Exercise! - HMPH..... I can jog! Who knew?

View Full Version : HMPH..... I can jog! Who knew?

pipernoswiper
03-14-2008, 11:13 AM
:D how bout that 2 months ago i couldnt walk a mile. now i can easily get 2 miles and i can even jog a little, i mean only a couple of minutes at a time, but wow that is monumental for me!

whispering.............dont tell anyone but i think i love my treadmill:o

RealCdn
03-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Yes, so do I. :)

I'm always amazed that we're capable of much more than we think. Congrats and have fun with your new friend.

SCraver
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM
That is awesome! I love my treadmill, too... it is always - right there - rain or shine - easy to hop off of if I get too tired...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling - discovering what your body is capable of - inmproving on it. Congrats!

:cheer2:

TigerSoup
03-14-2008, 01:42 PM

Me too! Just like you, I love how the treadmill really gives you that sense of achievement. On the elliptical, I feel like I can't translate my workout into a meaningful thing, but on a treadmill I can say "Oh wow, I just jogged farther than I have before!" or "Oh wow, I just ran a mile faster than ever before"! Especially because I remember dreading the mile-long runs SOO much as a kid in elementary and middle school (I never did sports or exercise as a kid besides gym class once a week), and it was always so embarrassing to be among the last kids to finish. I think for a lot of people jogging/running becomes the gold standard of fitness as a result of those stupid school runs.

Great job with your progress! Keep going at it and you'll be amazed at how much more you'll be able to do!

Hat Trick
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Ooooo, ME TOO!! I was the same way, started off walking and could only jog for maybe 15-20 secs at the start. But I stuck w/it and now do intervals and can run comfortably for lengths of time. I know some folks find the TM boring, but I love putting on my pod and the perfect songs come on and just running blissfully . . . to nowhere. :lol: Hard to figure that 20 secs here and 30 secs there of jogging eventually translates into full-fledged running! :D Congrats on your wonderful accomplishments and keep up the good work!!

sylvia78
03-15-2008, 02:42 PM
You are awesome. Keep up the good work.

StillTryin
03-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Piper, I have just discovered the SAME THING....it is GREAT!!! Congrats!

rockstar87
03-16-2008, 09:39 PM
That's fantastic. I find that running is great because it's really easy to compete with yourself. Each time you can try and runner a little longer or a little faster or take a little shorter walking break. It's great to challenge yourself and you get such a feeling of accomplishment.

Congratulations! It sounds like you've done awesome!