South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 123/116/110

Height: 4'11

Default starting phase 1 today...need some help!!

Hi Everyone...

I started phase 1 today and need some help as to what I can eat/not eat for 2 weeks... We are going on a vacation mid april and I would like to loose atleast 10pds..

I need a support group!!!!

Im new to all of this, so any advice would be great!!!

Thanks
Kristi
kbroyles3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Kristi, and We're happy that you are joining us!

It's very important that you get the book and read it thoroughly before starting this new way of eating. You'll get a better understanding of the whole concept of what this diet is all about. You can also find all the information you need about the Phase 1 and Phase 2 Food Lists in our FAQ section, along with tons of other helpful information. Also, don't forget to check out our fantastic recipe board to find some truly wonderful recipes to help you stay motivated and give you some yummy meals to look forward to.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi Kristi Welcome.

I agree totally with Cottage you have to read the book.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:05 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

If you go to the Frequently asked questions part of the south beach diet forum, there are food lists for phase 1 and phase 2. Hope this helps, good luck! I started phase 2 today, I thought phase 1 was EASY and I lost 15 pounds!!!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:47 AM   #5  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

We started Phase 1 abruptly. My husband's doctor suggested he start SB. I stopped on the way home, put the book in the shopping cart, and shopped for the ingredients to make the first dinner. Then as I was reading the book as we were in Phase 1, I followed their menus for lunch and dinner pretty closely for most of phase 1. I ate phase 1 breakfasts, but didn't worry about matching them up with the days. I made the breakfast quiches and that made enough to get through much of the first week. This was a good way to get started. Once I'd read the front part of the book twice, I was ready to branch out on my own.

There's lots of good info here http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58183
The guidelines that are here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56861 are a good summary and even provide some guidelines that are not specified in the book. You should be able to check the book out of your local library, but I think eventually you will want to own a copy.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote