my fav is peanut butter & Company ) they have a dark chocolate PB to die for!

I also love popcorn

inspired by you
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
This is why I love this site. I find ways to adapt some of my favorite foods so I can still eat them.. I was feeling guilty for my 2 eggs and toast yesterday but I love eggs and just had to have them. Dont know why I didnt think of eggbeaters. Thanks for the reminder.

Ookpik
10-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Vachon 100 calorie snacks (Ah Caramel is my favorite!)

Activia Fiber yogurts (apples, musli and nuts is my fave)

ghost
10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese

5 saltine crackers & 5 lite laughing cow cheese squares

sugar free jello with lite cool whip

sugar free fudgecicle

Tofutti sandwiches

Kettle corn 100 cal packs

yoplait light harvest peach yogurt

thats just off the top of my head...

JamieJo
10-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Mrs. Freshley's 100 calorie pack (cupcake pack)

Do any of you guys like pickles in ham with a little bit of cream cheese? I really like those and haven't had any in awhile. Wonder how low in calories I could make those with lean ham and fat free cream cheese.... hmmmm... yum.

FB
10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
A fav 100 calorie treat for me is 2TBS of hummus and a whole smallish cucumber - the perfect snack!

Another is eggbeaters, 2 servings, with tomatoes, spinach, onion and garlic topped with salsa. Or just eggbeaters wrapped in a small La Tortilla with salsa. MMM.

I'll often just grab protein for a snack, some turkey, tuna, shrimp - whatever.

I snack all day, 4-5 snacks and 1-2 normal sized meals.