South Beach Diet - portions

View Full Version : portions

kbroyles3
03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I know I know... I need to buy the book, and I am this week, but until then... Im making baked chicken tonight (a whole perdue chicken) how much of it can I eat??

Im also gonna make asparagus, is there a limit on that?? can I just put them in a skillet with e virgin olive oil??

thanks again!!

Kristi

cottagebythesea
03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
You can have as much chicken as you want, as long as it's only the white meat, and remember, no skin! ;) You can also have an unlimited amount of the asparagus or any other vegetable. It's important to strive for 4 1/2 cups of vegetables every day, at the very least.
Portion sizes aren't that important in Phase 1, just eat until you are satisfied. However, keep in mind that 3200 calories = 1 lb., so stay below that. Most of us try to keep our calories within a 1,500 - 2,500 range per day.

ladybugnessa
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
i suggest you start with 3 oz of protein... weigh it if you can. you will be amazed at how little it is.... if you are still hungry after your 3 oz of protein and 2 cups of (raw) veggies then add some more veggies and a bit more protein. make sure to get your good fats too!

lbug
03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi Kristi-
Not sure if this is to late, but I roast asparagus on a hot oven-450 for about 15 minutes- a little evoo sprinkled on top- crispy and really good!