Weight Loss Support - I cried at the mall today.

View Full Version : I cried at the mall today.

midwife
03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
The past several weeks I have noticed my pants sagging more than most teenage boys'. I've been putting off shopping for a couple of reasons...mostly lack of time, but I also just don't enjoy shopping.

I have spent too many shopping experiences scowling and tearing up at the sight of my body squeezed awkwardly into ill-fitting over-priced clothes in various dressing rooms.

But my wardrobe could get me cited for public exposure, so off I trotted to the mall today, hiking up my size 16 capris. I just grabbed different sizes off the racks to see what would fit.

When I zipped up a size 10 skirt that fit me like a glove, I cried. My body has changed so much...not just from weight loss, but weight-training and HIIT and running. I have a waist. My belly is flat(ter!) and my legs are longer and slimmer looking.

And I ain't done yet.

Not a single cheeseburger, french fry, or binge of any kind will ever be better than how I felt in that dressing room.

When people say "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", believe it.

My body is responding to my work. If I can do it, ANYone can do it. That I promise. There is nothing magical about the process, but there is magic in the result.

:carrot:

junebug41
03-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Midwife that's AWESOME! That has to be one of the BEST feelings in the world! Nothin' like a woman breaking down in a fitting room out of joy!
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mayson
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
What a great post! First, Congrats on your success. That must have been an amazing feeling to see all that work paid off. Second, what an inspirating and motivating post this is!:)

shantroy
03-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Way to go! Thanks for reminding us why we're doing this.

PS I love "happy" tears

Meg
03-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Now I have tears in my eyes. :hug:

You're so, so right! The momentary taste of junk food is nothing compared to the joy and inner strength of accomplishment ... of having a body that works ... and crying from happiness in dressing rooms because, instead of nothing looking good -- everything looks good and it's too hard to choose! Who would have thought?? :dizzy:

And you're also right that anyone here can do it too. There's nothing special about you, me, or any of our other losers and maintainers. We're just ordinary people who make the choices every day to be healthy and fit.

I'm so happy for you, Midwife! I know you'll always cherish the memory of how you feel today. :hug:

LittleMoonRabbit
03-13-2008, 04:03 PM
congrats!!!!!!! You must be so proud. It's awesome watching the changes in our body, isn't it??? We love you! Congrats again on your success and your happiness!!!

See Spot Shrink
03-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Yay! :carrot:

Cool story. :cool:

bnorah
03-13-2008, 04:16 PM
So wonderful!!! I love happy news. Reminds me of when I was trying to find an outfit for my college graduation. For my High School, I had to buy a size 16-18 skirt, but when I was able to fit into a 14 for college, I was tickled! I can only imagine how you must have felt getting into a size 10. Congratulations!

hardatwork
03-13-2008, 04:32 PM
This is great inspiration! I'm so happy for you.

SoulBliss
03-13-2008, 04:34 PM
:woohoo:

:cp: I am so happy for you. You deserve that elated feeling today and EVERY day!!! :carrot:

elisarae
03-13-2008, 04:35 PM
The past several weeks I have noticed my pants sagging more than most teenage boys'. I've been putting off shopping for a couple of reasons...mostly lack of time, but I also just don't enjoy shopping.

I have spent too many shopping experiences scowling and tearing up at the sight of my body squeezed awkwardly into ill-fitting over-priced clothes in various dressing rooms.

But my wardrobe could get me cited for public exposure, so off I trotted to the mall today, hiking up my size 16 capris. I just grabbed different sizes off the racks to see what would fit.

When I zipped up a size 10 skirt that fit me like a glove, I cried. My body has changed so much...not just from weight loss, but weight-training and HIIT and running. I have a waist. My belly is flat(ter!) and my legs are longer and slimmer looking.

And I ain't done yet.

Not a single cheeseburger, french fry, or binge of any kind will ever be better than how I felt in that dressing room.

When people say "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", believe it.

My body is responding to my work. If I can do it, ANYone can do it. That I promise. There is nothing magical about the process, but there is magic in the result.

Awwwwwwwww, congratulations!! You go girl! And that is right Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!

scoobie74
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
:hug:
Way to go!!!

Nancy CA
03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Congratulations to you! I have tears in my eyes too. I can imagine how good that felt and you've made me determined to discover it for myself!

nelie
03-13-2008, 04:42 PM
midwife - I got worried when I saw the title of the thread but then I saw it was you posting and I knew it had to be tears of joy :) You have done awesome.

ElayneRae
03-13-2008, 04:49 PM
OMG, that has to be an amazing feeling. I am so happy for you.
You earned it !!!!

fiberlover
03-13-2008, 04:50 PM
What a great story!!

cephalopod gal
03-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh man your title was a total SIKE!!!! moment. Ahh! Haha :)

Congratulations!! That is super fantastic. :D

scrappinRN
03-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Great job ! I can hardly wait.:D

seranab
03-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow...
your post made me feel absolutely over joyed. I truly lived the moment as you described it. WOW... first and foremost what a GREAT JOB you're doing! Fantastic... you must be so proud. I know I'm proud of you.
You must be literally ready to jump over the moon with happiness. Wow. You're an inspiration.. Keep going!!

BattleAx
03-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Midwife, congratulations on seeing the results of all your hard work. What an amazing post.

midwife
03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks you guys, each and every one of you. 3FC is such an amazing community and I know that I could not be doing this without the knowledge, support, and inspiration I get from here every day.

Hugs and high fives to each of you!!!!!

Gela
03-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for sharing midwife :hug: It's stories like yours that keep me going every day.

Tomato
03-13-2008, 06:22 PM
You are one big loser, Midwife.
Congrats!!!! :D

tamaralynn
03-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh wow!! I would have cried too! Great job!

Hat Trick
03-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Two thumbs up for being such a loser! :D Man o man, what a feeling, huh? Conga-rats to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :carrot:

chunkydunkin
03-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your success. I was feeling kind of hungry, and needing some motivation! I'm so glad I read your post. I want to enjoy that same feeling you had!
e

MommyonaMission
03-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Okay...I never post...I have no profile. I am totally a voyeur, getting inspiration from others. BUT, I, too, teared up when I read this. I am proud of you, a complete stranger, but also anticipating the day when I get this feeling. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

shelby897
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you for your positive story -- I too was concerned with the title -- but you must be loved, because we all came to make sure you were okay!!! :hug:

Great job -- you should be very proud!!

trooworld
03-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow! Your post is so inspirational to me, thanks for sharing and congratulations!!!

NoVaVTFan
03-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Yay midwife!! I'm so happy for you. It is a great feeling to fit into a smaller size, isn't it? I started at a size 18, and I was so happy when I got down to a 12. I couldn't wait to get into a single digit - I couldn't remember ever being in a single digit pant since middle school. That first time I got into an 8 a month ago, I couldn't believe it - and the 6 I bought a week ago is even better! I'm so proud of you, and thank you for sharing!

srmb60
03-13-2008, 07:25 PM
:hug:

audreymonroe
03-13-2008, 07:31 PM
WAY TO GO!!! I've gone from a 16 to a 14, and I'm dying to be a 10!!! Nothin' better than happy tears!!!

maryea
03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
So happy for you!! I hate to shop too as I have so much trouble finding something to fit me. But I know how it feels when you lose and can find things fit for a change!! It's a wonderful feeling!! And I can't wait to feel it again and this time it's for good....I never ever want gain weight again. You are an inspiration!

PaulaM
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought this was going to be a sad story, but it's not! Congratulations, you did so good!

Lovely
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Yay!!!!! Happy tears are the best kind!

gailr42
03-13-2008, 08:58 PM
W00t!!!!!!

Lekhika
03-13-2008, 09:00 PM
What an inspiring post! How awesome for you!

PhotoChick
03-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Rock on!

I bought 3 pairs of size 12 slacks at The Limited the other day. This time last year I couldn't have fit my one leg into anything The Limited carried (size 22).

It's a great feeling, isn't it???

>

horsey
03-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I sort of felt like this a few weeks ago, I went to Ross, tried on a fitted shirt and looked in the mirror... wow, is that ME? I refused to shop for a long time since I regained some weight, MOST in my fat stomach so I couldn't wear any shirts except xl and loose. This is a geographic bright blue shirt, it's cute as can be and it FITS! Now I need to stay away from stores and ebay and internet sites as much as possible as I'm on a money diet too, shopping was my hobby and it's not going to be for a long time. My clothes are getting lose so I bought a few size 10 jeans, a few new shirts and THAT'S ALL for now.

jtammy
03-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Size 10!!!! Wow, I'm so happy for you midwife! Congratulations, what a wonderful feeling that must have been.

aerotigergirl
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Seriously, Midwife! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I'll bet you're positively GLOWING today! You deserve it so much!

havoc
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
What a great story, midwife! Congratulations - you've put in so much work!

And I'm one that hates shopping, too. I used to love it, but I detest it now. Of course, I was in a size 10 back then when I loved shopping and an 18 now. Why don't you give recreational shopping another try. I have a feeling you'll begin to love it!

rockinrobin
03-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I am late to this celebration. But hey, better late then never. :)

Midwife, I can't tell you how unbelievably happy I am for you!!!! Thanks for the reminder - you are soooo right - "Nothing, absolutely NOTHING tastes as good as being thin feels".

Congratulations on a job well done and keep up the amazing work.

Jadeybaby
03-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Midwife I am SO pleased for you!

A few weeks ago me and my friend went shopping and I tried on some UK size 12 jeans (I kind of jumped from a 16 to a 12 :lol:) and almost burst into tears when they fit and I was so happy that my friend almost started crying too! So, I know how you're feeling right now!

midwife
03-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much, all! I do feel loved. :-) It's fun to celebrate with people who understand.

Keep on trucking, everyone!

Mel
03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Midwife, I'm late to the celebration party :bravo:

I was so worried when I saw the thread title, but now I'm smiling ear-to-ear for you.

Hold tight to how yesterday felt- remember that feeling and you'll stay the course.

Here's to many more happy sopping trips! :hug:

Mel

JimmieLynn
03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Great Job! :)

sweetnsassyfied
03-16-2008, 01:07 AM
:congrat::cheer::woo:

I think you may of penned the next great tag line/ quote!! ;)

There is nothing magical about the process, but there is magic in the result.

I am so happy for you!!

EZMONEY
03-16-2008, 09:38 AM
HEY MIDWIFE :coach:"PULL UP YOUR PANTS!" ~ ;)..:hug:

MrsEnigma
03-16-2008, 10:33 AM
What an amazing moment for you, midwife. Congrats!!

Can't wait to experience that myself. :)