Weight Loss Support - What made you happy today?

View Full Version : What made you happy today?

DaisyNicole
03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
I stole this idea from another forum i am on. Just list at least one thing that made you happy today! It doesn't even have to be weight related... i figured that this would be a nice thread to come to when we need a little something uplifting!

Today i saw two ducks taking a walk together. It made me so happy! They looked incredibly cute.

Also... in relation to fitness... i used today as my "maintenance" day... so having that brownie for dessert tonite made me happy!

jellydisney
03-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I went to the doctor and got a clean bill of health!

bethbeth
03-14-2008, 08:55 PM
As of today, I have lost 10% of my starting weight! :)

Beth

cephalopod gal
03-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I got a pilates DVD today.

Also I watched 101 Dalmatians. :D

savanahfloc
03-14-2008, 09:15 PM
I have been teaching Sunday school once a month for several months now. I love all the kids. They are 3-6 years old and most of them are 4+5. I usually have to remind them every month what my name is. But today at school (I go to a school that is pre-k thru 12) I was walking through the lunchroom to my next class and the preschoolers were eating their lunch. I was quickly flocked by children yelling my name and engulfing me in hugs. :hug: I was so tickled! Then as I continued my journey to my next class I walked through the gym where my 3rd grade cousin was having recess. She greeted me and I complimented her new hair cut. As I was doing this she wrapped her arms around me and said "Savanah, you're the greatest!":flow2:

trooworld
03-14-2008, 09:38 PM
This is a great idea for a thread!

Today, drinking enough water is making me happy. I've already drank 2.5 Liters of water and the day isn't up yet. I am also happy because I've eaten flawlessly today...I forgot to eat breakfast until 10 minutes before I had to leave for school and I didn't have time to stop at the market on campus and get a fruit cup, so I grabbed a cheese stick, 6 almonds and a mandarin orange and that filled me up until lunch. I am also happy because hubby is making dinner. :D

swtgila
03-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I am happy cuz I stayed OP today. It was a huge struggle!

Nancy CA
03-14-2008, 09:45 PM
My kids did my stretching routine with me today. Watching them roll around on the floor, trying to mimic my moves made me giggle and remember that life is good!

CrazedLedZepFan
03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
My baby daughter came up and sat on my stomach while I was exercising this morning and just smiled at me. Kind of a reminder of what's important.

Nikki_20216
03-14-2008, 10:42 PM
ROWING!
Sometimes it makes me mad. Sometimes I'm okay with it. But today it was REALLY good. And I get to race tomorrow, so I'm excite. :)

scrappinRN
03-14-2008, 10:44 PM
.... I got to feel the sun on my face and I felt spring in the air:cloud9::yay:

4mykids3
03-14-2008, 11:14 PM
The weather here made me happy today. It was warmer almost 50 degrees and the sun was out. There is nothing better then a day like that watching the snow melt and smelly spring in the air. I hope we get a few more days like that soon.;)

Lovely
03-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Getting on the treadmill & really working it for 45 minutes made me happy!

gailr42
03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
The seeds I planted a few days ago are already coming up!

FrouFrou
03-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Talking to my son today, and exercise!

Apple Cheeks
03-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Well, I recently "discovered" a new powdered drink from Disney (!) to add to my bottled water. It comes in grape flavor, is sugar-free, only 5 calories, and tastes like Kool-Aid. I love it!

Drinking it made me happy because the taste brought me back to my childhood. :D

DaisyNicole
03-15-2008, 04:33 PM
At work we rotate our Saturday shifts so i work with people that i haven't seen in about a month. Today some of the girls were commenting on my weight loss... which i hadn't even told them i was trying to lose weight since i hadn't talked to them in awhile! Yay for a NSV!!! Happy happy happy!

Then after work i hit the gym and had a really good energizing workout!

trooworld
03-15-2008, 04:52 PM
It's only 12:50pm but I'm already having a good day. Started out the day by going to an OA meeting and then went walking in this wilderness area/park. It was beautiful and there were people rock climbing and it was nice being outdoors. It made me happy!

shelbysmom
03-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I got up at 6:30 this morning miserable for some reason,but a couple hours later DH got up with DS and DS was just smiling all over himself and that made me happy!!

FakeFrowns
03-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I found an advert in the paper for a weekend job as a groom at a local livery and i rang today and i'm going to have a look round tomorow! I'm really excited as i'd be out in the fresh air and around horses!

horsey
03-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm trying to do a daily gratitude journal, at the end of the day making note of 3-5 things that I''m happy about and grateful for rather then whining about my life. Today I'm happy about my boy, who's almost 4 years old, he's so cute, happy, enjoyable and good natured. I'm blessed. I'm also happy that I lost some weight, I feel better and will continue on this journey - the journey is making me happy.

KateRN
03-15-2008, 08:31 PM
i have the flu and my boyfriend getting me a cool cloth and putting it on my forehead, then freshening it while i was asleep made me happy!
more and more i'm thinking he is the one!

JimmieLynn
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Being able to get out of bed today made me happy...i've been having a rough time lately.

Today is a good day! :)

Nancy CA
03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I went to a kids birthday party today where the only things to eat were a veggie tray (with dip) pizza and cake. I loaded my plate with veggies (sans dip), ate one slice of pizza and skipped the cake. I was very proud of my self control. I have to tell you though, the cake smelled heavenly!

nakedmango
03-15-2008, 10:28 PM
The sight of my older cat sleeping with her paw over her face--so cute! That made me happy.

Eating an uber-healthy sandwich made with sprouts that I sprouted in my kitchen (so fun, btw) was my food-related happiness for today.

And my workout-related happiness: my best run ever on the treadmill this morning. :D Though it may have post-workout glow and not actual happiness. :dizzy:

skinny4me
03-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Hearing my 16 month old son say mama makes me happy. He usually says dada since he doesnt see him as much and I am home with him all day everyday. So today he said mama when he needed something and it made my heart melt.

JasonsLea
03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
My mama finally was able to see the apartment I want! And she liked it! We saw about four apartments today and she liked the one I fell in love with the best.

kittycat40
03-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I stayed somewhat OP today after an indulgent night out. This is usually a set up to take a dive the next day.

betty grrl
03-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Today we went to the monthly Pug (party) meet-up! It was so fun watching all the pugs running and snorting!!! It's such a good time!!!

Hat Trick
03-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Doing absolutely, positively nothing! :D

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 03:35 AM
I won a very rare book online, NEW condition for half the price!

kwoodslim
03-17-2008, 03:48 AM
someone at work complimented by weight loss today completely out of the blue. i couldnt help but smile

DaisyNicole
03-17-2008, 07:59 AM
yesterday i held my newborn niece!

i also taught my 4 year old nieces how to do cartwheels! (i was a gymnast in my early years, so passing on the knowledge makes me sooo excited)

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Daisy ~ Congratulations!

I'm this close to winning a brand new digital camera for about $30 less than in the stores. WOOT Ebay!

Heffalump
03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Today I'm happy because I woke up and was calm and rested and ready to face the day.

I'm happy because I can see the blue sky from my office window, and once I'm finished with my task I'll go out and enjoy it.

I'm happy that I have a big new project in line that will keep me busy for the next few weeks.

And I'm happy that staying on track feels so easy and right at the moment.

:)

Pachyderm
03-17-2008, 12:51 PM
This morning I saw both of my dogs walking along side by side, bottoms waggling in unison. It was very cute and made me happy.

I also just gave a friend a lift home from work because she is feeling unwell and would have had a 3 mile walk otherwise. On a purely selfish note that also made me feel good!

beautybooty
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
it's silly but, i actually did a pretty nice job while putting on my make-up, haha. also, i didn't have a quiz in my religion class, that always makes me happy.

nylisa
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
I almost slept through my workout, but I kicked my butt out the door & got in a good workout with 45 minutes on the arc climber, abs on the balance ball, some more abs with sideways twisting with a medicine ball & stretching. Went from "I don't wanna!" :mad: to "I'm really glad I did!" :carrot:

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
I won the digital camera AND a generic Ipod! WOOOT! Now, I just need to find my swimsuit so I can go to water aerobics and my day will be complete....

Kery
03-17-2008, 03:23 PM
I registered for the IUFM (French institute to become a teacher). Yes, I know, I must be the only person whom is made happy by the prospect of more classes and work from September 2008, but that's what I want to do, and what I resumed studying for, so of course I'm glad. :)

JasonsLea
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh yeah, I found two pairs of comfortable, pretty exercise pants at Walmart for $3! I couldn't find the pair I always used to wear in Alabama and the only other ones I have are too tight around the stomach so I don't like to wear them. YAY!

Sweetcaroline
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I heard a daddy cardinal singing for his wife... lol
what a beautiful song they have...
Thank you for this new thread, its a great idea.

HarpoChicoGroucho
03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I finished my parent's taxes this morning (and got paid $50 for doing them :))
My mom came into town to pick the taxes up and we went shopping all day and then went out for an early dinner
I got killer deals on 5 pairs of shoes (less than $150 for all of them)
I got something for bf and nephew for their birthdays
I got an awesome new pair of sunglasses that I'm madly in love with but couldn't wear today because it was raining ALL DAY :lol: