South Beach Diet - Thursday On The Beach

View Full Version : Thursday On The Beach

cottagebythesea
03-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Good Morning!

A lovely spring-like day is in the forecast for us here in the Phila. area. :) First, though, I'm taking my car in for servicing and to see if I need new brakes. At least I can go next door to Cracker Barrel and have breakfast while they're working on it. :) I may go to Macy's afterwards for a bra-fitting if I have any money left after that. The rest of the day is up in the air.

How's your day shaping up?

Spiritmagejkt
03-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Morning beachies. Well my first week is busy but going well. I'm doing my first night shift tonight. I have to get some more scrubs I absolutely float in my old ones. Scale says I lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks. I broke 240. Made my St. Paddy's day goal already. I'm kinda suprised I lost. High stress situations usually result in weight gain with me and I thought I would probably stall a bit.

Work is definetly going to help. Its hard to get enough to eat on work days and I'm walking all the time. It will be hard not to binge on days off. Much more temptation too. Pizza lasagna stuff like that is hard not to pass up.

Spiritmagejkt
03-13-2008, 07:52 AM
cottage we had about 4 inches of snow last night. Roads were a little greasy coming home.

Ruthxxx
03-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Good morning! I am being a doggy nanny today as the Pypers just dropped off my grand dog Bailey for the day. She and Hershey are great pals - after Hersh lets her know that her food dish is off limits.

Cottage, I hope the brake job is quick and not too costly. What's your plan for the rest of your "mini-sabbatical"?

Spirit, congrats on the baggy scrubs. Working nights is my DD's favourite shift - she's an RN too. I guess handling food on days off will require extra planning and determination. Good for you making your goal already for this month!

Today will be an "at home" day again. I plan to make some lentil soup and a lamb and rice pilaf from a 1960's recipe. I hope it's as good now as I remember it! The sunrise is looking good so I may get outside to shovel a wee bit. When the Pypers come back this evening they want to fill up my wood box and it's impossible to even find the wood pile out there right now.

Have a Thuper-Duper Thurthday!

cottagebythesea
03-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Spirit, congratulations on your loss and your amazing willpower! I think that would be really challenging, having all that tempting food around.

Ruth, have fun being a doggy nanny today! :) It sounds like a pooch playdate. ;) I hope those two don't get into any trouble together. I don't really have any special plans for my mini-vacation, other than some shopping therapy and taking my mother out for a day. I'm not used to having any free time to myself, and now I don't know what to do with it!

CyndiM
03-13-2008, 08:23 AM
:coffee: good morning chicks

It's turned into a loooong week here. Lots to do at work and days that stretch beyond their normal limits. I try hard not to do much of that sort of thing but some weeks just end up that way. I was going to work at home tomorrow but think I will mostly take it off because I've already done my time this week. That will be nice. I'm going to start making garden plans!

Cottage - Enjoy your break and the warming weather :)

Spirit - Congratulations on the scrubs!

Ruth - A doggy play date sounds like a nice way to spend the day. How's the knee coming along?

Kara - we know you're out there somewhere! Getting much rest??

Have a good day all!

KO
03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Morning Ladies!
I've been up since 2 writing. I'll be reaching for another :coffee: soon if i intend to stay up.
Cottage MMMM crackerbarrel! I didn't know they did fittings at Macys!! good to know
Spirit!! Congrats and Hi :D
Ruth Sounds like a full house today.
I've been having a 1/3 life crisis for a while and had a baaad anxiety attack last night. . .we're talking curled up on the bathroom floor thinking I'm dying
A fun wednesday all around!
So while I'm not abandoning eating healthy I'm taking the stress off of adhereing to a plan b/c I have a bunch of things to get under control. and I noticed the harder I tried to control eating the more I swung out of control!
Insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results
so I make good choices in general I'm not goign to get wacko

That being said I made a Killer Ph 1 quiche this AM! :cheer:
Back to the grind!
Kier

GONNABE165
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM
We are a day closer to the weekend! I was up and on the treadmil at 5:15 again this morning - even thought tey are shortburstthey pack alot of energy for my day. It's suppose to be in the mid 70's here today but it's cold right now in the 40's.

Cottage it sounds like you have a nice day planned for yourself

Spirit way to go on that NSV (scrubs) Good luck with your job

Ruth doggy play day that sounds to cute

This evening I will venture out to find an Easter dress and may be a new suit/dress for church other than that it's work as usual

KO
03-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Cyndi Garden plans sounds fun!! I have some pots that I want to plant stuff in Keep us posted

Ruthxxx
03-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Well since you asked about the damned knee.....
I have been trying to downplay it lately as I think I've done my share of whining for 2008. It still gives me grief from time to time but is doing OK according to my doc. :shrug: He did a lot more work than usual which means a longer healing time. I can now sleep through most of the night without taking additional pain-killers and daytimes are pretty good. Of course, if I did my exercises more regularly, things would be better but it's hard to push through exercises that hurt! I am so immature!
I'll shaddup now!

Schmoodle
03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Morning chicks, just a quickie as I'm waiting for DS to get out of the shower so I can have a turn. We've got Moms & Muffins at school today, so we've got to get moving earlier than usual. Of course, I will not be partaking in the muffins or the nasty jarred fruit salad, just coffee for me thanks, and I'll have my oatmeal when I get home.

cottage, hope you find a good bra and they don't take you for too much on the car! Today is your first day off, right?
Spirit, sounds like you will be walking those pounds away at work!
Cyndi, hope you can have a nice day off tomorrow!
Ruth, there is a whining limit on here? Uh-oh, I didn't know! I'm sure I've gone over my limit for the year already!
Kier, what is going on with you, what things do you need to get under control (if you feel like telling, of course)? Can we help? Hope you don't plan to stop posting!
kara, why don't you let go of Tom's arm for a minute and come say "hi!"?

Have a good one chicks, I'm off to shower and go smell muffins.

femmecreole
03-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Morning all...running a bit late this morning, so no time for personals but wishing everyone a great day:hug:

Got up at 3 to help my daughter get ready to leave here at 5. Her flight is taking off in a few minutes. I hate it and we both boo-hooed cause we didn't get to spend as much time together as we had hoped. We DID get in a little mini shopping trip yesterday afternoon that was a lot of fun and we got to go to an oyster house and load up our tummies. When she left this morning, I popped in a callenetics dvd and relaxed away my "boo-hooidness". I got some new make up and shoes yesterday, so that helped with getting ready for work today too. The house is just way too quiet. Back to "normal" this afternoon with just 2 (or 3) of us to cook for.

KO
03-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Cat your day with your daughter sounds great new makeup and shoes rock! :hug: for you I'm having Mom withdrawal.
Schmoo I'm not going anywhere I just don't want the pressure of having to follow any one plan
I have a lot of projects going on my disabilities probably going to end soon and $ is tight stress is high Its a lot right now. I wish I could grab the Earth and stop it for a bit!

tomandkara
03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Well, aren't we all up and at 'em this morning?!

Linda, good luck with your car! Hope you enjoy your Cracker Barrel breakfast!

Jen, make yourself a meal plan for those days off! Write it down and post it somewhere prominent. You can do this!!!

Ruth, have fun with the pups today!

Hi Cyndi! I'm here! I do hope you post your garden plans. I'm a bit of a gardening novice, but I desperately want to get something going this year, although I realize it will be limited since we won't be in a house until late May. But I need advice from all of you experts!

Oh, Kierie! :hug: Take care of yourself! I've found that when my life is in order, eating is in order. You have to handle the highest stress things first and the rest will fall in place.

Oooo, Gonna, a new Easter dress! I need to find something to wear for the special day, too! I had bought a new skirt, but unless it breaks out of the 40s here, I'm going to have to go through the winter clearance stuff for a new outfit!

Schmoodle, isn't it great when you can stand and look at that table of pastries and muffins and honestly say, "It's just not worth it!" You rock!

Cat, I'm glad you had a nice time with your daughter. I'm sure that any amount of time wouldn't have been "enough". :hug: Hope you get to see her soon again!

I'm off for a run. Just wanted to check in while I drank my water. Today is going to be pretty calm. Tom's taking Connor to violin, so I get to stay back with the girls while they nap. That'll give me time to plan what I need to get done in the next few days for the party on Saturday and Palm Sunday dinner at my grandparents'. It'll be a baking-filled weekend for me!

All right , I'd better get out the door or I'll never go.

Kara

GONNABE165
03-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Kier I was the same way with the control issue - mine was for both food & exercise. I have a new attitude now if I do I do if I don't I don't and the scale has finally started to move again. Good luck!

Ruth :hug: my thoughts & prayers continue to be with you for that knee

Schmoodle that is too cute "moms & muffins" Enjoy your day at school

Cat u poor thing :hug: She will return again and yall will be able to have reatil therapy just like you did yesturday

Morning Kara Enjoy your day

Pacergal29
03-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Morining Ladies! I think the nice weather is pulling me out of the funk I have been in the last week or so! Actually was able to get out and walk lastnight which proved to be fun since we took the "puppy" on his first adventure! I think he walked DD vs. her walking him but he will get the hang of it or she will learn to run!

Cottage enjoy your day!

Spirit glad to hear things are going well at the new job, I always enjoyed working nights when I was nursing, its so much calmer!

Ruth be careful out there if you goto shoveling! We don't mind your whining one bit, you always listen to us!

Cyndi I know what you mean about long days, there are some that just don't seem to end!

KO :hug: to you!

Gonna thanks for the reminder that easter is yet another reason to buy new clothes! :devil: Oh hope someone doesn't take that wrong!

Schmoodle Muffins, oh they sounds to good to resist! Good for you!

Cat :wave:

Kara hope your run was good and you enjoy your day! I know I am late with this but glad Tom made it home safe, enjoy!

Alright time to kick it in gear! Have a great day!

tkglenn
03-13-2008, 10:16 AM
good morning everyone. Not much here. gotta take DD to her post op doctors visit this morning. DS was sick in the beginning of the week and gave it to DS2 who has asthma and is now coughing his brains out and so does DS3. He is coughing like crazy and he's only 7 months old. So breathing treatments are going around the house this week. I hate it when they get like this. I have a busy filled day today. DD birthday is today. WOOHOO she is 2. Gotta get started on her cake, gotta go to my cake supply store to some things, gotta get started on my best friends cake, gotta go to walmart, gotta go grocery shopping, DD dr appt today, and the boys get out of school early today plus I have to pick up my husbands cousin from school and take him home. My goodness, no sleep for the weary let me tell you. Then gotta plan dinner for tonight and DH lunch for tomorrow. My goodness. Maybe I'll just do my friends cake on Sunday and take it to her on Monday. I wanted to take it to her tomorrow because her birthday is Sunday and she lives too far for me to drive it over to her when she works only 10 minutes away from where I live. Plus, I'm trying to get my business going and if I take it to where she works, people will see the work I do. I have decided I will make a "purse" cake for her. Well, hope all is well with everyone else.

tkglenn
03-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Kara-glad to hear your hubby made it ok. I know what it's like to not see your hubby for so long and finally see each other again. Heehee. Have fun!!!

FluffyK
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Cottage - do they make you pay for a bra-fitting, or are you getting the fitting and buying bras? I hate bras, they never fit me. I'm big busted, but short. They either are too long in the strap or the cups are too spread out and they get in the way of my arms moving freely. Add to that, one side is nearly a size larger than the other. Which to fit??? :lol:

Spirit - great job on the NSV with the scrubs! I can't wait to have to pull out my previous sized clothes.

KO - I relaxed my food control as well. Now I just stock my fridge with foods that are SB-friendly and we ALL eat that way. I don't really follow the meals, I just make choices out of my fridge that are compatible. It works a lot better!

Garden? What garden? Mine is still under a foot of snow!

Cat - you're a strong woman, working off your boohooiness that way. I might've tried to work it off of my plate! :lol:

Kara - you can easily do container gardening. And hanging veggies from a bag - peppers and tomatoes work well. Just make sure you have a good base like a 5 gallon bucket for your tomatoes. I've even seen zucchini in a big bucket! Cukes work great caged, too. What else you wanna grow? It'll work! My spinach and lettuce gets grown in a container on my porch so our bunnies and deer don't eat me blind.

Just a day at home cleaning today. Feeling punky still, thanks to that pumpkin bread yesterday (yeah, I know - I asked for it!) Back on track again today, though. Didn't weigh in... was afraid to! I'll hop on tomorrow. I REALLY have to start exercising regularly soon.

KO
03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
TK Take pics of the purse cake!!!

FluffyK
03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
OK, I JSUT got this in my inbox. I thought it was cute!

PASTA DIET -- IT REALLY WORKS !!

1.. You walk pasta da bakery.

2.. You walka pasta da candy store.

3.. You walka pasta da Ice Cream shop.

4.. You walka pasta da table and fridge.You will lose weight!

Schmoodle
03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi chicks, yes, I resisted the muffins. I wasn't even tempted, oddly enough. Maybe because I had a plan and knew my delicious steel cut oatmeal with dried cherries, walnuts, and agave nectar was waiting for me at home. I sat with a friend and sipped coffee and chatted. It didn't occur to me until later, she took a muffin because she said she wanted just a bite and her son didn't want to share, and she did just eat one bite of it. I hope she didn't do that on my account. It wouldn't have bothered me a bit if she ate it. I don't want people to think they have to be "careful" around me!

They do Dads & Donuts too and it used to make me sad that the dads got the good stuff and the moms got muffins, but now I'm glad. Don't know that I could have been so resolute in the face of a donut - I haven't had one since July! Thank goodness for alliteration!

That's cute fluffy! Maybe I should cross stitch it and hang it in the kitchen!
tk, you will probably get lots of business that way. I had a friend who did really nice cakes, not as a business but for friends and family. She always used to do my daughter's birthday cakes, and everyone at the party would want her to make them one too!

Okay, so DH just announced he will be cooking dinner tonight. That means I get the night off, but have to eat what he makes. He wants to do spaghetti and meatballs which means he is having a pasta craving. I'll just make veggies and have some meatballs with it. The kids will be happy.
Otherwise, this should be a quiet day and hopefully I will get a lot done, then relax and watch Survivor tonight. Still trying to figure out how I feel about this season, but happy that Joel's gone!

ladybugnessa
03-13-2008, 10:35 AM
how will i ever keep up with this thread and the Beck thread too.

problem is you guys are my heart.... been here for a long long time...

Schmoodle
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
We have missed you Nessa! We need you more than they do!

little chick
03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Good morning you chatty bunch of chiks. This of course is another quickie for me. Life is so crazy busy. We have not heard anything about dd's xrays so I will take that as nothing showed up. My step father had surgery yesterday and they found another tomour which they can't remove and they have told my mother that he has 6mos to a year. Dance is crazy. And to for the topper I went back to TOPS so I can weigh in everyweek and their scales say I am up 6 pounds to my ticker. (which I will go fix) Well enough of my downer news. I must dash as I have two extras here this morning and I have got nothing done. My emails keep popping up and my phone keeps ringing. Good lord what a day. Thanks for listening to my vent. Maybe sometime soon I will get time for some personals again.

mommamurray
03-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Just stopping my to say hello. I have lots to do at work today so I cant come out and play. Everyone have a great day.
Tracy

Kim_Star060404
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Almost there...one more day to go before Spring Break!

Cottage: Thanks for waking us up this morning! Hope everything with the car turns out well and that there's enough $$ left for some fancy bras!! :D

Spirit: Congrats on your loss so far! Here's some :dust: for your off days!

Ruth: :hug: I don't think you're immature at all, just human! I'm thinking about you, though and I hope that the pain subsides a lot and soon! Have fun with the grand-doggy today!

Cyndi: Ooooh! Garden planning sounds like fun! (We need a garden smiley!!) I know what you mean about the workday dragging on too long. I'm taking off after lunch today to get caught up on some things at home. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Kier: :yikes: How in the world did you get out of bed at 2 am to write?! Crazy! Hope you have a good day - and get a nap. :D I'll be thinking about you and I hope everything gets worked out soon. :hug:

Gonna: WTG hitting the treadmill this morning! :cheer: Have fun shopping for Easter!

Schmoodle: :lol: Yes, alliteration seems to have worked in your favor this time! WTG avoiding those nasty muffins - having a plan really works wonders, doesn't it?

Cat: :hug: I know DD cherished her time with you and is missing you a lot right now!! Hope you have a relaxing day and that it isn't TOO quiet there!

Kara: Your post is so cheery! I'm sure Tom being home has a lot to do with that. ;) Enjoy your planning - sometimes the planning is more fun for me than the preparation!

Pacer: Our lab still walks us and we've had him for 6 years! He's too anxious to get where we're going!! Have a good day!

tkglenn: I hope you're able to post some pics of your friend's purse cake. Here's to getting everything accomplished that you need to today!

Fluffy: That was too cute! I think I'll print it and post it on the fridge! I know DH would get a kick out of it. I hope you have a good day and that you recover from the pumpkin bread quickly.

Me: Not much going on today. DH and I are meeting at the bank to switch all of our accounts over to higher interest earning accounts after lunch. Then it's home for me so that I can get caught up on school work and house work. Tonight DH is cooking steak and peppers and we're having an "estate-planning" meeting and watching a Dave Ramsey DVD we missed while we were in Ruidoso. We're trying to get our Last Wills and Living Wills and Family Love File together by the time we leave for Myrtle Beach. Phew - seems like we all have a lot to do today! Hope we get it all done!!

Kim_Star060404
03-13-2008, 10:55 AM
:wave:, nesssa, LC and mommamurray! Have a great day!

(Lots of simul-posting today!! :D)

beachgal
03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Cottage, it sounds like a fun day! I love Cracker Barrel--what a great place to relax. Their turkey sausage is divine! :drool: And I love that they have decaf English Breakfast tea...my favorite! Hope you don't need new brakes!

How fun to have to buy new scrubs, Spirit! :high: I had to wear scrubs for surgery when I was at my highest weight and they were SO uncomfortable...they just aren't made for overweight people! I bet you'll be SO comfortable in your new ones! Look out, Grey's Anatomy chickies... Hon, find ways to make SBD version of pizza, lasagna, etc. I found WW lasagna noodles a long time ago at our local grocery store. You could also make a "lasagna like" casserole using other WW pasta or using WW raviolis (I just made a casserole for a friend using raviolis instead of lasagna noodles). Boboli makes a large WW crust and also makes packages of 2 small WW crusts. You can always make a pizza on a WW pita, too. Just find a SF pasta sauce (I actually found that Ragu's Pizza sauce has a flavor that's SF), and use part-skim mozzerella and lean meats (plus lots of veggies!) and you have yourself an SBD pizza!

Plus, look around for restaurants that make pizzas on WW crusts. We have a local one that bakes their crusts in a wood-fired oven. They use the White Whole Wheat flour and their pizzas are delicious! :T I just get pesto for the sauce to avoid the sugar. The pizzas have full-fat cheese, but I avoid fat in the meat (I get cooked chicken breast), and get lots of veggies, so I feel like it's an okay thing once in a while. When DH and I are feeling decadent, we get breadsticks made from the WW dough--they put olive oil and garlic, cheddar cheese, and tons of broccoli on them. It's SO good. :drool:

Anyways, Spirit, there are lots of ways to make your favorite foods SBD-safe. The only thing I've found that I couldn't make was creme brulee (just the topping, actually, the custard is easy). :shrug:

Hey, Ruth! I'm so glad you have the Pypers in your life. :love: They sound like such lovely folks! Hope you and Hersh and Bailey have a great day--:lol: about Hersh's food dish. I took our Angel over to my friend's house the other day to meet her dog, Blue. While we were there, Angel managed to sample both the dog's and the cat's food dishes. She preferred the cat food. :rolleyes: I had to go get her out of the dish three times. Silly pup! Ruthie, didn't anyone tell you that if you have surgery, you get an extra whining allowance? ;) Feel free to whine away! I'm glad things are better. As for the exercises, of COURSE you don't want to do them if they hurt! Can you promise yourself something lovely if you power through them, like a new plant, a lunch with a friend, or some new fabric? (are you as much of a fabric ho as I am? :s: )

Cyndi, I'm starting to feel "panicky" about not having ordered our garden seeds yet...maybe it's because I know it's almost Easter. I need to remind myself that it's still frozen out there and that we have a while to go before any real "spring" starts happening. ;) I hope you enjoy the comp. time...glad you're taking it. We need more encouragement for a work/life balance in our nation, IMHO!

Oh, Kier, I hear you on the anxiety attacks. :hug: They hurt so much!!! :headache: Have you seen a psychiatrist? I've found that it helped immensely to make sure my meds weren't ones that aggravate my tendency towards panic attacks. Plus, talking with someone about what they are, how they happen, etc. helped me deal with them much more. I hear you on "insanity" too. I hope you can find a way to deal with all the "stuff" so you can relax more. I find that when it's really crazy like that, it makes the most sense to just do "triage" (got that one from my wonderful therapist who is a former RN). Do the most critical stuff first and then, if there's time, get to the other stuff. Try to eat healthy, since that helps you have the energy to deal with things, but don't beat yourself up. :hug: I also find it's much easier at times like that to just focus on adding one good habit back at a time. For instance, for a couple weeks I'll focus on just getting exercise in, no matter what kind it is. Then I'll focus on drinking my water every day for a couple weeks, etc. It really made me less scattered and panicky. :D I'll be praying for you, hon. I try to avoid anything that might sound like evangelism, so please forgive me if this doesn't jive with your personal beliefs, but at our class last night, the presenters shared a prayer with us called the Welcoming Prayer. The point of it is to help you accept things as they are and give up control over the present situation. Here are some websites that describe it:

http://www.loyolaspiritualitycenter.org/winter4_2008.pdf (page 8 and the right-hand side of page 9, at the top of page 9 is the part I thought of for you, though I think you have to do it all for it to be effective)
http://www.geocities.com/scrate/welcoming_prayer (this talks primarily about using it with pain/discomfort in your body, but our presenter said you can use this for any situation that causes uncomfortable emotions. His example is being stuck in the "7 items only" check out lane at the supermarket behind someone with 15 items who pays with a handful of loose change. I know how that feels! :lol: )
http://www.centeringprayer.com/clp/PracticeoftheWelcomingPrayer.pdf (this is a very extensive resource--16 pages of information on how to do the Welcoming Prayer)

I'm a control freak, so it seems like a great practice for me! I thought of it right away when you mentioned issues with trying to control everything. :) Hope it helps!

Schmoo, hope you have a great time "sniffing muffins" (sounds like a bad habit... :lol3: ). I was thinking of that the other day--regardless of any good or bad effects it might have, coffee is sometimes the one thing that keeps me from attacking the food at an event. Having a cup of coffee in my hand gives me something to do and to drink so I don't feel odd or left out and I can concentrate on it instead of the food I want to be eating. I hope it works well for you, too! :hug:

Ah, Cat, I know intimately how hard those good-byes are. :cry: My mom lives on the other side of the country and I only get to see her once a year. The way it works out, we have a year and a half in between two of the visits. :( But, thank God for e-mail and phones and all the wonderful ways we have to connect. :love: That helps a lot! What's callenetics? Sounds fun! Great way to deal with the boo-hoos!

Hey, Kara! You must be very, very happy to have Tom back! :love: I don't know how you do it without him--I find it tough to be a "single parent" for even a day with our pets and kids are much more involved, I assume. It must be nice to have your partner back. :D I'm on the fence about getting an Easter dress. I've never done it before and I'm kind of refraining from buying clothes right now because I don't like the size I am and I have tons of clothes from the size I was before I regained. But I'm doing RCIA so the Easter Vigil will be a really special night and then on Easter we're going to brunch at a really wonderful, swanky restaurant with another couple, so it'd be nice to dress up. My sponsor even told me she was getting a new dress for the first time in years, just to celebrate my confirmation! I just don't know when I'd go shopping... :eek:

Gonna, your exercise is inspiring! How do you keep from getting bored? I've been doing the same workout (elliptical) for months now and am so bored with it, but don't know of any other kinds of cardio I can do in the same amount of time. I use the recumbent bike every now and then, but the treadmill does nothing for me. I find it hard to get the same intensity of workout, since I can't run on the treadmill (hurts my knees). I also can't do step classes because of my knees. When the weather is better, I'm hoping to ride my bike more often, but I'm at a loss for the next couple months until the weather improves. :shrug:

Me:
Off to the gym after work, then snack and dog walking before I head off to a tea tasting class. I'm excited--I'm going with a few friends who are huge tea aficionados too. (I have over 30 cannisters of different teas in our pantry and about 40 boxes of tea bags...it's an addiction! :o ) One friend who is going will be moving to a town a couple hours away after this weekend, so I'm glad to get some time with her.

After that, I need to pack, pack, pack for my scrapbooking retreat! :eek:

Hope everyone has a great day and that your weather is beautiful! :sunny:

beachgal
03-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Yikes, like 20 people posted while I was doing lengthy personals! :faint:

Sorry I can't get to everyone. I did read it all, though! :grouphug:

LC, I'm so sorry things are so hard right now. :hug: I'll be praying for you!

Barb0522
03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Wow! There is no way I have time for personals to everyone.

Nessa - It's good to hear from you again. We've missed you.

Laurie - When Brian went through RCIA two years ago, it was so special (and long, we had over 100 getting sacrements so it lasted 4 hours which can be tough on the little kids).

Me - Robert came over for several hours last night with Ron and loaded up his car. He still has so much stuff to get. They'll be back for 3 hours on Saturday morning and then again Saturday evening. If Robert can find someone else to come during the day then he can do more then but Ron has stuff with his sons during the day.

I'm going at lunch today to drop off my tax stuff. I hope we really do manage to get the refund split in half like it is supposed to. I did manage to get 40 copies of 5 forms created and printed for tonight's Roundtable. I still need to finish up the staff application and get that for tonight along with the junior staff form if I have time. That one might have to wait.

My eating has not been as healthy as it should be and I am gaining weight. There have just been sometimes when I've had to grab fast food due to lack of time. Tonight I'm making spinach and black bean pasta before Roundtable. That was supposed to be last night's dinner but Brian didn't want to eat until after his Dad left and then it was too late to cook. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. Maybe Brian and I can go out for a bike ride.

femmecreole
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey Nessa!!! Happy to "see" you again!!! We've missed you!

BeachGal..Callenetics is an exercise program developed by Callen Pinkney in the '80's. VERY effective. Kind of like ballet..kind of. Very easy on the joints..no jumping etc. I love it...similar to fluidity bar too (I would imagine this is the basis of fluidity) I got it to have a change from fluidity, to mix it up a bit. The dvd I got is the original 80's version as I heard it was still the best one...if you can get past the hilarious leotards and old hair, it's great. You can really feel it deep in your muscles and between that and fluidity, my bits and pieces are really getting tighter. The bingo wings are pretty much a nasty memory now.

cottagebythesea
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow, this place sure is busy today! I just wanted to pop in for a minute, and spent the past hour just reading everyone's posts. :) There's no way I can reply to so many, but I'm thinking of you all and sending out warm wishes.

I did need brakes, and by the time I got out of there it was almost 10am. My brother is doing some work at Mom's, so she wanted to stay there and make him lunch, so there goes those plans. I called Andrea, but she's studying for an exam she has this afternoon. So I'm just going to putter around out in my garden after lunch. My ice pansies made it through the winter and are starting to bloom again, so I want to repot them in planters on the front porch, and I want to rake out the other gardens. It'll be fun to see what's starting to poke their little shoots up through the ground. :)

Ruthxxx
03-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Whahhhhhh! Pansies and garden puttering. I guess it's time to start a garden thread. (I can live vicariously, right?)

ladybugnessa
03-13-2008, 03:00 PM
oh wow... you guys rock.. not that I ever manage to do personals... i'm bad that way...

Spiritmagejkt
03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Ruth we can get bulbs to force inside until the snow melts. I have a nice sunny bay window and have flowers all year of one sort or another. The snow helps too because it makes it brighter.

Today was great!!! I actually fit into a XL It was still just a tad to tight to use at work, but I think in about 6 weeks I'll be into that size. The tops will probably stay the same size. If I go any smaller I'll split the back. a few months ago I couldn't even get an XL over my knees. This diet is a miracle. The scrubs are nice nothing fancy. I want to wait til I"m down a bit more before I get anything really nice. I'm right between sizes right now.