Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #1  
Mini-Goal #1: 160 by 4/14

S/C/G: 185-ish/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default Weekly Chat 3/17-3/23

I didn't see this one started yet...I hope it's okay that I took the initiative!?!

So I was at 170 Saturday morning, and after a weekend of eating at friends/relative's houses, I'm at 171. I'm okay with that though, because I know I really should only be weighing in 1x/week....not to mention it's my TOM That definitely could have come into play.

I set a mini-goal for myself (finally) - 160 by April 14th. I know that's probably pushing it, but I haven't really even started my exercise program yet, so I figure I might have a chance if I get going on that. I'm not telling anyone (not even my hubby) except everyone on here because while I plan to make myself accountable through 3FC, I don't want to feel like a complete failure if I don't make my goal.

That brings me to my final thought for this morning....I have decided that I want to be a runner. I have NEVER been a runner and have continued to tell people that I just don't enjoy it. I just recently realized that is an excuse. I didn't want to push myself. But I'm taking the plunge.....I have never run a mile in under 15 min.....last Thursday and Friday I did it in 12.5. Yay!!

Anyways, I hope that all of you are off to a wonderful and healthy Monday!!!!!

Last edited by sweettart08; 03-17-2008 at 12:07 PM.
sweettart08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #2  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Boo! I'm back from my spring break vacation. =) I've really enjoyed myself, so I'm happy about that at least! Today, I'm just trying to adapt to the grind of school again, and figure out what else I need to do for this week. =) How is everybody?

sweet- Being a runner will be cool! One thing to keep in mind....runners tend to be extremely lean because they actually eat away at the muscle first and then the fat....though I think that's only if you're a serious runner. If you do some toning work outs like weights and the like, you won't lose muscle. =) At least, that's what I've heard from other boards!

Last edited by starofsorrow; 03-17-2008 at 12:28 PM.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #3  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

I always hate trying to get back into a routine after being on vacation.

I'm so, so tired today. I don't know why, but I could lay down and take a nap right now. (Unfortunately my 4 yr old would take it upon herself to use my lipstick on the wall or something).

I need to get working. I've got a ton of reports to go through!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #4  

I wish I had a spring break... a bunch of my friends that are in grad/law school are off, but nope not me I'm sitting my cubicle typing away (sigh). I need something to look forward to. Makes time go by faster.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

My bf and I had our cooking class on friday and it was so much fun. Definately not low cal however.... There was something like 7L (12 pints) of whipping cream invloved in the creation of our 4 course dinner. Now granted that was spilt among 24 ppl but still, I don't even want to think about how many calories were in that dinner! There was a pretty good dip recipe it's a hazelnut miso dip. It was delicious we had it with tempure veggies, but it would make a great dip in general. The chef also said that he like to spread the dip on top of cooked fish or chicken.

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested (serves 8)
1/2cup shiro miso (if shiro miso isn't available use the lightest colour miso you can find)
1/4 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp hazelnut oil (this is expensive and can be hard to find, subistute seseme oil instead)
1 tsb hot sauce
1 clove glaric, minced

Place all items in a food processor and blend until smooth. Dip is a little salty but delicious!

Saturday night I cooked dinner, again not the healthies dinner on the planet. I made spinach and boursin cheese stuffed chicken breast with homemade friench onion soup and ben and jerry's for dessert. I was really good yesterday. I made the best asperagus stir-fry for dinner. It was super easy too!

I mardinaded the aspargus in a spicy asian marinade for about an hour(below)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine or sake
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried chile flakes or hot chile paste
1 tablespoon virgin olive oil

I cut the spears into 1-2inch long pieces, marinated it a bit and then sauteed the asparagus in pam, reserving marinade. After removing asparagus from pan, I added reserved marinade along with a cornstarch to thicken for a sauce. Served it over brown rice. Yummy!

I also took the pulnge and applied to an online university today. I have a sociology degree with a minor in psychology. Through this school I should be able to compelted a 2nd BA in psychology. Then hopefully I'll apply to a masters of Applied psych program. i'm super neverous about going back to school, and doing it on my own. I hope my brain can handle it. I "start" my first course on June 1st. I'm only taking one for now to make sure that I'm alright doing the whole online thing. Anyone else taken courses online, any suggestions? Lizzy, I may be asking you some psych related questions in the coming months!

Cookie, I'm with you. I miss the motivation of spring break/reading week (if you're canadian)!

Frog That after vacation feeling sucks. I always feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation and it takes me forever to get back into the swing of things!

I just realized how long this is! Sorry....

Last edited by shantroy; 03-17-2008 at 03:07 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #6  

Shantroy - that is awesome that you are going back to school!! I would love to do that someday....when I'm done being a full-time mommy I would also love to take a cooking class with my hubby...and dance classes too! Maybe when I get close to my ultimate goal!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #7  
Tired of cold and rain...

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls, well its been sooooo long since I've been on here (like 3 or 4 days) and I'm glad to be back. I feel a little better about things, the relationship is still stressful sometimes but I'm trying to handle things better. I'm an emotional/stress eater so that is not good. I found a few amazing thing though....the mashed potato bowl at KFC. Its mashed potatoes then corn then brown gravy then popcorn chicken then cheese. Its the worst thing possible healthwise but its absolutely amazing. YUMMMMM!!!! Anyway, the dog people came and did the home visit so all I have to do is wait for the family that is fostering my dog to contact me and we can work out the arrangments. I'm so excited!!!

SHAN-Tell me more about the online classes? I took this semester off but I'm not sure about what I want to do anymore. Online classes might be the thing....

SWEETTART-Great job on the running! I like running but I just gotta get off my lazy but and do it....
Jill Tha Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #8  
Newbie LAWL

That sounds delicious, shant!!!

Getting back in routine isn't so tough, I guess. I just can't wait to graduate!!! I also found out I lost just a bit over half a pound while on vacation...can't get better than that especially since I forgot my food diary and vitamins at home!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Sweettart – good luck with that goal! And with the running, I know what you mean. I used to walk the mandatory “mile run” in school, and now I jog a 10 min mile!
Starts – welcome baaaack!
Frog – hope vaca was fun!!
Cookie – at least you get a paycheck
Shan – way to go on starting school again! I know it’s totally scary. You’ll do great, though!
Jill – welcome back!

As for me, I was up all last night with a horrible stomach virus or something. I'm still couch-ridden, and I have never been so sick. Now my (ex?) boyfriend, who's been hanging out with me on the couch all day, is out with his friend, and I'm starting to feel like I miss him a little. He's waiting to hear back about a job he interviewed for, and I wonder, if he gets it and gets $$, will I want to be with him?
Oh man my stomach....
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Well I was sitting at like 169 this morning which was good considering my Florida vacation last week. I guess all of the walking around helped some. Today didn’t go as well as planned. I was kindof hungry all day (trouble getting my calories back on track after a vacation). I kept telling myself no celebrating my Irish heritage and that failed but not as bad as it could have. I had some beer while I was at my internship today (one of the guys that I actually had just met today was sharing a 40 with me because all of our profs were gone. Such a bad start to the evening). Then I went out to dinner with my sister which was not only not planned but I had that taste for alcohol so I ended up getting a big fruity green drink and then they were giving free shots of baileys so that was bad but I will survive not as bad as it could have been.

So the plan for tomorrow is to stay on plan and to get to the gym.

Sweettart – Good job on dropping to 170 and starting to set goals for yourself. I find them very helpful. Also I envy you for becoming a runner, I can’t run because I end up getting side pain (something about my liver or gallbladder removal or something like that), anyways good job.

Starsofsorrow – I know what you mean about being back, it sucks, I was on break then only back for like a week before I went to Florida for school and it sucks big time being back, today seemed like the longest day every. Good job losing weight on break!

Frog – that is no fun that you don’t get naps I find them to be a necessity on some days.

Cookie – my friends keep telling me that I’m luck I’m still in school because I get spring breaks and summers off.

Shantroy – how do you make your French onion soup? I have been looking for a good recipe. I know what you mean about recipes being full of fat I always am looking for ways to modify recipes I find to be healthier.

Jill – that is exciting about the foster dog, and well about the mash potato bowl just walk away!

Lizzy – Sorry about being sick, feel better!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I am in a funk. People keep contributing to my funk. The funk is VERY quickly turning into rage.

This girl @ school was supposed to help me with a project today because I helped her with one before and I wasn't there the day this one was assigned in class. I have like....NO TIME now because of work, the show, and my work load in classes, so I had to chisel out time in my schedule to do this. I talked to her earlier in the day and she told me where to meet her. So, I show up, and wait. And wait. And wait. FOR TWO HOURS. TWO FREAKING HOURS AND SHE DOESNT SHOW UP!!! She comes to rehearsal as I'm leaving (we had different times we had to be there) and just mouths "I'm sorry" at me. But no. I'm sorry, but she could have CALLED ME to tell me she couldn't do it. That would've been fine. INSTEAD I SAT AROUND FOR TWO HOURS waiting for her to show up. So unbelievably mad.

Haven't weighed myself in weeks. I don't think this whole me getting down to 155 thing is ever going to happen.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #12  

Thanks everyone for the comments about my running...coming back and reading them really made me feel good about my decision all over again! I ran a 12 min/mi a few hours ago...sooooo happy!!

Shrinkinglizzy - I would LOVE to be at a 10 min/mi someday...my goal is to enter a 5k sometime this summer and I figure that if I can do a 10 min/mi, I should be able to average somewhere around 12-13 in a race. We'll see. I entered one last spring and when the alarm went off that morning, I couldn't even bring myself to get out of bed....I was so frustrated with myself. Anyways...congrats on your running! That's wonderful! And as someone who also walked the mandatory mile run in school...you are an inspiration

RememberHowToSmile - Well you've obviously found what works for you...133 lbs lost....simply amazing!!

Jill - Thanks and congrats on the new addition to your family!! Puppies are wonderful I'm hoping that ours will be my running partner when I get good at this!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all,
OK, I think my stomach is back to normal. I was in the bathroom all day yesterday and the night before...so OF COURSE I stepped on the scale this morning, and I am down to 137 post stomach flu!! haha, that's a great loss. I'm not counting on it sticking around!
uh oh, just ate solid food and now my stomach is starting to hurt again...uh oh...

anyway,
arts -- i'm sorry for your flaky "friend." that sucks.
remember -- sounds like a fun internship!
sweet -- i want to run a 5k, too. You know, that 10 min mile is just ONE mile, maybe if I slow it down I might actually be able to do a 5k...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #14  

ShrinkingLizzy - Awww...I hope you feel better SOON! The flu can be so terrible And I think you could definitely do a 5k...maybe try focusing on running longer....and not worrying about how long it takes you. Then, you can gradually p/u speed. I should just get on-line and choose a race several months from now...register...and do it regardless of how much I want to chicken out

Take care...try to feel better today!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #15  
Newbie LAWL

shrinking - Take care, for sure!!! Hope the flu goes away asap...it's no fun being sick! =)

To both shrinking and sweet - Go for it!!! You never know what will happen. Even finishing a 5k will be a fanastic thing. =) No need to worry about winning, as long as you finish!