South Beach Diet - Sat/Sunday Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Sat/Sunday Weekend Chat

cottagebythesea
03-15-2008, 06:16 AM
:sunny: We were supposed to have a wash-out again this weekend, but most of it is going to miss us. :) Snow showers tomorrow, though!

Monica and Carley came out last night and stayed over. We're going out to the Pa. Dutch Smorgasbord (:eek:) for breakfast, then heading to the Reading Outlet Mall for some shopping for the day. Jake is coming along to help keep Carley entertained, so we'll see how long he lasts. ;)

What's everyone doing today?

Spiritmagejkt
03-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Is there anything in Dutch cooking thats diet friendly? I've caught up on my sleep finally. Have a turkey in the oven. The turkey meat was great to have last week. It gives me something to nibble on too if I am too tired to cook. We decided to try whole wheat wraps for my work and to have now and then as a treat. I may react to them hopefully I won't. Im also going to bump up the meat a tad to see if that helps keep things in balance better.

We're supposed to have snow today in fair amounts. Its an indoor snuggly day. I miss my hubby when I'm at work. I'll do some reading maybe a little yoga. I'm still sore from all the walking and lifting this week. I'll pick up extra walking once my body is adjusted to the jump in activity.
Floor nursing is about like carpentry in activity level.

Cottage I used to live about an hour south of Lancaster county across the line in Maryland.

jandaman
03-15-2008, 07:20 AM
mornin' cottage! well, it's already lunchtime over here. so far i've relished being able to sleep in after my crazy-intense week:)
smorgasbord and outlet shopping sounds like my kinda day!
it's starting to warm up but weather-wise it's more like april than march: stormy, rainy icky and gray*sigh* but it's supposed to clear up today so i think i will take a leisurely stroll along the rhine and maybe a shopping-trip into frankfurt. above all i plan to take it nice and easy;)
have fun with your company!

cheers

jan

jandaman
03-15-2008, 07:22 AM
mornin spirit, i guess we simul-posted ;) sounds like a hot cocoa and feel-good book day to me.

femmecreole
03-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Morning everyone!
Leaving on our little day trip to Alabama in just a few minutes and I'm well prepared in case there is nothing for me to eat (and plenty to share!) I made deviled eggs, cracked wheat salad (with everything but the kitchen sink in it...olives, zuchinni, squash, peppers, red onions, feta, herbs etc) and some flat out bread turkey, spinich and mozzarella cheese roll ups. I bought a cantalope to cut up and bring, but it was tasteless and ended up in the compost. yuck.

The weather looks great so far and it may get up into the 80's, so I've got my "vacation hat" on hand to prevent the dreaded wrinkles and sun spots!

I got up at 3:30 so I could do my "Callenetics" and took a long hot bath, so I'm ready for whatever comes my way.

Hope everyone has a fun day!

Ruthxxx
03-15-2008, 07:46 AM
My day won't be as much fun - more like yours, Spirit. We had a smattering of freezing rain last night but today it'll be up to 41ºF and snow is predicted. I think they are wrong on that and am hoping for rain. That'll knock the snowbanks down a bit. Right now there is so much snow in front of my house, I can't see cars going by on the road!

No walks along the Rhine, trips to Alabama or Dutch breakfasts around here! Just strawberries, Fiber One and dog snuggling with a magazine! May your weekend be whatever you want it to be!

Loriann7
03-15-2008, 07:58 AM
((morning)) I've missed you all... life here has been busy! Yesterday we had 48 deg weather, why is it going to have to rain today when I could really enjoy it?????

Me, I have that dreaded trip to Lollypop farm with the cats today. My son doesn't want me to do it, nor do I want too... but Noah had another seizure, and gideon continues to throw up. It would be crueler for me to not do it, at this point. Noah is also backed up again... he's had problems with passing his stool since a kitten and it costs 125 a pop to have the vet help him. at 17 and 19 I think it's time... though I'm tearing up already. I know this is going to be a VERY sad day for me. Alas, it must be done.

On an up note. I brought home some flooring & paint samples. Now that I work at a flooring company I should be able to get the floors I'm so desperately in need of. I asked my son to look at the vinyl I brought home and he chose the one I've been eyeing up for the kitchen, bathroom and utility areas. The rug I know what I want, now we just have to pick the color. And at that point I have to make a final decision if I'm going to paint this panelling thats all throughout the living room, hall and into the kitchen!

Anyone ever paint panelling? How did it come out? do you recommend painting it or living with it? THE WORLDS LOUSIEST INTERIOR DECORATER NEEDS HELP!!!!! ;)

ladybugnessa
03-15-2008, 08:01 AM
early birds.. good morning.... Cottage we are so close... I can be there in a hour!

yesterday i was insanely BAD but it was my birthday.... and a GREAT one at that... until this morning when i realized my own kids and my dad did not call me to wish me happy birthday... :cry: oh well... my in-laws dropped off a card. my friends made me a cake, my hubby took me out to dinner, and the guys at trader joes gave me some of my groceries for free. (i shop there so much I can tell you how old they are, when they are getting married etc)...

today i plan to clean the house, eat cleanly, do some of my Beck Work, and then tonite we are having friends over to play apples to apples...

everyone have a great day/weekend.

Barb0522
03-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Today will be cooler than yesterday but still very nice. I've got a load of laundry and the washer and my oatmeal in the microwave. Brian is still sleeping and I'll let him sleep for another half hour if he doesn't wake on his own. Robert and Ron are supposed to be here at 8 to move more stuff. And then back again around 6PM. I'm not sure during the day as it depended if Robert could find anyone to be here with him.

Late yesterday I was faxed a different inventory format that Robert's lawyer preferred so I ended up staying late so I could convert the fax to a spreadsheet and copy/paste over the information from one spreadsheet to another and then fax it back to my lawyer. I hope I did it right. Apparently I need to stop in sometime next week to pick up the transcript from the three hour deposition.

I picked up 6 cu ft of red lava rock on the way home yesterday to put around the decking where there is erosion. Brian and I started to inflate the solar sun rings we got for the pool. 4 down 6 to go. And I still need to get the chicken and eggplant parmesan into the crockpot. Should be a productive day.

CyndiM
03-15-2008, 09:14 AM
What a weird sloppy morning. At least it's warm enough that most of what's falling is slop and will turn into water quickly. Yuck!

I tried the pumpkin pie oatmeal custard for breakfast. Yummy! One of those things that tastes and feels really rich and almost like something you shouldn't eat :)

Cottage - I'm glad someone is getting nice weather. Enjoy the sunshine for me :)

Spirit - Same sort of day here. I'm making seitan (a vegetarian thing) and some kind of bean soup for the week. Sounds like you are getting a heck of a workout at work!

Jan & Nessa - :wave:

Cat - Is there a recipe for the cracked wheat salad or just whatever sounds good? I'm looking for salady things for summer (I know it will get here!)

Ruth - Here's hoping your snowbanks get smaller. I'm looking forward to seeing down the road when I pull out of my driveway but I bet yours are even higher! I just keep reminding myself that too fast melting leads to horrible mud and ruts. I still want warm weather though!

Loriann- :hug: Good luck. I'll be thinking of you.

Barb - I never thought of making eggplant parmesan in the crock pot. Does it work well?

Nothing exciting planned here. It's another weekend of cleaning the storage room (this will continue until it's too warm to get back there. Haven't cleaned it since we moved in!), cooking, and relaxing. I'd love to be out birding but the weather just isn't being cooperative. Soon enough my weekends will be spent chasing birds so I'll stock my freezer and clean my house now :)

JessieW
03-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Good morning ladies. Cottage, I think we are getting all of your rain. It's been super warm here but I guess the rain will cool it off some probably. It's a shame, because I love the warm. I am ready for Spring.

I have to go to supper club today--we are having brunch. I am still worrying about whether there will be anything I can eat! Not because I am watching what I eat--except for those not-allowed things like feta and lunchmeat--but because my food aversions are so strong and most everything has egg in it. Blecccch. There is a fruit salad but it has liquer...but if it is the only thing I can stomach, I might go for it. I am sure it's not a huge amount.

I was hoping we might get to take Chester to the dog park later but not in this weather. Guess it will be a staying-in kind of night. I will probably be exhausted after being out all afternoon anyway. This pregnancy stuff is just a whole new world for me!

FluffyK
03-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Cat - Like you, I have to figure out what to do about dinner tonight. We are going to my niece's BD party, and I know they'll have pizza. While I could just have one piece and move back onto SB tomorrow, I know the pizza will make me sick, so not worth it. My SIL would be a little upset if I brought something just for me to eat... so I have to figure out how to work it. I'll probably have to eat before I leave and then just eat veggies after.

I hate when melons are tasteless. What a waste.

Loriann - I hope your redecorating helps take your mind off the tough times. If you do paint your paneling, you're going to need to cover it with a really good primer first to texture it up so your paint sticks.

Nessa - sounds like a good day. Just try to think about the good stuff, not the down side. Back on track today?

Cyndi - what's in seitan?

Jessie - I am the same way. I can't have any preservatives/chemicals in my food or I feel blech. I'm usually limited to the veggie platter. :(

Remember I said I didn't eat that great yesterday? Well, my body is weird. I lost another pound doing that. It seems every time I lose a pound, it's when I go a little off the plan. At least now I'm not paranoid about it, it's probably because I'm not getting enough calories on a daily basis. It's just that my choices are so limited by my health, I can't go off-plan too much. This started as a weight-loss effort, but it's turned into a way of life because I'm finally ready to deal with my food sensitivies and feel better. I never thought to look for the agave nectar when I was in Wegmans yesterday! Ack!

Well, gotta get my kitchen cleaned...

CyndiM
03-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Cyndi - what's in seitan?

It's a dense protein made from wheat gluten. I make my own because I can spice it anyway I want. I'm thinking spicy sausage this time. It goes in anything you might put meat in. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)

I've managed to put off starting anything useful other than laundry. I really need to get to it! Our forecast has improved so I might actually be able to get outside for a walk today! :carrot:

Schmoodle
03-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Morning chicks!
DH and I were childless last night, since the kids stayed over at Grandma's after pizza, so we got ourselves up and to the Y and worked out in the gym together for a while. Then we hit the Pa Dutch market and had breakfast and did a little shopping before getting the kids. I've got yummy sirloin steaks, rutabagas and spinach for dinner. :D DH just took DS to horseback riding and DD and I are going to hang out for a while before going to work the Girl Scout cookie booth this afternoon. Then we'll hit the grocery store and hopefully we can have a nice, peaceful family movie night tonight.
No loss on the scale today, but whatever, I'm over it. I was pretty good last week and did great with exercise, so I'm happy. I'm pre-TOM (sorry Tom), so maybe next week will be better.

cottage, I had an omelet, and so did DH, but he also went for the fried potatoes and toast, bad boy. Good luck with the smorgasboard and finding some great bargains today! Shopping with men and kids is not good though. You and Nessa and I need to get together one of these days! I think my house may just about be in the middle. ;) Or we could do outlets. There's Arundel Mills near Nessa, Reading near you, and Hagerstown outlets near me. Then there's always Gettysburg too! wouldn't that be in the middle? Maybe Kara wouldn't mind making the drive, and let's see, who else is around here - jillybean, I know. We could make a big party!
Spirit, sounds like you used to live right where I am now!
jan, have a great shopping day!
Cat, enjoy Alabama!
Ruth, wish I could send you some of our sunshine! It's a little cool, but definitely feels like spring is on the way today. Dog snuggling and reading sound nice!
Loriann, so sad about your kitties. but sadder to see them suffer, I'm sure. :hug: My parents had a paneled family room in their 1970's era house, and they painted it white. It turned out allright. Not sure I would do it if it was very nice old real wood paneling though, but theirs was cheap faux-wood and veneer stuff.
Cyndi, yum! Is that a recipe from here? I haven't seen that one. I've got a big can of pumpkin I want to use up...
Have a fun brunch Jessie! Hee, I think you will be singing a different song when you are big as a house and wilting in the heat! Then you will wish for the cool weather again.
Hi Fluff, would your SIL be insulted if you brought a dish to share? If so, better to eat first probably.

Okay, going to go get some laundry going and plan some menus before we go out again, so I know what to shop for! Have a good one chicks!

CyndiM
03-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Cyndi, yum! Is that a recipe from here? I haven't seen that one. I've got a big can of pumpkin I want to use up...

Oops, I have a whole file of recipes to try and just assumed this one came from here. I just added it. If you're a pumpkin pie fan I recommend it!

:o Can you tell I'm still avoiding housework??!!

FluffyK
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Schmoodle - this isn't a "bring a dish to pass" kinda party, so I think she would be a little miffed. I never know how to read her, so it's best to err on the side of caution...

ladybugnessa
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Schmoodle Arunedal Mills is about 30-40 minutes from me... but that's no big deal.

SandStripedcj
03-15-2008, 12:45 PM
good morning everyone! i have been lurking a bit and havent had time to post. i am so sorry to hear about the kitties :hug: that is very sad.

hope everyone has an awesome sat ... back to studying for my technical certs for me!

FluffyK
03-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm supposed to be cleaning my kitchen, and instead I'm dawdling and puttering. I would much rather be sleeping, but I think I would sleep past the start of the party. I've lost enough that some of my clothes are starting to fit better, so I'm thinking of trying on the "too tight" jeans. Not sure if I will or not.. Well, I ought to go and turn on some music and hope it inspires me to get moving in the kitchen.

cottagebythesea
03-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Schmoodle, Gettysburg is an almost 2 hour drive for me! How about Bel Air? Would that be about 1/2 way for you?

Loriann, we painted the paneling in our basement, and it looks great! First we lightly sanded it, then put a coat of primer on it before painting it white. It was pretty easy, and we get lots of compliments on it. That's sad about your kitties, but I do think it was for the best. :hug:

For breakfast, I had some blueberry baked oatmeal w/SF maple syrup and a veggie omelet. But I also ate several pieces of bacon. Oh well, moving on - did I say I wasn't going to buy anything for myself at the outlets? I ended up with 6 cute tops, a pair of shorts, and a strapless bra. :D I got each of the younger grandkids several outfits for Easter, too. I'll take care of Caite when she gets back from France. Oh! I bought a new pair of sneakers, too. And would you believe I paid less than $200 for all that? :D
Everyone but me are having naps now. I'm thinking about what to make for supper, since Dustin and his family are coming over later so Amber can play with Carley. Maybe we'll just have pizza, less work for me.

Spiritmagejkt
03-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I threw out my "fat" clothes today. I don't have much left. Guess the first check's going towards some clothes. I hate to get too much because I think when I drop another 20 lbs I'll be in a different size than I am now. Still it feels sooooo good to get rid of that 4x stuff.

ladybugnessa
03-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I threw out my "fat" clothes today. I don't have much left. Guess the first check's going towards some clothes. I hate to get too much because I think when I drop another 20 lbs I'll be in a different size than I am now. Still it feels sooooo good to get rid of that 4x stuff.

oh Yay for you!

Spiritmagejkt
03-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Is that little zoo still open in Cecil county? We used to picnic there.

Schmoodle
03-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Well, maybe we can pull it together one day ladies. With so many of us in the same general area, it seems a shame to never meet. Of course I guess we could meet and decide we don't really like each other in person after all! That would bite big time! Bel Air is 90 miles, so maybe Nessa is in the middle!

I am so tired, what a busy day. And I did the stair stepper this morning at the gym and I'm really starting to feel it in my legs. Standing around for an hour at the cookie booth didn't help and then I had to grocery shop. I think I may try to work in a hot bath here soon. We're going to watch some dumb movie with Will Farrell, but I am looking forward to my weekly treat of 100 calorie bag of popcorn anyway. And it looks like I'll get a weekend off from the sleepover game.

Fluffy, that's too bad. All our family parties are bring-a-dish parties. None of us likes to have to do all the work!
Cyndi, post it when you get a minute, if you don't mind. It sounds good!
Spirit, hooray on the clothes NSV! Doesn't it feel great to get rid of that stuff!

Schmoodle
03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh, I see it Cyndi, thanks!

Barb0522
03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Cyndi - I've never tried this recipe before. I'll let you know how it works out. Basically, I peeled and sliced eggplant and put it in the crockpot and topped it with some chicken breast. I then dusted it with whole wheat bread crumbs and topped it with some Ragu pizza sauce. It called for sauting the chicken in all sorts of unhealthy stuff but I was lazy so I'm trying it this way.

I did have one bad thing happen today. Robert and his friend were packing his stuff into a truck. Actually I was carrying a lot of the heavy stuff since his friend has a bad back. Anyway, lunchtime came and I decided to just run out quick and grab something for us all. A 16 year old kid pulled out right in front of me and I clipped his bumper. The officer said I had the right of way so it may not end up costing me anything but I can't open my front door now and probably can't drive after dark since I'm not sure the light works. The auto body shop doesn't open until Monday so I'll have that to deal with. I'll probably have to pay the deductable and then the insurance will go after him. He didn't have an insurance card with him so we'll have to see if he is really insured.

Robert should be back soon with a different friend to load up more stuff. He's having to get another storage unit since he can't fit it all in a 10x10. There comes a point where I have to wonder if he couldn't afford a cheap apartment if he can afford two storage units but it isn't my problem.

ladybugnessa
03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
bel air is also about 30 minutes. seems like everything is.

my own south beach board is planning a spring meeting probably at patapsico state park here in baltimore... with our families....

FluffyK
03-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Spirit - Yay for you! I don't know what you have available by you, but I like to shop for the "interim" sizes at my local thrift shop. Clothes are cheap and there are plenty of choices. Lots of name brands, too.

Schmoodle - it was just a veggie and a fruit plate at the beginning, then chicken wings and pizza later. Ice cream cake for dessert. It's both sides of their family, and the "other" side doesn't do dish-to-pass stuff like this side does. Oh, well.

I had a shrimp stir fry before I left. I ate veggies while I was there. When the pizza and wings came, I had two wings. :( I really wanted the pizza, but that would have been major sickness. Then I had 3 bites of ice cream cake. I guess I did OK, though I had hoped to do better. I just got home. Jeez, why do you have kids' BD parties so late? I'm exhausted. I only have 1 of my 4 kids at home tonight, and he's my sleeper. I think I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow. That NEVER happens, and sleeping in is anything past 7AM.

ladybugnessa
03-16-2008, 06:45 AM
we are NOT discussing my food choices last night... just NOT

have a great sunday!

Spiritmagejkt
03-16-2008, 07:01 AM
There is more selection here than I had when I was living in Maine. I had to drive over an hour to a store that had anything. I don't want to get too much til I get into the regular XL size clothes. I don't know if I'll go down much more than an 18. Even when I was in high school and fairly thin I was in a much larger size because of my height. Walmart carries nice long pants and jeans and actually their clothes fit me pretty well.

It snowed a fair bit last night so we'll be digging this morning. ( its hubbys turn) It should be a nice quiet day today. I have a long stretch at work this week, but a 5 day break after. We're discussing summer plans. I want to go on some short trips. We also are getting a kayak for me. Hubby already has one. We have three national parks in easy driving distance plus the rest of Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island. I've only seen part of Cape Breton. Fitting into that cockpit of the Kayak without the seat digging my hips will definetly be a NSV.

cottagebythesea
03-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Happy Palm Sunday! :)

I'm getting so lazy, I slept in until 6:30 today. I was tired after all the shopping and making dinner for all the kids yesterday. It looks like it's going to be a rather quiet day around here today, though.

Nessa, !!!!! Enough said.

Spirit, kayaking sounds like fun, so peaceful and relaxing. I'd like that.

ladybugnessa
03-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Morning Cottage.... we will have to plan some shopping.

It's Palm Sunday? Really. wow. shame the weather won't be as nice as yesterday or the day before.....

thanks for understanding... i'm right back on the beach this morning. but every so often i do stupid stuff like last night....

cottagebythesea
03-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Morning Cottage.... we will have to plan some shopping

thanks for understanding... i'm right back on the beach this morning. but every so often i do stupid stuff like last night....

Nessa, yes, we'll definitely have to plan a "date"!
That's the nice thing about SBD, we canenjoy a cheat day once in a great while, but then get right back on plan again. If I knew I could never have a no-no, I don't think I could stay on it. ;)

femmecreole
03-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Good Morning and hope everyone has a great relaxing day!

We really enjoyed our "day trip" to Alabama yesterday. Fairhope is a great little town with so much to see and do. The arts festival went on for block after block and the stores in the town could have kept me busy for a week. One store was an "upscale" clothing consignment shop. Fairhope is a pretty "wealthy" area and the "used" clothes they had there were unreal. VERY expensive clothing for great prices. I ended up with 3 linen items...a pair of salmon capri pants, a precious hibiscus print skirt with glass beads sewn on and a great bright green blazer. I think I paid around 30 for all three pieces. At another store I got some amazing soap from France and we got some wonderful plants at a garden store that was great. We went to a seafood restaurant on Mobile Bay on the way home.

I was really happy I brought food with us. We stopped at a McDonald's for coffee on the way and everyone else got breakfast there. I was thrilled I had deviled eggs and turkey/flatout roll ups so I could eat. We left so early I had no time to eat at home. Later on, we were all starving and every restaurant in town was packed, so we snacked on the rest of the food I brought and that held us over a couple of hours till we could find somewhere out of town to eat.

All in all, a great day, but now of course I have work up the wazoo that will keep me busy today. Every time I take a day off, it seems that clients load me up for the following day.

ladybugnessa
03-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow Cat great deal on the clothes.... I look icky in salmon.... makes me look way too yellow but it's such a pretty color...

femmecreole
03-16-2008, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=CyndiM;2100892]
Cat - Is there a recipe for the cracked wheat salad or just whatever sounds good? I'm looking for salady things for summer (I know it will get here!)
QUOTE]

I really don't follow a recipe..but this is basically it:
put a couple of cups of cracked wheat in a bowl and cover it with water for a couple of hours. Then drain it very well. (I usually put it in a tea towel after I drain it and squeeze it more till it's very dry so the dressing "sticks" to it later)

I chop up, olives, red onion,celery,artichokes, hearts of palm,peppers (red, green,yellow), feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes. Then I mix up some herbed vinegarette dressing and stir it all together. You can really put in whatever you like. I also add raw zuchinni and squash sometimes If I have them on hand. Let it marinade a while before serving. It is wonderful, but don't "over do" it, or the cracked wheat will keep you in the bathroom counting tiles!

CyndiM
03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow, busy group for a Sunday morning! I tried to sleep in but the cats objected. There was crazed running around including gymnastics off the side of the bed. I knew giving them canned food in the morning would be a mistake!

Spirit - Getting a kayak this year is on my list too! I've never actually used one, though I had a canoe for years. I want to get to one of the parks and rent one to make sure I like it. I'm a little worried about my knees in and out but that seems like a minor inconvenience.

:wave: Cottage & Nessa

Cat: Thanks for the recipe. I figured it was that sort of thing but it's nice to have a framework to start with :) Sounds perfect for summer - just toss in whatever is in season. A few years ago I had this really good salad at Whole Foods made with french lentils and raw veggies. I'll have to dig out that recipe too. The problem is I often replicate things I've had but don't write down how, then when I want to try it the next summer..... Great finds yesterday! I do love a bargain ;)

Not sure what's on tap for today. I have the usual household list but think I need to get out of here for awhile! Maybe a little car birding now that some of the water is opening up. I'm going to pull out the little greenhouse my parents bought me and figure out where to put it and how soon I can use it. Guess that means I should draw my garden graphs for the year too. That sounds like fun :)

I've had a little weight weirdness the last few weeks. After two and a half weeks of plateau I started to lose again. That always happens to me but this time I just kept losing. I was a little concerned about that and knew it would end. On the other hand it was kind of nice to see 160 looking back from the scale. Well yesterday I bounced back up 2+ lbs and it held steady today. I know that's better but it's hard to let go of the little voice that wanted to keep that loss. I hope it's just a normal weight fluke but am scheduled to have my thyroid levels checked anyway (I'm on an every 6 month check). :crossed:

I hope some of you are seeing the sun today! If you do tell it I miss it!

FluffyK
03-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Good morning, everyone.

I DID IT!!! I made the 5 lbs for March goal! I am at 143 now - I haven't seen that number in half a year. My next goal is under 140. I haven't seen THAT in a good year or so. :woohoo:

Unfortunately, I'm going to be laying low today thanks to those couple of chicken wings and bit of ice cream cake. Those are two very big no-nos for me, and I thought by only having a little of them I'd be OK. Uh-uh... When I eat clean like I have been the last couple of weeks, the payment for when I eat things I'm not supposed to seems that much worse.

DS slept in all the way to 7:15. I was hoping to get to at least 8:00, but no luck. It's freezing here.... and snow is coming down. I am sad that I'm not in church for palm Sunday, but the way I feel right now - I'm only heading to my bed or chair.

I notice we haven't seen Kara in quite a while. Just as I predicted. Get a bit of manflesh in the mix and the girl just disappears... ;) ;) Hope everything is well.

Barb0522
03-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Morning, ladies! I was so tired last night and a bit sore from carrying so many boxes to the truck for Robert. He still has a lot of stuff here but I think he got everything moved that requires a truck. It felt so good to have clear areas that I could get to and clean. I got the windows and drapes in the bedroom washed and the floor vacuumed.

It felt nice to sleep in this morning. There is no Sunday school so that gives us some extra time before church. I still need to plan my meals for the week but I don't think I have much else that has to be done.

Ruthxxx
03-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Just back from Church. I finally made it! I didn't take Hershey as I usually do and several people were worried that she was sick. Sheesh!

Not sure what I'll do with the rest of my Sunday. The knee is a tad sore right now so I think a little reading with an ice pack may be on the schedule. I also have some beef to be made into four single meatloaves for my freezer stash. It's a nice and simple Phase II recipe that's always been a family favourite. I'm not sure if it's posted but will check.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Schmoodle
03-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I did sleep in this morning chicks, but only because I was waiting up for DS to come home last night and got interested in a movie and ended up watching movies until 4 AM. I'll definitely be regretting that decision later. Plus I got the munchies and ate some of those damn Girl Scout cookies. At least there's not a whole lot going on around here today. I was planning to scrub all the woodwork, but I'll bump that to another day...
Just a birthday party to get DD to and some laundry, and I think I'll try and do a little work to get a jump on the week.
Tried the belgian waffles this morning and they stuck like h*ll in my waffle maker, even after cooking spray. I think I'm down a lb this morning, but I don't really care at this point. I'll weigh again next Saturday and see. Right now I'm just crampy and cranky. Have a good one chicks.

FluffyK
03-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Schmoodle -mine stick but not if I spray. Maybe my waffle maker is newer and the non-stickiness on it is still intact?

cottagebythesea
03-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Schmoodle, I end up with a big mess everytime I attempt to make those Belgian waffles, but they still taste delicious. I always make sure to spray a good coating on the waffle grids, but it still sticks. Next time I just may make pancakes with the batter. ;)

Spiritmagejkt
03-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Cyndi its easier to handle than a canoe is. The trick is getting in and out of them. Theyre much more stable on rough water. Last year when we went to Cape Breton Island we rented a tandom. It took about an hour to figure out how the rudder was hooked up. Its backwards from the traditional. We went out on Bra d'Ore lake about an hour it got windy and rough ( 4 ft waves) we managed to get back without capsizing or swamping the boat. A canoe would have sunk. I like a more open cockpit because I don't like having my legs trapped. A lesson or two will be enough to learn how to get in and out.