Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Mar 17 - Mar 23

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 76/70.7/46

Yesterday I had my "last" (hopefully) bingeing episode...I really want to try to stay free of overeating for this coming week, with your help!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

G'day ladies!

Alba, good luck this week!

Shay, I read your last post on last week's thread and wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. You made it through almost four weeks binge-free. I am SO PROUD OF YOU! I know that this one slip-up won't derail you, and I totally undestand your frustration. But I am sure you know how far you've come and give yourself credit for it! Congrats to you, you're really doing great.

Tina, how'd those baskets go?

How are all of you doing today??

I arrived at my parents house on Saturday, and while I'm not bingeing, I"m certainly not being the healthiest (i.e. not making the best decisions foodwise, not exercising like I said I would.. ugh). I need to find a way to not let a visit home derail me completely. Anyway, for the rest of this week I'm hoping to just *not* make too many bad choices- I'll be seeing friends, etc, so it might be extra tough, but I'm hoping to get back 100% on track when I go back on Sunday night.

Happy Saint Pattys!

Last edited by djs06; 03-17-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I was at Kyle's school all afternoon helping out. I've stayed OP though and today is day 23 for me. I can't believe I haven't had a binge in 23 days. CRAZY! With Easter coming this weekend I'm pretty busy. I still need to finish up baskets, and then shop for me grocerys. Today I'm going to get my hair cut....it is getting wild Well the warm weather left as fast as it came. It's gloomy and rainy here today. Today is my gym day, so I'll have to find time to fit that in. I pulled a big pack of chicken out for dinner, just not sure what I'm going to do with it yet!LOL! That's about it for me though...I hope your all having a great week

Alba- Good luck...you can do this

Dana-The baskets are still coming along Enjoy your visit home

Shay- How are ya doing girl? Hope things are going well for ya this week

Tracy- How about you, are you feeling better? I know you were pretty upset with yourself. Like I said though we all slip up, just get up and move on Have a great day~

Birgit- How's it going hun?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #5  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi, I'm here just busy.

Tina & Dana--Thank you so much for the kind words and support. Sunday & Monday were okay but not exactly binge free so we shall see if today can be officially termed Day 1.

Tina--Day 23 that is great!

Dana--I hear you about not letting specific circumstances derail you. I know my binge was related to me and my BF fighting that day.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #6  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I'm joining in again. I did another fast yesterday and it was really tough but fulfilling to complete. I realize that I've really been abusing food and not taking its true meaning seriously. I mean we eat to live right? Not live to eat. I think I'm FINALLY starting to get it. I am thinking of fasting once a month to keep me in a reality check. I know it's probably not a common practice and I hope nobody jumps all over my back, but ever since I've been doing this my binges have been less and I am actually learning to appreciate and enjoy food.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #7  
Red Team Member

Good afternoon ladies~ Well I made it through day 23, but I have to confess I was tempted yesterday to binge. It is the first time that's happened since I started this, and I didn't like the feeling at all. I made it though and I'm proud of myself. Tonight is my OA meeting, and I think I really need it this week I always feel grounded after leaving them. After the meeting I'm gonna go to the gym for a cardio workout. I hope your all doing well~

Shay- How did yesterday go? Is today day 2 for ya

Poohbear- I don't think I could fast, I would turn into a raving lunatic with food, my husband would probably force feed me!LOL! I tend to get really crabby when I'm hungry!! You sound like you've got yourself back on track though~
Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #8  

I'm binge free from 2 days and a half, and today I started to follow my diet plan (1600 cal.); it was long time from the last time I really diet, even if many many times in years I just SAID I was trying to diet...I'm hungry and very nervous, hopefully I will pass through this evening without giving up! Evening and night are the worst hours of the day for my bingeing impulse...
Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #9  
My Evolution

Tina--Thanks for asking. I'm not quite there. There have been small binges yesterday and today. Tomorrow is my day. I know it !
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind me joining in.

Well done on all your attempts at not binging. 23 days! Well done Tina!

I only restarted trying to be healthier on Monday, and already I've had a blip (or two). Although I didn't binge, I did eat a few too many extra snacks after dinner on Tuesday, and then last night I ate half a packet of large rice cakes, almost moving from hunger to binge mode but I stopped myself in order to go and prepare dinner for the family. Then later in the evening after having an "almost but not quite" argument with my Dad and Sister about Easter plans, I was so tempted to binge. I managed to make myself just go to bed instead, but I didn't sleep at all well last night, and I always find it harder to resist when I am tired.

I find coming home from work, and going to bed are the times when I have to be really careful because I just want to eat and eat.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,
I know I'm joining in late in the week, but I do want to keep up with this thread.

I was doing great, binge free for 2 months, until 3 weeks ago. I wanted to change my diet just a bit for variety so started eating more raw veggies and fruit, less grains, less beans, etc (I'm trying to be vegan, so no meat or dairy). And for the past 3 weeks I've had binge episodes .

You'd think I'd have gotten the message after week 1. Actually, I've tried moving to this type of eating before and the same thing always happens. It's not even that I'm hungry or I have cravings. I think it's more the psychological aspect of restricting certain foods and since I've had such a long and dirty history with dieting/restricting, that drives me to binge.

Thankfully, I finally DID get it and I'm back to doing what I did at the beginning of the year when I didn't have any binge episodes. I'm determined to make this work!

Tam
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #12  
Red Team Member

Good evening ladies~ I'm just popping in to say hello and wish you guys a Happy Easter Today is day 26 for me. I have to say though this week has been rough. TOM is due next week and I just feel like I have the munchies 24/7. So far I've been able to control it though, so I'm hoping I can just keep in under control. Once TOM gets here I'm fine, but that week before I'm usually insane with my eating. I lost 2lbs this week though so I'm using that as a motivator to stay on track and not undo all my hard work. Hope your all doing well
Old 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #13  

Hi!
Today is day 5 for me, and I'm proud becouse today I had an hard day and I was near to undo everything...I had an argument with my husband and I was very nervous all the day; had to stop myself from a binge a couple of time...but I did it! This week I lost 1.1 kg. ( it was my first week of dieting) and this is the best thing (I agree with Tina) to stay motivated.
Happy Easter to everyone!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #14  
My Evolution

Hi all,
Everyone seems to be doing well. Yesterday wasn't my Day 1 but today might make it. I will let you know.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 68/68/59

Height: 163cm

Default Wow!

Hi Ladies,
I hope it is okay if I join in on this thread. I too struggle with binge eating, triggered by tiredness or stress. I know all about healthy eating and I run up to 8kms every second day. But I continue to offset everything I do wwith binge eating, essentially sabotaging myself.
Tina - how fantastic and inspirational you are!
I hope I can do as well as you. Perhaps checking in here will help?
Thank you for sharing your stories.
Cheers,
Laura
Closed Thread